Survival Training.   Posted by The Force Surrounds Us.Group: 0
The Force Surrounds Us
 GM, 11 posts
 It binds the universe
 together
Mon 11 Jul 2016
at 02:27
Survival Training
You find yourselves strapped into your seats, the transport shakes as it rumbles through a very low orbit, just skirting the atmosphere.  You see two other organics strapped in beside you, a Wookie, a Bothan, and a Chadra-Fan.  Aside from those, there is an R2 unit plugged in at the head of the craft, apparently piloting, and Torsk, your drill sergeant.

"Ok, so you've all made it through basic, big whoopti-do!" he circles his finger above his head.  "but your in my wheel house now!  No more regulations to follow, no more protective lieutenants, just us."  his grin sends a shiver down your spine.

Torsk Yells "Ok Maggots its drop time!". he moves from the rear of the ship, passing each of you and giving you each a meaningful look.  "Its time to prove your metal!  Grab your gear, then everyone into the pods."  He hits a control panel and two access doors whoosh open vertically.  "After you ladies!" he yells, as he swings his arms indicating that you should enter.

In front of each of you, on the opposite wall, hangs a backpack.

OOC
You have successfully completed basic training, your reward, more training.  You are the top graduates from three separate training camps and thus, do not know each other as of yet.  You were gathered on this transport, told you were being transferred to another camp.  This is where the story begins.

Truk Bwanrata
 player, 1 post
 Male Bothan
 1.5M Tall, Very Dashing
Mon 11 Jul 2016
at 22:28
Survival Training
In reply to The Force Surrounds Us (msg # 1):

With a sigh Truk, a fairly attractive Bothan, unstraps from his seat.  This isn’t the first time that he had dealt with someone like the drill-sergeant.  Men who gain a slight amount of power and let it all go to their heads.  Truk thought about letting loose with a snarky comment, but decided against it: There will be time enough for that, and one that will maximize humiliation to the sergeant.  That was after all, the only way to break them.

Truk stood up, grabbed the backpack and headed off the ship.  On his way he brushed past the Wookie a little too roughly.  When the Wookie began roaring at him, Truk apologized quickly to quiet him down.  Truk was not surprised by the reaction, especially since he bumped the Wookie on purpose, but it was nice to see that the Wookie wasn’t about to tear his arms off…yet.

The pod seemed to fit him well, he sort of felt bad for the Wookie, but then again...he was a Wookie

This message was last edited by the player at 00:28, Tue 12 July 2016.

Kurgan
 player, 4 posts
 Wookie Bounty Hunter
Mon 11 Jul 2016
at 23:56
Survival Training
Kurgan studied the other two for several minutes as the land craft skimmed through the atmosphere.  He had proven himself in his school, no, he had done more than that, but he didn't want to think about the last two recruits who were still in the hospital.  He wanted to win, they had only been in the way.


'If I am top from school, then what do these two offer?' the black and grey wookie thought to himself.

As soon as the craft landed, Kurgan listened intently to the drill seargant, trying to pick up everthing said.  Kurgan found he had a problem with paying attention and often forgot things.  Yes, many of those things were not commands he really wanted to obey, but he was no longer a hunter, he was now part of the rebellion and in order to bring his clan's killer to justice, eggs must be gathered, hatched and ... he forgot the rest.  But Kurgan was sure it had something to do with eating the eggs ... perhaps.

Shaking his head, Kurgan jumped up to grabbed the largest of the packs, eyeing the smaller Bothan who looked incapable of weilding a sword much less an axe, the Wookie hollered when Truk stepp his foot, yelling in Wookie "Clumsy Nerf herder!" and glowered at the smaller man.  Shaking his head, he growled a few more comments to himself before moving forward, catching up to the other two in a few quick strides.

Moving into the biggest of the pods, Kurgan felt cramped and ill at ease.
Dienton
 NPC, 1 post
 Chadra-fan
 Soldier-Medic
Tue 12 Jul 2016
at 01:58
Survival Training
Dienton jumps up at the drill sergeants words, he looks up at his two companions and grins, he stood just over a meter tall, so the wookie especially was . . . tall.  He was happy to be in a unit again though.  He grabbed his backpack, thankfully sized appropriately, and looked at the two open pod doors.  He moved to join Kurgan, figuring their sizes were more compatible in the cramped quarters.  He shouldered his way into the pod.
Torsk
 NPC, 1 post
 Drill Seargent
 Bothan
Tue 12 Jul 2016
at 02:14
Survival Training
Torks grinned maniacally, grabbed his own gear and jumped into the second pod with Truk.  He leans his head out of the door and hollars to the R2 Unit, "Slag, LAUNCH!", he then ducks back into the pod and immediately straps in.
The Force Surrounds Us
 GM, 14 posts
 It binds the universe
 together
Tue 12 Jul 2016
at 02:34
Survival Training
Within seconds the pods are launched with explosive force towards the planet below.  They spin and buck as they tear through the atmosphere.  Out the view port the occupants can see a green landscape flashing past, but they soon pass into the shadowed side of the planet and lose all sense of location.

The pods continue for several minutes, the occupants forced back into their seats for much of the journey.  Both pods suddenly fire their retro thrusters, reversing the acceleration.  The occupants are thrown against their restraints, their stomachs lurch.

The impact into the surface was sudden and severe.  Escape pods are meant for survival, not soft landings.  After a few minutes the onboard computers open their respective hatches and the travelers can see a few meters in the starlight.  They have landed in a open field near the base of a small mountain range.  Beyond that, they couldn't see anything.

OOC
Roll 2D Resilience - Failures=Wound, Threat=Strain

If you open your packs you'll find
Rations and water good for 3 days
1 Thermal Cloak
1 Tent
2 glow rods
1 combat knife

Torsk
 NPC, 2 posts
 Drill Seargent
 Bothan
Tue 12 Jul 2016
at 02:35
Survival Training
Without a word, Torsk moves out of the pod and heads towards the hills, striding confidently.
Truk Bwanrata
 player, 4 posts
 Male Bothan
 1.5M Tall, Very Dashing
Tue 12 Jul 2016
at 17:22
Survival Training
In reply to Torsk (msg # 7):

"Karuk Toth!" Truk yelled as the pod slammed into the ground.  The sheer force made his head spin and it took him a few minutes to collect his wits. 'Why did the Alliance think that training in escape pods was a good idea?  Do they plan to get their star ships blown apart?'

As Truk contemplated which fate was worse: dying on an exploding star ship or having to land in another pod, he saw Torsk get up silently and move forcefully out of the pod. 'Great,' thought Turk. 'We have a hero.'  Heroes usually meant bad business for any team.  They were the first to charge and usually the first to step in Bantha fodder. "sigh...here we go...," Truk muttered under his breath.

Truk fastened his backpack and walked at his own pace behind Torsk. 'Maybe I should have shared a pod with the Wookie' Truk thought as he shook his head. 'It could have cushioned my landing...'

OOC:

1 Success & 1 Threat:  the impact made Truk feel really woozy...and a litle cranky.

This message was last edited by the player at 19:06, Tue 12 July 2016.

Kurgan
 player, 6 posts
 Wounds: 00/19
 Strain: 00/09
Tue 12 Jul 2016
at 18:12
Survival Training
Kurgen watched as the pod fly towards the surface, moving his glaive to a better position.  Kurgan didn't expect trouble when the first landed, but as a Hunter, he was always ready for anything.  At least that was his motto.  'Be ready for anything.' it sounded better in his head and just a cliché when he spoke it aloud.  Grumbling to himself, Kurgen watched his companion out of the corner of his eye wondering what skills he brought to the Rebellion.  The pod was moving to fast, even for him, so conversation was near impossible.  The large reptiles he rode at home moved fast and stopped fast, so Kurgan braced with his legs and bent over, bracing his head so it wouldn't slam into the metal pod.  "Pain from metal on bone impact." he muttered in wookie to his companion, warning him of the danger.

Once the pod came to a stop, Kurgan jumped out, backpack secured on his shouldes and glaive at the ready, looking about he looked for the trainers.

Trok, the other student looked worse for the wear.  His eyes looked bloodshot from stress or lack of sleep or perhaps he was in shock.  Noticing some blackroot nearby, Kurgan cut the root with his glaive, pulled back the dirty bark  exposing the soft pulpy inside and offered it to the smaller man.

Seeing the man's hesitation or perhaps uncertainty, Kurgan used his sharp glave to cut the root in half and took a bit of the root and began to chew.  Leaning his large glaive against the pod, he pointed to his head, expanding his hands slowly making a face like his head hurt, then offered the root again offering a toothy smile in a sense of camaraderie or group bonding.

OOC:
2 Success & 2 Advantage.

With the 2 Advantage, can I say I found a plant that Trok can chew on to reduce his headache and remove the strain?

If we had been in the same pod, I'd have used the Advantage to grab/secure him as to prevent the damage.  ;)

The Force Surrounds Us
 GM, 20 posts
 It binds the universe
 together
Tue 12 Jul 2016
at 19:21
Survival Training


quote:
With the 2 Advantage, can I say I found a plant that Trok can chew on to reduce his headache and remove the strain?


Thats fine . . . assuming Truk accepts the offering.
Truk Bwanrata
 player, 6 posts
 Male Bothan
 1.5M Tall, Very Dashing
Tue 12 Jul 2016
at 19:43
Survival Training
In reply to Kurgan (msg # 9):

Truk was still trying to gain his bearings when he saw a mass of black and gray fur heading his way.  Truk stepped back hesitantly and started to think of quick evasion plans when he saw the Wookie brandishing his extremely sharp looking glaive.  The Wookie stopped and cut a plant in two and gestured to Truk.  Truk had no idea what was happening since he was likely a little concussed, but then he saw the Wookie chew on the plant and gesture to his head.

Truk was surprised by the sudden kind gesture.  The Wookie didn't seem to be that sharp, but this was very thoughtful, especially after Truk had essentially prodded the Wookie into reacting earlier.

"Thank you," said Truk, accepting the plant graciously.  Truk ate the plant and immediately felt better as his head cleared and mind sharpened.  He eyed the Wookie up and down, re-evaluating him in a new light.

"I'm Truk Bwanrata," Truk said.  Truk's fur smoothed back, his eyes widened, and his ears perked up as he smiled a gesture of friendship. After all, having a Wookie on your side is never a bad thing.

This message was last edited by the player at 19:44, Tue 12 July 2016.

Dienton
 NPC, 2 posts
 Wound: 3/11
 Strain: 0/13
Wed 13 Jul 2016
at 02:21
Survival Training
Dienton realized late that the straps in the pods were not really meant for a Chadra-fan, as the pod descended his bouncing frame jerked against the straps.  When the pod "landed" his arm was twisted in the restraint.  The sudden stop jerked his arm backward hard, straining his muscles.

The pod stopped and he got up shakily, holding his shoulder.

Using his opposite arm he swung on his pack and exited the pod after the Wookie.  He wandered over to the Wookie and Bothan and introduced himself in basic, "Hey, the names Dienton", he grinned toothily "wheres he going?" motioning towards the dark silhouette of the drill sergeant.

Dienton followed after the Sergeant still grimacing in pain occasionally.
Torsk
 NPC, 3 posts
 Drill Seargent
 Duros
Wed 13 Jul 2016
at 02:26
Survival Training
Torsk continued to move at a steady pace, neither hurrying or slowing as he began moving uphill, his steps never faltered.

When he reached the top of the hill, after hiking for an hour, he looked behind him for the first time and saw the three recruits trailing along below.

Grunting softly to himself he set up his camp.  He ate, set up his tent, and had shimmied inside before the three "candidates" even approached.

OOC
IT is still full night, you would estimate about 4 hours before dawn.

This message was last updated by the player at 02:27, Wed 13 July 2016.

Truk Bwanrata
 player, 8 posts
 Wound: 0/11
 Strain: 0/13
Wed 13 Jul 2016
at 13:45
Survival Training
In reply to Torsk (msg # 13):

'Dienton, huh?' Truk thought as he watched the Chadra-fan follow torsk into the darkness.  Tryuk thought that he seemed a little eager, which likely meant that he was green.  'Great...' Truk thought. 'Now we are going to have to look after him too.'  Truk knew better than to judge a hound by its scent, but his experience told him that the eager attitude meant that they were either fresh off the freighter or ridiculously annoying.

As Truk began to follow Dienton, he wondered at what these two other recruits brought to the table.  Clearly the Wookie was muscle--that glaive didn't handle itself--but what was the deal with the Chadra-fan? Pilot? Cyber? Infiltration specialist maybe? Time would obviously tell, but until he found out more about Dienton, Truk would make sure he wasn't near Dienton the first time he used a blaster.

As they arrived at the top of a hill, he saw that torsk was inside his tent already asleep.  It appeared Dawn was still a few hours off at least, so might as well get some shut-eye.  Even though Torsk may have felt comfortable pitching his tent and sacking out, Truk was always wary of his environment until he knew more.  Truk chose the base of a large tree to rest himself and his gear.  He pulled a small camdroid out of his pack, and adjusted it setting to provide sentry duty while he rested:

Instruction: Patrol hill top within 10 meters of group
If: discover hostile life force
Then: Raise alarm and hide seek shelter
Else: continue patrol.

"Ok Choobie!  Do your thing!" Kruk shouted as he threw the camdroid in the air. Satisfied with Choobie's patrol setting, Truk nodded off into slumber.

This message was last edited by the player at 02:05, Thu 14 July 2016.

Dienton
 NPC, 2 posts
 Wound: 3/11
 Strain: 0/13
Wed 13 Jul 2016
at 19:09
Survival Training
Dienton arrived at the hilltop and surveyed the surroundings.  His night vision was better than most, but he couldnt make out anything besides the rolling prairie in all directions.  He thought there may have been a darker shadow to the . . not east . .umm ,that way, that could have been forest.

He dropped his pack and grabbed the medpack off his belt, rummaging inside he found the muscle relaxant and shot it into his shoulder to dull the pain and accelerate healing.  The pain immedately vanished and he sighed in relief.

Dienton stowed away his gear and laid out his thermal cloak as a blanket, not bothering with the tent and trusted the Bothans droid to sentry duty.  They were all brothers in this fight right?  He may not know these men, but he knew they had all sacrificed for the alliance and that was enough for him.

OOC
Took three wound in the landing, healed three. With the medicine check.  4 success

This message was last edited by the player at 19:12, Wed 13 July 2016.

Kurgan
 player, 7 posts
 Wounds: 00/19
 Strain: 00/09
Wed 13 Jul 2016
at 23:11
Survival Training
Drawing lips back, exposing fangs, Kurgan smiles as well.

"Kurgan.  Pleased to help." the Wookie Bounty Hunter replied his thick wookie accent making his basic perhaps difficult to understand.  Tapping his chest with his free hand for additional confirmation that Kurgan was his name.

"Tribe works best when all work as one." he offers perhaps trying to explain why he helped the man.  "Team is now Tribe; Tribe is brothers in arms; Brothers resist Empire."

Looking to where the Drill Sergeant had bounded off, the Wookie nods in the general direction, "Instructor calls, we walk quick." he offers slinging his pack over his shoulder again and taking up his Vibro-glaive in hand.  Moving forward, Kurgan uses his glaive to chop the large obstacles in the way to make passage possible for him to traverse; where possible, Kuragant attempted to leave the trail alone.  Chopping everything that got in his way would leave a large and easy trail to follow should anyone be trying to follow them.  Best to make as small tracks as possible to make tracking more difficult.

Kurgan wasn't sure what lesson they were to learn now, but he tried to use all the training he had been given so far and kept vigil over his surroundings incase the Drill Sergeant was trying to teach them to be self-reliant as well as resilient.
The Force Surrounds Us
 GM, 23 posts
 It binds the universe
 together
Thu 14 Jul 2016
at 01:59
Survival Training
The night was dark and peaceful.  The stars rotating in the sky watched over the hilltop where the group camped.  A small droid rotated around the hilltop and Kurgan stood a silent vigil, struggling against sleep.  Truk snored softly against the tree he used for cover, his dreams full of possibilities.  Dienton, curled up on his bedroll, shivered slightly, but remained asleep.

OOC
Kurgan
Roll Discipline or Resilience - 2D - to stay awake, if you succeed
Roll Perception or Vigilance - 4D

Truk
I rolled perception for your droid at 4D - 1 failure and 3 threats

Kurgan
 player, 8 posts
 Wounds: 00/19
 Strain: 00/09
Thu 14 Jul 2016
at 02:07
Survival Training
Traveling all day, then walking for most of the rest of the day left Kurgan tired.  Struggling to stay awake, he did some exercises till he was sore but at least he was no longer tired, just sore.

Once finished with a bought of pull-ups, he was inspired ...

OOC:
Resilience: 3 successes, 1 threat:  Stay Awake
Perception:  no successes, 1 advantage, 1 triumph

Not sure what our goal is ... so not sure how to use the Triumph.  ;)