Transfer orders:   Posted by Gunny Spooky.Group: 0
Gunny Spooky
 GM, 1 post
 Head Drill Instructor
 Pain is the new normal
Thu 25 Aug 2016
at 02:53
Transfer orders:
It has been a long six months since the SDF-3 and the rest of a massive armada arrived in Fantoma-space. Most of you had a trial by fire before you left Earth fighting rogue Zentraedi malcontents. That experience may have saved your lives on Tirol, the home of the Masters. Expecting to find more Zentraedi or the enigmatic masters, even the highest levels of officers were shocked to find a wholly new and unexpected tenant on the planet. The Invid.

The battle for the moon was tense and bitter. As soon as one swarm of Invid were shot down, another three rose in its place. You saw officers go down, battle buddies, pilots, gunners, ground troops. Yet the human spirit was indomitable. New tactics were devised, New weapons employed in different ways. The light attack veritech Alpha, and its few heavy attack Beta counterparts were found to be the best weapons against the Invid. Bastions of destroids planetsides made bastions against shocktroopers and inorganics. The early cyclones, what few they had, were invaluable in ground combat. Other weapon systems, like the Combat Interceptor, were moved to the rear.

After weeks of battle, the REF found and terminated the Invid brain, leaving only mop-up duties. Tirol was free.

A marine's duty is to fight in battle. As the REF regrouped and planned the next offensive, the marines found their worst enemy, boredom. Scuffles and fights were common. A few good men found themselves in the stockade.

That is until word came down that the REF would advance into Invid-space. The marines were going to war. You figured you would stay with your original units, but a colonel calls you into his office aboard ship.

"We're advancing into the unknown, and need a group that can scout ahead of the fleet and the fleet marine forces," he took a sip of coffee and proceeded. "You have all seen what the invid can do to a force, so you understand why preliminary recon must be conducted by a smaller group. You will be a part of the Special Tactical Operations and Reconnaissance Teams. Instead of operating directly with the team, you will be in an independent small unit with a variety of operators."

With his tablet, he called up a map of the immediate sector of the galaxy. He gestures to a line. "This is what our new Tirolean allies and Zentraedi General Breetai believe to be the outer limit of Invid conquest, given that Tirol is outside this border. We are building a forward base on this planet, RDK-871C, for incursions and assaults into the Invid domain. We are transferring you there to meet the rest of your team and to receive orders.Pack your personal gear and be at the flight line for Horizont transport to the cruiser Bunker Hill. It will transport you to RDK-871C. You will draw new equipment there. Report to Maj. Sciavonne with the STORM teams when you arrive. He'll have your orders and notify you when a mission is organized. Good luck, and semper fi!"

This message was last edited by the GM at 03:35, Wed 31 Aug 2016.

aftbiohazard
 player, 3 posts
Sun 18 Sep 2016
at 15:04
Transfer orders:
In reply to Gunny Spooky (msg # 1):

"Eye eye, sir.  Will my teams backgrounds and service jackets be made available from Maj. Sciavonne?"
Gunny Spooky
 GM, 7 posts
 Head Drill Instructor
 Pain is the new normal
Sun 18 Sep 2016
at 18:06
Transfer orders:
In reply to aftbiohazard (msg # 2):

"The information you've requested is already transmitted to RDK-871C, Lt.," said the colonel. "You'll find Schiavone to be a very open minded CO. Speak your mind to him, and tel him what you want to do. If it's a sensible plan, he will let you run it."
aftbiohazard
 player, 4 posts
Sun 18 Sep 2016
at 18:18
Transfer orders:
In reply to Gunny Spooky (msg # 3):

"Hoorah, copy that sir."

Pop a solid salute, gather up my gear and belongings and head for the transport.
Thompson
 player, 2 posts
Mon 19 Sep 2016
at 03:47
Transfer orders:
In reply to Gunny Spooky (msg # 1):

"Hoorah! Let's do this!" says a rather unattractive but well built man with a goatee as he salutes.  He surveys the room quickly trying to ascertain the character of the rest of his team before he grabs his gear and heads for the transport.