Riding Into Town.   Posted by GM.Group: archive 0
GM
 GM, 19 posts
Tue 4 Oct 2016
at 16:56
Riding Into Town
Day 1 - Mid Day

Weather: Sunny


[*] Cahira Kinnat (Female Human Fighter,XP:4, Armor:2, HP:25 (16))
    Equipped: Signature Claymore(Close, Messy, Forceful, Huge, Blood-stained, Serrated(+1dmg))
    Damage: D10(+1 Signature wpn)
    Move1: Bend Bars, Lift Gates
    Move2: Once per battle you may reroll a single damage roll (yours or someone else’s).
      Status:

[*] Sintaren Earthrage (Male Halfling Druid,XP:4, Armor:1, HP:21 (14)
    Equipped: Spear(Close, Thrown, Near)
    Damage: D6
    Move1: Shapeshifter
    Move2: Spirit Tongue - Speak with plains animals
      Status:

[*] Walter (Male Immolator,XP:4, Armor:2, HP:19 (3))
    Equipped: None
    Damage: D8
    Move1: Burning Brand - Create flame weapon
    Defensive Move: Fighting fire with fire - When you take damage, and that damage is odd (after armor) the flames within you come to your aid
    Move3: Zuko Style - Bend flame to your will
      Status:

[*] Dr. Prometheus Cantrell (Male Warlock,XP:5, Armor:2(3 (Protector)), HP:18 (6)
    Equipped:Short Sword(Close)
    Damage: D6(3 hireling)
    Move1:Minion - Protector +1, Warrior +3
    Defensive Move:Fools Luck: Take dmg = +1 defy danger
      Status:Protector -1

The road descends into a small town built mostly on the near side of a broad, sluggish river. Six old stone piers jut from the water, marking the spot where a bridge once stood, but the span itself is long gone. Instead a couple of long thick ropes cross the river, each secured to a flat-bottomed ferryboat. Brown fields and green orchards surround the town.
       A group of armed townfolk-three in leather, one in mail-stands guard, watching you warily.

This message was last edited by the GM at 14:07, Wed 12 Oct 2016.

Sergeant Hersk
 NPC, 2 posts
Mon 10 Oct 2016
at 15:50
Riding Into Town
"Halt and state your business strangers!"  bellows a burly man in scale mail with a curling, waxed mustache.
Sintaren Earthrage
 PC, 16 posts
Wed 12 Oct 2016
at 14:06
Riding Into Town
Day 1 - Mid Day

Weather: Sunny


[*] Cahira Kinnat (Female Human Fighter,XP:4, Armor:2, HP:25 (16))
    Equipped: Signature Claymore(Close, Messy, Forceful, Huge, Blood-stained, Serrated(+1dmg))
    Damage: D10(+1 Signature wpn)
    Move1: Bend Bars, Lift Gates
    Move2: Once per battle you may reroll a single damage roll (yours or someone else’s).
      Status:

[*] Sintaren Earthrage (Male Halfling Druid,XP:4, Armor:1, HP:21 (14)
    Equipped: Spear(Close, Thrown, Near)
    Damage: D6
    Move1: Shapeshifter
    Move2: Spirit Tongue - Speak with plains animals
      Status:

[*] Walter (Male Immolator,XP:4, Armor:2, HP:19 (3))
    Equipped: None
    Damage: D8
    Move1: Burning Brand - Create flame weapon
    Defensive Move: Fighting fire with fire - When you take damage, and that damage is odd (after armor) the flames within you come to your aid
    Move3: Zuko Style - Bend flame to your will
      Status:

[*] Dr. Prometheus Cantrell (Male Warlock,XP:5, Armor:2(3 (Protector)), HP:18 (6)
    Equipped:Short Sword(Close)
    Damage: D6(3 hireling)
    Move1:Minion - Protector +1, Warrior +3
    Defensive Move:Fools Luck: Take dmg = +1 defy danger
      Status:Protector -1

Sintaren crawls to the front of the group and stands up on his hind legs.  "Hail and well met sir.  I am Sintaren head groundskeeper of Brindol and a council member of the druids of Eth and I come seeking the druid Avarthel.  My companions and I have been charged with Lord Jarmaath's blessing to investigate a reported uprising of goblinoids.

This message was last edited by the player at 14:11, Wed 12 Oct 2016.

Sergeant Hersk
 NPC, 3 posts
Wed 12 Oct 2016
at 14:11
Riding Into Town
Avarthel is over at the old ones on the west bank of the Elsir.  If your on a mission from Lord Jarmaath be careful friends for the woods are crawling with goblins.  I would advise staying in the safety of the town.
Walter
 PC, 21 posts
Wed 12 Oct 2016
at 14:12
Riding Into Town
Day 1 - Mid Day

Weather: Sunny


[*] Cahira Kinnat (Female Human Fighter,XP:4, Armor:2, HP:25 (16))
    Equipped: Signature Claymore(Close, Messy, Forceful, Huge, Blood-stained, Serrated(+1dmg))
    Damage: D10(+1 Signature wpn)
    Move1: Bend Bars, Lift Gates
    Move2: Once per battle you may reroll a single damage roll (yours or someone else’s).
      Status:

[*] Sintaren Earthrage (Male Halfling Druid,XP:4, Armor:1, HP:21 (14)
    Equipped: Spear(Close, Thrown, Near)
    Damage: D6
    Move1: Shapeshifter
    Move2: Spirit Tongue - Speak with plains animals
      Status:

[*] Walter (Male Immolator,XP:4, Armor:2, HP:19 (3))
    Equipped: None
    Damage: D8
    Move1: Burning Brand - Create flame weapon
    Defensive Move: Fighting fire with fire - When you take damage, and that damage is odd (after armor) the flames within you come to your aid
    Move3: Zuko Style - Bend flame to your will
      Status:

[*] Dr. Prometheus Cantrell (Male Warlock,XP:5, Armor:2(3 (Protector)), HP:18 (6)
    Equipped:Short Sword(Close)
    Damage: D6(3 hireling)
    Move1:Minion - Protector +1, Warrior +3
    Defensive Move:Fools Luck: Take dmg = +1 defy danger
      Status:Protector -1

We just fought and killed a large pack of hobgoblins we will be fine. Walter says in a cocky boasting manner.

This message was last updated by the player at 14:12, Wed 12 Oct 2016.

Cahira Kinnat
 PC, 13 posts
Wed 12 Oct 2016
at 14:13
Riding Into Town
Day 1 - Mid Day

Weather: Sunny


[*] Cahira Kinnat (Female Human Fighter,XP:4, Armor:2, HP:25 (16))
    Equipped: Signature Claymore(Close, Messy, Forceful, Huge, Blood-stained, Serrated(+1dmg))
    Damage: D10(+1 Signature wpn)
    Move1: Bend Bars, Lift Gates
    Move2: Once per battle you may reroll a single damage roll (yours or someone else’s).
      Status:

[*] Sintaren Earthrage (Male Halfling Druid,XP:4, Armor:1, HP:21 (14)
    Equipped: Spear(Close, Thrown, Near)
    Damage: D6
    Move1: Shapeshifter
    Move2: Spirit Tongue - Speak with plains animals
      Status:

[*] Walter (Male Immolator,XP:4, Armor:2, HP:19 (3))
    Equipped: None
    Damage: D8
    Move1: Burning Brand - Create flame weapon
    Defensive Move: Fighting fire with fire - When you take damage, and that damage is odd (after armor) the flames within you come to your aid
    Move3: Zuko Style - Bend flame to your will
      Status:

[*] Dr. Prometheus Cantrell (Male Warlock,XP:5, Armor:2(3 (Protector)), HP:18 (6)
    Equipped:Short Sword(Close)
    Damage: D6(3 hireling)
    Move1:Minion - Protector +1, Warrior +3
    Defensive Move:Fools Luck: Take dmg = +1 defy danger
      Status:Protector -1

Cahira stands protectively near Sintaren but as long as no insults or violence are hurled his way she stays absolutely silent.
Dr. Prometheus Cantrell
 PC, 18 posts
Wed 12 Oct 2016
at 14:15
Riding Into Town
Day 1 - Mid Day

Weather: Sunny


[*] Cahira Kinnat (Female Human Fighter,XP:4, Armor:2, HP:25 (16))
    Equipped: Signature Claymore(Close, Messy, Forceful, Huge, Blood-stained, Serrated(+1dmg))
    Damage: D10(+1 Signature wpn)
    Move1: Bend Bars, Lift Gates
    Move2: Once per battle you may reroll a single damage roll (yours or someone else’s).
      Status:

[*] Sintaren Earthrage (Male Halfling Druid,XP:4, Armor:1, HP:21 (14)
    Equipped: Spear(Close, Thrown, Near)
    Damage: D6
    Move1: Shapeshifter
    Move2: Spirit Tongue - Speak with plains animals
      Status:

[*] Walter (Male Immolator,XP:4, Armor:2, HP:19 (3))
    Equipped: None
    Damage: D8
    Move1: Burning Brand - Create flame weapon
    Defensive Move: Fighting fire with fire - When you take damage, and that damage is odd (after armor) the flames within you come to your aid
    Move3: Zuko Style - Bend flame to your will
      Status:

[*] Dr. Prometheus Cantrell (Male Warlock,XP:5, Armor:2(3 (Protector)), HP:18 (6)
    Equipped:Short Sword(Close)
    Damage: D6(3 hireling)
    Move1:Minion - Protector +1, Warrior +3
    Defensive Move:Fools Luck: Take dmg = +1 defy danger
      Status:Protector -1

Prometheus stays quiet hoping to draw as little attention as possible to himself or his strange companion.
Sergeant Hersk
 NPC, 4 posts
Fri 14 Oct 2016
at 14:53
Riding Into Town
Indeed? Where? Bands of those murderous savages have been skulking near the town for days now. You're lucky you came through it!  Sergeant Hersk rubs the end of his waxed mustache in deep contemplation then his gaze turns towards Sintaren.

I won't deny that we're in a hard spot, and you look like capable sorts especially if Jarmaath agreed to employ you.  When you have finished meeting with Avarthel go to the Old Toll House - that's the big stone building, there - and ask for Captain Soranna.

This message was last edited by the player at 15:14, Mon 17 Oct 2016.

GM
 GM, 21 posts
Mon 17 Oct 2016
at 15:29
Riding Into Town
The party thanks Sergeant Hersk for his information and are allowed to enter Drellin's Ferry.

Sintaren immediately heads towards where Hersk indicated Avarthel was located.  Cahira went with him not willing to leave the druid's side.

Walter and Prometheus walk around town until they come across an inn named the "Old Bridge Inn."  They head inside and get rooms for the evening.
GM
 GM, 22 posts
Mon 17 Oct 2016
at 15:30
Riding Into Town
Sintaren and Cahira approach A small clearing in the woods on the west bank of the Elsir.  There is an old circle of small menhirs and a male half-elf tending the grove.

This message was last updated by the GM at 15:40, Mon 17 Oct 2016.

Sintaren Earthrage
 PC, 17 posts
Mon 17 Oct 2016
at 15:36
Riding Into Town
Avarthel, my friend how are you doing today? Sintaren crawls over to Avarthel and gives they each bow to each other warmly.
Cahira Kinnat
 PC, 14 posts
Mon 17 Oct 2016
at 15:36
Riding Into Town
Cahira stands silent and quiet her eyes locked in on Avarthel.
Avarthel
 NPC, 1 post
Mon 17 Oct 2016
at 15:39
Riding Into Town
Avarthel smiles at Sintaren but feels a bit unnerved as Cahira stares him down.

Im quite fine friend, just tending to the grove here.  What brings the gardener of Brindol to the small town of Drellin's Ferry?

Avarthel glances at Cahira a few times and then looks back towards Sintaren. Who is your friend Sintaren?  She doesnt look like one of our order.
Sintaren Earthrage
 PC, 18 posts
Mon 17 Oct 2016
at 15:42
Riding Into Town
Sintaren chuckles a bit and pushes Cahira back a tad.  Calm yourself Cahira Avarthel is a friend.  he then turns his attention to Avarthel. This is my companion Cahira she has sworn to protect me and she can be a bit overprotective at times. Sintaren chuckles some more before his face turns somber.

Unfortunately I don't come for pleasantries.  You remember the last meeting of the Order of Eth there was discussion of a goblin uprising?
Avarthel
 NPC, 2 posts
Mon 17 Oct 2016
at 16:00
Riding Into Town
Avarthel nods an uncomfortable greeting towards Cahira takes a step or two back and then turns back towards Sintaren.

Yes, I believe you were going to speak with Lord Jarmaath about the matter.  Has something happened, are the rumors true?
Sintaren Earthrage
 PC, 19 posts
Mon 17 Oct 2016
at 16:00
Riding Into Town
I cannot make any promises as of yet Avarthel but we were just assaulted by Goblins that is why my friend and I are so battered and bruised up. Jarmaath sent us to investigate and so that is why we are here.

This message was last edited by the player at 16:03, Mon 17 Oct 2016.

Avarthel
 NPC, 2 posts
Mon 17 Oct 2016
at 16:04
Riding Into Town
A look of fear and concern crosses Avarthel's face. This is horrible Sintaren, I am glad to see you arrived safely.  You must meet with Captain Sorrana and Speaker Wiston as soon as you can.

This message was last updated by the player at 16:04, Mon 17 Oct 2016.

Dr. Prometheus Cantrell
 PC, 19 posts
Mon 17 Oct 2016
at 16:09
Riding Into Town
Dr Prometheus enters the Old Bridge inn and finds it to be a bustling inn run by a group of halflings known as the Shadowbanks family. Among the many people relaxing and talking the day away there are several groups of people gambling, playing a game they call '3 Dragon's Ante'.

Prometheus approaches the innkeep Kellin Shadowbanks a fair looking Halfling man and purchases a room for the week for himself and his party.  Prometheus's companion gets many odd glares and stares but none decide to speak up.  He then proceeds up to the room to rest and recover.

This message was last edited by the player at 16:14, Mon 17 Oct 2016.

Walter
 PC, 22 posts
Mon 17 Oct 2016
at 16:11
Riding Into Town
Walter walks into the inn and finds himself enamored with the thought of setting the wooden building on fire the thought of flames licking across flesh and wood exciting his sensibilities.  The sound of Prometheus digging out the gold brings Walter out of his trance and he proceeds up to their room with Prometheus.
Sintaren Earthrage
 PC, 20 posts
Mon 17 Oct 2016
at 16:13
Riding Into Town
Considering how small of a town Drellin's Ferry is it's an easy tracking job to find where Prometheus and Walter have holed up.  He along with Cahira join them in their inn room.