Day 10 - Leavetakings and Arrivals.   Posted by DM.Group: 0
Kaabo Roulnar
 player, 20 posts
 Evocation Wizard
 AC 14 HP 32/32
Sun 18 Apr 2021
at 18:38
Re: Day 10 - Leavetakings and Arrivals
Kaabo grabbed the pouch that contained his spell components, and left the rest for the time being. He ran out the western exit, hoping to come up behind the cultists and set some of them ablaze. Seeing that he was too late for that and everyone was rushing westward after them, Kaabo pulled a strip of leather from the pouch and flapped it back and forth across the knuckles of his left hand as he spoke a few words imbued with his will to fuel the spell's effect.

cast Mage Armor, move as far as I can getting my stuff and as far as I can off to the west afterward if there's any movement remaining

This message was last edited by the player at 03:35, Fri 23 Apr.

Makari
 player, 167 posts
 AC 16 HP 32/41 PP 16
 Rise up. Break free.
Sun 18 Apr 2021
at 19:17
Re: Day 10 - Leavetakings and Arrivals
Makari watched as the newly-freed former-prisoners start to grab and ready their gear. He smiled slightly and gave a nod to himself. He heard the battle moving farther away from him. He gave a little sigh and hustled around the corner and down the hall a bit so he could lay eyes on one of their enemies...then he performed the same gesture and incantation to let fly two more of his magical force bolts.

OOC: Daaaang, look at those damage rolls!!

Move up to, and then past the corner and in to the hall to see some baddies if possible.

13:14, Today: Secret Roll: Makari rolled 13,15,26,14 using d20+8,d10+5,d20+8,d10+5 with rolls of 5,10,18,9.  Eldritch Blasts vs Priest?

Magdrak
 player, 163 posts
Mon 19 Apr 2021
at 05:48
Re: Day 10 - Leavetakings and Arrivals
Magdrak shakes his head after the momentarily lapse.  He roars a challenge and charges after the fleeing enemies, dashing at the greatest speed that he can manage.



OOC:

Dash (Action)
Move to stairs (50 ft)


Current HP: 43/51
Current HD: 3/5 (d10)
Lay on Hands: 20/25
Channel Divinity: 1/1
Current Spells:
1st: 2/4
2nd: 0/2
Heavy Armor Master (DR 3/magic)

DM
 GM, 1746 posts
 Dungeon
 Master
Sat 24 Apr 2021
at 18:07
Re: Day 10 - Leavetakings and Arrivals
Two more cultists fall to the party's attacks. The remaining Reaver in sight flees further into the cavern.


Map updated!

Everyone is up now, if anyone wants to chase. Technically Makari takes his turn before the Reavers.


Round 4 Summary:

Makari casts Eldritch Blast at Priest - HIT once for 9 force. Priest is dead.

Reavers: One disengages and moves onto the bridge, the other (out of Morg's reach) runs across the bridge and further into the cave.

Morg is paralyzed but passes his save at the end of his turn and is no longer paralyzed.

Landrin collects gear.

Gorm moves to the bridge and attacks the remaining Reaver there - HIT twice for 16 damage. Reaver is dead.

Kaabo collects gear and casts Mage Armor, then leaves the room to the west.

Magdrak runs after the cultists.

Round 5 So Far:

The remaining Reaver flees further into the cavern.


Round 5 Initiative Order:

WhoInitStatus
Makari22 
Reavers20 
Morg18 
Landrin14 
Gorm7 
Kaabo6 
Magdrak5 

Landrin Flint
 player, 22 posts
 Human Harper
 Gloom Stalker Ranger
Sat 24 Apr 2021
at 20:49
Re: Day 10 - Leavetakings and Arrivals
Landrin has his gear finally ready minus his armor and heads up the rear with hand crossbows at the ready.
Kaabo Roulnar
 player, 21 posts
 Evocation Wizard
 AC 14 HP 32/32
Sat 24 Apr 2021
at 21:25
Re: Day 10 - Leavetakings and Arrivals
With the enemies on the move and not in line of sight, Kaabo rushed after them.

Move & Dash to the west
Morg Danforge
 player, 925 posts
 dwarf,mountain AC16 1insp
 fighter5 BM 0as 0sw 0sd8
Sun 25 Apr 2021
at 17:38
Re: Day 10 - Leavetakings and Arrivals
Morg sees one of the cultists run away, and leaves it for the long range folk. He enters the room where they came from, tells the former prisoners in there about the running cultist, and searches around under the bedding and other items.
Move: 25' into room where cultists were.

Action: search room: Perception 5 (passive 14).

19:37, Today: Morg Danforge rolled 5 using 1d20+4 with rolls of 1.  Perception check, searching room 7.

This message was last edited by the player at 17:39, Sun 25 Apr.

Gorm Hareth
 player, 118 posts
Sun 25 Apr 2021
at 18:04
Re: Day 10 - Leavetakings and Arrivals
Both decent in a chase and mostly useless with prisoners the bear launches herself after the fleeing raider, faster than most humans can run but also big and not quite as agile.
Makari
 player, 171 posts
 AC 16 HP 32/41 PP 16
 Rise up. Break free.
Tue 27 Apr 2021
at 02:27
Re: Day 10 - Leavetakings and Arrivals
Makari stepped forward and began looking this way and that for any more of the enemies - but none were in sight. Some of his allies were clearly in the thought of giving chase and he glanced at them, "Leave no reaver unturned, eh? What if they lead us in to a trap?"

He moved forward after them, however, despite his words.

OOC: Move and Dash I guess.
DM
 GM, 1748 posts
 Dungeon
 Master
Wed 28 Apr 2021
at 01:22
Re: Day 10 - Leavetakings and Arrivals
The bear lumbers her way across the bridge, awkwardly shouldering past the other members of the party, trying to catch up with the remaining Reaver. most of the rest of the group follows her, though Morg stays behind to begin searching the room.

The dwarf finds regular belongings scattered across the floor, illuminated by smoking sconces on the walls. Dice scattered across the floor and other belongings make the room difficult to pick through, and it's clear it will take some time to perform a thorough search.

As the bear and the others make their way across the bridge, more of this part of the cavern becomes visible. A stout closed door sits in the wall just over the bridge, and the ruins of a room to the southwest of the bridge ends in a door on the far side. A 30 foot corridor leads west between them, leading to a well-lit courtyard where stands what looks like a fountain from this distance.


Map updated!

Everyone is up now.


Round 5 Summary:

Makari double moves.

The remaining Reaver flees further into the cavern.

Morg moves into the cultists' barracks and begins searching.

Landrin leaves the room and follows the group outside.

Gorm double moves across the bridge in pursuit of the remaining Reaver.

Kaabo leaves the room and follows the group outside.

Magdrak is on the bridge.


Round 6 Initiative Order:

WhoInitStatus
Makari22 
Reavers20 
Morg18Inspiration
Landrin14 
Gorm7Inspiration
Kaabo6Mage Armor
Magdrak5Inspiration

Morg Danforge
 player, 926 posts
 dwarf,mountain AC16 1insp
 fighter5 BM 0as 0sw 0sd8
Wed 28 Apr 2021
at 07:49
Re: Day 10 - Leavetakings and Arrivals
Morg adds the cultists dice to his knucklebone dice, and leaves the room heading to the rest of the party.

"Can everyone see in the dark?" he asks, and keeps an eye out for anything indicating a mechanism for a trap on the bridge.
Interaction: take and stow dice.

Move: 25' to party.

Look: 23 Perception check for traps.

Action: Dash 25' to party (unless the Perception check is considered a search which is an action).

09:46, Today: Morg Danforge rolled 23 using 1d20+4 with rolls of 19.  Perception check for bridge trap.

This message was last edited by the player at 07:51, Wed 28 Apr.

Landrin Flint
 player, 23 posts
 Human Harper
 Gloom Stalker Ranger
Wed 28 Apr 2021
at 17:40
Re: Day 10 - Leavetakings and Arrivals
Landrin nodded. I can see in the dark and prefer to hide in the shadows.He made sure to take aim across the other side of the bridge in case there were any hidden attackers.
Makari
 player, 172 posts
 AC 16 HP 32/41 PP 16
 Rise up. Break free.
Thu 29 Apr 2021
at 02:02
Re: Day 10 - Leavetakings and Arrivals
Makari headed a bit farther across the way but then slowed down. It looked like there were doors and rooms ahead and he didn't want to get caught ahead of those that preferred to be in close combat range.

He looked around slowly for any hints of danger.
Gorm Hareth
 player, 119 posts
Fri 30 Apr 2021
at 04:43
Re: Day 10 - Leavetakings and Arrivals
Although not carrying a torch the bear seems reasonably comfortable wandering into the dark sniffing at the ground, although she does slow down considerably from the lunging charge used in brightly lit combat situations.
Kaabo Roulnar
 player, 22 posts
 Evocation Wizard
 AC 14 HP 32/32
Fri 30 Apr 2021
at 05:02
Re: Day 10 - Leavetakings and Arrivals
Kaabo follows along as best his little legs can. His gnome eyes could handle darkness if they needed to.

move & dash, but don't get in front of the bear
Magdrak
 player, 165 posts
Fri 30 Apr 2021
at 06:27
Re: Day 10 - Leavetakings and Arrivals
Magdrak continues to dash after the enemies, now following the bear as it passes him by.  He grumbles to himself.  "Darned thing is fast, too fast for short legs."



OOC:

Dash (Action)
Move off stairs (50 ft)


Current HP: 43/51
Current HD: 3/5 (d10)
Lay on Hands: 20/25
Channel Divinity: 1/1
Current Spells:
1st: 2/4
2nd: 0/2
Heavy Armor Master (DR 3/magic)

DM
 GM, 1749 posts
 Dungeon
 Master
Fri 30 Apr 2021
at 22:06
Re: Day 10 - Leavetakings and Arrivals
The group moves more cautiously across the bridge, approaching the brightly lit square room ahead. An ancient fountain shaped like three dancing merfolk stands in the middle of the court, illuminated by torches set in bronze wall sconces as in the rest of the lighted areas of the cavern. The fountain looks dry from a distance, and the sculpture has been badly damaged - two of the merfolk are missing their arms, and the third is missing her head.

Hallways lead north and south. A glimmer of torchlight comes from the north, and only darkness is visible to the south.

A door to the northwest is covered with painted glyphs and images with aquatic motifs, marred by long scratches that obscure their meaning.


Map updated!

Since we seem to be pretty much out of initiative for the time being, we can revert to standard 'exploring mode'.

Round 6 Summary:

Makari moves across the bridge and looks around.

Morg grabs some dice, leaves the room, and double-moves onto the bridge.

Landrin stays on the near side of the bridge.

Gorm moves slowly forward towards the fountain, sniffing the ground.

Kaabo double moves after the bear.

Magdrak double moves after the bear.

Gorm Hareth
 player, 120 posts
Fri 30 Apr 2021
at 23:47
Re: Day 10 - Leavetakings and Arrivals
Still advancing slowly, clearly tracking a number of different scents some of which may be less than appetizing, the bear turns south and wanders into the darkened hallway rather than bother with the door or follow the light away from whatever trail she has found.
Makari
 player, 173 posts
 AC 16 HP 32/41 PP 16
 Rise up. Break free.
Sat 1 May 2021
at 00:43
Re: Day 10 - Leavetakings and Arrivals
Makari wrinkled his nose a bit and looked back and forth. "Do you...?" He shook his head. "Do you smell that?" He seemed to be sniffing and trying to figure out how to put it in to words. "Something musty...but then something just...terrible...near the door up there..." He gave a sharp nod towards the door to the north.
Morg Danforge
 player, 927 posts
 dwarf,mountain AC16 1insp
 fighter5 BM 0as 0sw 0sd8
Sun 2 May 2021
at 10:22
Re: Day 10 - Leavetakings and Arrivals
Morg continues west, trying to snuff any light sources he can.
Landrin Flint
 player, 24 posts
 Human Harper
 Gloom Stalker Ranger
Mon 3 May 2021
at 09:11
Re: Day 10 - Leavetakings and Arrivals
Landrin does his best to stick to the shadows and covers their flank.
Kaabo Roulnar
 player, 23 posts
 Evocation Wizard
 AC 14 HP 32/32
Mon 3 May 2021
at 14:38
Re: Day 10 - Leavetakings and Arrivals
Kaabo continued to follow the others, staying near the middle of the pack.
DM
 GM, 1750 posts
 Dungeon
 Master
Wed 5 May 2021
at 19:14
Re: Day 10 - Leavetakings and Arrivals
The bear continues into the passageway leading south. The trail of the reaver seems to continue to west at the forked passageway ahead.

Faint sounds of muffled activity can be heard from the north passageway as the rest of the group approaches the fountain square.
Morg Danforge
 player, 928 posts
 dwarf,mountain AC16 1insp
 fighter5 BM 0as 0sw 0sd8
Wed 5 May 2021
at 21:05
Re: Day 10 - Leavetakings and Arrivals
Morg follows Gorm, continuing to get rid of any light sources.
Makari
 player, 174 posts
 AC 16 HP 32/41 PP 16
 Rise up. Break free.
Wed 5 May 2021
at 22:11
Re: Day 10 - Leavetakings and Arrivals
Makari heading after the group, but paused and looked northward, once he was close enough, since there sounds coming from there. He kept a wary eye, and ear, that way as he continued to follow along with the group.

He certainly wasn't keen on facing enemies by himself. "I hear something coming from that way as well," he indicated northwards. "Should we leave that to our backs and continue on after our foe?"