OOC Discussion.   Posted by Castle Keeper.Group: 0
Jack
 player, 115 posts
Fri 5 Jan 2018
at 01:48
Re: OOC Discussion
I was thinking of just fighting in the side room, where there is room to fight. The downside is that we're stuck there until all the bad guys are dead.

Moving north doesn't seem like a good idea because we're stuck fighting one or two abreast in tight quarters.

I hadn't considered going back, but the original room with the fish people wouldn't be a bad place to make a stand, at least there we'll have a way out. Wouldn't we have to go through the magic darkness again though?
Dreya
 player, 402 posts
 Level 2 Druid
Fri 5 Jan 2018
at 03:11
Re: OOC Discussion
That, and the mist and clanking was coming towards us from the south. That is why I thought it started feeling like whichever we turned were large amounts of enemies. Say we retreat to find that fish guy room now filled with enemies. Then there we are, bottle-necked in a cooridor with these guys from the north running at us and new bad guys we encounter trying to go back. I mean, SOMETHING was causing the clanking.

Which I felt taking out some numbers now would be wise. All you toughie characters were cleaving through the mist-swimming-sharks and bipedal fish men with relative ease. The only battle that gave us trouble was actually fighting Oswald. Because again, bottle-necking.

Just a few of my thoughts. I will of course go with the majority.
Elwood
 player, 314 posts
 Human Cleric, 2nd Level
Fri 5 Jan 2018
at 05:23
Re: OOC Discussion
So, looking at the CK's map, I think we're past the side alter alcove and in another room further north.  My vote is to stay in that room and use the bottlenecks to our advantage - only facing one bad guy from either direction.  Cole and Jack can fight off whatever comes from the north, and Elwood and Seline can face anthing coming from the south (Seline can fall back if she gets to hurt).  Dreya and Anthony can be in the middle for spell support/reinforcements.  I've attempted an ASCII map.

    Bad Guys
      | |
 _____| |_____
 !    C J     !
 !            !
 !    D  A    !
 !            !
 !____E S_____!
      | |
      | |

    Bad Guys

Elwood
 player, 315 posts
 Human Cleric, 2nd Level
Fri 5 Jan 2018
at 05:28
Re: OOC Discussion
Of course, I'm assuming that bad guys are definitely coming up from the south, Elwood and others can re-position behind Cole and Jack if no one is coming from the south.
Anthony
 player, 275 posts
 Spells: Lvl0 4/4
 Lvl1 1/4 Lvl2 0/2
Fri 5 Jan 2018
at 16:23
Re: OOC Discussion
Works for me.
Seline
 player, 156 posts
 Spells 4/4 0 lvl 4/4 1lvl
 1/1 2 lvl
Fri 5 Jan 2018
at 19:30
Re: OOC Discussion
I like Elwood's plan and it seems to be agreed upon so let's go with that.

Edit: Anthony and Dreya should probably make a concious effort when they are in the middle of the room to avoid standing underneath the unholy symbol and keep an eye on that.

This message was last edited by the player at 19:32, Fri 05 Jan 2018.

Castle Keeper
 GM, 469 posts
Fri 5 Jan 2018
at 23:34
Re: OOC Discussion
Quick situational clarification: The magical darkness, at least to the limits of your vision in the mist, seems to have lifted.  Presumably destroying the mystery organ on the altar had something to do with it since the darkness lifted right after you destroyed the organ.
Anthony
 player, 276 posts
 Spells: Lvl0 4/4
 Lvl1 1/4 Lvl2 0/2
Sat 6 Jan 2018
at 00:21
Re: OOC Discussion
Seline:
Edit: Anthony and Dreya should probably make a concious effort when they are in the middle of the room to avoid standing underneath the unholy symbol and keep an eye on that.


Noted!
Anthony
 player, 280 posts
 Spells: Lvl0 4/4
 Lvl1 3/4 Lvl2 2/2
Tue 23 Jan 2018
at 15:43
Re: OOC Discussion
I may be busy for the next day or two, so if we turn a round around quickly, assume Anthony will, first and foremost, follow the others in fleeing. If the party is cornered, he will throw a magical dart at the first dangerous-looking enemy--something more dangerous than a normal humanoid (like, say, a flying shark). He's not wasting a magic dart on a human rabble.
Castle Keeper
 GM, 481 posts
Sun 28 Jan 2018
at 21:16
Re: OOC Discussion
I will be deeply involved with work this week.  I probably won't be able to post before the weekend.
Anthony
 player, 283 posts
 Spells: Lvl0 4/4
 Lvl1 3/4 Lvl2 2/2
Tue 6 Feb 2018
at 00:30
Re: OOC Discussion
Very busy week myself--I will update as able, probably not more than once or twice.
Dreya
 player, 412 posts
 Level 2 Druid
Fri 9 Feb 2018
at 00:54
Re: OOC Discussion
My 9 week old puppy got attacked by a dog (not by my older pooch) and has to have surgery to try and fix some trauma he received inside his mouth. I am a bit frazzled...so will post as soon as I can read through everything and actually pay attention to detail.
Elwood
 player, 321 posts
 Human Cleric, 2nd Level
Fri 9 Feb 2018
at 04:55
Re: OOC Discussion
Dreya, sorry about your puppy, and I hope he recovers and isn't traumatized too much.

I just had one of those very bad, terrible days at work.  I'll try to post tomorrow.
Castle Keeper
 GM, 484 posts
Fri 9 Feb 2018
at 13:26
Re: OOC Discussion
That's horrible!  So sorry to hear about your puppy.  :-(
Anthony
 player, 286 posts
 Spells: Lvl0 4/4
 Lvl1 3/4 Lvl2 2/2
Fri 9 Feb 2018
at 19:10
Re: OOC Discussion
Sorry to hear about your puppy's troubles, Dreya. Hope the little fellow bounces back quickly.
Jack
 player, 123 posts
Sat 10 Feb 2018
at 04:46
Re: OOC Discussion
Oh no! Sorry to hear it, I hope things turn out ok in the end. Hang in there!
Dreya
 player, 413 posts
 Level 2 Druid
Sat 10 Feb 2018
at 21:19
Re: OOC Discussion
So, a tooth punctured a saliva gland and caused it to swell up like a huge blood blister that filled the entite length of his lower jaw on the left side of his tongue. It made it impossible for him to lap up liquids, and I ended up syringing him chicken broth just to get fluids in him Thursday. So Friday morning the vet put him under to open that up.

Moon bounded back to 100% already. Yay! I am going over to the main story now to post an action. Thanks for all the well wishes!
Anthony
 player, 287 posts
 Spells: Lvl0 4/4
 Lvl1 3/4 Lvl2 2/2
Sun 11 Feb 2018
at 19:27
Re: OOC Discussion
Unexpectedly tiring weekend--had to drive home 11 hours after a flight was canceled and its rescheduled flight was also canceled. More from me tomorrow.
Jack
 player, 125 posts
Mon 12 Feb 2018
at 21:43
Re: OOC Discussion
Hey Dreya, very glad to hear that the puppy is doing better! Huzzah!
Jack
 player, 126 posts
Mon 12 Feb 2018
at 21:49
Re: OOC Discussion
Leave of Absence

So, hopefully if everything goes well tomorrow, I will be a first time father.

My wife is unexpectedly scheduled for a C-section and will be laid up for a bit. As such, free time (and sleep) will be on very short supply for a while.

I'll need to take an indefinite leave of absence from the game while I take care of our expanding family.

I'm not sure about a timetable for possible return, as I'll have to see how things go, how everyone is feeling, and what the new state of my life is going to be for the next few weeks.

Feel free to do with Jack as the CK sees fit. NPC him, get a replacement player, have him fade into the background, or even a semi-heroic death are all fine. I will try to pop in again when I'm able to give everyone a status update.

In the meantime, good luck, and roll well!
Elwood
 player, 323 posts
 Human Cleric, 2nd Level
Mon 12 Feb 2018
at 21:58
Re: OOC Discussion
Congratulations!!
Castle Keeper
 GM, 487 posts
Tue 13 Feb 2018
at 14:02
Re: OOC Discussion
Damn, dude.  It's called priorities.  ;-)

Congratulations and good luck with the C-section.
Anthony
 player, 289 posts
 Spells: Lvl0 4/4
 Lvl1 3/4 Lvl2 2/2
Wed 14 Feb 2018
at 01:01
Re: OOC Discussion
Congrats, Jack! :-)

Crazy busy the next day or two--I may not be able to update 'til Thursday.
Jack
 player, 127 posts
Wed 14 Feb 2018
at 01:04
Re: OOC Discussion
It's a boy! Mom and baby are doing well. Mandatory hospital stay for several days, but things are starting off right.

Just...wow!
Elwood
 player, 324 posts
 Human Cleric, 2nd Level
Wed 14 Feb 2018
at 06:03
Re: OOC Discussion
Glad to hear everything went well.