The Druid's Colony.   Posted by The Watchful Prescience.Group: 0
The Watchful Prescience
 GM, 41 posts
Wed 10 Aug 2016
at 13:19
The Druid's Colony
After meeting at the gate the Sergeant, Corporal and apprentices travelled for several hours through the night and made good time towards the druids colony. Entering a section of forest by following a small trail off the main road the Corporal and Sergeant quickly confer and the Corporal rejoins your group. Speaking to his scouts the Sergeant says “Right, you lot go on ahead. Douse your torches, tread quiet and scout the grove. Me an the lads’ll give you ten minutes then follow in behind.”

The corporal will step up to Vance and Boc. “Master Valius, scout ahead, I’m keen to see your skills in action. Master Boc, stay with me and lead us in, everyone else cover your lights.” With a nod to the sergeant the corporal heads off. The trees in this section of forest are thick and unusually healthy and after following the trail for nearly a kilometer the party comes across a massive clearing several hundred meters across and unusually round. In the center of the clearing upon a gentle hill is a copse of thick, tall oaks and holly thickets. For most of the group the few stars create a world of deep shadows. The corporal will signal for the group to stop at the tree line and will signal for Vance to go on ahead.
Vance Valius
 player, 26 posts
 Ooh that looks nice.....
 Yup
Wed 10 Aug 2016
at 14:19
The Druid's Colony
Nodding, the rogue slips down from the skunk and motions for him to stay with the group. He pauses and motions for the skunk to stay near the barbarian as well. Flexing a bit, Vance slips off into the wilderness without a word.
Tarpin
 player, 40 posts
 Warmage
Wed 10 Aug 2016
at 14:23
The Druid's Colony
When the order was given for the scouts to go ahead, before they reached the clearing, Tarpin took the opportunity to cast a spell upon himself.

At the clearing he flicked the shutter closed on his head light, as instructed. Then he waited patiently with the rest of the squad while Vance was sent to scout ahead.
Boc
 player, 18 posts
 Half Orc Barbarian
Thu 11 Aug 2016
at 03:19
The Druid's Colony
Boc does as he is told and waits with the corporal, watching Vance cross the cleaning.  He glances down at the skunk but makes no sudden moves, wary of upsetting it or setting it off.
Jorath
 player, 35 posts
 Monk
Thu 11 Aug 2016
at 10:28
The Druid's Colony
Jorath follows as instructed and when told utters a word and his torch extinguishes itself . He will wait and watch poised to fight
Daelan
 player, 45 posts
 Scout + Cleric
 HP 16/16
Fri 12 Aug 2016
at 03:40
The Druid's Colony
In reply to Jorath (msg # 5):

Daelan is Salty that the scouts moved on without her again, but settles for getting her nightvision back now that the pesky torches were out. Unsheathing her chakram, she gets to turning it over in the starlight.

Daelan rolled 15 using 1d20+8.  Listen check.
The Watchful Prescience
 GM, 42 posts
Fri 12 Aug 2016
at 09:31
The Druid's Colony
With the Corporal and the majority of the party waiting at the tree line Vance sets out to scout ahead. He quickly disappears even from Bocs nocturnal vision and it is clear the little "locksmith" is a gifted stealther. Several minutes of tense waiting pass when from across the clearing there is a small flicker of light. Within seconds the flames flare up, a cheery little fire clearly visible across the open ground.
Boc
 player, 19 posts
 Half Orc Barbarian
Fri 12 Aug 2016
at 14:50
The Druid's Colony
Suddenly Boc straightens and points across the clearing towards the fire.  "Gob gob." he says quietly.
Tarpin
 player, 41 posts
 Warmage
Fri 12 Aug 2016
at 15:04
The Druid's Colony
"Goblins?" Tarpin whispers back. "What are they doing?"
Boc
 player, 20 posts
 Half Orc Barbarian
Fri 12 Aug 2016
at 23:47
The Druid's Colony
Boc stares across the plain into the darkness, pointing at the far treeline well off to the right of the fire.  "No gob gob."  he corrects his previous statement, holding out his hand at waist height.  "Hob gob gob?"  Hand raised to shoulder height.  "Man man?  Hip hip?"  He shrugs in the darkness.  "No no gob."
Daelan
 player, 46 posts
 Scout + Cleric
 HP 16/16
Sat 13 Aug 2016
at 00:08
The Druid's Colony
In reply to Boc (msg # 10):

muttering "man man, but hip man, and hob-gobs??" trying  to put two and two together squinting into the dark.