[1.02] The Old Fishery.   Posted by Dungeon Master.Group: 0
Dungeon Master
 GM, 59 posts
 Teller of tales
 Lord of lies
Thu 21 Jun 2018
at 15:43
[1.02] The Old Fishery
The address Zellara provides leads to an abandoned looking fishery set along the docks about a dozen blocks from Zellara's home. The reek of brine and the stink of week-dead fish hang thickly in the air here and the whole building looks like it is about to succumb to rot or mold or just plain neglect and sink into the harbor.

Despite appearances it remains active as the group sees a full of a foul smelling reddish mixture that smells like rotten fish. The cart is being pushed by a pair of small children out of the side entrance.

From a casual casing it appears there are three entrances. The main entrance (A) is a set of old double doors that are tightly closed, with a drooping signpost hanging above. The sign it once displayed is long gone, leaving behind only a single short length of rusted chain.

To the left side (B) is the loading docks where the cart came from. The dock is fifteen feet wide and abuts the side of the building. Although the area is open, the corner of the ramp means one would have to walk up the ramp to see inside.

Finally there appears to be some sort of back alley entrance (C). A slippery looking boardwalk clings to the side of the fishery, held together by barnacle-thick pilings that have been worn halfway through their thickness at the waterline. There is a door here as well, most likely some sort of back entrance for employees back when the fishery was under legitimate management.

OOC: The map is uploaded into the main game map
Anya Vinniter
 player, 29 posts
Thu 21 Jun 2018
at 21:18
[1.02] The Old Fishery
"So... The confused drunkard bit..?" Anya bites her lip, nervously watching the old fishery. "Myself, I always relied on a solid plan; a few magic tricks; and striking harder than the other one." She says the last part with a hand on the heavy pick hanging from her belt. "Not sure I'd be a convincing drunkard... Or that I could enter the place without being noticed."
Kraw
 Rogue, 41 posts
Mon 25 Jun 2018
at 15:54
[1.02] The Old Fishery
"We could try down by the waterline to the right. Likely a back entrance. Anybody up for a little skulking?" Kraw asks.
Anya Vinniter
 player, 30 posts
Mon 25 Jun 2018
at 19:41
[1.02] The Old Fishery
Anya studies the boardwalk, taking a few steps towards it. "Oh, that looks like very old wood... I can just imagine the creaking with every footstep I take... But if you go first and look ahead, I'll come after!"
Cordelia Abbey
 Cleric, 12 posts
Tue 26 Jun 2018
at 04:44
[1.02] The Old Fishery
Cordelia quietly peeked around Anya's shoulders, blinking rapidly at the unfortunate state of the boardwalk. Still, it was probably considerably more discrete than other options. What she wouldn't give for the ability to turn invisible and fly around . . .

"I think Anya has the right idea here. A bit of scouting, and if it's good and can support us, we try and creep past one at a time."
Kraw
 Rogue, 42 posts
Tue 26 Jun 2018
at 10:03
[1.02] The Old Fishery
Kraw nods, and Silently treads down the right side of the building, seeking an entrance.


Perception 19 on d20+8.
Stealth 27 on d20+10.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 63 posts
 Teller of tales
 Lord of lies
Tue 26 Jun 2018
at 21:44
[1.02] The Old Fishery
Creeping back along the docks Kraw sticks to the shadows and avoids detection. The windows are caked with filth preventing him from getting a good feel for what is going on but there is definitely movement inside.

Going around back of the Fishery reveals the rotten deck of an ancient barge. It seems to be barely intact, its hull worn and thick with seaweed and barnacles. The barge is held together primarily by the layers of old rope that lash it securely to the pilings that support the fishery and the nearby boardwalk. A single wooden door leading into the aft cabin bears a crude painting of a red fish on its surface.

From what he can tell there doesn't seem to be anything moving inside the barge but there might not be a way to get from the barge to the Fishery.

OOC: Possible Entrance D marked on the map
Kraw
 Rogue, 43 posts
Wed 27 Jun 2018
at 18:31
[1.02] The Old Fishery
Kraw quietly climbs aboard the craft, and proceeds to quietly climb down to the lower deck, checking for creaking stairs or other 'traps'.

Perception 14.
Stealth 24.

This message was last edited by the player at 18:32, Wed 27 June 2018.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 64 posts
 Teller of tales
 Lord of lies
Wed 27 Jun 2018
at 22:18
[1.02] The Old Fishery
The air inside the hold is thick and musty. Thick sheets of cobwebs hang from the walls and mounds of blankets, cushions, and straw clutter the floor. There is a narrow flight of stairs leading down deeper into the hold of the ship.




Going down below Kraw spies a single large spider (still tiny sized though but much larger than typical) skittering around. The air is dark with the only light coming in through cracks and holes in the ship. Kraw can tell that there is a layer of water on the bottom but beyond the immediate area of the stairs it is too dark to see. There doesn't appear to be any way to connect to the main fishery though.




Outside Anya and Cordelia bear witness to an eruption of noise coming from the Fishery. The main doors burst open and a man in expensive looking although badly out of style clothing erupts from the front door kicking after a pair of twin orphans fleeing for their lives.



"AND DON'T COME BACK UNTIL YOU'VE GOT SOMETHING WORTH HAVING!"

He scowls at the orphans and then looks over at Anya and Cordelia standing around nearby.

"And what are you looking at? Go on, get moving!"
Kraw
 Rogue, 44 posts
Fri 29 Jun 2018
at 12:52
[1.02] The Old Fishery
Kraw climbs out of the boat and returns to the dock. He slips around to the east side and looks for an entrance on that side. Hearing a shout from near the front, he decides that attention within might be directed towards the front. If he finds a side entrance, he tries the door.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 66 posts
 Teller of tales
 Lord of lies
Fri 29 Jun 2018
at 14:37
[1.02] The Old Fishery
Kraw finds the side door unlocked but when he peeks inside he sees a large dog resting at the base of a large desk. He also realizes that the interior is too brightly lit to sneak in further.
Anya Vinniter
 player, 32 posts
Sat 30 Jun 2018
at 06:59
[1.02] The Old Fishery
Anya stares at the man, frozen for a moment. Wondering if she should outright attack him, run away, talk to him, or let Cordelia take the initiative. She could not just strike a man down the instant she sees him, could she? He might die. Or is that what she's here for? Had she thought about it before, she would not have expected Gaedren to be alone. Maybe there are kids too, that might get in harms way. Maybe someone from her neighborhood.

Anya pushed away the thoughts rushing through her head, by opening her mouth and forcing herself to speak, nervously. "Eh, hey mister, we're here for shiver, I can, eh, pay..."


Darn it: if he wants to, he will see through the lie - I rolled a 3 bluff.
Cordelia Abbey
 Cleric, 15 posts
Sun 1 Jul 2018
at 03:22
[1.02] The Old Fishery
Codelia can't quite hold back the wince at the sudden appearance of Yargin, as well as Anya's . . . admittedly weak play for shiver. Maybe they should've just jumped the bastard after all? Still, she may as well support the young woman's attempt at misdirection, so she awkwardly steps up by Anya and flashes a strained smile.

"Surely you wouldn't turn us away? We have coin . . ."


20:19, Today: Cordelia Abbey rolled 7 using 1d20+3 with rolls of 4.  Okay, lets lie.
Kraw
 Rogue, 45 posts
Sun 1 Jul 2018
at 12:32
[1.02] The Old Fishery
Kraw springs through the slightly opened doorway to take a swing at the guard dog. He lands before the dog, but his blade goes wide. His attempt to peck the dog isn't much better.

05:30, Today: Kraw rolled 18 using 1d20+8 with rolls of 10.  Acrobatics.

05:30, Today: Kraw rolled 8 using 1d20+4 with rolls of 4.  Kukri attack.
muffed that one too. We're doing great........

05:33, Today: Kraw rolled 13 using 1d20-1 with rolls of 14.  Secondary Bite attack.
With no Dex to AC, if it IS flat-footed, this might hit.

05:33, Today: Kraw rolled 4 using 1d3+1 with rolls of 3.  Bite damage.

05:33, Today: Kraw rolled 1 using 1d4 with rolls of 1.  sneak attack damage.

This message was last edited by the player at 12:35, Sun 01 July 2018.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 68 posts
 Teller of tales
 Lord of lies
Sun 1 Jul 2018
at 19:22
[1.02] The Old Fishery
Outside Yagrin began to eye the two girls suspiciously. Inside Kraw leaps out to attack the dog by surprise but he misjudges the distance and his kukri slams into the desk instead of the dog's neck.

The dog looks up and starts barking wildly at the intruder. Outside Yagrin jerks as he hears the alarm and starts reaching inside of his jacket for a weapon...

OOC: You need to make a full-round attack to use the bite attack




Combat has been initiated

Round 1


NameInitiativeACHPAttackDamageStatus
Cordelia161310/10Claw -11d4-1-
Kraw61710/10Kurki +2, Bite +11d4+1/1d4/1d3-
Anya61610/10Cards +31d4+2-
Dog #15??HealthyBite +21d4+1-
Yargin3??HealthyAcid +21d6-

HealthyBruisedHurtInjuredWoundedMauledCrippledDyingDead
100%99% - 75%75% - 60%60% - 45%45% - 30%30% - 15%15% - 0%0% >Dead








]
Anya Vinniter
 player, 35 posts
Sun 1 Jul 2018
at 20:40
[1.02] The Old Fishery
Realizing things have changed in an instant, Anya draws her old, dwarven mining pick and quickly steps towards Yargin, raising the weapon. Bringing it down on him, she closes both her eyes, and while swinging only barely opens the right eye, squinting to see if she hits. She’s killed before, but is in no particular hurry to do so - and has not yet decided whether she wants to. She is however determined to see this through, and does not hesitate in attacking when things may take unexpected turns.


OOC: Posting from phone, so simple formatting.
Free action: 5-foot-step to W15,
Move action to draw pick
Standard action melee attack: 15 to hit, 6 piercing damage.

This message was last edited by the player at 07:24, Mon 02 July 2018.

Cordelia Abbey
 Cleric, 17 posts
Sun 1 Jul 2018
at 22:34
[1.02] The Old Fishery
The sudden crash and barking startles Cordelia quite soundly, and her eyes snap to the building for a moment before returning to Yagrin. Who was going for his jacket crap! With a lung she crossed the distance and threw out an awkward swipe with one hand from under her silks, more of a grazing strike than anything else.

"Quickly now!"




Charging straight ahead to X15 and making a Claw attack on Yagrin.
15:31, Today: Cordelia Abbey rolled 16 using 1d20+1 with rolls of 15.  Claw Charge.
15:31, Today: Cordelia Abbey rolled 0 using 1d4-1 with rolls of 1.  Claw Damage.
Assuming a hit I believe that's 1 damage from me due to minimum damage?

Dungeon Master
 GM, 71 posts
 Teller of tales
 Lord of lies
Fri 6 Jul 2018
at 03:06
[1.02] The Old Fishery


Cordelia charges forward but instead of slashing Yargin across his chest she instead thumps her knuckles against him and gives him a bruise instead.

Kraw might have missed the first time but not the second. As the dog moves to stand up Kraw buries both of his blades into its back and it slumps down dead.

Anya steps forward and punches into Yagrin hard with her pick. Yagrin responds by screaming bloody murder and fleeing into the fishery. He bursts through the main entrance and then ends up nearly smacking right into Kraw as he trips over his own dead dog!

Round 1

NameInitiativeACHPAttackDamageStatus
Cordelia161310/10Claw -11d4-1-
Kraw61710/10Kurki +2, Bite +11d4+1/1d4/1d3-
Anya61610/10Cards +31d4+2-
Yargin313WoundedAcid +21d61 NL
Dog #1--Dead---

HealthyBruisedHurtInjuredWoundedMauledCrippledDyingDead
100%99% - 75%75% - 60%60% - 45%45% - 30%30% - 15%15% - 0%0% >Dead

This message was last edited by the GM at 12:03, Fri 06 July 2018.

Cordelia Abbey
 Cleric, 20 posts
Fri 6 Jul 2018
at 03:18
[1.02] The Old Fishery
Okay, that was wholly embarrassing. She wasn't a melee fighter or anything though! The woman fumbled the crossbow off of her back, loading a bolt into it as she glanced to Anya.

"Get going! I'll cover you once I have this ready!"

She wasn't particularly amazing with a crossbow either to be honest, but it was better than overly relying on her claws or unleashing her divine power willy-nilly. Besides, who knew how long it would take to find that rat bastard? Best to save some of her magic for a bit.



Drawing light crossbow and loading it for my turn.
Anya Vinniter
 player, 37 posts
Fri 6 Jul 2018
at 04:38
[1.02] The Old Fishery
Anya hurries, runs into the house after Yargin, stopping next to him where she swings her pick again. The swing hits, but not nearly as hard this time. She looks at Kraw on the other side of Yargin. "Get him, quick!"


OOC:
Move action: 30ft move to R13
Standard: Attack, hitting ac 17 for 3 P damage.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 72 posts
 Teller of tales
 Lord of lies
Fri 6 Jul 2018
at 12:11
[1.02] The Old Fishery
Cordelia draws and loads her crossbow.

Kraw strikes out with his blades and his beak but Yargin, focused now entirely on defending himself, is able to dodge back out of the way of the attacks.

Anya charges forward behind Yargin and hits him again wtih her pick.

Yargin steps back and continues screaming "HELP ME YOU FUCKING LOUTS!" and pulls out a vial of something sinister from his coat. He throws it at Kraw but Kraw uses a kukri to deflect it and it smashes against a wall turning into a sizzling and bubbling mass of acid.

Round 2

NameInitiativeACHPAttackDamageStatus
Cordelia161310/10Xbow +11d8-
Kraw61710/10Kurki +2, Bite +11d4+1/1d4/1d3-
Anya61610/10Heavy Pick +21d6+2-
Yargin313CrippledAcid +21d61 NL, Staggered
Dog #1--Dead---

HealthyBruisedHurtInjuredWoundedMauledCrippledDyingDead
100%99% - 75%75% - 60%60% - 45%45% - 30%30% - 15%15% - 0%0% >Dead

This message was last edited by the GM at 12:52, Fri 06 July 2018.

Anya Vinniter
 player, 38 posts
Fri 6 Jul 2018
at 12:32
Re: [1.02] The Old Fishery
"Shut up, you, or you may never scream again!" Anya growls, unwilling to kill the man. Stepping up towards him, she throws her fist at Yargin, aiming to knock the severely beaten man unconscious, but he narrowly dodges.


OOC:
5-foot to Q13
Standard: Unarmed strike for d3+2 nonlethal, missing with a 12 - so close!

Kraw
 Rogue, 46 posts
Fri 6 Jul 2018
at 12:52
Re: [1.02] The Old Fishery
Kraw strikes out with both kukris again. Being in a flanking position helps him immensely as one blow and his beak both hit.

05:47, Today: Kraw rolled 9 using 1d20+2 with rolls of 7.  Kukri #1.+2 flanking = 11. Miss!

05:47, Today: Kraw rolled 12 using 1d20+2 with rolls of 10.  Kukri #2.+2 flanking = 14, hit!
05:53, Today: Kraw rolled 3 using 1d4 with rolls of 3.  Kukri damage.
05:52, Today: Kraw rolled 8 using 1d8 with rolls of 8.  sneak attack damage.

05:47, Today: Kraw rolled 14 using 1d20-1 with rolls of 15.  Bite. +2 flanking = 16.
05:48, Today: Kraw rolled 3 using 1d3 with rolls of 3.  Bite damage.
05:49, Today: Kraw rolled 4 using 1d4 with rolls of 4.  Sneak attack damage.

18 damage done.

This message was last edited by the player at 12:54, Fri 06 July 2018.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 74 posts
 Teller of tales
 Lord of lies
Sat 7 Jul 2018
at 00:49
Re: [1.02] The Old Fishery
Kraw pecks Yagrin in the face and the man collapses, bleeding out from multiple holes in his body.

Just as Coredlia rejoins the group with her loaded crossbow one of the doors to the North opens up and a hulking half-orc with a mean grin on his face and a flail opens up. He advances on the group, giggling with glee as he brings his flail to bear on Kraw.



He twirls it around and it smashes against the wooden wall as Kraw ducks out of the way.


"Heh he he he he he...I'm gonna smash your face...he he he he he"

The giggling turns into a crazed high pitch by the end.

Round 3
OOC: I'm adjusting the round start and end to align with Giggle's so that wasn't a surprise round, he just moved into the room from the north room on his action and attacked.

NameInitiativeACHPAttackDamageStatus
Cordelia161310/10Xbow +11d8-
Giggles1215HealthyFlail +41d8+2-
Kraw61710/10Kurki +2, Bite +11d4+1/1d4/1d3-
Anya61610/10Heavy Pick +21d6+2-
Yargin--Dying---
Dog #1--Dead---

Anya Vinniter
 player, 40 posts
Sat 7 Jul 2018
at 09:15
Re: [1.02] The Old Fishery
Anya, still holding her pick in her hand, quickly puts her hand in a pouch at her belt and draws... a playing card. A sudden twist of her hand, and she’s thrown it with awesome speed straight at the attacker! The card hits him in the face, cutting up what would first look to be an annoying face cut over the cheek - but the wound appears to be much deeper than that.


OOC:
Move: Draw card
Standard: Throw card at AC21 for 5 damage.

Cordelia Abbey
 Cleric, 21 posts
Sun 8 Jul 2018
at 04:13
Re: [1.02] The Old Fishery
Cordelia comes to an abrupt stop with Anya blocking the doorway, the priestess scowling unhappily as she sees Giggles through the gap. For a moment she considers the crossbow in her hands, before sighing and tugging on her holy symbol, brandishing it towards the room.

"Suffer."

A single word, then a wave of negative energy pulsed from the Changeling, ominously flowing around Kraw and Anya to lash at Giggles.


Standard: Channel Negative for 2 damage, Will DC 14 for half, Selective Channel to ignore Anya and Kraw.

This message was last edited by the player at 14:21, Sun 08 July 2018.

Kraw
 Rogue, 48 posts
Sun 8 Jul 2018
at 05:55
Re: [1.02] The Old Fishery
Kraw dodges the giggling orc's blow, and positions himself past the guard to flank him opposite Anya(P-16?). He foregoes trying an attack sequence, instead opting for a single thrust of his oversized knife, with a measure of success.

22:51, Today: Kraw rolled 26 using 1d20+8 with rolls of 18.  Acrobatics. Succeeds
vs Giggles' (CMD+5)

22:50, Today: Kraw rolled 18 using 1d20+4 with rolls of 14.  single Kukri attack.
Hit!

22:50, Today: Kraw rolled 2 using 1d4+1 with rolls of 1.  Kukri damage.

22:50, Today: Kraw rolled 3 using 1d8 with rolls of 3.  Sneak attack damage.


2 damage done

edit: Just saw map. No flank achieved yet.

This message was last edited by the player at 08:38, Sun 08 July 2018.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 75 posts
 Teller of tales
 Lord of lies
Mon 9 Jul 2018
at 00:16
Re: [1.02] The Old Fishery
Round 3
Kraw tumbles to the other side of Giggles and stabs him with a kukri.

Anya flicks a card at Giggles causing a massive wound to his side as the card sticks into his gut.

Round 4

Cordelia causes a wave of negative energy to burst out and smash into Giggles literally draining the life out of him.

Giggles continues to giggle in a high pitched voice. He glances at the exit doors but they are all blocked so he just whirls his flail around and smashes it at Kraw who easily ducks out of the way.



NameInitiativeACHPAttackDamageStatus
Cordelia161310/10Xbow +11d8-
Giggles1215MauledFlail +41d8+2-
Kraw61710/10Kurki +2, Bite +11d4+1/1d4/1d3-
Anya61610/10Heavy Pick +21d6+2-
Yargin--Dying---
Dog #1--Dead---

HealthyBruisedHurtInjuredWoundedMauledCrippledDyingDead
100%99% - 75%75% - 60%60% - 45%45% - 30%30% - 15%15% - 0%0% >Dead

Anya Vinniter
 player, 43 posts
Mon 9 Jul 2018
at 05:11
Re: [1.02] The Old Fishery
Anya draws another card and sends it flying at a dangerous speed, over Giggles’ shoulder... She then steps up towards him, waving her pick threatening around him.


Move: Draw card
Standard: Throw, missing (14)
5-foot step into Kraw’s previous position, now flanking with Kraw.

This message was last edited by the player at 07:39, Mon 09 July 2018.

Kraw
 Rogue, 51 posts
Mon 9 Jul 2018
at 12:33
Re: [1.02] The Old Fishery
Kraw stabs at Giggles, then pecks at him. Neither attempt manages to land. "stop giggling. Are you insane?" Kraw manages to spit out.


Kukri attack 8 on d20+6. Flanking.
Bite attack 14 on d20+1. Flanking. Both miss.
Cordelia Abbey
 Cleric, 23 posts
Tue 10 Jul 2018
at 01:07
Re: [1.02] The Old Fishery
Cordelia, a frown thoroughly affixed to her face at this point, finally decided to simply push forward to get a decent bead on giggles. Decent because there was the whole issue with Kraw going toe to tow with him and moving about, and the fact that she had to step over a dead, or maybe dying, Yargin and pop onto a chair . . . but apparently Calistria smiled on her thirst for vengeance against her old boss's minions. Her bolt flew true towards Giggles!



Move: 10ft to P13
Standard: Shoot the Giggly One!
Natural 20, no confirm, 6 Piercing.

18:04, Today: Cordelia Abbey rolled 17 using 1d20-3 with rolls of 20.  Hail mary crossbow shot.
18:04, Today: Cordelia Abbey rolled 1 using 1d20-3 with rolls of 4.  Confirmation?!
18:05, Today: Cordelia Abbey rolled 6 using 1d8 with rolls of 6.  Crossbow Dmg.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 76 posts
 Teller of tales
 Lord of lies
Tue 10 Jul 2018
at 01:31
Re: [1.02] The Old Fishery
Giggles drops to the ground with a shot through his chest...dead.

Now that there is a pause in the combat the group can pause and take stock of their surroundings. In this room they see a wooden desk in one corner of the room, its side preventing the western door from opening all the way. The table is heaped with dozens of slate boards covered with chalk scrawls, while to the east a cabinet slouches against the wall. To the south, a few moldy boards had been nailed over a door but now fall to the wayside.

The room that they had rushed through appeared to be the front room of the operation. A single desk is in the middle of this room, a moldy chair pushed up against the far side. A small pile of ratty furs and straw is heaped under the table.

OOC: Obvious exits are to North where Giggles just came from, and to the West, East, and North from the front room.
Kraw
 Rogue, 52 posts
Wed 11 Jul 2018
at 18:28
Re: [1.02] The Old Fishery
Kraw pats down Giggles for anything of value, taking the weapon for selling. He uses the handle to move aside the furs and straw to reveal anything hidden.
Anya Vinniter
 player, 44 posts
Thu 12 Jul 2018
at 07:04
Re: [1.02] The Old Fishery
Anya does like Kraw, and searches Yargin for anything of value. “Where to, there?” She points to where Giggles came from. Anya begins a quick search of the desk, but just lifting up a piece of paper she gets dust in her eye, and takes a moment to struggle and get it out.
OOC: Rolled a 1 for a perception of 2.
She then moves towards the door Giggles came from, waiting a moment to see if the others insist on some other course of action.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 80 posts
 Teller of tales
 Lord of lies
Thu 12 Jul 2018
at 15:22
Re: [1.02] The Old Fishery
Poking around the two rooms the group finds a couple fistfuls of copper pieces plus a variety of equipment off of the two dead thugs.

Unfortunately nobody in the group is able to figure out exactly what any of it is. Yargrin seems to have a large amount of alchemical looking vials and items on him as well as a shiny gem and a small old key.

OOC: See the Equipment thread for updates on found items.
Anya Vinniter
 player, 48 posts
Thu 12 Jul 2018
at 15:55
Re: [1.02] The Old Fishery
Anya puts the three bottles and the fancy stick from Yargin in bags on her belt, attaches the dagger to her belt with a piece of string, and pockets the few coppers found.
"Grab what you can use, we can divide things up if we get out of here well and alive. He had a couple more of those flasks he threw, I've got them. Any of you have a backpack to carry stuff?"
Anya is no stranger to robbery, and now that the thugs are dead she gets right to it. She would have, had they only knocked them out, too.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 81 posts
 Teller of tales
 Lord of lies
Fri 13 Jul 2018
at 04:27
Re: [1.02] The Old Fishery
Peeking into the room Giggles came from, Anya sees a large work room. The floor here is slick with seawater, bits of seaweed, and fish blood—the air is thick with the accompanying scent. Wooden catwalks to the West and East allow access to the Southern part of the fishery, while the floor here is only five feet above the river below. An open bay to the East allows direct access to the sloppy, muddy water, while to the Southwest stands an immense ten-foot-tall wooden vat, its sides caked and waterproofed with tar. Inside is a foul-looking mixture of chum, seawater, and who knows what else.

To the North are stacked many barrels and crates, each marked in paint with a fish. Nearly two dozen small hammocks hang from under the catwalks, each with its own ratty blanket and pillow.

Five young children, ages ranging from preteen to mid-teens are moving about the room working. Two of them are using long oar-like stirring rods to mix up the slurry inside the giant vat. Three of the kids are busy either calling out for more fish from the room to the South or else transporting water up to dump into the vat from the river below.
Anya Vinniter
 player, 49 posts
Fri 13 Jul 2018
at 05:06
Re: [1.02] The Old Fishery
That Varisian charm found at the entrance... Anya has felt a sting of sorrow as she saw it. She does not know of any kid in particular who could be one of Gaedren’s Lambs, she does not know many kids at all. But just suspecting that one or two might be taken from her little community... That’s a poisoned dagger thrown straight at the peaceful families of Trail’s End. The wound such a thing can cause, and how he poison can spread among simple, kind people. For a moment she imagined what it would be like if she herself had been taken by Gaedren at a young age... but then she pushes that thought away.

Anya steps out onto the catwalk and raises her voice - attempting to make her words sound urgent, while she does not want to scream and wake up the whole house. ”Hey! This way to the street - get out of here! We’ll handle Gaedren! Go find your parents!”
Kraw
 Rogue, 54 posts
Fri 13 Jul 2018
at 13:15
Re: [1.02] The Old Fishery
Kraw packs his backpack with the goods and sundries they found. Kraw then peeks out into the door Giggles came from and looks for alternate means of leaving the room. Such as a hidden door might be evident. If this noise hadn't drawn Gaedren, then perhaps he was in a hole behind thick walls. If so, Kraw will search this place, knocking on walls to determine if any gives a hollow echo.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 82 posts
 Teller of tales
 Lord of lies
Fri 13 Jul 2018
at 13:46
Re: [1.02] The Old Fishery
The kids are all startled when Anya shouts at them. They immediately drop their gear and rush to the farthest corner away from Anya and coincidentally the exits. They look fearful of what Anya is planning to do compared to the punishment they might receive for stopping their work.

OOC: As a reminder there is a lot of unexplored rooms before you start knocking on walls.

All those white squares are closed doors...

Anya Vinniter
 player, 50 posts
Fri 13 Jul 2018
at 20:05
[1.02] The Old Fishery
"Oh, no, I didn't mean to shout at you!" Anya says from the catwalk. Trying to sound nice, while more likely to be interpreted as whining, she adds "Please, please, would you come up here? We can help you back to your mothers and fathers!"
OOC: Diplomacy 13

With a sigh, she turns around to the group back in the room with the dead thugs. "Any of you good with kids?"
Anya Vinniter
 player, 51 posts
Fri 13 Jul 2018
at 20:08
[1.02] The Old Fishery
Then, seeing Kraw's detailed investigation of the little house, she remembers what happened before the fight started. "Find anything when you scouted around? How far did you get? We were just standing out there when that man, Yargin, came at us."
Dungeon Master
 GM, 84 posts
 Teller of tales
 Lord of lies
Sat 14 Jul 2018
at 01:02
[1.02] The Old Fishery
The kids continue to whimper and clutch one another in terror.
Anya Vinniter
 player, 52 posts
Sat 14 Jul 2018
at 08:08
[1.02] The Old Fishery
Anya looks down at her hand, realizing she’s still holding the large pick which has some of Garmins’s blood on it... Some first impression on those kids...
Looking around for doors, kids and enemies as she waits for Kraw’s response, she then says “Hey, there’s a door around on the other side this big room, leads to around there somewhere.” she points at the door that goes to the left from the main entrance, where Cordelia is. ”Maybe not, but maybe we can get into the same rooms or corridors from opposite sides, surprise them. I’ll go around.”
Anya begins working her way around the catwalk, down to the floor, and up the stairs on the other side of the room, preparing to open the door there.
OOC: Anya goes to O8
Kraw
 Rogue, 55 posts
Sat 14 Jul 2018
at 09:51
[1.02] The Old Fishery
Kraw moves to R14 to check out the room there. He listens.


Perception 18 on d20+8.

This message was last edited by the player at 14:29, Sat 14 July 2018.

Anya Vinniter
 player, 53 posts
Sat 14 Jul 2018
at 11:25
[1.02] The Old Fishery
Hearing Kraw move, Anya opens the door and looks inside - preparing for what she may encounter, hoping for the others to be able to get to the same place relatively quickly.

Position: O8. (to Kraw: O8 is far to the left on the group 0 map, you should at least see it as a black square :o )

This message was last edited by the player at 16:40, Sat 14 July 2018.

Cordelia Abbey
 Cleric, 26 posts
Sat 14 Jul 2018
at 16:07
[1.02] The Old Fishery
Cordelia frowns deeply, only narrowly resisting the urge to begin kicking a few corpses, before she joined the efforts in looting and figuring out what was what. Alas, everyone seemed to pretty quickly move about while she was still fiddling with loot. She simply continued with her own work, eye-ing the bags of glue with extra disdain, despite taking them. A peek in on the room full of children brought back more bad memories than good, and for a moment she considered speaking to the little ones . . . Yes, vengeance could wait a few moments while the others investigate. She moved next to Anya and murmured "Yell if you need me, I may be able to get the children out of here." before she moved into the glue-making room and (for once) smiled.

"It would be best if you all leave, and take refuge in one of the churches. I used to be one of his Lambs, but I escaped after he decided to stab me and leave me for dead. The priestess of Calistria took me in, and made me strong, strong enough to come back and make sure Gaedren Lamm won't be able to hurt anyone else after tonight. For you all, I suggest you move quickly and quietly to the temple of Sarenrae. There are plenty of healers there, and they're all bleeding hearts. Either that or slip to North Point and Shelyn's faithful can give you a hand, if you don't want to deal with moving about in the Heights. Run now, and you can all be free."

A priestess of Calistria she might be, but it was pretty awkward trying to speak with a bunch of scared kids, even if she used to be one of them. Honestly dealing with taking secrets from horny nobles, or exacting vengeance on people, was just so much easier.


09:00, Today: Cordelia Abbey rolled 14 using 1d20+7 with rolls of 7.  Diplomacy.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 86 posts
 Teller of tales
 Lord of lies
Sat 14 Jul 2018
at 20:40
[1.02] The Old Fishery
The kids continue to whimper and clutch one another in terror. From their perspective a bunch of heavily armed mercenaries with blood on their gear is asking them to abandon their position and trust persons unknown.

These kids have survived too long to be that trusting of strangers or willing to cross Gaedron.

OOC: You will not be able to influence them via diplomacy. You could still try to intimidate them otherwise they will just continue to flee from the group whenever they are seen.
Anya Vinniter
 player, 57 posts
Sun 15 Jul 2018
at 14:43
[1.02] The Old Fishery
Anya looks towards Cordelia and Kraw who look out from the catwalk. She motions to them, tries to point for them to go back in - towards any of the doors by the entrance room, so that they could search the rest of the place from different direction. Hopefully, they would be able to either stop someone from escaping, or otherwise gain an advantage in a combat... After giving them a few seconds, she opens the door.

OOC: From O8, opening door down on the map.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 87 posts
 Teller of tales
 Lord of lies
Tue 17 Jul 2018
at 19:19
[1.02] The Old Fishery
The stink in this room, a mixture of fish and sweat, is enough to make the eyes water. To the east, a large wooden trough holds a hideous mound of half-rancid fish, seaweed, and brine. Filthy seawater and fish blood stain the floor around this trough. A pair of wooden chutes lead from this trough through holes in the northern wall into a larger room to the East. To the West, a desk and chair sit in one corner while a tall cabinet sits in the other.

Six more Lamb's are going through the motions of work but they clearly have heard the signs of battle as they all freeze when the party opens up the door.

OOC: As this is a new group of children, you can make a new diplomacy/intimidate check on them if you would like. DC 15
Anya Vinniter
 player, 58 posts
Wed 18 Jul 2018
at 07:03
[1.02] The Old Fishery
"Hey kids!" Anya steps past the first child into the room. "This here is Kraw and Cordelia, I'm Anya. Cordelia is going to help you and your friends get out of here, eh, back to mommy and daddy. Okay?" Nervously, Anya walks towards the middle of the room, tightly gripping the pick, seemingly preparing for a fight.

OOC: Aid Cordelia's diplomacy: failed. Move to S9.
Kraw
 Rogue, 58 posts
Wed 18 Jul 2018
at 14:07
[1.02] The Old Fishery
Kraw points at the figure at S10. "Hey, waitaminute. That's no kid. That's a gnome. He works for Lamm." Kraw readies both kamas.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 88 posts
 Teller of tales
 Lord of lies
Thu 19 Jul 2018
at 11:17
[1.02] The Old Fishery
The gnome quickly goes for a blade as the party readies their own weapons.




NameInitiativeACHPAttackDamageStatus
Kraw231710/10Kurki +2, Bite +11d4+1/1d4/1d3-
Hookshanks20??HealthyKukri+21d3-1-
Cordelia91310/10Xbow +11d8-
Anya71610/10Heavy Pick +21d6+2-


HealthyBruisedHurtInjuredWoundedMauledCrippledDyingDead
100%99% - 75%75% - 60%60% - 45%45% - 30%30% - 15%15% - 0%0% >Dead

Anya Vinniter
 player, 59 posts
Thu 19 Jul 2018
at 22:40
[1.02] The Old Fishery
Anya draws her breath, draws a card, and throws it at the gnome. She is very uncomfortable fighting among the children.


OOC:
Move: draw card
Standard: Throw, hitting AC16 for 5 points of damage.

Since Anya is last in the order, in case he moves up: her attack roll with a pick is 2 lower, and she'd hit AC14 for 8 points of damage. She does have precise shot though, so besides bonuses to AC her ranged roll should remain the same if he doesn't move up to her.

Cordelia Abbey
 Cleric, 28 posts
Thu 19 Jul 2018
at 23:06
[1.02] The Old Fishery
More rooms, more disgusting nonsense, more children enslaved to do Lamm's bidding. Honestly it was disconcerting how nostalgic this all made her. While the earlier children wouldn't listen, maybe these ones would and escape? Before she got a chance though the Tengu pointed out a gnome amidst the bunch, one with a big blade! (Relatively speaking)

"Children, quickly now, you can flee! Take the front door, get to the temples and you'll be okay!"


Making a diplomacy check to get the kids to flee to safety, considering the situation and the initiative order.
16:00, Today: Cordelia Abbey rolled 16 using 1d20+7 with rolls of 9.  Diplomacy.

Kraw
 Rogue, 59 posts
Thu 19 Jul 2018
at 23:53
[1.02] The Old Fishery
Kraw, seeing no one in front of him moving, tries to jump past his group and the child beyond, seeking room to fight. He is not entirely successful.

Trying for 6 spaces south (R-08?)

Acrobatics 12 on d20+8.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 89 posts
 Teller of tales
 Lord of lies
Fri 20 Jul 2018
at 00:14
[1.02] The Old Fishery
Kraw tries to shove his way to the front but nearly loses his footing on the narrow and rickety walkway.

Hookshanks pulls out a knife from a wrist sheath and buries it into the doorway right next to Anya's head.

Cordellia calls out to the children who seeing Hookshanks distracted all bolt out the various exits of the room. Hookshanks calls out threats to them but they are already out the door and gone...gone...gone...

Anya empowers a card and sends it flying into Hookshank's tiny chest.




Round 2

NameInitiativeACHPAttackDamageStatus
Kraw231710/10Kurki +2, Bite +11d4+1/1d4/1d3-
Hookshanks2015InjuredKukri+21d3-1-
Cordelia91310/10Xbow +11d8-
Anya71610/10Heavy Pick +21d6+2-


HealthyBruisedHurtInjuredWoundedMauledCrippledDyingDead
100%99% - 75%75% - 60%60% - 45%45% - 30%30% - 15%15% - 0%0% >Dead

Kraw
 Rogue, 60 posts
Fri 20 Jul 2018
at 08:07
[1.02] The Old Fishery
Kraw once more tries to tumble to Q8. He succeeds in getting past his allies, and throws a dagger at the gnome which misses. He says "Hookshanks, where's your slimy boss? It's his birthday, and I have a present for him..."


01:03, Today: Kraw rolled 25 using 1d20+8 with rolls of 17.  Acrobatics.
Tumble to Q-08.
01:04, Today: Kraw rolled 12 using 1d20+4 with rolls of 8.  ranged dagger throw. Miss!

This message was last edited by the player at 09:33, Fri 20 July 2018.

Anya Vinniter
 player, 60 posts
Fri 20 Jul 2018
at 09:21
[1.02] The Old Fishery
"Fantastic, Cordelia! Now let's get him!" Anya draws another card which she sends flying, the card strengthened by her magic, but this time she wants it too much. She throws too hard, the card folds in flight, takes a quick turn straight up and bounces harmlessly off the ceiling.


OOC:
Move: draw card,
Standard: Throw, hitting AC6.

This message was last edited by the player at 09:22, Fri 20 July 2018.

Cordelia Abbey
 Cleric, 29 posts
Sat 21 Jul 2018
at 21:01
[1.02] The Old Fishery
There was something just a little bit satisfying about THESE children listening to her and getting away, hopefully to the safety of the various temples around the city. Either way it'd be better than being working for Lamm, just waiting for him to get drunk or lose his temper and slit their throats. Now she was able to devote her full attention to the gnome, leaning ever so slightly to the side to look past Anya's shoulder. A loud twang and her bolt just past Anya in a dead shot for Hookshank's throat.

She most certainly did not look surprised at actually using the silly weapon properly, instead reloading it.


Crit, confirmed on 17, 12 damage at Hookshanks. Reload as a move action.
13:57, Today: Cordelia Abbey rolled 12 using 2d8 with rolls of 8,4.  Xbow Damage.
13:56, Today: Cordelia Abbey rolled 17 using 1d20+1 with rolls of 16.  Crit Confirm.
13:56, Today: Cordelia Abbey rolled 21 using 1d20+1 with rolls of 20.  Xbow Shot.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 90 posts
 Teller of tales
 Lord of lies
Wed 25 Jul 2018
at 07:25
[1.02] The Old Fishery
Hookshanks responds by slashing Kraw with a deep cut.
OOC: Kraw takes 4 pts of slashing damage. New HP: 6/10

Cordelia shoots Hookshanks through the eye and the gnome drops dead.

OOC: Combat has ended!
Anya Vinniter
 player, 61 posts
Wed 25 Jul 2018
at 09:24
[1.02] The Old Fishery
Anya searches the gnome’s body. ”Kraw, tell us about your scouting - find anything? We don’t have many rooms left, which one do you think he is in?”
Kraw
 Rogue, 61 posts
Wed 25 Jul 2018
at 15:10
[1.02] The Old Fishery
"If I knew, I'd go there direct. I'm searching as well as you. Not likely upstairs, though. Lamm would want an escape route."
Anya Vinniter
 player, 63 posts
Wed 25 Jul 2018
at 17:08
[1.02] The Old Fishery
Anya throws Cordelia the rusty key. ”You took the last key, right? Someone with a backpack should take the rest of this.” she says, swiftly pulling the - to an ordinary person like her - expensive armor off of the gnome. She then opens the door to the west, pick in hand.

OOC: Opens doors to the west from S8.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 92 posts
 Teller of tales
 Lord of lies
Wed 25 Jul 2018
at 20:50
[1.02] The Old Fishery
The doors are already open as many of the kids ran away this way after Anya chased them out. Inside is just a loading dock, now empty besides for a cart half filled with the fish slurry to be sold down by the wharfs.
Anya Vinniter
 player, 64 posts
Thu 26 Jul 2018
at 18:11
[1.02] The Old Fishery
”Alright, looks like there’s one more room. Come, get ready, I’ll open!” Anya fastens her pick to her belt, and grabs a card in one hand, then - when everyone is gathered in the entrance room, she opens the door to the room to the east.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 93 posts
 Teller of tales
 Lord of lies
Fri 27 Jul 2018
at 04:29
[1.02] The Old Fishery
Opening up the last door reveals...an empty bedroom. A pair of bunk beds sit against athe far wall on either side of a boarded up window.

Double checking the floor the only thing that the keys might possibly go to is a cabinet in the corner of the workshop. There doesn't appear to be any other exits or hidden chambers on this floor. Judging from the size of the building though it might be possible for there to be a basement of sorts although how to get down there would be a mystery. From what Kraw saw of the side of the building one could probably access the lower level via a rowboat unless another way could be found...
Kraw
 Rogue, 63 posts
Fri 27 Jul 2018
at 12:38
[1.02] The Old Fishery
Kraw thinks about what he's seen thus far. "Only other thing that might lead to a lower level is that boat out back. It might have a tunnel from the lower deck to some sort of bolthole. Shall we check it out?"
Anya Vinniter
 player, 65 posts
Fri 27 Jul 2018
at 14:11
[1.02] The Old Fishery
”Oh... Sure.” Anya turns and walks out of the room, again tucking her card back in her bag and grabbing her pick. She holds it up towards the others. “If he’s hidden away, there might be more surprises coming for us. Be ready.” On the way towards the boat, she says ”You know... It feels strange, if we’ll actually find him. This hidden away man... From what I’ve seen, the guards don’t even care about him since they just can’t find him. But I would be glad if we did... He got me hooked, I got stuck with that life-ruining shiver. Years ago. And over in Trail’s End, there’s more children going into crime every day, shiver pushes them there. Knowing what an evil man he is, I wouldn’t hesitate if it came to killing him. How about you?”
Dungeon Master
 GM, 94 posts
 Teller of tales
 Lord of lies
Fri 27 Jul 2018
at 18:35
[1.02] The Old Fishery
OOC: Who's going down the stairs first?
Anya Vinniter
 player, 66 posts
Fri 27 Jul 2018
at 19:03
[1.02] The Old Fishery
OOC: Anya is open to do so, but would happily let anyone else first if they want to. There's several possible strategies - Keeping Kraw mobile, keeping Anya at range at first. So whoever posts they want to go first, or just go with Anya if you'd like GM.
Cordelia Abbey
 Cleric, 30 posts
Sat 28 Jul 2018
at 17:58
[1.02] The Old Fishery
Cordelia fumbles for a bit but manages to catch the thrown key, putting it away before reloading her crossbow once more. Apparently she'd be the keeper of the keys today? With a shrug she followed along behind the group, covering their backs. As Anya immediately turns around, Cordelia blinks, before pointing to the cabinet.

"Are we just . . . going to ignore that?"

Well, Cordelia would at least try to take a peek, what with those keys of hers after all.


OOC: I'd like to check the obvious cabinet first, but when we end up going down (assuming nothing Cordelia might find would change things up) Cordy will take the rear.
Kraw
 Rogue, 64 posts
Sun 29 Jul 2018
at 10:14
[1.02] The Old Fishery
Kraw replies "Naw, I'll take a look at it. 'Course, you might have the key there to use if this doesn't work..." Kraw tries to pick the lock after looking it over.


03:14, Today: Kraw rolled 21 using 1d20+8 with rolls of 13.  Look for traps.

03:12, Today: Kraw rolled 14 using 1d20+8 with rolls of 6.  Disable Device/Pick lock.

This message was last edited by the player at 10:15, Sun 29 July 2018.

Anya Vinniter
 player, 67 posts
Sun 29 Jul 2018
at 16:45
[1.02] The Old Fishery
Anya stops in the door and turns back. ”Oh. I’m too focused on finding Gaedren I suppose, there might be something we can use in there...”
Dungeon Master
 GM, 96 posts
 Teller of tales
 Lord of lies
Sun 29 Jul 2018
at 17:19
[1.02] The Old Fishery
Kraw doesn't find any traps and one of the small keys works to unlock the cabinet. Inside the cabinet are six small pouches, four of which contain fifty copper pieces and the remaining two have fifty silver pieces each.




Going down into the depths of the ship means passing through sheets of cobwebs and dank, musty air. The bowels of the ship is dark as the windows are covered with thick sheets of cobweb and dust and so the only real light source is what comes down through the stairwell from the deck above.

OOC: Dim lighting in a 5' radius around the stairwell (20% mischance unless you have darkvision) and complete darkness (those without darkvision are blinded)

From what the group can see there are several barrels, crates, and other containers stacked here and there and a shallow layer of river water has collected into puddles. A soft scratching sound can be heard from behind the crates.

Cordelia hears something from behind her and just barely has time to give a shout of warning before spiders start swarming out of the shadows to attack.




Round 1

A spider rushes up from behind Coredelia and bites on her exposed ankle. While the bite isn't too bad it does hurt and she can feel the wound burning a bit.
OOC: Cordelia takes 1 pt of non-lethal damage and must make a Fort save vs. DC 10

NameInitiativeACHPAttackDamageStatus
Drain Spider #622??HealthyBite +41d3-3-
Anya201610/10Heavy Pick +21d6+2-
Drain Spider #320??HealthyBite +41d3-3-
Drain Spider #216??HealthyBite +41d3-3-
Kraw7176/10Kurki +2, Bite +11d4+1/1d4/1d3-
Drain Spider #57??HealthyBite +41d3-3-
Drain Spider #16??HealthyBite +41d3-3-
Drain Spider #45??HealthyBite +41d3-3-
Cordelia21310/10Xbow +11d81 NL



HealthyBruisedHurtInjuredWoundedMauledCrippledDyingDead
100%99% - 75%75% - 60%60% - 45%45% - 30%30% - 15%15% - 0%0% >Dead

Anya Vinniter
 player, 68 posts
Sun 29 Jul 2018
at 17:51
[1.02] The Old Fishery
Anya steps towards the side of the ship, holding her pick ready for an attack. ”Anyone have a torch?!”

OOC: Five-foot step to G31
Standard: ready to attack a spider that comes in reach. The attack will be a swing and miss at ac7!

Kraw
 Rogue, 66 posts
Mon 30 Jul 2018
at 14:42
[1.02] The Old Fishery
Kraw steps to G32. He tries to grapple/stomp spider#3.

Grapple/stomp 5 on d20+1.

OOC:Can we use Dexterity instead of Strength for Grapple if we have Finesse training?
Dungeon Master
 GM, 98 posts
 Teller of tales
 Lord of lies
Tue 31 Jul 2018
at 22:49
[1.02] The Old Fishery
Round 1 cont.

Anya throws a card and misses, sinking it into the rotting wood.

Two drain spiders move up, one at Kraw and one at Anya. Both adventurers stomp their feet and keep the spiders at bay.

Kraw puts down his foot, trapping Spider #2. As he does though the spider bites his foot creating a painful wound.
OOC: Kraw triggers an Attack of Opportunity for attempting a grapple and the spider hits AC 19 for it's AoO. Kraw takes 1 point of non-lethal and must make a DC 10 Fort save.


More spiders swarm up. Cordelia and Kraw are bit again while Anya defends herself.
OOC: Cordelia and Kraw takes 1 point of NL and must make another DC 10 fort save




NameInitiativeACHPAttackDamageStatus
Drain Spider #622??HealthyBite +41d3-3-
Anya201610/10Heavy Pick +21d6+2-
Drain Spider #320??HealthyBite +01d3-3-
Drain Spider #216??HealthyBite +41d3-3Grappled
Kraw7156/10Kurki +2, Bite +11d4+1/1d4/1d32 NL, Grappled
Drain Spider #57??HealthyBite +41d3-3-
Drain Spider #16??HealthyBite +41d3-3-
Drain Spider #45??HealthyBite +41d3-3-
Cordelia21310/10Xbow +11d82 NL

* Grappled: -2 on attack rolls and combat maneuvers (excluding grapple checks), -4 penalty to Dex

HealthyBruisedHurtInjuredWoundedMauledCrippledDyingDead
100%99% - 75%75% - 60%60% - 45%45% - 30%30% - 15%15% - 0%0% >Dead






OOC: Cordelia can go to finish out Round 1 and Kraw/Anya can take their Round 2 actions.
Anya Vinniter
 player, 71 posts
Tue 31 Jul 2018
at 23:38
[1.02] The Old Fishery
Anya swings her pick at one of the spiders, yelling "Now, you have it grabbed - stomp it!"

OOC:
Standard: Attack, hitting AC21 for 3 damage.

Cordelia Abbey
 Cleric, 31 posts
Wed 1 Aug 2018
at 02:37
[1.02] The Old Fishery
Oh god spiders why?! Cordelia let out a yelp of pain as the biting began, kicking and flailing to try and keep the nasty things at bay. Even as the pain began to burn, she pulled on her holy symbol and took note of her allies positions.

"Begone!"

A flare, and noxious energy swarmed around her, spreading out and once again avoiding her companions.


Channel Negative Energy.
19:33, Today: Cordelia Abbey rolled 4 using 1d6 with rolls of 4.  Negative.
19:34, Today: Cordelia Abbey rolled 7 using 1d20+4 with rolls of 3.  Fort Save.
19:34, Today: Cordelia Abbey rolled 7 using 1d20+4 with rolls of 3.  Fort Save.

Kraw
 Rogue, 67 posts
Wed 1 Aug 2018
at 07:55
[1.02] The Old Fishery
Kraw brushes aside the first bite, but cannot stifle a yelp at the second. He takes control of the grapple and brings his Kukri down upon it.

Fort Save 20 on d20+2.
Fort Save 3 on d20+2.

Grapple confirm 20 on d20+6.
Kukri damage 3 on d4+1.

OOC: Is that the right way to resolve it? It doesn't seem right
Dungeon Master
 GM, 99 posts
 Teller of tales
 Lord of lies
Thu 2 Aug 2018
at 20:53
[1.02] The Old Fishery
<b>Round 1 cont.

Cordelia lets loose another sickly blast of negative energy. 4 of the spiders all curl up and die while the other stay standing but don't look too good.

OOC: Only spiders 1 and 4 make their save
Cordelia takes 1 pt of strength damage. Due to double exposure subsequent DCs are now 12. Please continue to make Fort saves vs. DC 12




Anya steps back (to avoid the AoO) and flicks a card at the wounded spider, bisecting it in half.

Kraw steps off the stairwell and uses his knives to kill the last spider.

OOC: Combat has ended! Each character earns 200xp for the encounter


|! Name |! Initiative |! AC |! HP |! Attack |! Damage |! Status |

Anya201610/10Heavy Pick +21d6+2-
Kraw7156/10Kurki +2, Bite +11d4+1/1d4/1d32 NL, -1 STR
Cordelia21310/10Xbow +11d82 NL, -1 STR




HealthyBruisedHurtInjuredWoundedMauledCrippledDyingDead
100%99% - 75%75% - 60%60% - 45%45% - 30%30% - 15%15% - 0%0% >Dead




OOC: Kraw and Cordelia are still poisoned so we are still acting in a round-by-round status in case people would like to attempt to use Heal to treat poisons. DC is 10 for Kraw, 12 for Cordelia.

Cordelia Abbey
 Cleric, 32 posts
Sun 5 Aug 2018
at 14:35
[1.02] The Old Fishery
With the collapse of the spiders Cordelia slumps down as well, wincing at the pain from her bites. This . . . yep, she could feel the weakness seeping into her bones. "Poison." Fortunately she's not a bad healer, and proceeds to start taking care of herself as best she can.

"Anyone else feeling the burn?"

The last thing the group needs is to be suffering from spider bites when they find Lamm. He'd be just the type of prick that would take advantage of it!



OOC: 07:31, Today: Cordelia Abbey rolled 19 using 1d20+7 with rolls of 12.  Heal Check Self.
07:32, Today: Cordelia Abbey rolled 6 using 1d20+4 with rolls of 2.  Fort Save if necessary.

Anya Vinniter
 player, 73 posts
Mon 6 Aug 2018
at 08:15
[1.02] The Old Fishery
”I got away without a bite... Anyone have a torch? I can’t see anything down here.” Anya tries to look around while the others care for their wounds, but find only darkness.
Kraw
 Rogue, 69 posts
Mon 6 Aug 2018
at 09:24
[1.02] The Old Fishery
"I got bitten too. Kind of feels numb where they bit me" Kraw says as he looks around.


Fort Save 16 on d20+2.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 101 posts
 Teller of tales
 Lord of lies
Mon 6 Aug 2018
at 19:31
[1.02] The Old Fishery
Kraw feels the burn go away and by carefully tying off her leg Cordellia thins out the poison as well. The hold is still too dark to see anything clearly though.
Kraw
 Rogue, 71 posts
Tue 14 Aug 2018
at 01:15
[1.02] The Old Fishery
Kraw shrugs, then pulls out a thin rod. Activating the Sunrod suddenly gives them light to see by, and he holds it in his off hand. He looks around the room for anything of interest.

Take 10 on Perception for a 18 result.

This message was last edited by the player at 01:15, Tue 14 Aug 2018.

Anya Vinniter
 player, 75 posts
Tue 14 Aug 2018
at 20:42
[1.02] The Old Fishery
"Oh, good!"
Anya at once starts looking around, carefully (much too carefully) avoiding all the spider webs...

OOC: Perception of 11 :(
Dungeon Master
 GM, 105 posts
 Teller of tales
 Lord of lies
Wed 15 Aug 2018
at 05:00
[1.02] The Old Fishery
Taking a careful look at the walls Kraw notices a seam and he and Anya are able to pry open a secret hatch in the side of the ship.

On the other side they see a narrow space that exists under the fishery, with about four feet of room between the floor of the building above and the languid, foamy river water below. In the water underneath the hole in the fishery above is circling the fin of a jigsaw shark.

Wooden pilings support the building, and moss and cobwebs hang thick from ropes and rusted chains between them. A wooden walkway floats on the river surface, winding along the inner wall of pilings that supports the building’s frame above, leading from the sodden barge to the east all the way west to a wooden door that leads into an understructure below the fishery’s landbound half.
Anya Vinniter
 player, 76 posts
Thu 16 Aug 2018
at 11:59
[1.02] The Old Fishery
”Wow, did not see this coming...” Anya says, looking out towards the hideout at sea level. She climbs out onto the walkway, and carefully walks forward - seeing as the walkway is floating on the water, she realizes a misstep or broken board would likely put her straight in the water... But hopefully, the shark will stay down there.

Anya studies the building in front of her as she walks.

OOC: Does the building appear to be the same size as above, or smaller? If it looks like just one small room, she might cast a spell before entering - expecting Gaedren to be hiding in there. With no clear indication however, she’d hold off on the spellcasting... (can’t see the correct map, I think it’s because I’m on my phone.)
Dungeon Master
 GM, 107 posts
 Teller of tales
 Lord of lies
Thu 16 Aug 2018
at 12:24
[1.02] The Old Fishery
OOC: Not your phone, looks like I didnt upload the new map

The lower level building looks to be about half the size of the fishery’s first floor. The main processing plant section is overhanging the water but the rooms closer to shore like the offices and barracks are built over the lower level. It could be a single room, it could be several.
Kraw
 Rogue, 73 posts
Thu 16 Aug 2018
at 12:41
[1.02] The Old Fishery
Kraw walks carefully behind Anya. "I probably ought to have gone first" he says. "If the entrance to Gaedrun's hideout is trapped, you'll need me there to try to disarm it".
Anya Vinniter
 player, 77 posts
Thu 16 Aug 2018
at 14:31
[1.02] The Old Fishery
”Good idea, you try that!” Anya squeezes past Kraw to let him through to the door.
Cordelia Abbey
 Cleric, 35 posts
Thu 16 Aug 2018
at 21:54
[1.02] The Old Fishery
Cordelia follows into the hold and seeing the disappearing light through the hole in the side of the ship, she moves quickly to the edge of the boat.  Then once she sees the walkway that is in front of them, she slows down and carefully brings up the rear.

She checks her crossbow as Kraw moves past Anya to make certain she has it loaded if she needs to shoot.  "I don't suppose we'd be so lucky to find Lamm in there." she says, half to herself, half to the others.
Anya Vinniter
 player, 79 posts
Sat 18 Aug 2018
at 10:53
[1.02] The Old Fishery
”It’s possible... I... I hope so.” Anya says. She lets her pick hang at her belt and draws a card, holding it ready in her hand. Once Kraw had inspected the door for traps, Anya followed him through it.
Kraw
 Rogue, 75 posts
Sat 18 Aug 2018
at 12:54
[1.02] The Old Fishery
Kraw examines the door. "Kinda wish I had Hookshank's body here. I'd hold it up as a shield in case Lamm is on the other side with a loaded crossbow." He looks over the door, and tries to open it (assuming it is locked).

05:51, Today: Kraw rolled 12 using 1d20+8 with rolls of 4.  Perception.
05:51, Today: Kraw rolled 15 using 1d20+8 with rolls of 7.  Disable Device.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 111 posts
 Teller of tales
 Lord of lies
Wed 22 Aug 2018
at 05:50
[1.02] The Old Fishery
Opening the door reveals Gaedren Lamm, that hunchbacked thieving snake, plague on Korvosa’s forgotten children, and all-around despicable wretch. He is sitting at table piled with copper coins and bits of jewelry with a jeweled dagger clutched in one hand.

When he locks eyes with the group a cruel smile crosses his face. He uses the dagger to gesture at Kraw and Anya.

"You two...so you're the ones making all that ruckus upstairs. So, you couldn't get enough shiver and now you're here looking to bargain at the end of a knife? Well good for you. Tell you what, you work for me and you can have all the shiver you want!"

He reaches into a pouch and pulls out a distinctive little cloth pouch that both Anya and Kraw recognize all too well. Gaedron then seems to take in Cordelia at the back of the crowd.

"And you! You ungrateful little wretch! I should have fed you to Gobblegut the moment you were dropped off at my door. I cared for you when nobody else would! I looked out for you when anyone else would have drowned a freak like you in the river and this is how you repay me?"

He uses his knife point to gesture between Anya, Kraw and Cordelia.

"Tell you what. Either one of you cuts out her heart and you can be my new right-hand man. Whatdya say?  You know I'm good for it? This little operation will mean you never have to work for your next fix again!"

He had a smug look on his face as though the winning move had already been made. At Gaedron's feet underneath the table was his pet alligator, Gobblegut, curled up and seemingly asleep although it was clear it was fully aware of the potential food that had just walked into Gaedron's room.
Anya Vinniter
 player, 80 posts
Wed 22 Aug 2018
at 21:32
[1.02] The Old Fishery
Anya kept on moving into the room, taking slow steps forward as Gaedren spoke, moving around the large hole in the floor rather than towards him. She stopped for a moment, fixing her gaze on the pouch in his hands, then looked back at his face and continued moving. "Stop it, Gaedren!" She pointed at him, then glanced quickly towards Kraw. "There's not gonna be another right hand for you! This city isn't for you anymore."


OOC: If allowed, Anya moves to T34. Ready to roll initiative when you guys are!
Kraw
 Rogue, 77 posts
Thu 23 Aug 2018
at 12:16
[1.02] The Old Fishery
Kraw moves forward to P-30, saying "Shiver! I need....I want..." as he palms a dagger from his belt and throws it at the seated man. "I want revenge is what I want. And your scaly pet won't care if it's your guts he eats or mine."

04:30, Today: Kraw rolled 19 using 1d20+4 with rolls of 15.  Initiative.
05:16, Today: Kraw rolled 15 using 1d20+8 with rolls of 7.  Sleight of Hand.

05:12, Today: Kraw rolled 11 using 1d20+2 with rolls of 9.  Thrown dagger attack, -2 for range.

05:13, Today: Kraw rolled 2 using 1d4+1 with rolls of 1.  Dagger damage.
05:16, Today: Kraw rolled 4 using 1d6 with rolls of 4.  Sneak attack, if applicable

This message was last edited by the player at 11:31, Sun 26 Aug 2018.

Cordelia Abbey
 Cleric, 37 posts
Thu 23 Aug 2018
at 19:08
[1.02] The Old Fishery
Cordelia holds her breath for a half moment as Gaedren makes his vile offer to her compatriots.   But as she sees actions unfold in front of her, she knows that she only has one enemy in the room, and the others with her would just as gladly see him dead as she would.

She just smiles at Lamm and asks innocently, "Miss me, did you?"

Suddenly, there are two of her grinning at the man as she and her twin both move closer to crocodile.

Move: Copycat - create a mirror image
Move: Move to P30
Standard: Channel Negative Energy - Lamm and croc - 4 damage Will Save for 2 damage.

12:03, Today: Cordelia Abbey rolled 4 using 1d6 with rolls of 4.  Channel Negative Energy Damage. - just realized I was out of range.  Not using yet.
12:03, Today: Cordelia Abbey rolled 16 using 1d20+1 with rolls of 15.  Initiative.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 114 posts
 Teller of tales
 Lord of lies
Wed 29 Aug 2018
at 03:03
[1.02] The Old Fishery
Surprise Round
Gaedron doesn't see the knife being palmed and Kraw's attack knicks the side of Gaedron's head.

OOC: Anya's action...

Cordelia creates an illusory double.




Round 1
Gaedron curses and pulls out his hand crossbow, fiddling and trying to load the thing while shouting for his pet alligator to attack the intruders.


|! Name |! Initiative |! AC |! HP |! Attack |! Damage |! Status |

Gaedron2113BruisedHand Xbow +71d4-
Anya211610/10Cards +31d4+2-
Kraw19156/10Kurki +2, Bite +11d4+1/1d4/1d32 NL, -1 STR
Cordelia161310/10Xbow +11d82 NL, -1 STR
Gobbleguts8??HealthyBite +5, Tail Slap +01d8+4, 1d12+2 

HealthyBruisedHurtInjuredWoundedMauledCrippledDyingDead
100%99% - 75%75% - 60%60% - 45%45% - 30%30% - 15%15% - 0%0% >Dead

Anya Vinniter
 player, 82 posts
Thu 30 Aug 2018
at 19:53
[1.02] The Old Fishery
OOC: Didn't think I was supposed to take any action before initiative was rolled ^_^

Anya casts a protective spell as she moves forward. Reaching the door, she puts her hand on her deck of cards in her pouch - holding it there for a moment as she enhances it with magical energy as she has practised before... Then she draws and flings a card at Gaedren's guardian pet.

OOC:
Round 1
Standard: Cast Shield
Move: Move to U29

Round 2
Swift: Enhance deck with Arcane Pool to +1.
Move: Draw card
Standard: Throw card at Gobbleguts, hitting (flat-footed?) AC 9 for 7 damage.

Cordelia Abbey
 Cleric, 38 posts
Fri 31 Aug 2018
at 16:15
[1.02] The Old Fishery
Cordelia smiles darkly as she sees that she is in range.  Her double fades before reforming again.  Both Cordelias fling her hands out and dark energy flows around the tengu at both the large crocodile and Lamm.  "I'm not quite the same anymore, Gaedron."

OOC:
Move: Copycat (lasts 1 round)
Standard - Channel Negative Energy - 6 damage - DC14 Save
09:12, Today: Cordelia Abbey rolled 6 using 1d6 with rolls of 6.  Channel Negative Energy.

Kraw
 Rogue, 81 posts
Wed 5 Sep 2018
at 14:17
[1.02] The Old Fishery
Kraw throws another dagger, missing badly.

Thrown dagger attack 5 on d20+2.

Kraw then tries to jump to a post in the water in an effort to circle the croc. This goes even less well.

Acrobatics 9 on d20+8. Fumble.

This message was last edited by the player at 00:03, Thu 06 Sept 2018.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 118 posts
 Teller of tales
 Lord of lies
Fri 7 Sep 2018
at 02:41
[1.02] The Old Fishery
Gaedron kicks at his alligator, pointing it towards Kraw.

"Go git 'em Gobbleguts. Go!"

OOC: Handle animal check failed.

The alligator turns its head and snaps at Gaedron, making a throaty hissing sound at the old man in the process.

Anya throws a magically glowing card at the alligator but its snapping motion at Gaedron causing the 10 of spades to miss and embed itself into the wooden planks of the floor.

Kraw tosses a knife as he tries crossing the gap to the other side but the wet and rotting planks give out beneath him as he jumps and he ends up landing in the water.

Cordelia lets out a blast of negative energy that drains the life out of both Gaedron and Gobbleguts. Dark tendrils reach out and seem to tear away at the souls of her enemies.

Gobbleguts stops snapping at Gaedron when it hears the splashin in the water. Moving on instinct it slides down and snaps at Kraw. Its jaws clamp down hard on Kraw's wing nearly breaking it. Jaws locked Gobbleguts starts to twist to perform a death roll and grind Kraw dead however Gobbleguts ended up getting more feather than bone and so when it twists it tears a large chunk of muscle and feathers out of Kraw's wing but Kraw is able to avoid almost certain death and pull free.

OOC: Lucky you. 5 pts of B/P/S damage but no grapple.


|! Name |! Initiative |! AC |! HP |! Attack |! Damage |! Status |

Gaedron2113InjuredHand Xbow +71d4-
Anya212010/10Cards +41d4+3Shield, Enhanced
Kraw19181/10Kurki +2, Bite +11d4+1/1d4/1d32 NL, -1 STR
Cordelia161310/10Xbow +11d82 NL, -1 STR
Gobbleguts8??HurtBite +5, Tail Slap +01d8+4, 1d12+2 

HealthyBruisedHurtInjuredWoundedMauledCrippledDyingDead
100%99% - 75%75% - 60%60% - 45%45% - 30%30% - 15%15% - 0%0% >Dead

This message was last edited by the GM at 18:44, Fri 07 Sept 2018.

Anya Vinniter
 player, 83 posts
Fri 7 Sep 2018
at 06:50
[1.02] The Old Fishery
”Kraw!!”
The imminent danger of the situation struck Anya as the crocodile charged Kraw. Any task-focus she had coming in, disappeared, and she set her mind to rescuing Kraw if at all possible. Drawing a card, she flung it at the crocodile... But a tear started building in her eye due to the strain and gravity of the situation, and her aim was off.

OOC:
Move: Draw card
Standard: Throw at Gobblecuts, missing at AC9 (5 damage if somehow hits)

Cordelia Abbey
 Cleric, 39 posts
Fri 7 Sep 2018
at 17:52
[1.02] The Old Fishery
"Damn."

Cordelia knew her best bet to see Gaedron dead was to have both of her allies at her side.  As much as she would like to stick her claws through Lamm's eyes and into his brain, she knew that there was a better chance of seeing him dead if there were three of them instead of just two.

Just as she is about to move down into the water, the tengu pops back up on the walkway.  She calls on the Lady in the Room she channels some of her healing power into her ally, a bright energy flowing from her fingertips into the tengu.

OOC:  This might all change if the DM determines that the attack missed Kraw.

Move: Move to R31
Standard: Cure Light Wounds to Kraw - for 5 HP.

This message was last edited by the player at 19:30, Fri 07 Sept 2018.

Kraw
 Rogue, 85 posts
Fri 7 Sep 2018
at 19:21
[1.02] The Old Fishery
Kraw slashes at Gobbleguts with a kukri, but it rebounds off the creature's thick hide. Kraw then kicks off the pole he is holding onto, pushing himself up atop the pole, hopefully out of reach of the crocodile in the water..

Kukri attack 8 on d20+4, miss.

Acrobatics 21 on d20+8. Avoids AoO.

This message was last edited by the player at 22:47, Fri 07 Sept 2018.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 121 posts
 Teller of tales
 Lord of lies
Sat 8 Sep 2018
at 18:34
[1.02] The Old Fishery
Gaedron, satisfied that Gobbleguts would finish off the bird leveled his crossbow at Cordellia and fired. She got out of the way of the bolt but it scraped her cheek leaving a long line of blood across her face.

OOC: Gaedron shoots Cordelia hitting AC 24 for 1 pt of piercing damage

Anya draws a card and fires it off but it just splashes into the water.

Kraw quickly scrambles up to the post in the middle of the room. By extending a wing Cordelia is just able to reach him with a curing spell.

OOC: Technically out of reach but I'd reason if you both lean out with arms outstretched you could make contact, especially because the grid kind of breaks down outside of the walkway

Gobbleguts tries to start climbing up the post after Kraw but its large claws just rip out sections of rotten wood and it is unable to find a sturcturally sound section that can support its weight.

NameInitiativeACHPAttackDamageStatus
Gaedron2113InjuredHand Xbow +71d4-
Anya212010/10Cards +41d4+3Shield, Enhanced
Kraw19156/10Kurki +2, Bite +11d4+1/1d4/1d32 NL, -1 STR
Cordelia16139/10Xbow +11d82 NL, -1 STR
Gobbleguts8??HurtBite +5, Tail Slap +01d8+4, 1d12+2 

HealthyBruisedHurtInjuredWoundedMauledCrippledDyingDead
100%99% - 75%75% - 60%60% - 45%45% - 30%30% - 15%15% - 0%0% >Dead

Anya Vinniter
 player, 84 posts
Sun 9 Sep 2018
at 22:07
[1.02] The Old Fishery
Anya moves along the boardwalk towards Gaedren, drawing and flinging another card at Gobbleguts. Preparing to strike against the crime lord himself, Anya's mind is again brought to the varisian charm found upstairs. Rage fills her, and she still just cannot manage to focus on taking out the crocodile. "Gaedren! You won't be torturing any more kids, you won't be plaguing our streets! Your time is over!"



OOC:
Five-foot step from U29 (my location since my addition to round 1) to T28.
Move: Draw card
Standard: Throw, hitting Gobbleguts' AC12 for 8 points of piercing damage.

Kraw
 Rogue, 87 posts
Mon 10 Sep 2018
at 01:45
[1.02] The Old Fishery
Kraw leaps for the sand at T-29, then steps to the floor at S-28.


Acrobatics 19 on d20+8.

Now in a position to do something about the croc, Kraw slashes down with his kukri to score a severe hit on the animal.

At S-28, Kraw is both flanking and attacking from above

kukri attack, flanking. 21 on d20+7.
kukri damage 4 on d4+1.
sneak attack damage 5 on 1d8.

Total 9 damage to Gobbleguts.
Cordelia Abbey
 Cleric, 42 posts
Mon 10 Sep 2018
at 16:54
[1.02] The Old Fishery
Cordelia smiles darkly as the tides have turned in their favor.  "I've learned a few tricks, Gaedron, since you last saw me.  And none of them will be pleasant for you."

She lets out a burst of negative energy - black tendrils exploding from her engulfing both the evil man and his pet.

OOC:
Standard: Hit for 6 damage - Will Save DC 14

Dungeon Master
 GM, 122 posts
 Teller of tales
 Lord of lies
Mon 10 Sep 2018
at 18:10
[1.02] The Old Fishery
Gaedron reloads his crossbow and fires again at Cordelia.
"Die you bitch! I should have drowned you in the river when I had the chance!"

The shot goes wide however due to Gaedron's slightly shaking hands. Was that from old age or fear?

Anya fired off another card but the shifting form of the alligator in the water was hard to track from moment to moment.

Kraw drives a kukri into the alligator's back as Coredlia launches out another blast of negative energy. The life is sucked right out of the alliigator that turns belly up and motionless. Gaedron, now that he knows it is coming, steels himself and seems to shake off the worst of the effects.

Round 2

Gaedron curses as he sees his alligator go belly up. Seeing the forces arrayed against him he drops his crossbow and holds his hands up.

"Alright alright alright. Is it money you want? I'll pay you. I'll give you a heap of gold and such and then leave town and never be seen again. That's what you want, right? You don't want to murder me. It was just business...nothing personal. Just business..."

OOC: Sense motive checks passed (or more accurately Gaedron's bluff was a critical fail. He is reaching for something from his pocket and he is lying about leaving town. And about it not being personal. He really hates you guys.

NameInitiativeACHPAttackDamageStatus
Gaedron2113InjuredHand Xbow +71d4-
Anya212010/10Cards +41d4+3Shield, Enhanced
Kraw19156/10Kurki +2, Bite +11d4+1/1d4/1d32 NL, -1 STR
Cordelia16139/10Xbow +11d82 NL, -1 STR
Gobbleguts8-Dead-- 

HealthyBruisedHurtInjuredWoundedMauledCrippledDyingDead
100%99% - 75%75% - 60%60% - 45%45% - 30%30% - 15%15% - 0%0% >Dead

Kraw
 Rogue, 88 posts
Mon 10 Sep 2018
at 18:21
[1.02] The Old Fishery
Kraw rushes up to Gaedrun to cover him with his kukri. His attempt to slide out a second weapon (dagger) from his wrist sheath doesn't work as well.

Sleight of Hand 9 on d20+8.

He tells the crime boss "stop reaching for something in your inside pocket, or my hold on this blade to your throat might just slip. We want information, Lamm. Much as it disgusts me, we need it more than I want to kill you."
Cordelia Abbey
 Cleric, 43 posts
Wed 12 Sep 2018
at 21:50
[1.02] The Old Fishery
Cordelia just smiles as she points her crossbow Gaedron, aiming for an area just below his heart.  "Usually business doesn't have much to do with drowning a bitch in the river, now does it, Gaedron?" she asks in her sweetest, most coy voice using what vocal skills she learned serving the Savored Sting.

"If you don't want my feathered friend to accidentally slip and slice your throat, I'd suggest you keep your hands where we can see them and answer our questions."

OOC:
Standard: Ready action - pull the trigger on crossbow if Gaedron makes any action other than slowly raising his hands back in the air.

As soon as the card flies out towards him...  She pulls the trigger - Hit AC19 for 7 damage.

16:15, Today: Cordelia Abbey rolled 7 using 1d8 with rolls of 7.  Damage.
16:15, Today: Cordelia Abbey rolled 19 using 1d20+1 with rolls of 18.  Crossbow at Gaedron.

This message was last edited by the player at 23:16, Wed 12 Sept 2018.

Anya Vinniter
 player, 87 posts
Wed 12 Sep 2018
at 22:48
[1.02] The Old Fishery
A feeling of being entirely out of control grows in her, and Anya's eyes begin to tear up. For a moment, she can see nothing but that tiny little charm one of the kids upstairs had constructed - perhaps one from Trail's End. Walking up so she can see Gaedren, in her eyes he is nothing but a disgusting, old, cruel man bringing so much harm to so many children. "I'm not here for any information, I'm here to stop you. For Borten. For Vittie. For all the others."
With a flick of her wrist, the magically enhanced card in her hand flies with astounding speed at Gaedren, cutting him like the blade of a short sword.


OOC: Five-foot to S28
Move: Draw card
Standard: Throw at Gaedren, hitting AC20 for 5 damage.

This message was last edited by the player at 22:49, Wed 12 Sept 2018.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 123 posts
 Teller of tales
 Lord of lies
Fri 14 Sep 2018
at 18:29
[1.02] The Old Fishery
Gaedron snarls and continues to reach for his blade. Anya's card and Cordelia's bolt puncture him through the chest and the old man stumbles, slumps, and then falls face forward...dead.

OOC: Congrats! Combat has ended! Each PC earned 400xp


With combat over the group can finally take the time to take stock of their surroundings. The underpier was a narrow space that existed underneath the fishery with only about four feet of space between the floor and ceiling. Enough to move around in although the group had needed to stoop at times. The supports were thick with cobwebs and mold and there was a door to the South that led into what looked to be a small room that existed underneath the fishery.

In two places, rusty manacles hang from ropes over the water and there is a collection of old cabinets, lockboxes, and piles of clutter strewn about. Chipped porcelain plates, a cracked goblet, badly rusted silverware an old wooden shield with a crossbow bolt embedded in it, an odd dinged helm and other "treasures" litter the floor around where Gaedron's lifeless body had fallen.

On Gaedron the group finds the following:

  • Masterwork Dagger
  • Mastework Hand Crossbow w/ 8 bolts
  • Massive key ring full of keys.

Cordelia Abbey
 Cleric, 47 posts
Fri 14 Sep 2018
at 18:53
[1.02] The Old Fishery
"Nice toss," Cordelia nods to Anya.  She grins at the dead man, "Looks like you missed your chance."  She looks at the equipment, and picks up the key ring.  Looking at the lock boxes and cabinets, she starts trying keys on the boxes and opening cabinets to see if there is anything to find of value.

"I suppose we should tell the kids up there that they are free to go as they please.  Should we drag his body up there so that they can have a little fun with it?  I know it was cathartic for me to send that into him." She grasps the bold that she shot him with and breaks off the part sticking out.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 124 posts
 Teller of tales
 Lord of lies
Mon 17 Sep 2018
at 21:28
[1.02] The Old Fishery
It quickly became apparent to Cordelia that Gaedron was a hoarder. Box after box was carefully locked only to reveal broken bits of junk. Sometimes it was themed like "broken silverware" but most were just odd mementos that Gaedron had decided to keep for some unknown reason.

There was a couple of larger door keys. One looked familiar to the keys they picked up off of Yagrin that went to the main door of the fishery but there was one more key that didn't look familiar to any of them and there was a locked door down to the south that hadn't been opened yet...
Cordelia Abbey
 Cleric, 48 posts
Mon 17 Sep 2018
at 22:08
[1.02] The Old Fishery
As Cordelia opened each box, she dumped the junk that was hoarded down into the waters below, feeding the sharks (or giving them something shiny to peer at).  She sighed as there wasn't much to deal with here in the room.  She offered the dagger and crossbow to the others should they be interested in using them, otherwise, she will pocket them and they can split the cash for it later.

She indicated the remaining door key and the remain door.  "Shall we?" she asked her companions.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 125 posts
 Teller of tales
 Lord of lies
Fri 21 Sep 2018
at 18:43
[1.02] The Old Fishery
Opening the final door reveals a small 10x15 room nestled underneath the fishery. This foul-smelling room seems to be a combination bedroom and study. A wooden bed with a lumpy stained mattress stands against the east wall, while a round table heaped with dirty plates, bread crusts, stained goblets, fruit rinds, and scuttling cockroaches sits nearby. At the foot of the bed sits a large strongbox, a slightly rusted lock securing its lid. A sagging dresser filled with moth-eaten clothes well past their glory days is in one corner and what appears to be a wooden hatbox surrounded by a small cloud of flies sits atop this dresser.
Kraw
 Rogue, 90 posts
Mon 24 Sep 2018
at 09:22
[1.02] The Old Fishery
Kraw suggests "body parts?" when gesturing at the hatbox. Instead,he bends his talents to the lock on the locker. He would search the room later.

Perception 18.
Disable Device 24.

This message was last edited by the player at 09:27, Mon 24 Sept 2018.

Cordelia Abbey
 Cleric, 49 posts
Mon 24 Sep 2018
at 16:59
[1.02] The Old Fishery
Cordelia chuckles at the tengu's humor.  "Let's find out."  She shoos away the flies (don't bother me) and opens the hatbox while Kraw works on the rusted locker.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 126 posts
 Teller of tales
 Lord of lies
Tue 25 Sep 2018
at 16:38
[1.02] The Old Fishery
Kraw successfully unlocks the lockbox and finally uncovers Gaedron's stash of valuables. Gold, scrolls, jewels and baubles fill the box.

Kraw finds:

  1. Narrow Teak Cigar case inlaid with tiny bits of jade
  2. A solid gold ingot weighing about 2lbs bearing the Cheliax coat of arms
  3. Tiny golden crown
  4. A fist-sized scrimshaw carving of a kraken with garnets for eyes
  5. A silver ring with the inscription "For Emmah - the light of my nights"
  6. A highly realistic and scandalous ivory figurine of two succubi enwtined
  7. A masterwork shuriken (worth
  8. An adamantine arrowhead
  9. An abalone-shell holy symbol
  10. A tiny glass tube
  11. An obsidian wand
  12. A crystalline vial
  13. A bejeweled broach with a broken clasp made from solid gold and perfect amethysts...the crafstmanship is that suburb.

This message was last edited by the GM at 16:57, Tue 25 Sept 2018.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 127 posts
 Teller of tales
 Lord of lies
Tue 25 Sep 2018
at 17:56
[1.02] The Old Fishery
Cordelia flips open the hatbox to find a severed head staring back at her. It has been poorly preserved and decorated with makeup to give it a crude attempt at life but the grayish sagging skin makes it a very poor attempt.

Even more surprising is that the head is one everyone recognizes: that of Zellara. While this head looks like its been dead and decaying for weeks the resemblance is unmistakable.

Underneath the ragged stump of her neck is a small wooden box. Inside is the Harrow deck that Zellara had used to perform the Harrowing just earlier today. Just like the head, the distinctive nature of the Harrow deck is instantly recognizable to everyone.
Kraw
 Rogue, 91 posts
Tue 25 Sep 2018
at 18:18
[1.02] The Old Fishery
Kraw whistles. "Valuable stuff. Some might be magic. The brooch looks like it came off a king."
Cordelia Abbey
 Cleric, 50 posts
Wed 26 Sep 2018
at 22:13
[1.02] The Old Fishery
Cordelia harumphs when she sees the fortune teller's remains.  "What would make her look so far gone in such a short time?  Seems we didn't get to Lamm soon enough.  Pharasma carry you to the boneyard," Cordelia says as she closes the dead woman's eyelids.

"Valuable stuff indeed - some of it is magic."  She points to the glass tube, wand and vial.  "However, some of it is probably junk," as she indicates the fake gold bar.
Kraw
 Rogue, 92 posts
Wed 26 Sep 2018
at 22:49
[1.02] The Old Fishery
"What makes you think it's her? Might be a long dead daughter."
Cordelia Abbey
 Cleric, 51 posts
Thu 27 Sep 2018
at 17:22
[1.02] The Old Fishery
Cordelia gingerly reaches in and pulls out the harrowing deck.  "This, for one, makes me think its her."

"And the resemblance is uncanny.  Which makes me wonder, since this head is at least a week old, was it really Zellara we saw today?  Or what kind of necromantic magic would Gaedron have access to?"

Dungeon Master
 GM, 128 posts
 Teller of tales
 Lord of lies
Fri 28 Sep 2018
at 21:18
[1.02] The Old Fishery

There is still the deck of cards. Is anyone grabbing those

Cordelia Abbey
 Cleric, 52 posts
Fri 28 Sep 2018
at 22:15
[1.02] The Old Fishery
The Harrowing deck?  Cordelia grabbed that from the hatbox...
Zellara
 NPC, 6 posts
 Female Human
 Fortune Teller
Sat 29 Sep 2018
at 01:18
[1.02] The Old Fishery
OOC: Oops

As soon as Cordelia grabs the Harrowing deck Zellara appears floating over the water.

"Thank you, my friends. I apologize for the deception but there was no other way for me to bring you here. Yes, I am dead. Gaedron killed my son and I used my skills to find where he was hiding but I was captured and he fed me to his alligator. My spirit became tied to the deck you are holding by tugging on the threads of fate I was able to bring you here to both avenge me and find closure yourselves.

I ask that you keep the deck with you that I may accompany you on your travels for I fear that your fates are only just beginning. A darkness is crossing the city of Korvosa and I believe you three are the ones who can stop it.

While one of you possesses me I feel empowered and so I can appear to you every now and then to help guide you along your fate. Also, if you put something unknown on top of the deck I may be able to glean its history and its purpose.

Now...you must hurry outside. There is a fourth who's fate is tied to yours and she is in grave danger!"

Kraw
 Rogue, 93 posts
Sat 29 Sep 2018
at 06:20
[1.02] The Old Fishery
Kraw does a double-take and swears under his breath. "I didn't join to get led around by a ghost, but to get my vengeance. Still, she did me a good turn by leading us here. And since we've survived and haven't died, maybe the three of us can convince whoever is threatening this fourth person to leave her alone. Perhaps just by shifting the odds?" Kraw gathers up what goodies he hadn't grabbed yet, and starts making his way out.
Cordelia Abbey
 Cleric, 54 posts
Tue 2 Oct 2018
at 02:27
[1.02] The Old Fishery
"She certainly got us where we needed to be.  And it certainly did feel good seeing Gaedron dead."

"Let's go."


She grabs up the holy symbol and the items that showed as magic and follows after Kraw.

OOC: We can divvy up the magic items in the OOC.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 133 posts
 Teller of tales
 Lord of lies
Sat 6 Oct 2018
at 04:05
[1.02] The Old Fishery
The party enters the street and before they can decide where they want to go they hear a woman's shout and the sound of combat. Rounding the corner they spot a giant foul-smelling beast that is seemingly just a mouth and tentacles engaging against a Shoanti barbarian-like woman.

The beast howls and lashes out with a big bite but the woman blocks it and prepares to strike back.

Anya recognizes it as an Otyugh and warns everyone that its bite can cause disease and that it will try and entangle combatants with its tentacles and squeeze the life out of them.

Round 1

OOC: NOTE that Q24 is impassable as it's a giant hole in the ground. Q23, R24 and Q25 count as difficult terrain due to rubble from where it burst out of the sewers.


NameInitiativeACHPAttackDamageStatus
Anya202010/10Cards +41d4+3Shield
Ayeesha201819/19Greatsword +62d6+3-
Kraw191512/16Kurki +3, Bite +01d4+1/1d4/1d32 NL, -1 STR
Cordelia161415/16Xbow +11d82 NL, -1 STR
Otyugh15??HealthyBite +7, Tentacles +31d8+4, 1d6+2-


HealthyBruisedHurtInjuredWoundedMauledCrippledDyingDead
100%99% - 75%75% - 60%60% - 45%45% - 30%30% - 15%15% - 0%0% >Dead

This message was last edited by the GM at 04:13, Sat 06 Oct 2018.

Kraw
 Rogue, 96 posts
Sat 6 Oct 2018
at 07:34
[1.02] The Old Fishery
Kraw leaps over some rubble to land in R24. He flicks out a dagger and throws it at the disgusting beast.

Acrobatics 12 on d20+9. Balance.
Thrown dagger attack, flanking = 19 on d20+7.
Dagger damage 5 on d4+1.
Sneak stab damage 1 on 1d8.

Total 6 damage.

OOC: Kraw's AC is 18, not 15.
Ayeesha
 Bloodrager, 3 posts
Sat 6 Oct 2018
at 13:02
[1.02] The Old Fishery
Ayeesha, thinking herself alone, grit her teeth, raged and charges, drawing her sword as she ran towards the abomination.




Free: blood rage +4 strength and con, -2 a.c., + 2 will
Free: destined strike +1 to hit
Full: charge -2 ac - move to n23, attack, hit a.c. 17 for 15

06:54, Today: Ayeesha rolled 15 using 2d6+10 with rolls of 1,4.  Damage with rage and power attack.

06:48, Today: Ayeesha rolled 17 using 1d20+10 with rolls of 7.  Attack with charge power attack, rage and destined strike.

Cordelia Abbey
 Cleric, 56 posts
Mon 8 Oct 2018
at 21:21
[1.02] The Old Fishery
Cordelia calls out to the charging barbarian - "That thing will disease you and squash you.  Avoid it's tentacles if you can."

And with that, she loads and shoots her crossbow at the creature from where she stands.

Move: Load crossbow
Standard: Shoot (TWANG!) - 10 vs AC

Dungeon Master
 GM, 136 posts
 Teller of tales
 Lord of lies
Wed 10 Oct 2018
at 21:15
[1.02] The Old Fishery
Anya powers up one of her playing cards and gives it a throw at the giant beast. The card strikes true but only glances off the things armored hide.

Ayeesha charges forward and carves off a big chunnk of the mass of filth and tentacles.

Kraw throws a dagger into a a weak looking gap.
OOOC: You can't flank if you're not engaged in melee with it but luckily it still hits. Also you are getting sneak attack because you beat its initiative, not for flanking...

Cordelia fires her crossbow and the bolt sinks into the things messy side but doesn't seem to do any damage.

The Otyugh attacks kraw with one tentacle while it moves to grab and bite Ayeesha. Kraw ducks the tentacle and it grabs only air. Ayeesha steps to the side avoiding the wild slap of the second tentacle. Unfortunately this puts her directly in line with the things giant maw and it takes a big bite out of her. She nearly gags due to the foul smell of offal and rot coming out of the things mouth.

OOC: Ayeesha takes 10 pts of damage.

Round 2

NameInitiativeACHPAttackDamageStatus
Anya202010/10Cards +41d4+3Shield
Ayeesha201813/19Greatsword +102d6+10Rage, Charge, PA
Kraw191712/16Kurki +3, Bite +01d4+1/1d4/1d32 NL, -1 STR
Cordelia161415/16Xbow +11d82 NL, -1 STR
Otyugh1517InjuredBite +7, Tentacles +31d8+4, 1d6+2-


HealthyBruisedHurtInjuredWoundedMauledCrippledDyingDead
100%99% - 75%75% - 60%60% - 45%45% - 30%30% - 15%15% - 0%0% >Dead

Ayeesha
 Bloodrager, 4 posts
Wed 10 Oct 2018
at 21:53
[1.02] The Old Fishery
she grunted in pain at the bite, then again at the foul stench of the creature. She hoped she wasn't going to catch some sort of sewer rot from it!

No longer able to charge, she simply focused her efforts and tried to carve off another piece of the abomination they were facing. She was at least encouraged to see she had some allies in fighting this thing.





AC 16 this round, since charge penalty is gone. Hit AC 14 for 17 damage

15:51, Today: Ayeesha rolled 14 using 1d20+8 with rolls of 6.  attack otyugh with BAB 2, +1 destined strike, +5 21 strength from bloodrage, +1 mwk gs -1 pa.

15:51, Today: Ayeesha rolled 17 using 2d6+10 with rolls of 3,4.  probably a miss but damage just in case.


Cordelia Abbey
 Cleric, 57 posts
Wed 10 Oct 2018
at 22:55
[1.02] The Old Fishery
Cordelia sighs and sends a burst of dark energy from her fingertips - dark tendrils flowing towards the foul beast.

Standard: Channel Negative Energy for 2 damage - DC14
Kraw
 Rogue, 97 posts
Thu 11 Oct 2018
at 07:26
[1.02] The Old Fishery
Kraw steps to Q23 and triggers both wrist-sheathes. His twin kukris pop into his waiting hands and he attempts to slash the monster with both blades. Even with his advantaged position, both blades are deflected by the monster's thick hide.

Kukri attack 1 = 11 on d20+5, flanking. Miss.

This message was last edited by the player at 23:12, Thu 11 Oct 2018.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 137 posts
 Teller of tales
 Lord of lies
Sat 13 Oct 2018
at 01:12
[1.02] The Old Fishery
Anya throws a magically sharpened card that sticks straight into the side of the Otyugh.

Ayeesha swings with her sword but the Otyugh's tentacles snap at her arms causing her to have to defend instead.

Kraw steps up behind the creature but a wildly flailing tentacle causes him to miss as well.

The Otyugh flails out with its tentacles. It snaps Ayeesha but Kraw ducks to the side. It wraps around Ayeehsa entangling her and drawing her closer to its giant maw and takes another bite out of her.


OOC: Ayeesha takes 10 pts of damage and is now grappled. To break out requires a Grapple or Escape Artist check vs. DC 17


Round 3

NameInitiativeACHPAttackDamageStatus
Anya202010/10Cards +41d4+3-
Ayeesha20143/19Greatsword +102d6+10Rage, PA, Grappled
Kraw191712/16Kurki +3, Bite +01d4+1/1d4/1d32 NL, -1 STR
Cordelia161415/16Xbow +11d82 NL, -1 STR
Otyugh1515WoundedBite +7, Tentacles +31d8+4, 1d6+2Grappled


HealthyBruisedHurtInjuredWoundedMauledCrippledDyingDead
100%99% - 75%75% - 60%60% - 45%45% - 30%30% - 15%15% - 0%0% >Dead

This message was last edited by the GM at 01:14, Sat 13 Oct 2018.

Ayeesha
 Bloodrager, 6 posts
Sat 13 Oct 2018
at 16:51
[1.02] The Old Fishery
Grappled! she swore at the perilous situation, inches from being devoured.

Her greatsword was useless, so she let go of it. She never considers trying to get away. No, if it was going to eat her, it was getting a mouthful of cold iron with her. She drew her dagger and stabbed at the beast, hoping it would be enough.





Now would have been a good time to stop with the awful rolls but... Nope. Wonder what my next character is going to be?

10:44, Today: Ayeesha rolled 10 using 1d4+7 with rolls of 3.  Damage of hit.
10:43, Today: Ayeesha rolled 16 using 1d20+8 with rolls of 8.  Destined strike power attack cold iron dagger.

Kraw
 Rogue, 98 posts
Sat 13 Oct 2018
at 17:06
[1.02] The Old Fishery
Kraw tries to get the attention of the monster with a pair of badly-aimed strikes. Failing miserably, he tries reasoning with the beast. In common, he says "stop fighting this woman, and I'll get you a vat full of fish slurry to eat. I'm sure that would taste a lot better than armor."

Kukri attack 1 = 10 on d20+5, flanking.
Kukri attack 2 = 6 on d20+5, flanking.
Both attacks miss.
Cordelia Abbey
 Cleric, 58 posts
Sat 13 Oct 2018
at 19:55
[1.02] The Old Fishery
Cordelia's training had been in the art of dealing with foul men, not in fighting garbage eating beasts.  This had become quite obvious to her that this was a short-coming that she was going to need to overcome.

She called upon her goddess one last time for the day to let forth another burst of energy - hoping to wound the creature enough to turn its attention from its current meal.

OOC:
Standard: Channel Negative Energy - 6! damage (DC15)
12:54, Today: Cordelia Abbey rolled 6 using 1d6 with rolls of 6.  Channel Negative Energy.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 139 posts
 Teller of tales
 Lord of lies
Mon 15 Oct 2018
at 21:39
[1.02] The Old Fishery
Ayeesha stabbed at the things exposed underbelly over and over again while Cordelia pumped negative energy into the area. With a shudder the thing collapsed in the street, somehow smelling even worse than it did when it was still alive.

OOC: By the skin of your teeth combat is over. I'll calculate XP later.
Cordelia Abbey
 Cleric, 60 posts
Mon 15 Oct 2018
at 22:07
[1.02] The Old Fishery
Cordelia ran over to the warrior woman and quickly laid a hand upon her, calling forth healing energies over the injured barbarian.

CLW - 8 healed

15:07, Today: Cordelia Abbey rolled 8 using 1d8+2 with rolls of 6.  CLW.

Ayeesha
 Bloodrager, 9 posts
Mon 15 Oct 2018
at 22:17
[1.02] The Old Fishery
Ayeesha stood for a second, then her rage deserted her. She staggered a step or two then collapsed onto the ground, dying. She had just enough presence of mind left to fall away from the beast and it's puddle of filth.

When Cordelia rushed to save her, she opened her eyes and smiled weakly at the courtesan/adventurer who had taken pity on her. She sat up slowly and carefully, but the warm, healing glow of Cordelia's spell had some its work. She wasn't completely healed, not even close, but she was able to get back to her feet.

"Thank you for your kindness, I owe you my life." She smiled down from her impressive height into those mismatched eyes. She noticed Cordelia's holy symbol, but had no recognition of it, and what it represented, so added, "and my thanks to your God too."





OOC: Ayeesha lost her rage and thus lost 4 hitpoints. She is at -1 hitpoints, unconscious and dying. Somebody saaaaave me!

Hey, somebody already did save me! Thanks Cordelia!

Kraw
 Rogue, 99 posts
Tue 16 Oct 2018
at 00:52
[1.02] The Old Fishery
Kraw helps the woman to her feet, then turns to the foul-smelling beast. Holding his breath, he cuts open the creature for two reasons. First, to see if it had swallowed anybody that might be unaccounted for, and second, to see if anything indigestible was in its stomach (like gold or gems). Kraw was by no means an altruist, and sought compensation for risking his life for a stranger.
Ayeesha
 Bloodrager, 10 posts
Tue 16 Oct 2018
at 03:45
[1.02] The Old Fishery
"Crow man?" she asked in awe, realizing who had saved her. "And two women. You're them! Thank Desna, you're the ones I've been searching for."

She got her bearings and tried to explain.

"I had a vision of a Varisian Harrowreader who beckoned me to come to Korvosa to meet my destiny. She told me to seek out two women, one with dark hair, one with red hair, as well as a crow-man."

"So I came here. But when I arrived the whole city went mad for reasons I don't understand. Everyone is rioting! And then that foul, yech,"
she shivered at the monster.

"But now I've found you."

This message was last edited by the player at 17:46, Tue 16 Oct 2018.

Cordelia Abbey
 Cleric, 61 posts
Tue 16 Oct 2018
at 16:44
[1.02] The Old Fishery
"Goddess." Cordelia corrected, "Calistria, the Savored Sting, or the Unquenchable Fire, if you so prefer," Cordelia purrs as she ran a finger along the barbarian's strong cheek.

"Nevertheless, you've been given a vision from a dead woman who we have avenged.  I am called Cordelia, this is Anya and our friend rummaging through the body is known as Kraw."

Cordelia stepped back.  "You look as if you could use some rest, as could we.  It has been a rather busy day thus far."

She watched as Kraw digs through the remains of the garbage eater.  "Find anything?"
Kraw
 Rogue, 100 posts
Tue 16 Oct 2018
at 17:03
[1.02] The Old Fishery
Kraw says as he searches "what do you mean, the city has gone mad?"
Ayeesha
 Bloodrager, 11 posts
Tue 16 Oct 2018
at 22:09
[1.02] The Old Fishery
Ayeesha froze when Cordelia caressed her cheek, her eyes locked on the smaller woman. Then she shivered a little. She may not have known the religious symbol, but everyone knew of Calistria, goddess of lust and revenge, and everything that came with that.

"Well, thanks to The Unquenchable Fire then. And you're right I could certainly use some rest, though your touch has kept me from death's door at least. Goddess of lust and revenge. Dare I ask which of those is more important to you, priestess?"


Kraw's question snapped her out of her trance. She looked at the Tengu like he was a talking crow. "What do I mean? Haven't you noticed? The riots? The looting? The chaos? Something is up, the militia seems like they're completely overwhelmed and the city is acting like it has lost its mind! I know I'm not from here, but I can't imagine this is normal, is it?"