Day 9 - Underground Rescue.   Posted by DM.Group: 0
DM
 GM, 1442 posts
 Dungeon
 Master
Tue 29 Oct 2019
at 00:49
Re: Day 9 - Underground Rescue
Elizar lets go of the reins briefly to start casting some sort of spell.


Map updated!

We're back in initiative! Magdrak, Findarion, and Morg are up now if you want to take any actions.

Round 7 Initiative Order:

WhoInitStatus
Magdrak21Inspiration
Findarion20 
Morg18Inspriation
Elizar14 
Asano12Inspiration
Jak7 
Greaek4 
Wiglaf3 

This message was last edited by the GM at 21:28, Wed 30 Oct.

Morg Danforge
 player, 708 posts
 mountain dwarf AC16 1insp
 fighter 4 BM 0sw 0as 0sd8
Thu 31 Oct 2019
at 08:30
Re: Day 9 - Underground Rescue
Morg scrambles, trying to get out of the tower.
Move and Action: Dash, trying to get out of tower.

10:29, Today: Morg Danforge rolled 12 using 1d20+7 with rolls of 5.  Athletics check for getting out of tower.

Findarion
 player, 162 posts
 High Elf
 Arcane Trickster
Fri 1 Nov 2019
at 21:00
Re: Day 9 - Underground Rescue
Findarion, seeing Jak struggle against Elizar, takes cover first before firing an arrow at the mage.

21:58, Today: Secret Roll: Findarion rolled 18 using 1d8+4+2d6 with rolls of 6,2,6.  damage+sneak attack.
21:57, Today: Secret Roll: Findarion rolled 19 using 2d20+6, dropping the lowest dice only with rolls of 7,13.  Attack, advantage from hiding.
21:57, Today: Secret Roll: Findarion rolled 19 using 1d20+8 with rolls of 11.  Stealth.

Hide first, then attack.

I recall I was limited by arrows, frankly I wasn't counting. I think I still have like 3 or 4?

DM
 GM, 1445 posts
 Dungeon
 Master
Sun 3 Nov 2019
at 17:13
Re: Day 9 - Underground Rescue
Morg makes his way quickly out of the tower, carefully climbing sideways on the tower wall until he reaches the top of the remaining scaffolding.

Findarion's arrow strikes Elizar just as he was about to cast a spell at Jak. Instead he turns toward the opening in the tower, and casts another spell. A thick, nauseating cloud of yellow gas springs out of thin air around Findarion, seeping into the tower and the air outside surrounding the doorway.

Sharpwind banks sharply and gives another cry towards Jak, seemingly asking him where to go.


Mid round update! Map updated.

Asano and Jak are up now, and Magdrak can still take his turn also.

Elizar casts Stinking Cloud centered at P92. The area marked on the map is heavily obscured. Each creature that is completely within the cloud at the start of its turn must make a Constitution saving throw against poison (DC 15). On a failed save, the creature spends its action that turn retching and reeling.

Findarion currently has 2 arrows left =).


This message was last edited by the GM at 02:17, Wed 06 Nov.

Morg Danforge
 player, 709 posts
 mountain dwarf AC16 1insp
 fighter 4 BM 0sw 0as 0sd8
Mon 4 Nov 2019
at 14:27
Re: Day 9 - Underground Rescue

Throwing early for 2nd round so I don't forget about the advantage from Dwarven resilience.

Saving throw vs Stinking Cloud - 15. What's the DC?

16:23, Today: Morg Danforge rolled 15 using 2d20+4, dropping the lowest dice only with rolls of 11,4.  Constitution save with advantage for Dwarven resilience against Stinking Cloud.

Magdrak
 player, 90 posts
Tue 5 Nov 2019
at 03:47
Re: Day 9 - Underground Rescue
Magdrak hesitates as he watches the onset of the airborne battle in front on him.  He looks at his javelin and shakes his head, concerned about his aim.  As the cult priest casts his spell and the poisonous cloud starts to spread, the dwarf begins to cough.

"Cannot imagine breathing this in for a long time can be good for us."



OOC:

22:42, Today: Magdrak rolled 16 using 2d20+3, dropping the lowest dice only with rolls of 11,13.  Constitution Save (Advantage).

Current HP: 17/40
Lay on Hands: 20/20
Channel Divinity: 0/1
Current Spells:
1st: 1/3

Jakrynn Redgate
 player, 539 posts
 Young Human
 Bardly Rogue
Wed 6 Nov 2019
at 06:01
Re: Day 9 - Underground Rescue
Jak's eyes widened as Findarion's arrow came streaking in towards them. He grinned when it hit Elizar...but then the damn mage countered by casting a gas cloud spell. Jak grimaced with a deep frown and gave the old man a shove off Sharpwind with his free hand. "Y'made me say it TWICE! Get off my friend, you old jackass!"

To Sharpwind he said, "Hey, girl, don't worry 'bout me, but you just stay outta that guy's reach. No one gets t'yank you around like that!"
DM
 GM, 1447 posts
 Dungeon
 Master
Thu 7 Nov 2019
at 02:08
Re: Day 9 - Underground Rescue
Jak shoves Elizar off the flying mount just as Sharpwind makes a steep, banking dive. Elizar grasps futilely for the stirrup as he plummets to the ground.


Map updated!

Magdrak, Findarion, and Morg are up now.

Round 7 Summary:

Magdrak coughs.

Findarion fires an arrow at Elizar - HIT for 18 piercing.

Morg moves onto the scaffolding.

Elizar casts Stinking Cloud centered at P92. The area marked on the map is heavily obscured. Each creature that is completely within the cloud at the start of its turn must make a Constitution saving throw against poison. On a failed save, the creature spends its action that turn retching and reeling.

Asano hangs out.

Jak shoves Elizar - Elizar loses the contest, and fails a Dex save. He falls 30 and takes 9 bludgeoning. Elizar makes concentration check on Stinking Cloud.

Greaek does nothing.

Wiglaf does nothing.


Round 8 Initiative Order:

WhoInitStatus
Magdrak21Inspiration
Findarion20 
Morg18Inspriation
Elizar14Conc: Stinking Cloud
Asano12Inspiration
Jak7 
Greaek4 
Wiglaf3 

Magdrak
 player, 91 posts
Thu 7 Nov 2019
at 05:09
Re: Day 9 - Underground Rescue
Magdrak moves forward to the stairs, attempting to feel his way and climb above the stinking cloud.  "I know those stairs have got to be here somewhere... and hopefully the cloud will not be above."



OOC:

Move upstairs as far as possible (25')


Current HP: 17/40
Lay on Hands: 20/20
Channel Divinity: 0/1
Current Spells:
1st: 1/3

Findarion
 player, 163 posts
 High Elf
 Arcane Trickster
Thu 7 Nov 2019
at 11:03
Re: Day 9 - Underground Rescue
Findarion starts coughing violently, but manages to keep his composure and follows Magdrak's voice upstairs.

OOC: I will move up to 90 ft (Action Dash, bonus action Dash), looking for an opening on the same side of the tower so I can still contribute to the fight.
Morg Danforge
 player, 710 posts
 mountain dwarf AC16 1insp
 fighter 4 BM 0sw 0as 0sd8
Thu 7 Nov 2019
at 13:31
Re: Day 9 - Underground Rescue
"Reminds me of the barracks." Morg says, shrugging off the poison cloud, while trying to get out of it nonetheless.

Succeeded saving throw vs Stinking Cloud - 15 (see previous post).

Move: 25' carefully off the scaffolding (23 Athletics check if needed). Once on the ground, go towards the ruckus made by Sharpwind, Elizar, and Jak.

Action: will probably require a dash.

15:30, Today: Morg Danforge rolled 23 using 1d20+7 with rolls of 16.  Athletics check possibly needed to get off scaffolding.

This message was last edited by the player at 13:32, Thu 07 Nov.

DM
 GM, 1448 posts
 Dungeon
 Master
Fri 8 Nov 2019
at 23:48
Re: Day 9 - Underground Rescue
Magdrak and Findarion climb the stairs and emerge from the cloud below into a room with a ruined floor. Merellien staggers along behind, retching and coughing. Though there are no outside openings visible here, stone stairs continue up to a higher floor above.

Elizar stands unsteadily and curses up at Jak riding Sharpwind above. "You have devastated my cult!" the man screams, as shadowy mist shoots upwards from his outstretched hands to encircle Jak.


Mid round update! Map updated.

Asano and Jak are up now in Round 8. Since Jak is more than likely unconscious though, everyone can post - Magdrak, Findarion, and Morg would be posting their Round 9 action.

Elizar casts Blight at Jak for 40 necrotic (half on successful Con save, DC 15).

Round 9 Initiative Order:

WhoInitStatus
Magdrak21Inspiration
Findarion20 
Morg18Inspriation
Elizar14Conc: Stinking Cloud
Asano12Inspiration
Jak7 
Greaek4 
Wiglaf3 

This message was last edited by the GM at 23:51, Fri 08 Nov.

Jakrynn Redgate
 player, 541 posts
 Young Human
 Bardly Rogue
Sat 9 Nov 2019
at 00:24
Re: Day 9 - Underground Rescue
Jak let out a laugh at Elizar's yelled whine. That abruptly cut off and he fell silent as the energy enveloped him. He then slumped forward on Sharpwind, unmoving.

17:23, Today: Secret Roll: Jakrynn Redgate rolled 12 using 1d20+2 with rolls of 10.  Constitution Save.
Morg Danforge
 player, 711 posts
 mountain dwarf AC16 1insp
 fighter 4 BM 0sw 0as 0sd8
Sun 10 Nov 2019
at 15:43
Re: Day 9 - Underground Rescue
Seeing Jak go down, Morg runs towards his friend and slashes the robed Elizar as he passes him.
Move: 15' to j94.

Action: attack Elizar with greatsword - critical hit for 18 slashing damage.

17:38, Today: Morg Danforge rolled 27 using 1d20+7 with rolls of 20.  Attack Elizar with greatsword.
17:40, Today: Morg Danforge rolled 12 using 4d6+5 with rolls of 2,1,1,3.  Critical hit slashing damage to Elizar from greatsword (reroll a 1 or 2 once).
17:40, Today: Morg Danforge rolled 10 using 3d6 with rolls of 6,1,3.  Reroll the 2 and two 1s with Great weapon fighting fighting style.

This message was last edited by the player at 15:44, Sun 10 Nov.

DM
 GM, 1449 posts
 Dungeon
 Master
Tue 12 Nov 2019
at 22:59
Re: Day 9 - Underground Rescue
Sharpwind gives a sharp mourning cry and dives at Elizar, the unconscious Jak still lashed into the saddle. The bird rakes Elizar across the face with its claws and stabs him in the chest, causing him to reel backwards. Abruptly the stinking cloud sitting heavy near the doorway into the tower evaporates. Greaek and Wiglaf rush to the opening.

Despite Morg scoring a vicious slash in his back, Elizar's crazed eyes are locked on the aggrieved hippogriff. As Elizar readies a spell to incinerate the bird, a blast from Wiglaf's outstreched hands takes him full in the chest, blasting the man backwards like a rag doll. Landing halfway down the hill, he rolls to a stop near a large boulder.


...and, we're out of initiative! The group is a bit split up right now, so what's everyone up to?

Loot thread updated with latest XP totals.

This message was last edited by the GM at 23:01, Tue 12 Nov.

Morg Danforge
 player, 712 posts
 mountain dwarf AC16 1insp
 fighter 4 BM 0sw 0as 0sd8
Wed 13 Nov 2019
at 08:42
Re: Day 9 - Underground Rescue
Morg takes out his waterskin, and pours some water on Jak's drained and brittle looking face. Being more experienced with first aid related to blood loss and broken bones, his attempt doesn't seem to do much

"Anyone have a potion?" he shouts back towards the tower.
10:35, Today: Morg Danforge rolled 5 using 1d20+1 with rolls of 4.  Medicine check to try to stabalize Jak (DC 10).
Magdrak
 player, 92 posts
Thu 14 Nov 2019
at 03:54
Re: Day 9 - Underground Rescue
Magdrak, upon hearing Morg's bellowing call, turns around and heads back down the stairs to the opening leading outside.  He sees Jak lying unconscious, then searches for the quickest way down that doesn't involve simply jumping off the ledge.  He calls back to Morg.  "Be right down... somehow..."
Findarion
 player, 164 posts
 High Elf
 Arcane Trickster
Thu 14 Nov 2019
at 16:22
Re: Day 9 - Underground Rescue
Findarion takes the rope from his backpack and looks for a place to tie it at the doorway, so they all (his brother in particular) can descend safely down.
DM
 GM, 1452 posts
 Dungeon
 Master
Wed 20 Nov 2019
at 00:24
Re: Day 9 - Underground Rescue
Tying the rope to the foot of the nearby steps, the rope seems stable enough to allow a safe descent, or perhaps a short swing to the top of the remaining scaffolding.
Magdrak
 player, 93 posts
Thu 21 Nov 2019
at 06:15
Re: Day 9 - Underground Rescue
Magdrak carefully climbs down the rope to assist his injured companion.  He places his hands on the human, healing him as best he can.  He mutters to himself as he works.  "That ought to do it."



OOC:

Lay Hands on Jak for 10 HP.

Current HP: 17/40
Lay on Hands: 10/20
Channel Divinity: 0/1
Current Spells:
1st: 1/3

Findarion
 player, 167 posts
 High Elf
 Arcane Trickster
Thu 21 Nov 2019
at 17:54
Re: Day 9 - Underground Rescue
"Come on, let's get you out of here." Findarion cracks a smile at his brother, leading him outside first before joining the rest of the group outside.
DM
 GM, 1454 posts
 Dungeon
 Master
Fri 22 Nov 2019
at 02:30
Re: Day 9 - Underground Rescue
Merellien grumbles on the way down the ladder but shows some light concern at the fallen Jak. Wiglaf and even Greaek follow, joining the others on the hillside.


Where do you all want to take the long rest? Anything else you want to do/explore before you do that?

Also, Jak can feel free to post his flying away/departing however he chooses ;)

I should have some time this weekend to catch up on other doings, what happens next, Jak's new character, posting solicitations for new players, etc.

Jakrynn Redgate
 player, 544 posts
 Young Human
 Bardly Rogue
Sat 23 Nov 2019
at 18:06
Re: Day 9 - Underground Rescue
Sharpwind gave a mournful cry, looking down at the Jakrynn. She then looked up and hissed and lunged at everyone to get them to back away from them. She picked up Jak in her claws, and flapped her wings. She gave a screeching cry as she took flight and bore Jak off in to the sky and to the horizon.
Rowan Laren
 player, 2 posts
Wed 4 Dec 2019
at 04:55
Re: Day 9 - Underground Rescue

This message was deleted by the player at 11:43, Thu 05 Dec.

DM
 GM, 1476 posts
 Dungeon
 Master
Wed 11 Dec 2019
at 23:13
Re: Day 9 - Underground Rescue
As the party sets up a camp for the night, a figure wanders into the campfire light from the west. The dwarf introduces himself as Durik, and explains that he is traveling west from Citadel Adbar heading to Neverwinter.  Seeing the campfire, he approached seeking strength in numbers for the night.

Around the campfire the group discusses what they had all been up to over the last several days.