Miami: Purifier Town.   Posted by The Watcher.Group: 0
Revanche
 player, 15 posts
 Has Psychic powers, FYI
Wed 11 May 2016
at 04:41
Miami: Purifier Town
Having taken some time to study the situation, Revanche felt more confident.  She didn't really regard herself a leader, but was capable of being a decent tactician.  Plus her Psychic abilities gave her an edge.

"I think we should target those eight who have guns.  The others might retreat or at least be easier to deal with.  The church looks to be their base, presumably where they are weaponizing the Terrigan.  But that apartment also has a few guards, so maybe they are holding Wolverine or other prisoners there.  Do you want to take on the occupants, Warpath?  Spiderman and myself can deal with the street trash until you rejoin us..."

Taking off one of her belt canisters, she offered it to the Native American.

"Just in case you find any Terrigan.  Would you two like to join minds with me, strictly for communication?"


Revanche didn't make the offer to Spiderman, because he (presumably) had a secret identity to protect.  She wasn't as skilled as Jen Grey or Emma Frost, so it was always possible that something might slip out (or in).
Warpath
 player, 17 posts
Thu 12 May 2016
at 00:38
Miami: Purifier Town
Warpath looked down at the people below, "Let's not be too eager to get into a fight yet. There might be Inhumans or mutates among them. In that case we'd be putting a lot of non-powered people at risk. We're not here to do that."

Warpath hunkered down and pointed out a circuitous route along roof-tops and through back alleys. "Let's give stealth a try first. We can always fight if we need to."
Revanche
 player, 16 posts
 Has Psychic powers, FYI
Thu 12 May 2016
at 01:54
Miami: Purifier Town
The clock was ticking, so Revanche decided to support Warpath's proposed plan.  His concern for bystanders was admirable but all the non-powered people that she saw on the streets were 'Irredeemable' Purifiers (bigots who were unlikely to change).  Someone still had to check out the apartment... whether it was the whole group or just Revanche.  She nodded.

"Stealth it is.  Let us sweep the appartment first and see if Wolverine is there, then penetrate the church.  Was there anything else?"

The Watcher
 GM, 30 posts
Thu 12 May 2016
at 21:39
Miami: Purifier Town
Are all three of you going to the apartment?
Warpath
 player, 19 posts
Fri 13 May 2016
at 03:13
Miami: Purifier Town
OOC: Just waiting on Spidey I didn't want to step on his posting
Spider-Man
 player, 7 posts
Fri 13 May 2016
at 03:32
Miami: Purifier Town
"Quiet it is. Like a shadow in a dark room, except you know dressed in all red.

Spidey leapt off toward the apartment keeping above the purifiers.

sorry gang, work and junk.
Revanche
 player, 19 posts
 Has Psychic powers, FYI
Fri 13 May 2016
at 06:57
Miami: Purifier Town
She might not have had webslinging or flying abilities like her partners, but Revanche managed her way over the rooftops with acrobatics and the stealth of trained killer.  Japanese guards were far more alert and challenging than chatty street trash.  One thing that did concern Revanche was their lack of arms.  In the past the Purifiers had big guns and big armor, so what had changed?

Touching down on the apartment roof, Revanche did a quick check for nearby sentries and then prepared to enter the building.  A locked door would not hold up to her intrusions skills (or Warpath's fist).  But the trick was to remain undetected for as long as possible.

"Spiderman, do you want to lead the way?  I'll try to contact Wolverine... if she is here. Warpath, take out anyone that might expose us."

Stretching out with her mind, Revanche tried to establish a contact with X-23.  She broadcasted her thoughts at regular intervals, repeating the same message... in line with X-23's thought patterns.  Trying to contact a stranger 'unseen' would have been impossible for her limited abilities.

[Psychic communication to Wolverine] "Laura, it is Revanche... can you hear me?  Please respond."
Spider-Man
 player, 8 posts
Sat 14 May 2016
at 00:27
Miami: Purifier Town
Spider-Man nods and works his way into the building.

"Hey Spidey, why don't you walk into the big scary building full of bad guys? We'll be right behind you buddy. Glad I wore the extra glowy costume to this stealth mission."

As he moves he tries to "listen" to his Spider sense to avoid any sentries or traps inside.
Warpath
 player, 20 posts
Sat 14 May 2016
at 20:55
Miami: Purifier Town
Warpath ghosted along the path touching nothing. He flew carefully along the path staying low and moving slowly. "I know this looks kind of goofy," he said to his companions but the whole 'flying' thing is kind of embarrassing."

Warpath looked sheepishly at Spidey and Revanche, "I mean what am I the 'Apache Superman'? The whole thing just feels ridiculous."
The Watcher
 GM, 31 posts
Sat 14 May 2016
at 23:05
Miami: Purifier Town
Revanche reaches out sending the message. H...h..el....p meShe hears wolverine reply sounding as if it took all of her concentration to say, but it is weak. To weak to be in this building. As you inform the others of this a scream comes from inside the apartment. It is two floors up.
Revanche
 player, 20 posts
 Has Psychic powers, FYI
Sun 15 May 2016
at 02:49
Miami: Purifier Town
Revanche had no problems with an Apache superman, although Warpath's sheepishness did elicit a rare smile from her.

"Better to be over gifted than under.  Besides, we might need it."

As they sneaked their way down through the apartment's various floors, Revanche finally managed to contact X-23, but it was tenuous and she had to concentrate on maintaining it.  Revanche sent back a further reassurance that help was on the way.

"I have her... but she's not in the building, maybe the church instead?  She's definitely in trouble... Laura never says 'help' without extreme duress."

When the scream sounded out, she flattened against a wall and went still.  Would the Purifiers storm the building to get to the scream... or were they causing it?  Revanche looked to Warpath and Spiderman to see what they thought.

"Shall we investigate the anguish and get out of here?  The church awaits."
Spider-Man
 player, 9 posts
Sun 15 May 2016
at 12:13
Miami: Purifier Town
hearing the screams Spider-Man burst into apartment. As he lands in a crouch on the floor he feels a telltale buzzing in his head. He turns just in time to see two guards level giant weapons at him.

"Well I was just going to tell you guys to keep it down in here but if this is how you treat guests then I guess I'll just have to file a noise complaint."

He fires a webline at the guard on the left's weapon. With a practiced yank he sends the gun into the other guard's face, dazing him.

"Careful with those. You're going to hurt someone. Let's all just relax..."

Before the left guard can bring his weapon back around Spider-Man fires two webline at his legs. A hard pill sends the guard sliding across the ground. Spidey intercepts his face with his fist knocking the guard out.

"and sleep it over."

The guard on the right shakes his head to clear his vision as Spidey launches himself at the goon throwing a back kick that sends him flying into a wall followed by a thick cocoon of webbing sticking him to the wall as he passes out.

Spidey looks over at his handiwork and shakes his head.

"This used to be such a nice neighborhood.
You may be right Revanche, we better find Wolverine and get out of here fast."

The Watcher
 GM, 32 posts
Sun 15 May 2016
at 13:02
Miami: Purifier Town
As three of you enter you hear another scream. It's coming from 2 levels up.  Their are three ways up. Stairs, elevator, or other. As Revanche and Warpah enter they discover more of the classic purifier. Black robes with a large white cross across the front, and guns that are much deadlier than a machine gun. The layout of the hotel floors is an L shape. There are two Windows. 1 at each end of the L, and star cases that go up to the ends of the L. The elevator is the middle of the floor. Each of the above mentioned exits are covered by 3 purifiers. In the middle of the hall right in front of the elevator two purifiers stand on either side of a door. It is from this room that the screams come from.

  So you guys don't have to do the math their are 17 purifiers on the floor.
Revanche
 player, 21 posts
 Has Psychic powers, FYI
Sun 15 May 2016
at 13:56
Miami: Purifier Town
It seemed like her choice of point-man was a good one... Spiderman had the two guards subdued before she could even move to assist.  Revanche checked the stairwell to see if there were anymore guards, but it looked pretty clear.  She tucked one of the discarded pistols into her belt (after checking it's condition), just in case she needed it later.  As a rule she preferred her powers... or bladed weapons, but guns had their uses.

"Nice work, I think we still have the element of surprise.  Lets get upstairs and check in on that noise, before more attention comes our way.  Taking the stairs will be quieter."

Hustling back up another two floors to the source of the scream, Revanche slowed her pace a fraction to allow for lightfooted stealth.  But she quickly backtracked upon sighting a large silhouette with a big gun.  Purifers.... finally!  Holding up a hand to the others in a 'halt' motion, Revanche slipped her mind into the Purifier that she'd spotted and sifted through his eyes and surface thoughts.  So... there were 17 of them, eh?  All exits covered by three man teams... two more guards on the door, the rest were inside rooms.  Revanche quickly pulled back out of the man's mind as soon as she had the basic layout.  With narrow hallways and the current precautions she had seen, charging in would get them all shot down, without some unconventional tactics.  Revanche whispered her intel to the others and proposed a plan.

"We got Purifiers with big guns, three each on both stairways and the elevator.  Two more on a door, the other six are probably inside.  These fanatics would probably be OK with taking friendly fire 'for the cause', so the environment definitely favors them.  Any ideas?  We can rig this gun inside the elevator so that it shoots up the hall and gets their attention, buying us time to close the gap and drop a couple.  Then we try and draw them away from the room while one of you two extracts the screamer.  Think you could bust in and out in with one pass, Apache Superman?  You could fly in through the wall, floor, or roof... and then outside to relative safety.  That's all I got, divide and conquer... unless anyone has a better plan..."

And she half hoped that someone did have a better plan.
Warpath
 player, 21 posts
Mon 16 May 2016
at 01:04
Miami: Purifier Town
"I wasn't 'post to kill anyone today," Warpath said more to himself than anyone else. "But no, you just had to bunch up like snakes in a winter den and there's no way around you except through you."

Warpath drew the glittering vibranium knives from behind his back, "I know you guys are fanatics and all that, but you might want to run. This is going to hurt." Warpath leapt into the purifiers in a glittering whirlwind of blades fists and feet cracking bones and slicing through the gun's receivers where he could and flesh and blood where he could not. Jinking and dodging to keep out of the way of the big guns.
Revanche
 player, 22 posts
 Has Psychic powers, FYI
Mon 16 May 2016
at 06:04
Miami: Purifier Town
The planning discussion was done as soon as Warpath waded into the Purifiers.  Revanche brought into existence a decorative, glowing katana... and moved to back him up, in a somewhat roundabout manner.  But the 'screamers' fate was still a concern.

"Spiderman, go for the target."

Kicking in an apartment door, Revanche skewered a Purifier (who was moving to flank them) and let his convulsing body drop.  Scooping up his gun, she aimed and fired, carefully weakening part of the wall to the next adjoining apartment... which then gave way under a good kick.  Moving through, Revanche continued to 'gun tunnel' her way through the various apartments... encountering no further foes until she emerged back in the hallway, ahead of Warpath and his foes.

Emptying the gun at the opposite stairway, Revanche charged the trio of guards as they ducked for cover, discarding her loaned piece of hardware along the way and going to work with psychic Kitana and limbs.  By feinting in unpredictable fashions and cramping them up, the advantage was now hers.
The Watcher
 GM, 33 posts
Tue 17 May 2016
at 17:51
Miami: Purifier Town
The two of you come into the room catching the Purifiers by surprise. You get about half of them before the rest realize what's going on and step back to unload on the two of you.
Revanche
 player, 23 posts
 Has Psychic powers, FYI
Wed 18 May 2016
at 03:36
Miami: Purifier Town
Finishing up the stairway guards (thus bringing her downed Purifier total to four), Revanche saw a group of Purifiers reform into a firing squad... and she quickly retreated.  Letting her Katana vanish, Revanche sprang backwards into a series of acrobatic flips that carried her down the stairs.  A salvo of gunfire chased her all the way there, at least until she was out of sight.  Small bits of debris covered her and she had to awkwardly cease her stairway journey, but otherwise she was fine.  Revanche just hoped the others were unhurt too.

[Mental communication to Spiderman & Warpath] "I'm pinned down, anybody got eyes on the prisoner?"
Spider-Man
 player, 10 posts
Wed 18 May 2016
at 19:29
Miami: Purifier Town
"I'm on my way."

As the X-Men battled the Purifiers Spidey pulled open the elevator doors and made his way up the shaft to the floor where the screams were coming from he slowly pulled open the doors to peak inside. He hoped that the battle downstairs has distracted enough guards for him to go for the screams.
The Watcher
 GM, 34 posts
Wed 18 May 2016
at 20:30
Miami: Purifier Town
In the room you see three what you assume to be inhumans around Shadowbourne. 1 has transparent skin and seems to be holding Shadowbourne with telekinesis. Another stands at 7' 2" and has a pair of bull like horns coming out from his head. As the door opens the bull man charges. Swinging his head in your direction. The final sits towards the back of the room. She is covered in blue fur and is eating a bag of potato chips. She opens her mouth towards you to reveal a ball of energy that begins growing in size. Your sudden arrival spooks the transparent one and losses her concentration on Shadowbourne.
Shadowbourne
 player, 2 posts
Thu 19 May 2016
at 01:49
Miami: Purifier Town
The pain had been like fire racing through his veins. Try has he might, Anton couldn't slip into darkness...he couldn't retreat from the light and the force that held him place. All he could do was scream...

Then it stopped. Suddenly the shadows he had been reaching for were there again. Like a mirage fading under a bright relentless sun, Shadowbourne flowed down into his own shadow...

...only to erupt out of the shadow from beneath the Minotaur's feet, springing straight upwards. His hands reach out and snag one of the massive horns as he swivels up and around, snapping both feet across and directly into See Through with vindictive force.

Using the impact of the kick, Shadowbourne launches into a slide back across the floor towards the open door. As he does, shadows burst from every corner of the room...half a dozen Shadowbournes dart in every direction in a dance of confusion.

"Incoming!" comes the coarse scream.
Warpath
 player, 22 posts
Fri 20 May 2016
at 01:02
Miami: Purifier Town
OOC: Sorry life has gotten hectic.

Warpath sized up the giant and decided that life had molded him for a few things and this looked like one of those things that fit.

"Hey," Warpath shouted, "Big man! You're mine."

With that he moved like a mongoose through a field of serpents to confront the horned man.
Revanche
 player, 24 posts
 Has Psychic powers, FYI
Fri 20 May 2016
at 03:05
Miami: Purifier Town
Revanche appropriated another Purifier gun from her recently defeated foes... and 'blind fired' it around the corner.  Forcing them into cover was the best she could do for the moment.

"Come on, you KKK rejects!"

Withdrawing down the stairway, Revanche dashed across the next available floor... back to the other staircase.  Quietly she crept up and closed the gap on the Purifiers.  And then she was upon them, blazing psychic katana cutting through their ranks.  From the sound of it, there was quite a lot of ruckus coming from the formerly guarded apartment... but Revanche didn't have time to look in.
The Watcher
 GM, 36 posts
Sat 21 May 2016
at 21:45
Miami: Purifier Town
Warpah and Shadowbourne double team the horned mutant. Shadowbourne kicks him from below knocking his head up and exposing his neck for Warpah who nails him with the butt end of his dagger. The Bull like man hits the ground hard and doesn't seem to be getting up anytime soon.

As the two of you turn to face the two remaining inhumans the transparent one scowles. You mutants are the spawn of Saten. Lucky for you you are soon to be purified. With that the blue furred inhuman releases a blue ball of energy that seems to just keep growing. Luckily it seems to be moving slowly, or at least it was until the transparent one uses her telekinesis to give the ball more force making it shoot at you while growing ever larger. Spider man climbs out of the vents directly over the two inhumans. He seems to be unnoticed.

As the brawl takes place upstairs Revanche finishes off the purifiers. She is heading up to help her team when she hears footsteps thundering up the stairs from below. It seems the purifiers outside noticed the conflict. They have split up and are charging up the staircases on either side.
Revanche
 player, 25 posts
 Has Psychic powers, FYI
Mon 23 May 2016
at 01:15
Miami: Purifier Town
[Mental communication to Spiderman & Warpath] "More Purifiers closing in... too many for me to slow.  Evacuate the building and head to the church."

Once again lamenting her lack of explosives, Revanche dismissed her blade and picked up two Purifier guns... one in each hand.  Steadying herself against a wall, she blasted the staircase she was near... doing her best to make it impassible.  Then it was off to the other staircase to do the same and hopefully evacuate to the roof (or get a lift with some of her more aerial team mates.