Day 10 - Leavetakings and Arrivals.   Posted by DM.Group: 0
Makari
 player, 117 posts
 AC 16 HP 28/41 PP 16
 Rise up. Break free.
Thu 8 Oct 2020
at 05:22
Re: Day 10 - Leavetakings and Arrivals
Makari let out a loud grunt of pain as he was struck. He had been trying to get away from the water's edge, but hadn't gotten far enough away. He stumbled a step, staggering back away from the creature after Morg's distracting attack. He muttered a quick, "Thank you!" to the dwarf.

He winced but poured a bit of his magic out in a pair of golden rays, uttering the magic phrase "Eldritch Blast!" The rays shot forward, one of which was much better aimed than the other.

08:48, Today: Secret Roll: Makari rolled 23 using 1d20+6 with rolls of 17.  Constitution save.

Reaction: Movement away (15ft) from creature provided by Morg.
Movement: Move up to 30ft back from creatures, if there is room.
Action: Cast Eldritch Blast on the creature that attacked me (Hit AC 14 for 10 and AC 25 for 11).
Bonus Action: Use Healing Light on self (Heal 4 hit points).

23:19, Today: Secret Roll: Makari rolled 14,10 using d20+8,d8+5 with rolls of 6,5.  Eldritch Blast vs Underwater Ahole.
18:04, Today: Secret Roll: Makari rolled 25,11 using d20+8,d8+5 with rolls of 17,6.  2nd Eldritch Blast.
18:08, Today: Secret Roll: Makari rolled 4 using 1d6 with rolls of 4.  Healing Light on self.

This message was last edited by the player at 00:11, Fri 09 Oct 2020.

Morg Danforge
 player, 849 posts
 dwarf,mountain AC16 insp1
 fighter5 BM sw1 as1 4sd8
Thu 8 Oct 2020
at 09:12
Re: Day 10 - Leavetakings and Arrivals
Morg slashes and shouts at the creature next to Makari, distracting it enough to allow Makari to move away.
Move: 5' [south] to be next to G3.

Interaction: take out greatsword.

Action: attack G3 with greatsword - hits AC 15 for 12 (5+4+3) slashing damage.
The maneuvering attack only happens if there's a hit, so if the 1st attack missed, then the maneuvering attack applies to the extra attack if that hits, so I'm adding the 8 damage to the extra attack since that's more likely to hit:
Extra attack: attack G3 with greatsword - hits AC 25 for 19 (5+1+5+8) slashing damage.

Makari, if you succeeded on the DC10 Con save, you can use your reaction if you want to move up to half your speed without provoking opportunity attacks from G3. Since Morg's before Makari in initiative, you might use your Eldritch blasts instead of the club attack, tho you should probably use your d20 roll of 6 as the 1st EB attack roll).

Action surge:
Action: attack G3 with greatsword - hits AC 27 for 12 slashing damage.
Extra attack: attack G3 (or G2 if G3 is down) with greatsword - critical hit for 22 slashing damage.

10:59, Today: Morg Danforge rolled 15 using 1d20+8 with rolls of 7.  Attack G3 with greatsword.
10:59, Today: Morg Danforge rolled 8 using 1d8 with rolls of 8.  Maneuver: maneuvering attack allowing Makari to use his reaction to move.
10:59, Today: Morg Danforge rolled 9 using 2d6+5 with rolls of 2,2.  Slashing damage to G3 from greatsword (reroll a 1 or 2 once).
10:59, Today: Morg Danforge rolled 4 using 1d6 with rolls of 4.  Reroll first 2 with Great weapon fighting fighting style.
11:00, Today: Morg Danforge rolled 3 using 1d6 with rolls of 3.  Reroll second 2 with Great weapon fighting fighting style.
11:00, Today: Morg Danforge rolled 25 using 1d20+8 with rolls of 17.  Extra attack G3 with greatsword.
11:01, Today: Morg Danforge rolled 7 using 2d6+5 with rolls of 1,1.  Slashing damage to G3 from greatsword (reroll a 1 or 2 once).
11:01, Today: Morg Danforge rolled 1 using 1d6 with rolls of 1.  Reroll first 1 with Great weapon fighting fighting style.
11:01, Today: Morg Danforge rolled 5 using 1d6 with rolls of 5.  Reroll second 1 with Great weapon fighting fighting style.

11:28, Today: Morg Danforge rolled 27 using 1d20+8 with rolls of 19.  Action surge: Attack G3 with greatsword.
11:28, Today: Morg Danforge rolled 12 using 2d6+5 with rolls of 3,4.  Slashing damage to G3 from greatsword (reroll a 1 or 2 once).
11:29, Today: Morg Danforge rolled 28 using 1d20+8 with rolls of 20.  Attack G3 (or G2) with greatsword.
11:29, Today: Morg Danforge rolled 22 using 4d6+5 with rolls of 3,2,6,6.  Crit Slashing damage to G3 (or G2) from greatsword (reroll a 1 or 2 once).

This message was last edited by the player at 09:32, Thu 08 Oct 2020.

Durik
 player, 74 posts
 Dwarf Cleric of the Forge
 AC: (18) 19, HP: 37/48
Thu 8 Oct 2020
at 12:08
Re: Day 10 - Leavetakings and Arrivals
Durik is surprised as these creatures emerge from the water as one of them claws at him.

OOC:  Failed my save.  How does a Dwarf fail a CON save...lol

08:02, Today: Secret Roll: Durik rolled 7 using 1d20+2 with rolls of 5.  CON Save DC 10.

DM
 GM, 1683 posts
 Dungeon
 Master
Sat 10 Oct 2020
at 18:38
Re: Day 10 - Leavetakings and Arrivals
Three of the dripping wet creatures fall to their injuries, though the other three continue advancing. Their injuries don't seem to slow them, nor does blood escape from their wounds as it would for living foes.


Map updated!


Everyone is up now. Note that technically Tana's turn occurs before the ghouls. Gorm and Durik have saves to make again (see below).

Summary of Round 2:

Tana casts Agonizing Blast at G1 - HIT for 4 force. G1 is dead. Second blast HITS G5 for 4 force.

Ghouls
G2 moves onto shore and attacks Morg with its claws - MISS.

G3 moves onto shore and attacks Makari with its claws - HIT for 10 slashing. Makari makes Con save.

G4 moves onto shore and attacks Durik with its claws - MISS.

G5 attacks Gorm with its claws - HIT for 6 slashing. Gorm makes Con save.

G6 moves onto shore and attacks Durik with its claws - HIT for 6 slashing. Durik FAILS Con save and is paralyzed for 1 minute (or until he can make the save at the end of subsequent turns).


Durik is paralyzed, but then makes the Con save at the end of his turn and is no longer paralyzed.

Magdrak hangs out.

Morg moves and attacks G3 twice with Maneuvering Attack - HIT twice for 31 slashing. G3 is dead. Morg uses Action Surge to attack G2 - HIT twice (one CRIT) for 34 slashing. G2 is dead.

Makari moves away and casts Agonizing Blast at G6 - HIT twice for 21 force. He uses Healing Light and heals 4 hp .

Gorm attacks G5 HIT twice for 17 damage.


Round 3 So Far:

Ghouls
G4 attacks Durik - HIT for 10 slashing . Durik must make a DC10 Con save or be paralyzed for 1 minute, or save at the end of a subsequent turn.

G5 attacks Gorm - HIT for 7 slashing . Gorm must make a DC10 Con save or be paralyzed for 1 minute, or save at the end of a subsequent turn.

G6 attacks Durik - MISS.

Round 3 Initiative Order:

WhoInitStatus
Tana23Inspiration
Ghouls21 
Durik16Inspiration
Magdrak15Inspiration
Morg13 
Makari12 
Gorm4Inspiration

Morg Danforge
 player, 851 posts
 dwarf,mountain AC16 insp0
 fighter5 BM sw1 as0 3sd8
Sat 10 Oct 2020
at 19:46
Re: Day 10 - Leavetakings and Arrivals
Seeing Durik stunned by the foul creature, Morg looks at the fight in the water and shouts "Get out of the water - these things can stun you which could drown you!

He then runs over to Durik and slashes at more of the wet things.
Move: 15' [ESE] to be next to G6, and 10' more [N] to G4 if G6 is down.

Action: attack G6 (or G4, if G6 is down) with greatsword - hits AC 12 for 13 slashing damage.
Extra attack: attack G6 (or G4, if G6 is down) with greatsword - hits AC 11 for 15 slashing damage.

21:41, Today: Morg Danforge rolled 12 using 1d20+8 with rolls of 4.  Attack G6 (or G4, if G6 is down) with greatsword.
21:41, Today: Morg Danforge rolled 11 using 2d6+5 with rolls of 5,1.  Slashing damage to G6 (or G4, if G6 is down) from greatsword (reroll a 1 or 2 once).
21:41, Today: Morg Danforge rolled 3 using 1d6 with rolls of 3.  Reroll the 1 with Great weapon fighting fighting style.

21:43, Today: Morg Danforge rolled 11 using 1d20+8 with rolls of 3.  Extra attack G6 (or G4, if G6 is down) with greatsword.
21:43, Today: Morg Danforge rolled 15 using 2d6+5 with rolls of 5,5.  Slashing damage to G6 (or G4, if G6 is down) from greatsword (reroll a 1 or 2 once).

Gorm Hareth
 player, 92 posts
Sat 10 Oct 2020
at 22:00
Re: Day 10 - Leavetakings and Arrivals
Frothing the water, and starting to turn it a little red the bear none the less rips into the other grey and rotting humanoid that has been clawing at it, removing large chunks once again from the oddly tough beast, the bear does not make any effort to climb out of the water, instead seems focused on dislodging a piece of rancid flesh from between her teeth.

This message was last edited by the player at 14:56, Sun 11 Oct 2020.

Tana Nim
 player, 84 posts
Sun 11 Oct 2020
at 00:24
Re: Day 10 - Leavetakings and Arrivals
Arcane runes danced about Tana as she hovered high over the battlefield, well outside the range of the creatures lumbering about below.  She had not real interest in getting any closer than that, as it looked like her new companions were having a tough time of it.  She let a shudder pass through her system as she thought about what those claws might do to her, and had one of the Dwarves stopped moving?  She was pretty sure Durik hadn't swung his blade, though not so sure that she would have put coin on it.  Instead, she just gritted her teeth and barked out another curse, sending two more bright streaks of angry power towards the most injured looking foe.
Makari
 player, 118 posts
 AC 16 HP 32/41 PP 16
 Rise up. Break free.
Sun 11 Oct 2020
at 17:25
Re: Day 10 - Leavetakings and Arrivals
Makari saw that Durik was being ganged up kind of bad, first one creature, then another took it's place! He frowned and tried to use the anger that brewed up in him, to release it out of him. He made a gesture, uttered the phrase, and two more bolts of eldritch energy sprang forth and headed towards the water creature.

His other hand came up and a softer, more silver-colored beam came out as well, this one heading for Durik and offering a bit of healing.

Action: Eldritch Blast G6 or one that's still up (AC 24 for 6  and AC 27 for 12)
Bonus Action: Healing Light on Durik to heal  hit points.

11:24, Today: Secret Roll: Makari rolled 24,6,27,12 using d20+8,d8+5,d20+8,d8+5 with rolls of 16,1,19,7.  Eldritch Blasts vs G6 again (or whoever's standing after Morg's done with them).
11:25, Today: Secret Roll: Makari rolled 4 using 1d6 with rolls of 4.  Healing Light on Durik.

Durik
 player, 76 posts
 Dwarf Cleric of the Forge
 AC: (18) 19, HP: 31/48
Mon 12 Oct 2020
at 11:55
Re: Day 10 - Leavetakings and Arrivals
Feeling returning to his limbs Durik raises his hammer at the nearest creature; "The All father smite you returning you to your undeath." The Hammer glows a bright light and then it strikes true on the nearest creature.



OOC:
Cast Searing smite on the hammer.  Hit AC 25 for 3 DMG and 2 Fire DMG

07:51, Today: Secret Roll: Durik rolled 2 using 1d6 with rolls of 2.  Fire dmg.
07:51, Today: Secret Roll: Durik rolled 3 using 1d8+2 with rolls of 1.  dmg.
07:50, Today: Secret Roll: Durik rolled 25 using 1d20+5 with rolls of 20.  attack.
07:47, Today: Durik rolled 11 using 1d20+2 with rolls of 9.  CON Save DC 10.


Think my HPs are right.  Dropped to 27 and then upped them to 31 based upon Makari's post

Magdrak
 player, 147 posts
Mon 12 Oct 2020
at 18:45
Re: Day 10 - Leavetakings and Arrivals
Magdrak is stunned for a moment when the creatures appear from beneath the water.  He shakes it off, and steps forward to attack.  He spits a word at them as if in the form of a curse.  "Undead!"  Moving next to Durik, he swings he axe twice in succession, scoring once.  He channels divine fury into his strike, blasting the ghoul with holy power.



OOC:

Move 5' East (Movement)
Attack G4 x2 (Action)
Hit AC 20 for 11 Slashing
Divine Smite for 13 Radiant
Miss AC 9

14:39, Today: Secret Roll: Magdrak rolled 20 using 1d20+7 with rolls of 13.  Attack with Battleaxe.
14:40, Today: Secret Roll: Magdrak rolled 11 using 1d8+4 with rolls of 7. (Slashing)
14:41, Today: Secret Roll: Magdrak rolled 13 using 3d8 with rolls of 7,5,1.  Divine Smite Damage. (Radiant)
14:40, Today: Secret Roll: Magdrak rolled 9 using 1d20+7 with rolls of 2.


Current HP: 43/51
Current HD: 3/5 (d10)
Lay on Hands: 20/25
Channel Divinity: 1/1
Current Spells:
1st: 2/4
2nd: 0/2
Heavy Armor Master (DR 3/magic)

This message was last edited by the player at 12:00, Thu 15 Oct 2020.

DM
 GM, 1684 posts
 Dungeon
 Master
Tue 13 Oct 2020
at 01:28
Re: Day 10 - Leavetakings and Arrivals
The flying gnome continues to barrage the creatures with blasts of magical power from above. Durik and Gorm take wounds from the raking claws of the ravening creatures, yet the dwarves cut down two of them, one smoldering into a pile of ash.

Makari takes out the last of them, its already-dead form crumpling o the stone floor.

The motion of the water gently rocks the rowboat, loosely caught on the lip of stone, and the lapping water echoes off the damp chamber walls.


And we're out of initiative! Loot thread updated with XP!

Where to now?

Summary of Round 3:

Tana casts Agonizing Blast at G4 - HIT for 5 force.

Ghouls
G4 attacks Durik - HIT for 10 slashing. Durik makes a Con save.

G5 attacks Gorm - HIT for 7 slashing. Gorm makes a Con save.

G6 attacks Durik - MISS.


Durik attacks G4 with Searing Smite - CRIT for 8 bludgeoning & 2 fire (total 10). G4 is on fire and takes 1d6 fire damage at the start of its turn until making a Con save.

Magdrak moves and attacks G4 - HIT for 11 slashing. G4 is dead. (you can retain your Divine Smite if you want).

Morg moves and attacks G6 - HIT for 13 slashing. G6 is dead.

Makari casts Agonizing blast at G5 - HIT for 18 force. G5 is dead. Makari uses Healing Light on Durik - Durik heals 4 hp .


Gorm Hareth
 player, 93 posts
Tue 13 Oct 2020
at 05:04
Re: Day 10 - Leavetakings and Arrivals
Either stunned or just resting after the fight the bear drifts slowly against the side of the river, like the boat, for a few seconds before snapping back into action and quickly paddling back up to where the dock is, once again ducking underwater briefly near the boat.
Morg Danforge
 player, 853 posts
 dwarf,mountain AC16 insp0
 fighter5 BM sw1 as0 3sd8
Tue 13 Oct 2020
at 09:09
Re: Day 10 - Leavetakings and Arrivals
Morg walks over to the bear, and says "Are you all right, uh...", looking at Makari "Does it have a name?" Again at the bear, "If you are, could you swim out ahead and keep a lookout underwater?"

"I don't like murky water, and especially not when there are things in it that can stun you to drown you. I think we should tie ourselves to the boat. And each other. And the oars."

This message was last edited by the player at 08:43, Wed 14 Oct 2020.

Tana Nim
 player, 85 posts
Wed 14 Oct 2020
at 01:19
Re: Day 10 - Leavetakings and Arrivals
Tana dropped a good thirty feet, but stayed well over the boat and the water.  The triplicate of strange ruins that glowed about her held her aloft, orbiting in strange geometries.

"I think I'll stay up here for as long as I can."

She croaked, her voice just barely being heard over the light breeze.  Her right hand still smoked, but the angry red sigil was rapidly fading.

"No sense wasting perfectly good magic."
Morg Danforge
 player, 854 posts
 dwarf,mountain AC16 insp0
 fighter5 BM sw1 as0 3sd8
Wed 14 Oct 2020
at 08:44
Re: Day 10 - Leavetakings and Arrivals
Morg looks up at Tana's crimson burning forearm, "Are you all right? Are you one of them half-angels I've heard of that can light up like a torch and burn themselves and those around them?"
Durik
 player, 77 posts
 Dwarf Cleric of the Forge
 AC: (18) 19, HP: 37/48
Wed 14 Oct 2020
at 22:45
Re: Day 10 - Leavetakings and Arrivals
Feeling completely returning to Durik he stands back up; "My old bones are already aching let alone being paralyzed.  I just need a moment to catch my breath before we continue."  Grabbing his holy symbol he mutters a small prayer; "Moradin renew my strength"



OOC:  18:42, Today: Durik rolled 6 using 1d8+5 with rolls of 1.  Cure.
Tana Nim
 player, 86 posts
Thu 15 Oct 2020
at 01:51
Re: Day 10 - Leavetakings and Arrivals
Tana looked at her own forearm in surprise.

"Oh.  This?"

Her cracked voice sounded, if anything, embarrassed.

"I'm still not used to it, and I won't pretend it doesn't burn like a sonofabitch, but it's mostly cosmetic."

She held up her hand, the smoke fading.

"I mean, it's not.  It's real.  It just... kinda heals itself. Something about the way the energy plays out. You get used to it."

She shrugged, clearly uncomfortable with the attention.

This message was last edited by the player at 01:58, Thu 15 Oct 2020.

Makari
 player, 119 posts
 AC 16 HP 32/41 PP 16
 Rise up. Break free.
Thu 15 Oct 2020
at 04:05
Re: Day 10 - Leavetakings and Arrivals
Makari let out a breath when their adversaries stopped moving. They were disgusting looking! And paralysis? No thank you! He craved freedom, even of movement, far too much for that!!

He glanced at Morg, then at the bear, and back. "Their name is Gorm." He frowned and looked at the bear. "Are you alright? Do you need healing?" He glanced at the everyone else as well. "I only get so many a day, but I still have several healing lights available."

He turned to look at Tana as she spoke about the....runes? sigils? brands?...on her arms. It was curious. She seemed to be something both similar and very different from himself. He wondered where her power came from, but thought it might be rude and inappropriate to discuss at the moment and present company.

He gave the boat a baleful look. "So. We're going back." He shook his head at Morg but didn't take his eyes off the water. "No. Thank you. I want to be able to get away if I have to," he said in regards to being tied off. He knew it wasn't the most logical choice, refusing the rope safety.
Gorm Hareth
 player, 94 posts
Thu 15 Oct 2020
at 18:49
Re: Day 10 - Leavetakings and Arrivals
Clearly a bit wounded the bear does not seem to be missing any important bits, or have suffered any reduction in capability from the fight, easily treading water while the others discuss their options, or until the next wave of underwater creatures detects the scent of blood and comes to investigate.
Morg Danforge
 player, 855 posts
 dwarf,mountain AC16 insp0
 fighter5 BM sw1 as0 3sd8
Fri 16 Oct 2020
at 12:20
Re: Day 10 - Leavetakings and Arrivals
Morg looks at the bear, and after a short pause his face lights up as he says out loud "Gorm - those are excellent sounding letters for a name. Pleased to make your acquaintance."

He starts tying himself and an oar loosely to the boat.
Tana Nim
 player, 87 posts
Sat 17 Oct 2020
at 18:29
Re: Day 10 - Leavetakings and Arrivals
"Tana Nim, of the Second Calling."

The strange gnome whispered, having drifted low enough that she could be heard but not so low that anything could come out of the water and grab her.
Durik
 player, 78 posts
 Dwarf Cleric of the Forge
 AC: (18) 19, HP: 37/48
Sun 18 Oct 2020
at 16:24
Re: Day 10 - Leavetakings and Arrivals
Durik finishes healing himself and then boards the boat and looks for an oar to take up.
DM
 GM, 1685 posts
 Dungeon
 Master
Wed 21 Oct 2020
at 00:04
Re: Day 10 - Leavetakings and Arrivals
The group paddles ahead against the slow current. The light dims behind as the torches recede behind the boat. The contours of the wall abruptly change from the relatively crude construction of the past to a more ancient style favored by dwarves. The age of the stone is also apparent, its rough edges worn by the passage of water over long years.

Ahead, firelight shines from a large cavern. The stream ahead appears to open into a large underground lake.
Morg Danforge
 player, 856 posts
 dwarf,mountain AC16 insp0
 fighter5 BM sw1 as0 3sd8
Wed 21 Oct 2020
at 15:03
Re: Day 10 - Leavetakings and Arrivals
Morg looks at Tana, and tries to mime asking if there's somewhere to moor up ahead near the firelight.
Tana Nim
 player, 88 posts
Thu 22 Oct 2020
at 02:27
Re: Day 10 - Leavetakings and Arrivals
Tana nodded and whispered.

"Give me a moment."

Then she closed her eyes, hovering in place low and over the water.