Day Two: A New Home.   Posted by Storyteller.Group: 0
Storyteller
 GM, 73 posts
Tue 11 Oct 2016
at 13:16
Day Two:  A New Home
The Federation Starship USS Hyperion dropped out of warp at the coordinates provided.  Easily viewable at standard magnification was a starbase.  It was of alien design and did not match anything in the ship's database.  It looked alien and dark, a bit forbidding and intimidating.  There were no readings or power or anything to indicate it might have present occupants.

The station was in orbit over the equator of a planet.   Large oceans were viewable beneath the clouds as well as small patches of land.  It appeared almost Earth-like, only slightly larger and with more ocean on the surface.  There we no signs of industrialization or large cities.  It appeared empty and pristine.

The bridge was silent as all assembled looked over the structure and the planet below.  The only noises in that first moment were from the ship's systems running and scanning the objects before them.

After letting the silence hang for a moment, Admiral Zenerin turned and looked towards the science and tactical stations.  "What can you tell about our destination?"
Richard Jericho
 player, 44 posts
 Commander
Wed 12 Oct 2016
at 23:56
Day Two:  A New Home
"Okay crew, look lively lets see what this secrets this station is hiding." Jericho leans forward in his seat watching the screen, wondering who tthe original builders were, what happened to them and what other secrets were waiting.
Tiyeri
 player, 19 posts
 Caitian
 Marine, 2nd Lieutenant
Thu 13 Oct 2016
at 00:10
Day Two:  A New Home
Tiyeri stood in the improvised barracks she had been bunking in with her squad in the ships cargo hold and stretched a little as she was putting on her armour. She wasn't sure if the Marines would be sent in first, to take a careful first look at the interior of the Station. Regardless of whether or not they would be sent in first or not, she was getting her squad ready to go.
Terrence Yeager
 player, 49 posts
 Lt. Commander
 Chief Engineer - Hyperion
Thu 13 Oct 2016
at 01:35
Day Two:  A New Home
Medical Bay - Infirmary

There is a brief moment when you awake and you recall something from your dreams...only to have it slip so rapidly away. Terry knew he had been fighting something. Somewhere in the deep, dark abyss of his nightmares he had been fighting for his life.

His eyes fluttered for a moment and then sprang open. His right leg seemed to twitch and his whole body took in a deep breath. The air was spent slowly as his eyes blinked once again and he wondered where he was. There was a beeping somewhere around him and he thought he heard movement and possibly some voices.
Mavrik
 player, 76 posts
 Male Orion Counsellor
 How can I make you feel?
Thu 13 Oct 2016
at 11:25
Day Two:  A New Home
Mavrik was on the Bridge, taking an observer's seat and otherwise remaining discreet. Their arrival at an alien space station in an inhabitable system meant a potential encounter with a new species, so the presence of a counsellor could be useful. He hoped. If the fates were kind, they would meet an advanced and friendly culture. Otherwise, this could still all be some elaborate trap for chumps who were intelligent, technologically advanced, and utterly gullible.
Suran Lhai
 player, 35 posts
 Vulcan CMO Baseside
 Lt. Commander
Thu 13 Oct 2016
at 12:59
Day Two:  A New Home
In reply to Terrence Yeager (msg # 4):

A slight change in the pattern of beeps nudged Suran from his focus on the report he was holding.  He looked up and searched for the source.  "Lt. Commander.  You are awake."  Suran went to his side and began looking over his patient and the readings.  "Remain calm.  You have been in a coma for a long time.  You may feel a little strange.  Are you conversant?"
Taeko Takamuko
 player, 134 posts
 Lt Commander Takamuko
Thu 13 Oct 2016
at 18:09
Re: Day Two:  A New Home
Richard Jericho:
"Okay crew, look lively lets see what this secrets this station is hiding." Jericho leans forward in his seat watching the screen, wondering who tthe original builders were, what happened to them and what other secrets were waiting.

Taeko bring the Main assault sensors around on to the Station. Sweeping for shield active weapons systems, and any entity that shows up
Meg
 player, 86 posts
 Operations Management
 Lieutenant
Thu 13 Oct 2016
at 18:15
Re: Day Two:  A New Home
Meg continued working to be certain the ship she was on was in working order, running various automated diagnostics as they approached what was almost certainly their destination. She searched for any sign of hails from the station, automated or otherwise, that might have previously gone unnoticed. Meg was mildly concerned about the state of the ship, but it should hold together until they were docked. Of course if they were greeted by something unpleasant...
Storyteller
 GM, 77 posts
Fri 14 Oct 2016
at 01:25
Re: Day Two:  A New Home
There was nothing on sensors either outside or inside the station.  No anomalies or strange readings.  The station appeared empty and with no signs or power or life aboard.
Sialk
 player, 33 posts
Fri 14 Oct 2016
at 02:03
Re: Day Two:  A New Home
Main Engineering

Sialk was still keeping an eye on the systems. The bridge feed kept him busy with new information.
Terrence Yeager
 player, 52 posts
 Lt. Commander
 Chief Engineer - Hyperion
Fri 14 Oct 2016
at 05:23
Day Two:  A New Home
In reply to Suran Lhai (msg # 6):

*Am I what?* Terry thought to himself. *Conversant?* Terry had a hard time trying to understand. His mind swam in and out of phase like the harmonic waves of a....

He blinked again and noticed a Vulcan next to him. *Oh, that accounts for it...conversant.* Terry tried to speak but he was weak and his mouth was semi-dry.
Only a whisper came out.

"Where am I? What happened?"
Mathias Dahlstrom
 player, 38 posts
 SF-MARSOC
 Major - MarDet Plt Leader
Fri 14 Oct 2016
at 05:36
Re: Day Two:  A New Home
[Marine Briefing Room]

Mathias gathered the MarDet as the ship finished its initial scans. "Alright, folks. Here we go," he said to the troops in front of him. "Looks like we have an opportunity to earn our place on this ship, let's hope its easy enough work," he added quickly.

"I want 2nd Platoon ready for transport to the objective in three mikes. The 1st Platoon is on standby in full kit as a supporting defensive force on this ship until they get word otherwise. Objective schematics are being uploaded as active scans are performed. Last minutes PCC's and PCI's and report to the transporter bays by your teams. Be ready to flex to the Shuttlebay if scans are inconclusive. If no questions, you're dismissed," he said, curtly.

He did, in fact, give them an opportunity for questions, but they knew it would have to be quick. Much of what they did was on the fly and this would be no different. They were professionals and knew what they were doing. The only variable was the exact appearance of wherever they ended up.
Suran Lhai
 player, 36 posts
 Vulcan CMO Baseside
 Lt. Commander
Sat 15 Oct 2016
at 15:59
Day Two:  A New Home
In reply to Terrence Yeager (msg # 11):

Suran takes a small water line and gently lays it near Yeager's mouth.  "Drink a little.  Not too much too fast.  There was an accident as we were entering the portal.  You were injured."
Richard Jericho
 player, 45 posts
 Commander
Mon 17 Oct 2016
at 15:00
Day Two:  A New Home
Jericho turns to Commander Takamuko, "Commander, advise Major Dahlstrom that we will be sending over a detachment of his marines to secure a location on board the station as soon as the scans are complete. And ready a team to follow as soon as they give the all clear." He then starts to turn back to the screen but stops remembering something, "Also ask Major Dahlstrom to go ahead and have Lt. Fontaine to take the Hereford out, a second set of sensor may come in handy."
Terrence Yeager
 player, 54 posts
 Lt. Commander
 Chief Engineer - Hyperion
Mon 17 Oct 2016
at 18:47
Day Two:  A New Home
In reply to Suran Lhai (msg # 13):

Water. The word never sounded so refreshing. Terry nodded and took a sip. His mouth was indeed dry, his throat just as much.

"I don't remember much. So ships ok I assume? How long was I out?" He paused for a moment and tried to sit up. His expression took on an air of concern. "Are Crystal and Melissa ok?"
Taeko Takamuko
 player, 135 posts
 Lt Commander Takamuko
Mon 17 Oct 2016
at 18:48
Re: Day Two:  A New Home
Richard Jericho:
Jericho turns to Commander Takamuko, "Commander, advise Major Dahlstrom that we will be sending over a detachment of his marines to secure a location on board the station as soon as the scans are complete. And ready a team to follow as soon as they give the all clear." He then starts to turn back to the screen but stops remembering something, "Also ask Major Dahlstrom to go ahead and have Lt. Fontaine to take the Hereford out, a second set of sensor may come in handy."

Taeko listens to the orders and once they are complete. says simply "Aye Captain"
Contacting Major Dahlstrom. "Sir Captains compliments and orders. Please be ready to take a detachment of marines over and secure a landing point on the station as soon as we have scans complete".
"Also could you get Lt Fontaine to take the Hereford out and do scans of the are from a secondary location".
"Any questions or requests sir?"

Taeko waits a few moments then adds
Commander Takamuko out
Walter Peterson
 player, 47 posts
 Human Lieutenant
 Head Conn USS Hyperion
Mon 17 Oct 2016
at 23:18
Re: Day Two:  A New Home
Walter did what he could to make sure the nav computer was going smoothly.  It was taking a little bit of time to integrate the maps they had with the new ones, cross-reference with the stars and constellations they could find now, and just worked to make sure it was in working order.  He gave a thumbs up as soon as the diagnostics ran clean.
Mavrik
 player, 78 posts
 Male Orion Counsellor
 How can I make you feel?
Tue 18 Oct 2016
at 02:12
Re: Day Two:  A New Home
Hearing the orders for an expedition to board the mysterious station at last! Mavrik had a thought. It couldn't be only marines, could it? Thinking it over, he rose from his seat, saying 'Captain, I'd like to volunteer for the second team. They might need a medic if something happens, and an anthropologist if this becomes a first-contact situation.'
Tiyeri
 player, 20 posts
 Caitian
 Marine, 2nd Lieutenant
Tue 18 Oct 2016
at 20:43
Re: Day Two:  A New Home
[Marine Briefing Room]

Tiyeri kept silent as Mathias gave the briefing. After the briefing was concluded she turned towards her platoon "Right you heard him boys and girls, get to it." After saluting her platoon of she turned back towards Mathias "This is then. I take it we're not to engage anything we find there, unless they're doing they're very best to kill us?" Tiyeri was fairly sure of that being the case, but in general it didn't really hurt to ask to be sure either.
Mathias Dahlstrom
 player, 39 posts
 SF-MARSOC
 Major - MarDet Plt Leader
Tue 18 Oct 2016
at 22:27
Re: Day Two:  A New Home
[Marine Briefing Room]

Mathias let a small smile creep onto his face as Tiyeri pushed the group into motion. She was quickly followed by the senior NCO's as they herded their teams up and out.

Commander Takamuko's comm traffic pinged at that moment. His smile broadened significantly at it. =/\= Aye, sir. I have a platoon readying for deployment as Teams by shuttle or Transporter as situation dictates. Ready in less than three minutes. I'll verify with Fontaine his whereabouts and forward the Captains intent. No questions, sir. Just requesting updated scans to our team's HUD's as they come in,=/\= he replied.

He nodded to the Catian officer when he finished. "Aye, Lieutenant. This is not specifically a combat operation," he said smoothly. "At least not yet," he added quickly, his smile curving up just a hint.

It was always easier when it was a weapon's free situation, but those were rare enough even in all out war. Fortunately, he knew these Marines were better than most at making those split second life and death decisions.

"We're still trying to win hearts and minds for now," he went on as he gathered his datapad. "I didn't see Lieutenant Fontaine, so I'm guessing he is firing up his boat...," he continued glancing at the incoming information. "Send someone to make sure he's copying the comms traffic before you link up with one of the teams, if you could, Lieutenant," he said, the command spoken as a request.

"If there's nothing else for the moment, Lieutenant, I'll see you on the objective," he said, waiting just long enough for a response before returning to his office to gather his own last minute bit of kit and heading for Transporter 3 with Charlie Team.

This message was last edited by the player at 22:28, Tue 18 Oct 2016.