Day 10 - Leavetakings and Arrivals.   Posted by DM.Group: 0
Makari
 player, 120 posts
 AC 16 HP 32/41 PP 16
 Rise up. Break free.
Thu 22 Oct 2020
at 04:21
Re: Day 10 - Leavetakings and Arrivals
Makari sat at the back of the boat, opposite ends from Tam. Not that he disliked her or was frightened of her or anything like that. He just didn't want to be at the front of the boat in case something happened. He wanted the solid dwarves in the middle with the lighter folk like he and Tam on the ends to balance out - though he was far heavier than she was so it wasn't a true balance.

He glanced over the owl perched on his shoulder. Very quietly he asked, "Would you like me to send Moonclaw up ahead to investigate?"
DM
 GM, 1686 posts
 Dungeon
 Master
Fri 23 Oct 2020
at 21:45
Re: Day 10 - Leavetakings and Arrivals
Tana's eyes remain closed, concentrating.
Tana Nim
 player, 89 posts
Sat 24 Oct 2020
at 03:23
Re: Day 10 - Leavetakings and Arrivals
Tana's eyes snapped open, and she drifted lower.

"There is a small dock within the cavern, and a skiff tied up there.  At least five people are standing next to it on the dock.  Mostly talking.  I say at least five, because there is something in the water.  I don't know what."

She whispered, her voice hoarse.

"I don't know who they are."
Morg Danforge
 player, 857 posts
 dwarf,mountain AC16 insp0
 fighter5 BM sw1 as0 3sd8
Sat 24 Oct 2020
at 09:56
Re: Day 10 - Leavetakings and Arrivals
Morg turns to Makari and says "The river's noise should mask your owl's flying, so more reconnaissance would be good."

After Tana's report he says "Should we row up to them as if we belong here? They'll probably think we're from the keep."
Tana Nim
 player, 90 posts
Sat 24 Oct 2020
at 22:41
Re: Day 10 - Leavetakings and Arrivals
"I doubt the owl will see anything I didn't."

She grumbled, drifting lower still.

"Who do you think they are?  I worry about whatever is in the water if we just row up, but I know of no other way to approach.
Durik
 player, 79 posts
 Dwarf Cleric of the Forge
 AC: (18) 19, HP: 37/48
Sun 25 Oct 2020
at 20:44
Re: Day 10 - Leavetakings and Arrivals
Listing intently then adding; 'Perhaps a three way attack.  Gorm can float ahead in the water-should be able to get there quietly.  Nim can fly in and then as they are distracted the rest of us can arrive by the boat.  Otherwise they will probably hear us before we can get to them."
Makari
 player, 121 posts
 AC 16 HP 32/41 PP 16
 Rise up. Break free.
Mon 26 Oct 2020
at 01:03
Re: Day 10 - Leavetakings and Arrivals
Makari listened to what Tana described intently. He shook his hand and waved a hand regarding still sending his owl. "Tana saw what we needed to see."

He frowned slightly. Then he shrugged. "We could attempt to be stealthy, but a boat is a boat and likely to be seen at some point." He gave a shrug.
Morg Danforge
 player, 858 posts
 dwarf,mountain AC16 insp0
 fighter5 BM sw1 as0 3sd8
Mon 26 Oct 2020
at 09:26
Re: Day 10 - Leavetakings and Arrivals
Morg tries to slow his rowing to prevent the boat from going upstream towards the firelight. Mostly to Makari he whispers "Can you hear what they're talking about thru Moonclaw's ears? They're probably bandits, but they might not be - in which case we shouldn't attack."
Tana Nim
 player, 91 posts
Tue 27 Oct 2020
at 16:29
Re: Day 10 - Leavetakings and Arrivals
Tana made a face at the idea of being the first to go in.

"Perhaps you should row in, and I'll fly in just behind.  If they start shooting at you as you draw near, I can burn them out?"

They had witnessed the devastating power of her called fire when they were at the keep.
Gorm Hareth
 player, 95 posts
Fri 30 Oct 2020
at 01:58
Re: Day 10 - Leavetakings and Arrivals
While those above the water discuss the details of the plan the stealth bear under the water just keeps on swimming, slowly and carefully approaching the dock as if bears were a perfectly normal thing to find swimming in caves, little more than a nose and eyes sticking above the water line.
DM
 GM, 1689 posts
 Dungeon
 Master
Sat 31 Oct 2020
at 19:22
Re: Day 10 - Leavetakings and Arrivals
As the others discuss their plans, Gorm swims into the large cavern, the sound of her movement quiet against the watery echos of the massive space. Ahead she spies a group of figures standing on a stone quay to the right of the flowing water. A small skiff is moored to the quay, and a torch burns in a bronze sconce by the tunnel mouth.

A canal leads to the north beyond the boat, and the lake continues west into darkness.

One of the figures, a leather-clad woman idly spinning a barnacle-encrusted shield on her arm, points into the water. "We expectin' any wildlife Eyon?" she says as she watches the submerged bear approach.


New Map!

This message was last edited by the GM at 19:23, Sat 31 Oct 2020.

Morg Danforge
 player, 860 posts
 dwarf,mountain AC16 insp0
 fighter5 BM sw1 as0 3sd8
Sun 1 Nov 2020
at 20:36
Re: Day 10 - Leavetakings and Arrivals
Morg starts rowing again, trying to look friendly and like he belongs there.
Tana Nim
 player, 94 posts
Mon 2 Nov 2020
at 01:19
Re: Day 10 - Leavetakings and Arrivals
Tana stayed about twenty feet behind the boat, and fifteen fight above the water.  She had no desire to learn what had been bubbling about there, or to be spotted first.
Magdrak
 player, 149 posts
Mon 2 Nov 2020
at 05:26
Re: Day 10 - Leavetakings and Arrivals
Magdrak keeps his hand on his weapon while he sits back in the boat, looking ahead while the others row.  He mutters, hopefully soft enough to only be heard by the others in close proximity.  "Wonder if they will take us for some of the group from the keep?"
Durik
 player, 82 posts
 Dwarf Cleric of the Forge
 AC: (18) 19, HP: 37/48
Mon 2 Nov 2020
at 13:26
Re: Day 10 - Leavetakings and Arrivals
'Perhaps....perhaps.  My gut tells me that this will come down to blows.  It always does...."  Durik mutters half in response to Magdrak and half to himself.  He continue to row as fast as he can to help close the distance.

This message was last edited by the player at 13:27, Mon 02 Nov 2020.

Gorm Hareth
 player, 97 posts
Mon 2 Nov 2020
at 17:46
Re: Day 10 - Leavetakings and Arrivals
Requiring no additional effort to look like a normal bear, tired, wounded, and likely even desperate, Gorm swims directly up to the side of the tiny skiff and attempts to climb into it, getting more than a little water into the unfortunate and now most likely sinking vessel only then does she seem to notice the people, whom she greets with a surprised roar that seems to be more fear than rage, although probably more than enough of either to drive the motivations of a bear.
DM
 GM, 1690 posts
 Dungeon
 Master
Thu 5 Nov 2020
at 22:23
Re: Day 10 - Leavetakings and Arrivals
Several figures on the pull long javelins from their backs, alternately facing the bear and the arriving boat. A leather-clad figure whistles into the lake, then calls the boat, keeping a wary eye on the bear.

"Speak! Where do ye motley crew be comin' from?" Ripples in the lake play out, waves moving through the murky water towards the quay.
Morg Danforge
 player, 865 posts
 dwarf,mountain AC16 insp0
 fighter5 BM sw1 as0 3sd8
Tue 10 Nov 2020
at 23:37
Re: Day 10 - Leavetakings and Arrivals
"From the keep - we're heading down." Morg says, rowing as if the place already belongs to him.
DM
 GM, 1692 posts
 Dungeon
 Master
Wed 11 Nov 2020
at 02:22
Re: Day 10 - Leavetakings and Arrivals
"And where exactly do you think you're going, and for what purpose?" the figure called back, the ripples from the lake approaching closer.



Morg obtains Inspiration for entering the 2nd of 4 underground temple areas!
Morg Danforge
 player, 866 posts
 dwarf,mountain AC16 insp0
 fighter5 BM sw1 as0 3sd8
Wed 11 Nov 2020
at 06:53
Re: Day 10 - Leavetakings and Arrivals
"To Tyar-Besil, to shore up it's defenses."

"I'm Morg, and the bear in the water's with us."
Morg says, steering for the quay.
Makari
 player, 124 posts
 AC 16 HP 32/41 PP 16
 Rise up. Break free.
Wed 18 Nov 2020
at 16:39
Re: Day 10 - Leavetakings and Arrivals
Makari let Morg do the talking for now, since the dwarf seemed to be handling it. The names being tossed out that he wasn't familiar with made him pause but he kept his face schooled as he waited to see how the people would react to Morg's assertion, ready for a fight if needs be.
DM
 GM, 1696 posts
 Dungeon
 Master
Fri 4 Dec 2020
at 02:05
Re: Day 10 - Leavetakings and Arrivals
The waters just in front of the boat explode upward as a large shark bursts from below the surface. "You'll go no further, and you'll drop all your weapons and come to shore," Eyon calls from the landing. "You'll be well taken care of with the other prisoners. Or, ye will all drown."


What next?

Morg Danforge
 player, 867 posts
 dwarf,mountain AC16 insp0
 fighter5 BM sw1 as0 3sd8
Fri 4 Dec 2020
at 08:38
Re: Day 10 - Leavetakings and Arrivals
"Whoa there," Morg says as he holds up one hand and slowly unsheathes his greatsword, and drops it in the rowboat. "There seems to be some kind of misunderstanding - we're coming from the keep."

"Please tell your fish friend we're more tin," knocking on his armor, "than dwarf meat."

He steers for the shore.
Makari
 player, 125 posts
 AC 16 HP 32/41 PP 16
 Rise up. Break free.
Sat 5 Dec 2020
at 05:23
Re: Day 10 - Leavetakings and Arrivals
Makari didn't really carry weapons, aside from his staff. When Morg first started trying to talk to the people on the shore at a distance, Makari had set it down across his lap. When told that they had to drop their weapon in the water, he did not do so. If they wanted to start a fight over it, he would give as good as he got. But he wasn't about to give up his focus in to the gross water full of gross things.
DM
 GM, 1697 posts
 Dungeon
 Master
Sat 5 Dec 2020
at 19:08
Re: Day 10 - Leavetakings and Arrivals
Eyon alternately eyes the boat approaching the shore, escorted by the shark swimming nearby, and the large bear sitting in the other boat.

"And exactly who at the Keep thinks the Temple needs shoring up? She folds her hands curiously in front of her, crossing her forefingers overlapping her thumbs, creating an x-shape linked by a line across the bottom.


Make deception/persuasion/other checks as appropriate! ;)