Into the Dying Sun.   Posted by The Powers That Be.Group: 0
Ondrea Avalor
 player, 242 posts
 I can't drown my demons
 they know how to swim.
Fri 27 Sep 2019
at 00:57
Re: Into the Dying Sun
In reply to Stoney Applesmith (msg # 466):

"I hope so, lets continue on." Ondrea will quicken her pace to the village, she wanted a drink and some food.

-
Boris Underhill
 player, 347 posts
 Halfling
 'Legitimate Businessman'
Fri 27 Sep 2019
at 02:19
Re: Into the Dying Sun
In reply to The Powers That Be (msg # 465):

Boris wandered back to where he could guard their back-trail. He was fascinated by the way Frederick could levitate but did not want to be too distracted.
The Powers That Be
 GM, 641 posts
Wed 2 Oct 2019
at 16:55
Re: Into the Dying Sun
Indeed, the firelight you see is coming from the gated town of Strangefellow Port.  As you draw closer to the glowing warmth, the tall, dark wooden walls rise high into the air giving a foreboding impression.  All seemed deathly quiet and if it weren't for the occasional helmet that popped up along the top, you would almost think the place empty and devoid of life.
Albion Hawkmoon
 player, 212 posts
 Human Male
 Crusader of Mayaheine
Wed 2 Oct 2019
at 17:00
Re: Into the Dying Sun
Hawkmoon continues to hold the front, but he looks back.

"Would anyone else care to be spokeman to the gate?"
Boris Underhill
 player, 348 posts
 Halfling
 'Legitimate Businessman'
Wed 2 Oct 2019
at 20:48
Re: Into the Dying Sun
In reply to Albion Hawkmoon (msg # 473):

The Halfling replied, "no, no, you go with God, my friend. No one knows me and I'm not that impressive as you."
Albion Hawkmoon
 player, 213 posts
 Human Male
 Crusader of Mayaheine
Wed 2 Oct 2019
at 21:01
Re: Into the Dying Sun
A chuckle from the knight.

"Makes me a better target."
Stoney Applesmith
 player, 358 posts
 SP15/AC10
 Thatco18/HP31/14
Wed 2 Oct 2019
at 21:46
Re: Into the Dying Sun
In reply to Albion Hawkmoon (msg # 475):

"Better you a target than than me a target"
Stoney says offering the new front man a drink.
"Here take a drink, it always help loosen me up!"

Frederick
 player, 192 posts
 Life happens. We can only
 accept it or not. Smile.
Thu 3 Oct 2019
at 03:11
Re: Into the Dying Sun
Frederick takes out one of his light stones and drops it at his feet.

Good Sirs who guard the town. We know we have arrived a bit late but would very much like admittance so that we might eat hot food, drink refreshing liquid, and sleep in the comfort of an inn with a bed. Might we humbly ask for admission good Sirs?
David Von Ersch
 player, 93 posts
 For the night is dark
 And full of terror ...
Thu 3 Oct 2019
at 11:16
Re: Into the Dying Sun
Lets say, a Kilometer or so before we would reach the gates. David tied the undead horse to a tree. And patted it onto its head. Though small fleshy flakes fell of the steed seemed to appreciate the touch. <Aqua>"Now, lets head to the gates .."</Aqua> in a not so fast pace. Leaning on his staff

at the gates David covers his head, the black cloths whom he wore would be alarming enough, most likely .. but if asked about it. He would proclaim these were the finest in Barovia that kept his body warm in these parts of the world. For the rest, he would keep quiet. Trying not to draw any attention upon his person. Knowing fully well most didn't see the Vistani, and or their halfbreeds to kindly
The Powers That Be
 GM, 644 posts
Mon 7 Oct 2019
at 15:46
Re: Into the Dying Sun
There is some shuffling and speaking that filters down from the ramparts but becomes simple noise by the time it reaches your ears.  Eventually, the sounds of creaking wood grinding against metal reverberates through the structure as the gate begins to open.  The familiar, grizzled face (to some) of Captain Rasmir appears from the opening followed by several other guards.

"Well, I see you survived your time out in the forest.  Either you are indeed skilled fighters, or the gods favor the foolish."

He belts out a loud roar of a laugh.

"Come, come, get inside, quickly.  Before something else follows you in."
Albion Hawkmoon
 player, 214 posts
 Human Male
 Crusader of Mayaheine
Mon 7 Oct 2019
at 15:54
Re: Into the Dying Sun
Hawkmoon gestures to everyone as he faces to their rear.

"I will rear guard, companions, enter safety and then I shall follow."
Boris Underhill
 player, 349 posts
 Halfling
 'Legitimate Businessman'
Wed 9 Oct 2019
at 07:59
Re: Into the Dying Sun
In reply to Albion Hawkmoon (msg # 480):

Not needing much more prompting, Boris led the way inside. "Ah! This is a lot better."
Ondrea Avalor
 player, 243 posts
 I can't drown my demons
 they know how to swim.
Wed 9 Oct 2019
at 08:13
Re: Into the Dying Sun

Ondrea follows the others through the gates and then asks Captain Rasmir "Has it been quiet tonight Captain ?"


-
The Powers That Be
 GM, 646 posts
Wed 9 Oct 2019
at 13:29
Re: Into the Dying Sun
"So far it indeed has been.  That, by no means, signals a good night.  The light of morning tends to reveal the nights' horrors."
David Von Ersch
 player, 94 posts
 For the night is dark
 And full of terror ...
Fri 11 Oct 2019
at 12:47
Re: Into the Dying Sun
Following the kid (halfling) inside the civilized area, keeping a low profile. That was atleast the attempt. David smiled softly curving his lips at the words of the guard.

thinking - ["You know not half of such a truth my dear man. Yet there are many more horrors that come out at night to play that are in the light of day just ordinary folk such as yourselves."]
Stoney Applesmith
 player, 359 posts
 SP15/AC10
 Thatco18/HP31/14
Fri 11 Oct 2019
at 15:55
Re: Into the Dying Sun
In reply to David Von Ersch (msg # 484):

Once inside the walls, Stoney looks for a place to rest his head and refill his canteen.
"What do you say, shall we find a place to rest and refill?  refill our souls, and wine skins? Then we can regroup in the morning, and figure out what to do and where to go next."
Albion Hawkmoon
 player, 215 posts
 Human Male
 Crusader of Mayaheine
Fri 11 Oct 2019
at 16:06
Re: Into the Dying Sun
Hawkmoon enters last, and joins everyone without another todo.

"Shall we find a place to rest?"
Ondrea Avalor
 player, 244 posts
 I can't drown my demons
 they know how to swim.
Fri 11 Oct 2019
at 22:45
Re: Into the Dying Sun
In reply to Albion Hawkmoon (msg # 486):

"The Inn's over here, let me show you." Leading companions old and new to the Inn, Ondrea will secure a room and a bath.

-
David Von Ersch
 player, 95 posts
 For the night is dark
 And full of terror ...
Sat 12 Oct 2019
at 04:20
Re: Into the Dying Sun
Nodding, ..
It certainly had been awhile that he had slept in a normal bed. Away from prying eyes and a like. Perhaps even a bath. Ye, why not. Such luxery wasnt available every day. Certainly not when one was oit on the road. "Lead the way .. mylady"
The Powers That Be
 GM, 649 posts
Mon 14 Oct 2019
at 17:12
Re: Into the Dying Sun
Some of you have already been here but for the new arrivals...

quote:
The mass of oaken planks and iron hinges creaks open to reveal what may have once passed for a tavern. The usual accoutrements are plainly there...the bar counter, various mounts upon the walls, games of chance...but nothing about this place seemed right. The walls were stained black with soot, completely blocking any view of the material beneath; yet only a small wood stove sat in the middle of the room and it had a vent pipe. No visible windows graced the room whatsoever. Where perhaps several tables and chairs, a few private booths even, should have been now only contained a small handful of benches as the rest of the room had been converted into hastily crafted beds stacked three high. On the back wall to the left of the counter sat an old, well worn staircase leading out of view. While there was talk and chatter in the room, many spoke in hushed tones, some in downright whispers. After your initial entrance none of them really seemed to pay you any mind.

Albion Hawkmoon
 player, 216 posts
 Human Male
 Crusader of Mayaheine
Mon 14 Oct 2019
at 17:36
Re: Into the Dying Sun
Hawkmoon enters and a frown is immediately visible as he surveys the place.
Boris Underhill
 player, 350 posts
 Halfling
 'Legitimate Businessman'
Tue 15 Oct 2019
at 06:33
Re: Into the Dying Sun
In reply to Albion Hawkmoon (msg # 490):

Boris muttered, "charming. I'm not overflowing with pride, I'd enjoy a straw pallet fine right now after sleeping all those nights out of doors!

"Where's the inkeep?"

Ondrea Avalor
 player, 245 posts
 I can't drown my demons
 they know how to swim.
Tue 15 Oct 2019
at 06:56
Re: Into the Dying Sun

Ondrea found a seat by the fire if there was one. Removing her pack she also kept an eye out for the Inn keep as she began to remove her armour.


-
David Von Ersch
 player, 96 posts
 For the night is dark
 And full of terror ...
Tue 15 Oct 2019
at 09:50
Re: Into the Dying Sun
Keeping a wizardly low profile, trying not to stand out like a sour thumb. David follows his newfound companions. Only to keep an eye out for the stranger things that would be uncommon in such a scenery.

"Anything above the ground suits me .." whispering so that Boris could just barely hear it.
Stoney Applesmith
 player, 360 posts
 SP15/AC10
 Thatco18/HP31/14
Tue 15 Oct 2019
at 13:46
Re: Into the Dying Sun
In reply to David Von Ersch (msg # 493):

Stoney marches straight up tot the bar.
Placing all of his empty wineskins on the counter.
Waiting to make eye contact with the bar keep.

"Can I get a drink, and fill these up, please."