The Summer of Lights.   Posted by The Darkness.Group: 0
The Darkness
 GM, 477 posts
Mon 18 Sep 2017
at 19:11
The Summer of Lights
OOC: No, the one roll is sufficient, I was just curious on your course of action.

The sounds from the hallway began to grow loud enough for you to hear yourself.  It was starting to sound like voices but you still couldn't be certain, and Carlton was in no mood to stick his head back out and verify.  The small window began to crack and buckle as you continued to ram it with the chair.  Spider cracks began to cover it's surface and it began to bow slightly with each assault, but it continued to hold in place.  Carlton, meanwhile, had begun working through the various lockers in the room.  Surprisingly, several of them were not locked.  Amongst the items found were several firearms, including a shotgun which he greedily snapped up and began looking over.

"Well I ain't goin' out without a fight, good friend."
Kody Cord
 player, 175 posts
 Not A Gun Kind Of Guy
 But Fists & Feet May Fly
Mon 18 Sep 2017
at 19:47
The Summer of Lights
Kody continued to bash at the window, upping the urgency as he saw Carlton grab himself some weapons and prepare to fight.  At least, he hoped it was more of a stand and fight situation than just last stand.  "Grab as many as you can, just in case.  This window is giving, but not quickly enough.  If they break through before I'm done, have one ready for me.  We'll stand and fight together," he said between each crash of the chair into the pane of the window.
The Darkness
 GM, 480 posts
Tue 19 Sep 2017
at 18:03
The Summer of Lights
Continuing to bash against the window yields results, but not what you were hoping.  The reinforced wiring keeps it in one solid piece as cracks litter the pane.  Chunks and slivers break free and fall to the floor but the window continues to hold in place.  From outside the door, you can hear the sounds of voices, frenzied and loud.  Carlton takes several boxes and, after stacking them together, positions himself behind them, shotgun pointed squarely at the door.  He slides a large handgun towards you and steadies himself as he waits for the inevitable.  The sounds from outside continue to grow closer as you hear the telltale sound of doors being systematically kicked in...the sounds growing ever closer to you.
Kody Cord
 player, 176 posts
 Not A Gun Kind Of Guy
 But Fists & Feet May Fly
Tue 19 Sep 2017
at 18:57
The Summer of Lights
With the window being a damn pain in the rear end, Kody finally gave up the ghost and stepped next to Carlton, accepting the gun he was handed.  A quick look over at the lockers to see if there was anything else that could be used, then Kody was at the door, opening it swiftly to peer outside to see what they were going to be up against.  If he saw a way past and out, he would take it.  If not, it would be do or die from the sounds of things.


[OOC: 19:56, Today: Kody Cord rolled 5 using 1d10.  Observation.  Right on the money].
The Darkness
 GM, 482 posts
Wed 20 Sep 2017
at 14:21
The Summer of Lights
Against Carltons' protests, you open the door slightly and peer down the hallway.  Several men dressed in perhaps swat outfits, or something similar, are methodically working their way down the hall.  Each doorway they encounter is kicked in and quickly swept.  Behind them follow three more men dressed in hazmat suits, the type you see in outbreak movies and the like.
Kody Cord
 player, 177 posts
 Not A Gun Kind Of Guy
 But Fists & Feet May Fly
Wed 20 Sep 2017
at 15:24
The Summer of Lights
Kody shut the door as quickly and as quietly as possible, then turned to Carlton and explained to him what he had just witnessed.  The look on Kody's face while he did so was one of puzzlement, for as far as he knew, and granted he did not know much, there had not been a toxic spill or anything of that nature recently, much less at the police precinct.  If there were, the police would already have evacuated, wouldn't they?  This is what he said to Carlton, and also asked him what he wanted to do now.
The Darkness
 GM, 483 posts
Thu 21 Sep 2017
at 13:52
The Summer of Lights
Carlton fixes his gaze upon the door...

"Not much we can do."

The sounds from the hall growing ever louder as they neared your location
Kody Cord
 player, 178 posts
 Not A Gun Kind Of Guy
 But Fists & Feet May Fly
Thu 21 Sep 2017
at 15:30
The Summer of Lights
"We could open the door, signal them, and explain the situation as far as we know it," Kody replied to Carlton, but continued without more than a momentary pause.  "And no, I don't think it's the best idea in the world, but right now, it beats them barging in here and potentially shooting us for no good reason, or worse.  Them barging in here, us firing upon them, them firing back at us, and the whole situation getting way worse then it could have or should have been," he finished.
Carlton Davis
 NPC, 15 posts
Thu 21 Sep 2017
at 16:57
The Summer of Lights
Carlton mulled over your words but only briefly...

"Your call but I think either way we've got problems."
Kody Cord
 player, 179 posts
 Not A Gun Kind Of Guy
 But Fists & Feet May Fly
Thu 21 Sep 2017
at 17:12
The Summer of Lights
Kody was tempted to reply with "tell me something I don't know," but instead simply nodded his head and started to crack open the door again.  He stopped, turned back to Carlton and asked a question.  "Do we want to do this like we are stuck here and call for help, or simply call attention to ourselves by walking out with our hands in non-threatening positions?"
Carlton Davis
 NPC, 16 posts
Thu 21 Sep 2017
at 17:14
The Summer of Lights
Carlton seems slightly taken aback by the question, as if he had never considered the option.

"It may well be worth a shot.  I don't believe this is some sort of 'kill team' or anything like that, although I'll admit I haven't a clue what's going on."
Kody Cord
 player, 180 posts
 Not A Gun Kind Of Guy
 But Fists & Feet May Fly
Thu 21 Sep 2017
at 17:20
The Summer of Lights
Kody responded.  "From what I got out of my little peek, they were wearing hazmat suits.  I don't think they are a kill team, either, but you just never know these days," he said with a shrug.  "Anyway, call for assistance, or start walking towards them with our hands up?" he asked again, as he wasn't sure which one Carlton wanted to go with.
Carlton Davis
 NPC, 17 posts
Thu 21 Sep 2017
at 18:13
The Summer of Lights
"A general announcement of some sort, I suppose, would be a good start.  Probably shouldn't be holding these guns either."
Kody Cord
 player, 181 posts
 Not A Gun Kind Of Guy
 But Fists & Feet May Fly
Thu 21 Sep 2017
at 18:24
The Summer of Lights
"OK, but keep them, close ... just in case, you know?" Kody replied with another shrug, nodding at the weapon Carlton was holding.  When he was sure they were both ready, Kody put aside any weapon he had and opened the door.  With a deep intake of breath, he opened his mouth, looked to Carlton one more time, then turned back and called out.

"Hey!  Hey there!  Is anyone out there?  I don't know what's going on, but I think we need to get out of here.  We've been holed up in here since the weirdness started and now we want out."
The Darkness
 GM, 485 posts
Thu 21 Sep 2017
at 18:35
The Summer of Lights
For an instant, the gathered individuals froze as they turned in your direction...then the rifles came up.  A chorus of voices repeating the same lines echoed down the hallway towards you...

"Don't move!"
"Get your hands up!"
"Keep your distance!"


Staring down the barrel of one rifle can be unnerving enough, yet somehow you manage to control your instinct to run as several are pointed at you.  Making it more so disconcerting was the fact that each man was wearing a dark, almost tinted, gas mask, making any suggestion of a friendly facial feature impossible to discern.  The two officers (?) in front begin slowly moving towards you, firearms still trained squarely on you.

"Where did you come from?", one of them shouts.
"Is anybody else with you?", the other hollers.
Kody Cord
 player, 182 posts
 Not A Gun Kind Of Guy
 But Fists & Feet May Fly
Thu 21 Sep 2017
at 18:51
The Summer of Lights
[OOC: Forgot to say Kody already had his hands up, but never mind].

B I C
Kody was torn between being afraid he would be shot accidentally, and wanting to remonstrate with these ... whoever they were for being absolute butt holes.  Was this how it was in America?  Certainly seemed so.  He had heard the stories, but he never thought he would be on the receiving end.  He wanted to shake his head to show his disappointment and annoyance, but replied to at least the first three barked orders.

"If I am not supposed to move, how am I going to either put my hands up or keep my distance?  As both imply movement, which is it to be?  Do I move to put my hands up, or do I not move at all and if I don't move, how then do I put my hands up?" he asked.  He ignored the questions from the other two for the time being.  One thing at a time.
The Darkness
 GM, 486 posts
Thu 21 Sep 2017
at 19:08
The Summer of Lights
The two advancing men continued their approach cautiously until they were a mere ten feet or so away.  Never once did their weapons sway from the target.

"Don't get smart pal...this ain't the time."

One of them made a hand movement in the air and two more individuals moved forward, one of them clad in the aforementioned hazmat suit.  He moved forward with the other gentleman in tow, another armed black clad individual, and proceeded right up to you.

"Now look, I know this all may be rather frightening but I promise you, we're here to help.  If you could please simply follow whatever orders these men give you it will go a long way to smoothing things over here.  Now, let me take a look..."

With that, he pulls a penlight from his pocket and begins shining it into your eyes.

"Can someone bring me the case please."
Kody Cord
 player, 183 posts
 Not A Gun Kind Of Guy
 But Fists & Feet May Fly
Thu 21 Sep 2017
at 19:21
The Summer of Lights
Kody looked at the man who talked of getting smart with a blank expression, though inside, he wanted to deck the idiot, but not with a few rifles pointed at his face.  When the other two approached, Kody thought this was where the rough-house treatment was going to come into play, but he was surprised by the man's words.  With a simple nod, he raised his hands slowly, up and outward of his body, and just stared forward as the other flashed the light into his eyes.  He would ask what this was all about soon enough.
The Darkness
 GM, 488 posts
Thu 21 Sep 2017
at 19:35
The Summer of Lights
After a brief scan of your eyes and mouth, he reaches for a metallic case that had been brought forward.  Opening it, you spy several instruments you can only assume are of a medical nature.  Rifling through the case, the gentleman in the hazmat suit procures a small hypodermic needle and two small vials of fluid, one green and the other clear.

"Now, I'm going to need you to hold still while I take a small blood sample."

One of the armed men barks at you again about your presence at the station house and who else may be with you but is abruptly cut short by the man in the hazmat suit.

"There will be time for questioning, I need to get this confirmed first."

Being cut off clearly annoyed the armed man but he remained silent none the less.  With a wave of his hand, the two other men surrounding you began to move forward towards the evidence room, and Carlton, while two more moved up to take their place, once more training their firearms upon you.
Kody Cord
 player, 184 posts
 Not A Gun Kind Of Guy
 But Fists & Feet May Fly
Thu 21 Sep 2017
at 19:44
The Summer of Lights
Again, Kody only looked at the men who barked with a blank stare, his dislike of them growing with each and every second.  However, what really took his attention was the man producing a hypodermic and talking about taking a blood sample.  Kody frowned deeply, intent on pulling away if the needle looked to be going in, rifles be damned.

"What is going on?  Why do you need to take a blood sample?" he asked.
The Darkness
 GM, 489 posts
Thu 21 Sep 2017
at 19:54
The Summer of Lights
The man in the plastic suit again spoke in the same, calm almost sympathetic voice...

"I can assure you, our presence here is purely altruistic.  While I can't release any information, per say, there has been a minor contamination issue in this area and we need to find anyone who has been exposed.  I simply need to check and see if you have."

From behind you, yelling can be heard, the barking of orders.  No doubt they had found Carlton in the evidence room and were treating him to the same hospitality as yourself.

"We got another one doc."

"Thank you gentleman, I will be with you in a moment."  Gently, he grabs your arm and begins moving closer with the needle.  "This will only take a minute, please, relax."
Kody Cord
 player, 185 posts
 Not A Gun Kind Of Guy
 But Fists & Feet May Fly
Thu 21 Sep 2017
at 20:08
The Summer of Lights
Kody's frown had not left his face, and he was getting more worried by the second as the man stated there had been some kind of contamination.  His body was saying resist, while his head was saying it will be all right.  "Come on, Doc.  Minor contamination could be anything.  If it's so minor, why the guns in people's faces?  Much as I admire your altruism, you've got to give me more than that," he said while moving his arm away a little.
The Darkness
 GM, 490 posts
Sun 24 Sep 2017
at 04:34
The Summer of Lights
"I really wish I could but we're talking possible legal action and we really can't divulge any further information.  I'm afraid you're just going to have to trust us."

From behind you, you can hear that Carlton is arguing as well.  Some slight scuffling can be heard.
Kody Cord
 player, 186 posts
 Not A Gun Kind Of Guy
 But Fists & Feet May Fly
Sun 24 Sep 2017
at 09:17
The Summer of Lights
Kody looked at the "doctor" in such a way that the man had to know Kody did not trust him.  It was that obvious.  "Doc?  I don't even know you.  You appear from nowhere, claim there is some contaminant in the air, yet there has been nothing on the news about anything of this nature.  As you can probably tell, me and my buddy back there are highly sceptical right now," he replied.
The Darkness
 GM, 491 posts
Mon 25 Sep 2017
at 18:16
The Summer of Lights
The doctor could only lower his head and shake it back and forth...

"Sergeant, if you please..."

Before you even have time to react, you feel a sharp stab into your back as instantly your muscles tense and you collapse into the floor.  You convulse and spasm several times before the sensation passes and you are left a mess writhing on the floor, barely able to move.  Looking up, you can see one of the armed men holding a gun-like object with wires protruding from it, as well as the doctor.

"I tried to do this the easy way but there will always be those who simply cannot accept authority."

As he leans down towards your still unresponsive body, you the see syringe in his hand is no longer empty but contains some sort of fluid.  As the needle enters your skin, your head begins to swim in an almost dream-like state.

"Please, load these two with the others for Albany", was the last thing you recall hearing as your vision faded into blackness.

OOC: Whenever you're ready you can begin posting in the newest thread 'By Hook Or By Crook'