Into the Dying Sun.   Posted by The Powers That Be.Group: 0
Frederick
 player, 172 posts
 Life happens. We can only
 accept it or not. Smile.
Fri 19 Jul 2019
at 11:29
Re: Into the Dying Sun
Frederick walks over to the fire and sits down, cradling Dinen Dal close. He looks at the others.

I'm not sure if what Dinen saw was the woman who ran but he saw something gruesome out in the dark. I suggest we sleep lightly tonight and keep guard.

Frederick chuckles at David's explanations of what his magic is.

Necromancer are about raising and controlling the dead and undead. Arcanist are sometimes about becoming the undead.  Lich to be precise.  I hope you are not moving in that direction my good man.
David Von Ersch
 player, 47 posts
 For the night is dark
 And full of terror ...
Fri 19 Jul 2019
at 11:59
Re: Into the Dying Sun
Raising an eyebrow "A lich ..?" David eyed himself ".. I would make a lich look good, Not much need to change. Am not so fatboned to start with. Though rest assured, I would be more of a vampire sort. Flying into the nighsky you see. Who wouldnt to do that. Huh."

Eyeing both and a smile of sorts into the paladins (knightly) direction

"But .. no no, Im not looking after to see anyone really. Going to postpone such inevitable thing for aslong as it allows me. The Abyss you see .."
Stoney Applesmith
 player, 329 posts
 SP15/AC10
 Thatco18/HP31/14
Fri 19 Jul 2019
at 15:59
Re: Into the Dying Sun
In reply to David Von Ersch (msg # 321):

With all the talk of undead, and vampires and the such Stoney continues to  drink.
"Dead or undead its all forms of  magic.  Some derived from Gods some from the powers of the universe."
Taking a sip.
"Either can be used for good or evil, if things were so black and white.  Certain things, in my opinion are more grey in shade, than blatantly obvious.  I like to measure men by their actions"
Taking another drink.
"Oh and of course how they like pour their libations, or drinks!"

Looking into thte darkness.
"I can take first watch, since I am not tired, if that is ok with everyone."

David Von Ersch
 player, 49 posts
 For the night is dark
 And full of terror ...
Sat 20 Jul 2019
at 05:36
Re: Into the Dying Sun
Sipping the tea "Quite an interesting observation .." finishing the tea "Good idea, .. I can put out a simple spell that sends an alarm if something walks into the area."

David looked around for a comfy spot to sleep.
The Powers That Be
 GM, 608 posts
Sat 20 Jul 2019
at 14:57
Re: Into the Dying Sun
No rush as I see the conversation is going along rather well but just let me know when you're ready to move on and I'll get you rolling.
Boris Underhill
 player, 319 posts
 Halfling
 'Legitimate Businessman'
Sun 21 Jul 2019
at 08:37
Re: Into the Dying Sun
In reply to David Von Ersch (msg # 323):

Boris yawned. The adrenaline that had coursed through his veins was gone, and he felt exhausted from excitement and exertion. But the tea was helping keeping him awake. "I'll finish the rest of my watch, then turn in. Sorry, Frederick, I guess you didn't get that night's rest you were hoping for!"
Frederick
 player, 174 posts
 Life happens. We can only
 accept it or not. Smile.
Sun 21 Jul 2019
at 20:45
Re: Into the Dying Sun
Frederick shrugs.

That is the way of adventuring. Hopefully I can still get in enough hours to resupply my inner resources. The world supplies the majority of the energy for my castings but I have to use a small part of my own energies to direct that energy. Much like a lantern. The wick and the air do most of the work but the feul has to be there.  I simply need to refuel at night.

He moves over to David and offers his hand.

It is nice to rejoin with you old friend.  Now if all will excuse me, I take back to my bed till morning.

Frederick makes his way to his hammock, trying hard to make sure the weariness that flows thru his body doesn't show. He climbs into the hammock and pulls his cover up over him.  Dinen settles in close and Frederick whispers in Dinen Dal's ear.

Watch David small one. It's been many years since we last met and he may not still be as he was then.
David Von Ersch
 player, 50 posts
 For the night is dark
 And full of terror ...
Sun 21 Jul 2019
at 21:19
Re: Into the Dying Sun
Haveing found a good as it gets spot, David sets off to cast the 'alarm' spell so that if something was to arrive within an area of 20 sq.feet (around the fire) a rather loud horn will blow. One certainly awakening all to stand against whatever the night would offer.

Shaking Fredericks hand David smiled "We certainly have a catch up to do my friend, it has been to long .."

Then after making certain the spell was in place to aid the halfling, so he could theoratically doze of charmlessly David goes to sleep. Hopeing to replenish what dark energy he had used to get rid ofcthe foul creatures.
Stoney Applesmith
 player, 331 posts
 SP15/AC10
 Thatco18/HP31/14
Mon 22 Jul 2019
at 15:33
Re: Into the Dying Sun
In reply to David Von Ersch (msg # 327):

As everyone settles in for their night sleep, Stoney partakes of his own drink.  All the time while praying to many different Gods.  Confused by which would grant him powers of healing and such.  He has to assume it is a lot  of them, so he prays to multiples.  Offering drink and prayers while trying to keep his eyes peeled for anything weird from the zombie horse, and its rider.
Albion Hawkmoon
 player, 177 posts
 Human Male
 Crusader of Mayaheine
Tue 23 Jul 2019
at 04:02
Re: Into the Dying Sun
"If Ondrea requires healing, I can lay hands upon her."

Also, doing some detect evil to check up on undeadish seeming things, just in case.
Ondrea Avalor
 player, 230 posts
 I can't drown my demons
 they know how to swim.
Tue 23 Jul 2019
at 04:32
Re: Into the Dying Sun

Ondrea comes around and moves herself into a sitting position as she checks the wound on her neck.

"I am alright for now." She checks to see if all her weapons are in place and none of her equipment as fallen loose.


-
David Von Ersch
 player, 51 posts
 For the night is dark
 And full of terror ...
Tue 23 Jul 2019
at 07:07
Re: Into the Dying Sun
David, sleeping .. lightly .. chuckles briefly. Murmering softly, nearly incomprehensible "I bet you would lay your hand on her, very valiantly for a knight of sorts." continueing his slumber. You hear David murmer about past experiences. Some .. rather gloomy once

OOC: not sure really if the 'animated' dead horse would register as evil. interesting thought there.
The Powers That Be
 GM, 609 posts
Tue 23 Jul 2019
at 16:10
Re: Into the Dying Sun
Given the world you're in, evil tends to radiate from every inch, pore, thread, crack, etc...
Albion Hawkmoon
 player, 183 posts
 Human Male
 Crusader of Mayaheine
Wed 24 Jul 2019
at 17:59
Re: Into the Dying Sun
Hawkmoon checks the camp, looking around and making certain they are set before settling in at the fire.

"Who might the new fellow be?"  He gestures to the man who went to sleep so rapidly.

Poking the fire with a stick.
"Back to normal watch, then.  Sleep if you can, I will wake the next."
Boris Underhill
 player, 321 posts
 Halfling
 'Legitimate Businessman'
Wed 24 Jul 2019
at 20:28
Re: Into the Dying Sun
In reply to Albion Hawkmoon (msg # 333):

"I am glad to hear you are all right, Ondrea.

"Sir Ha wkmoon, I believe it was my watch as well."


OOC: I don't recall if Albion wants to be called by that name so please advise!

This message was last edited by the player at 10:10, Fri 26 July 2019.

Albion Hawkmoon
 player, 184 posts
 Human Male
 Crusader of Mayaheine
Wed 24 Jul 2019
at 20:32
Re: Into the Dying Sun
"Indeed, sire Underhill, and your company is welcome."

OOC:  Nope, just Hawkmoon.  He doesn't use/give out the Albion.  I know, weird.
The Powers That Be
 GM, 611 posts
Mon 29 Jul 2019
at 04:15
Re: Into the Dying Sun
Aside from the stray, chilling howl of some distant creep, the remainder of your evening was fairly uneventful.  Sleep, however, did very little to lift your spirits, or your constitutions.  The night air fell silent proceeding the fight; even the insects seemed to have gone into hiding.  The wind ceased and save for the crackling of the fire, the silence would have driven you mad.  Grateful to have the sun shining upon the land once more, you slowly begin to rise to meet a new day...still in the swamp.
Stoney Applesmith
 player, 333 posts
 SP15/AC10
 Thatco18/HP31/14
Mon 29 Jul 2019
at 14:37
Re: Into the Dying Sun
In reply to The Powers That Be (msg # 336):

Cleaning up his bedroll, and area Stoney grabs some food from his pack, and a quick drink.
Waiting for the others to rise, he looks around close to camp to get a better lay of the land.   Careful not to get too close to the zombie horse.  Looking around, not far from camp at all, hoping the sunlight might glean some information on which way the lady went.
After looking around, and hearing the others rise, he comes back.
"Good morning.  I trust our accommodations were to your liking?" Said in a sarcastic tone, as if he were the keeper of an inn.
Albion Hawkmoon
 player, 185 posts
 Human Male
 Crusader of Mayaheine
Mon 29 Jul 2019
at 15:18
Re: Into the Dying Sun
A chuckle from the night.

"My mattress was a tad lumpy, but I did enjoy the fresh air from the window."

He stirs up the coals they have left and checks the tea left to steep last night.  "Ah, good strong tea here to clear the cobwebs of the mind is available... or I can throw it out."
Boris Underhill
 player, 322 posts
 Halfling
 'Legitimate Businessman'
Wed 31 Jul 2019
at 08:58
Re: Into the Dying Sun
In reply to The Powers That Be (msg # 336):

Yawning and stretching, Boris got up. "What a horrid night. My word!" He stumbled over to the fire and poured some tea, began to make them all breakfast. "We got some provisions in that town, but in a day or so we must needs return to Port Strange.

"What say you all? Return to town? Find that "damsel" we met last night? Continue on the trail of the Saracens?"

Ondrea Avalor
 player, 231 posts
 I can't drown my demons
 they know how to swim.
Wed 31 Jul 2019
at 21:08
Re: Into the Dying Sun
In reply to Boris Underhill (msg # 339):

"I am not sure Boris at this point I am leaning towards returning to Port Strange, at least we can defend the town and perhaps take a prisoner this time who could act as a guide ?"

She ate a sparse breakfast still not feeling very good at all.


-
Frederick
 player, 177 posts
 Life happens. We can only
 accept it or not. Smile.
Thu 1 Aug 2019
at 01:15
Re: Into the Dying Sun
The noise of the others stirring, plus Dinen bouncing on his chest, finally rouses Frederick from his slumber. He deftly swings out of the hammock, stretching much a newly awakened cat. He moves over to the campfire and squats down to see what the options are.  The aroma of the tea strikes his nostrils and he perks up.

I don't smell coffee but that tea should suffice.  If there is enough left. Did I hear some mention of the lady from last night? I think Dinen can shed some light on her condition. I don't believe she made it very far, based on the images I picked up from him.
Stoney Applesmith
 player, 334 posts
 SP15/AC10
 Thatco18/HP31/14
Thu 1 Aug 2019
at 15:34
Re: Into the Dying Sun
In reply to Frederick (msg # 341):

Listening to the group converse on what to do next, he is interested in the lady.  While poking the fire with a stick he asks.
"Do tell, what happened to the poor lady?"

David Von Ersch
 player, 55 posts
 For the night is dark
 And full of terror ...
Thu 1 Aug 2019
at 23:07
Re: Into the Dying Sun
Rolling over a last time, murmering while wrapping his cloak around him for another splitvsecond. Though, realising folk around him.were up and about. Smelling the tea

"Well, .. I'll have a mug of that tea Mr.Underhill .. and, .. a good morning yes. Why hello sunshine. I see you lived through a nasty possible infection from these fingernails. Make sure to rub in the herbs for another day lest my magic might leave a scar that no ammount of make-up will mask"

Getting up stretching, looking around

"A brief introduction might be in order. Before you stands David von Ersch. But David wil do just fine, Arcanist and .. owner of that horse. Or, atleast it was a horse till it fell victim to the swamp. It may smell and not look fancy, it still is a rather comfortable manner of transportation. Keeps your feet dry"

Dusting himself "Heading to a somewhat more civil area would be very much appreciated"
Frederick
 player, 178 posts
 Life happens. We can only
 accept it or not. Smile.
Fri 2 Aug 2019
at 02:30
Re: Into the Dying Sun
Frederick smiles as David speaks.  David was always very loquacious. Once David is done talking Frederick speaks up.

As much as any of us can vouch for another, I can say that I knew David in our youth and he was an upright citizen. And I believe him to still be so.  Even if I did think him the source of the creatures to begin with.  As to the lady, I can not say for certain if it was she that Dinen found but he found the remains of someone last night out in the dark that had been torn asunder. Once we have broke bread perhaps we should go see?

As he says this, he reaches into a pouch inside his cloak and pulls out some small pieces of bread, which he passes to each of the party members.

Along with the tea, this should give us a good start to the day.