Player's Forum 2.   Posted by GM Heath.Group: 0
Desiraye Lipost
 player, 1886 posts
 PGC Gun-Chick
 Military PSA
Sat 25 Nov 2017
at 15:37
Re: Player's Forum 2
If you want, we can try to drop Desiraye here to try and hold responders up and to deal with the [3] strapping on weapons and belts now?
GM Heath
 GM, 2290 posts
Sun 3 Dec 2017
at 19:28
Re: Player's Forum 2
Sorry.  I hate having a slow game, especially when it's all me to blame.  Real life has just gotten in the way over the last 6 months.  Here's hoping things ease up a bit...
Sgt. Porter Min
 player, 197 posts
 UPF Marines Recon
Fri 8 Dec 2017
at 04:44
Re: Player's Forum 2
So, the way I see it, our options include (but are not limited to):

1. We take the magnitruk to the end of the line and fight it out to get to the controls.

2. Desi gets out here to deal with the techs that spotted us while the rest of us take the magnitruk to the control room.

3. We send the magnitruk on by itself and go to the control room on foot.

4. We take off and nuke the entire site from orbit...it's the only way to be sure. Oh, wait, we don't have a nuke. Scratch this one.

I'm partial to 3, if it won't take too long to get there on foot. If we waste a lot of time, it might be better to risk a hot landing.
Desiraye Lipost
 player, 1888 posts
 PGC Gun-Chick
 Military PSA
Sat 9 Dec 2017
at 00:56
Re: Player's Forum 2
Sgt. Porter Min:
So, the way I see it, our options include (but are not limited to):

1. We take the magnitruk to the end of the line and fight it out to get to the controls.

2. Desi gets out here to deal with the techs that spotted us while the rest of us take the magnitruk to the control room.

3. We send the magnitruk on by itself and go to the control room on foot.

4. We take off and nuke the entire site from orbit...it's the only way to be sure. Oh, wait, we don't have a nuke. Scratch this one.

I'm partial to 3, if it won't take too long to get there on foot. If we waste a lot of time, it might be better to risk a hot landing.

I think #3 is the best option for the entire group.  I was thinking of starting of holding 'choke point' while the rest of the group went on to get the missile.

#4 is always a favorite option!
Orvo
 player, 142 posts
 Blob-shaped Lie Detector
 Stretchy Pugilist
Sat 9 Dec 2017
at 14:22
Re: Player's Forum 2
Sgt. Porter Min:
So, the way I see it, our options include (but are not limited to):

1. We take the magnitruk to the end of the line and fight it out to get to the controls.

2. Desi gets out here to deal with the techs that spotted us while the rest of us take the magnitruk to the control room.

3. We send the magnitruk on by itself and go to the control room on foot.

4. We take off and nuke the entire site from orbit...it's the only way to be sure. Oh, wait, we don't have a nuke. Scratch this one.

I'm partial to 3, if it won't take too long to get there on foot. If we waste a lot of time, it might be better to risk a hot landing.

Orvo feels like the group has a better chance of success if they all stick together, agreeing with the combat vet Sgt. Porter.
S'Krllk
 player, 484 posts
Sun 10 Dec 2017
at 05:51
Re: Player's Forum 2
Since we're discussing options, I'm wondering if it would be feasible to get to our transport, launch, and hover over the missile pad in time to physically intercept the missile. Although not my favored method of stopping the attack, it has come to mind and should be launched into the discussion.
GM Heath
 GM, 2292 posts
Tue 12 Dec 2017
at 01:21
Re: Player's Forum 2
If you jump out of the magnitruk, just let me know if you will be following behind it or going the opposite direction.  As Hammer pointed out, this area is a giant ring, so either direction will lead you full circle.  You are about halfway in between, so either way is about just as far.

Because it rotates, it also has almost full gravitational effect at this location.

I will post whatever Desi or Porter want to do next, since they seem to be taking a tactical lead--also to keep the game moving.
GM Heath
 GM, 2296 posts
Tue 27 Mar 2018
at 17:10
Re: Player's Forum 2
Sorry for the delays, everyone. I've been in Europe for most of March.
Desiraye Lipost
 player, 1892 posts
 PGC Gun-Chick
 Military PSA
Wed 28 Mar 2018
at 02:45
Re: Player's Forum 2
GM Heath:
Sorry for the delays, everyone. I've been in Europe for most of March.

No worries
Desiraye Lipost
 player, 1898 posts
 PGC Gun-Chick
 Military PSA
Sat 9 Jun 2018
at 17:58
Re: Player's Forum 2
Desiraye does glance inside the weapons locker for another power backpack for her rifle or an upgrade to what she has now.
Desiraye Lipost
 player, 1900 posts
 PGC Gun-Chick
 Military PSA
Wed 29 Aug 2018
at 21:29
Re: Player's Forum 2
Bump
Orvo
 player, 150 posts
 Blob-shaped Lie Detector
 Stretchy Pugilist
Thu 6 Sep 2018
at 17:42
Re: Player's Forum 2
I hope we're not done...?
Desiraye Lipost
 player, 1901 posts
 PGC Gun-Chick
 Military PSA
Tue 18 Sep 2018
at 16:00
Re: Player's Forum 2
Well, if there's any change, I still want to play!!!
GM Heath
 GM, 2303 posts
Mon 8 Oct 2018
at 16:14
Re: Player's Forum 2
Sorry for the delay.  We need to finish this module, at a minimum.  My work blocked out RPoL for some reason, and it's made it difficult since I typically do not get online much at home.  But I think I have found a workaround so I hope to get this moving again without these stops and starts which have been my fault.

And I hope you all are still around.
Desiraye Lipost
 player, 1902 posts
 PGC Gun-Chick
 Military PSA
Mon 8 Oct 2018
at 18:12
Re: Player's Forum 2
In reply to GM Heath (msg # 695):

Still here Heath
Orvo
 player, 151 posts
 Blob-shaped Lie Detector
 Stretchy Pugilist
Mon 8 Oct 2018
at 19:55
Re: Player's Forum 2
Looking back (quickly), were we able to get a message off to RIK when we found what we found at the Sanitarium?

Big decision to make and we're going to have to live with it once we make it.  For those newer, sacrifice a planet or the universe...
GM Heath
 GM, 2305 posts
Mon 8 Oct 2018
at 20:34
Re: Player's Forum 2
Yes, you were able to get a message off to him.

There was another way to divert/destroy the missile before it impacts.
Orvo
 player, 152 posts
 Blob-shaped Lie Detector
 Stretchy Pugilist
Mon 8 Oct 2018
at 22:12
Re: Player's Forum 2
GM Heath:
Yes, you were able to get a message off to him.

There was another way to divert/destroy the missile before it impacts.

Ummm, could you possibly refresh my (our) memories?

Glad to see you back Heath!  I missed this game!
S'Krllk
 player, 491 posts
Tue 9 Oct 2018
at 02:37
Re: Player's Forum 2
The universe hasn't destroyed us yet? Ok, I'm still here!
Sgt. Porter Min
 player, 203 posts
 UPF Marines Recon
Tue 9 Oct 2018
at 03:30
Re: Player's Forum 2
I thought the other way to divert the missile was to take over the guidance system computer and re-route it. But if LeGrange is wired into the computer system by cranial implant, that may require taking him out (or at least knocking him out).

Oh, still here. :)
Desiraye Lipost
 player, 1903 posts
 PGC Gun-Chick
 Military PSA
Wed 10 Oct 2018
at 15:27
Re: Player's Forum 2
Sgt. Porter Min:
I thought the other way to divert the missile was to take over the guidance system computer and re-route it. But if LeGrange is wired into the computer system by cranial implant, that may require taking him out (or at least knocking him out).

Oh, still here. :)

If this is still an option in play, then I think we need to end this here with LeGrange, very swiftly!
S'Krllk
 player, 493 posts
Wed 10 Oct 2018
at 15:34
Re: Player's Forum 2
I assumed we would need to hack the computer guidance, and when Legrange indicated it was all in his head, that's what I started trying to hack.
Desiraye Lipost
 player, 1904 posts
 PGC Gun-Chick
 Military PSA
Wed 10 Oct 2018
at 17:23
Re: Player's Forum 2
S'Krllk:
I assumed we would need to hack the computer guidance, and when Legrange indicated it was all in his head, that's what I started trying to hack.

If you can't figure it out (OR, if you can..) sound off!
GM Heath
 GM, 2306 posts
Tue 16 Oct 2018
at 20:14
Re: Player's Forum 2
LeGrange is not wired in by cranial implant...other than that he can instantly communicate to all the computers.

Yes, taking over the guidance system was the second way.  The question is whether you have to take him out to do so and then blow your chance at saving the entire galaxy from the Qantariate by extracting information from him.

This message was last edited by the GM at 20:15, Tue 16 Oct 2018.

Desiraye Lipost
 player, 1909 posts
 PGC Gun-Chick
 Military PSA
Sun 26 May 2019
at 15:41
Re: Player's Forum 2
I guess it is safe to say that we're done here?