[1.02] The Old Fishery.   Posted by Dungeon Master.Group: 0
Cordelia Abbey
 Cleric, 12 posts
Tue 26 Jun 2018
at 04:44
[1.02] The Old Fishery
Cordelia quietly peeked around Anya's shoulders, blinking rapidly at the unfortunate state of the boardwalk. Still, it was probably considerably more discrete than other options. What she wouldn't give for the ability to turn invisible and fly around . . .

"I think Anya has the right idea here. A bit of scouting, and if it's good and can support us, we try and creep past one at a time."
Kraw
 Rogue, 42 posts
Tue 26 Jun 2018
at 10:03
[1.02] The Old Fishery
Kraw nods, and Silently treads down the right side of the building, seeking an entrance.


Perception 19 on d20+8.
Stealth 27 on d20+10.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 63 posts
 Teller of tales
 Lord of lies
Tue 26 Jun 2018
at 21:44
[1.02] The Old Fishery
Creeping back along the docks Kraw sticks to the shadows and avoids detection. The windows are caked with filth preventing him from getting a good feel for what is going on but there is definitely movement inside.

Going around back of the Fishery reveals the rotten deck of an ancient barge. It seems to be barely intact, its hull worn and thick with seaweed and barnacles. The barge is held together primarily by the layers of old rope that lash it securely to the pilings that support the fishery and the nearby boardwalk. A single wooden door leading into the aft cabin bears a crude painting of a red fish on its surface.

From what he can tell there doesn't seem to be anything moving inside the barge but there might not be a way to get from the barge to the Fishery.

OOC: Possible Entrance D marked on the map
Kraw
 Rogue, 43 posts
Wed 27 Jun 2018
at 18:31
[1.02] The Old Fishery
Kraw quietly climbs aboard the craft, and proceeds to quietly climb down to the lower deck, checking for creaking stairs or other 'traps'.

Perception 14.
Stealth 24.

This message was last edited by the player at 18:32, Wed 27 June 2018.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 64 posts
 Teller of tales
 Lord of lies
Wed 27 Jun 2018
at 22:18
[1.02] The Old Fishery
The air inside the hold is thick and musty. Thick sheets of cobwebs hang from the walls and mounds of blankets, cushions, and straw clutter the floor. There is a narrow flight of stairs leading down deeper into the hold of the ship.




Going down below Kraw spies a single large spider (still tiny sized though but much larger than typical) skittering around. The air is dark with the only light coming in through cracks and holes in the ship. Kraw can tell that there is a layer of water on the bottom but beyond the immediate area of the stairs it is too dark to see. There doesn't appear to be any way to connect to the main fishery though.




Outside Anya and Cordelia bear witness to an eruption of noise coming from the Fishery. The main doors burst open and a man in expensive looking although badly out of style clothing erupts from the front door kicking after a pair of twin orphans fleeing for their lives.



"AND DON'T COME BACK UNTIL YOU'VE GOT SOMETHING WORTH HAVING!"

He scowls at the orphans and then looks over at Anya and Cordelia standing around nearby.

"And what are you looking at? Go on, get moving!"
Kraw
 Rogue, 44 posts
Fri 29 Jun 2018
at 12:52
[1.02] The Old Fishery
Kraw climbs out of the boat and returns to the dock. He slips around to the east side and looks for an entrance on that side. Hearing a shout from near the front, he decides that attention within might be directed towards the front. If he finds a side entrance, he tries the door.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 66 posts
 Teller of tales
 Lord of lies
Fri 29 Jun 2018
at 14:37
[1.02] The Old Fishery
Kraw finds the side door unlocked but when he peeks inside he sees a large dog resting at the base of a large desk. He also realizes that the interior is too brightly lit to sneak in further.
Anya Vinniter
 player, 32 posts
Sat 30 Jun 2018
at 06:59
[1.02] The Old Fishery
Anya stares at the man, frozen for a moment. Wondering if she should outright attack him, run away, talk to him, or let Cordelia take the initiative. She could not just strike a man down the instant she sees him, could she? He might die. Or is that what she's here for? Had she thought about it before, she would not have expected Gaedren to be alone. Maybe there are kids too, that might get in harms way. Maybe someone from her neighborhood.

Anya pushed away the thoughts rushing through her head, by opening her mouth and forcing herself to speak, nervously. "Eh, hey mister, we're here for shiver, I can, eh, pay..."


Darn it: if he wants to, he will see through the lie - I rolled a 3 bluff.
Cordelia Abbey
 Cleric, 15 posts
Sun 1 Jul 2018
at 03:22
[1.02] The Old Fishery
Codelia can't quite hold back the wince at the sudden appearance of Yargin, as well as Anya's . . . admittedly weak play for shiver. Maybe they should've just jumped the bastard after all? Still, she may as well support the young woman's attempt at misdirection, so she awkwardly steps up by Anya and flashes a strained smile.

"Surely you wouldn't turn us away? We have coin . . ."


20:19, Today: Cordelia Abbey rolled 7 using 1d20+3 with rolls of 4.  Okay, lets lie.
Kraw
 Rogue, 45 posts
Sun 1 Jul 2018
at 12:32
[1.02] The Old Fishery
Kraw springs through the slightly opened doorway to take a swing at the guard dog. He lands before the dog, but his blade goes wide. His attempt to peck the dog isn't much better.

05:30, Today: Kraw rolled 18 using 1d20+8 with rolls of 10.  Acrobatics.

05:30, Today: Kraw rolled 8 using 1d20+4 with rolls of 4.  Kukri attack.
muffed that one too. We're doing great........

05:33, Today: Kraw rolled 13 using 1d20-1 with rolls of 14.  Secondary Bite attack.
With no Dex to AC, if it IS flat-footed, this might hit.

05:33, Today: Kraw rolled 4 using 1d3+1 with rolls of 3.  Bite damage.

05:33, Today: Kraw rolled 1 using 1d4 with rolls of 1.  sneak attack damage.

This message was last edited by the player at 12:35, Sun 01 July 2018.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 68 posts
 Teller of tales
 Lord of lies
Sun 1 Jul 2018
at 19:22
[1.02] The Old Fishery
Outside Yagrin began to eye the two girls suspiciously. Inside Kraw leaps out to attack the dog by surprise but he misjudges the distance and his kukri slams into the desk instead of the dog's neck.

The dog looks up and starts barking wildly at the intruder. Outside Yagrin jerks as he hears the alarm and starts reaching inside of his jacket for a weapon...

OOC: You need to make a full-round attack to use the bite attack




Combat has been initiated

Round 1


NameInitiativeACHPAttackDamageStatus
Cordelia161310/10Claw -11d4-1-
Kraw61710/10Kurki +2, Bite +11d4+1/1d4/1d3-
Anya61610/10Cards +31d4+2-
Dog #15??HealthyBite +21d4+1-
Yargin3??HealthyAcid +21d6-

HealthyBruisedHurtInjuredWoundedMauledCrippledDyingDead
100%99% - 75%75% - 60%60% - 45%45% - 30%30% - 15%15% - 0%0% >Dead








]
Anya Vinniter
 player, 35 posts
Sun 1 Jul 2018
at 20:40
[1.02] The Old Fishery
Realizing things have changed in an instant, Anya draws her old, dwarven mining pick and quickly steps towards Yargin, raising the weapon. Bringing it down on him, she closes both her eyes, and while swinging only barely opens the right eye, squinting to see if she hits. She’s killed before, but is in no particular hurry to do so - and has not yet decided whether she wants to. She is however determined to see this through, and does not hesitate in attacking when things may take unexpected turns.


OOC: Posting from phone, so simple formatting.
Free action: 5-foot-step to W15,
Move action to draw pick
Standard action melee attack: 15 to hit, 6 piercing damage.

This message was last edited by the player at 07:24, Mon 02 July 2018.

Cordelia Abbey
 Cleric, 17 posts
Sun 1 Jul 2018
at 22:34
[1.02] The Old Fishery
The sudden crash and barking startles Cordelia quite soundly, and her eyes snap to the building for a moment before returning to Yagrin. Who was going for his jacket crap! With a lung she crossed the distance and threw out an awkward swipe with one hand from under her silks, more of a grazing strike than anything else.

"Quickly now!"




Charging straight ahead to X15 and making a Claw attack on Yagrin.
15:31, Today: Cordelia Abbey rolled 16 using 1d20+1 with rolls of 15.  Claw Charge.
15:31, Today: Cordelia Abbey rolled 0 using 1d4-1 with rolls of 1.  Claw Damage.
Assuming a hit I believe that's 1 damage from me due to minimum damage?

Dungeon Master
 GM, 71 posts
 Teller of tales
 Lord of lies
Fri 6 Jul 2018
at 03:06
[1.02] The Old Fishery


Cordelia charges forward but instead of slashing Yargin across his chest she instead thumps her knuckles against him and gives him a bruise instead.

Kraw might have missed the first time but not the second. As the dog moves to stand up Kraw buries both of his blades into its back and it slumps down dead.

Anya steps forward and punches into Yagrin hard with her pick. Yagrin responds by screaming bloody murder and fleeing into the fishery. He bursts through the main entrance and then ends up nearly smacking right into Kraw as he trips over his own dead dog!

Round 1

NameInitiativeACHPAttackDamageStatus
Cordelia161310/10Claw -11d4-1-
Kraw61710/10Kurki +2, Bite +11d4+1/1d4/1d3-
Anya61610/10Cards +31d4+2-
Yargin313WoundedAcid +21d61 NL
Dog #1--Dead---

HealthyBruisedHurtInjuredWoundedMauledCrippledDyingDead
100%99% - 75%75% - 60%60% - 45%45% - 30%30% - 15%15% - 0%0% >Dead

This message was last edited by the GM at 12:03, Fri 06 July 2018.

Cordelia Abbey
 Cleric, 20 posts
Fri 6 Jul 2018
at 03:18
[1.02] The Old Fishery
Okay, that was wholly embarrassing. She wasn't a melee fighter or anything though! The woman fumbled the crossbow off of her back, loading a bolt into it as she glanced to Anya.

"Get going! I'll cover you once I have this ready!"

She wasn't particularly amazing with a crossbow either to be honest, but it was better than overly relying on her claws or unleashing her divine power willy-nilly. Besides, who knew how long it would take to find that rat bastard? Best to save some of her magic for a bit.



Drawing light crossbow and loading it for my turn.
Anya Vinniter
 player, 37 posts
Fri 6 Jul 2018
at 04:38
[1.02] The Old Fishery
Anya hurries, runs into the house after Yargin, stopping next to him where she swings her pick again. The swing hits, but not nearly as hard this time. She looks at Kraw on the other side of Yargin. "Get him, quick!"


OOC:
Move action: 30ft move to R13
Standard: Attack, hitting ac 17 for 3 P damage.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 72 posts
 Teller of tales
 Lord of lies
Fri 6 Jul 2018
at 12:11
[1.02] The Old Fishery
Cordelia draws and loads her crossbow.

Kraw strikes out with his blades and his beak but Yargin, focused now entirely on defending himself, is able to dodge back out of the way of the attacks.

Anya charges forward behind Yargin and hits him again wtih her pick.

Yargin steps back and continues screaming "HELP ME YOU FUCKING LOUTS!" and pulls out a vial of something sinister from his coat. He throws it at Kraw but Kraw uses a kukri to deflect it and it smashes against a wall turning into a sizzling and bubbling mass of acid.

Round 2

NameInitiativeACHPAttackDamageStatus
Cordelia161310/10Xbow +11d8-
Kraw61710/10Kurki +2, Bite +11d4+1/1d4/1d3-
Anya61610/10Heavy Pick +21d6+2-
Yargin313CrippledAcid +21d61 NL, Staggered
Dog #1--Dead---

HealthyBruisedHurtInjuredWoundedMauledCrippledDyingDead
100%99% - 75%75% - 60%60% - 45%45% - 30%30% - 15%15% - 0%0% >Dead

This message was last edited by the GM at 12:52, Fri 06 July 2018.

Anya Vinniter
 player, 38 posts
Fri 6 Jul 2018
at 12:32
Re: [1.02] The Old Fishery
"Shut up, you, or you may never scream again!" Anya growls, unwilling to kill the man. Stepping up towards him, she throws her fist at Yargin, aiming to knock the severely beaten man unconscious, but he narrowly dodges.


OOC:
5-foot to Q13
Standard: Unarmed strike for d3+2 nonlethal, missing with a 12 - so close!

Kraw
 Rogue, 46 posts
Fri 6 Jul 2018
at 12:52
Re: [1.02] The Old Fishery
Kraw strikes out with both kukris again. Being in a flanking position helps him immensely as one blow and his beak both hit.

05:47, Today: Kraw rolled 9 using 1d20+2 with rolls of 7.  Kukri #1.+2 flanking = 11. Miss!

05:47, Today: Kraw rolled 12 using 1d20+2 with rolls of 10.  Kukri #2.+2 flanking = 14, hit!
05:53, Today: Kraw rolled 3 using 1d4 with rolls of 3.  Kukri damage.
05:52, Today: Kraw rolled 8 using 1d8 with rolls of 8.  sneak attack damage.

05:47, Today: Kraw rolled 14 using 1d20-1 with rolls of 15.  Bite. +2 flanking = 16.
05:48, Today: Kraw rolled 3 using 1d3 with rolls of 3.  Bite damage.
05:49, Today: Kraw rolled 4 using 1d4 with rolls of 4.  Sneak attack damage.

18 damage done.

This message was last edited by the player at 12:54, Fri 06 July 2018.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 74 posts
 Teller of tales
 Lord of lies
Sat 7 Jul 2018
at 00:49
Re: [1.02] The Old Fishery
Kraw pecks Yagrin in the face and the man collapses, bleeding out from multiple holes in his body.

Just as Coredlia rejoins the group with her loaded crossbow one of the doors to the North opens up and a hulking half-orc with a mean grin on his face and a flail opens up. He advances on the group, giggling with glee as he brings his flail to bear on Kraw.



He twirls it around and it smashes against the wooden wall as Kraw ducks out of the way.


"Heh he he he he he...I'm gonna smash your face...he he he he he"

The giggling turns into a crazed high pitch by the end.

Round 3
OOC: I'm adjusting the round start and end to align with Giggle's so that wasn't a surprise round, he just moved into the room from the north room on his action and attacked.

NameInitiativeACHPAttackDamageStatus
Cordelia161310/10Xbow +11d8-
Giggles1215HealthyFlail +41d8+2-
Kraw61710/10Kurki +2, Bite +11d4+1/1d4/1d3-
Anya61610/10Heavy Pick +21d6+2-
Yargin--Dying---
Dog #1--Dead---

Anya Vinniter
 player, 40 posts
Sat 7 Jul 2018
at 09:15
Re: [1.02] The Old Fishery
Anya, still holding her pick in her hand, quickly puts her hand in a pouch at her belt and draws... a playing card. A sudden twist of her hand, and she’s thrown it with awesome speed straight at the attacker! The card hits him in the face, cutting up what would first look to be an annoying face cut over the cheek - but the wound appears to be much deeper than that.


OOC:
Move: Draw card
Standard: Throw card at AC21 for 5 damage.

Cordelia Abbey
 Cleric, 21 posts
Sun 8 Jul 2018
at 04:13
Re: [1.02] The Old Fishery
Cordelia comes to an abrupt stop with Anya blocking the doorway, the priestess scowling unhappily as she sees Giggles through the gap. For a moment she considers the crossbow in her hands, before sighing and tugging on her holy symbol, brandishing it towards the room.

"Suffer."

A single word, then a wave of negative energy pulsed from the Changeling, ominously flowing around Kraw and Anya to lash at Giggles.


Standard: Channel Negative for 2 damage, Will DC 14 for half, Selective Channel to ignore Anya and Kraw.

This message was last edited by the player at 14:21, Sun 08 July 2018.

Kraw
 Rogue, 48 posts
Sun 8 Jul 2018
at 05:55
Re: [1.02] The Old Fishery
Kraw dodges the giggling orc's blow, and positions himself past the guard to flank him opposite Anya(P-16?). He foregoes trying an attack sequence, instead opting for a single thrust of his oversized knife, with a measure of success.

22:51, Today: Kraw rolled 26 using 1d20+8 with rolls of 18.  Acrobatics. Succeeds
vs Giggles' (CMD+5)

22:50, Today: Kraw rolled 18 using 1d20+4 with rolls of 14.  single Kukri attack.
Hit!

22:50, Today: Kraw rolled 2 using 1d4+1 with rolls of 1.  Kukri damage.

22:50, Today: Kraw rolled 3 using 1d8 with rolls of 3.  Sneak attack damage.


2 damage done

edit: Just saw map. No flank achieved yet.

This message was last edited by the player at 08:38, Sun 08 July 2018.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 75 posts
 Teller of tales
 Lord of lies
Mon 9 Jul 2018
at 00:16
Re: [1.02] The Old Fishery
Round 3
Kraw tumbles to the other side of Giggles and stabs him with a kukri.

Anya flicks a card at Giggles causing a massive wound to his side as the card sticks into his gut.

Round 4

Cordelia causes a wave of negative energy to burst out and smash into Giggles literally draining the life out of him.

Giggles continues to giggle in a high pitched voice. He glances at the exit doors but they are all blocked so he just whirls his flail around and smashes it at Kraw who easily ducks out of the way.



NameInitiativeACHPAttackDamageStatus
Cordelia161310/10Xbow +11d8-
Giggles1215MauledFlail +41d8+2-
Kraw61710/10Kurki +2, Bite +11d4+1/1d4/1d3-
Anya61610/10Heavy Pick +21d6+2-
Yargin--Dying---
Dog #1--Dead---

HealthyBruisedHurtInjuredWoundedMauledCrippledDyingDead
100%99% - 75%75% - 60%60% - 45%45% - 30%30% - 15%15% - 0%0% >Dead

Anya Vinniter
 player, 43 posts
Mon 9 Jul 2018
at 05:11
Re: [1.02] The Old Fishery
Anya draws another card and sends it flying at a dangerous speed, over Giggles’ shoulder... She then steps up towards him, waving her pick threatening around him.


Move: Draw card
Standard: Throw, missing (14)
5-foot step into Kraw’s previous position, now flanking with Kraw.

This message was last edited by the player at 07:39, Mon 09 July 2018.