Day 10 - Leavetakings and Arrivals.   Posted by DM.Group: 0
Gorm Hareth
 player, 129 posts
Fri 9 Jul 2021
at 22:45
Re: Day 10 - Leavetakings and Arrivals
While not quite stuck to the troll problem Gorm doesn't respond to the lizard ambush very quickly, when they do get there the bear responds to being poked as bears do, with tooth and claw.
Morg Danforge
 player, 951 posts
 dwarf,mountain AC16 1insp
 fighter5 BM 0as 1sw 2?sd8
Sat 10 Jul 2021
at 17:16
Re: Day 10 - Leavetakings and Arrivals
"The dwarves are back!" Morg shouts, runs towards the bigger creature and slashes 4 times.
Round 2:
Move: 10' E, or towards a lizardfolk if larger creature is dead.

Action: Attack larger creature (or other living lizardfolk) with greatsword - hits AC 10 (probably misses because of shields).
Extra attack: attack larger creature (or other living lizardfolk) with greatsword - hits AC 22 for 13 slashing damage.
Menacing attack: target must make a WIS save vs a DC 16 or be frightened (disadv. on ability checks and attack rolls while I'm in Morg's line of sight, and they can't willingly move closer to him) until the end of Morg's next turn.

If there are still enemies within movement melee range, then:
Action surge: Attack larger creature (or other living lizardfolk) with greatsword - hits AC 27 for 16 slashing damage if already frightened. If not frightened, then menacing attack: +1 slashing damage and target must make a WIS save vs a DC 16 or be frightened.
Extra attack for action surge attack: Attack larger creature (or other living lizardfolk) with greatsword - hits AC 27 for 12 slashing damage if already frightened. If not frightened, then menacing attack: +8 slashing damage and target must make a WIS save vs a DC 16 or be frightened.

18:52, Today: Morg Danforge rolled 10 using 1d20+8 with rolls of 2.  Attack LT or other L with greatsword.
18:53, Today: Morg Danforge rolled 22 using 1d20+8 with rolls of 14.  Extra attack LT or other L with greatsword.
18:53, Today: Morg Danforge rolled 7 using 2d6+5 with rolls of 1,1.  Slashing damage to LT or other L from greatsword (reroll a 1 or 2 once).
18:53, Today: Morg Danforge rolled 4 using 1d6 with rolls of 4.  Reroll first 1 with Great weapon fighting fighting style.
18:53, Today: Morg Danforge rolled 2 using 1d6 with rolls of 2.  Reroll second 1 with Great weapon fighting fighting style.
18:54, Today: Morg Danforge rolled 2 using 1d8 with rolls of 2.  Maneuver: menacing attack on LT/L (WIS save vs DC 16) or be frightened until end of M's next turn.

19:00, Today: Morg Danforge rolled 27 using 1d20+8 with rolls of 19.  Action surge attack LT/L with greatsword.
19:00, Today: Morg Danforge rolled 9 using 2d6+5 with rolls of 2,2.  Slashing damage to LT/L from greatsword (reroll a 1 or 2 once).
19:01, Today: Morg Danforge rolled 5 using 1d6 with rolls of 5.  Reroll first 2 with Great weapon fighting fighting style.
19:01, Today: Morg Danforge rolled 6 using 1d6 with rolls of 6.  Reroll second 2 with Great weapon fighting fighting style.
19:02, Today: Morg Danforge rolled 1 using 1d8 with rolls of 1.  If enemy is not freigntened, then maneuver: menacing attack on LT/L.
19:07, Today: Morg Danforge rolled 27 using 1d20+8 with rolls of 19.  Action surge extra attack LT/L with greatsword.
19:07, Today: Morg Danforge rolled 12 using 2d6+5 with rolls of 1,6.  Slashing damage to LT/L from greatsword (reroll a 1 or 2 once).
19:07, Today: Morg Danforge rolled 1 using 1d6 with rolls of 1.  Reroll the 1 with Great weapon fighting fighting style.
19:08, Today: Morg Danforge rolled 8 using 1d8 with rolls of 8.  If enemy is not freigntened, then maneuver: menacing attack on LT/L.

Edit: fix frightened duration, +shout.

This message was last edited by the player at 17:25, Sat 10 July.

Kaabo Roulnar
 player, 41 posts
 Evocation Wizard
 AC 14 HP 32/32
Sat 10 Jul 2021
at 17:29
Re: Day 10 - Leavetakings and Arrivals
Kaabo produced a chip of mica from his component pouch as he spoke words and made signs and gestures to manipulate the weave into producing a cacophonous boom in the midst of the enemies swarming into the room.

Action: cast Shatter, centered to hit as many of them as possible
Result: Con 15 vs 14 damage (1/2 on success)
Special: Sculpt Spell feature lets me make pockets of safety for up to 3 allies so they take no damage (me, Gorm, Morg if needed)

12:24, Today: Kaabo Roulnar rolled 14 using 3d8.  Shatter: Con 15 for half.

Makari
 player, 193 posts
 AC 16 HP 32/41 PP 16
 Rise up. Break free.
Sat 10 Jul 2021
at 17:43
Re: Day 10 - Leavetakings and Arrivals
Makari could hear the sounds of combat, though the trolls didn't seem to be involved. He looked around and behind him, just to be safe, but then began to hurry up and hustle up the hall to come around and see if he could catch sight of what was going on.

Move and Dash action, moving 60 feet north and east to lay eyes on at least part of the battle happening - should put Makari just at the edge of the 'hallway' up north so he can see Morg and a couple of baddies at least.
DM
 GM, 1777 posts
 Dungeon
 Master
Thu 15 Jul 2021
at 02:25
Re: Day 10 - Leavetakings and Arrivals
With a cry, the larger leader is cut down by Morg's vicious onslaught, just as the loud crack of thunder reverberates around the decaying walls. Two of the lizardfolk immediately bolt towards the courtyard as the leader falls. One cries out, [Language unknown:  "Haitse ure allconnte Tinarestithi!"]

The remaining lizardfolk set upon Kaabo and Gorm, cornering them against the door to the trolls' room.




Map updated! Everyone is up now, including Morg for his Round 3 turn.


Round 1 Summary:

Morg readies an action

Trolls continue making noise.

Lizardfolk rush in. Morg's action is triggered and he attacks L1 with Menacing Attack - HIT for 23 slashing. L1 is dead.

L2 attacks Morg with bite and spiked shield - CRITS once for 6 piercing.
L3 attacks Gorm with bite and spiked shield - HITS once for 8 piercing.
L4 attacks Kaabo with bite and spiked shield - MISS.
L5 attacks Gorm with javelin - HIT for 5 piercing
L6 attacks Kaabo with javelin - MISS.
L7 attacks Morg with javelin - MISS.
LT attacks Morg with javelin - MISS.

Landrin does nothing.

Magdrak does nothing.

Gorm attacks L3 - HIT once for 11 slashing.

Makari double-moves

Kaabo casts Shatter, affecting L2-7 - L3 and L7 SAVE and take 7 thunder; others take 14.

Round 2 So Far:

Morg moves toward the leader and attacks twice with Menacing Attack - HIT for 13 slashing. Leader FAILS Wis save and is frightened (disadv. on ability checks and attack rolls while I'm in Morg's line of sight, and they can't willingly move closer to him). Morg attacks larger creature again - HIT twice for 28 slashing. Leader is dead.

Trolls continue making noise.

Lizardfolk:
L2 disengages and moves west.
L3 attacks Gorm with club and shield - HITS with club for 3 bludgeoning
L4 attacks Kaabo with club and shield - HITS with club & shield for 9 total.
L5 attacks Gorm with club and shield - HITS with club for 5 bludgeoning
L6 attacks Kaabo with club and shield - HITS with club & shield for 16 total
L7 disengages and moves west.


Round 2 Initiative Order:

WhoInitStatus
Morg20 
Trolls20 
Lizardfolk20 
Landrin15 
Magdrak9 
Gorm6 
Makari5Shillelagh ends after Round 5
Kaabo2Mage Armor


This message was last edited by the GM at 02:23, Sat 17 July.

Kaabo Roulnar
 player, 42 posts
 Evocation Wizard
 AC 14 HP 32/32
Thu 15 Jul 2021
at 02:36
Re: Day 10 - Leavetakings and Arrivals
Kaabo shifted into a swirling cloud of elemental energies, flew through the air, and reformed into the gnome some thirty feet to the east. As he formed, a bolt of flames shot out toward the creatures assaulting the bear before he scurried up the stairs behind him.

Bonus: cast Misty Step, move 30 feet east
Action: cast Fire Bolt, hit AC 22 for 14 Fire damage (any target in there with Gorm
Move: move up the stairs on the bridge where I still have line of sight to Gorm

21:33, Today: Kaabo Roulnar rolled 22,14 using d20+7,2d10.  Attack w/ Fire Bolt.

Gorm Hareth
 player, 130 posts
Thu 15 Jul 2021
at 03:10
Re: Day 10 - Leavetakings and Arrivals
Wounds fade away, and the last of the blood dripping from her fur falls to the floor leaving it clean for a moment before Gorm once again covers herself in the blood of lizards, clawing and biting away at the same one that has been trading blows with her so far.
Morg Danforge
 player, 952 posts
 dwarf,mountain AC16 1insp
 fighter5 BM 0as 1sw 2sd8
Thu 15 Jul 2021
at 17:11
Re: Day 10 - Leavetakings and Arrivals
Morg sees the gnome battered and then teleport away. He runs to the nearest lizard and shouts "Nice shields. They call me shield-breaker!" as he slashes away.
Round 3:
Move: 25' towards the largest nearest living hostile (SW or W depending on where there are more lizards per PC, SW on a tie).

Action: Attack largest nearest hostile with greatsword - hits AC 10 (probably misses because they have shields).
Extra attack: Attack largest nearest hostile with greatsword - critical failure.

18:55, Today: Morg Danforge rolled 10 using 1d20+8 with rolls of 2.  Attack largest nearest hostile with greatsword.
18:55, Today: Morg Danforge rolled 9 using 1d20+8 with rolls of 1.  Attack largest nearest hostile with greatsword.

Makari
 player, 194 posts
 AC 16 HP 32/41 PP 16
 Rise up. Break free.
Fri 16 Jul 2021
at 05:52
Re: Day 10 - Leavetakings and Arrivals
Makari suddenly found himself close to being in an uncomfortable position - just outside of close striking range of two of the reptilian creatures! He grimaced, and stepped back from the two creatures.

He pointed his staff at the one that had come the closest to him and unleashed two bolts of golden fire at the nearest one. As he moved away from them, he called towards his two allies to the south, "Hey, there are some reptilian fellows up here coming this way maybe." to try and get them to at least make sure he didn't get killed.

Movement: Southwest 1sq, then West 2sq, then SW again 2sq (assuming not in melee).
Action: Eldritch Blast the closest one (AC 20 for 11 force and the nat 20 for 17 force).

23:48, Today: Secret Roll: Makari rolled 20,11,28,11 using d20+8,d10+5,d20+8,d10+5 with rolls of 12,6,20,6.  Eldritch Blast (assuming not in melee).

Landrin Flint
 player, 41 posts
 Human Harper
 Gloom Stalker Ranger
Fri 16 Jul 2021
at 07:18
Re: Day 10 - Leavetakings and Arrivals
Landrin took a moment to realize the sounds of battle were coming from around the corner. He ran around and backed up against the wall in the room to the north opposite from where the Lizardfolk were. He raised his hand crossbows and whispered a spell causing a crosshair to appear on the chest of the second nearest Lizardfolk coming after Makari. A flurry of bolts flew true being pulled towards the center of the magical crosshairs.

02:12, Today: Landrin Flint rolled 7 using 1d8 with rolls of 7.  Damage 3 bonus d8.
02:11, Today: Landrin Flint rolled 9 using 2d6+4 with rolls of 2,3.  Damage 3.
02:11, Today: Landrin Flint rolled 10 using 2d6+4 with rolls of 1,5.  Damage 2.
02:11, Today: Landrin Flint rolled 11 using 2d6+4 with rolls of 4,3.  Damage 1.
02:11, Today: Landrin Flint rolled 26 using 1d20+8 with rolls of 18.  Attack 3 on lizardfolk.
02:10, Today: Landrin Flint rolled 26 using 1d20+8 with rolls of 18.  Attack 2 on lizardfolk.
02:09, Today: Secret Roll: Landrin Flint rolled 22 using 1d20+8 with rolls of 14.  Attack 1 on lizardfolk.

OOC:
Move: move north into room
Bonus: cast Hunters Mark on second closest Lizardfolk
Action: attack, extra attack, Dread Ambusher extra attack/all 3 hit for a total of 37 damage

DM
 GM, 1778 posts
 Dungeon
 Master
Sun 18 Jul 2021
at 18:26
Re: Day 10 - Leavetakings and Arrivals
As Landrin rounds the corner, the loud noise from the trolls and the fighting seems to have aroused some attention from the room to the north. He quickly picks off the two lizardfolk in view, leaving no targets for Makari.

Meanwhile, the bear mauls two of the lizardfolk outside the trolls' hovel, and Kaabo burns a third to a crisp. The remaining lizardfolk sneers at Morg as he charges, and dodges out of the way of his blade. The reptile smashes his club into the side of Morg's head, then shoves him with his spiked shield. It opens its long mouth hisses at the dwarf, spittle splattering Morg's beard, a long forked tongue flapping mere inches from his eyes.




Map updated! Everyone is up now, including Morg for his next round turn (if initiative lasts that long).

Round 2 Summary:

Morg moves toward the leader and attacks twice with Menacing Attack - HIT for 13 slashing. Leader FAILS Wis save and is frightened (disadv. on ability checks and attack rolls while I'm in Morg's line of sight, and they can't willingly move closer to him). Morg attacks larger creature again - HIT twice for 28 slashing. Leader is dead.

Trolls continue making noise.

Lizardfolk:
L2 disengages and moves west.
L3 attacks Gorm with club and shield - HITS with club for 3 bludgeoning
L4 attacks Kaabo with club and shield - HITS with club & shield for 9 total.
L5 attacks Gorm with club and shield - HITS with club for 5 bludgeoning
L6 attacks Kaabo with club and shield - HITS with club & shield for 16 total
L7 disengages and moves west.

Landrin moves north and casts Hunter's Mark on L7. He attacks L7 with hand crossbow - HIT twice for 19 piercing. L7 is dead. He attacks L2 with hand crossbow - HIT for 15 piercing. L2 is dead.

Magdrak hangs out.

Gorm Wild Shapes into brown bear. She attacks L3 with bite - HIT for 11 piercing. L3 is dead. She attacks L5 with claws - HIT for 11 slashing.  L5 is dead.

Makari has no visible targets.

Kaabo casts Misty Step and reappears 30' east. He casts Fire Bolt at L4 - HIT for 14 fire. L4 is dead.

Round 3 So Far:

Morg moves towards the remaining lizardfolk and attacks - MISS.

Trolls continue making noise.

Lizardfolk L6 attacks Morg - HITS with shield and club for a total of 14 damage.


Round 3 Initiative Order:

WhoInitStatus
Morg20 
Trolls20 
Lizardfolk20 
Landrin15Conc: Hunter's Mark (L7)
Magdrak9 
Gorm6 
Makari5Shillelagh ends after Round 5
Kaabo2Mage Armor


Morg Danforge
 player, 956 posts
 dwarf,mountain AC16 1insp
 fighter5 BM 0as 1sw 2sd8
Sun 18 Jul 2021
at 19:24
Re: Day 10 - Leavetakings and Arrivals
"Ouch..." Morg says, extricating himself from the spiky shield, and with his shoulder wipes away the spit as he takes a breath.
Round 4:
Bonus: second wind to heal 12 HP.

Morg will prioritize fighting seen living hostiles,
 and if there are none, and he hears fighting from the troll room, then he'll go there and fight,
  and if not then, and he hears fighting from the direction of the merfolk fountain, he'll go fight or dash there.

Action: Attack hostile with greatsword - hits AC 10 for 15 slashing damage.
Extra attack: Attack hostile with greatsword - hits AC 25 for 12 slashing damage.

21:06, Today: Morg Danforge rolled 12 using 1d10+5 with rolls of 7.  HP recovered from second wind.
21:19, Today: Morg Danforge rolled 10 using 1d20+8 with rolls of 2.  Attack hostile with greatsword.
21:19, Today: Morg Danforge rolled 15 using 2d6+5 with rolls of 5,5.  Slashing damage to hostile from greatsword (may reroll 1s and 2s).
21:19, Today: Morg Danforge rolled 25 using 1d20+8 with rolls of 17.  Attack hostile with greatsword.
21:19, Today: Morg Danforge rolled 12 using 2d6+5 with rolls of 6,1.  Slashing damage to hostile from greatsword (may reroll 1s and 2s).
21:19, Today: Morg Danforge rolled 1 using 1d6 with rolls of 1.  Reroll the 1 with Great weapon fighting fighting style.

Kaabo Roulnar
 player, 44 posts
 Evocation Wizard
 AC 14 HP 7/32
Sun 18 Jul 2021
at 19:53
Re: Day 10 - Leavetakings and Arrivals
OOC: Am I able to use shield on either of those hits? No worries if not, I'll start listing contingency reactions.

Kaabo catches his breath after that beating. Seeing the lizardfolk going down, he tries to minimize what more they can do through a chilling blast.

Action: cast Frost Bite for 8 Cold and Disadvantage on their next attack roll
Move: duck behind the corner for line of sight, just because

14:50, Today: Kaabo Roulnar rolled 8 using 2d6.  Frost Bite, Con 15 negates.

DM
 GM, 1781 posts
 Dungeon
 Master
Thu 22 Jul 2021
at 01:36
Re: Day 10 - Leavetakings and Arrivals
Morg cuts down the remaining lizardfolk.

Several moments later, the trolls realize there is no one in view or interacting with them, and one of them approaches the stone door to the north, rotating it closed.


We are out of initiative, at least for the moment.

Total XP gained: 800. Loot thread updated with more detail.

Where to now?

Morg Danforge
 player, 957 posts
 dwarf,mountain AC16 1insp
 fighter5 BM 0as 1sw 2sd8
Thu 22 Jul 2021
at 08:49
Re: Day 10 - Leavetakings and Arrivals
Morg looks at the lizardfolks' weapons, shields, other possessions.
If he hears something from the rest of the party, he'll stop looking and move towards where they are.

10:49, Today: Morg Danforge rolled 1 using 1d20 with rolls of 1.  Investigate check for loot: lizardfolks and their leader.

Landrin Flint
 player, 42 posts
 Human Harper
 Gloom Stalker Ranger
Thu 22 Jul 2021
at 10:14
Re: Day 10 - Leavetakings and Arrivals
Landrin keeps watch for any other surprises that come their way while the rest loot the Lizardfolk.
DM
 GM, 1782 posts
 Dungeon
 Master
Thu 22 Jul 2021
at 22:06
Re: Day 10 - Leavetakings and Arrivals
Morg finds a couple handfuls of loose coins tied in a rotting pouch around the large lizardfolk's waist, but otherwise finds nothing of value on the dead combatants.

As Morg is rooting through the lizardfolk bodies, the stone door on the northwest corner of the courtyard rotates open slowly. A small figure pokes its head out, covered in a thick and ratty cowl. It addresses Landrin and Makari.

"Well now you've gone and done it," the figure croaks in a high pitched voice, seeming to stifle a cough as it continues. "The whole Temple is likely to come down upon your pretty little ears now, waking them up in the dead of night and all." The figure lifts a frail and wrinkled hand beneath the cowl before making a raspy cough.

"I suppose it's best to invite you inside. Wouldn't do to let the cultists murder all my guests now would it? She coughs again, then extends a bony finger towards her audience, beckoning. "They won't bother no one in with old Thuluna, no they won't. Not too big a favor to invite you in, even in the middle of the night. Not much time though, so come in if you're comin'."


Map updated!

Morg collects 30gp. Loot thread updated!

Makari
 player, 195 posts
 AC 16 HP 32/41 PP 16
 Rise up. Break free.
Fri 23 Jul 2021
at 01:16
Re: Day 10 - Leavetakings and Arrivals
Makari looked a little surprised when another creature appeared - and didn't appear to be hostile like most creatures they had encountered thus far. He listened to what the creature had to say, then turned his head to call down the hall towards Morg and the others, though not yelling loudly.

"Teammates! We have someone welcoming us in to a room. Come on!"

But he made no move to enter until the party had gathered.
Gorm Hareth
 player, 133 posts
Fri 23 Jul 2021
at 01:46
Re: Day 10 - Leavetakings and Arrivals
Although still covered in both bear and lizard blood the bear underneath finishes the fight largely unharmed, that does not stop her from casting a suspicious look in the direction of the welcoming creature.
Kaabo Roulnar
 player, 45 posts
 Evocation Wizard
 AC 14 HP 7/32
Fri 23 Jul 2021
at 02:46
Re: Day 10 - Leavetakings and Arrivals
Kaabo watched the reactions of the two companions nearby. If there was danger waiting for them in this new room, he felt safer letting Gorm lead the way.
Morg Danforge
 player, 958 posts
 dwarf,mountain AC16 1insp
 fighter5 BM 0as 1sw 2sd8
Fri 23 Jul 2021
at 07:48
Re: Day 10 - Leavetakings and Arrivals
Morg joins Gorm and Kaarbo going to Landrin and Makari, and whispers "Our brown friend thinks this may be a hag or wizard."
If Morg heard Thuluna, he'll try to figure out just from her voice (he couldn't see her then) if she seems sincere in helping.
He'll walk over to Thuluna, and mention the trolls who said "Luna", and say that the party didn't harm them.
He won't mention the bridge troll tho.

09:45, Today: Morg Danforge rolled 18 using 1d20+1 with rolls of 17.  If Morg heard Thuluna, Insight check to figure out if she seems helpful or about to cook us.

This message was last edited by the player at 07:50, Fri 23 July.

DM
 GM, 1783 posts
 Dungeon
 Master
Tue 27 Jul 2021
at 01:39
Re: Day 10 - Leavetakings and Arrivals
"Oh, it's a dwarf friend," the bent figure croons, moving back and forth a bit as if doing a stiff jig. She leans forward conspiratorially as Morg approaches. "Have you returned to liberate Tyar-Besil from the Cult of the Crushing Wave?" After a moment, she cackles softly. "Has your friend the firbolg told you about the lost glory of your dwarven kin?"

Without waiting for an answer, she turns her hooded head turns towards the others, who are starting to gather around the courtyard. "Come in, come in," she says, waving a frail hand as she backs into her room, leaving room for the group to follow her if they will.

This message was last edited by the GM at 01:43, Tue 27 July.

Makari
 player, 196 posts
 AC 16 HP 32/41 PP 16
 Rise up. Break free.
Tue 27 Jul 2021
at 02:39
Re: Day 10 - Leavetakings and Arrivals
Makari looked at his allies for just a moment. If it were a trap...well...it was a weird one. He finally gave a slow shrug, and then nodded. "Okay. Thanks." He entered.
Morg Danforge
 player, 959 posts
 dwarf,mountain AC16 1insp
 fighter5 BM 0as 1sw 2sd8
Tue 27 Jul 2021
at 11:28
Re: Day 10 - Leavetakings and Arrivals
Morg approaches her, thinking "How does she know about that? Does she also know about the magic deck of cards and the dagger Reszur?"
Morg is trying to trick Luna by thinking of something real (the magic dagger Reszur) and something fake (his cards aren't magical).

13:26, Today: Morg Danforge rolled 20 using 1d20 with rolls of 20.  Deception check for trying to mislead the mind reader.

Landrin Flint
 player, 43 posts
 Human Harper
 Gloom Stalker Ranger
Wed 28 Jul 2021
at 00:01
Re: Day 10 - Leavetakings and Arrivals
Landrin lowers his hand crossbows to his sides but did not put them away just yet. He eyes the hag suspiciously and steps inside as well.