Scene 2: Supply Dump.   Posted by GM.Group: 0
GM
 GM, 52 posts
 Plotting your demise
Sun 10 Apr 2016
at 05:23
Scene 2: Supply Dump
Leaving the dead Nazis and dead jeep behind, you maneuver the vehicles off of what could only charitable be called a road and into the desert. To the south you catch glimpses of golden dunes, the Sahara.  The heat haze causes the dunes to shift and contort, as though the whole desert really is an ocean of sand.  Sometimes they look like they're hovering, being eaten away by a cobalt blue ocean.

The heat haze is omnipresent. Behind you, you can't see the desert you passed through only minutes ago, as though nothing exists outside of where you are at this moment. As though nothing you knew before ever existed.  You try to remember your loved ones' faces, the sound of a busy street, the smell of food.  But the sun beating down, the constant rumble of the engines, the blinding blue sky makes it difficult to remember.

The feeling passes as you crest a rise and spot the supply dump.

It's set in a gulch below a sandy ridge, providing concealment and some protection from the elements.  Immediately visible is a kubelwagen, two large tents, and sandbagged machine gun positions on either side of the supply dump, all circled by razor wire.  There's no sign of any guards, but a body in a gray uniform is twisted up in the wire, unmoving.
Victoria Ramos
 player, 12 posts
 Vic-Vic
Sun 10 Apr 2016
at 15:16
Scene 2: Supply Dump
In reply to GM (msg # 1):

Victoria sweeps the area her eyes checking for threats as she traverses the MG along its carry route.
She does not say any thing but the hairs on the back of her neck stand up as she worries about things she can not see
Cpl. Mukhtar Khatti
 player, 42 posts
 The Lion
Sun 10 Apr 2016
at 16:00
Scene 2: Supply Dump
*quietly, tho unnecessarily so as the sound of the truck engine would be heard farther away then his voice even if he were speaking in regular tones but almost as if talking to himself*

"Why would there be no one on any of the machine guns, I don't like it."
Sgt. Wendell Fong
 player, 22 posts
 Sarge
 Come hell or high water!
Sun 10 Apr 2016
at 16:11
Scene 2: Supply Dump
Sarge drives through the heat without speaking. He is mindful of the kubelwagon's position and the road around them and road behind them. Beyond that as they crest the rise and catch sight of the supply dump he is might as well meditating.

The sight of the camp, however, and the body twisted in the wire brings him out of it, "Well, that don't look right.", he says aloud."

When Khatti speaks:
quote:
"Why would there be no one on any of the machine guns, I don't like it."


He replies, "Hell, Corporal, I think he's so busy wrappin' himself in the wire he don't got time to man a machine gun."
GM
 GM, 55 posts
 Plotting your demise
Sun 10 Apr 2016
at 23:16
Scene 2: Supply Dump
Other than the slight waving of the tents in the breeze, nothing moves in or around the supply dump.
Josephine Chevalier
 player, 17 posts
 Codename Sparrow
Mon 11 Apr 2016
at 04:47
Scene 2: Supply Dump
Josephine shook her head. "I don't like this one bit. I'm half tempted to say we should withdraw. What do you all think?"
Israel Rodriguez
 player, 16 posts
 Dizzy Izzy
Mon 11 Apr 2016
at 07:26
Scene 2: Supply Dump
Israel stared at the scene grimly, his right hand wrapped around his cross tightly. "I vote for returning back on the road and getting to Bou Sadaa. I'm getting a bad feeling about this whole situation. Part of me is interested though in what happened here. If we really wanted to investigate we could try to draw out anyone who may be hiding. Bullets, explosives, or tear gas could do the trick."
Sgt. Wendell Fong
 player, 23 posts
 Sarge
 Come hell or high water!
Mon 11 Apr 2016
at 13:27
Scene 2: Supply Dump
"I don't have binocs, but if anyone else does that might give us a better idea of who the hell that was down there, before he got himself dead. Might also indicate what deaded him. That's the least we should do.", responds Sarge.

He pauses before continuing, "How long have these sonsabitches from Black Sun and Nacthwolfe been around? Only the good Lord knows what they are doing and how they do it at this time, and we'll find out more about that in Bou Saada, but if they're comin' from the Fatherland and in a hurry they might be wearing regular field unis like I think that feller is.

"Look, even a dead snake can still bite, but if we ain't seen nobody movin' down there at this point, I'd bet there ain't nobody movin' any more at all. We can move along now and investigate later, but it seems mighty dam' odd for this sorta thing here when our mission is to find out what the dam' Nazi hocus-pocus warriors are doin' out here."

GM
 GM, 57 posts
 Plotting your demise
Mon 11 Apr 2016
at 14:50
Scene 2: Supply Dump
Through binoculars Josephine can see the supply dump a little better. The dead body is face down, but the uniform looks German.  The body has been nearly bisected by bullets, probably a spray from one of the MGs.  The body doesn't have any weapons, a helmet, shoes, or combat rig, so perhaps whoever shot the man stripped his equipment. But with how far the body is into the wire, it would be awfully hard to reach.

More interesting is the hundreds of brass shell casings around the sandbag emplacements.  Whatever happened, there was a lot of shooting.  There are no other visible bodies, but definitely some blood spatters on the sandbags.

One of the tents has a large tear in the side and dried blood streaks the edges of the it.

The kubelwagen is unoccupied and has some sort of mobile artillery piece hooked up to its trailer hitch.  And . . . the kubelwagen is moving slightly. It seems to coincide with the clanking sound, just an occasional twitch as though someone were moving in it, but the seats are definitely empty.
Josephine Chevalier
 player, 18 posts
 Codename Sparrow
Mon 11 Apr 2016
at 15:18
Scene 2: Supply Dump
Josephine jumped slightly as the kubelwagen moved, the slammed the binoculars into Sarge's hand. "Take a look, but I'm with Izzy -- I do not want to go down there." Once Sarge was done with the binoculars, Josephine nodded for him to pass them along to whoever wanted a better look.
Israel Rodriguez
 player, 17 posts
 Dizzy Izzy
Tue 12 Apr 2016
at 07:37
Scene 2: Supply Dump
Israel nodded, his eyebrows furrowing as he spoke. "I agree,if whoever was camped down there was Black Sun or Nacthwolfe what were they doing here? I'm still in the boat we that should head to Bou Sadaa but investigating a Black Sun encampment might be too good to pass up." Seeing Josephine get startled and hearing her voice Israel's eyes widened before asking, "What, what happened? Did you see something?"
Sgt. Wendell Fong
 player, 24 posts
 Sarge
 Come hell or high water!
Tue 12 Apr 2016
at 14:14
Scene 2: Supply Dump
Sarge too takes a look through the field glasses, but primarily at the kubelwagon, "What in tarnation? I'm not the only one who heard noise comin' from that jeep down there, am I?"

Passing the glasses on to the next person that wants to look he continues, "Okay, whelp, if'n y'all don't want ta go down there, I think we maybe outghta sit tight and see what the hell comes outta that thing?"

OOC: What range are we at from where we now sit?
GM
 GM, 58 posts
 Plotting your demise
Tue 12 Apr 2016
at 15:05
Scene 2: Supply Dump
Probably about 1000 feet/333 meters.  If you watch for a few minutes through the binoculars, you finally track down that the hood on the front is the source of the motion. Like there's something inside.
Sgt. Wendell Fong
 player, 25 posts
 Sarge
 Come hell or high water!
Tue 12 Apr 2016
at 15:23
Scene 2: Supply Dump
"...Or, hell, maybe somebody's trapped in there that might be able to explain what the hell happened down there?"
Victoria Ramos
 player, 13 posts
 Vic-Vic
Tue 12 Apr 2016
at 18:02
Re: Scene 2: Supply Dump
Sgt. Wendell Fong:
"...Or, hell, maybe somebody's trapped in there that might be able to explain what the hell happened down there?"

Vitoria carries on manning the MG, sweeping the area turning making sure nothing gets the chance to sneak up on them.
"I hate to say it, but this is the sort of reason we are out here" she says firmly
Cpl. Mukhtar Khatti
 player, 44 posts
 The Lion
Wed 13 Apr 2016
at 20:58
Re: Scene 2: Supply Dump
"I feel confident if it is a trap I can handle the situation withthe Vickers...."
Victoria Ramos
 player, 14 posts
 Vic-Vic
Thu 14 Apr 2016
at 17:55
Re: Scene 2: Supply Dump
Cpl. Mukhtar Khatti:
"I feel confident if it is a trap I can handle the situation withthe Vickers...."

Victoria looks over the situation, then asks "do you want me to try and sneak in there and get a closer look?
Sgt. Wendell Fong
 player, 26 posts
 Sarge
 Come hell or high water!
Thu 14 Apr 2016
at 18:07
Re: Scene 2: Supply Dump
In reply to Victoria Ramos (msg # 17):

Being the Military leader of the group, Sarge nods in reply to Victoria's question, "If the Chief agrees that we should check this out, yes. We'll cover ya."

Turning to Josephine, "So? What are you thinking, Chief?"
Josephine Chevalier
 player, 19 posts
 Codename Sparrow
Thu 14 Apr 2016
at 21:00
Re: Scene 2: Supply Dump
Josephine was clearly conflicted. Sending Victoria in was putting one of her people in God-knows-what kind of danger before they even arrived in Bou Saada. Leaving now meant leaving a riddle unanswered, something that would distract them until they solved it. And whatever was going on here, it might be gone by the time they returned.

Finally, she nodded. "Do it, Vickers. But the second you start feeling like it's a bad idea, get the hell out."
Cpl. Mukhtar Khatti
 player, 45 posts
 The Lion
Thu 14 Apr 2016
at 21:09
Re: Scene 2: Supply Dump
"We should arrange the vehicles in slightly differetn possitions, if she runs into trouble I dont want us to have to shoot around her in order to provide cover, if we make an L we will be able to have at least a few of us with clean shots of whatevere problem she runs into..."
Victoria Ramos
 player, 15 posts
 Vic-Vic
Thu 14 Apr 2016
at 21:12
Re: Scene 2: Supply Dump
Josephine Chevalier:
Josephine was clearly conflicted. Sending Victoria in was putting one of her people in God-knows-what kind of danger before they even arrived in Bou Saada. Leaving now meant leaving a riddle unanswered, something that would distract them until they solved it. And whatever was going on here, it might be gone by the time they returned.

Finally, she nodded. "Do it, Vickers. But the second you start feeling like it's a bad idea, get the hell out."

 Victoria slims gear down taking only a pistol her knife and a water bottle she wants as little as possible to reveal her presance
Sgt. Wendell Fong
 player, 27 posts
 Sarge
 Come hell or high water!
Thu 14 Apr 2016
at 22:07
Re: Scene 2: Supply Dump
Sarge nods when Josephine speaks, "Okie doke!"

Turning to Izzy, "Khatti is right, I'm movin' the truck around. You be ready with Josephine and Nancy to ride like yer ass is on fire down there if things go bad. Let's be careful with these machine guns, though. Our gal's gonna be be awful close to a baddie if he comes at her.

"Come to think of it, Corporal, you and I are the best shots besides Vic-Vic, let's use those Karabiners we got from our Nazi friends -- it'll be better to cover her with them and reduce the spray."

Israel Rodriguez
 player, 19 posts
 Dizzy Izzy
Fri 15 Apr 2016
at 08:21
Re: Scene 2: Supply Dump
"Yes sir, If anything goes wrong we'll already be down the hill." Israel headed back to the kubelwagen, his entire body tensed up watching for any sign of the situation turning ugly.
GM
 GM, 61 posts
 Plotting your demise
Fri 15 Apr 2016
at 15:06
Re: Scene 2: Supply Dump
Victoria works her way around using the hills as cover, then duck walks down toward the supply dump. There's a narrow gap in the wire, but she avoids it, giving the body a wide berth as well. When she gets to the razor wire, she goes onto her back and works her way through the wire. Once she's through, she takes cover by one of the sandbagged emplacements.  She once crawled a hundred feet through a Japanese latrine trench to steal a rifle. This is a cakewalk.

There aren't any Germans laying in ambush, no signs of hidden explosives or a mine field. . There are however, hundreds of bullet casings all around,  She can still smell the gunpowder from fired weapons.  There's also bits of dead Germans, mostly fingers and small chunks of flesh. One of the tent  looks like a slaughterhouse, with blood everywhere and at least two dead Germans in an Afrika Korps uniforms, in several different pieces.

The noise from the kubelwagen startles her. It's coming from the hood.

There's Someone inside. And they're trying to get out.




Victoria, give me a Spirit roll at -1 for the carnage in the tent. If you fail you have Nausea and have a -1 on all further actions for about 20 minutes. If you get a 1, you suffer Horror and roll me 1D20.

There are 2 MG-34s, one MP-40, and two Kar-98s, all with no ammunition.  There is also several Jerry cans of gasoline and water.  The kubelwagen is towing a Breda Modello 35 anti-aircraft/anti-tank gun. I'll post stats for everything later.

Victoria Ramos
 player, 17 posts
 Vic-Vic
Fri 15 Apr 2016
at 17:56
Re: Scene 2: Supply Dump
GM:
Victoria works her way around using the hills as cover, then duck walks down toward the supply dump. There's a narrow gap in the wire, but she avoids it, giving the body a wide berth as well. When she gets to the razor wire, she goes onto her back and works her way through the wire. Once she's through, she takes cover by one of the sandbagged emplacements.  She once crawled a hundred feet through a Japanese latrine trench to steal a rifle. This is a cakewalk.

There aren't any Germans laying in ambush, no signs of hidden explosives or a mine field. . There are however, hundreds of bullet casings all around,  She can still smell the gunpowder from fired weapons.  There's also bits of dead Germans, mostly fingers and small chunks of flesh. One of the tent  looks like a slaughterhouse, with blood everywhere and at least two dead Germans in an Afrika Korps uniforms, in several different pieces.

The noise from the kubelwagen startles her. It's coming from the hood.

There's Someone inside. And they're trying to get out.




Victoria, give me a Spirit roll at -1 for the carnage in the tent. If you fail you have Nausea and have a -1 on all further actions for about 20 minutes. If you get a 1, you suffer Horror and roll me 1D20.

There are 2 MG-34s, one MP-40, and two Kar-98s, all with no ammunition.  There is also several Jerry cans of gasoline and water.  The kubelwagen is towing a Breda Modello 35 anti-aircraft/anti-tank gun. I'll post stats for everything later.


17:39, Today: Victoria Ramos rolled 3 using 1d6.

17:39, Today: Victoria Ramos rolled 0 using 1d8-1.  spirit roll.

She will take the MP40 and empty mags, for later filling. Looks around for officers and any other useful loot
Binoculars ect
 then moves to the kubelwagen and taps the metal, " yes who is in there"? she asks softly.


Thank goodness for the wild dice