Nose to the Grind Stone.   Posted by The Watchful Prescience.Group: 0
The Watchful Prescience
 GM, 109 posts
Sat 26 Nov 2016
at 15:35
Nose to the Grind Stone
The refugees are lead by three Dwarven children to a small warehouse next to a large stables and are shown where they can get blankets and water. The Druids and the adventurers are lead by the continuously bickering elderly Dwarves down the main concourse to a building that appears to be half a two story keep and half a two story factory built partly onto the river. This structure is both the center of industry and the center of the fort and is surrounded by a granary, a pair of two story buildings and another warehouse, the outer walls of which create an encircling thirty foot high, twenty foot thick curtain wall.

Within the keep the group are lead to a grand hall where they are introduced to another elderly Dwarven couple. The druids quietly explain to you that these four Dwarves are the grandparents of the two clans and that between them they are a sort of continuously and happily bickering ruling council. Once everyone has been seated the Dwarves bid the Druids to explain why they have come. During the Druids account the Dwarves interrupt them continuously, wheedling a huge amount of information about the realms current state of affairs. During this time several courses of fish, mutton and roasted vegetables had been provided along with exceptional meads and ales, so once the Dwarves turn their attention to the adventurers good food, plentiful drinks and the trust of the Druids encourage the party to relax. While questioning the group about the Hobgoblin camp the Dwarven matriarch Marta poses the question “with the vile Goblin spawn on our doorstep, how do each of you feel you are best suited to help protect our humble little mill, what skills can you bring to our defence?”
Nomin Morenar
 player, 44 posts
Mon 28 Nov 2016
at 01:07
Nose to the Grind Stone
Nomin, never one to back away from good tankard mead or five, is the first to speak, rather enthusiastically and simply.

"I have but my faith, weapon, and shield, and a willingness to make use of them when the time comes."
Bleynar Ontafar
 player, 15 posts
Mon 28 Nov 2016
at 06:45
Nose to the Grind Stone
"The same way I helped this people reach here. With fire." Is Bleynar's simple answer as he smiles to the dwarf matriarch. "I am sure, though, that you hardly depend on others to defend your belongings."
Anselmoc
 player, 19 posts
Mon 28 Nov 2016
at 14:45
Nose to the Grind Stone
Before eating, and now in a place where hardly he will meet goblins again, Anselmoc decides to use his belt to heal himself. It doesn't work well the first time, so he tries another and it seems that the healing charge this time works more than he hoped for.

When meeting the dwarven elders, Anselmoc caress his chin for a while... he doesn't understand fully the matriarch's words.

"You mean... using this mill as an ambush for the goblins? That would be hilarious." Anselmoc can't imagine defending himself from the goblins. They are prey. His prey. Goblins are the ones who defend themselves from him.

He looks to the ghostly arms and tails that sprout from his body and imagine them coated in goblin blood again.

He can't help but smile.


OOC:
Using healing belt. 2 charges >:(
11:39, Today: Anselmoc rolled 3 using 2d8.  Healing Belt 1 charge.
11:40, Today: Anselmoc rolled 10 using 2d8.  Healing Belt another charge.

Slivan Thantis
 player, 25 posts
Mon 28 Nov 2016
at 17:29
Nose to the Grind Stone
Without needing to ponder much, Slivan responds to Marta: "I've spent most of my life studying everything about those wretched goblinkind. I know more about them than most people. My knowledge helps me rid the land of them in the most effective methods."
As if to stress his point, Slivan rests his hands on the hilts of his swords.

OOC:
Did we get a chance to rest? Are we healed up, or still with the same HP?

The Watchful Prescience
 GM, 112 posts
Tue 29 Nov 2016
at 09:00
Nose to the Grind Stone
OOC: It has been roughly seven hours since you fought the hobgoblins, you travelled for nearly six and have been at the mill for just over an hour.

The Matriarch Marta solemnly considers the answers. "You are young and brave and see glory to be had. This is good, for I fear dark times have come upon us. The four of us were amongst those brought to this land by The Lord of Light himself when fire and war in the form of Orc and giant destroyed everything that we loved, our halls brought to ruin and our brave kin slain fighting the beasts. We have lived for nearly one hundred blessed years of peace, but never have we forgotten our oaths to our lord. We have built upon this land, we have borne children and they have borne children and everything we have raised we have raised strong. Now the Goblin are abroad and we will not flee a second time, we are the anvil AND the hammer and the green skins will be broken."

Martha's husband Baltrock then speaks "Aye, we will fight for our halls, all those who shelter here will fight for our halls. I know the Druids and for all their oddness with trees they've never done us wrong, but you four, you I dannae know. When the Goblins come will you be throwin them from our walls or hidin behind them?"
Nomin Morenar
 player, 47 posts
Tue 29 Nov 2016
at 12:16
Nose to the Grind Stone
The paladin speaks flatly, surprised he was even asked such a thing, "Weapons and shields aren't of much use for hiding... I guess the faith could go either way, but..."

He then gulps down another third of a tankard of mead while looking to the others to see if the dwarves had been speaking more to the others in the group than himself.
The Watchful Prescience
 GM, 114 posts
Wed 30 Nov 2016
at 05:38
Nose to the Grind Stone
Baltrock gives Nomin a quiet nod of approval.
Anselmoc
 player, 20 posts
Wed 30 Nov 2016
at 16:03
Nose to the Grind Stone
The ambush idea is beggining to appeal Anselmoc more and more. He chuckles, imagining the horrified faces of the goblinoids as he lurks un the shadows.
"Definitely hidding"he adds with a predatorial grin.
Bleynar Ontafar
 player, 16 posts
Thu 1 Dec 2016
at 16:57
Nose to the Grind Stone
Bleynar nods and smiles, knowing that Anselmoc's words are dar from belong to a coward.
But he can't share his tactics.
I would prefer to not allow the goblins enter here. I am not good at face to face combat.