Following the trail of Nergal.   Posted by The Dungeon Master.Group: 0
The Dungeon Master
 GM, 35 posts
Tue 23 Aug 2016
at 10:48
Following the trail of Nergal.
A week has passed since the events at the Keep of Dunmorrow. The parties actions must have shook the grip the cult had over Tono. After the first night of the heroes return, a dozen towns folk (some of them elders) disappeared without a trace. It is assumed they were involved with the cult of Nergal.

The heroes were also welcomed back as just that. Heroes. Many of the saved prisoners were missing villagers from Tono and their family's were over joyed to see them return.

The Heroes have been using this time to heal and prepare for the challenges ahead.

[You are all at full health and all debilities are gone]

Tell me,
What did the village of Tono do in gratitude to you for your deeds?
What have you been doing this last week?

To answer Goran's Questions

What is Tono's Population?
Tono is a small fishing village of a few hundred resistance in the village proper and surrounding area.

What is the racial breakdown?
Tono is a human community. A small number of demihumans live in the surrounding outskirts but do not consider themselves residence of the village.

Who is in charge?
Tono is 'governed' by a council of elders. The lead elder is Rowin Vern.

Prominent business?
You tell me

Church?
Tono is not an overly religious community. They do have a shrine to Ea, god of the sea. Mostly they seek his protection when they go out fishing and what not.

This message was last edited by the GM at 12:48, Tue 23 Aug 2016.

Keenan Arrow-Eye
 player, 31 posts
 Xp=3 Hp=11
 R=5 A=4 C=13
Tue 23 Aug 2016
at 11:45
Following the trail of Nergal.
Keenan spent 4-5 days resting at the local herbalist's house. Forick the herbalist has been treating Keenan's wounds free of charge, and his daughter has been keeping his spirits up. He was also given a bundle of arrows and a pack of adventuring gear by a grateful shop owner.
Caswell Blackhart
 player, 27 posts
Tue 23 Aug 2016
at 13:22
Following the trail of Nergal.
The influence of Nergal had the village elders shut down the old library, perhaps to keep anyone from researching and discovering information on the demon. Caswell convinces the elders to reopen the library (located under town hall) and allow him access at his leisure. (Caswell would like to gain some uses in bag of books)

He spends most of his time reading books and studying the runes on the capsules and the capsules themselves. He also researches anything he can find on Nergal, other demons, spells and local lore.

This message was last edited by the GM at 14:09, Tue 23 Aug 2016.

Goran
 player, 34 posts
Tue 23 Aug 2016
at 14:04
Following the trail of Nergal.
After returning from Dunmorrow, Goran takes up residence at the The Grinning Gobi. He takes a long, hot bath and puts on some pajamas, which he does not change out of for several days. During that time, he doesn't wear his armor or carry his shield, but he consistently keeps his prized sword on his belt. Since this is a period of relaxation, he doesn't bother to prop up his long mohawk, and, instead, lets his hair flop lazily to one side or the other.

As he recovers from his concussion, Goran helps himself to more than a fair amount of ale, wine, and spirits. He also keeps himself full with smoked fish (for which he's developed quite the appetite), hearty root vegetables, and plenty of pipeweed. He isn't greedy, and he doesn't demand anything luxurious, but he definitely uses the advantages of his situation to live comfortably.

The only thing missing from Goran's "vacation" is the company of some female dwarves, but, hey, nothing's perfect, especially in Anova. He amuses himself as well as he can in his free time, much of which he spends telling bawdy jokes and gambling on dice games with various fishermen and other patrons of the Gobi. He suggests that the owner hire a bard to liven the place up; "Make sure you get a halfling," he says. "Their tiny fingers make them excellent lute players."

However, in spite of his casual demeanor, Goran remains vigilant. If any survivors should come from Dunmorrow, he'll be ready, and if any of those who worship Nergal remain hiding in Tono, he'll make them wish that they had left with their fellows when they had the chance.
The Dungeon Master
 GM, 36 posts
Tue 23 Aug 2016
at 14:17
Following the trail of Nergal.
Keenan, what is one thing of interest or bit of lore you have learned about the wilderness in this area from the herbalist?

Caswell, what is one bit of arcane, ancient, or demonic knowledge you have learned form your studies in the Tono library?

Goran, what is one rumor or piece of gossip you have heard during your time spent at the Grinning Gobi?
Goran
 player, 35 posts
Tue 23 Aug 2016
at 16:17
Following the trail of Nergal.
Goran hears plenty of rumors during his time at the Gobi. Most of them are amusing, but relatively pointless, revolving around (mostly fictional) tales of marital infidelity, and who makes the biggest jackass of himself when he's had too much to drink. But there's one bit of information that he's heard more than once, one which he finds most interesting: the reason the acolytes of Nergal returned to Dunmorrow Keep, instead of setting up shop elsewhere, is because Dunmorrow is built on top of an ancient delve, one in which the previous cult of Nergal buried some of their most valuable treasures and artifacts before being wiped out nearly a century ago. No one ever found the delve, because it was obscured by dark magic, but now that the acolytes have returned, maybe it is open once again...
Keenan Arrow-Eye
 player, 32 posts
 Xp=3 Hp=11
 R=5 A=4 C=13
Tue 23 Aug 2016
at 17:15
Following the trail of Nergal.
Keenan learns of an ancient burial ground about half a days travel from Tono. A special kind of tree, the bark of which can be used to make a powerful herbal poultice, grows there. The villagers are fearful of this place, because it is said that evil spirits and angry undead haunt the area.

Keenan also learned that he enjoys the company of young human women.

This message was last edited by the GM at 17:54, Tue 23 Aug 2016.

Caswell Blackhart
 player, 28 posts
Tue 23 Aug 2016
at 18:47
Following the trail of Nergal.
Caswell discovers through his long nights of studies that Nergal is actually a lesser demon. He is also refereed to as the 'Servant of Vexnor' who is a high demon and part of the Infernal Royal Court. He is some kind of duke or count or something, Caswell can't quite find the right translation for the rune.

Oh and because of the structure (or lack of) in demon culture 'servant' is an unwilling partnership.

This message was last edited by the GM at 19:08, Tue 23 Aug 2016.

The Dungeon Master
 GM, 37 posts
Wed 24 Aug 2016
at 00:23
Following the trail of Nergal.
The party has regrouped (after several days apart) at the Grinning Gobi. They are all treated as celebrities, hardly able to eat their meals and drink their tankards of mead between shaking hands and accepting gratitude.

As they are being regaled by an elderly man and his own tales of adventures from his youth, the doors burst open. Two villagers hurriedly carry in a youth and place him on an empty table. He looks no older then 16 and his clothes are covered in blood.

Forick the herbalist hurries over and begins to remove tattered clothing to gauge his wounds. He stops in his tracks and steps back "Ea keeps up safe." he says to no one.

The youth's skin has been flayed off to form demonic runs across his body.

What do you do?

This message had punctuation tweaked by the GM at 00:31, Wed 24 Aug 2016.

Keenan Arrow-Eye
 player, 33 posts
 Xp=6 Hp=16
 R=5 A=7 C=13
Wed 24 Aug 2016
at 00:44
Following the trail of Nergal.
Keenan approaches the youth and examines his wounds. "What is this boy's name?" He asks aloud to whom ever may be listening.
"Klude," a short, fat, balding man answers. "His father and I work the same boat."

Keenan leans down and puts a hand on the boys shoulder. "Klude? Can you hear me? How did you obtain these wounds?"
Caswell Blackhart
 player, 29 posts
Wed 24 Aug 2016
at 00:57
Following the trail of Nergal.
Any food or drink Caswell may have partaken in evacuates from him stomach at the sight of the boys wound. After he gathers himself he examines the shape of it and through near wretches he says "I think... I... may have seen this... symbol in the book about demons... I found.
  Caswell spouts lore using bag of books.

20:56, Today: Caswell Blackhart rolled 10 using 2d6+3.

This message was last edited by the player at 00:58, Wed 24 Aug 2016.

Goran
 player, 36 posts
Wed 24 Aug 2016
at 01:24
Following the trail of Nergal.
Goran grips the pommel of his sword and remains vigilant, but, otherwise, he doesn't have much to add to the current situation.
The Dungeon Master
 GM, 38 posts
Wed 24 Aug 2016
at 10:51
Following the trail of Nergal.
Caswell closely studies the runes and confidently translates them as:

Nergal, lord of plague, master of pestilence, gives you his blessing.

As Caswell reads them aloud there are murmurs of panic among the villagers. Many of them gather any belonging they have brought and leave the Gobi. "Danst, Lorn, help him to my hut" Forick the herbalist says to the two men that carried Klude in.

Once Klude is carried out, most of the remaining patrons leave. The Bar maid that had attempted to poison the party steps up and says "Oi me lords. 'at ol nasty fing put a damper on tha evnin. The inn keep says we'v gotta shut down for tha night, else Ea be angry wiv us. Funny how no one speaks o' tha gods unless'in sumfin like this 'appens. Any way, have a pleant evnin me lords."

With that, the party retired to their quarters for the evening.

[Please feel free to post any other interactions or anything else you did during that encounter]

The next morning the party has regrouped at the Grinning Gobi to discuss last nights events. As the bar maid scrubs blood from the table that held Klude (Strange she didn't have that nasty cough last night), Forick the herbalist enters the inn. "I Was hoping you might be here. Master Keenan, Master Goran, Master Caswell!" he says pale faced. "Klude is showing symptoms of plague!"

What do you do?
Goran
 player, 37 posts
Wed 24 Aug 2016
at 11:38
Following the trail of Nergal.
Goran watches the grim display surrounding Klude and then retires to his room for the night, taking a clay jug of wine with him. Before he gets into bed, he sharpens his weapons and polishes his armor; they don't need to be pretty, but they need to be effective. Once they're battle-ready, he helps himself to one more snack of fresh mushrooms and smoked cheese and then goes to sleep.

The next morning, Goran gathers with his two comrades-in-arms for breakfast. He's wearing his full armor once again, with his shield strapped across his back and his sword on his belt. He also has his hair pulled up into his usual mohawk, looking like he's ready for some action. He has a simple plan, but one he promotes passionately: to gather as many men and women as possible and take the fight directly to the acolytes of Nergal, confronting the survivors at Dunmorrow Keep. He even suggests sending word to nearby settlements, asking for assistance, especially from those who can spare clerics and other holy warriors.

However, things change when Forick rushes in and informs the party of Klude's illness. He stands from his seat and devours the rest of his "breakfast ale," slamming the empty steel mug down on the wooden table. "We're gonna have to quarantine the village, and keep everyone here separated from each other. Someone needs to let Rowin Vern and the council of elders know about this right away!"
Keenan Arrow-Eye
 player, 34 posts
 Xp=6 Hp=16
 R=5 A=7 C=13
Wed 24 Aug 2016
at 11:42
Following the trail of Nergal.
After the events at the Gobi, Keenan did not retire to his room. He tells his companions, "I'll be back by morning." Then he leaves the inn and stealthily makes his way back to the cultist's keep. Once there he hides in a tree and stakes out the area to see if he can gain any clues as to what the cult has been doing this past week.

As he swiftly moves trough the forest with the full moon over his head, Keenan reflects on how good it feels to back back in the wild. He's spent too much time in a soft bed, more than enough time around civilization in general...

Keenan Arrow-Eye rolled 14 using 2d6+2 ((6,6)).

What happened here recently?
What here isn't what it appears?
What here is valuable to me?

This message was last edited by the player at 12:41, Wed 24 Aug 2016.

Caswell Blackhart
 player, 30 posts
Wed 24 Aug 2016
at 11:57
Following the trail of Nergal.
   Caswell goes immediately to the library where he has been staying more often than not. He's nearly read every book the small library has to offer and feels doubts there is anything useful in the books that remain. Eventually he falls asleep at a reading desk.
    In the morning at the Gobi he is surprised when the Dwarf is one step ahead of him on every thought that is about to leave his mouth. He thinks to himself "I need to start sleeping better."

08:51, Today: Caswell Blackhart rolled 8 using 2d6+2 ((5,1)).

"Plague makes sense from a demon. Demons are chaotic by nature vs their devil counterparts who are Lawful. While Devils enjoy the torture of one or a few. Demons feed off hysteria, mass woe. The more people effected the better."

This message was last edited by the player at 13:07, Wed 24 Aug 2016.

The Dungeon Master
 GM, 39 posts
Wed 24 Aug 2016
at 21:55
Following the trail of Nergal.
What happened here recently?

Keenan is able to find signs of something large being moved, either into the keep or out away from it.

What here isn't what it appears?

It looks like someone has attempted to make the keep look like there has not been an increase in activity, but Keenan can tell that there has been alot of foot traffic to and from the keep.

What here is valuable to me?

Keenan is able to scout and setup several sniper nests around the keep. [Each one will give you a +1 to volly once, then you must move on]

WHAT DO YOU DO?
Goran
 player, 38 posts
Thu 25 Aug 2016
at 05:17
Following the trail of Nergal.
Goran listens to Caswell's expertise in these matters, curious to learn more; the last demons (and their worshipers) were cast out from Unduzur centuries ago, and Goran has never encountered one personally. None have ever tried to return in the time since, because of how numerous and powerful Unduzur's priests are. They're actually too numerous and powerful, in Goran's opinion, which is one reason he now makes his living on the surface.

This message was last edited by the player at 08:37, Thu 25 Aug 2016.

Keenan Arrow-Eye
 player, 35 posts
 Xp=6 Hp=16
 R=5 A=7 C=13
Thu 25 Aug 2016
at 12:15
Following the trail of Nergal.
After napping in a tree, Keenan swings down to the ground and makes the trek back to Tono. He enters the Grinning Gobi just as Forick the herbalist is informing his ally's about Klude's condition.

"The Nergal cult has been busy," Keenan adds as soon as Forick is finished. "It appears our interference has forced their hand. From what I could glean, my guess is the cult may have moved to a new lair. Forick, can your knowledge cure this plague?"

This message had punctuation tweaked by the player at 12:16, Thu 25 Aug 2016.

The Dungeon Master
 GM, 41 posts
Thu 25 Aug 2016
at 12:29
Following the trail of Nergal.
Forrick's expression does not look promising. "The only poultice I know that may be able to remedy this affliction is made from the bark of the lichwood, but I fear the task is to grave. No one who has ever left seeking the lichwood has ever returned!"

What do you do?
Keenan Arrow-Eye
 player, 36 posts
 Xp=6 Hp=16
 R=5 A=7 C=13
Thu 25 Aug 2016
at 14:03
Following the trail of Nergal.
"I could return to Dunmorrow Keep and try to track the cult to it's new sanctum, but succumbing to plague during the hunt would accomplish little. We may have no choice but to seek out this remedy first."

This message was last edited by the player at 14:05, Thu 25 Aug 2016.

Goran
 player, 39 posts
Thu 25 Aug 2016
at 20:05
Following the trail of Nergal.
"The elf's right, we're gonna need to treat this plague quickly. Where can we find this lichwood, and why is getting some so dangerous?"
The Dungeon Master
 GM, 42 posts
Fri 26 Aug 2016
at 00:37
Following the trail of Nergal.
"The grounds are reportedly stalked by undead and other vile creatures," Forrick replies " but you are right I do not see any other option." He notices the local area map that Caswell found in the keep unrolled on the table. "All my sources tell me the lichwood is located here." he says as he marks it on the map. "Hurry my lords, I fear this plague will spreed faster then we realize."

What do you do?

This message was last edited by the GM at 10:15, Fri 26 Aug 2016.

Caswell Blackhart
 player, 31 posts
Fri 26 Aug 2016
at 01:19
Following the trail of Nergal.
Caswell says "Well, the good new is 9 out of 10 times local reports are extremely exaggerated but in the 10th occasion the report are typically  downplayed.  Chances are it's just a dark, creepy place that locals avoid.

 I'm trying to play Caswell more to his stats with lacking wisdom while trying to keep him reluctant and scared

This message was last edited by the player at 01:20, Fri 26 Aug 2016.

Keenan Arrow-Eye
 player, 37 posts
 Xp=6 Hp=16
 R=5 A=7 C=13
Fri 26 Aug 2016
at 10:52
Following the trail of Nergal.
"Most myths sprout from a seed of truth. I suggest we ready ourselves for a perilous journey ..."

Keenan will quickly eat breakfast, but otherwise he's ready to go
Goran
 player, 40 posts
Fri 26 Aug 2016
at 12:54
Following the trail of Nergal.
Goran's already dressed for adventure, and he heads to his room to recover his traveling gear. When he returns, he (politely) commands Forrick to go to Rowin Vern and the other elders, to let them know of the party's plans and the necessity of enacting a village-wide quarantine.
Caswell Blackhart
 player, 32 posts
Fri 26 Aug 2016
at 13:00
Following the trail of Nergal.
Caswell looks uneasy after Keenan's comment. He stares at his boiled eggs and salted pork but seems uninterested in eating any longer.  You can't tell if he is going to be ill or if he is trying to hide his fear. Maybe a little of both. Caswell abruptly stands up and says, "We better get moving now or I can't guarantee I would be able to propell my feet to move forward."

This message was last edited by the player at 13:14, Fri 26 Aug 2016.

Keenan Arrow-Eye
 player, 38 posts
 Xp=6 Hp=16
 R=5 A=7 C=13
Fri 26 Aug 2016
at 13:49
Following the trail of Nergal.
Keenan places a comforting hand on the wizard's shoulder, "Have heart Caswell. This is a dangerous path you walk, but you do not walk it alone." He then directs his attention to the ceiling. "Zyph, to me!" From his hidden perch in the rafters the hawk obeys his master, swooping down to land on Keenan's shoulder. "We must make haste, time is our greatest foe."

This message was last edited by the player at 10:46, Sat 27 Aug 2016.

The Dungeon Master
 GM, 43 posts
Fri 26 Aug 2016
at 14:07
Following the trail of Nergal.
The party sets out on the perilous journey, heading east towards the lichwood.

[Time for a perilous journey roll. Who will act as trailblazer, who will scout ahead, and who will quartermaster?]

This plague will spread faster then what our heroes realize.

[Tono is now set with 25 HP. Each time you are delayed, I will roll 'damage' to see how the plague has ravaged the village in your absence.]


Once you know who is taking on what role, please make your rolls. [They are all +wis]
Goran
 player, 41 posts
Fri 26 Aug 2016
at 19:49
Following the trail of Nergal.
12:02, Today: Goran rolled 6 using 2d6

Goran is more worried about getting the job done than preparing for a long, drawn-out journey, so the party has to consume a ration on their way to the Lichwood.

Along the way, Goran has a conversation with Caswell. "So, kid, I've been meaning to ask ya... What did you do with those capsules you took from the Keep?"

This message was last edited by the player at 10:50, Sat 27 Aug 2016.

The Dungeon Master
 GM, 44 posts
Sat 27 Aug 2016
at 11:07
Following the trail of Nergal.
Thanks to Keenan's trailblazing, the party is able to make the days journey to the lichwood in just over half a day.

Caswell's scouting got you to the lichwood without running into trouble, but he also did not gather any valuable information to give you any advantage.

Goran was more concerned with getting the party to the lichwood then conserving food, so each member must consume 2 rations

[Since Keenan got the party to the lichwood so quickly, i will only roll a 1d4 to see how the plague as spread in Tono. 06:53, Today: The Dungeon Master rolled 2 using 1d4 ((2))]

As the party nears the lichwood, the surrounding area becomes an overgrown swamp. They are slogging through ankle deep muck and fighting chest high weeds and scrub.

[To move things along I will make a roll for everyone, roll+wis
06:59, Today: The Dungeon Master, on behalf of Keenan Arrow-Eye, rolled 8 using 2d6+2 ((1,5)).
07:00, Today: The Dungeon Master, on behalf of Goran, rolled 4 using 2d6 ((3,1)).
07:00, Today: The Dungeon Master, on behalf of Goran, rolled 4 using 2d6 ((3,1)).]


With little warning, two pink tendrils shoot out of the tall scrub and muck, entangling Goran arms and legs and leaving Keenan and Caswell helpless to prevent it.

WHAT DO YOU DO!?
Goran
 player, 42 posts
Sat 27 Aug 2016
at 11:23
Following the trail of Nergal.
Goran growls in surprise and slashes his sword at the most vulnerable tendril.

06:21, Today: Goran rolled 14 using 2d6+2 ((6,6)).

Goran will risk a counterattack in exchange for dealing extra damage.

06:22, Today: Goran rolled 18 using 1d10+1d6+1d4+1 ((10,5,2)).

Goran deals 18 damage, severing one tendril completely from whatever it's connected to.
Caswell Blackhart
 player, 33 posts
Sat 27 Aug 2016
at 21:33
Following the trail of Nergal.
Caswell was startled by Gorans sudden yell and swings his staff with out much thought.


17:30, Today: Caswell Blackhart rolled 7 using 2d6

Surprised with himself Caswell connects with a trendril

17:32, Today: Caswell Blackhart rolled 3 using 1d4 ((3)).
Keenan Arrow-Eye
 player, 39 posts
 Xp=6 Hp=16
 R=5 A=7 C=13
Sun 28 Aug 2016
at 19:57
Following the trail of Nergal.
Keenan readies an arrow,and pauses to asses this threat while he waits for a better target to present itself...

Keenan rolled 9 on discern realities and asks what here is valuable or useful to me.

This message was last edited by the GM at 00:34, Mon 29 Aug 2016.

The Dungeon Master
 GM, 45 posts
Mon 29 Aug 2016
at 02:11
Following the trail of Nergal.
Goran, surprised my the tendrils begins slashing with his sword and frees his entangled arm, only to have two more sets of tendrils snake out and wrap up both his arms.

Caswell - not quite knowing what else to do - runs to Goran's aid and begins beating on a set of the tendrils with his staff to little effect.

Keenan knocks an arrow and studies his prey closely. He sends out Zyph to quickly survey the area. The way they move, the way they creep up out of the brush and muck. Keenan realizes he has encountered these creatures one other time, one other place.

CREEPERS!!  [Keenan, take +1 forward acting on this knowledge]

It is now clear that 3 creepers have Goran wrapped up in their intestinal tendrils and are now rising up out of the overgrowth and slime.

WHAT DO YOU DO?
Goran
 player, 43 posts
Mon 29 Aug 2016
at 03:11
Following the trail of Nergal.
Goran finds himself more constrained by the second; now that he's less able to rely on his skill and training, he's going to rely on brute force. He jerks and heaves with all of his might, trying to wrestle himself free from the creepers' clutches.

(OOC: Should I make a Hack And Slash roll, or would Bend Bars/Lift Gates be more appropriate?)
The Dungeon Master
 GM, 46 posts
Mon 29 Aug 2016
at 10:30
Following the trail of Nergal.
[Goran, roll defy danger - str]
Goran
 player, 44 posts
Mon 29 Aug 2016
at 10:48
Following the trail of Nergal.
05:48, Today: Goran rolled 11 using 2d6+2 ((6,3)).
Keenan Arrow-Eye
 player, 40 posts
 Xp=6 Hp=16
 R=5 A=7 C=13
Mon 29 Aug 2016
at 13:38
Following the trail of Nergal.
"Creepers!" Keenan shouts to his allies as he fires an arrow into Each of the creepers' disgusting heads!

Keenan rolled a 10 to Blot out the sun, dealing 6 damage to each creeper and expending 2 ammo.

This message was last edited by the player at 18:02, Mon 29 Aug 2016.

Caswell Blackhart
 player, 34 posts
Mon 29 Aug 2016
at 20:04
Following the trail of Nergal.
Caswell chages up a magic missile in a similar fashion as before and let's it fly towards the nearest 6,

A Today: Caswell Blackhart rolled 8 using 2d6+2 ((2,4)).

16:02, Today: Caswell Blackhart rolled 2 using 2d4 ((1,1)).

Caswell draws unwelcome attention
The Dungeon Master
 GM, 47 posts
Mon 29 Aug 2016
at 23:39
Following the trail of Nergal.
Goran strains against the combined strength of three Creeps, their tendrils pulled taunt against his might. Then, like a rope giving out, they snap and spring back like rubber bands. The tendrils spin and writh, spewing gore about.

Once Goran is freed, Keenan lets lose with a barrage of arrow, leaving each Creeper with a series of shafts sticking out of their faces.

Seeing his opening, Caswell gathers his magical energy and lets lose with a magic missile, which speeds for one of the creepers and drops it like a sack of flour.

One of the Creepers zeroes in on Caswell and lumbers forward to attack.

Caswell, what do you do?

Goran and Keenan, what do you do?

Two creepers are still attacking.
Caswell Blackhart
 player, 35 posts
Mon 29 Aug 2016
at 23:56
Following the trail of Nergal.
Caswell is going to run away and try to hide behind Keenan

Caswell defies danger (dex) 20:00, Today: Caswell Blackhart rolled 6 using 2d6+1 ((2,3)).

And marks xp

This message was last edited by the player at 00:02, Tue 30 Aug 2016.

Goran
 player, 45 posts
Tue 30 Aug 2016
at 00:33
Following the trail of Nergal.
Goran steps back into the fray, trying to put himself between Caswell and the nearest creeper. (How this is affected by Caswell's failure to Defy Danger, I'm not certain.) Once he's up close and personal, he drives his shield into the creeper's midsection, trying his best to knock it over or, at least, push it away. (Hack And Slash)

19:28, Today: Goran rolled 5 using 2d6+2 ((2,1)).

Goran misses or otherwise fails to attack effectively, and marks XP (and advances to 4th level once he has some time to rest).
Keenan Arrow-Eye
 player, 41 posts
 Xp=6 Hp=16
 R=5 A=7 C=13
Tue 30 Aug 2016
at 02:22
Following the trail of Nergal.
Keenan attempts to blot out the sun again...

... But rolls a 5 and marks xp.
The Dungeon Master
 GM, 48 posts
Tue 30 Aug 2016
at 02:41
Following the trail of Nergal.
Caswell turns and bolts, attempting to seek cover behind Keenan and his rain of arrows. The Creeper is one step ahead of him however, grabbing him from behind.

Goran charges in an attempt to save his comrade. The creeper lifts Caswell above it's head and heaves him strait into Goran, causing them both to flounder into the muck.

22:35, Today: The Dungeon Master rolled 3 using 1d8.  Caswell impct damage.

22:36, Today: The Dungeon Master rolled 8 using 1d8.  Goran impact damage.


The second Creeper charges for Keenan, who lets loose with a hail of arrows. Several pierce into it's dead flesh with no affect. It barrels into Keenan, sending him skittering across the ground.

22:39, Today: The Dungeon Master rolled 5 using 1d8.  Keenan impact damage.

Their bodies and their egos are bruised. WHAT WILL OUR INTREPID HEROES DO NEXT!?
Caswell Blackhart
 player, 36 posts
Tue 30 Aug 2016
at 02:48
Following the trail of Nergal.
Caswell rights himself and waits for an opening to strike with his staff.
 Caswell defends

23:10, Today: Caswell Blackhart rolled 12 using 2d6+1 ((5,6)).

Halve the attack’s effect or damage
Open up the attacker to an ally giving that ally +1 forward against
the attacker
Deal damage to the attacker equal to your level

This message was last edited by the player at 03:11, Tue 30 Aug 2016.

Goran
 player, 46 posts
Tue 30 Aug 2016
at 03:08
Following the trail of Nergal.
Goran lifts himself back to his feet and keeps himself in front of the creeper (the one who just threw Caswell at him); when it gets close enough, Goran slashes his sword in a forward arc, right across the undead abomination's belly.

Attack Roll: 9
22:04, Today: Goran rolled 9 using 2d6+2 ((3,4)).

Damage Roll: 7
22:04, Today: Goran rolled 7 using 1d10+1d4+1 ((3,3)).
Keenan Arrow-Eye
 player, 42 posts
 Xp=6 Hp=16
 R=5 A=7 C=13
Tue 30 Aug 2016
at 09:40
Following the trail of Nergal.
Keenan rolls across the ground, pops up on one knee, readies and launches a volley of arrows...

... But rolls another 5 and marks Xp.
The Dungeon Master
 GM, 49 posts
Tue 30 Aug 2016
at 10:42
Following the trail of Nergal.
Caswell wipes sludge from his eyes and face, finds his staff and returns to his feet. He takes a defensive posture and stands in defense of where he stands.

Goran lifts himself to his feet, hefts up his sword and shield and makes a quick arcing slash right through the undead abomination's abdomen. The two halves of it's body go spinning in opposite directions. Goran has little time to celebrate, as a fresh set of tendrils wrap around his upper body from a 4th Creeper just joining the fray.

Caswell, seeing his comrad in danger, runs up to the 4th Creeper and wraps him upside it's head with his staff.

Goran takes +1 forward against that creeper.

Keenan rolls with the blow and rights to one knee and lets fly a few arrows at the Creeper that just impacted him. the arrows fly harmlessly over it's shoulders. The Creeper advances on Keenan, bringing it's bone like talons to bare against him . . .

Before the Creeper can slash Keenan, Caswell reaches out with his staff and trips it, causing it to stumble and lessening the damage.

06:37, Today: The Dungeon Master rolled 7 using 1d8.  Creeper talon damage against Keenan. it is reduced to 3 with Caswell's help.

With the Creeper off balance, Caswell takes a baseball bat swing and clubs it in the back of the head.

Caswell deals 2 damage to the creeper by spending his last hold from his defense move.

The creeper falls to the ground like a marionette with it's strings cut.

Currently, one creeper remains. It has Goran entangled in its tendrils.

WHAT DO YOU DO?

This message was last edited by the GM at 10:44, Tue 30 Aug 2016.

Keenan Arrow-Eye
 player, 43 posts
 Xp=8 Hp=16
 R=5 A=7 C=13
Tue 30 Aug 2016
at 11:57
Following the trail of Nergal.
Putting aside his bow for now, Keenan draws his short sword and rushes forward to aid Goran. He begins slashing at the Creeper's tendrils to help free his dwarf ally...

... Rolling a 10 and giving Goran a +1 going forward!
Goran
 player, 47 posts
Tue 30 Aug 2016
at 15:55
Following the trail of Nergal.
Goran is once again trapped by tendrils, but he manages to force his sword arm up into the air. He then brings his blade down swiftly, using a cleaving motion to split the creeper's head right down the middle.

Attack Roll: 9
10:50, Today: Goran rolled 9 using 2d6+4 ((2,3)).
Damage Roll: 11
10:51, Today: Goran rolled 11 using 1d10+1d4+1 ((8,2)).
The Dungeon Master
 GM, 50 posts
Tue 30 Aug 2016
at 16:06
Following the trail of Nergal.
Goran Is once again entangles by a Creeper, struggling with the snake like tendrils that extend from the foul creatures open abdomen.

Keenan abandons his bow and arrow for now, brandishing his short sword he runs to Gorans aid and begins hacking at the tendrils.

With the aid of his comrades, Goran manages to force his sword arm up into the air. He then brings his blade down swiftly, using a cleaving motion to split the creeper's head right down the middle.

Once the tendrils go limp and fall loose, Goran realizes the constrictive power the Creeper was applying. He is short of breath and probably has a few broken ribs.

12:04, Today: The Dungeon Master rolled 6 using 1d8. constriction damage to goran

The last Creeper is dead and no more are seen in the immediate vicinity.

WHAT DO YOU DO?

This message was last edited by the GM at 16:06, Tue 30 Aug 2016.

Goran
 player, 48 posts
Tue 30 Aug 2016
at 16:39
Following the trail of Nergal.
Goran keeps his sword and shield in position as he adopts a defensive posture, ready for any more creepers that might show themselves. He turns his head toward Keenan. "Hey, skinny, what does this lichwood look like, and how much bark do we need?"

Additionally, Goran will Discern Realities.

11:36, Today: Goran rolled 9 using 2d6 ((3,6)).

What should I be on the lookout for?
Caswell Blackhart
 player, 37 posts
Tue 30 Aug 2016
at 17:34
Following the trail of Nergal.
Caswell is going to inspect the creeper.

Caswell discerns realities

13:32, Today: Caswell Blackhart rolled 7 using 2d6 ((6,1)).

What here is useful or valuable to me?
Keenan Arrow-Eye
 player, 44 posts
 Xp=8 Hp=16
 R=5 A=7 C=13
Tue 30 Aug 2016
at 19:06
Following the trail of Nergal.
"The tree we seek is tall and slender, with grey green leaves. The bark is brittle, and has the color of bones bleached in the sun. As for how much is required, I suggest we take as much as we can obtain."
The Dungeon Master
 GM, 51 posts
Tue 30 Aug 2016
at 19:35
Following the trail of Nergal.
Goran Scouts ahead a couple hundred feet, looking for the lichwood and any more danger. He pushes through some dense overgrowth an gnarled trees and spots a tall slender tree with bleached white bark another hundred feet away. He also see something large moving about the scrub right next to it.

Caswell examines the creepers and the surrounding area. They are wearing tattered remains of chain and scale armor and battered shields, broken arrows and other shattered implements of war are strewn about. Could this have been a battle field decades ago when the first cult of Nergal was defeated?

One of the creepers has a curious dagger hanging from it's deteriorated belt. In all this muck and slime it still shines like the day it was forged. Caswell retrieves it from the creeper and is surprised to see it hover about a foot from his hand. When he makes motions with his hand and imagines swinging it, the dagger launches out 4 feet then returns to its neutral hovering position near his extend hand.

When you hand and slash with this dagger, roll+INT instead of +str.

WHAT DO YOU DO?

This message was last edited by the GM at 19:36, Tue 30 Aug 2016.

Goran
 player, 49 posts
Tue 30 Aug 2016
at 19:48
Following the trail of Nergal.
Goran watches the wizard get acquainted with his new weapon and chuckles softly. "Looks like you made a new friend, kid." However, the dwarf's demeanor changes slowly as he notices some movement in the thick scrub surrounding one of the lichwood trees. "Arms up, boys... I don't think we're in the clear just yet." Goran cautiously approaches the lichwood, keeping his weapon ready for anything...

This message was last edited by the player at 20:00, Tue 30 Aug 2016.

Keenan Arrow-Eye
 player, 45 posts
 Xp=8 Hp=16
 R=5 A=7 C=13
Tue 30 Aug 2016
at 22:30
Following the trail of Nergal.
Keenan takes a few minutes to catch his breath, that creeper got in a good hit, then he joins Goran on the edge of the clearing. "Stay here," he says to the dwarf. " I'll sneak around to the flank and find a vantage point. When Zyph returns, you enter the clearing and I'll cover you."

This message was last edited by the player at 22:49, Tue 30 Aug 2016.

Caswell Blackhart
 player, 38 posts
Tue 30 Aug 2016
at 23:10
Following the trail of Nergal.
Caswell flicks his knife around a few more times and fall in close to Goran. Caswell whispers, "What should I do? Going to get help sounds like a good plan for me, right?"
Goran
 player, 50 posts
Tue 30 Aug 2016
at 23:32
Following the trail of Nergal.
"Don't worry, kid... As soon as each of us has an armful of lichwood bark, you can run like hell, and I promise that I'll be right behind ya!"
The Dungeon Master
 GM, 52 posts
Wed 31 Aug 2016
at 00:48
Following the trail of Nergal.
Keenan sneaks into the scrub brush and winds his way down towards the lichwood, attempting to circle around and find a vantage point...

20:40, Today: The Dungeon Master, on behalf of Keenan Arrow-Eye, rolled 6 using 2d6+2.  defy danger dex - sneak around and find a vantage point.

... he creeps around a tangled mass of gnarly overgrown trees and comes face to rotted warped face with a corpse brute. The monstrosity stares blankly at Keenan, then slams its giant meaty fists into the muck, splashing mud up into the air then bellows a foul roar!

KEENAN WHAT DO YOU DO!?

Goran and Caswell, You are waiting for Keenan's signal to advance towards the lichwood when you hear the roar of some angry beast. WHAT DO YOU DO?

This message was last edited by the GM at 00:49, Wed 31 Aug 2016.

Keenan Arrow-Eye
 player, 46 posts
 Xp=8 Hp=16
 R=5 A=7 C=13
Wed 31 Aug 2016
at 09:27
Following the trail of Nergal.
Keenan quickly dashes to the largest tree and begins to climb as high as he can. Zyph begins to circle the area, hopefully giving Keenan's companions an idea of where to go.
Goran
 player, 51 posts
Wed 31 Aug 2016
at 11:59
Following the trail of Nergal.
Goran eagerly rushes toward the vicious, bloodthirsty roar down in the swamp; he's not exactly sure where Keenan is, but that won't stop him from trying to help. He pushes Caswell to keep up with him, not wanting the human to get left behind.
The Dungeon Master
 GM, 53 posts
Wed 31 Aug 2016
at 12:44
Following the trail of Nergal.
Keenan quickly spots the closest, biggest tree he can and makes a mad dash for it. . .

08:39, Today: The Dungeon Master, on behalf of Keenan Arrow-Eye, rolled 11 using 2d6+2.  defy danger dex - outrun corpse brute and climb a tree.

. . . He reaches it and springs up into the branches with the grace of a cat. The corpse brute slams into the tree, causing it to shake and rock back and forth but Keenan manages to hold on.

Goran and Caswell rush towards the roar, aided in their search as they spot Zyph in the air.

They enter into the swampy clearing to see the corpse brute pounding on the tree with Keenan up in it's branches.

WHAT DO YOU DO!?
Caswell Blackhart
 player, 39 posts
Wed 31 Aug 2016
at 16:59
Following the trail of Nergal.
Caswell hastily cast a magic missile at the monstrosity.

 12:56, Today: Caswell Blackhart rolled 14 using 2d6+2 ((6,6)).

12:57, Today: Caswell Blackhart rolled 7 using 2d4 ((4,3)).

To bad there isn't critical hits in this.
Keenan Arrow-Eye
 player, 47 posts
 Xp=8 Hp=16
 R=5 A=7 C=13
Wed 31 Aug 2016
at 17:30
Following the trail of Nergal.
Keenan holds on tight while the brute crash into the tree. As soon as it's attention is directed elsewhere, Keenan hangs upside down from a branch, and begins to volley arrows at the corpse brute.

Keenan rolls a 10, dealing 8 points of damage!

This message was last edited by the player at 17:40, Wed 31 Aug 2016.

Goran
 player, 52 posts
Wed 31 Aug 2016
at 18:25
Following the trail of Nergal.
Goran's compatriots unleash on the corpse brute with a barrage of arrows and arcane energy. As they make their respective volleys, the dwarf rushes in and barrels into undead creature's lower body, shield-first (Hack And Slash).

Attack Roll: 14
13:22, Today: Goran rolled 14 using 2d6+2 ((6,6)).

Goran will deal normal damage and avoid the corpsebrute's attack.

Damage Roll: 7
13:23, Today: Goran rolled 7 using 1d10+1d4+1 ((4,2)).
The Dungeon Master
 GM, 54 posts
Wed 31 Aug 2016
at 18:42
Following the trail of Nergal.
Seeing Keenan in danger, Goran and Caswell spring into action. Goran begins a wrecking ball charge strait for the corpse brute while Caswell gestures with his hands, forms a particularly potent magic missile and hurls it at the brute. It impacts into it's back, blowing out a large chunk of rotten flesh. Angered, the beast turns and looks for its attacker. Keenan uses the opportunity to hang upside down from a tree branch and launch a volley of arrows into it's back. The beast rears up just in time for Goran to connect with a devastating shield bash that sends the monster tumbling  head over heals, coming to rest in the mud in a heap.

WHAT DO YOU DO!?
Goran
 player, 53 posts
Wed 31 Aug 2016
at 18:49
Following the trail of Nergal.
Goran follow the corpse brute deeper into the muck and hops up onto the creature's chest. Then he raises his sword, aiming downward, and brings it down in a powerful stabbing motion.

Attack Roll: 9
13:46, Today: Goran rolled 9 using 2d6+2 ((5,2)).
Damage Roll: 7
13:47, Today: Goran rolled 7 using 1d10+1d4+1 ((2,4)).
The Dungeon Master
 GM, 55 posts
Wed 31 Aug 2016
at 22:51
Following the trail of Nergal.
The brute roars with a primal bellow and swings his oversized arm, bating Goran of his chest. The dwarf flies through the air, strikes a tree and lands to the ground with a thud.

18:48, Today: The Dungeon Master rolled 8 using 1d10.  Damage to Goran.


The corpse brute attempts to get up, struggles and then falls back to the ground once again dead.

WHAT DO YOU DO?

This message was last edited by the GM at 22:51, Wed 31 Aug 2016.

Keenan Arrow-Eye
 player, 48 posts
 Xp=8 Hp=16
 R=5 A=7 C=13
Thu 1 Sep 2016
at 00:18
Following the trail of Nergal.
Keenan rights himself on his tree branch, the he begins to scan the area for any other threats...

08:43, Today: The Dungeon Master, on behalf of Keenan Arrow-Eye, rolled 8 using 2d6+2.  Discern Realities - Scanning for threats.

GM will assume you ask "What should I be on the lookout for?"

This message was last edited by the GM at 12:44, Thu 01 Sept 2016.

Caswell Blackhart
 player, 40 posts
Thu 1 Sep 2016
at 12:34
Following the trail of Nergal.
Caswell sighs heavily. "Can we find this plant so we can get out of here?"
Goran
 player, 54 posts
Thu 1 Sep 2016
at 15:10
Following the trail of Nergal.
Goran pulls a large knife from his traveling gear and heads for the nearest white lichwood tree, ready to collect its bark. "Watch my back, kid."
The Dungeon Master
 GM, 56 posts
Thu 1 Sep 2016
at 15:27
Following the trail of Nergal.
Keenan surveys the area from his vantage point in the tree and can easily see a group of creepers heading in the direction of Goran and Caswell, no doubt drawn by the noise of the battle with the Corpse Brute.

KEENAN, WHAT DO YOU DO!?

Goran rushes for the lichwood to try to gather the precious bark, but will he retrieve it before the Creeper descend on him!?

11:58, Today: The Dungeon Master, on behalf of Goran, rolled 5 using 2d6.  defy danger dex - gather that bark!

Caswell stays a safe distance behind Goran to "watch his back", but is unaware of the oncoming danger.

Caswell discern realities

This message was last edited by the GM at 01:39, Fri 02 Sept 2016.

Caswell Blackhart
 player, 41 posts
Thu 1 Sep 2016
at 15:56
Following the trail of Nergal.
11:56, Today: Caswell Blackhart rolled 10 using 2d6 ((6,4)).

What is about to happen?
What here is useful or valuable to me?
What here is not what it appears to be?

This message was last edited by the player at 22:14, Thu 01 Sept 2016.

The Dungeon Master
 GM, 57 posts
Fri 2 Sep 2016
at 10:59
Following the trail of Nergal.
Goran rushes to the tree and begins slicing large chunks of bark off from it's trunk.

Caswell stands watch and notices

     *That Goran is about to get ambushed by a group of Creepers.

     *A couple of yards to your left there is a deep patch of mucky swamp that would act like   "quick sand"

     *There is a group of Creepers descending on your location

Goran is busy retrieving lichwood bark. Caswell and Keenan what do you do?
Caswell Blackhart
 player, 42 posts
Fri 2 Sep 2016
at 11:53
Following the trail of Nergal.
Caswell with out any thought starts jumping up and down, yelling and waving his hand trying to get the attention of as many creepers as possible.  Then he skirts around the area and tries to position the quicksand between himself and the creepers.

Defy danger Int.


07:52, Today: Caswell Blackhart rolled 11 using 2d6+2 ((3,6)).
Keenan Arrow-Eye
 player, 49 posts
 Xp=8 Hp=16
 R=5 A=7 C=13
Fri 2 Sep 2016
at 14:43
Following the trail of Nergal.
"So, the wizard has finally found some mettle," Keenan mutters to himself. He readies his bow and waits to take a shot at any Creeper that gets close to Goran.
Goran
 player, 55 posts
Fri 2 Sep 2016
at 14:55
Following the trail of Nergal.
Goran just keeps gathering bark, scraping it off into long tattered shreds and shoving loose, messy handfuls into his belt pouches.
The Dungeon Master
 GM, 58 posts
Fri 2 Sep 2016
at 16:27
Following the trail of Nergal.
Goran is busy at work gathering bark and does not notice the incoming danger. With no warning a creeper tendril lashes out, wraps around his neck and literaly begins choking the life out of him.

2:19, Today: The Dungeon Master rolled 5 using 1d8.  choking damage to goran.

As Goran's vision begins to blur, he can barely make out the arrow that sails from Keenan's perch in his tree and pierces through the side of the Creepers head. It's tendril loosens and Goran pulls it free gasping for air.

Caswell positions himself in front of the muck pit and begins jumping up and down hollering. The Creepers are interested in his display and make haste in his direction. One by one they march into the pit and are soon up to their waists in swamp muck and sinking deeper.

What do you do?

This message was last edited by the GM at 16:28, Fri 02 Sept 2016.

Goran
 player, 56 posts
Fri 2 Sep 2016
at 20:18
Following the trail of Nergal.
Goran clutches his throat and takes in a few deep, heavy gasps. Once he's caught his breath, he hops back to his feet and takes an appraisal of the party's overall situation. He holds up his knife, ready to defend himself, when he sees that the wizard has cleverly taken advantage of their terrain. Confident that the kid and the elf have his back, Goran returns to scraping bark; he wants to take as much as possible back to Tono.
Keenan Arrow-Eye
 player, 50 posts
 Xp=8 Hp=16
 R=5 A=7 C=13
Fri 2 Sep 2016
at 20:38
Following the trail of Nergal.
Seeing that the area appears to be secure, Keenan swings down to the ground. He hurries to the lichwood and assists Goran.
The Dungeon Master
 GM, 59 posts
Sat 3 Sep 2016
at 14:44
Following the trail of Nergal.
The adventuring party fills every bag, pocket and pouch available with lichwood bark. Soon the sun is low in the sky, so the group retreats with much haste. Once they are a safe distance from the swamp and and wondering Creepers, they settle in and make camp.

Tono is presently at 23 Hit points. The party rolled many fails, so I will be rolling a 1d10 for plague damage against the town.

10:39, Today: The Dungeon Master rolled 6 using 1d10.  Plague damage to Tono.

Tono is at 17 HP.

Do the following:
     1) Consume a ration.
     2) Tell me what you do to settle in and any preparations you make for the night and journey  ahead.
     3) What is the watch order.
     4) Roll+wis for your turn at watch.

This message was last edited by the GM at 17:54, Sat 03 Sept 2016.

Caswell Blackhart
 player, 43 posts
Sat 3 Sep 2016
at 22:40
Following the trail of Nergal.
Caswell unrolls a bedroll maybe a little to close to Goran. He takes his boots and socks off and eats his ration cross legged on his bedding. Afterward he pulls out a small candle and lights it. While sprinkling a purplish power over the flame he casts contact spirit. "Spirit, sorry to disturb you this evening but can't you tell me of a quick and safe passage back to Tono. We are in a bit of a hurry."

20:06, Today: Caswell Blackhart rolled 9 using 2d6+2.

He losses the spell after it is cast.

Caswell says, "Some people view the destructive nature of the arcane arts as terrifying but that spell gives me goose flesh every time I cast it."

In the morning Caswell studies his spellbook and memorizes Magic Missile, Invisiblity, and Cure Light Wounds

This message was last edited by the player at 00:15, Sun 04 Sept 2016.

Keenan Arrow-Eye
 player, 51 posts
 Xp=8 Hp=16
 R=5 A=7 C=13
Sun 4 Sep 2016
at 00:06
Following the trail of Nergal.
Keenan finds a secluded place where he can reflect on all he has learned over that last few days. (He levels up to lvl 3)

Keenan rolled a 6 for his watch.

This message was last edited by the player at 09:18, Sun 04 Sept 2016.

Goran
 player, 57 posts
Sun 4 Sep 2016
at 02:39
Following the trail of Nergal.
Goran gets a fire going and sets up his bedroll. Next, he takes off his armor and puts it somewhere safe; he's not going to sleep just yet, but he's ready to get more comfortable after wearing the bulky metal scale all day. Then he consumes a ration, filling his stomach with hardtack and dried plums; he washes them down with a few sips from his clay flask, which he offers to share with each of his comrades.

After his supper, Goran takes a seat on his bedroll and sharpens his sword with a whetstone, while keeping one eye out for potential trouble. He keeps on his task even as he casually watches Caswell cast his spell and conjure a spirit; as has been mentioned before, Goran is not afraid of or superstitious about wizardry, and his lack of exposure to arcane magic makes him quite curious about the subject.

After Caswell has finished conversing with his summoned spirit, Goran engages him in some conversation, still sharpening his blade. "Say, kid, I've been meaning to ask ya... Whatever happened to those capsules you took from Dunmorrow? The ones that made them into those monsters?"

Goran takes first watch.
19:00, Today: Goran rolled 8 using 2d6.  Goran takes his shift on watch.

As he sits by the fire, Goran reflects on what he's learned since the party arrived at Tono. (He levels up to Level 4).

Before going to bed, Goran assures that his share of the collected lichwood bark is secure in his knapsack. In the morning, he dons his armor, draws his sword, and secures his shield, ready to take the lead on the journey back to Tono.
The Dungeon Master
 GM, 60 posts
Sun 4 Sep 2016
at 15:41
Following the trail of Nergal.
In response to Caswell's summoned spirit:

The Campfire dims and the single candle grows and glows a bright purple. Caswell feels the prescence of the spirit but it takes no material form. When it speaks, it's voice sounds like an echoeing in the wind.

  "What you ask for I can not provide. Quick routes are preyed upon by countless predators because of their nature, and safe routes are safe because they take long paths to circumvent danger." The map of the area unrolls in front of Caswell and two paths begins to glow " The first path is quick but wrought with danger. The second path is safe but will delay your journey. Choose that which suites you best."  With that the spirit dissipates. The camp fire returns to it's normal brightness and the candle returns to normal.

When you roll for a perilous journey back to Tono, you may choose to take +1 to trailblazing, but a -1 to scouting, or a +1 to scouting but a -1 to trailblazing.

For those of you leveling up, please tell me what new moves you are taking.

Since you all succeeded you watch rolls, nothing got the jump on you over night to delay your start. I will roll 1d4 for plague damage to Tono

11:38, Today: The Dungeon Master rolled 2 using 1d4.  Plague damage to Tono. Tono is at 15 HP.


In the morning the party packs up and begins their journy back to Tono. What rout will they take? The quick but dangerous? or the safe yet slow? or will they ignore the spirits advice and blaze their own trail?

Please decide who is performing what role and make your perilous journey rolls.

This message was last edited by the GM at 15:43, Sun 04 Sept 2016.

Goran
 player, 58 posts
Mon 5 Sep 2016
at 20:33
Following the trail of Nergal.
Before the party leaves camp, they decide that time is of the essence, and choose the quicker route back to Tono. Goran takes all of the lichwood bark he has and gives it to Keenan. "You're the fastest... If you have to run ahead, or even if you have to run without us, make sure Tono still gets what they need."

Goran takes on the job of Scout. As the party makes their way back to Tono, he keeps his eyes peeled for trouble.

15:19, Today: Goran rolled 12 using 2d6+1 ((6,5)).
Caswell Blackhart
 player, 44 posts
Mon 5 Sep 2016
at 20:47
Following the trail of Nergal.
Caswell makes a check list and inventories all of the gear and consumables before setting out from camp.

16:43, Today: Caswell Blackhart rolled 6 using 2d6 ((3,3)).

Even with all of his preparations an unexpected snake ensurers the loss of some extra rations.
Keenan Arrow-Eye
 player, 52 posts
 Xp=8 Hp=16
 R=5 A=7 C=13
Mon 5 Sep 2016
at 21:34
Following the trail of Nergal.
Keenan wakes, gather's his things and then blazes the trail.
The Dungeon Master
 GM, 61 posts
Mon 5 Sep 2016
at 21:34
Following the trail of Nergal.
Everyone restore 1/2 your hit point.

Everyone consume 2 rations.


The party sets out at daybreak and decidies to take the quick route as described by the spirit.

The group is making great time, when Goran (acting as scout) comes across a troubling sight. From a hidden vantage point, he sees a group of bandits raiding a family caravan that was travelling along the route. Two men and tied back to back against a tree stump, struggling against their bindings. 3 bandits are activly ransacking the two family wagons, while 2 bandits are 'harassing' 3 women whose hands are bound behidn their backs.

What will you do? will you help these travellers and possibly lose lives in Tono? Or continue on to Tono and sacrifice these poor souls for the greater good?
Goran
 player, 59 posts
Tue 6 Sep 2016
at 06:00
Following the trail of Nergal.
Goran watches the scene play out for just a moment and it makes his squeeze the pommel of his sword angrily. While the party is certainly pressed for time, Goran can't let this sort of thing go. He alerts his comrades and gives them a short appraisal of the situation. Then he suggests that they do what they did back at the Keep Of Dunmorrow: Caswell should make him invisible, so he can creep up on the bandits while the wizard and the elf stay back, ready to back him up with magic missiles and almost-as-magic arrows.

ANOTHER OPTION: Goran can attempt to Parley with the bandits and get them to stand down without violence; in this situation, Keenan and Caswell would also hang back, stay out of sight, give Goran ranged support, and maybe even use a little bit of trickery to make it seem like Goran has more than two men backing him up.
Keenan Arrow-Eye
 player, 53 posts
 Xp=8 Hp=16
 R=5 A=7 C=13
Tue 6 Sep 2016
at 16:03
Following the trail of Nergal.
"This is not our concern, and will only slow us down." Keenan readies his bow and prepares to find a sniper spot. "I assume my complaints fall upon deaf ears. My bow is yours." The ranger dissapears into the wilderness.
Caswell Blackhart
 player, 45 posts
Tue 6 Sep 2016
at 18:09
Following the trail of Nergal.
"5 people here or 5 people either way 5 innocence die. I am not brave enough to to continue on my own and your both my bravery in battle. " as Caswell was saying that Keenan disappears into the brush. "Well that settles that" Caswell cast Invisiblity on Goran.

14:07, Today: Caswell Blackhart rolled 6 using 2d6+2 ((1,3)).

Which fails.
The Dungeon Master
 GM, 62 posts
Wed 7 Sep 2016
at 00:28
Following the trail of Nergal.
Keenan takes up his place in a sniper perch and waits for his time to act.

Caswell does some magic gesturing and mutters on incantations, touches Goran and he turns invisible. Then, losing control over the magical energies Caswell is enveloped with swirling power that then releases in a brilliant flash of light and sound.

The bandits below stop what they are doing and look for the source of the light.

"Go check it out." one of the bandits says to the group. "You stay here." he says, pointing to one of the men terrorizing the women. The remaining 3 bandits draw swords and head strait for Caswell.

Caswell, you lose the spell, take -1 ongoing for the time being and have drawn dangerous attention to yourself.

What do you do?

This message was last edited by the GM at 00:30, Wed 07 Sept 2016.

Goran
 player, 61 posts
Wed 7 Sep 2016
at 01:06
Following the trail of Nergal.
Goran, invisible for the time being, is gonna stick close to Caswell and wait for the first bandit to get too close. Then he's gonna make his appearance known with a vicious thrust of his razor-sharp blade. (Hack And Slash)

Attack Roll: 10
20:04, Today: Goran rolled 10 using 2d6+2 ((2,6)).

Goran will deal normal damage and avoid the bandit's attack (since he's invisible up until this point).

Damage Roll: 3
20:05, Today: Goran rolled 3 using 1d10+1d4+1 ((1,1)). (Motherfucker.)
Caswell Blackhart
 player, 46 posts
Wed 7 Sep 2016
at 14:19
Following the trail of Nergal.
Caswell waits to hack and slash when the bandits get closer with his flying poker.
Keenan Arrow-Eye
 player, 54 posts
 Xp=8 Hp=16
 R=5 A=7 C=13
Wed 7 Sep 2016
at 15:07
Following the trail of Nergal.
As the three bandits approach Caswell, an arrow sails from the forests canopy and grazes the farthest bandit on the side of his head. He's not badly hurt, but he is momentarily stunned...
The Dungeon Master
 GM, 63 posts
Wed 7 Sep 2016
at 16:09
Following the trail of Nergal.
The Bandits approach the location of the light and sound and see Caswell.

"Oi! Look at this wanker!" the first one says.

"Just some mangy wizard." the second one replies.

"Ya, but wizards often carry treasures worth a lot o' coin!" the third one adds.

"True True," the first one admits. "Oi, mangy wizard, im goin' come over there and shake you down. You better not try anything else my mates here will put a blade fru'ya."

The first bandit approaches Caswell, comes within arms reach and then Goran strikes. As the Dwarf returns to normal opacity, the injured bandit drops to one knee. "Oi!" he yells, "it's a' ambush, let'em 'av it boys!"

An arrow sails out of the woods and grazes the third and rear most bandit in the head, stunning him momentarily.

"There's one in those woods o'r there too!" the second bandit shrieks.

Caswell flicks his wrist and his dagger flings out at the injured bandit kneeling infront of him.

12:05, Today: The Dungeon Master, on behalf of Caswell Blackhart, rolled 1 using 1d4.  damage with mind dagger.
12:05, Today: The Dungeon Master, on behalf of Caswell Blackhart, rolled 8 using 2d6+2.  attack with the mind dagger.


The dagger strikes the thief, but seems ineffective against his armor. "Bloody little git!" he yells as he gets to his feet and back hands Caswell across the head.

12:07, Today The Dungeon Master rolled 3 using 1d6.  bandit backhand damage to Caswell.

The second bandit charges Goran with his short sword and attacks!

Goran, what do you do in response?

Caswell, that had to hurt, what do you do now?

Keenan, your sniper perch is revealed, what do you do?

This message was last edited by the GM at 16:10, Wed 07 Sept 2016.

Keenan Arrow-Eye
 player, 55 posts
 Xp=8 Hp=16
 R=5 A=7 C=13
Wed 7 Sep 2016
at 16:43
Following the trail of Nergal.
As the dazed bandit contemplates the blood oozing from his head, another arrows drops in and plants itself right between his shoulder blades.

Keenan uses called shot to deal 7 points of damage to the third bandit...
Goran
 player, 62 posts
Thu 8 Sep 2016
at 01:24
Following the trail of Nergal.
Goran wants to help his wizard chum, but he can't with the second bandit breathing down his neck. So he instead turns toward his latest opponent and makes a Hack And Slash attack.

20:23, Today: Goran rolled 9 using 1d10+1d4+1 ((7,1)).

Goran keeps things simple with a nice forward thrust of his sword, right into the bandit's midsection.
Caswell Blackhart
 player, 47 posts
Thu 8 Sep 2016
at 01:28
Following the trail of Nergal.
Caswell takes up a defensive posture on the ground he stands. Lashing out at any one of he bandits that move close to him with the flying sticker.

21:26, Today: Caswell Blackhart rolled 10 using 2d6+1 ((5,4)).

Halve the attack’s effect or damage
Open up the attacker to an ally giving that ally +1 forward against
the attacker
Deal damage to the attacker equal to your level
The Dungeon Master
 GM, 64 posts
Thu 8 Sep 2016
at 02:01
Following the trail of Nergal.
The third bandit looks around in a daze, feels the blood on the side of his head and looks at his hand. Then an arrow bursts threw his chest, causing him to fall to his knees then flat onto his chest.

The second bandit charges Goran, attacks and connects . . .

21:53, Today: The Dungeon Master rolled 6 using 1d6.  Damage to Goran.

. . . Goran follows up with a counter attack and sticks his sword strait through the bandits gut.

The first (and injured) bandit hacks at Caswell with his short sword, but Caswell quickly sends his dagger flying and it plants itself into the brigands forehead, causing his to fall to the ground in a crumpled heap.

The sound of women screaming can be heard near by. When the party investigates, they see the remaining two bandits using the captives as human shields.

"Hey!" yells the leader "This is what happens when you stick your nose where it don't belong! people get hurt! now we are going to take the nice young ladies with use and we are going to leave! and you aren't going to do anything to stop use because you don't want to see their pretty little faces get slashed now do you!?"

What do you do?!
Goran
 player, 63 posts
Thu 8 Sep 2016
at 02:35
Following the trail of Nergal.
Goran keeps his shield up, but lowers his sword a bit and steps forward. "I don't think you boys appreciate the gravity of your situation... I just put down three of your buddies in the time it takes to pour an ale. Plus, I got four archers hidden in these trees, and every single one of 'em is a dead-eyed swamp elf. If that ain't enough, my wizard pal and his demons can make sure that you suffer long and hard before they kill you. So, the way I see it, the only chance you've got is to start running, and worrying about hostages is only gonna slow you down."

21:34, Today: Goran rolled 9 using 2d6+1 ((4,4)).

This message was last edited by the player at 04:12, Thu 08 Sept 2016.

The Dungeon Master
 GM, 65 posts
Thu 8 Sep 2016
at 12:30
Following the trail of Nergal.
The leader contemplates for a moment. "Your half right," he finally says "I only have to worry about one hostage. Bort!" he says motioning towards the other bandit "You keep that blade of your's on that pretty little girl's neck!" He then backs up with his hostage to one of the lashed horse, cuts it free with his sword, mounts up and pulls the woman onto the steed with him. "Alright!' he says once he has steadied the horse. "You are going to let me and my man there leave with this pretty thing and no one else has to get hurt! You keep the rest of this sorry lot!" he embraces the woman sitting on the horse with him "I look forward to having a warm bed tonight!"

IS THERE ANYTHING ANYONE WANTS TO DO DURING THAT EXCHANGE? The bandit leader is trying to escape while his lacky holds a short sword to another hostages neck.

This message was last edited by the GM at 14:35, Thu 08 Sept 2016.

The Dungeon Master
 GM, 66 posts
Thu 8 Sep 2016
at 17:10
Following the trail of Nergal.
Keenan decides to end this situation on his own. He skillfully knocks two arrows and fires them in an attempt to hit both bandits . . .

11:31, Today: Keenan Arrow-Eye rolled 6 using 2d6+2.  Blot out the sun.

I am going to use a mechanic I read about online when something like this happens. You have to beat the odds. If i roll an odd number on the die, something bad happens. If i roll an even then you avoid the bad stuff.

13:04, Today: The Dungeon Master rolled 2 using 1d6.  Beat the odds! Does the arrow hit the woman on the ground?

13:05, Today: The Dungeon Master rolled 1 using 1d6.  Beat the odds! Does the arrow hit the woman on the horse?


The first arrow sails just past the bandits head. He flinches and looks stunned.

The second arrow plants its self right in the captive woman's chest. She goes limp and falls to the ground.

WHAT DO YOU DO!
Caswell Blackhart
 player, 48 posts
Thu 8 Sep 2016
at 23:03
Following the trail of Nergal.
Caswell cast magic missile on the horses bandit before he gets away.

19:02, Today: Caswell Blackhart rolled 5 using 2d6+1((1,3)).
Keenan Arrow-Eye
 player, 56 posts
 Xp=8 Hp=16
 R=5 A=7 C=13
Fri 9 Sep 2016
at 10:57
Following the trail of Nergal.
Keenan jumps from his tree and launches a volley at the bandit leader.

Keenan rolled a 7, dealing 3 damage but putting himself in danger...
Goran
 player, 64 posts
Fri 9 Sep 2016
at 11:20
Following the trail of Nergal.
Goran's expression turns into a cold, vicious snarl as he slowly raises his sword and stomps toward the remaining bandit, the one called Bort. "Yer big brother's left ya all alone, swine-sack... Let the girl go, and I won't kill you where you stand." (Parley)

06:12, Today: Goran rolled 10 using 2d6+1 ((5,4)).
The Dungeon Master
 GM, 67 posts
Fri 9 Sep 2016
at 12:36
Following the trail of Nergal.
The look on the bandit leaders face is that of pure shock. He begins to circle his horse around to flee just as Caswell's magic missile zips past his head.

Caswell loses the spell and is in danger.

Keenan leaps from the tree, hits the ground with a somersault and launches an arrow, which plants itself into the bandit leader's shoulder. Keenan's act of acrobatics has left him standing next to Caswell.

Enraged, the bandit leader turns his horse and charges strait for Caswell and Keenan in an attempt to run them down.

Caswell and Keenan, What do you do?

Goran stomps towards the remaining bandit and makes his offer. "Yer big brother's left ya all alone, swine-sack... Let the girl go, and I won't kill you where you stand."

The bandit, without hesitation releases the girl drops his sword and puts his hands in the air.

Goran, what do you do?
Keenan Arrow-Eye
 player, 57 posts
 Xp=8 Hp=16
 R=5 A=7 C=13
Fri 9 Sep 2016
at 13:39
Following the trail of Nergal.
Keenan defies danger by quickly diving out of the way.

Keenan rolls a 12 to defy danger.

Keenan rolls to a kneeling position and makes another Volley against the bandit leader.

Keenan rolls an 8, dealing 3 damage, but he expends 1 ammo

This message was last edited by the player at 13:49, Fri 09 Sept 2016.

Goran
 player, 65 posts
Fri 9 Sep 2016
at 14:11
Following the trail of Nergal.
Goran rumbles over toward Bort, chasing him off with his sword while he pulls the hostage to safety.
Caswell Blackhart
 player, 49 posts
Sat 10 Sep 2016
at 02:10
Following the trail of Nergal.
Caswell defies danger dex

22:10, Today: Caswell Blackhart rolled 8 using 2d6+1 ((2,5)).
The Dungeon Master
 GM, 68 posts
Mon 12 Sep 2016
at 15:20
Following the trail of Nergal.
Bort runs off with no challenge and disappears into the overgrowth.

What do you do now Goran?

The Bandit leader tries to run down Keenan and Caswell. Keenan rolls out of the way no problem, but Caswell flinches and drops one of his items, which is trampled and destroyed.

Caswell, What did you drop? What do you do?

Keenan rolls to one knee and fires another arrow, which plants itself into the leaders back shoulder.

With the last arrow, the leader does not turn back. He keeps riding on to escape.

What do you do Keenan?

This message was last edited by the GM at 15:57, Mon 12 Sept 2016.

Keenan Arrow-Eye
 player, 58 posts
 Xp=8 Hp=16
 R=5 A=7 C=13
Mon 12 Sep 2016
at 15:44
Following the trail of Nergal.
Keenan curses to himself in elvish, then turns and approaches the girl he accidentally shot.
"Wizard, can you do anything for her?" He asks.
Goran
 player, 66 posts
Mon 12 Sep 2016
at 16:02
Following the trail of Nergal.
Goran lets the elf and the wizard tend to the wounded while he checks on the other former hostages. He keeps his sword and shield at the ready, for two reasons: in case there's any more trouble lurking nearby, and to seem more "in charge" to the frightened travelers.
The Dungeon Master
 GM, 69 posts
Mon 12 Sep 2016
at 19:26
Following the trail of Nergal.
When the hostages are free, one of the men rushes over to the woman struck by the arrow. "Korra! Korra!" he screams as he cradles her in his arms. "She is still breathing!" he says at last. He looks to our heroes. "Please there must be something you can do!?"

What do you do?

This message was last edited by the GM at 19:50, Mon 12 Sept 2016.

Caswell Blackhart
 player, 50 posts
Tue 13 Sep 2016
at 02:16
Following the trail of Nergal.
Caswell loses and antitoxin. Caswell cast cure light wounds on the wounded woman.

22:14, Today: Caswell Blackhart rolled 13 using 2d6+2 ((5,6)).

22:15, Today: Caswell Blackhart rolled 4 using 1d8 ((4)).
Goran
 player, 67 posts
Tue 13 Sep 2016
at 02:55
Following the trail of Nergal.
Goran watches his wizard friend work, slightly astonished; he had no idea that mages could duplicate the curative magic of clerics. Until now, he thought that was the only value priests had, and now that he's seen an arcanist heal wounds, it makes him question whether societies need priests at all, and whether dwarves suspicion of arcane spellcasting is unfounded.
Keenan Arrow-Eye
 player, 59 posts
 Xp=8 Hp=16
 R=5 A=7 C=13
Tue 13 Sep 2016
at 11:13
Following the trail of Nergal.
Keenan loots the bandits' corpses. He seems uninterested in any further contact with the travelers the group just rescued.

This message was last edited by the player at 11:23, Tue 13 Sept 2016.

The Dungeon Master
 GM, 70 posts
Tue 13 Sep 2016
at 12:47
Following the trail of Nergal.
Korra's breathing is labored and slowing and the man shows a look of panic. "Please there must be something you can do to save her!" he pleads.

Caswell hurries over and investigates the situation, while Goran looks on. He rubs his hands together and a magical glow forms around them. Hey lays his hands onto the dying woman and the energy passes from his hands and into her body.

At first nothing happens. Then the arrow slowly backs itself out and falls to the ground. Korra's eyes open and she begins coughing and sputtering as she catches her breath. Caswell observes the wound to see it has scabbed over and started to heal. She will make a complete recovery.

Keenan seems uninterested in the travelers and begins going through the dead bandits pockets. He finds several pieces of jewelry, coins and gems all of which had been pilfered maybe even from these people.

Keenan, what will you do with the valuables you found?

Caswell, you recognize these people as 'Felorians' a band of nomadic gypsies.

The band of Felorians graciously thank the team of adventurers. They do not seem to hold any grudge against Keenan. They offer the following as rewards for your deeds.

---------------------
Explosive arrows (3) - These arrows explode when they hit. +2damage, Messy.

Fire Stone - Any blade sharpened with this stone will ignite in flames when wielded. the effect lasts only 24 hours. +1damage, enemies and objects stuck may burst into flames, add the dangerous tag to the weapon.
---------------------

They also ask that you stay the evening with them for a night of food dance and revelry. What do you do?

This message was last edited by the GM at 13:17, Tue 13 Sept 2016.

Keenan Arrow-Eye
 player, 60 posts
 Xp=8 Hp=16
 R=5 A=7 C=13
Tue 13 Sep 2016
at 14:09
Following the trail of Nergal.
Keenan's going to keep enough coins to cover the cost of rations and arrows, then give the rest of the valuables to the gypsies. He declines to stay, saying that the group needs to urgently return to Tono
Caswell Blackhart
 player, 51 posts
Tue 13 Sep 2016
at 14:26
Following the trail of Nergal.
Caswell seconds Keenan's words. "We have been delayed to long. There are more lives to save and anymore time spent will cost even more loss of life." And in a fashion he thinks he remembers as a Felorian tradition, which maybe not, he says, " Though the roads are long, all journeies end in Farwind."
Caswell Blackhart
 player, 52 posts
Tue 13 Sep 2016
at 14:43
Following the trail of Nergal.
Afterward Caswell pull Keenan aside and says, "Whatever outcome resulted today did not matter to the events to come. Keep this arrow as a memory and use it when the time is right." Caswell hands Keenan the bloodstained arrow from the women's chest.
Goran
 player, 68 posts
Tue 13 Sep 2016
at 15:06
Following the trail of Nergal.
Goran also shares his best wishes with the Felorians, but, like his comrades, he knows that Tono is his top priority.
The Dungeon Master
 GM, 71 posts
Tue 13 Sep 2016
at 18:54
Following the trail of Nergal.
Keenan, add 5 coins to your inventory.

The party says their good byes to the Felorians and continues on to Tono.

14:41, Today: The Dungeon Master rolled 4 using 1d8.  Plague damage to Tono.

Tono is at 11HP

When the adventuring group reaches Tono, things are much different then when they left. Nearly 40% of the village has succumbed to the plague, with that many sick and fading fast. To help prevent the plague, towns people have started a large burning pit to incinerate the dead. The smell is overpowering.

The party gets the lichwood bark to Forrick, who quickly recruits Caswell to help him create his poultice, applying it over the eyes of each plague stricken villager.

Once things have come under control at Tono, Keenan once again scouts the Keep of Dunmorrow and finds it completely abandoned. Signs of heavy foot traffic is easily detected by his tracking skills, but no cultist can be found in the vicinity. Was the plague just a distraction to facilitate their escape? Where have the cultists moved to now? and what was the large object that was apparently moved from the keep?

This ends Session 2.

This message was last edited by the GM at 18:55, Tue 13 Sept 2016.

The Dungeon Master
 GM, 72 posts
Tue 13 Sep 2016
at 18:56
Following the trail of Nergal.
Choose one of your bonds that you feel is resolved (completely explored, no longer relevant, or otherwise). Ask the player of the character you have the bond with if they agree. If they do, mark XP and write a new bond with whomever you wish.

Once bonds have been updated look at your alignment. If you fulfilled that alignment at least once this session, mark XP. Then answer these three questions as a group:

Did we learn something new and important about the world?
Did we overcome a notable monster or enemy?
Did we loot a memorable treasure?
Goran
 player, 69 posts
Wed 14 Sep 2016
at 02:55
Following the trail of Nergal.
Goran has resolved one of his bonds: "Keenan Arrow-Eye owes me his life, whether he admits it or not." After the events surrounding Tono and the Lichwood and the worshipers of Nergal, it's safe to say that the two are pretty much even, and I'm sure that James will agree. I'll come up with a new bond for Keenan shortly.
Goran definitely fulfilled his alignment, which calls for him to "defend those weaker than [himself]." He did so by venturing into the Lichwood in the first place, as well as helping the Felorians with their bandit situation.
Goran learned a few new things about the world. He learned that the natural remedies of rangers and the arcane magic of wizards can be just as effectice as the healing abilities of clerics. He also learned that the creatures known as "creepers" are not exclusive to Eliond, and can be found in the surrounding areas as well. Finally, while traveling with Caswell, Goran has learned a few new and useful human customs, such as how to interact with Felorians.
The group encountered several notable enemies, and defeated them all. Neither corrupt creepers nor bloodthirsty bandits were able to stand against Goran and his equally badass comrades.
Finally, the group looted (in Keenan's case, literally) several treasures of note, including exploding arrows, a magical whetstone, and Caswell's bitchin' new knife.
Caswell Blackhart
 player, 52 posts
Wed 14 Sep 2016
at 11:35
Following the trail of Nergal.
So for Caswell he just started exploring Keenan's bond and hasn't touched Gorans. I can't think of magical secrets unless you count the demon stuff. We learned lichwood bark has medicinal properties and the differences between Devils and demons. Notable monsters was hoard of zombies in the quicksand and the bandits. And note able treasure is caswells knife and the fire arrows.

This message was last updated by the GM at 11:35, Wed 14 Sept 2016.

Keenan Arrow-Eye
 player, 61 posts
 Xp=8 Hp=16
 R=3 A=2 C=18
Wed 14 Sep 2016
at 13:17
Following the trail of Nergal.
Keenan didn't close any bonds or do anything within his alignment. I agree with Jon's answers.
Caswell Blackhart
 player, 53 posts
Wed 14 Sep 2016
at 13:21
Following the trail of Nergal.
So I would like to make an argument that I closed out the bond with Keenan but there is more to explore with it. Caswell giving him the arrow made him aware of his important role. So I would like to mark xp and write the new bond:

Keenan is unprepared for his destiny. I must insure he is ready.
The Dungeon Master
 GM, 74 posts
Wed 14 Sep 2016
at 13:23
Following the trail of Nergal.
Keenan, do you agree with Goran's claim that your bond is closed? I would say saving him from being strangled by that creeper counts.

Keenan, Do you agree that Caswell made you aware of your important role>
Keenan Arrow-Eye
 player, 62 posts
 Xp=8 Hp=16
 R=3 A=2 C=18
Wed 14 Sep 2016
at 15:12
Following the trail of Nergal.
Sure sounds fine. If that's the case maybe Keenan closed his bond with Caswell when he gave him his pep talk about being brave?
The Dungeon Master
 GM, 75 posts
Wed 14 Sep 2016
at 15:14
Following the trail of Nergal.
Caswell, do you feel that bond is concluded?
The Dungeon Master
 GM, 76 posts
Thu 15 Sep 2016
at 11:21
Following the trail of Nergal.
Keenan and Caswell both agree their bonds are not completed.

Goran, mark 5 XP.

Caswell, Mark 3 XP.

Keenan, Mark 3 XP.

Coming soon, Session 3 - Following the trail of Nergal, part 2.