Day 10 - Leavetakings and Arrivals.   Posted by DM.Group: 0
Makari
 player, 144 posts
 AC 16 HP 32/41 PP 16
 Rise up. Break free.
Sun 21 Feb 2021
at 01:01
Re: Day 10 - Leavetakings and Arrivals
Makari looked over things with a bit of interest. "Hmm. I think..." He frowned slightly and then gave a slow nod. "Interesting. I think this could be a cure of lycanthropy. If we knew of an area where it was prevalent, we could make some good coin."

He began putting things away for the moment. He looked over at Morg and then gave a small shrug. "As good a direction as any. I would prefer to be not on the front lines unless we are trying to sneak."

OOC: I believe Makari came in after the werewolf stuff and I don't remember if he saw anyone 'wolf out' since he joined.
Magdrak
 player, 158 posts
Mon 22 Feb 2021
at 05:37
Re: Day 10 - Leavetakings and Arrivals
Magdrak grunted at Makari's words.  "I guess you were not here.  I would say that lycanthropy is prevalent in this area.  I got it from a wereboar, though the change has not set in on me yet.  And I think the bear got hit too, though it is not exactly talkative about such things.  Nasty curse.  Saw a friend of mine at the fire cultist base that had it.  Poor Wiglaf.

"As for who leads, I do not think it would matter if you put me a dozen paces back.  Not exactly light on my feet, and this armor rattles something awful.  So I suppose I can lead the way."

Morg Danforge
 player, 892 posts
 dwarf,mountain AC16 1insp
 fighter5 BM 1as 1sw 4sd8
Tue 23 Feb 2021
at 15:44
Re: Day 10 - Leavetakings and Arrivals
Morg slaps Magdrak on the shoulder, saying "That sounds right, the dwarves out front, taking back Besilmer!" as he follows the corridor east and then north.
DM
 GM, 1723 posts
 Dungeon
 Master
Sat 27 Feb 2021
at 22:21
Re: Day 10 - Leavetakings and Arrivals
The group turns the corner and faces a hallway running north. The left wall features a door partway up the corridor, and a second door faces them at the extreme northern end. The hallway turns west at that point, beyond the group's line of sight.


Map updated!
Morg Danforge
 player, 893 posts
 dwarf,mountain AC16 1insp
 fighter5 BM 1as 1sw 4sd8
Sat 27 Feb 2021
at 22:33
Re: Day 10 - Leavetakings and Arrivals
Morg waits for Gorm to come into view, and looking at her points to the western door and his ear, making way for the bear to pass if she chooses to.
Makari
 player, 145 posts
 AC 16 HP 32/41 PP 16
 Rise up. Break free.
Sun 28 Feb 2021
at 05:56
Re: Day 10 - Leavetakings and Arrivals
Makari looked down the hallway discreetly. He took note of the turn of the hallway, but more importantly the two doors. He stepped back and spoke quietly. "The fight we had probably ruined any chance of surprise down here but..." He gave a nod towards the hallway. "I think we should check the doors in order as we go to make sure no one comes up behind us later."

He saw Morg trying to motion Gorm to take the lead, and he quickly tried to flatten himself against the wall if he saw the 'bear' moving forward.
Gorm Hareth
 player, 110 posts
Sun 28 Feb 2021
at 06:02
Re: Day 10 - Leavetakings and Arrivals
Although quite a bit bigger than a human, and easily able to dominate even these wide hallways, the bear really isn't a very big version and can quite easily squeeze aside to let others pass.  Gorm doesn't seem any more inclined to lead the group than ever before, content to let those more skilled at doors and stone go ahead.
Morg Danforge
 player, 894 posts
 dwarf,mountain AC16 1insp
 fighter5 BM 1as 1sw 4sd8
Sun 28 Feb 2021
at 06:18
Re: Day 10 - Leavetakings and Arrivals
Morg puts his ear against the western door, listening for any sounds from inside.
08:17, Today: Morg Danforge rolled 22 using 1d20+4 with rolls of 18.  Perception check at western door.
Magdrak
 player, 160 posts
Sun 28 Feb 2021
at 07:54
Re: Day 10 - Leavetakings and Arrivals
While Morg listens at the western door, Magrak posts himself north along the corridor, keeping an eye on the passageway ahead as best he can.
DM
 GM, 1725 posts
 Dungeon
 Master
Tue 2 Mar 2021
at 03:14
Re: Day 10 - Leavetakings and Arrivals
An iron hasp-and-pin arrangement secures the western door. A dark, slit-like window looks into the room beyond, where a number of forms, clearly prisoners, lay in darkness upon straw pallets covered by threadbare blankets.
Morg Danforge
 player, 898 posts
 dwarf,mountain AC16 1insp
 fighter5 BM 1as 1sw 4sd8
Tue 2 Mar 2021
at 07:48
Re: Day 10 - Leavetakings and Arrivals
Morg looks at  Mak and Mag and mimes talking to the prisoners inside, as he moves away from the door while taking out his crowbar.
Makari
 player, 148 posts
 AC 16 HP 32/41 PP 16
 Rise up. Break free.
Wed 3 Mar 2021
at 22:33
Re: Day 10 - Leavetakings and Arrivals
Makari glanced at Morg when he gave a significant look their way. He frowned quizzically then looked at the door. He thought about it and then shrugged, moved to the door.

He peered in to the 'window' slot for a moment, eyes narrowing. Then he spoke through the door, keeping his voice kind of quiet still. "Hello in there! We are going to see about getting you out of there, so please stay calm and sit tight."
Landrin Flint
 player, 6 posts
 Human Wizard
 Researcher
Sat 6 Mar 2021
at 07:21
Re: Day 10 - Leavetakings and Arrivals
Landrin ached all over. His jailers had really worked him over with the bumps and bruises to prove it. It was no surprise when he didnít find any of his gear nearby and was locked in a cell. Well this sucks.He sat up and tried to assess his surroundings. That was when he heard a voice calling out from the door about somebody here to rescue him. He was a little surprised that the Harpers would send someone so soon to retrieve him. There was nothing for him to do sitting there, so he calmly nodded and stood up.
Morg Danforge
 player, 903 posts
 dwarf,mountain AC16 1insp
 fighter5 BM 1as 1sw 4sd8
Sat 6 Mar 2021
at 07:59
Re: Day 10 - Leavetakings and Arrivals
Morg tries to open the door, and if locked and no-one else can open it, he tries to force it open with his crowbar.
09:58, Today: Morg Danforge rolled 18 using 2d20+8, keeping the highest dice only with rolls of 10,3.  Athletics check to try to open the prison door, advantage from crowbar.
DM
 GM, 1726 posts
 Dungeon
 Master
Sun 7 Mar 2021
at 17:21
Re: Day 10 - Leavetakings and Arrivals
Through the window in the door, a half-dozen straw pallets are visible, covered by threadbare blankets spread out on the floor. A cask leans against one wall. Two weary and battered figures dressed only in smallclothes occupy the room.


The door is secured on the outside by a simple iron hasp-and-pin arrangement, which is easy to undo.

Our two new PCs are devoid of armor or weapons for the time being - these were taken from them upon their capture.

Kaabo Roulnar
 player, 6 posts
 Evocation Wizard
Sun 7 Mar 2021
at 18:02
Re: Day 10 - Leavetakings and Arrivals
A gnome of average build with short blond hair and a well trimmed goatee turned to face the opened door. He saw several forms, where he'd hoped to only see one or two. ~These pirates are serious about their prisoners. Escape will not be easy.~ The odds were not in his favor, and without components or a focus, his spell choices for dealing with them were too limited to put up a fight right now.

He stayed in his sitting position, arms looped over his knees, while he waited to see what it was they were going to do to him today.
Makari
 player, 149 posts
 AC 16 HP 32/41 PP 16
 Rise up. Break free.
Mon 8 Mar 2021
at 05:15
Re: Day 10 - Leavetakings and Arrivals
Once Morg had the door open, Makari popped his head in with a friendly smile on his face. "Hello. You are now free to go, courtesy of...well, us. We don't have a group name."

He popped back out and frowned at Morg. "Hmm. I suppose we should come up with a suitable name at some point. I've heard that all adventuring or mercenary companies have one."

He waved a dismissive hand. "I suppose that's neither here nor now."
Morg Danforge
 player, 904 posts
 dwarf,mountain AC16 1insp
 fighter5 BM 1as 1sw 4sd8
Mon 8 Mar 2021
at 06:54
Re: Day 10 - Leavetakings and Arrivals
To the prisoners, Morg says while pointing to the spare shark-toothed longsword "We're not with the cult - we just took these from them."

To Makari he says "How about, The counter cult, uh, -ers. The cult cleaners?"
Kaabo Roulnar
 player, 7 posts
 Evocation Wizard
 AC 11 HP 32/32
Mon 8 Mar 2021
at 15:56
Re: Day 10 - Leavetakings and Arrivals
Kaabo stood up, at that. "Well, I certainly wasn't expecting a rescue party! It's a pleasure to meet...the cleaning crew?"

In better circumstances, he might have been able to come up with a more clever response, but as it was that was the best he had. "You haven't come across items my size, and a nice leatherbound book, have you? I'm going to need my things if I'm going to properly...'thank' the genasi who brought me here."
Morg Danforge
 player, 905 posts
 dwarf,mountain AC16 1insp
 fighter5 BM 1as 1sw 4sd8
Mon 8 Mar 2021
at 16:26
Re: Day 10 - Leavetakings and Arrivals
"I don't remember seeing such a book down here, or upstairs." Morg says.

"Are you talking about Shoalah Quandehil? We've heard that a genasi by that name is in league with Gah Shatterkeel. Do you know where either of them are?"
Kaabo Roulnar
 player, 8 posts
 Evocation Wizard
 AC 11 HP 32/32
Mon 8 Mar 2021
at 16:53
Re: Day 10 - Leavetakings and Arrivals
"I've never heard of Gah, but yes, Shoalah is the one who killed everyone else on my boat and captured me. I was told he had books of ancient Dwarven magic to sell, which is how he lured me into the meeting. He had books, but there was nothing but genealogy in them."
Landrin Flint
 player, 7 posts
 Human Harper
 Gloom Stalker Ranger
Wed 10 Mar 2021
at 18:14
Re: Day 10 - Leavetakings and Arrivals
Landrin rose slowly still carrying some suspicion about these new arrivals. One never knew if they were trying to lure someone into a false sense of security to gain information. He had resisted all their other methods so far. ďMy name is Landrin. Pleased to meet you. As you can see, Iím not much help at the current moment, but if we can find my armor and weapons I can be more of assistance in getting us all out of here. Have you considered the group name, the Unknown?ĒHe walked to the door and waited to be let out.
Gorm Hareth
 player, 112 posts
Wed 10 Mar 2021
at 18:48
Re: Day 10 - Leavetakings and Arrivals
The bear that accompanies the more normal adventurers stays away from the cell, either to avoid the small space full of even smaller creatures, or just to not be subjected to the full might of its aroma.
Magdrak
 player, 161 posts
Thu 11 Mar 2021
at 04:44
Re: Day 10 - Leavetakings and Arrivals
Magdrak turns his head away from his view of the northern passageway, speaking in a low and gruff voice.  "Keep it down, will you?  We do not need the entire garrison coming down on us at the moment."
Makari
 player, 150 posts
 AC 16 HP 32/41 PP 16
 Rise up. Break free.
Thu 11 Mar 2021
at 05:26
Re: Day 10 - Leavetakings and Arrivals
Makari shook his head to both questions of gear that the former prisoners had lost. "Not as of yet, I don't think."

He listened as Morg asked questions about things he wanted to know, most of which meant very little to Makari. At least one of the former prisoners had some answers, though he wasn't sure if that was what Morg was looking for or not.

"I'm Makari Dyerna." he said quietly. He glanced towards Magdrak and shrugged. He hadn't talked loudly. He was suddenly very glad that he'd put Moonclaw away so that it wouldn't have felt the need to let out a hoot just to spite the dwarf.

This message was last edited by the player at 05:26, Thu 11 Mar.