By Hook Or By Crook.   Posted by The Darkness.Group: 0
Alison Foster
 player, 256 posts
 Mercenary
 British ex-pat
Sat 3 Mar 2018
at 16:56
By Hook Or By Crook
ALison nodded, "When I find my gun, I'll shoot straight too. What did I miss in my room, short answer please."
Sam Damon
 player, 242 posts
Sat 3 Mar 2018
at 18:16
By Hook Or By Crook
"Door behind nurses' station is unlocked. Stairs up and down. Basement has tunnels that spread far beyond the extants of the base, under the surrounding township," summarised Sam.
The Darkness
 GM, 579 posts
Fri 9 Mar 2018
at 05:37
By Hook Or By Crook
OOC: So we've got an unlocked door and another staircase that Sam has briefly investigated.  There is also the duct work that Sam had taken notice of earlier.  Plans?
The Darkness
 GM, 581 posts
Tue 20 Mar 2018
at 14:15
By Hook Or By Crook
From down the hallway, a loud *BANG* can be heard and before you can even look to see what caused it, a small group of people are shuffled into the room.  It appears to be another group of regular people being brought in, much the same as yourself.  There is some hustle and bustle as the lone nurse on duty does her best to check everyone in and assign them a room.  Given the late hour, the commotion, combined with the audible arguments many were putting forth, awoke most of the floor, leading to further chaos and random swears being hurled about.  Several soldiers who had escorted the most recent group in, moved to quickly defuse and quiet the situation, before exiting via the original doorway, leaving just the lone night nurse and the two guards at the door to finish with the mess.
Nathaniel Slate
 player, 8 posts
 Professional Psychiatrist
 Look out, He has a Plan.
Wed 21 Mar 2018
at 07:03
By Hook Or By Crook
In reply to The Darkness (msg # 217):

Nathaniel as rummages through his pockets he discovers that he still has almost everything that he had when he was in the police station. His car keys are still there as is his wallet and his credentials. Looks like I still have everything. I am curious about where I am and what's happened to Marcus. Nathaniel stretches and looks around himself, the most obvious and curious sight is the two soldiers. After that is the group of three, they seem to be a part of why the soldiers are here.

"Excuse Me, I have a few questions." Nathaniel says to one of the soldiers. "Firstly, I would like to know where I am? and Secondly how long can I expect to be held here for?"
Alison Foster
 player, 258 posts
 Mercenary
 British ex-pat
Thu 22 Mar 2018
at 11:05
By Hook Or By Crook
Alison nodded, "Let go out the unlocked door. I have to find my weapon, otherwise I am game for getting the hell out of here."
Sam Damon
 player, 245 posts
Thu 22 Mar 2018
at 11:12
By Hook Or By Crook
"I didn't see any weapons there, but I dare say we can find something... yes, I know it's an heirloom piece you want to retrieve but it may be better to leave and worry about it later," said Sam.
The Darkness
 GM, 582 posts
Thu 22 Mar 2018
at 12:40
By Hook Or By Crook
The soldier looks at Nathaniel...

"You are currently being quarantined inside a military camp.  As for your time here, that's really not my department."
Alison Foster
 player, 259 posts
 Mercenary
 British ex-pat
Sat 24 Mar 2018
at 00:49
By Hook Or By Crook
ALice shook her head, "I'm sorry I cannot give up on it. It is too important to me. It is all I have of him."
Nathaniel Slate
 player, 9 posts
 Professional Psychiatrist
 Look out, He has a Plan.
Thu 29 Mar 2018
at 11:32
Re: By Hook Or By Crook
The Darkness:
The soldier looks at Nathaniel...

"You are currently being quarantined inside a military camp.  As for your time here, that's really not my department."


Nathaniel looked at the soldiers as he thought over the word, Quarantine. Quarantine meant either Disease, Biological weaponry or a third alternative, given his location the second was likely although not the most probable. That left only Disease or an unknown reason. For either of the first two reasons, as long as he wasn't infected, he could offer assistance.

"Can I be informed as to the nature of the Quarantine? I would also like to know as to whether I have been detained as an Infected or for another reason?" Nathaniel said in the tone of a weary ER doctor who was just informed of a MVA, Multiple Vehicle Accident.
The Darkness
 GM, 583 posts
Thu 29 Mar 2018
at 13:31
Re: By Hook Or By Crook
"You are being held temporarily to ensure that you have not been exposed.  I really can't supply any more information than that, even if I did know more.  Didn't the doctor explain this all to you?"

The guard seemed more exasperated with your questioning than anything.  A quick glance at the number of individuals both with you and already in the room, he'd probably been buzzed with questions non-stop.
Charles Mallory
 player, 83 posts
Thu 29 Mar 2018
at 13:53
Re: By Hook Or By Crook
Having overheard the questions the new guy was asking the guards and knowing they were already a little on the aggravated side, Charles figured he would give them a break. "Hey new guy, join us over here. Maybe we can give ya some answers."
Sam Damon
 player, 246 posts
Thu 29 Mar 2018
at 15:18
Re: By Hook Or By Crook
"Good idea."

Sam held a hand out, beginning to make introductions.

"I'm Sam, this is Charles and this is Alison... all caught up in this crap."
Nathaniel Slate
 player, 10 posts
 Professional Psychiatrist
 Look out, He has a Plan.
Fri 13 Apr 2018
at 11:15
Re: By Hook Or By Crook
Nathaniel shook the outstreched hand. It was always good to meet someone with a modicum of manners. "My name is Nathaniel Slate, I'm a psychologist. I have no idea how I got here but something seems wrong about our current situation."

Nathaniel's voice was perfectly even and measured and he seemed perfectly calm. The crimson sunglasses concealed the nervous manner in which his eyes roamed the room and his agitation at being imprisoned was hidden under decades of experience working to analyse others.

"I have just one question for the three of you, the guard said that we were being contained in order to ensure that we haven't been exposed. My question is exposed to what?"

As his mind traced what he could remember of the room so far, Nathaniel planned for an emergency escape. Based on the window view, we are probably on the second or third floor. The door behind the nurse's area should be unlocked with an emergency locking method for dangerous situations. With the four of us here, I would wager that the other doors are locked from the other side to prevent escapes.
Sam Damon
 player, 250 posts
Fri 13 Apr 2018
at 11:34
Re: By Hook Or By Crook
"Good question. So far they haven't answered it... nor asked us anything about where we've been or what we are doing, which is normal procedure in a contamination situation."

Sam suddenly grinned as he made up his mind.

"Too right something is wrong. We think it's time to leave. The door behind the nurses' station is unlocked and you can get down to some basement tunnels that lead outside this complex. Lurk inconspicously nearby and be ready... I'm going to the rest room. There's some loose vents, I'll see if I can short out the lights..."
The Darkness
 GM, 588 posts
Thu 19 Apr 2018
at 14:23
Re: By Hook Or By Crook
It takes some working at, but Sam manages to open up a small hole in the bathroom ceiling, enough for him to find the leads running to the overhead ballasts.  After checking to make certain no one heard the noise and is coming to inspect, he forcefully tears them from the lighting fixture, exposing the two ends.  With no safe method of causing a short, he decides to respond with rash action.  Grabbing a handful of paper towels, he blocks up one of the sinks and turns on the faucets.  Throwing caution to the wind, he yanks violently on the overhead wiring, tearing it from it moorings and causing a large tear to appear in the drywall ceiling.  When he finally had enough wire length pulled down, he positioned himself next to the doorway and threw the exposed wires towards the almost overflowing sink...
Sam Damon
 player, 251 posts
Thu 19 Apr 2018
at 15:29
Re: By Hook Or By Crook
The shower of sparks was spectacular. The lights went out at once, and Sam wasn't sure but he thought the AC fans stopped too. He jumped back, staying clear of sloshing water, and made his way back to the main room, being familiar enough with the layout by now to be able to cope with the near darkness.

He made his way over to the door behind the nurses' station, and peered out for the others, aware that Alison might need some help.
The Darkness
 GM, 589 posts
Tue 24 Apr 2018
at 14:20
Re: By Hook Or By Crook
So Sam has gone and created a spectacular short in the wiring for the floor, resulting in near blackout conditions.  While the 'patients' go into a slight panic/annoyance mode, the remaining guards and single nurse do their best to both appease and calm the crowd milling about the room, shouting for answers.
Charles Mallory
 player, 86 posts
Tue 24 Apr 2018
at 16:14
Re: By Hook Or By Crook
Given the distractions and lighting, Charles attempt to slip out the door behind the nurses station first chance he gets.
Alison Foster
 player, 262 posts
 Mercenary
 British ex-pat
Wed 25 Apr 2018
at 10:50
Re: By Hook Or By Crook
Alice goes with the others.
The Darkness
 GM, 590 posts
Wed 25 Apr 2018
at 15:21
Re: By Hook Or By Crook
OOC: Alison still has the issue of a leg injury.  Is she wheeling herself or is Sam or Charles going to carry her?
Alison Foster
 player, 263 posts
 Mercenary
 British ex-pat
Wed 25 Apr 2018
at 16:11
Re: By Hook Or By Crook
Wheeling herself as long as possible.
Sam Damon
 player, 252 posts
Wed 25 Apr 2018
at 16:26
Re: By Hook Or By Crook
When Alison reaches my position (by the nurses station), Sam will ask if she needs help. If she feels unable to walk, she gets picked up and carried.
Alison Foster
 player, 264 posts
 Mercenary
 British ex-pat
Thu 26 Apr 2018
at 00:18
Re: By Hook Or By Crook
Alison  hates it but accepts the help as necessary.
The Darkness
 GM, 591 posts
Thu 26 Apr 2018
at 15:37
Re: By Hook Or By Crook
With the majority of the 'patients' already on nerves edge, it didn't take much before the room erupted in near full blown chaos.  People shouted and demanded answers, more from the soldiers than the lone nurse, as they filled the room and even started marching down the hallway towards the exit.  The small mob was quite sizeable but easily stopped in their respective tracks when the soldiers pulled their rifles and trained them into the crowd; one proceeded to pull his radio and relay the situation.  While curiosity drew you to watch, you quickly decided that the opportune moment to move had arisen and so, the duck quickly, quietly and undetected into the dark hallway behind the nurses station.

quote:
Before you runs a small, unlit hallway with six open doorways, three on each side.  At the end of the hallway, you can see the wall turns to the right.  The only illumination you find comes from each of the doorways, most probably pollution from the various floodlights throughout the camp.  The floor is littered with debris and abandoned office furniture; the dust hangs thickly and clearly has not been disturbed in some time.  Each of the doorways promptly open into what were once small offices.  Desks, chairs, and file cabinets lay strewn about, many broken, rusted and heaped in time's dust.  As you reach the end of the hallway, another doorway sits closed.


Please continue this in the 'What Fear Lurks...' thread