Milk Run.   Posted by GM.Group: archive 0
Hep Kresim
 player, 163 posts
 Duros Scoundrel
Sun 25 Jun 2017
at 13:46
Re: Spaceport Eriadu
In reply to GM (msg # 413):

OOC: When I'm done with my repairs can I give Mordun an assist?

GM
 GM, 199 posts
 Game Master
 Big Dub...
Mon 26 Jun 2017
at 04:38
Re: Spaceport Eriadu
In reply to Hep Kresim (msg # 414):

OOC:  You can assist, but you're going to need more than an assist to get that fixed now...
Hep Kresim
 player, 164 posts
 Duros Scoundrel
Mon 26 Jun 2017
at 08:22
Re: Spaceport Eriadu
In reply to GM (msg # 415):

OOC: Should I make the roll now or is there any other turn of events we have to work out first?
GM
 GM, 200 posts
 Game Master
 Big Dub...
Mon 26 Jun 2017
at 19:14
Re: Spaceport Eriadu
OOC: So, only a few mere seconds have passed.  As good of a mechanic roll as Hep made, he's not going to effect the repair in seconds or even a few minutes.  You also have the 'shadow' nagging you...
Mordun Tes
 player, 129 posts
Mon 26 Jun 2017
at 20:19
Re: Spaceport Eriadu
Visibly shaken by the enormity of his situation, Mordun attempts to simultaneously jam his thumb into the leaking hydraulic line, keep an eye on the shadow, and nervously push a rag around on the floor with his foot to mop up the large and spreading spill. In the end, he does all of them poorly and ends up spraying a couple liters of the blue fluid down the front of his flight suit...

"Hep, I need some help here. Bring some clamps. We've got a leak."
GM
 GM, 201 posts
 Game Master
 Big Dub...
Mon 26 Jun 2017
at 21:02
Re: Spaceport Eriadu
The shadow puts a hand to her mouth, seeming to stifle a laugh.  She then reaches up and pulls back her hood...
Kit
 NPC, 1 post
 Scratch your eyes out...
Mon 26 Jun 2017
at 21:06
Re: Spaceport Eriadu
A human female with alabaster skin and bright red hair like her full pouty lips quips, "Looks like you sprung a leak, may be we can help each other out..."

She's attractive enough for a human, but your core crew are all non-human at least in the "traditional" sense.  Nonetheless, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

This message was last edited by the GM at 18:38, Thu 29 June 2017.

Hep Kresim
 player, 165 posts
 Duros Scoundrel
Wed 28 Jun 2017
at 13:50
Re: Spaceport Eriadu
In reply to Kit (msg # 420):

After completing the vent repairs Hep walks over to Mordun and the landing gear to assess what other tools he might need to make the repairs to the landing gear.  Half of his face is still swollen and bruised from getting bludgeoned half to death by a rifle butt, a strand of bloodied gauze hangs out of one nostril.  He examines the human female as he approaches Mordun. As he reaches the landing gear he looks at Mordun covered in hydraulic fluid, then at the landing gear, then at Mordun again. "How did you do that?" He asks.
OOC: UPDATE!!!! Oops sorry, strike this post. Hep will continue to seal the vent completely, a vent that is in 'working condition' against the vacuum of space doesn't sound good...its funny to space other people but not yourself

This message was last edited by the player at 14:15, Sat 01 July 2017.

Aria
 NPC, 35 posts
 Arkanian
Thu 29 Jun 2017
at 18:41
Re: Spaceport Eriadu
Aria comes over the comms, ~"The shadow is approaching, do you wish me to neutralize her?"~
Jimmi
 NPC, 13 posts
 Near Human Fixer
 Jimmi Klaas
Thu 29 Jun 2017
at 18:45
Re: Spaceport Eriadu
At the exact moment Aria is asking to smoke the redheaded chick, Jimmi comes down the passenger ramp and spots the fiery-haired woman.  He seems to blink hard a couple of times before he seems to decidedly walk up to her.  With a hand raised and waving slightly he addresses her (since no one else will...), "'Ello there.  Greetings.  And who might you be?" he says with an obvious attempt at sounding...interesting.
Mordun Tes
 player, 130 posts
Tue 4 Jul 2017
at 18:22
Re: Spaceport Eriadu


To the shadow: "Ummm...no...I think I know how to fix this..." Mordun says with a doubtful tone while looking down at the growing puddle and stroking the tip of one of his horns thoughtfully.

On comms: "Aria, keep an eye on her. Jimmi is going to check her out."

Mordun then bends down to try to repair the broken hose again.

14:15, Today: Mordun Tes rolled 8 using 1d20+7.  Mechanic Check.

OOC: Unbelieveable! I rolled another 1 on my Mechanics Check!

As he bends down, Mordun slips on the spilled fluid and loses his balance. As he falls, he instinctively reaches out to grab onto something. That something ends up being the broken hose which, rather than supporting him, pulls out of its mounting clips as he falls and tears as it catches on a jagged piece of metal protruding from the damaged landing strut.
GM
 GM, 205 posts
 Game Master
 Big Dub...
Tue 4 Jul 2017
at 21:47
Re: Spaceport Eriadu
Jimmi:
At the exact moment Aria is asking to smoke the redheaded chick, Jimmi comes down the passenger ramp and spots the fiery-haired woman.  He seems to blink hard a couple of times before he seems to decidedly walk up to her.  With a hand raised and waving slightly he addresses her (since no one else will...), "'Ello there.  Greetings.  And who might you be?" he says with an obvious attempt at sounding...interesting.

The shadow puts a hand up indicating to Jimmi to 'stop'.  She replied, "Whoa there space cowboy, stay back."

Jimmi appeared to have a hurt look on his face at the obvious rejection.  He put his hands up in a somewhat universal sign of surrender, "Sorry, sorry, I'm not gonna hurt ya."

As Mordun unceremoniously slips and seems to make the damage to the hydraulics worse a sickening creaking sound of grinding metal echoes from the ship and throughout the mostly empty but rubble-filled warehouse bay.  Just before the landing gear metal seems to almost crumble under the shifted weight of the ship itself tipping it forward...

A bright flash of lightning and a thunderous clap seem to emphasize the impending doom!

OOC:  Mordun, please make a reflex roll flat-footed.
Mordun Tes
 player, 132 posts
Tue 4 Jul 2017
at 23:09
Re: Spaceport Eriadu
OOC: I don't know what modifier being flat-footed incurs so below is an unmodified roll. My Reflex Defense is 18. Please modify accordingly:

19:06, Today: Mordun Tes rolled 2 using 1d20.  Unmodified Reflex Defense Roll.


Looking up in horror as the ship lurches forward on its crumpling landing gear, Mordun claws at the ground trying to get out of the way but the hydraulic fluid spill keeps him from getting any traction...
GM
 GM, 208 posts
 Game Master
 Big Dub...
Thu 6 Jul 2017
at 02:23
Re: Spaceport Eriadu
Mordun seems to be scrambling for traction for an eternity, but really it's just a split-second as he manages to grab a hold of some friction as he propels himself just to the other side of the crushed landing gear like a fast-moving Agr from Kashyyyk just in a nick of time.

It almost seems like the ship is coming down on top of him, but he's just inside the angle that prevents him from being crushed.  The front end of the ship lurches forward over the now crumbling and broken landing gear crashing to the abandoned warehouse floor with a thunderous boom to rival the storm brewing outside.

Looks like the crew of The Reaper may be staying a little while longer than anticipated on Eriadu...
Hep Kresim
 player, 166 posts
 Duros Scoundrel
Thu 6 Jul 2017
at 13:28
Re: Spaceport Eriadu
In reply to GM (msg # 427):

14:59, Today: Hep Kresim rolled 1 using 1d20.  Reflex defense.
Does Hep fall off the ship?
GM
 GM, 209 posts
 Game Master
 Big Dub...
Thu 6 Jul 2017
at 19:46
Re: Spaceport Eriadu
Hep, while straddling the back of the ship working on the vent barely notices the groan of metal...just before he's flung several feet in the air by the tipping of the front end.  Luckily or perhaps unluckily it was not enough to throw him over the craft itself, but instead he face plants smashing his already bloodied face in to the turret.  All he can see before his vision blurs and he passes out for a minute is Aria just looking at him deadpan as his bloodied face leaves streaks on the turret transparisteel as it slides down...

OOC: Hep, 2 0 damage...to your face...

BTW, Hep only losses vision/consciousness for a second.

This message was last edited by the GM at 05:33, Sat 08 July 2017.

Mordun Tes
 player, 134 posts
Thu 6 Jul 2017
at 22:19
Re: Spaceport Eriadu
OOC: That image made me laugh out loud. Sorry Hep.
Mordun Tes
 player, 135 posts
Thu 6 Jul 2017
at 22:20
Re: Spaceport Eriadu
Mordun jumps up and raises his hands in the air. "It wasn't me!"

He then slowly turns toward the shadow: "You don't have any heavy repair equipment, do you?"
Kit
 NPC, 2 posts
 Scratch your eyes out...
Sat 8 Jul 2017
at 05:32
Re: Spaceport Eriadu
"The shadow" is crouched back behind the rubble pile you first spotted her in with an 'uh-oh' look on her face, likely astonished at the sudden crashing of the front end of your ship.

Mordun Tes:
Mordun jumps up and raises his hands in the air. "It wasn't me!"

He then slowly turns toward the shadow: "You don't have any heavy repair equipment, do you?"

At first she just shakes her head as she stands, puts her hand on her hips with a little lean she seems to consider the situation for a moment, "So, now you need my help huh?  Ok, let's talk..."
Hep Kresim
 player, 167 posts
 Duros Scoundrel
Sun 9 Jul 2017
at 09:49
Re: Spaceport Eriadu
In reply to GM (msg # 429):

Hep lays on the hull and blinks for a minute "Ow." he says in a soft resigned way.
Jimmi
 NPC, 14 posts
 Near Human Fixer
 Jimmi Klaas
Thu 13 Jul 2017
at 00:10
Re: Spaceport Eriadu
Jimmi turns expectantly to Mordun, "So what do we need?"
Hep Kresim
 player, 168 posts
 Duros Scoundrel
Thu 13 Jul 2017
at 10:22
Re: Spaceport Eriadu
In reply to Hep Kresim (msg # 433):

OOC: Please me know when the repair turn is over.
Mordun Tes
 player, 136 posts
Sun 16 Jul 2017
at 00:49
Re: Spaceport Eriadu
I answer Jimmi as best I can:

20:48, Today: Mordun Tes rolled 23 using 1d20+7.  Mechanic Check.
Hep Kresim
 player, 170 posts
 Duros Scoundrel
Sun 16 Jul 2017
at 06:24
Re: Spaceport Eriadu
In reply to Mordun Tes (msg # 436):

Hep shouts down to Mordun "hey I just have to finish the exterior vent and then I can assist." As he works on the vent.
Mordun Tes
 player, 137 posts
Thu 20 Jul 2017
at 01:57
Re: Spaceport Eriadu
Mordun quietly to Jimmi: "See if she has what we need or knows where we can find it. And don't tell her too much"