Survival Training.   Posted by The Force Surrounds Us.Group: 0
Kurgan
 player, 27 posts
 Wounds: 00/19
 Strain: 00/09
Sat 27 Aug 2016
at 03:53
Survival Training
Glaive in hand, the wookie crouched as low as he could and still move forward at a decent pace.  He had seen other wookies getting much lower, but he wasn't used to low crawling while holding his weapon and breathing.  It was hard work.  Breathing heavily while trying to ignore the smell of the foul feces still clinging to his feet wasn't easy and those watching could see it.

OOC:
Stelath:  No success, 1 advantage.

The Force Surrounds Us
 GM, 52 posts
 It binds the universe
 together
Sat 27 Aug 2016
at 20:38
Survival Training
The animals sensed your movement, but other than to extend their ears and turn in your direction, there was little response.  A subtle shift in position as two of the three of each group took one step towards your positions, heads high, while the third took a step away - with head down.

OOC
Rolling cool for you two and vigilance for the animals for initiative

Initiative Order
Truk - 5,2
Dienton - 4,0
R2 (1 creature) - 2,2
G1 (2 creatures) - 2,0
G2 (2 creatures) - 1,2
Kurgan - 0,2
R1 (1 creature) - 0,2

Truk W0, S2 - Medium Range
Kurgan W0, S0 - Long Range - one more maneuver for medium
Dienton W0, S2 - Medium Range - Moved with Truk

Truk Bwanrata
 player, 36 posts
 Wound: 0/11
 Strain: 2/13
Sun 28 Aug 2016
at 21:01
Survival Training
In reply to The Force Surrounds Us (msg # 71):

Truk, crouched next to Dienton, peeked up above the tall grass to get a better line of sight.

"Ok Dienton," Truk said.  "It looks like our little stealth move wasn't so great, but we are within range, so lets just go for this.  On three?"

Truk quietly counts to three, stands up and fires at the closest Bovine creature (G1).  With an amazing hit, the beast roars out causing the bovine next to him to cower in fear.  Truk gives a victorious shout, but realizes that something may be wrong.

OOC:

Attack dice pool:  1P 2A 2D.
Result:  5 Success, 3 threat, 1 Triumph

Hit: 5 success + 7 damage = 12 hit

Triumph:  With the cowering bovine, it should leave the two upfront unprepared for Dienton's attack.  Upgrade to Dienton!!

Threat:  Something more ominous comes?  (suggestion)

This message was last edited by the player at 02:07, Mon 29 Aug 2016.

Dienton
 player, 9 posts
 Wound: 0/11
 Strain: 0/13
Mon 29 Aug 2016
at 02:19
Survival Training
Moments behind Truk, Dienton also pops up from the grass and lays down a heavy dose of blaster fire on the two closest creatures.  The sight of Truk's target bellowing and falling to the ground, compeltely still, reinforces to him that this is their fight to win!

The laser bolts streak throught the air and the second animal takes multiple hits, right between the eyes, and drops like their escape pod.

OOC
Truks damage kills 1/2 in G1


Dienton 2P2A - Thanks truk!
3 Success = 8 Damage Presoak
Triumph = Trigger Critical which kills the creature - G1 is down - Sheesh.

The Force Surrounds Us
 GM, 54 posts
 It binds the universe
 together
Mon 29 Aug 2016
at 02:35
Survival Training
R1 - As the two leading animals drop to the ground you see that the creature that had backed up was a bit larger than the other two and appeared to have a young calf in tow.  Seeing their protectors drop suddenly, the creature fears for its young and charges towards the group.

Once within close range, it digs in its heels and coughs a spray of stinging liquid towards Dienton and Truks position.  The spray lands short, leaving them unscathed, but the grass in from of them begins to smoke - a noxious fume rises in the air.

G1 - Dead as a door-nail

G2 - Both lead creatures also charge forward and attempt to spray Dienton and Truk, drops of stinging liquid land on their outstretched arms causing immediate pain. They bellow in triumph as their strike hits home.


OOC
R1 Attack - 0 success (Miss)
          - 2 advantage - 1 setback to Truks next attack.

G2 Attack - 1 success - 7 Damage presoak)
          - 2 advantage - spent for "AutoFire" to hit both players

              R1           G2            R2
Kurgan      Medium    Medium    Long
Truk          Close       Close     Medium
Dienton     Close       Close     Medium

Kurgan
 player, 29 posts
 Wounds: 00/19
 Strain: 00/09
Tue 30 Aug 2016
at 23:06
Survival Training
In reply to The Force Surrounds Us (msg # 74):

Kurgan fronwed when he spotted the smoking grass and knew the animal history he had recollected had been true.  Pausing, Kuragn considers his options before taking action ...

OOC:
Bunching up into fireball formation seems like a bad idea.
Can I move into melee attack range and attack if I take strain?
If not, I'd like to move around but close in to short range this round and attack next round.

The Force Surrounds Us
 GM, 58 posts
 It binds the universe
 together
Tue 30 Aug 2016
at 23:48
Survival Training
OOC
2 maneuvers from long to medium
1 maneuver from medium to short
1 maneuver from short to engaged.

So, yes - 2 strain gets you two maneuvers and thus engaged with either R1 or G2, who are at medium range

Kurgan
 player, 30 posts
 Bounty Hunter-Assassin
 W: 00/19 S: 00/09
Wed 31 Aug 2016
at 01:49
Survival Training
In reply to The Force Surrounds Us (msg # 76):

OOC:
Still new ... but do I get 1 maneuver and 1 'action' for free during my turn?

The Force Surrounds Us
 GM, 59 posts
 It binds the universe
 together
Wed 31 Aug 2016
at 02:04
Survival Training
Yes - thats right.  1 free action, 1 maneuver.  Second maneuver for 2 strain.  No way to get a second action without rolling a double triumph or some talent gets activated that allows it.
Kurgan
 player, 32 posts
 Bounty Hunter-Assassin
 W: 00/19 S: 02/09
Wed 31 Aug 2016
at 02:54
Survival Training
Charging forward, Kurgan raises his Vibro-Glaive bringing it down in a hard slash across the herd animal.  Lips draw back as the blood sprays in a wide arc, the Wookie felt the wild blood sing in his ears, this was hunting!

"Spread out!" Kurgan yells to his comrades in arms.

OOC:
Kurgan rolled 1 success, 2 advantages.
Vibro-glaive: Damage: 7, Special: Def 2, Pierce 3
I'll give a boost die to the next player that shoots.

The Force Surrounds Us
 GM, 64 posts
 It binds the universe
 together
Wed 31 Aug 2016
at 13:58
Survival Training
Kurgan swings his blade and feels it bit deep into one of the remaining animals, it did not sink as deeply as he expected.  The hide is tougher than it looks, the animal screams in pain and rears up on its hind legs to strike down at Kurgan, the agile wookie spins out of the way as the hooves crash down with several hundred pounds of force.

Kurgan managed to avoid the damage, but was clipped by the animals body as it landed.  He is pushed and slightly dazed from the impact.


OOC
Kurgan Im assuming you attacked R1, please let me know who you attack next time

R1 - "Brawl" attack on Kurgan
1 Failure - No Damage
5 Advantage - 2 Setback to Kurgans next attack.

Round 2 - Initiative Order (Cool)
Kurgan - 3,1
Truk - 2,3
R2 - 2,0
Dienton - 1,1
G2 - 1,1
R1 - 0,1 - Wound-6


                 R1             G2            R2
Kurgan      Engaged      Short      Medium
Truk          Short           Short      Medium
Dienton       Short         Short      Medium


This message was last edited by the GM at 14:21, Wed 31 Aug 2016.

Kurgan
 player, 34 posts
 Bounty Hunter-Assassin
 W: 00/19 S: 02/09
Thu 1 Sep 2016
at 02:49
Survival Training
Stumbling back, the large creature nearly knocked the wind out of Kurgan.  Powering through the pain, the discomfort and feeling the thrill of the Hunt Kurgan's adrenaline surged powerfully through the wookies body, exhilerating him and giving strength to his combat reflex's.

Jumping with his powerful legs, Kurgan lept over the herd animal's thrashing head, spinning in an arc slicing through the beast with a powerful blow.  "This one mine, take the next one!" Kurgan bellows to Truk and Dienton.

OOC:
4 successes, 2 advantages
Damage: 11  Glaive, Special: Def 2, Pierce 3
Combined with my last two advantages, I'll give 2 boost dice to Truk's next attack.

The Force Surrounds Us
 GM, 67 posts
 It binds the universe
 together
Thu 1 Sep 2016
at 03:09
Survival Training
Kurgan, flying through the air, buries his weapon into the beast's spine - it dropped silently to the ground - its life spent.  It had died defending the young of it's hurd.

OOC
R1 - dead

This message was last edited by the GM at 03:10, Thu 01 Sept 2016.

Truk Bwanrata
 player, 42 posts
 Smuggler-Scoundrel
 W: 0/11 S: 2/13
Thu 1 Sep 2016
at 03:18
Survival Training
In reply to The Force Surrounds Us (msg # 82):

Bolstered by Kurgan strong attack against the beast, Truk takes aim at the closest beast to him.  'This should be no problem,' Truk thought. 'Except for that weird acid.'

As he sees the beast glare at him, Truk coolly pulls the trigger.

OOC:
Attacking G2 (closest beast)

Dice Pool:  1P 2A 1D 3B 1S (2 boost from Kurgan and 1 from aim, setback from previous bovine attack)

Result:  5 success.  12 Damage (5 succuss + 7 wep damage)

The Force Surrounds Us
 GM, 68 posts
 It binds the universe
 together
Thu 1 Sep 2016
at 20:50
Survival Training
Truks bolts drilled into the head of his chosen target.  Bolt after bolt, again and again, until the animal dropped and stopped moving.

R2 - The lone animal bellowed in challenge as it thundered towards the conflict, its cry sounding of pain and uncertainty.  It stopped at short range of Truk and Dienton, but focused its attack on Truk. The acid belched from its maw - the stream was more focused this time, pattering against Truks clothing, head and hands

Dienton - He takes a few steps away from Truk, but remains close to provide support.  He readies his blaster and fires on the animal that had just sprayed his . .  comrade.  His bolts struck home, the animals hide sizzled from the heat.

G2 - Moving to attack the Largest Threat, engaged with Kurgan it lashed out with its hooves striking the wookie in the shoulder, the blunt impact causing some deep tissue damage, but little else.



OOC
R2 Attack on Truk - 1 success = 7 damage to Truk(Presoak)
Dienton Attack on R2 - 2 success = 7 damage (presoak)
G2 Attack on Kurgan - 1 success = 7 damage (Pierce 1 - ignores 1 point of soak)

Lets keep the same initiative order

Round 3
Kurgan
Truk
R2
Dienton
G2 (Only one animal now)

Kurgan
 player, 35 posts
 Bounty Hunter-Assassin
 W: 01/19 S: 02/09
Fri 2 Sep 2016
at 01:27
Survival Training
Wincing from the wound, Kurgan faces the bison like beast bellowing in anger.  Pivoting on his back leg, he swept the vibro-glaive in front of him, attempting to cut the best's leg off.  Feeling the wookie rage beginning to form, the warrior let the blood rage flow, cutting off some of his peripheral vision, but used the rage to fuel his strength, cutting deeply into the beast.  Words were not needed when in battle, only smugglers needed to talk when shooting, real men let their weapons talk and the dead ... never listened but those who heard the stories afterward, they would tell the story over and over again.

OOC:
5 successes, 2 advantages
Damage:  13 = 5 (str) +2 (glaive) +5 (successes) + 1 (wounded wookie)
Glaive: Def 2, Pierce 3

The Force Surrounds Us
 GM, 71 posts
 It binds the universe
 together
Fri 2 Sep 2016
at 01:58
Survival Training
The Wookies strength overpowered the animal.  With a single low swing, the beasts front two legs came off with a clean line - the animal toppled forward, quickly bleeding to death on the ground.  His low moans of pain growing weaker by the second.


OOC
G2 - Dead

Kurgan
 player, 36 posts
 Bounty Hunter-Assassin
 W: 01/19 S: 02/09
Fri 2 Sep 2016
at 02:46
Survival Training
Breathing heavily from the fight and his own exertion Kurgan places his foot upon the beast, turns his head to the sky and howls his cry of victory.

Looking to his companions he nods, "Hope you like steak." he offers with a wolfie grin.  Putting away his glaive, Kurgan draws out his vibro-knife and begins to gut the beast, skinning it in the process as well.  Cutting off a large slap of hide, Kurgan places the hide on the ground before beginning to cut off large chunks of meat, laying them on the hide for later smoking or cooking.

"Poison glands located at the base of the neck.  Leave neck alone and meat should be fine." Kurgan growls to his companions reminding them of what he had said before.
The Force Surrounds Us
 GM, 74 posts
 It binds the universe
 together
Fri 2 Sep 2016
at 03:16
Survival Training
R2 is still alive and kicking, though wounded
Truk Bwanrata
 player, 47 posts
 Smuggler-Scoundrel
 W: 0/11 S: 2/13
Fri 2 Sep 2016
at 14:32
Survival Training
In reply to The Force Surrounds Us (msg # 88):

Turk looked over at Kurgan already carving up the bovine he just killed and saw that there was still one more beast left to deal with.

"Hey Wookie!  First we work, then we eat!" Truk said with a half grin.  He walked over to the beast lying on the ground to put him out of his misery.  Just as he was about to shoot the beast roared and startled Truk.  Truk prematurely squeezed off a blast, which missed, but the sound of the weapon frightened the bovine enough that it now laid dormant.

OOC:
1 maneuver to get to short range
Dice pool: 1P 2A 1D
Result:  No success, 2 advantage (give boost die to Dienton - he'll be the real hero here.)

The Force Surrounds Us
 GM, 75 posts
 It binds the universe
 together
Sun 4 Sep 2016
at 01:57
Survival Training
The last animal standing was wounded, but not down and out.  Truk walked over and presented the perfect target - the animal stuck out with its powerful legs, catching the bothan in the center of his chest.  With a whoosh of lost breath, Truk landed flat on his back, and lay still.

Dienton watched in horror as Truk was removed from the fight - with surging adrenaline he aimed and fired several shots into the animals exposed hide.  With a final bellow of defiance, the animal collapsed near Truk and lay still.

Dienton rushed over to Truk and grabbed his medpac - The bothan was alive, but at deaths door.  With quick fingers, Dienton bandaged his wounds and applied narcotics to keep his vitals regular.  Even with this, Truk lay silent on the ground, breathing shallowly.  With a flick of his wrist, he stabs Truk with a stimpack.  It took only a few minutes before Truks eyes began to flutter open - A worried looking Chadra Fan leaning close is the first thing he sees, "How do you feel?" he asks.

The scene was gruesome.  Six 400 pound animals had been dispatched, the two young calves had begun to wander away from their dead herd, braying in confusion at their loss.  Their chances alone with no protectors were . . dismal.

OOC
R2 Attack on Truk
2 success - 8 damage (pierce 1) - by my count thats 17 points of damage after soak
Truk suffers a critical Injury due to exceeding his W threshhold: Slowed Down
1 threat - R2 take 1 strain

Dienton Attack on R2
2 success - 7 damage - barely enough to kill R2

Dienton Medicine check on Truk
4 success - recover 4 wound - Truk now at -2
1 threat - 1 strain to Dienton
 - 1 stimpack get +6 more health(Talent Used) - Truk now at W4/11

Truk Bwanrata
 player, 48 posts
 Smuggler-Scoundrel
 W: 5/11 S: 2/13
Sun 4 Sep 2016
at 02:37
Survival Training
In reply to The Force Surrounds Us (msg # 90):

'That blow.  That blow was...  Ugh I feel terrible,' Truk thought staring up at the sky.  Clearly, Dienton had done his work and came through for him, otherwise he would be taking a dirt nap.

"Hey Dienton..." Truk said weakly. "Thanks for the pick me up."  Truk coughed roughly as the battered ribs reminded him that he should have played it a bit more carefully.

"Oh..." Truk said with a half-cocked grin. "and take if from me: don't get cocky..."  With that, he closed his eyes and laid his head back to take a few more moments to rest, but suddenly his eyes shot open and he snapped his head towards Kurgan.

"Hey Wookie!  When's the steak going to be ready?!"

OOC:

Well that sucked!  Ha!

Kurgan
 player, 37 posts
 Bounty Hunter-Assassin
 W: 01/19 S: 02/09
Sun 4 Sep 2016
at 21:27
Survival Training
In the heat of battle, Kurgan hadn't seen the other one still up.  It must have been the rage or perhaps he was overconfident in his companions ability to shoot and hunt.

As Truk went flying through the air, Kurgan laid down his knife and picked up his glaive, startled to see the man could fly.  Growling, he stood as Dienton finished the beast.

Worried Truk may not survive the terrible blow, he was no wookie after all, Kurgan moved beside the other two, watching the medicine applied on the wounded man.

As Truk showed signs of recovery, Kurgan grinned, "How you like steak?  Rare and bloody?  Ready now." he chortles.

"You fly well for a short man." he grunts, "but you need to work on your landing.  It was very rough."

With both men doing well, Kurgan watched the young.  He knew they would likely die.  Perhaps they could be domesticated, trained and used to haul their food, their mother and father's meat for them.  Alone, the two would die.

Kurgan didn't like killing so many, it was not needed, but he knew the predators and scavengers would eat well tonight and survival of the fittest was the rule, not the exception in the wild.  "Alone, those two will die.  Either of you good at animal husbandry?" the Bounty Hunter asked his companions.

Moving back to butchering the meat, Kurgan gave some thought to how best to tame at least one as a beast of burden for the next few nights.

OOC:
What skill would be needed to 'tame' the two young?

The Force Surrounds Us
 GM, 76 posts
 It binds the universe
 together
Mon 5 Sep 2016
at 02:09
Survival Training
Kurgan, Truk, and Dienton sit around a small fire cooking several large cowboy style steaks over the fire.  The animal carcasses were several hundred feet away, the team having moved the fire to avoid the grizzly scene.  The animal fat sizzled and spat as the heat from the fire cooked the meat.

From the east a lone figure approached the camp, the team tensed for a moment, but it was Torsk.  He came into the camp silently, having passed by the scene of combat.

He looked at Truk, bandaged, with tired eyes and acid pock marks on his sleaves, wincing with each shallow breath.

He looked at Dienton, who also had damaged armor, but was hale enough.

He looked at Kurgan who probably could go a few rounds with a Rancor and barely feel it, showing no real signs of stress.

"You guys are a menace, was providing 1800 pounds of meat for scavengers really necessary?  You needed a meal for one night, and your answer was to take down a full herd?"  Torsk shakes his head, slowly and sadly "Sometimes bold and brute force is the answer, but more often quiet and delicate operations will win the day with less collateral damage.  When you go to the field, remember why we fight and who we are protecting."  Torsk begins to go over the basic tenants of stealth with the group - He spends the remainder of the evening teaching.

Kurgan mentions taming and training the young animals, but Torsk shakes his head - "There is no place for them where we are going, they just started their own survival training." - at that moment you hear the echoing whine of an approaching transport, the training was at an end - "This should have been weeks longer, but we have need of you and your new team"  The transport pod settles to the ground and the team moves inside, Truk leaning heavily on his teammates - some time in a bacta tank in his future.
Kurgan
 player, 38 posts
 Bounty Hunter-Assassin
 W: 01/19 S: 02/09
Mon 5 Sep 2016
at 06:41
Survival Training
Kurgan was well aware of the waste of meat, but when you are hungry and see no other food, what you have is what you get or you starve.  Taking several steaks for later consumption, it would be a huge waste not to keep some of them, Kurgan also takes several tusks for later use.  What, he wasn't sure yet but they might make good knife hilts or perhaps buttons or polished ivory to be sold to a collector.

As the transport came down, Kurgan helped Truk, carrying his gear so he could focus on walking and loading onto the transport.