What Fear Lurks In The Hearts Of Men.   Posted by The Darkness.Group: 0
Charles Mallory
 player, 95 posts
Mon 11 Jun 2018
at 18:26
What Fear Lurks In The Hearts Of Men
Charles took off following Sam, making sure to keep him in sight.
The Darkness
 GM, 604 posts
Wed 13 Jun 2018
at 17:28
What Fear Lurks In The Hearts Of Men
Following the bouncing parade of flashlights, you race behind the group of unknown people that just moments before had trained firearms upon you.  In the brief moments of illumination you see not hardened soldiers or anything of the sort but men, both young and old, women, young children...all running forward with no care or concern for your groups' intentions.  The sounds of panic and fear rang out in the darkness as they reached the end of the room.  A set of double doors is thrown open and the group begins to race forward.  As you exit, that same metallic-static like sound rises from the now empty room behind you.  Braced by the solid brick walls the sound pierces your ears like an ice pick, momentarily halting the entire crowd in its tracks before the procession continued onward.  Haste and terror became the watchwords as the group broke into a frantic pace; their flashlight beams bouncing carelessly throughout the hallway they now raced down.  The sound of metal pelting and scrapping against metal rises from the ink colored ether where you had once stood.  Something was definitely in that room.  By the time the column reached a cross-way, they had succumbed to their fear and full panic mode had set in.  The group began to scatter...several race down the hallway to the left while others to the right; occasionally one or two would dart off into an adjacent room, slamming the door hard behind them.  Several more took to the stairwell, again splitting into two groups with one going up and the other down.  Glancing behind you can just make out faint, neon blue sparks(?) flashing to and fro.
Sam Damon
 player, 272 posts
Wed 13 Jun 2018
at 17:36
What Fear Lurks In The Hearts Of Men
Sam follows the folk that take the right turn, then stays on this level... he's looking for an exit from the building.
Alison Foster
 player, 278 posts
 Mercenary
 British ex-pat
Wed 13 Jun 2018
at 19:25
What Fear Lurks In The Hearts Of Men
Alison can do little but be carried.
Sam Damon
 player, 273 posts
Thu 14 Jun 2018
at 08:16
What Fear Lurks In The Hearts Of Men
"Which way should we go?" Sam asked Alison.

"You navigate, I'll concentrate on the running bit."
Charles Mallory
 player, 96 posts
Thu 14 Jun 2018
at 12:07
What Fear Lurks In The Hearts Of Men
Charles brought up the rear, keeping a watch over his shoulder "Might want to pick up the pace. No idea what the hell that is but it's still moving this way."
Alison Foster
 player, 279 posts
 Mercenary
 British ex-pat
Fri 15 Jun 2018
at 11:04
What Fear Lurks In The Hearts Of Men
Alison did not know. She pointed at the down stairs, very unsure.
Sam Damon
 player, 274 posts
Fri 15 Jun 2018
at 11:57
What Fear Lurks In The Hearts Of Men
"This is ground level. If there's something nasty below I don't want to go there... See if you can find a way out of the building..." Sam managed to get out.
Alison Foster
 player, 280 posts
 Mercenary
 British ex-pat
Fri 15 Jun 2018
at 16:13
What Fear Lurks In The Hearts Of Men
She shook her head. He would have to do that. Her opinion was to go down.
The Darkness
 GM, 605 posts
Mon 18 Jun 2018
at 17:36
What Fear Lurks In The Hearts Of Men
Seems we have a stalemate...
Sam Damon
 player, 276 posts
Tue 19 Jun 2018
at 09:04
What Fear Lurks In The Hearts Of Men
As I'm doing the running bit, we're staying on the level...
The Darkness
 GM, 607 posts
Wed 20 Jun 2018
at 18:06
What Fear Lurks In The Hearts Of Men
Despite Alisons' protesting, Sam bangs a hard right down the long hallway; his boots squealing as they grab the hard linoleum.  Doors continue to slam as the terrified people race for whatever cover they can find.  From behind you, the sound begins to grow in intensity.  The light in this section was not that much better and you could soon see glowing rays of light blue dance across the walls around you.  At the end of the hallway rests a solitary door which Sam nearly shatters off its hinges as he kicks it in (the door swings inward and was still attached but the latch was blown out).  Dashing in without hesitation, you find yourselves in what appears to be yet another factory building or wing; the lighting is equally useless.
Alison Foster
 player, 282 posts
 Mercenary
 British ex-pat
Thu 21 Jun 2018
at 12:37
What Fear Lurks In The Hearts Of Men
Alison scoffed but hung on as Sam ran with her in tow. She impressed whenhe kicked the door in. What they find is just more creepiness. "Now what Captain? Barricade?"
Charles Mallory
 player, 97 posts
Thu 21 Jun 2018
at 12:55
What Fear Lurks In The Hearts Of Men
Charles follows thru the door. Shutting it behind him and looking for anything to use to hold it shut.
Sam Damon
 player, 277 posts
Thu 21 Jun 2018
at 13:39
What Fear Lurks In The Hearts Of Men
"Where is the way out of here?"

Sam may not be swearing but the tone of voice suggests he wants to! He's looking for any signage... there ought to be fire exit signs whatever this building was once used for...
Alison Foster
 player, 283 posts
 Mercenary
 British ex-pat
Thu 21 Jun 2018
at 14:49
What Fear Lurks In The Hearts Of Men
Alison was a bit snide, "I don't know, down stairs?"
Sam Damon
 player, 278 posts
Thu 21 Jun 2018
at 15:16
What Fear Lurks In The Hearts Of Men
"We're on the ground floor... going downstairs is back underground."

Sam was beginning to get a little impatient. He reminded himself not everyone was good at keeping track of their spatial location.

Damn. Now he was beginning to doubt himself.
The Darkness
 GM, 608 posts
Thu 21 Jun 2018
at 16:21
What Fear Lurks In The Hearts Of Men
The building/room you are now in looks extremely similar to the initial room you appeared in (through the trap door).  Most of these types of buildings had at least two doorways so it would suggest that either there is another door at the far end in the middle or at least one other doorway on one of the walls.
Sam Damon
 player, 279 posts
Fri 22 Jun 2018
at 10:26
What Fear Lurks In The Hearts Of Men
Sam looked around for other doorways.
The Darkness
 GM, 609 posts
Tue 26 Jun 2018
at 12:45
What Fear Lurks In The Hearts Of Men
Racing frantically into the dark, the sounds of screams just reaching the door as it shuts.  Sam dashes back and forth through the darkness desperately searching for another doorway; several times almost colliding with abandoned machinery.  Finally you find another set of double doors as shouts and cries mingle as they creep into the room, echoing off the walls.
Sam Damon
 player, 280 posts
Tue 26 Jun 2018
at 13:22
What Fear Lurks In The Hearts Of Men
We're going through those doors... we maybe even will spare time to open them first.
Alison Foster
 player, 284 posts
 Mercenary
 British ex-pat
Tue 26 Jun 2018
at 13:24
What Fear Lurks In The Hearts Of Men
Alison is along for the ride.
Charles Mallory
 player, 98 posts
Tue 26 Jun 2018
at 13:43
What Fear Lurks In The Hearts Of Men
Charles followed along avoiding things as best he could as he tried to keep an eye out behind them.
The Darkness
 GM, 610 posts
Wed 27 Jun 2018
at 17:56
What Fear Lurks In The Hearts Of Men
Sam slams into the set of doors, almost using Alison as a battering ram as they collide with the solid metal.  At first, it feels as if you just ran into a wall but a split second later a deafening *CRACK* of splintering wood pierces your ears.  The force that once held the doors shut releases in a violent flurry of splinters as Sam and Alison stumble on the short staircase beyond, crashing into the hard, cold ground.  Slivers of wood lie all around you as you slowly pull yourselves up.  Turning to your side, you see the remnants of the board that apparently had been propped against the door.  A sizable chunk of the once solid 4x4 still rose at an angle from the pavement, it's jagged edges staring at you from only inches away.  Charles follows quickly behind, himself just narrowly avoiding the fall as his gaze was turned back into the building.  You are now in a dark alley of some sort surrounded by other large, brick buildings.  None of them seem to have any lighting and several appear to be crumbling; from the looks of things this is an abandoned industrial park.
Sam Damon
 player, 281 posts
Wed 27 Jun 2018
at 18:47
What Fear Lurks In The Hearts Of Men
Get oriented... Sam went that way from the base underground, then turned this way and that, so now is facing towards/away/it's on that side. Pick appropriate direction that's still away and carry on.

Basically SOCK-nav, if you know that technique. (Sum Of Components Known, you remember turns and approximate distances, then can tell which way to go)

This message was last edited by the player at 07:53, Thu 28 June 2018.