Day 10 - Leavetakings and Arrivals.   Posted by DM.Group: 0
DM
 GM, 1770 posts
 Dungeon
 Master
Thu 17 Jun 2021
at 00:48
Re: Day 10 - Leavetakings and Arrivals
The party splits, half walking around to the northern door.


Map updated!

Makari
 player, 189 posts
 AC 16 HP 32/41 PP 16
 Rise up. Break free.
Thu 17 Jun 2021
at 04:28
Re: Day 10 - Leavetakings and Arrivals
Makari moved in to position with the 'team' he was covering a door with. He had his quarterstaff out and ready, and cast Shillelagh on it as they moved in to position again, just in case it was getting close to the minute mark.

Then he nodded and waited for the doors to be opened.
Kaabo Roulnar
 player, 35 posts
 Evocation Wizard
 AC 14 HP 32/32
Thu 17 Jun 2021
at 05:07
Re: Day 10 - Leavetakings and Arrivals
"I'm ready when you are."
Morg Danforge
 player, 945 posts
 dwarf,mountain AC16 1insp
 fighter5 BM 1as 1sw 4sd8
Thu 17 Jun 2021
at 10:40
Re: Day 10 - Leavetakings and Arrivals
Morg tries to quietly open the northern door, and peek inside.
12:39, Today: Morg Danforge rolled 7 using 2d20+1, dropping the highest dice only with rolls of 7,6.  Stealth check with disadvantage (from chain mail) for sound, opening northern door.
Magdrak
 player, 169 posts
Sat 19 Jun 2021
at 17:38
Re: Day 10 - Leavetakings and Arrivals
Magdrak stands ready with Morg as the other opens the door, battleaxe gripped in his fist.  He murmurs to himself as he is waiting.  "I do hope that both doors lead to the same room.  Hate to find half of us charging enemies while the others try to fight a broom closet."
DM
 GM, 1771 posts
 Dungeon
 Master
Mon 21 Jun 2021
at 21:52
Re: Day 10 - Leavetakings and Arrivals
Morg slides past the bear to ease open the grimy door, which grates loudly as the stone pivots against the rock floor.

The room beyond is filthy. The crumbling walls are crooked, and they frame a crude, foul-smelling carpet of uncured pelts and hides strewn across the floor.

Gnawed bones and broken crockery are scattered about, along with a few odd pieces of armor, most bent, twisted, or badly scored by claw marks.

Two hulking figures look up at the opening of the northern door, their resemblance to the late troll guarding the bridge unmistakable.

[Language unknown:  "Osmemepo ivevnd, Arprilll. Si olomwh evte, olil wh o ect."], one of the creatures says to the other. [Language unknown:  "Io elac ilwe ho p, Fofoaiprca,"] the other replies, [Language unknown:  "Nde p ek wiun, llte Anma yinconere forte."]


Map updated!

Kaabo Roulnar
 player, 36 posts
 Evocation Wizard
 AC 14 HP 32/32
Mon 21 Jun 2021
at 23:33
Re: Day 10 - Leavetakings and Arrivals
18:25, Today: Kaabo Roulnar rolled 2 using 1d20+1.  Initiative.

"One wants us dead, the other wants us afraid."
Morg Danforge
 player, 947 posts
 dwarf,mountain AC16 1insp
 fighter5 BM 1as 1sw 4sd8
Tue 22 Jun 2021
at 09:42
Re: Day 10 - Leavetakings and Arrivals
"Mag, they're not friendly!" Morg shouts towards the southwestern door.
Landrin Flint
 player, 39 posts
 Human Harper
 Gloom Stalker Ranger
Tue 22 Jun 2021
at 21:59
Re: Day 10 - Leavetakings and Arrivals
Landor stood ready for the door to be opened and face the beasts that lurked within.
Makari
 player, 191 posts
 AC 16 HP 32/41 PP 16
 Rise up. Break free.
Sat 26 Jun 2021
at 02:40
Re: Day 10 - Leavetakings and Arrivals
Makari didn't like the sounds of that at all. He wasn't sure if that meant for sure the trolls were going to attack or not, though he thought it likely. He raised his staff and pointed it towards the door, waiting to fire off his eldritch blasts if a troll showed themselves to be hostile.

OOC: Ready Eldritch Blast if hostile troll appears.

20:39, Today: Secret Roll: Makari rolled 5 using 1d20+3 with rolls of 2.  Initiative.
20:39, Today: Secret Roll: Makari rolled 10,13,27,11 using d20+8,d10+5,d20+8,d10+5 with rolls of 2,8,19,6.  Ready Action: Eldritch Blasts vs Troll.

DM
 GM, 1772 posts
 Dungeon
 Master
Sat 26 Jun 2021
at 14:53
Re: Day 10 - Leavetakings and Arrivals
[Language unknown:  "Ac viriouhis wachom,"] the first creature moans. [Language unknown:  "I peund ekma o ririle tavir statiomen Les pro oflat ain un m."]

The creature than starts making throaty gurgling sounds. After a moment, the other creature joins him. The noise is surprisingly loud.
Gorm Hareth
 player, 128 posts
Sat 26 Jun 2021
at 15:36
Re: Day 10 - Leavetakings and Arrivals
Clearly not inclined to enter a room that stinks, let alone one this badly, the bear backs away from the door the moment it is opened, but doesn't quite turn away from the sight of the trolls, she just isn't sticking her nose in there if she doesn't have to.
Kaabo Roulnar
 player, 38 posts
 Evocation Wizard
 AC 14 HP 32/32
Sat 26 Jun 2021
at 15:47
Re: Day 10 - Leavetakings and Arrivals
Kaabo was a bit confused, "The one who wants to scare us just told the other he doesn't want to kill us. Now they're making noise to try to draw the attention of someone named Luna."

[Language unknown:  "A ismo latrutere, no icthu hoear ulnt. Di nt red ie ing tedhashat, est ar m ai yinni, N al ich iouof oulwaslin ing. I preho ho bleto tra strol ntiat manounrationnot lohas, it ichivestr om osreca oltohi stmowe."]
DM
 GM, 1773 posts
 Dungeon
 Master
Thu 1 Jul 2021
at 23:50
Re: Day 10 - Leavetakings and Arrivals
[Language unknown:  "Tinmannte ameni sa chckwi ressetratred,"] Marrowsucker wails. [Language unknown:  "Whe, tra at era il evni o k nduler."]

All the wailing from the two large trolls echos alarmingly loud even in the hallways outside the room. Though it's difficult to hear over the racket, some movement can be heard from the north.
Kaabo Roulnar
 player, 39 posts
 Evocation Wizard
 AC 14 HP 32/32
Fri 2 Jul 2021
at 00:00
Re: Day 10 - Leavetakings and Arrivals
Kaabo translated for the others
quote:
"Don't want kill temple intruders," Marrowsucker wails. "Luna, come make them go away so we sleep."


"It seems they're content to leave us be so long as we do the same."
Morg Danforge
 player, 949 posts
 dwarf,mountain AC16 1insp
 fighter5 BM 1as 1sw 4sd8
Fri 2 Jul 2021
at 07:39
Re: Day 10 - Leavetakings and Arrivals
Morg moves out of the room towards the middle of the corridor between the merfolk fountain and the bridge to the east, listening, and looking east for whoever Luna is.
Makari
 player, 192 posts
 AC 16 HP 32/41 PP 16
 Rise up. Break free.
Fri 2 Jul 2021
at 21:37
Re: Day 10 - Leavetakings and Arrivals
Makari frowned as he listened. While he wasn't bloodthirsty by any means...those were trolls! "Aren't...trolls...evil creatures who will eat people and cause mayhem and destruction?" He turned to look and see if he could see where the sounds coming closer were originating from. "Should we just...leave them?"
Landrin Flint
 player, 40 posts
 Human Harper
 Gloom Stalker Ranger
Sat 3 Jul 2021
at 14:26
Re: Day 10 - Leavetakings and Arrivals
Landrin lowered his crossbows slightly. ďI may have shot first on the last troll, but if these two really donít want to fight then we should leave them be. They canít help what they are.Ē
DM
 GM, 1775 posts
 Dungeon
 Master
Thu 8 Jul 2021
at 22:15
Re: Day 10 - Leavetakings and Arrivals
The grinding sound of a door rotating open just to the north is followed by a throaty roar. A small band of scaley creatures bursts out into the corridor, brandishing heavy clubs, wicked looking spiked shields, and crooked javelins.

A larger creature cries above the din, [Language unknown:  "Is Romterere!"] before charging after the intruders. They stop short, seeing Morg standing in the nearby hallway.

The two trolls in the southern room, unmoved, continue making loud cries and wails.


Map updated!

Morg is up now, everyone else can take their turns after the lizardfolk and trolls.

Round 1 Initiative Order:

WhoInitStatus
Morg20 
Trolls20 
Lizardfolk20 
Landrin15 
Magdrak9 
Gorm6 
Makari5 
Kaabo2Mage Armor

Morg Danforge
 player, 950 posts
 dwarf,mountain AC16 1insp
 fighter5 BM 1as 1sw 4sd8
Fri 9 Jul 2021
at 10:15
Re: Day 10 - Leavetakings and Arrivals
"Hello, are you with Luna?" Morg says to the lizard folk as he slowly walks towards them.
Move: 10' E.

Action: Ready attack, triggered by hostility by any of the non-party members in melee range: attack with greatsword - hits AC 18 for 23 slashing damage.

Menacing attack: target must make a WIS save (vs a DC 16 or be frightened (disadv. on ability checks and attack rolls while I'm in Morg's line of sight, and they can't willingly move closer to him) until the end of my his turn.)

12:11, Today: Morg Danforge rolled 18 using 1d20+8 with rolls of 10.  Readied attack on hostile with greatsword.
12:11, Today: Morg Danforge rolled 15 using 2d6+5 with rolls of 4,6.  Slashing damage to hostile from greatsword (reroll a 1 or 2 once).
12:12, Today: Morg Danforge rolled 8 using 1d8 with rolls of 8.  Maneuver: menacing attack on hostil (WIS save vs DC 16) or be frightened until end of M's next turn.

DM
 GM, 1776 posts
 Dungeon
 Master
Fri 9 Jul 2021
at 22:22
Re: Day 10 - Leavetakings and Arrivals
Ignoring Morg's question, the lizard creatures rush at the intruding adventurers.


Map updated! Everyone is up now, including Morg for his Round 2 turn.

Trolls continue making noise.

Lizardfolk rush in. Morg's action is triggered and he attacks L1 with Menacing Attack - HIT for 23 slashing. L1 is dead.

L2 attacks Morg with bite and spiked shield - CRITS once for 6 piercing.
L3 attacks Gorm with bite and spiked shield - HITS once for 8 piercing.
L4 attacks Kaabo with bite and spiked shield - MISS.
L5 attacks Gorm with javelin - HIT for 5 piercing
L6 attacks Kaabo with javelin - MISS.
L7 attacks Morg with javelin - MISS.
LT attacks Morg with javelin - MISS.

Gorm Hareth
 player, 129 posts
Fri 9 Jul 2021
at 22:45
Re: Day 10 - Leavetakings and Arrivals
While not quite stuck to the troll problem Gorm doesn't respond to the lizard ambush very quickly, when they do get there the bear responds to being poked as bears do, with tooth and claw.
Morg Danforge
 player, 951 posts
 dwarf,mountain AC16 1insp
 fighter5 BM 0as 1sw 2?sd8
Sat 10 Jul 2021
at 17:16
Re: Day 10 - Leavetakings and Arrivals
"The dwarves are back!" Morg shouts, runs towards the bigger creature and slashes 4 times.
Round 2:
Move: 10' E, or towards a lizardfolk if larger creature is dead.

Action: Attack larger creature (or other living lizardfolk) with greatsword - hits AC 10 (probably misses because of shields).
Extra attack: attack larger creature (or other living lizardfolk) with greatsword - hits AC 22 for 13 slashing damage.
Menacing attack: target must make a WIS save vs a DC 16 or be frightened (disadv. on ability checks and attack rolls while I'm in Morg's line of sight, and they can't willingly move closer to him) until the end of Morg's next turn.

If there are still enemies within movement melee range, then:
Action surge: Attack larger creature (or other living lizardfolk) with greatsword - hits AC 27 for 16 slashing damage if already frightened. If not frightened, then menacing attack: +1 slashing damage and target must make a WIS save vs a DC 16 or be frightened.
Extra attack for action surge attack: Attack larger creature (or other living lizardfolk) with greatsword - hits AC 27 for 12 slashing damage if already frightened. If not frightened, then menacing attack: +8 slashing damage and target must make a WIS save vs a DC 16 or be frightened.

18:52, Today: Morg Danforge rolled 10 using 1d20+8 with rolls of 2.  Attack LT or other L with greatsword.
18:53, Today: Morg Danforge rolled 22 using 1d20+8 with rolls of 14.  Extra attack LT or other L with greatsword.
18:53, Today: Morg Danforge rolled 7 using 2d6+5 with rolls of 1,1.  Slashing damage to LT or other L from greatsword (reroll a 1 or 2 once).
18:53, Today: Morg Danforge rolled 4 using 1d6 with rolls of 4.  Reroll first 1 with Great weapon fighting fighting style.
18:53, Today: Morg Danforge rolled 2 using 1d6 with rolls of 2.  Reroll second 1 with Great weapon fighting fighting style.
18:54, Today: Morg Danforge rolled 2 using 1d8 with rolls of 2.  Maneuver: menacing attack on LT/L (WIS save vs DC 16) or be frightened until end of M's next turn.

19:00, Today: Morg Danforge rolled 27 using 1d20+8 with rolls of 19.  Action surge attack LT/L with greatsword.
19:00, Today: Morg Danforge rolled 9 using 2d6+5 with rolls of 2,2.  Slashing damage to LT/L from greatsword (reroll a 1 or 2 once).
19:01, Today: Morg Danforge rolled 5 using 1d6 with rolls of 5.  Reroll first 2 with Great weapon fighting fighting style.
19:01, Today: Morg Danforge rolled 6 using 1d6 with rolls of 6.  Reroll second 2 with Great weapon fighting fighting style.
19:02, Today: Morg Danforge rolled 1 using 1d8 with rolls of 1.  If enemy is not freigntened, then maneuver: menacing attack on LT/L.
19:07, Today: Morg Danforge rolled 27 using 1d20+8 with rolls of 19.  Action surge extra attack LT/L with greatsword.
19:07, Today: Morg Danforge rolled 12 using 2d6+5 with rolls of 1,6.  Slashing damage to LT/L from greatsword (reroll a 1 or 2 once).
19:07, Today: Morg Danforge rolled 1 using 1d6 with rolls of 1.  Reroll the 1 with Great weapon fighting fighting style.
19:08, Today: Morg Danforge rolled 8 using 1d8 with rolls of 8.  If enemy is not freigntened, then maneuver: menacing attack on LT/L.

Edit: fix frightened duration, +shout.

This message was last edited by the player at 17:25, Sat 10 July.

Kaabo Roulnar
 player, 41 posts
 Evocation Wizard
 AC 14 HP 32/32
Sat 10 Jul 2021
at 17:29
Re: Day 10 - Leavetakings and Arrivals
Kaabo produced a chip of mica from his component pouch as he spoke words and made signs and gestures to manipulate the weave into producing a cacophonous boom in the midst of the enemies swarming into the room.

Action: cast Shatter, centered to hit as many of them as possible
Result: Con 15 vs 14 damage (1/2 on success)
Special: Sculpt Spell feature lets me make pockets of safety for up to 3 allies so they take no damage (me, Gorm, Morg if needed)

12:24, Today: Kaabo Roulnar rolled 14 using 3d8.  Shatter: Con 15 for half.

Makari
 player, 193 posts
 AC 16 HP 32/41 PP 16
 Rise up. Break free.
Sat 10 Jul 2021
at 17:43
Re: Day 10 - Leavetakings and Arrivals
Makari could hear the sounds of combat, though the trolls didn't seem to be involved. He looked around and behind him, just to be safe, but then began to hurry up and hustle up the hall to come around and see if he could catch sight of what was going on.

Move and Dash action, moving 60 feet north and east to lay eyes on at least part of the battle happening - should put Makari just at the edge of the 'hallway' up north so he can see Morg and a couple of baddies at least.