Day One: Departure.   Posted by Storyteller.Group: 0
Suran Lhai
 player, 27 posts
 Vulcan CMO Baseside
 Lt. Commander
Thu 7 Jul 2016
at 00:13
Re: Day One: Departure
[Medical Bay]

The klaxons went loud as Red Alert was sounded.  The Vulcan still held his composure, giving orders briskly and bluntly. "Red Alert!  Jonson, you're with me.  Th'vallis, your team moves one level above projection.  Carter, P'Turs, get your teams to the prow."

Suran looked at each team leader in turn.  "Execute."  Everyone sprang into motion and he gathered Jonson and his team to him.  "Jonson, your three stay and prepare the bay.  You and I are heading to the bridge.  Get as much of your kit as you and I can carry.  Understood?"

"Aye, sir."

"Execute."  Jonson and Suran grabbed what they could and rushed out the door and began making their way through the commotion to the bridge.

This message was last edited by the player at 14:00, Thu 07 July 2016.

Bianca Ssussunriyh
 player, 37 posts
 El-Aurian
 Ambassador / Diplomat
Thu 7 Jul 2016
at 00:25
Re: Day One: Departure
As Bianca made her way back to her assigned quarters, the alert status shifted from Yellow to Red, and the warning klaxons sounded. In the corridor, as she approached her door, she passed a wall panel labeled: "ESCAPE POD - D34 - EMERGENCY USE ONLY." She made a mental note of it, just in case...
Chamille 'Shimmer' O'Connor
 player, 63 posts
 Chief Science Officer
 Fascinating!
Thu 7 Jul 2016
at 03:12
Re: Day One: Departure
Chamille cried out as she gripped her console sharply, her fingers continuing to tap over it to different readings. "Energy levels are fluctuating rapidly! Radiation levels are still climbing, expected penetration of the shields in two minutes at current exposure! Commander, sir! We cannot continue to power weapons and shields AND engines at this power level! The core will reach critical mass in less than five minutes if power is not diverted!"
Mavrik
 player, 63 posts
 Male Orion Counsellor
 How can I make you feel?
Thu 7 Jul 2016
at 05:27
Re: Day One: Departure
[Corridors]

Mavrik was escorting the ambassador, trying not to worry as the yellow alert switched to red alert and all kinds of warning messages echoed down the shuddering corridors. Going into the Outer Dark probably hadn't been a good idea after all, he reflected ruefully. They were undoubtedly in the alien portal now. No turning back. He observed Ssussunriyh pause a moment before the escape pod, and warned 'Probably not advisable. Who knows where it would go?' His words were tense yet still measured with calm.

Then: "ALL HANDS BRACE FOR IMPACT!"

He felt it rumbling through the deck, heard the creak of the panels. 'No time.' Reacting without thought, Mavrik turned, throwing both arms around the ambassador, gripping the walls and widening his stance. Holding Ssussunriyh in place, he was like a rock in a storm. A ceiling panel fell on his bald jade head, but this did the Orion no harm.

When the shaking settled, he removed his arms. 'Excuse me.' he begged, then led Ssussunriyh to her room, checking inside first to see if it was safe. 'Maybe you could lay under the bed?'
Sialk
 player, 25 posts
Thu 7 Jul 2016
at 18:56
Re: Day One: Departure
Sialk regained as much focus as he could. Many other engineers were dead or dying nearby. "Ssssialk tooooo Medicccallll. Needdd assssistttance innn mmmain engineeerring". Gaining control of one of the last working consoles Sialk began to change the power levels of the inertial dampeners. Sialk then ran across the room to access the warp core directly. He welded on some grafts on points of strain. He knew that one bad move could turn this ship to an atom cloud. They would be dead if they did nothing so the risk wasn't really a problem. All Sialk could do now is wait for more information from the bridge.
Suran Lhai
 player, 28 posts
 Vulcan CMO Baseside
 Lt. Commander
Fri 8 Jul 2016
at 00:38
Re: Day One: Departure
[Corridors]

Suran heard the call for aid from Engineering.  "Change of plans."  He tapped his badge.

=/\=Medical recieves.  Two teams enroute."=/\=

Switching channels

=/\=Reserve Team 1, scramble and move to Main Engineering.  Execute.=/\=

Suran took a moment to feel thankful for how many hands he could call upon in such a situation.  After visualizing a route, he and Jonson run to the lift to head down a few levels.  They would arrive in four minutes and thirty-five seconds, if they weren't delayed on the way.

This message was last edited by the player at 00:39, Fri 08 July 2016.

Storyteller
 GM, 56 posts
Wed 13 Jul 2016
at 13:30
Re: Day One: Departure
The portal opened wider and drew the Hyperion inside.  The strange swirling colors of the gateway filled the view screen and dominated the sensors.  The ship moved in faster then its engines would provide and shook mildly as it slid into the gateway.

++Hyperion, this is Iron Horse. Our power levels are pushing past the safeties and into critical range. You better get through that portal before the whole thing collapses!++
Walter Peterson
 player, 37 posts
 Human Lieutenant
 Head Conn USS Hyperion
Wed 13 Jul 2016
at 21:06
Re: Day One: Departure
Peterson let out an eep as he saw the ship was seeming to go on its own, his hands moving from the console buttons to just grip on for dear life as the ship shook.  It was being pulled into the swirling mass, his glasses vibrating off of his face as they went in at least halfway, further, even as the distortion started to make the hail from the Iron Horse fizzle out.
Bianca Ssussunriyh
 player, 41 posts
 El-Aurian
 Ambassador / Diplomat
Fri 15 Jul 2016
at 00:35
Re: Day One: Departure
Bianca tensed as the burly Orion bear-hugged her; he was easily twice her size, if not more. Once the immediate danger passed, she slowly extricated herself from his grasp, brushing fastidiously at her synth-silk robes. "That was unexpected, Counselor, and perhaps an overreaction on your part. But under the circumstances, I'll forgive you."

Upon hearing his suggestion, she glanced toward the bed. "It's a platform bed; I doubt that even I am small enough to fit into the space beneath it," she observed. "In the event of tectonic quakes, they advise people to stand in a doorway."
Taeko Takamuko
 player, 106 posts
 Lt Commander Takamuko
Fri 15 Jul 2016
at 18:27
Re: Day One: Departure
In reply to Walter Peterson (msg # 69):

Up on Tactical Taeko watches his position with a half a feel that it was not seeing what was truly out there.
He needed a handle on the new type of stealth tech and how it avoided lock on from the weapon systems. The older Kligon types had a flaw that could be worked around and even the new Romulan system could be bypassed with work. Taeko sighs and carries on trying to find what is out there
Meg
 player, 72 posts
 Operations Management
 Lieutenant
Fri 15 Jul 2016
at 19:42
Re: Day One: Departure
Meg responded calmly and efficiently to the communication from Iron Horse. ~~"Iron Horse this is Hyperion. We are pushing through. Prepare your shields and engines for the backlash from our passing in 4.83 seconds. And good luck, Iron Horse. Hyperion out."~~

Meg steadied herself a little, but her balance was nearly impeccable. She looked completely calm amidst the chaos happening elsewhere.
Storyteller
 GM, 57 posts
Tue 19 Jul 2016
at 12:26
Re: Day One: Departure
The ship was over halfway into the portal and all sensors were showing strange, random, and unrealistic data.  The engines showed they were pushing warp 10, and all sensors reported both atmosphere and tolerable levels of oxygen.  As the ship continued to move through the gate the only working sensors were the ones on the rear.  Those showed the Iron Horse approaching critical power levels as well as the detached warp nacelles glowing far brighter then normal.
Meg
 player, 73 posts
 Operations Management
 Lieutenant
Tue 19 Jul 2016
at 15:43
Re: Day One: Departure
Meg narrowed her eyes as she looked at the readings from the sensors. She officially addressed the flag officers, but everyone would be able to hear the status. "Sir, the Iron Horse has 44.682 seconds remaining before her warp core loses integrity. We need to be through more than a second earlier than that or they won't have time to reverse their power projection. I am feeding our telemetry to their Operations Management Officer and their science officer."

She also sent along all the information she was gathering to all bridge stations in case anyone wanted to double-check her conclusions. She looked over at Walter. "If it would help, I can get out and push."
Richard Jericho
 player, 36 posts
 Commander
Tue 19 Jul 2016
at 16:29
Re: Day One: Departure
Jericho watches and listens as the command crew tries to make sense of the readings and data that are pouring in from the sensors and other ship bored sensors. He simply nods as Meg makes he report, "Mr. Peterson if you have any tricks now would be the time."
Sialk
 player, 27 posts
Tue 19 Jul 2016
at 18:01
Re: Day One: Departure
They were almost through the portal. With all of the strange data appearing on the sensors Sialk hoped that the crew would not be sent to another dimension or similarly strange place. The medical team would get to Engineering soon. He could finally rest when that happened assuming the ship didn't blow up.
Walter Peterson
 player, 38 posts
 Human Lieutenant
 Head Conn USS Hyperion
Tue 19 Jul 2016
at 21:37
Re: Day One: Departure
Walter was largely holding on now from the shaking console.  "Ah... I don't think.. pushing is necessary- it says we're going past tanswarp," he announced.  He reached forward to crank the warp up all the way since he remembered that he'd been going towards 1, hoping that would give the kick they needed.
Taeko Takamuko
 player, 107 posts
 Lt Commander Takamuko
Wed 20 Jul 2016
at 19:10
Re: Day One: Departure
Storyteller:
The ship was over halfway into the portal and all sensors were showing strange, random, and unrealistic data.  The engines showed they were pushing warp 10, and all sensors reported both atmosphere and tolerable levels of oxygen.  As the ship continued to move through the gate the only working sensors were the ones on the rear.  Those showed the Iron Horse approaching critical power levels as well as the detached warp nacelles glowing far brighter then normal.

Taeko locks weapons on and reports situation to the captain
"Captain contact is back it is presently sitting, over the top of the gate way".
"Orders sir?"

Richard Jericho
 player, 37 posts
 Commander
Wed 20 Jul 2016
at 19:31
Re: Day One: Departure
"Keep your lock on that ship as long as possible, but only fire if they fire first. Also notify your security teams and Colonel Jors of the situation, have them be ready in case the vessel tries to transport anything over."
Taeko Takamuko
 player, 108 posts
 Lt Commander Takamuko
Wed 20 Jul 2016
at 19:45
Re: Day One: Departure
Richard Jericho:
"Keep your lock on that ship as long as possible, but only fire if they fire first. Also notify your security teams and Colonel Jors of the situation, have them be ready in case the vessel tries to transport anything over."

Sir we are already at red alert shields are at battle strength.
Taeko uses his coms to send the following message
"Colonel Jones would you please bring your Marines to a state of readiness, check with security please, for best use and placement. We have an unknown contact over the gate" 
Mavrik
 player, 67 posts
 Male Orion Counsellor
 How can I make you feel?
Thu 21 Jul 2016
at 06:40
Re: Day One: Departure
Ambassador's Quarters

'Thank you. I'm afraid I'm rather used to body-guarding. Old habits like Orions die hard.' Mavrik had explained his worries to Ssussunriyh.

He looked around the room again; the ambassador couldn't be any safer than here, nor in any less danger. 'I think you can also lie under an upturned couch.' he suggested for the lack of anything else.

'I'll, um, leave you to it.' he said, backing out the door.
Storyteller
 GM, 58 posts
Wed 27 Jul 2016
at 10:21
Re: Day One: Departure
The Hyperion was pulled deeper into the gateway and into the portal it was creating. It was pulled along by the gravity created from the portal itself. It seemed to gain speed as it went along with the sights behind them growing harder to see and the data going blank on the science screens.  One of the few systems working showed the Iron Horse's warp core going critical and an imminent explosion wiping out the ship and the people on board.
Taeko Takamuko
 player, 110 posts
 Lt Commander Takamuko
Wed 27 Jul 2016
at 17:44
Re: Day One: Departure
Storyteller:
The Hyperion was pulled deeper into the gateway and into the portal it was creating. It was pulled along by the gravity created from the portal itself. It seemed to gain speed as it went along with the sights behind them growing harder to see and the data going blank on the science screens.  One of the few systems working showed the Iron Horse's warp core going critical and an imminent explosion wiping out the ship and the people on board.

 Taeko scowls and swears in Japanease.
"Captain Iron Horse just blew up, I think it had a warp core failure, but unsure"
Storyteller
 GM, 59 posts
Fri 29 Jul 2016
at 16:23
Re: Day One: Departure
The Hyperion was pulled inside fully and began to move quickly through the portal.  The space around it had a strange greenish/blueish hue to it mixed with stars and some other random colors.  All sensor and engineering reports showed nothing outside and no data returned.  It looked like there was nothing to do but wait until it reached the other side.
Meg
 player, 75 posts
 Operations Management
 Lieutenant
Fri 29 Jul 2016
at 19:55
Re: Day One: Departure
Meg drew her lips into a thin line and nodded at Taeko's commentary on Iron Horse. "Commander Takamuko is correct. Iron Horse had a warp core breach. Distress signal was sent in advance and some escape pods were ejected. Unknown if any made it past the blast radius." She turned back to the screen. "There were..." Meg paused and closed her mouth for a few moments before she started to speak again. "Many brave people aboard." She knew the exact count and the names of every single one. So long as she was operational, none would be forgot.
Taeko Takamuko
 player, 111 posts
 Lt Commander Takamuko
Fri 29 Jul 2016
at 21:21
Re: Day One: Departure
In reply to Meg (msg # 85):

Taeko faces the rear and bows formally. "May their spirits find peace where ever they travel". "in the name of that which is above all".
Blessed be their travels".
and turns back to his station