One Big Happy Family...   Posted by GM.Group: 0
Zeph
 player, 61 posts
 Whoosh Whoosh!
Thu 27 Dec 2018
at 17:42
Re: One Big Happy Family...
Zeph rushes around the ship getting everything ready to set sail. After consulting the ship's compass and a few other measuring bits and ends, he starts delegating tasks. He shouts, "Ready to set sail, Captain!"

Navigation roll success by 6

This message was last edited by the player at 21:13, Thu 27 Dec 2018.

GM
 GM, 50 posts
Sat 29 Dec 2018
at 04:44
Re: One Big Happy Family...
Zeph’s skills as a Navigator are put on full display as you catch a favorable tailwind, picking up great speed. A small sloop had left the harbor at the same time but is quite a ways back now. There’s no flag flying and it looks like just another merchant ship.

 Halfway through your trip, there’s some rocks jutting out of the sea. You sea them in time and are able to swing wide around them. As you get a ways past the rock, you can see the sloop get caught up in them.

As you near Sugar Cane, Pauli can see a small fortitude built into the sides of the rock on the right hand side as well as a dock and a military looking ship with no flag as well as 2 sloops like the one you saw earlier. It’s hard to tell what’s on the left but it looks like mainly just a large beach.

You guys can sail left or right.
Pauli D. Parrot
 player, 99 posts
 Raaaawk!
 Basic speed 6.25
Sat 29 Dec 2018
at 06:07
Re: One Big Happy Family...
Pauli flapped down from his vantage point. "Three ships there arr, and one has a marine cut to her jib. What say ye, shall we land and come by surprise, or shall we sail straight at them?"
Zeph
 player, 63 posts
 Whoosh Whoosh!
Sat 29 Dec 2018
at 06:08
Re: One Big Happy Family...
As they near the island, Zeph shouts to Pauli, "That is up to you Captain! Your eyes are better than mine, and in any case it is your call on how you want to approach this place!"
Pauli D. Parrot
 player, 100 posts
 Raaaawk!
 Basic speed 6.25
Sat 29 Dec 2018
at 06:41
Re: One Big Happy Family...
"Well thanks to arr shipwright, we also have a marine cut to arr jib. Lets sail in. We will be moored and on them afore ye can say Davy Jones!"
Kenshi Tenma
 player, 188 posts
 Payara Fishman
 Karate Chef
Sat 29 Dec 2018
at 17:40
Re: One Big Happy Family...
"Aye, captain!" said the Fishman, yanking on some rope to turn the sails to take the wind.
Zeph
 player, 64 posts
 Whoosh Whoosh!
Sat 29 Dec 2018
at 18:29
Re: One Big Happy Family...
Zeph takes the ship in to the dock as gracefully as he can manage. He shouts to Kenshi, "Reef that sail Kenshi! We don't want to ram the dock!"
GM
 GM, 51 posts
Sun 30 Dec 2018
at 20:08
Re: One Big Happy Family...
“Those on this island don’t know who you lot are but Melody and myself, they want us dead. So, we will be out of sight for the time being. We’ll try to scout ahead and gather some intel.” Atlas tells Pauli as he and his comrad change into their bird forms and fly to the top of the mast.
 With everyone doing their share, the Phoenix glides into the dock with ease. The three ships are all to your right. The closest being the two sloops with the Marine ship being the furthest away. The sloops each have 2 people on deck that you can see, one has a mop and the other checking the knots and lines. You can’t really see anything on the warship other than 2 guards standing at the gangplank, each armed with a rifle and short sword.
 You can now see a man in the distance walking straight toward you guys rather quickly. “HELLO, yes hi!...   This island is under quarantine, yes isolated...    It’s not safe for visitors, yes VERY dangerous” he’s out of breath by the time he gets to the Phoenix.
Kenshi Tenma
 player, 189 posts
 Payara Fishman
 Karate Chef
Sun 30 Dec 2018
at 20:22
Re: One Big Happy Family...
"Quarantined for what reason?" said Kenshi, striding down the gang plank.
GM
 GM, 52 posts
Sun 30 Dec 2018
at 20:40
Re: One Big Happy Family...
The man takes a couple steps back as Kenshi steps foot on the dock, obviously a little spooked from the Fishmans appearance,“Why the quarantine, yes good, good question....   PIRATES, yes foul foul sea dogs. They used poison gas weapons, yes horrible chemicals....     There’s no trade to be had here for now, yes everything is shut down.”

This message was last edited by the GM at 20:41, Sun 30 Dec 2018.

Kenshi Tenma
 player, 190 posts
 Payara Fishman
 Karate Chef
Sun 30 Dec 2018
at 21:02
Re: One Big Happy Family...
"Yeah, so we were told, but you seem nervous."

The Fishman bared his lower jaw fangs in a grin.

"What seems to be the problem? Are you worried? Or just hungry? We do have food if you’re hungry."
GM
 GM, 53 posts
Sun 30 Dec 2018
at 23:15
Re: One Big Happy Family...
  “You were told? Oh yes, word travels fast. Nervous? No no no not nervous, ... sick, yes very sick” he fakes a cough. “The poison has got to my lungs, yes hard to breathe. I was here when the attack happened, yes the uh devistating battle.”

  He half smiles back at Kenshi, unsure if he trying to intimidate him or his smile is just that unnerving. He looks over his shoulder than back at Kenshi, “Problem? No problem, yes everything is under control. Another month maybe and the island will be habitable again, yes the people may return.” His smile grows bigger though very fake. “Food? Are you dropping supplies, yes what is your purpose here?”
Kenshi Tenma
 player, 191 posts
 Payara Fishman
 Karate Chef
Mon 31 Dec 2018
at 00:37
Re: One Big Happy Family...
"Oh that sounds terrible. I might have some herbs or something to counteract the poison. Do you know what it was?"

Failed Gullibility SCR.
Pauli D. Parrot
 player, 101 posts
 Raaaawk!
 Basic speed 6.25
Mon 31 Dec 2018
at 01:16
Re: One Big Happy Family...
"Kenshi Don't be ridiculous, We aren't here to drop off food, we are here to give them a message from Wells!" The bird was speaking like Ashton again. "the bird memorized it. Pauli flew over and perched near the man. "Rawk! Message from Wells. Rawk! Somebody ratted us out, and the Navy is heading this way. The games over, and you better get out of there! These guys are a professional cleaning crew, they will take care of everything before the navy arrives."

Succeeded rolls to mimic Ashton and Wells, beat fast talk by only 2 though.
GM
 GM, 54 posts
Mon 31 Dec 2018
at 05:14
Re: One Big Happy Family...
  He looks at Kenshi “Umm, the deadly kind of poison, yes the... green kind?”

  The man flinches when Pauli flys by him. He stares intently at the bird while listening to the message. He looks at you guys then back at Pauli, “So Wells sent you? That is definitely a problem, yes can’t have the Navy catching me. Well then I should get to packing and let you guys get to work, yes take you to the site. Follow me please, yes come come.”

If you don’t have anymore questions, he has you all follow him.

  He leads you guys past the docks and a couple little abandoned shacks and up a wide road. There’s large hills that block your view of the rest of the island. The road you’re on leads between a cut out in the hills. There’s large iron doors to block off the island from the docks and both doors are closed. He knocks three times and there is a pause, then the doors begin to open. There’s two men in marine soldier uniforms, each with a large muscular right arm very much like the man Ashton turned into a tree. Each has a large sword strapped to their back and a rifle on a strap hanging on their side. They open and close the door with ease.

   You can see the majority of the island from just inside the gate. Fields of sugar cane stretch as far as you can see with about three dozen farm houses scattered throughout. There’s 2 giant steel buildings, one the right and the other to the left. There’s a man in ‘pirate’ clothing driving a carriage loaded with barrels headed for the gate and seems rather shocked when he sees you guys. “Eh, (hiccup) can I help you?”
“They came with a message from Wells, yes a warning.” your guide answers the man. He turns to Ashton, “can you have your bird repeat the message?”
Pauli D. Parrot
 player, 102 posts
 Raaaawk!
 Basic speed 6.25
Mon 31 Dec 2018
at 18:53
Re: One Big Happy Family...
"Pauli, message from Wells." "Rawk! Message from Wells!" "Somebody ratted us out, and the Navy is heading this way. The games over, and you better get out of there! These guys are a professional cleaning crew, they will take care of everything before the navy arrives." Paulie flapped his wings, but did not leave Ashton's shoulder this time.

Beat fast-talk by 8
GM
 GM, 55 posts
Thu 3 Jan 2019
at 01:22
Re: One Big Happy Family...
The driver, obviously intoxicated and falling out of the wagon scratches his head, “ Haha well that rascal Wells must be drunker than me (hiccup) this assignment  is Navy sanctioned (hiccup) why woul...” the awkward man cuts him off, “you fool, you’ve said too much. Yes your idiotic brain must shut it.” The drunkard seems hurt by his words. He starts to get down out of the wagon, flask in hand. “Im gonna (hiccup punch that annoying face of yours (hiccup) once everything stops spinning.” He trips on the step and tumbles to the floor.
 The awkward man looks at you guys, “I was going to just throw you in a cell with the others, yes lock you up. But, I’m just gonna have to kill you now, yes take your lives. We don’t like snoopers, yes curiosity did kill the cat.” Instantly, knives spring from bracers hidden in his sleeves and swipes both at Ashton’s neck.

————————————————————————————————

Ashton
Defend or take 5 cut damage to neck/ Take 12 cut to neck
Make HT roll or take 2 damage from poison




Jack: HP 14/14

This message was last edited by the GM at 01:34, Thu 03 Jan 2019.

Kenshi Tenma
 player, 192 posts
 Payara Fishman
 Karate Chef
Thu 3 Jan 2019
at 01:30
Re: One Big Happy Family...
"HUNDRED BRICK FIST!"

Kenshi put his fist into the attacker’s side.

Attack: Success.
Damage: 28 crushing double-knockback (armor divisor 5).

Ashton D. Willoughby
 player, 118 posts
 Shipwright/ Gentleman
 Tree Tree Fruit eater
Thu 3 Jan 2019
at 02:20
Re: One Big Happy Family...
"I say sir!" Ashton says batting aside both attacks with his bare hands, "That is not how you kill someone. This is how you kill someone!"

With that he turns his hand towards the drunk pirate and blasts him with thorns shouting, "Thorn Shottogan!"

Attack Success.
25, 18, 21, 22, & 25 piercing damage.

This message was last edited by the player at 11:55, Thu 03 Jan 2019.

Zeph
 player, 65 posts
 Whoosh Whoosh!
Thu 3 Jan 2019
at 04:48
Re: One Big Happy Family...
Zeph is a bit late to notice the attack, but transforms as soon as the knives slash at Ashton. With an angry voice, Zeph shouts, "Baby, it looks like you just put yourself BEHIND THE EIGHT BALL!"

Maneuver: Concentrate
Pauli D. Parrot
 player, 103 posts
 Raaaawk!
 Basic speed 6.25
Thu 3 Jan 2019
at 05:02
Re: One Big Happy Family...
Startled by the flashing knives, Pauli took to the air. He circled to get a better view of the surroundings and to see if anybody else was coming towards them.

Success by 8 on PER roll
Arnold D. Plunkett
 player, 68 posts
 8' Tall Bear Mink
 Basic Speed 7.25
Thu 3 Jan 2019
at 17:57
Re: One Big Happy Family...
Arnold put his 4' blowpipe to his lips and looked around for anyone else looking to attack them.
GM
 GM, 56 posts
Fri 4 Jan 2019
at 23:38
Re: One Big Happy Family...
 Kenshi thrusts his fist at Ashton’s attacker. “Kami-e” the man says as his limp body curves around the fishman’s fist, dodging the blow. He then swipes both of his knives at Kenshi’s neck.
 Ashton unleashed a blast of wooden stakes into the drunkards back. A sloshing sound can be heard as each one hits its mark. A clear liquid can also be seen splashing into the air as each one impales him. His body still moving a little.
The two guards that were standing by the door have drawn their giant swords and are running toward you.
 At this moment you can see Atlas and Melody flying toward you guys from the building on the left
————————————————————————————————

Ashton
 Parrying the man’s knives with his arm, the blades bounce of the hard wood. He then turns and shoots the drunkard with 5 large wooden thorns

Kenshi
 Throws a deadly punch but the man dodges
   Defend twice or take 5 & 4 cut damage

Zeph
 Turns into a whirlwind of death

Arnold
 Readies his blowgun

Pauli
 Takes to the sky
  The whole sugar cane field is surrounded by large hills, almost like a giant bowl. Directly on the other side of the island is another small dock with a large ship.

Jack (Knife Guy): HP 13/13
Guard 1: HP 15/15
Guard 2:HP 15/15
Cpt. Nonbee: HP 16/16

This message was last edited by the GM at 00:16, Sat 05 Jan 2019.

Kenshi Tenma
 player, 193 posts
 Payara Fishman
 Karate Chef
Sat 5 Jan 2019
at 00:03
Re: One Big Happy Family...
Kenshi easily batted aside the knives. Beads of water formed on his arm as he brought it around:

"WATER SHOTGUN!"

Retreat Parry: Success & Critical Success.
Attacker rolls on the Critical Miss Table.
Water Shotgun: Critical Miss, but I will spend 3 WP to make that a Success.
My effective skill should have been 18, but I forgot the +2 from my RoF 9.
All 9 shots on target (effective margin 8). If the target dodges, he avoids one shot plus additional shots equal to his margin of success.
Damage: 10, 11, 13, 8, 10, 10, 9, 11, and 8 pi.

Pauli D. Parrot
 player, 104 posts
 Raaaawk!
 Basic speed 6.25
Sat 5 Jan 2019
at 01:28
Re: One Big Happy Family...
Pauli begins circling to approach the guards from behind.

succeed stealth by 5