Delving the Dives.   Posted by Dread Pirate Robert.Group: 0
Dread Pirate Robert
 GM, 31 posts
 Master of Fate
Sun 25 Sep 2016
at 22:35
Delving the Dives
=== Eisen and Nicoli ===


All the two of you have to do is walk along the waterfront to spot the dives. There are around a dozen 'dives' in Wandesborrow, all along the waterfront except one--the Crimson Corsair. It's actually a ship hauled onto land, a wall built around it, and painted crimson... though paint is rather weatherworn and faded.

The 'famous' one is at the far end--the Salty Dog, with the nightly brawl.
Eisen
 player, 16 posts
 Eisen
 Mercenary/Duelist
Mon 26 Sep 2016
at 17:48
Delving the Dives
Eisen breathed in the smell of the slums. It felt like home, save the sea air. Eisen was used to drinking himself stupid to forget all the things he had done before he joined The Shawl. He was drunk in a dive very similar to these ones, when he was approached. The woman told him that war needed to stop. Eisen agreed and now he fought to prevent wars, not join them. He inwardly sighed. He needed a little relaxation after the trip and he had a job to do. He looked at Nikoli. "Well you're the expert on where sailors go to end a long journey. Let's have you pick where to go, unless you want to leave it to fate." Eisen produced a guilder. "All up to you my friend."
Nicoli Mushkov
 player, 24 posts
 Ussuran Wanderer
 Sailor, Marine
Fri 30 Sep 2016
at 03:17
Delving the Dives
Nicoli scans the docks, his gaze lingering on the painted ship.  "I suspect there is a story that I would love to hear in that place.  If we scout it first and hear the local wisdom, we may still have time for the nightly brawl down the way."

The big Ussuran claps Eissen on the back and starts making his way to the Crimson Ship.
Eisen
 player, 17 posts
 Eisen
 Mercenary/Duelist
Fri 30 Sep 2016
at 19:59
Delving the Dives
"The ship it is." Eisen agreed and followed the man closely. He hoped there would be information. Or at least decent ale inside the strange tavern.
Dread Pirate Robert
 GM, 42 posts
 Master of Fate
Wed 19 Oct 2016
at 04:34
Delving the Dives
The Crimson Ship wasn't on the water any more; it had been moved inland a few blocks. Entering through the main door that had been cut into the side of the ship, it almost seemed a shame that it couldn't float any more.

You step into the inside at what would have been the lower deck. This is now the bar. Small tables with chairs have been placed around the perimeter with a hurricane lantern hanging over each table. Presumably, the lamps are all lit whenever the bar is open. An actual bar with stools has been built again the opposite wall.

It's a bit early in the day for there to be many patrons in the bar, but, as it's a seaport, there's bound to be someone there. You see about a dozen other customers in there at the moment.

The aft end of the deck appears to be a storeroom, while forward is an office and a flight of stairs that goes up to upper deck.
Eisen
 player, 19 posts
 Eisen
 Mercenary/Duelist
Thu 20 Oct 2016
at 14:59
Delving the Dives
Avalonian "I'll have a pint." Eisen grunts to the barkeep. One he is given one, he raises it into the air. "To the Queen!" He says before downing a third. He looks at Nikolai. Ussuran "Well I set the mood for you. Let's get to work."
Nicoli Mushkov
 player, 25 posts
 Ussuran Wanderer
 Sailor, Marine
Sat 29 Oct 2016
at 04:38
Delving the Dives
Nicoli is mildly surprised that the Crimson Ship has a Ussuran ale, but doubtfully orders a pint.

"Now that's what I call ale!" he says after take a swig before matching Eisen and downing nearly half of it. "To success!"

While it was a bit early in the day for the drinking crowd, there were always a few individuals who found a way to the watering hole at nearly any time of day.

"We can do this the easy way or the hard way... or the really hard way."
Eisen
 player, 22 posts
 Eisen
 Mercenary/Duelist
Sun 20 Nov 2016
at 13:18
Delving the Dives
Looking bulky and mean, Eisen looks at the patrons of the pub. "I'm looking for a man. He owes me." He gives a description of the sailor. "I need to find this man. If I find out that anyone is hiding him from me....well let's just say the result won't be pleasing for that individual."

Starting a Scene
Rolling Brawn+Intimidation 6 Dice +1 for using Skill first time in a Scene

08:14, Today: Eisen rolled 47 using 7d10 ((6,10,2,10,4,7,8)). Intimidate Bar
08:15, Today: Eisen rolled 5 using 1d10 ((5)). Reroll 2


10+10+(6+4)+(7+8) 4 Raises

Dread Pirate Robert
 GM, 59 posts
 Master of Fate
Tue 22 Nov 2016
at 23:49
Delving the Dives
Eisen uses one Raise to take an Action, which is to intimidate everyone in the bar.

The Consequence is that he's essentially issued a challenge to everyone in the bar, and they don't seem to be particularly intimidated by that.

Eisen may be familiar with bar culture, but he's not really familiar with sailor bars.

As Eisen stands there, about half of the other patrons immediately get to their feet and attempt to intimidate him back.

The largest one steps forward.

"And just who the hell are you?" he snarls at Eisen.

He's challenging Eisen back. As he does so, the rest of the patrons who didn't stand up do so now.

Eisen can't be absolutely sure, but they all have the appearance of sailors.

He's familiar with the general mind-set, if not this specific one. As far as they are concerned, Eisen is an outsider intruding on their turf.

The Opportunity is that if Eisen accepts the personal challenge and defeats the man, he won't have to fight everyone.
Eisen
 player, 23 posts
 Eisen
 Mercenary/Duelist
Thu 24 Nov 2016
at 01:11
Delving the Dives
Eisen smiles and places his drink down. <Avalonian> "Just the man who's going to do this to you." He causally steps forward and punches the man square in the jaw, knocking him off his guard while giving an evil look to the others that says 'Stay out of this."

OOC:
1 Raise to Action
1 Raise to Opportunity
20:08, Today: Eisen rolled 5 using 1d6 with rolls of 5.  Reroll 2.
20:08, Today: Eisen rolled 23 using 7d6 with rolls of 3,2,2,6,3,2,5.  Dice to attack thug. 3 Finesse, 3 Brawl, 1 Never used in Scene Befor
2 Raises 2 Wounds Activate the Hero, Spend Hero Point to Deal Dramatic Wound to Villain on top of wounds.

Nicoli Mushkov
 player, 26 posts
 Ussuran Wanderer
 Sailor, Marine
Sun 27 Nov 2016
at 22:01
Delving the Dives
It wasn't the way Nicoli would have done it. He'd have selected a menial and started a bar fight with him, with the intent of dragging all the others in. In the aftermath, they'd all be buddies drinking together.

He had no idea what Eisen was attempting to do, but he stepped forward and stopped just behind him to show everyone else in the tavern that he had Eisen's back. At the very least, he looked nearly as disreputable as most of the sailor's did. He was a sailor and a marine, and he wasn't pretending to be anyone but.
Dread Pirate Robert
 GM, 60 posts
 Master of Fate
Sun 4 Dec 2016
at 02:49
Delving the Dives
Apparently the thug wasn't expecting Eisen to be so quick or so tough, probably thinking he could block or dodge... or, more likely, he wasn't expecting such a rapid response.

When Eisen connects, the thug goes as rigid as a board and then topples backwards.

Every one else is frozen in place.

The next thing Eisen knows is that all the others are gathered around him, clapping him on the shoulder and congratulating him... and buying him a drink.
Nicoli Mushkov
 player, 27 posts
 Ussuran Wanderer
 Sailor, Marine
Thu 8 Dec 2016
at 19:38
Delving the Dives
"Although I don't think that was as much fun as my way," Nicoli says to Eisen when he gets a chance amid all the celebration, "that was rather impressive. Usually, I have to wade through half a dozen or more."

"The trick is to get them fighting each other until only you are standing."


He takes a drink from the tankard in his hand, courtesy of the sailors.

"So now what? Do we just ask about the sailor?"