Day 2 - Bandits & Crypt.   Posted by DM.Group: 0
DM
 GM, 160 posts
 Dungeon
 Master
Fri 18 Nov 2016
at 02:32
Day 2
In the morning, Kaylessa bids her guests good morning and offers a choice of leftover crumblecake or cold bread and cheese. She apologizes for the lack of choice, then goes outside to oversee the ongoing work in the backyard. A makeshift fire pit and grill looks to be under construction there.

Leaving the inn, the group makes their way out of Red Larch heading south to the center of town. A grand mansion on the corner of the two main roads in town is illuminated with morning sunlight, which causes its stone to glow with an almost unearthly light. Its double wooden doors, painted with the symbols of many gods, are flung wide.

The group turns to the east along the Cairn Road, passing by a clothier's shop and a cluttered yard of half-completed wagons before the town proper gives way to farmland.

After about five miles of travel along the well-worn road, the farms to either side give way to slightly rockier terrain like that described by the constable the prior evening. The group comes upon two large boulders near the side of the road, where several sets of footprints between the rocks are easily visible.




Red Larch thread & Dessarin Valley location updated.


This message was last edited by the GM at 02:34, Fri 18 Nov 2016.

Asano Breathkill
 player, 51 posts
 Half-Elf
 Sorcerer (Wild Magic)
Fri 18 Nov 2016
at 16:22
Day 2
Asano graciously accepts the cold bread and cheese before the party heads out of town. He munches away quite happily, finishing the food well before the town limits. As the party travels, he admires Mayon's gloves and attempts to size up the rest of the group's relative strengths and deficiencies. When the party finds the footprints, he pulls the wand at his side.
Mayon Graycross
 player, 80 posts
 Half Elf
 Warlock--Fey Pact
Sat 19 Nov 2016
at 15:18
Day 2
Mayon brushes a few crumbs from his hands as they walk, his gloves on should anything happen. He notes Asano's wand and nods quietly, curious about the make. Now wasn't the time though. His eyes then fall to the footprints and he tenses a bit. Well, they'd found a trail.
Jakrynn Redgate
 player, 47 posts
 Young Human
 Bardly Rogue
Sat 19 Nov 2016
at 17:20
Day 2
Jak was disappointed about the evening before. It made it a bit hard to get to sleep, but once he did he was out like a light. In the morning he was not at all disappointed by his choices and took some of both choices that Kaylessa gave them. He fed a bit of the cheese to his mouse companion with a smile. Some of the food was put in to pockets for later.

When they left town, his spirits had risen sufficiently for him to be humming, albeit on the quiet side. His head tilted to the side when he saw the footprints. He frowned slightly and shook his head. "So. Shall we go check it out?" He fingered a dagger that seemed to appear out of almost nowhere with a grin on his face.

He stepped forward towards the boulders, as if to go between them, and checked for any hidden dangers or traps.

This message was last edited by the player at 18:25, Sun 20 Nov 2016.

DM
 GM, 164 posts
 Dungeon
 Master
Sun 20 Nov 2016
at 18:55
Day 2
Jak moves off the road toward the boulders and looks between them. In his narrow field of vision, he can tell that the land slopes downward behind the rocks. Brush and other rocks studs the grasslands here and there.

Just beyond one of the bushes, Jak sees part of a cart or wagon of some kind. Also, the smell of burning wood, as if from a cookfire, hangs in the air.

Bandit Hunt map updated.

This message was last edited by the GM at 20:42, Sun 20 Nov 2016.

Asano Breathkill
 player, 53 posts
 Half-Elf
 Sorcerer (Wild Magic)
Sun 20 Nov 2016
at 21:37
Day 2
"Oh, definitely," Asano smiles wolfishly. "I would love an easy job, after last night." He moves to the boulders waiting for the tougher party members to move toward the possible encampment.
Jakrynn Redgate
 player, 50 posts
 Young Human
 Bardly Rogue
Sun 20 Nov 2016
at 22:20
Day 2
Jak frowned slightly. "Hmm...I think either they may've hit a caravan or person recently, or they have a cart or wagon t'haul goods after they take stuff.. I see a wagon just over there...an' I smell smoke, could be a campfire but I ain't sure." He kept his voice pitched low as he looked around and sniffed the air.
Mayon Graycross
 player, 81 posts
 Half Elf
 Warlock--Fey Pact
Sun 20 Nov 2016
at 22:28
Day 2
"Should we take a closer look?" Mayon asks softly, creeping forward as well. If it was a caravan, they may have left injured people or...bodies.The thought makes him queasy as he eyes the scene warily.


15:26, Today: Mayon Graycross rolled 24 using 1d20+4. Perception check, looking to see if there's any signs of people, living or dead. Also WHOO, Nat 20 :D
Morg Danforge
 player, 47 posts
 mountain dwarf
 fighter 1
Mon 21 Nov 2016
at 07:33
Day 2
Morg hands Verthel the wide brimmed straw hat Bram gave him, and softly asks "Do any of you have magic tricks to turn into birds, or other critters that don't taste nice, to scout it out?"

This message was last edited by the player at 07:37, Mon 21 Nov 2016.

DM
 GM, 166 posts
 Dungeon
 Master
Mon 21 Nov 2016
at 18:31
Day 2
Moving between the boulders, Mayon can just make out something that clearly looks like a wagon near some bushes. There appears to be a cage in the wagon, though he can't make out who or what is inside. The crackle of a fire is definitely audible, and echos off the rock.

Suddenly the cage wobbles somewhat, as if something inside it shifted, or swatted at the door.

I've moved Mayon and Asano a bit closer to the boulders, but it will be easier to tell where you want to move to if you use the coordinates on the map going forward. This will be particularly useful when if we end up in initiative.