[1.05] The Ambassador's Secret.   Posted by Dungeon Master.Group: 0
Dungeon Master
 GM, 208 posts
 Teller of tales
 Lord of lies
Sat 4 May 2019
at 03:15
[1.05] The Ambassador's Secret
Back at the guard HQ the guards give the party quite the strange looks when they roll up with three men trussed up in the back of a wagon splattered in blood smelling like a rotten slaughterhouse.

One of the deputies at the door steps to block their path and holds up a hand while the other three guards grip their swords and spears tightly.

"Halt! Who goes there! State or business or begone!"

OOC: As a reminder it's late, probably close to midnight by the time you're done searching the shop and hauling the criminals back through the street.

Kraw
 Rogue, 172 posts
 HP 14/16 AC 18
 F+2 R+7 W+2
Sat 4 May 2019
at 05:48
[1.05] The Ambassador's Secret
Kraw says "special delivery for Cressida. She around?"
Kyra
 player, 54 posts
Sun 5 May 2019
at 16:09
[1.05] The Ambassador's Secret
"Yes, we are just delivering this bunch to the cells on a mission for the Marshal. Desertion, resisting arrest and being idiots in the first degree." Kyra adds from the back while trying to see if she knows the guards on duty.
Figus Dva
 player, 77 posts
Tue 7 May 2019
at 00:22
[1.05] The Ambassador's Secret
Figus decided to keep quite for now. They did not need to explain themselves to all the lowly gate guards.
Ayeesha
 Bloodrager, 94 posts
Tue 7 May 2019
at 04:20
[1.05] The Ambassador's Secret
Still fuming at the fact that they found nothing NOTHING else at 'All the World's Meat!' she followed the others up to the guards.

She suggested before they reached the guard house that the building was abandoned now, and that maybe they could search it again later?
Cressida Kroft
 NPC, 3 posts
 Human Female
 Field Marshal
Tue 7 May 2019
at 21:05
[1.05] The Ambassador's Secret
The guards hesitate for a bit considering the scene. Finally the officer in charge sends a runner to wake the Field Marshall from her slumber. Cressida marches out a few minutes later with a determined pace despite looking half-asleep. Her hair is wild, she is in simple underclothes instead of her armored uniform and her eyes never open beyond half-slits however her voice is strong and clear and her command is absolute.

"I thought I had asked you to try and bring them in alive. This kind of slaughter is not becoming of..."

She pauses and wipes the sleep from her eyes as she resolves the dissonance between the ungodly smell of blood and slaughter and the still breathing guards before her. She strides over to the side and lifts the head of Vandercaskin and seeing him still breathing she lets it fall back to the wagon with a soft thump followed by a softer moan from  Verik.

"My apologies for making such a hasty judgement. I see now that you performed your task with considerable care. Verik will stand trial as well as his...three companions. Did the fourth escape or was justice served in a more immediate sense?"

She considers their response before continuing.

"In any event you have exceeded my expectations. When the Queen sent you over to help I admit I was nervous that this was a purely political appointment but now I am confident she sent you here to truly help restore order to the city. Go get yourselves cleaned up and rest in the barracks. Report to me tomorrow at 08:00 and I will have your reward ready, as well as your next assignment if you so choose.  Guardsmen Figus and Kyra, consider that an order on all accounts. You two...Kraw was it? And Ayeesha? Consider it an invitation that I would greatly appreciate you accepting."
Ayeesha
 Bloodrager, 95 posts
Tue 7 May 2019
at 22:00
[1.05] The Ambassador's Secret
Ayeesha raised an eyebrow at Cressida's state of dress, but said nothing at first. When asked about the guards she replied, "They have a saying where I come from. Two out of three ain't bad. I figure three out of four is even better, right?"

She shrugged at the offer of the barracks. "Place to sleep is as good as any. And just so we're clear, we get to keep what we found on the deserters and in their lair, right?"

"You got a wizard or anybody who is good at identifying magic stuff on the guard payroll? They should have a look at this."

She indicated the ornate silver dagger OOC: Can't remember who is holding it. Kraw?

Do we have an accounting of what we got off of Vencaskerkin and the other deserters, or looted from 'All the World is Meat'?

Kraw
 Rogue, 174 posts
 HP 14/16 AC 18
 F+2 R+7 W+2
Tue 7 May 2019
at 23:11
[1.05] The Ambassador's Secret
Kraw pulls out the silver dagger. He indicates the dead body on the side. "had to kill one.  Couldn't get to him with the usual sap. "
Figus Dva
 player, 78 posts
Wed 8 May 2019
at 00:29
[1.05] The Ambassador's Secret
Figus listened to what the commander had to say. It was unusual to hear her apologize, but welcome. A commander who could admit to a mistake was one worth admiring. When order to report   in the morning Figus saluted  "Yes sir! And thank you sir!" was his reply.
Kyra
 player, 55 posts
Wed 8 May 2019
at 12:47
[1.05] The Ambassador's Secret
Kyra too gives a salute, but hers is much less snappy and much more tired. It's been a long day.

Kyra can try to identify the dagger tomorrow. Arrows, she can try now.
14:46, Today: Kyra rolled 21 using 1d20+7 with rolls of 14.  Spellcraft.