[1.02] The Old Fishery.   Posted by Dungeon Master.Group: 0
Cordelia Abbey
 Cleric, 31 posts
Wed 1 Aug 2018
at 02:37
[1.02] The Old Fishery
Oh god spiders why?! Cordelia let out a yelp of pain as the biting began, kicking and flailing to try and keep the nasty things at bay. Even as the pain began to burn, she pulled on her holy symbol and took note of her allies positions.

"Begone!"

A flare, and noxious energy swarmed around her, spreading out and once again avoiding her companions.


Channel Negative Energy.
19:33, Today: Cordelia Abbey rolled 4 using 1d6 with rolls of 4.  Negative.
19:34, Today: Cordelia Abbey rolled 7 using 1d20+4 with rolls of 3.  Fort Save.
19:34, Today: Cordelia Abbey rolled 7 using 1d20+4 with rolls of 3.  Fort Save.

Kraw
 Rogue, 67 posts
Wed 1 Aug 2018
at 07:55
[1.02] The Old Fishery
Kraw brushes aside the first bite, but cannot stifle a yelp at the second. He takes control of the grapple and brings his Kukri down upon it.

Fort Save 20 on d20+2.
Fort Save 3 on d20+2.

Grapple confirm 20 on d20+6.
Kukri damage 3 on d4+1.

OOC: Is that the right way to resolve it? It doesn't seem right
Dungeon Master
 GM, 99 posts
 Teller of tales
 Lord of lies
Thu 2 Aug 2018
at 20:53
[1.02] The Old Fishery
<b>Round 1 cont.

Cordelia lets loose another sickly blast of negative energy. 4 of the spiders all curl up and die while the other stay standing but don't look too good.

OOC: Only spiders 1 and 4 make their save
Cordelia takes 1 pt of strength damage. Due to double exposure subsequent DCs are now 12. Please continue to make Fort saves vs. DC 12




Anya steps back (to avoid the AoO) and flicks a card at the wounded spider, bisecting it in half.

Kraw steps off the stairwell and uses his knives to kill the last spider.

OOC: Combat has ended! Each character earns 200xp for the encounter


|! Name |! Initiative |! AC |! HP |! Attack |! Damage |! Status |

Anya201610/10Heavy Pick +21d6+2-
Kraw7156/10Kurki +2, Bite +11d4+1/1d4/1d32 NL, -1 STR
Cordelia21310/10Xbow +11d82 NL, -1 STR




HealthyBruisedHurtInjuredWoundedMauledCrippledDyingDead
100%99% - 75%75% - 60%60% - 45%45% - 30%30% - 15%15% - 0%0% >Dead




OOC: Kraw and Cordelia are still poisoned so we are still acting in a round-by-round status in case people would like to attempt to use Heal to treat poisons. DC is 10 for Kraw, 12 for Cordelia.

Cordelia Abbey
 Cleric, 32 posts
Sun 5 Aug 2018
at 14:35
[1.02] The Old Fishery
With the collapse of the spiders Cordelia slumps down as well, wincing at the pain from her bites. This . . . yep, she could feel the weakness seeping into her bones. "Poison." Fortunately she's not a bad healer, and proceeds to start taking care of herself as best she can.

"Anyone else feeling the burn?"

The last thing the group needs is to be suffering from spider bites when they find Lamm. He'd be just the type of prick that would take advantage of it!



OOC: 07:31, Today: Cordelia Abbey rolled 19 using 1d20+7 with rolls of 12.  Heal Check Self.
07:32, Today: Cordelia Abbey rolled 6 using 1d20+4 with rolls of 2.  Fort Save if necessary.

Anya Vinniter
 player, 73 posts
Mon 6 Aug 2018
at 08:15
[1.02] The Old Fishery
”I got away without a bite... Anyone have a torch? I can’t see anything down here.” Anya tries to look around while the others care for their wounds, but find only darkness.
Kraw
 Rogue, 69 posts
Mon 6 Aug 2018
at 09:24
[1.02] The Old Fishery
"I got bitten too. Kind of feels numb where they bit me" Kraw says as he looks around.


Fort Save 16 on d20+2.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 101 posts
 Teller of tales
 Lord of lies
Mon 6 Aug 2018
at 19:31
[1.02] The Old Fishery
Kraw feels the burn go away and by carefully tying off her leg Cordellia thins out the poison as well. The hold is still too dark to see anything clearly though.
Kraw
 Rogue, 71 posts
Tue 14 Aug 2018
at 01:15
[1.02] The Old Fishery
Kraw shrugs, then pulls out a thin rod. Activating the Sunrod suddenly gives them light to see by, and he holds it in his off hand. He looks around the room for anything of interest.

Take 10 on Perception for a 18 result.

This message was last edited by the player at 01:15, Tue 14 Aug 2018.

Anya Vinniter
 player, 75 posts
Tue 14 Aug 2018
at 20:42
[1.02] The Old Fishery
"Oh, good!"
Anya at once starts looking around, carefully (much too carefully) avoiding all the spider webs...

OOC: Perception of 11 :(
Dungeon Master
 GM, 105 posts
 Teller of tales
 Lord of lies
Wed 15 Aug 2018
at 05:00
[1.02] The Old Fishery
Taking a careful look at the walls Kraw notices a seam and he and Anya are able to pry open a secret hatch in the side of the ship.

On the other side they see a narrow space that exists under the fishery, with about four feet of room between the floor of the building above and the languid, foamy river water below. In the water underneath the hole in the fishery above is circling the fin of a jigsaw shark.

Wooden pilings support the building, and moss and cobwebs hang thick from ropes and rusted chains between them. A wooden walkway floats on the river surface, winding along the inner wall of pilings that supports the building’s frame above, leading from the sodden barge to the east all the way west to a wooden door that leads into an understructure below the fishery’s landbound half.
Anya Vinniter
 player, 76 posts
Thu 16 Aug 2018
at 11:59
[1.02] The Old Fishery
”Wow, did not see this coming...” Anya says, looking out towards the hideout at sea level. She climbs out onto the walkway, and carefully walks forward - seeing as the walkway is floating on the water, she realizes a misstep or broken board would likely put her straight in the water... But hopefully, the shark will stay down there.

Anya studies the building in front of her as she walks.

OOC: Does the building appear to be the same size as above, or smaller? If it looks like just one small room, she might cast a spell before entering - expecting Gaedren to be hiding in there. With no clear indication however, she’d hold off on the spellcasting... (can’t see the correct map, I think it’s because I’m on my phone.)
Dungeon Master
 GM, 107 posts
 Teller of tales
 Lord of lies
Thu 16 Aug 2018
at 12:24
[1.02] The Old Fishery
OOC: Not your phone, looks like I didnt upload the new map

The lower level building looks to be about half the size of the fishery’s first floor. The main processing plant section is overhanging the water but the rooms closer to shore like the offices and barracks are built over the lower level. It could be a single room, it could be several.
Kraw
 Rogue, 73 posts
Thu 16 Aug 2018
at 12:41
[1.02] The Old Fishery
Kraw walks carefully behind Anya. "I probably ought to have gone first" he says. "If the entrance to Gaedrun's hideout is trapped, you'll need me there to try to disarm it".
Anya Vinniter
 player, 77 posts
Thu 16 Aug 2018
at 14:31
[1.02] The Old Fishery
”Good idea, you try that!” Anya squeezes past Kraw to let him through to the door.
Cordelia Abbey
 Cleric, 35 posts
Thu 16 Aug 2018
at 21:54
[1.02] The Old Fishery
Cordelia follows into the hold and seeing the disappearing light through the hole in the side of the ship, she moves quickly to the edge of the boat.  Then once she sees the walkway that is in front of them, she slows down and carefully brings up the rear.

She checks her crossbow as Kraw moves past Anya to make certain she has it loaded if she needs to shoot.  "I don't suppose we'd be so lucky to find Lamm in there." she says, half to herself, half to the others.
Anya Vinniter
 player, 79 posts
Sat 18 Aug 2018
at 10:53
[1.02] The Old Fishery
”It’s possible... I... I hope so.” Anya says. She lets her pick hang at her belt and draws a card, holding it ready in her hand. Once Kraw had inspected the door for traps, Anya followed him through it.
Kraw
 Rogue, 75 posts
Sat 18 Aug 2018
at 12:54
[1.02] The Old Fishery
Kraw examines the door. "Kinda wish I had Hookshank's body here. I'd hold it up as a shield in case Lamm is on the other side with a loaded crossbow." He looks over the door, and tries to open it (assuming it is locked).

05:51, Today: Kraw rolled 12 using 1d20+8 with rolls of 4.  Perception.
05:51, Today: Kraw rolled 15 using 1d20+8 with rolls of 7.  Disable Device.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 111 posts
 Teller of tales
 Lord of lies
Wed 22 Aug 2018
at 05:50
[1.02] The Old Fishery
Opening the door reveals Gaedren Lamm, that hunchbacked thieving snake, plague on Korvosa’s forgotten children, and all-around despicable wretch. He is sitting at table piled with copper coins and bits of jewelry with a jeweled dagger clutched in one hand.

When he locks eyes with the group a cruel smile crosses his face. He uses the dagger to gesture at Kraw and Anya.

"You two...so you're the ones making all that ruckus upstairs. So, you couldn't get enough shiver and now you're here looking to bargain at the end of a knife? Well good for you. Tell you what, you work for me and you can have all the shiver you want!"

He reaches into a pouch and pulls out a distinctive little cloth pouch that both Anya and Kraw recognize all too well. Gaedron then seems to take in Cordelia at the back of the crowd.

"And you! You ungrateful little wretch! I should have fed you to Gobblegut the moment you were dropped off at my door. I cared for you when nobody else would! I looked out for you when anyone else would have drowned a freak like you in the river and this is how you repay me?"

He uses his knife point to gesture between Anya, Kraw and Cordelia.

"Tell you what. Either one of you cuts out her heart and you can be my new right-hand man. Whatdya say?  You know I'm good for it? This little operation will mean you never have to work for your next fix again!"

He had a smug look on his face as though the winning move had already been made. At Gaedron's feet underneath the table was his pet alligator, Gobblegut, curled up and seemingly asleep although it was clear it was fully aware of the potential food that had just walked into Gaedron's room.
Anya Vinniter
 player, 80 posts
Wed 22 Aug 2018
at 21:32
[1.02] The Old Fishery
Anya kept on moving into the room, taking slow steps forward as Gaedren spoke, moving around the large hole in the floor rather than towards him. She stopped for a moment, fixing her gaze on the pouch in his hands, then looked back at his face and continued moving. "Stop it, Gaedren!" She pointed at him, then glanced quickly towards Kraw. "There's not gonna be another right hand for you! This city isn't for you anymore."


OOC: If allowed, Anya moves to T34. Ready to roll initiative when you guys are!
Kraw
 Rogue, 77 posts
Thu 23 Aug 2018
at 12:16
[1.02] The Old Fishery
Kraw moves forward to P-30, saying "Shiver! I need....I want..." as he palms a dagger from his belt and throws it at the seated man. "I want revenge is what I want. And your scaly pet won't care if it's your guts he eats or mine."

04:30, Today: Kraw rolled 19 using 1d20+4 with rolls of 15.  Initiative.
05:16, Today: Kraw rolled 15 using 1d20+8 with rolls of 7.  Sleight of Hand.

05:12, Today: Kraw rolled 11 using 1d20+2 with rolls of 9.  Thrown dagger attack, -2 for range.

05:13, Today: Kraw rolled 2 using 1d4+1 with rolls of 1.  Dagger damage.
05:16, Today: Kraw rolled 4 using 1d6 with rolls of 4.  Sneak attack, if applicable

This message was last edited by the player at 11:31, Sun 26 Aug 2018.

Cordelia Abbey
 Cleric, 37 posts
Thu 23 Aug 2018
at 19:08
[1.02] The Old Fishery
Cordelia holds her breath for a half moment as Gaedren makes his vile offer to her compatriots.   But as she sees actions unfold in front of her, she knows that she only has one enemy in the room, and the others with her would just as gladly see him dead as she would.

She just smiles at Lamm and asks innocently, "Miss me, did you?"

Suddenly, there are two of her grinning at the man as she and her twin both move closer to crocodile.

Move: Copycat - create a mirror image
Move: Move to P30
Standard: Channel Negative Energy - Lamm and croc - 4 damage Will Save for 2 damage.

12:03, Today: Cordelia Abbey rolled 4 using 1d6 with rolls of 4.  Channel Negative Energy Damage. - just realized I was out of range.  Not using yet.
12:03, Today: Cordelia Abbey rolled 16 using 1d20+1 with rolls of 15.  Initiative.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 114 posts
 Teller of tales
 Lord of lies
Wed 29 Aug 2018
at 03:03
[1.02] The Old Fishery
Surprise Round
Gaedron doesn't see the knife being palmed and Kraw's attack knicks the side of Gaedron's head.

OOC: Anya's action...

Cordelia creates an illusory double.




Round 1
Gaedron curses and pulls out his hand crossbow, fiddling and trying to load the thing while shouting for his pet alligator to attack the intruders.


|! Name |! Initiative |! AC |! HP |! Attack |! Damage |! Status |

Gaedron2113BruisedHand Xbow +71d4-
Anya211610/10Cards +31d4+2-
Kraw19156/10Kurki +2, Bite +11d4+1/1d4/1d32 NL, -1 STR
Cordelia161310/10Xbow +11d82 NL, -1 STR
Gobbleguts8??HealthyBite +5, Tail Slap +01d8+4, 1d12+2 

HealthyBruisedHurtInjuredWoundedMauledCrippledDyingDead
100%99% - 75%75% - 60%60% - 45%45% - 30%30% - 15%15% - 0%0% >Dead

Anya Vinniter
 player, 82 posts
Thu 30 Aug 2018
at 19:53
[1.02] The Old Fishery
OOC: Didn't think I was supposed to take any action before initiative was rolled ^_^

Anya casts a protective spell as she moves forward. Reaching the door, she puts her hand on her deck of cards in her pouch - holding it there for a moment as she enhances it with magical energy as she has practised before... Then she draws and flings a card at Gaedren's guardian pet.

OOC:
Round 1
Standard: Cast Shield
Move: Move to U29

Round 2
Swift: Enhance deck with Arcane Pool to +1.
Move: Draw card
Standard: Throw card at Gobbleguts, hitting (flat-footed?) AC 9 for 7 damage.

Cordelia Abbey
 Cleric, 38 posts
Fri 31 Aug 2018
at 16:15
[1.02] The Old Fishery
Cordelia smiles darkly as she sees that she is in range.  Her double fades before reforming again.  Both Cordelias fling her hands out and dark energy flows around the tengu at both the large crocodile and Lamm.  "I'm not quite the same anymore, Gaedron."

OOC:
Move: Copycat (lasts 1 round)
Standard - Channel Negative Energy - 6 damage - DC14 Save
09:12, Today: Cordelia Abbey rolled 6 using 1d6 with rolls of 6.  Channel Negative Energy.

Kraw
 Rogue, 81 posts
Wed 5 Sep 2018
at 14:17
[1.02] The Old Fishery
Kraw throws another dagger, missing badly.

Thrown dagger attack 5 on d20+2.

Kraw then tries to jump to a post in the water in an effort to circle the croc. This goes even less well.

Acrobatics 9 on d20+8. Fumble.

This message was last edited by the player at 00:03, Thu 06 Sept 2018.