Day 10 - Leavetakings and Arrivals.   Posted by DM.Group: 0
Morg Danforge
 player, 907 posts
 dwarf,mountain AC16 1insp
 fighter5 BM 1as 1sw 4sd8
Thu 11 Mar 2021
at 07:08
Re: Day 10 - Leavetakings and Arrivals
"Well our druid trusts you enough." Morg whispers, and takes out and offers his shield and a shark-toothed longsword to the human, and a dagger (the trophy, not Reznar) to the gnome.
Kaabo Roulnar
 player, 10 posts
 Evocation Wizard
 AC 11 HP 32/32
Thu 11 Mar 2021
at 14:26
Re: Day 10 - Leavetakings and Arrivals
Kaabo took the dagger that was offered. He wasn't much good with weapons, but a blade was always handy. "Thank you. Do you know how many are left? Few or many, that is."

This message was last edited by the player at 14:27, Thu 11 Mar.

Morg Danforge
 player, 908 posts
 dwarf,mountain AC16 1insp
 fighter5 BM 1as 1sw 4sd8
Thu 11 Mar 2021
at 15:16
Re: Day 10 - Leavetakings and Arrivals
"I have no idea how many there are, but in my experience there are usually more cultists that one would reasonably expect." Morg says.

"You can join us for as long as you want, as we retake this dwarven stronghold - and if they didn't throw your possessions in the river you'll probably find them in one of the rooms to the north or west. There's also some worked area to the south, but I'd rather not get into the boat to get there if I don't have to."
Landrin Flint
 player, 8 posts
 Human Harper
 Gloom Stalker Ranger
Thu 11 Mar 2021
at 19:06
Re: Day 10 - Leavetakings and Arrivals
Landrin took the offered sword and shield. It wasn’t his usual accompaniment, but anything was better than nothing, and as the old saying goes ‘beggars can’t be choosers’. He hung towards the back of the group. “I’ll try to guard the rear. If I disappear in the shadows, know that I haven’t left you.”
DM
 GM, 1727 posts
 Dungeon
 Master
Mon 15 Mar 2021
at 01:49
Re: Day 10 - Leavetakings and Arrivals
Muffled sounds from beyond the doorway of the prison cell become audible as the enlarged group arranges itself. Tana and Durik exchange glances, uneasily looking up, plainly feeling the weight of rock above their heads.
Morg Danforge
 player, 909 posts
 dwarf,mountain AC16 1insp
 fighter5 BM 1as 1sw 4sd8
Mon 15 Mar 2021
at 06:11
Re: Day 10 - Leavetakings and Arrivals
"Be ready for trouble, and walk like you own the place." Morg whispers, and then leaves the cell heading north.
Gorm Hareth
 player, 113 posts
Mon 15 Mar 2021
at 07:07
Re: Day 10 - Leavetakings and Arrivals
Following Morg's advice the bear holds its head high and and also follows him literally on the way out of the cell area to the north.
Kaabo Roulnar
 player, 11 posts
 Evocation Wizard
 AC 11 HP 32/32
Mon 15 Mar 2021
at 14:01
Re: Day 10 - Leavetakings and Arrivals
Kaabo fell in line with the others. He had always dismissed the majority of Illusion magic as pointless and ineffective, but this actually seemed like it would have been a fair opportunity to employ such. Not that he had any idea where he was going, which is why Divination was still clearly superior, but when you were left nearly naked and surrounded by your enemies, blending in could potentially be useful. Potentially.
Makari
 player, 151 posts
 AC 16 HP 32/41 PP 16
 Rise up. Break free.
Mon 15 Mar 2021
at 23:18
Re: Day 10 - Leavetakings and Arrivals
Makari eyed the freed prisoners for a moment and then just mentally gave a shrug. He decided he would trust them marginally until they proved themselves, and keep an eye on them until then, just to be safe. He didn't think the cult was that savvy and cunning, to lock up some of their own people in hopes of them getting freed by wandering adventures to later betray them. That sounded like something out of a fanciful bard's tale.

He readied his staff again as he followed Morg and the others.
Landrin Flint
 player, 9 posts
 Human Harper
 Gloom Stalker Ranger
Thu 18 Mar 2021
at 09:25
Re: Day 10 - Leavetakings and Arrivals
Landrin readied himself as he fell in line. “None of you would happen to have an extra bow or something of that sort?”
Morg Danforge
 player, 910 posts
 dwarf,mountain AC16 1insp
 fighter5 BM 1as 1sw 4sd8
Thu 18 Mar 2021
at 09:41
Re: Day 10 - Leavetakings and Arrivals
"I have some string and ball bearings if you want to make a sling." Morg whispers to the human.
Landrin Flint
 player, 10 posts
 Human Harper
 Gloom Stalker Ranger
Thu 18 Mar 2021
at 16:09
Re: Day 10 - Leavetakings and Arrivals
Landrin nods and takes the offered items. He sheathes the sword and slings the shield over his shoulder as he quickly tries to fashion a makeshift sling that would hopefully last long enough until he got his full gear.
DM
 GM, 1729 posts
 Dungeon
 Master
Thu 18 Mar 2021
at 23:51
Re: Day 10 - Leavetakings and Arrivals
The group files out of the prison door, and heads towards the sound of movement to the north. The corridor continues to the west beyond the a stone door, behind which sounds of movement and voices can be heard.


Map updated!
Morg Danforge
 player, 911 posts
 dwarf,mountain AC16 1insp
 fighter5 BM 1as 1sw 4sd8
Fri 19 Mar 2021
at 05:44
Re: Day 10 - Leavetakings and Arrivals
Morg puts his helmeted head against the northern door, trying to hear what's being said inside.

07:42, Today: Morg Danforge rolled 13 using 1d20+4 with rolls of 9.  Perception check for words spoken behind northern door.

Makari
 player, 152 posts
 AC 16 HP 32/41 PP 16
 Rise up. Break free.
Sat 20 Mar 2021
at 02:16
Re: Day 10 - Leavetakings and Arrivals
Makari hesitated, stopping his forward momentum, when they started to hear noises. One eyebrow went up and he watched Morg carefully. He looked at the others and then back at Morg. He mimed a motion of knocking and looked quizzical? Then he mimed flinging the door open and raised his weapon...then looked questioningly to see if they wanted to do either of those things.

20:15, Today: Secret Roll: Makari rolled 18 using 1d20+6 with rolls of 12.  Perception.
DM
 GM, 1730 posts
 Dungeon
 Master
Sun 21 Mar 2021
at 01:20
Re: Day 10 - Leavetakings and Arrivals
"I'm telling you, the whole Keep is wiped out," a passionate female voice from beyond the door says. "If I can just get some reinforcements of loyalists we can run the attackers out and setup our own garrison. Then we challenge Gar's leadership."

"I'm off duty. Let me sleep," another annoyed voice says, muffled by something, perhaps a pillow.
Morg Danforge
 player, 912 posts
 dwarf,mountain AC16 1insp
 fighter5 BM 1as 1sw 4sd8
Sun 21 Mar 2021
at 07:13
Re: Day 10 - Leavetakings and Arrivals
Morg tries to quietly back away from the door, and whispers to the party "They're talking about overthrowing Gah Shatterkeel - I suggest we knock like Mak suggests, and tell them we want Shatterkeel dead also, and that we're just looking for the prisoners' belongings and to go down into the stronghold."

Looking to the newly released prisoners, he whispers "Or do you want revenge on these people?"
09:13, Today: Morg Danforge rolled 21 using 1d20+1 with rolls of 20.  Stealth check to quietly back away from the door.
Kaabo Roulnar
 player, 12 posts
 Evocation Wizard
 AC 11 HP 32/32
Sun 21 Mar 2021
at 14:47
Re: Day 10 - Leavetakings and Arrivals
"I want my things, I don't care about most of the people. Shoalar Quanderil may be a different story."
Landrin Flint
 player, 11 posts
 Human Harper
 Gloom Stalker Ranger
Mon 22 Mar 2021
at 04:02
Re: Day 10 - Leavetakings and Arrivals
Landrin shrugged. “They were only following orders I’m sure. I’m more ready to just get my things and get out of here.”
Makari
 player, 153 posts
 AC 16 HP 32/41 PP 16
 Rise up. Break free.
Mon 22 Mar 2021
at 23:06
Re: Day 10 - Leavetakings and Arrivals
Makari listened and the consensus seemed not to kick the door open and kill everyone. He gave a nod, used his staff to bang on the door twice, then stepped back and to the side of the doorway so he could be seen but had a tough dwarf in front of him.
Gorm Hareth
 player, 114 posts
Tue 23 Mar 2021
at 04:34
Re: Day 10 - Leavetakings and Arrivals
Following the reverse logic the bear backs up until she is out of view from the door but can still see the allies standing on this side of it, and can likely hear any results just fine.
DM
 GM, 1731 posts
 Dungeon
 Master
Thu 25 Mar 2021
at 22:20
Re: Day 10 - Leavetakings and Arrivals
Sounds of bickering continue from inside the room for few more minutes. It's clear that the woman isn't making a great deal of headway making her case. Her arguments start to become fewer and farther between, and the most frequent response to her points is shushing.
Makari
 player, 154 posts
 AC 16 HP 32/41 PP 16
 Rise up. Break free.
Fri 26 Mar 2021
at 03:31
Re: Day 10 - Leavetakings and Arrivals
Makari waited, tensed a bit, staring at the door in anticipation, waiting for it to be opened. And waited. And nothing happened. The door didn't open. The voices kept talking. "What the..."

He looked over at Morg and shrugged. "Do you want to open it for them?"
Morg Danforge
 player, 913 posts
 dwarf,mountain AC16 1insp
 fighter5 BM 1as 1sw 4sd8
Fri 26 Mar 2021
at 07:37
Re: Day 10 - Leavetakings and Arrivals
Morg sheaths his sword and tries to open the door just a bit. If it's unlocked, he'll say thru the opening "We're just here to talk - don't attack."

If it's locked, he'll knock hard on it.
DM
 GM, 1732 posts
 Dungeon
 Master
Sun 28 Mar 2021
at 16:56
Re: Day 10 - Leavetakings and Arrivals
After a silent pause, the door in front of Morg is wrenched open, revealing an old chamber beyond furnished with six plain wooden bunks and sacks of provisions. In the far corner sits a stack of belongings; clothing, backpacks, weapons, and armor that seemingly bear no resemblance to the cultists' usual gear lay in a heap against a rough stone wall. Another stone door is in the western wall.

A woman with pale green skin stands just inside the door in a fury, staring down the group in surprise and anger. Beyond her, the room is filled with cultists in various states of dress, most lounging in their bunks or standing near them. They sit upright in alarm as the door swings open.

"You," she breathes through clenched teeth, staring at Morg and Makari in turn, flitting glances behind at the rest of the group. "Speak quickly or drown in the fury of the Drowned Princess' power."


Map Updated!

Those of you who assaulted the castle above would remember her as the person who abruptly disappeared when you stormed the Keep proper.

Those of you previously imprisoned would recognize your belongings stacked in the far corner.

This message was last edited by the GM at 16:59, Sun 28 Mar.