Milk Run.   Posted by GM.Group: archive 0
GM
 GM, 8 posts
 Game Master
 - Werner
Fri 21 Oct 2016
at 23:44
Milk Run
Milk Run, that’s what pilots often referred to as a routine trip or delivery.  At the same time, no one liked to say it, because pilots were often more superstitious than your usual lot.  Already, the run didn’t start out right as your usual co-pilot, the enigmatic Iktotchi, Morden, had to bow out this trip due to a bout of undercooked collypods.  It wasn’t going to be much of a trip anyway, delivering some Elba grain from Enarc storage to Eriadu for some of the breweries amongst the other industries there.  Easy day, but long enough you would have to spend the night to avoid flying too much leading to pilot fatigue under Imperial regulation.  You didn’t get the complaints some made about the relatively new Empire.  It was just a change in name to you compared to the Republic.  Right?

Well, at least Morden’s stand in wasn’t bad to look at, albeit she was a bit too quiet.  Luckily it was a short trip and you had plenty of maintenance to do in flight.

This message was last edited by the GM at 01:31, Sat 22 Oct 2016.

GM
 GM, 9 posts
 Game Master
 - Werner
Fri 21 Oct 2016
at 23:56
Milk Run
On Enarc - Prior to Departure...

You couldn't help but watch as she gracefully sauntered across the platform.  Her white pupilless eyes indicating she was an Arkanian.  You couldn't believe it, but she was making a beeline for you and your ship, The Reaper.

She is a young vibrantly beautiful Arkanian woman in her early twenties or even late teens.  Her light and lithe but ample frame is well proportioned to her 1.8 meter height with a clearly physically fit physique.  Her simple black hair is naturally highlighted with a lighter cool dark blue much like her personality, and is shoulder length but is usually tied up in a pony tail due to her active lifestyle.  Luminescent white eyes that reflect an inner intensity appear sensuously beneath long dark eyelashes that are set into her almond shaped eyes accented by thin and even naturally arched brows.  Lightly tanned skin speaks more of her active lifestyle yet still seems well taken care of and soft.  She wears no make-up for her natural beauty is quite enough with pouty naturally red fine full lips and a petite nose that are placed perfectly on her heart shaped face giving her an additional touch of sensual beauty that glows with a charisma all of it's own.

She is currently wearing a simple space-farers garb with a long-sleeve shirt in black with a large gray strip across her chest which clings nicely to her feminine form.  Over that is a matching black light-weight waist jacket, which on occasion flaps open revealing a shoulder holster for a blaster pistol.  Black form fitting pants round out her provocative appearance despite the simple adornings.  She is accessorized with black calf boots and a standard utility belt.
Aria
 NPC, 1 post
 Arkanian
Fri 21 Oct 2016
at 23:58
Milk Run
Aria nods to Hep, being a tad taller she leans to one side, hand on her hip.  A quiet, feminine voice asks, "Are you Hep?"
Hep
 player, 1 post
 Beginnings
Sun 23 Oct 2016
at 05:33
Milk Run
In reply to Aria (msg # 4):
"Why yes I am."  He replies closing a panel he was inspecting on the Reaper.  "Hep. Hep Kresim, what can I do for you?".  Hep extends his hand toward Aria in the universal human greeting.  While outwardly friendly Hep is still a little suspicious by nature and quickly visually scan aria for anything that might be out of place for a young independent spacer type, a military or restricted weapon, an expensive high end device on her personal or clothes that are brand new and that havent been slept in for a few days.
Aria
 NPC, 2 posts
 Arkanian
Mon 24 Oct 2016
at 04:48
Milk Run
Aria looks at the extended hand as if comprehension of it's purpose took a second.  Taking her hand off her hip she returns the customary human greeting with a rather firm grip and one short, curt shake before disengaging.  If one were observant, and Hep is, you might get the feeling of a social awkwardness -- are Arkanians like this, or perhaps this one grew up under a rock somewhere?  She blinks rapidly for a second before speaking again, "I'm your new pilot, temporary.  Guy with the horns is sick." deadpan, perhaps again socially awkward. You quickly deduce she's talking about Morden of course, and you already knew he was out sick since he called you on your comlink already.  Luckily today it was an easy delivery run of Ebla grain to Eriadu, although that dirty planet always gave you a bad feeling, and this was going to be an overnighter.  At least your new, temp pilot wasn't hard to look at, although you've got to wonder what the cockpit conversation is going to be like...

OOC:  I'll spare the perception check.  You can easily tell she has a blaster pistol in a shoulder rig under her jacket, and the social awkwardness was already mentioned.  Her clothes appear neat and clean, albeit a bit worn like she doesn't own too many outfits or favors this one.
Hep
 player, 2 posts
 Beginnings
Mon 24 Oct 2016
at 06:29
Milk Run
In reply to Aria (msg # 6):
"Yeah,  I told him the collypods didnt look right, but he eats anything you put in front of him.  I just finished the hull inspection, if you are ready now we can do the preflight check and be on our way to Enarc."  Hep replies walking toward the gangplank. "I'd like to get moving, I have maintenance check to get through once we are off."
Once abroad Hep sits in the captains seat begins casually flicking toggles and pressing buttons on various instrument panels.  He turns his attention to the navi computer and asks Aria without looking up: "So have you been flying in the outer rim for a long time?"

This message was last edited by the player at 17:34, Mon 24 Oct 2016.

Aria
 NPC, 3 posts
 Arkanian
Mon 24 Oct 2016
at 19:26
Milk Run
Aria nods and follows Hep onto The Reaper and into the cockpit.  Dropping a small backpack she jumps right into the co-pilot's seat and begins running down the standard pre-flight cockpit checklist.  When Hep asks his last question, she seems to pause in mid-stroke of some switch for a split second, after which she continues her checks.  Without looking over she answers slowly, perhaps measured, "Outer Rim?  Not very long.  And you? in a perfect case of deflection or maybe she really is interested (?).
Hep
 player, 3 posts
 Beginnings
Tue 25 Oct 2016
at 12:49
Milk Run
In reply to Aria (msg # 8):

"Lately I've been in the outer rim, but for the past couple years its been back and forth between mid and outer rim.  Mostly we haul agricultural stuff, moisture condenser parts to Tattooine every so often, brought caf from Garqi to the mid rim once, that was a long trip.  What are you usually piloting for: cargo or transport?"
Hep turns slightly to look at her face as she answers, attempting to determine if she is lying when she responds
Perception Roll
14:46, Today: Hep rolled 3 using 1d20. + 4 = 7
[Private to GM: Thats a bad roll. Hope she doesnt notice.]
Aria
 NPC, 3 posts
 Arkanian
Wed 26 Oct 2016
at 04:52
Milk Run
Aria nods at your reply. You look for some indication of deception, but you can't really tell anything in fact as she curtly replies, "A little of both."  This is going to be a "fun" trip with Ms. Personality here...

She continues to run down the checklist and is done in record time, she didn't even have to look at a reference.  You can check her work if you want, but she let's you know, "Pre-flight Done."  She turns to you and asks, "Where can I put my belongings?"

This message was last updated by the GM at 04:52, Wed 26 Oct 2016.

Hep
 player, 4 posts
 Beginnings
Wed 26 Oct 2016
at 06:21
Milk Run
In reply to Aria (msg # 10):

"Since it's just the two of us, take the Starboard Dormitory, I'll be in the Port dormitory." Replies Hep, thinking 'well if she turns out to be a spy or a hitman she'll be easier to space that way'.  "So once you have your gear stowed  lets get going.  I'll program the navi computer now and once we are in hyper space you can take the helm and I can run down my maintenance list.".  Hep does a spot check of her preflight checks just make sure they are right and there isn't anything amiss.

OOC By the way I changed Heps' height, Duros are supposed to be tall but I had him @ 1.5 M for some reason.

This message was last edited by the player at 07:07, Wed 26 Oct 2016.

Aria
 NPC, 4 posts
 Arkanian
Thu 27 Oct 2016
at 03:32
Milk Run
Aria nods at the sleeping arrangements.  At the behest to stow her gear she nods again and gets up grabbing her bag.  She pauses a moment before turning in the cockpit doorway and simply says, "Thank you.  Hep." a smile, however a bit awkward, slowly creeps up the corners of her mouth.  Maybe cute, but certainly a bit socially awkward -- unless of course she's there to kill you...

Without waiting for a reply she turns and heads into the belly of the Reaper to apparently stow her gear.

You take that time to double-check her work, which seems to be flawlessly executed, not that it was very difficult.

[Private to Hep: OOC: You can insert private messages in the post too, especially when we have more players and you don't want them to see something...

No problem on his height.  Now you get to be taller than her. =)

So, before we 'take off' in game, this would be the time to get Russ/Morden in.
]
Hep
 player, 5 posts
 Beginnings
Thu 27 Oct 2016
at 06:32
Milk Run
In reply to Aria (msg # 12):

quote:
Without waiting for a reply she turns and heads into the belly of the Reaper to apparently stow her gear.

OOC: ...Or to sabotage the engine room...
Morden
 player, 2 posts
Wed 2 Nov 2016
at 16:57
Milk Run
"Wow! You should have seen what I just did to the head. I think I crapped out a Jawa," says Mordun entering the cockpit, looking down and skipping slightly while trying to shake a long line of toilet paper from his left boot.

Looking up, "Whoa, sorry about the language ma'am. Welcome aboard...I'm Mordun," holding out a hand still wet. The hand dryer in the Reaper's head hasn't worked for months. Core Galaxy Systems, the manufacturers of the Dynamic Class freighters recalled them ages ago for bad wiring but it never seemed like a priority. Mordun thinks to himself, "I really have to go in there and see if I can work out a fix sometime."
Aria
 NPC, 5 posts
 Arkanian
Wed 2 Nov 2016
at 19:33
Milk Run
Aria 'bumps' into Mordun just before the passageway to the cockpit, stepping out of the way as the large Iktotchi bursts in.  The verbiage coming out of Mordun's mouth doesn't compute with his mostly frightening visage, but Aria doesn't seem to bat an eye at the disparity.  Her head does cock to one side, as if a bit curious, perhaps the first time she's seen an Iktotchi, at least maybe this close.  The ship has generally tight quarters and the doorway to the cockpit caused the 2 meter tall Mordun to have to duck, which in turn made Aria take a step back into the cockpit.  She looks at the outstretched hand, no real emotions playing across her face, perhaps even hard to read at all.  It takes a second, but she extends her own hand to grasp Mordun's own still moist hand giving a single curt shake with a rather strong grip and then letting go.  Matter-of-factly she adds, "I am Aria." a slight pregnant pause and she continues, "Pleased to meet you.  You are Iktotchi, yes?" as if she already knew the answer, but asked anyway.  Apparently your toilet talk didn't even phase her...
Mordun Tes
 player, 3 posts
Wed 2 Nov 2016
at 22:04
Milk Run
"Yes I am," wiping my hands on my pants. "So Dispatch subbed you in for me? I'm feeling better but, since you're already aboard, please carry on. I may use the time to tackle a few projects on board. I've got to expand the load bay and install a feed module. Chief said we are going to haul some big livestock after we get back from this run. I just hope they're not banthas. We'll never get that smell out"
Aria
 NPC, 6 posts
 Arkanian
Wed 2 Nov 2016
at 23:16
Milk Run
Aria seemed to be about to say something, but then her comlink beeped indicating a message had come in.  She pulled it from her belt and glanced at it before looking up at Mordun, and then Hep in turn, although it was kind of difficult to tell since she has no pupils.  She nodded and said, "Yes, I will stay on.  Company says I am to pick up a small freighter in dry dock in Eriadu City.  We will be working together for a little longer." adding a cordial smile.
Hep Kresim
 player, 7 posts
 Beginnings
Thu 3 Nov 2016
at 07:26
Milk Run
In reply to Aria (msg # 17):
Ok lets get going then, Aria can do the flying once we are off.  Mordun, I told you the collypods were undercooked, you're lucky you dont have xenomorphs erupting out of your face...and the wiring on the sanitation dryer is on my list already.  And the ramp hydraulics.  And the hyperdriver backup relays.  And the.... Hep trails off into an elaborate and boring list of all the maintenance chores he has to do.  He double checks the coordinates he punched into the navi-computer and calls for clearance from the control tower. "Control this is Reaper, flight plan T90023912, outbound for Enarc requesting clearance for take off. Absent mindedly he starts  the engines and begins the lift off sequence, as though he could work the ships controls without looking at them, in his sleep with his hands tied behind his back...underwater.  A repeating chime sounds informing the ships occupants that the ship is about to take off,  the overhead lights dim and walkway lights turn on illuminating the floors.  Hep throws his flight belts on with a satisfying snap.  "OK everybody just sit down and buckle for a minute and then you can get back to what you were doing.." The ship jostles ever so slightly, the engines softly whine and there is a metallic scrape as the ships landing gear lift off the platform, retracting.  Hep waits for a moment.  "Control, repeat, this is Reaper, are we clear for take off?"

This message was last edited by the player at 08:29, Thu 03 Nov 2016.

Aria
 NPC, 7 posts
 Arkanian
Thu 3 Nov 2016
at 13:34
Milk Run
Aria puts her one bag back down and takes a seat in one of the rear cockpit chairs buckling herself in.  Obviously she expected Mordun to take his usual spot at the front with Hep.  She sat quietly with some of the best posture you've ever seen.  If you glance her way she gives a thumbs up.
Enarc City Control
Thu 3 Nov 2016
at 13:41
Milk Run
The radio crackled slightly as the control tower responded to your request, ~"Reaper, this is Enarc Control, copy your request for departure, standby, over.~  After only a few moments the external radio cracks again, ~"Reaper, Enarc Control, you are clear for lane Tango 6-6-4-Niner, happy trails."~

OOC:  Just FYI, you are on the planet Enarc currently and headed to Eriadu...sorry for picking two 'E' planets, didn't mean to make it confusing.

I assume you're not rushing anything and taking the time to get off planet?  Don't think we need a pilot check at this point...

Hep Kresim
 player, 8 posts
 Beginnings
Thu 3 Nov 2016
at 19:52
Milk Run
In reply to Enarc City Control (msg # 20):

Thanks Enarc city control have a nice day. As Hep maneuvers the Reaper skyward in his designated lane the city of Enarc recedes beneath them. We,'ll break atmo in a minute , then you can move around the cabin. Hep tunelessly whistles as they accelerate toward space.

OOC: Sorry my bad i didnt understand where we starting from i thought we had to go to Enarc first
Wookiepedia
Sat 5 Nov 2016
at 04:01
Spaceport – Eriadu
Eriadu Spaceport is the spaceport serving Eriadu City on the planet of Eriadu. Many of the delegates to the Eriadu Trade Summit including Supreme Chancellor Finis Valorum—and his would-be assassins—landed at the spaceport prior to attending the summit. New arrivals are required to pass through Eriadu Customs and Immigration, and many vessels are subject to search by customs and immigration officials.

Now, with the Empire, not much has changed except that the Imperial customs and immigration officials are more strict.  Non-humans get a harder look than before, but there has been no actual ban.
GM
 GM, 20 posts
 Game Master
 - Werner
Sat 5 Nov 2016
at 04:05
Spaceport – Eriadu
The flight through hyperspace was thankfully uneventful, and relatively short.  There is some time to get some maintenance done, and even some time to socialize if you wanted.

OOC: You're welcome to do some RP with each other and Aria, or we can skip ahead to the Eriadu City spaceport.  Let me know in the OOC thread or here under OOC text or just start posting RP.  Thanks.
Mordun Tes
 player, 5 posts
Sat 5 Nov 2016
at 08:48
Spaceport – Eriadu
During the flight, I grab my toolbox and try to work on the ramp hydraulics (without accidentally spacing myself). The hand dryer will have to wait! My Mechanic Skill is +7.

I'm pretty reserved and not too chatty (among the many reasons for my Charisma of 8), so I'll pretty much keep to myself. Plus my tummy is still off so I'm mostly going to lay low and drink some Photon Fizzle to settle things down a bit.
Hep Kresim
 player, 10 posts
 Beginnings
Sat 5 Nov 2016
at 08:56
Spaceport – Eriadu
While in hyperspace Hep works his way through the maintenance list. Throughout the ship one can see Hep half buried in the wall, ceiling and floor panels tools scattered on every nearby flat surface.  Occassionally whistling tunelessly, often cursing softly and shouting a few times in frustration "WHOS THE NERF HERDER WHO DID THIS WIRING?!".  A few times Hep walks back and forth to the Garage which he has set up as a workshop, lugging small motors or circuit blocks.  Hep opens the door to the head intending to fix the wiring in the sanitation dryer and reels from the odor shouting and gagging "MORDUN DID YOU LEAVE A DEAD BANTHA IN HERE? GODS!".  He retreats and returns covering his mouth and extending a hissing spray canister in front of him.
Finally He ends up in the cock pit with his portable computer hooked into the navi-computer running diagnostic routines. Breaking the awkward silent that Aria is oblivious to: "So Aria, there's some trade thing going on in Eriadu City.  Security is probably going to be tight so customs and immigration might take a while.    I bet there's going to be a lot of important people there. Have you heard anything about it?"  Hep tries to perceive any deception or stress in her reply
10:54, Today: Hep Kresim rolled 19 using 1d20.  Perception Check against Aria.
+4 Mod = 23
Aria
 NPC, 8 posts
 Arkanian
Sat 5 Nov 2016
at 11:27
Spaceport – Eriadu
Aria takes her turn in the cockpit, mostly to monitor for the unusual situation as there wasn't much piloting to be done in hyperspace.  She doesn't take notice of Hep's and Mordun's routines and activities around the ship, mostly keeping to herself.

When Hep comes in the cockpit, she simply nods in acknowledgement as he does his diagnostics.  As Hep strikes up a conversation she maintains her gaze at the streaking stars of hyperspace through the front viewscreen.  When asked about the Trade Summit she simply shakes her head a couple of times and curtly replies, "No. I am not aware. before turning back to viewing the panels and viewscreen.

OOC:  Sorry, the "Wookiepedia" post was just some background about Eriadu and where you're heading.  The mention of the trade summit is actually historical (since this is after Chancellor Valorum and Episode I -- we're actually just after Episode III and nearly two decades (18 BBY) before Episode IV takes place), but let's roll with it anyway.  An added dimension...

Oh, and you perceive no deception or stress in her voice.

This message was last edited by the GM at 11:28, Sat 05 Nov 2016.

Hep Kresim
 player, 11 posts
 Beginnings
Sat 5 Nov 2016
at 18:11
Spaceport – Eriadu
I see.  So after this job where are you off too? You said were picking up another freighter. Hep says looking up from the portable computer display.


OOC: Ah I see re summit.   I do have trouble keeping the eras straight sometimes. also whats the feel for the planet/city well ordered? big imperial presence?
Aria
 NPC, 9 posts
 Arkanian
Sun 6 Nov 2016
at 04:36
Spaceport – Eriadu
Aria nods, "Yes, company has a ship that was there for repairs, just a deadhead run back to Enarc."
GM
 GM, 21 posts
 Game Master
 - Werner
Sun 6 Nov 2016
at 04:46
Spaceport – Eriadu
The Eriadu Spaceport of Eriadu City was a shining icon of both visible light and invisible signals of all sorts, beacons, radio transmission, radar, you name it the air was full of it, not to mention the numerous ships coming and going in the busy port of this major industrial planet.  Of course you couldn’t always see it when the smog for the industrial pollution of the planet hung low over the City as it did now.

A growing Imperial presence gave both a feeling of security for some and dread for most, but the rise of Eridau's native son, Wilhuff Tarkin, has only brought more perceived prosperity, and repression of others.  There has been no open rebellion as of yet, but like on many worlds it's probably just below the surface.

OOC: You can still RP if you want, but let's fast-forward a bit...
Hep Kresim
 player, 12 posts
 Beginnings
Sun 6 Nov 2016
at 05:45
Spaceport – Eriadu
Hep looks at the Navicomputer Looks like we are here. Do you want to land it?

ooc: i assume we are just about to enter atmo or are above the city.
Mordun Tes
 player, 6 posts
Sun 6 Nov 2016
at 11:29
Spaceport – Eriadu
Mordun buckles in and prepares to enter atmo.
Eriadu City Control
Sun 6 Nov 2016
at 15:31
Spaceport – Eriadu
The comms crackle to life as the control tower guides you in, ~"Spacecraft Reaper, this is Eriadu City Control, we have you on schedule, please take corridor Tango-six-niner to bay Delta-Tree-Two-Seven, over."~

OOC:  We're going to make it a little spicy...who's taking the controls?  Make a pilot check please.
Mordun Tes
 player, 7 posts
Sun 6 Nov 2016
at 18:15
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu


OOC:  We're going to make it a little spicy...who's taking the controls?  Make a pilot check please.
</quote>


My piloting skill is +9. Keith, what's yours?
Hep Kresim
 player, 13 posts
 Beginnings
Sun 6 Nov 2016
at 19:00
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
In reply to Mordun Tes (msg # 33):
Taking the controls, Hep replies "This is Reaper, affirmative using corridor Tango-six-niner to bay Delta-Tree-Two-Seven. Over."
20:55, Today: Hep Kresim rolled 10 using 1d20.  Hep makes a Pilot Check.
10 + Mod 9 = 19.

OOC: I'm +9 also.  Im not sure if we can see each others stats.  If you want to be lead pilot in the future I can defer.

This message was last edited by the player at 19:02, Sun 06 Nov 2016.

GM
 GM, 23 posts
 Game Master
 - Werner
Sun 6 Nov 2016
at 19:28
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
Taking the controls and with the help of the navi computer, you manage not to crash into another spacecraft as you cut into the smog, although at one point a large ship passes right over you.  The more faint of heart would've soiled themselves...thankfully your seasoned spacers.

The landing bay is nothing to write home about, many were built hastily to accommodate the boom of industry on the planet with little regard for quality or aesthetics.  Hep competently brings The Reaper swiftly into a hover above the open landing bay and brings it down slowly within the automated blinking landing markers.  Aria reaches over and drops the landing gears for Hep just before the satisfying 'thump' of another safe landing.

Switches are flicked and levers brought down followed by the winding down whine of the engines settling before cycling off.

As if coming out of nowhere an Eriadu customs official in his characteristic tan uniform could be seen from the cockpit view window.  No doubt a lackey of the Imperials Customs.
Hep Kresim
 player, 15 posts
 Beginnings
Sun 6 Nov 2016
at 19:43
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
In reply to GM (msg # 35):

"Ok, Ive got the manifest on the datapad, do you want to talk to customs Mordun?  Aria try not to look suspicious, and what ever you do don't panic. DON'T PANIC!  Just kidding."  Hep chuckles to himself.
Mordun Tes
 player, 8 posts
Sun 6 Nov 2016
at 19:46
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
In reply to Hep Kresim (msg # 34):


OOC: Great. I'll be copilot.
Hep Kresim
 player, 16 posts
 Beginnings
Sun 6 Nov 2016
at 19:53
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
"If you have anything illegal on board, or your Identification data isn't in order, now would be a good time to tell us, Aria..." Hep says to Aria.

This message was last edited by the player at 19:54, Sun 06 Nov 2016.

Mordun Tes
 player, 9 posts
Sun 6 Nov 2016
at 20:18
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
"On the contrary, it's a bit late for that."

I unbuckle the belts, straighten my uniform (OOC: I assume we wear company uniforms, right?), and take the datapad from Hep. "Hopefully this should be quick. If they decide to board us, just open the door to the head. That should chase them out pretty quickly."

I pull the switch to activate the ramp and say a silent prayer to the gods that the thing opens as it should.
Hep Kresim
 player, 17 posts
 Beginnings
Sun 6 Nov 2016
at 20:33
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
In reply to Mordun Tes (msg # 39):

"Good Point.  But seriously dont look suspicious. If we open the door to the head we could kill the guy which would be a bad scene." Hep looks out the windows at the customs officer, wondering if this one is having a bad day, or the type who enjoys the power of bureaucracy too much.


OOC:LOL, does Mordun have to roll for the success of the hydraulic repairs?  That would be funny: The ramp doesnt go down all the way and he has to hand the pad down to the customs guy from the partially opened ramp...
Aria
 NPC, 10 posts
 Arkanian
Mon 7 Nov 2016
at 04:10
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
Aria looks at Hep as he makes jokes about panicking, really with no expression at all.  She does shake her head in the negative in response.

As if a serious question were asked she responds flatly, "My documentation is in order."

Maybe someone should give her a few creds to buy a sense of humor...
GM
 GM, 26 posts
 Game Master
 - Werner
Mon 7 Nov 2016
at 04:11
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
OOC: Hmm...
Hep:
OOC:LOL, does Mordun have to roll for the success of the hydraulic repairs?  That would be funny: The ramp doesnt go down all the way and he has to hand the pad down to the customs guy from the partially opened ramp...

Just for fun, (Mordun) toss the old bones to see how your repairs came out...

Mordun Tes
 player, 10 posts
Mon 7 Nov 2016
at 11:41
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
10:43, Today: Mordun Tes rolled 22 using 1d20+7.
Hep Kresim
 player, 19 posts
 Beginnings
Mon 7 Nov 2016
at 12:26
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
In reply to Mordun Tes (msg # 43):

Hep looks surprized and says "Hey you fixed the ramp!"

OOC: Sorry to throw you under the bus like that but I couldnt resist..


GM
 GM, 27 posts
 Game Master
 Big Dub...
Mon 7 Nov 2016
at 19:28
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
Modrun hits the lever lowering the boarding ramp, although his heart skips a beat as the ramp stutters for a second mid descent, but thankfully fully lowers with a satisfying thump on the floor of the landing bay.

Again, almost out of no where the Eriadu Customs Official appears at the bottom of the ramp.  His own datapad in hand. He seems a young, but a fluffy mustache that seems to almost cover his small mouth gives him a comical appearance.  Probably an attempt to look older.  When he speaks, it's as if the mustache was blocking his nostril causing a rather nasally voice, "Good day sir.  May I see your manifest?"  As polite as his words were, you can barely contain your laughter at his uncanny voice.
Mordun Tes
 player, 11 posts
Mon 7 Nov 2016
at 20:47
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
"Greetings, sir. Here is our manifest (handing him the datapad). Nothing unusual. Just a routine haul of Elba grain for the breweries."
Nameless Eriadu Customs Official
Mon 7 Nov 2016
at 20:55
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
The Customs Official takes the datapad and scans it side by side with his own datapad.  He seems satisfied as he nods his head getting to the bottom of the datapad.  Looking up again at Mordun his eyes widen as if he had forgotten he was speaking to a race with horns like a devil from local mythology.  He speaks again in his squeaky voice, "Ok, looks in order.  I'm going to have to come on board to have a visual inspection and check for pests before allowing you to unload."
Mordun Tes
 player, 12 posts
Mon 7 Nov 2016
at 21:20
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
"Pests? You should take a look at my captain then. Ha ha." Mordun makes an awkward (Charisma 8!) attempt at a joke. He never has fully understood humans' obsession with pointless banter but he tries and tries, often at inappropriate times.
GM
 GM, 28 posts
 Game Master
 Big Dub...
Mon 7 Nov 2016
at 22:16
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
The customs official raises an eyebrow and curtly asks, "May I come aboard then?"

Assuming Mordun is going to say yes, because if he doesn't he'll impound the shipment and the ship (!), he begins walking up the ramp.
Hep Kresim
 player, 20 posts
 Beginnings
Tue 8 Nov 2016
at 04:56
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
OK looks like we are being boarded stay relaxed and look professional.  Maybe smile a little. Hep says to Aria when he sees the customs official walking up the ramp from the window.I couldn't hear what they were saying but I'm pretty sure it's routine. He adds straightening his uniform.

OOC: I half expect Aria to whip out a blaster when we get boarded ,"I cant let this happen. You'll never get me alive!" LOL
Mordun Tes
 player, 13 posts
Tue 8 Nov 2016
at 11:59
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
Before I follow the official up the ramp, I make a quick scan of the landing bay. Looking for exits, security, Imps, concealment, and cover. No need to tell me what I see (until I need it).
Hep Kresim
 player, 21 posts
 Beginnings
Tue 8 Nov 2016
at 12:55
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
In reply to Mordun Tes (msg # 51):

Hep gets up from the cockpit and walks over to the door nearest the ramp and awaits the official at the top of the ramp.  "Greetings officer, what can I do for you?" Hep says with his most cordial smile (ch +2) lamenting the fact its impossible to space someone while landed.  As the official approaches he tries to get a read on the hostility of the customs official.
Perception Check:
14:52, Today: Hep Kresim rolled 14 using 1d20.  Heps read on Customs Officials Hostility. Natural 14 Mod +4 = 18


OOC: Grrrr I hate customs officials...
Aria
 NPC, 11 posts
 Arkanian
Wed 9 Nov 2016
at 03:38
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
Hep Kresim:
OK looks like we are being boarded stay relaxed and look professional.  Maybe smile a little. Hep says to Aria when he sees the customs official walking up the ramp from the window.I couldn't hear what they were saying but I'm pretty sure it's routine. He adds straightening his uniform.

OOC: I half expect Aria to whip out a blaster when we get boarded ,"I cant let this happen. You'll never get me alive!" LOL

Aria just looks at Hep with a non-expression from the co-pilot's seat.  She simply nods before standing and walking out the cockpit following Hep...
GM
 GM, 29 posts
 Game Master
 Big Dub...
Wed 9 Nov 2016
at 03:47
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
Mordun Tes:
Before I follow the official up the ramp, I make a quick scan of the landing bay. Looking for exits, security, Imps, concealment, and cover. No need to tell me what I see (until I need it).

Just as a general description:  The bay is large and circular, it could definitely fit a ship larger than the Reaper.  There isn't much else around except a fuel and water station towards the rear of the bay, and emergency exit to the left side, and large bay doors to the front almost as wide as the Reaper herself.  Next to the blast doors is a slightly tinted large transparisteel window with a door next to it labeled "CUSTOMS" obviously denoting an office.  All doors are closed at the moment, except the large aperture above the bay that the Reaper just flew down through to land in the bay.

The sun is trying to fight through the haze in the sky, but you can definitely make out a lot of other traffic of ships of many different sizes from speeders to larger cargo ships somehow traveling in invisible lanes crisscrossing across the grey and orange hazy skyline.
GM
 GM, 30 posts
 Game Master
 Big Dub...
Wed 9 Nov 2016
at 03:57
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
Hep Kresim:
Hep gets up from the cockpit and walks over to the door nearest the ramp and awaits the official at the top of the ramp.  "Greetings officer, what can I do for you?" Hep says with his most cordial smile lamenting the fact its impossible to space someone while landed.  As the official approaches he tries to get a read on the hostility of the customs official.

OOC: (ch +2) Perception Check:
14:52, Today: Hep Kresim rolled 14 using 1d20.  Heps read on Customs Officials Hostility. Natural 14 Mod +4 = 18
Grrrr I hate customs officials...

The customs official is near impossible to read, simply because he looks like he has no emotion.  He sure isn't smiling though -- perhaps more of a bored or tired look is on his face as if this is the nth hundred or even thousand time he's done this...today.  Plus his awesome mustache obscures part of his mouth, so even if the heavens forbid he were to smile a little it would be hard to detect.  He had been looking around at the top of the ramp deciding which way to go when Hep greets him.  As Hep approaches you might detect even a slightly more downturn of his mouth and something muttered obviously to himself.  He glances down at his datapad, tucking the Reaper's pad under his armpit to manipulate his own datapad as if scrolling to find something.  He then looks up as if scrutinizing Hep's face eyes squinting slightly as if trying to discern or decide. He asks rather gruffly, and maybe even a bit suspiciously, "Are you Hep Kresim?"

He apparently has not seen Aria yet who is being obscured by the slightly taller Hep.
Hep Kresim
 player, 22 posts
 Beginnings
Wed 9 Nov 2016
at 04:45
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
Yes Im Hep Kresim. Replies Hep doing his best to maintain a cordial smile. Our mainfest is in order.  Can I help you with something? Wondering what he done to deserve the honor of being personally singled out by an official on such a basic haul.

This message was last edited by the player at 09:22, Wed 09 Nov 2016.

Mordun Tes
 player, 14 posts
Wed 9 Nov 2016
at 06:24
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
OOC: I would like to make a Perception check to see if Aria appears to be nervous. Also, how many escorts are with the customs official? How are they armed? Were there any other personnel in the bay?
Mordun Tes
 player, 15 posts
Wed 9 Nov 2016
at 06:25
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu

08:24, Today: Mordun Tes rolled 21 using 1d20+8.

Perception check +8
GM
 GM, 31 posts
 Game Master
 Big Dub...
Wed 9 Nov 2016
at 11:07
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
The custom official nods at Hep's reply.  Perhaps he's just bad at telling non-human species apart...he appears to not react to your nervousness.  He looks back at Mordun, again glancing down at his datapad, and looks up, "Mordun Tes?"  Without waiting for an answer he seems to peer around Hep at Aria standing slightly behind him, "And you are?" almost with a little additional excitement or interest in his voice.

OOC: To your observation this customs official is the only soul in the bay at the moment.  I have to say, you guys are paranoid...

This message was last edited by the GM at 19:28, Wed 09 Nov 2016.

Mordun Tes
 player, 17 posts
Wed 9 Nov 2016
at 12:42
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
OOC: As long as there are no shadows. I HATE shadows!
Hep Kresim
 player, 24 posts
 Beginnings
Wed 9 Nov 2016
at 13:23
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
You just got the datapad from him, He's the first person you met. Mordun, wake up! The officer wants you to identify yourself.  It begins to dawn on Hep that the officials maybe looking for Aria.  He carefully looks behind him using his peripheral vision to see if Aria is still there...
 15:19, Today: Hep Kresim rolled 11 using 1d20+4.  Hep makes sure Aria hasn't fled the situation.

OOC: Using the dice roller not sure if the natural roll is 11 or 7; GM do you know if the roller automatically add them together? Its a +4 mod for perception.  So I dont know if its 15 or 11...If there were shadows we would have to be lowered into the hangar on a rope...

This message was last edited by the player at 13:25, Wed 09 Nov 2016.

Mordun Tes
 player, 18 posts
Wed 9 Nov 2016
at 19:08
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
"Errr...pardon me, sir. I'm Mordun Tes. Pleased to meet you." Mordun holds his hand out to shake and futilely waits and waits. Then eventually looks at his hand then at the customs officer then at his hand. And then slowly lowers his hand. Damn human customs. So inconsistent and unpredictable, he thinks to himself.
Aria
 NPC, 12 posts
 Arkanian
Wed 9 Nov 2016
at 19:31
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
It's easy to see by Hep glancing over his shoulder that Aria is still behind him a few feet away.  It's simply the corridors of their little freighter doesn't really allow her to stand right next to Hep.  She sees the customs official peering around Hep at her and answers his question, "I am Aria." rather plain and flat.
GM
 GM, 32 posts
 Game Master
 Big Dub...
Wed 9 Nov 2016
at 19:37
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
The customs official nods as he glances down at his datapad again.  Tapping and scrolling a bit before he nods again, and looks up at Hep.  He notices Mordun's outstreched hand and wrinkles his nose slightly before turning back to Hep believing you may not have noticed his slight.  Expectantly as if he expected Hep to read his mind he asks, "Ok, where's your cargo?"

OOC:  Sorry, more confusion, he asked Mordun his name, more as formality, and then shifted his attentions without waiting for an answer (sorry typed it wrong initially) because you're the only other big horned alien on the ship.  He's checking crew manifest to the documentation submitted by your company, AgriCorp.  You would wager things have checked out so far...

A Star Wars version of a shadow would be interesting...boy you guys are scarred from Jim's campaign...ha!

Hep Kresim
 player, 25 posts
 Beginnings
Thu 10 Nov 2016
at 04:29
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
The cargo hold is this way. Please follow me. Says Hep leading the official to the hold. Hep opens the door to the cargo hold and enters ushering the official inside.
GM
 GM, 33 posts
 Game Master
 Big Dub...
Thu 10 Nov 2016
at 05:09
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
The customs official follows closely into the cargo hold.  There the grain is of course contained in large cubed containers stacked from floor to ceiling with a cargo strap anchored to the same holding it all in place in case of 'crazy' maneuvers.

The customs official walks closer to the containers inspecting them, poking the seams of the containers with his datapad stylus.  He seems particularly fixated on one of the containers, but you can't see his expression nor what he might be poking at.
Hep Kresim
 player, 26 posts
 Beginnings
Thu 10 Nov 2016
at 07:05
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
Hep turns to Aria and says very inaudibly: "Youre not stowing anything in the cargo are you?"

Before she can reply Hep walks over to the official.  "I can assure you that AgriCorps only uses regulation containers and the most sanitary packaging processes.  Is there something specific you are concerned about, maybe I can help..."

OOC: I wonder if we should try to bribe this guy.  Lets see what he finds first before we bribe or kill.  Also this should be a pretty routine event for cargo haulers so lets not panic...yet.  Imagine if you acted like these guys irl every time you're in an airport youre thinking "OK so after I kill this customs official how am I going to handle the ensuing gun battle?"

This message was last edited by the player at 07:28, Thu 10 Nov 2016.

Mordun Tes
 player, 19 posts
Thu 10 Nov 2016
at 18:51
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
OOC: You mean you don't think that already?
Hep Kresim
 player, 27 posts
 Beginnings
Thu 10 Nov 2016
at 19:01
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
In reply to Mordun Tes (msg # 68):

OOC: Lol maybe a lot of people do, which makes airports a scary place and customs a dangerous job.
.
GM
 GM, 34 posts
 Game Master
 Big Dub...
Fri 11 Nov 2016
at 04:22
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
Aria is about to speak when Hep walks away from her to the customs official.

The customs official glances over his shoulder as Hep approaches.  It can sometimes be a dangerous job...

Hep:
"I can assure you that AgriCorps only uses regulation containers and the most sanitary packaging processes.  Is there something specific you are concerned about, maybe I can help..."

The Customs Official has an incredulous look on his face before he addresses Hep, "You see here?" Pointing to an area between a couple of containers.  It's hard to tell from afar, but if you look closely enough you can see some kind of crusty growth in between the containers.  The custom official starts poking it with his stylus...

OOC: Hahaha! You guys are paranoid!
Hep Kresim
 player, 28 posts
 Beginnings
Fri 11 Nov 2016
at 05:37
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
Shit. Hep curses inaudibly. Hmmm. Are you sure that's not loose packing material? he says directy to the the customs official. Hep discretely pulls a data pad out of his pocket and quickly types into the 'Encyclopedia Galactica' search bar:grain contamination crusty growth. Musing that every time he searches for information on 'growth' its always for an unpleasant reason,  even more so when preceded by the adjective 'crusty'.

This message was last edited by the player at 05:39, Fri 11 Nov 2016.

GM
 GM, 35 posts
 Game Master
 Big Dub...
Fri 11 Nov 2016
at 05:52
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
Before your holonet search can complete, you hear a buzzing sound like tiny fluttering wings that grows suddenly and quickly in intensity just before the Customs Official tosses his stylus in the air and stumbles backward tripping over you.  The source are several dozen brownish-grey insects varying from fingernail size to a few hand sized ones streaming from an opening at the top of the crust.


The Customs Official let's out an very unmanly yelp, "Aaah!" as he falls back on his ass.

OOC: Does anyone have any knowledge skills along the lines of biology or agriculture or alien species?  You can also make a general unskilled knowledge check to identify the insect/pest.

And if you want to do anything else, roll for initiative...

Hep Kresim
 player, 29 posts
 Beginnings
Fri 11 Nov 2016
at 07:28
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
Upon seeing the Insects Hep tries to remember if he knows anything about them...
10:00, Today: Hep Kresim rolled 16 using 1d20.  Hep rolls for knowledge check. Do I add my +4 Int Mod to this? If so roll is 20 else 16


10:04, Today: Hep Kresim rolled 14 using 1d20.  Hep Rolls for initiative.
14 +6 Initiative Mod = 20

If I get the first move...
Hep yells "Everyone out! Last one out close the door!" As He attempts to grab the official with him as him flees the room.

09:22, Today: Hep Kresim rolled 11 using 1d20.  Hep tries to pull Official out of cargo bay. Nat 11 +3 Dex Mod = 14


OOC: Not sure how the success of that official rescue maneuver will go, is it 'aid another' or something? Should I use strength mod instead? Str Mod +1
EDITED Sorry forgot to roll knowledge check & init first...

This message was last edited by the player at 08:30, Fri 11 Nov 2016.

GM
 GM, 36 posts
 Game Master
 Big Dub...
Fri 11 Nov 2016
at 10:59
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
You've seen these pests before, having worked for an agricultural company for a few years now.  The nasty looking flying insects are Sacorrian grain flies.

The Sacorrian grain fly was an insect that fed on the grain of Sacorrian farms. Its bite injected a mild venom, painful enough to make farmers reluctant to fight the pest closely.  So not likely deadly, at least in small doses, and as long as you aren't allergic...

OOC: We'll wait for Mordun to roll initiative and declare some initial actions before proceeding.

The customs official is pretty much frozen on his ass, so make an additional strength check if you're planning on dragging him out of there.  The Dex check is to make sure you don't trip or fall while doing the drag...

Hep Kresim
 player, 30 posts
 Beginnings
Fri 11 Nov 2016
at 13:08
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
Heps strength check for dragging official

15:03, Today: Hep Kresim rolled 16 using 1d20.  Hep makes a strength check to drag Official. 16 Str Mod +1 = 17

Hep wonders how the flies got there...


OOC:
quote:
The Sacorrian grain fly was an insect that fed on the grain of Sacorrian farms. Its bite injected a mild venom, painful enough to make farmers reluctant to fight the pest closely.  So not likely deadly, at least in small doses, and as long as you aren't allergic...
Or there are alot and they're as big as your hand...it would be bad form to have the customs official killed by pests on a routine run.

Mordun Tes
 player, 20 posts
Sun 13 Nov 2016
at 18:27
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
<Orange>OOC: Mordun's initiative roll:
20:25, Today: Mordun Tes rolled 13 using 1d20+9.


OOC: Do we have any shipboard protocols for dealing with these? Do we carry some kind of spray? Fly swatter?

</Orange>
GM
 GM, 38 posts
 Game Master
 Big Dub...
Mon 14 Nov 2016
at 04:04
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
OOC:  There's nothing per se built into the ship, as that would require a modification.  You could say you have some fly swatters and insecticide spray for general pests that may or may not work on them...

So, what are your declared actions?

Hep/Keith is grabbing the Customs Official and dragging him out of the way...he's not heavy, but his as is on the floor, so you'll only move 1/3rd of your usual movement.

Initiative order will be:
Hep
Aria
Mordun
Flies
Customs Official

Mordun Tes
 player, 21 posts
Mon 14 Nov 2016
at 06:12
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
Mordun will go for the insecticide spray and attempt to use it on them.
Hep Kresim
 player, 31 posts
 Beginnings
Mon 14 Nov 2016
at 08:25
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu

OOC: OK so you have my actions, do you need any other rolls from me?

GM
 GM, 39 posts
 Game Master
 Big Dub...
Tue 15 Nov 2016
at 04:59
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
The appearance of the Sacorrian grain flies causes a flurry of activity.

Hep grabs the prostrate Customs Official by the collar and begins dragging him away just as a cluster of flies appear to group and swarm towards the two of them.  Realizing this the Customs Official actually begins to assist you by peddling back with his feet and legs, albeit not entirely effectively you maybe get an extra half meter out of it.

Aria, apparently fascinated by the grain flies begins walking towards the swarm and likely nest.

Mordun runs back to the crew area of the ship and grabs a can of Pest Begone before running back to the entrance of the cargo area.

The flies then move to strike at Hep and the Customs Official easily clearing the short distance, the rising cacophony of tiny buzzing wings is actually pretty intimidating...

OOC:
Hep, make a Will save not to cut and run...d20 (you have a Will save of 13 according to your sheet)

4 total attack Hep, 3 large ones, and 1 small one.
07:48, Today: GM, for the NPC Sacorrian Flies, rolled 18 using 1d20-1 with rolls of 19.  Attack (small) on Hep.
07:48, Today: GM, for the NPC Sacorrian Flies, rolled 41 using 3d20+1 with rolls of 18,9,13.  Attacks on Hep (large).
1 small and 1 large manage to get through your reflex defense
07:54, Today: GM, for the NPC Sacorrian Flies, rolled 3 using 1d3 with rolls of 3.  damage large Hep (corrected).
07:53, Today: GM, for the NPC Sacorrian Flies, rolled 1 using 1d2 with rolls of 1.  Hep damage large.

So, total of -4 HP.  Make a Fortitude save to not be paralyzed with the painful venom.

1 large one attacks the Customs Official.
07:49, Today: GM, for the NPC Sacorrian Flies, rolled 20 using 1d20+1 with rolls of 19.  Attack (large) on Customs Offiicial.
Oh, right in the face...
07:54, Today: GM, for the NPC Sacorrian Flies, rolled 1 using 1d3 with rolls of 1.  damage customs official large.
Ok, just on the nose...
07:57, Today: GM, for the NPC Customs Official, rolled 7 using 1d20 with rolls of 7.  Fort save (10).
Lucky customs official...

Make your rolls Hep, and I'll post an outcome.  Thanks.

Hep Kresim
 player, 32 posts
 Beginnings
Tue 15 Nov 2016
at 05:35
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
07:28, Today: Hep Kresim rolled 5 using 1d20.  Hep makes a fort save against bugs. Fort is 12 + 5= 17.
Hep yells to the official "Run to the door!"
Starting HP: 23.
HP are now 19.

OOC:  I better not die from bee stings.  Im totally modding the ship to shut off life support to the cargo hold.  Maybe saccorian flies will be the new shadows

This message was last edited by the player at 20:36, Tue 15 Nov 2016.

GM
 GM, 40 posts
 Game Master
 Big Dub...
Tue 15 Nov 2016
at 22:48
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
The flies begin biting at Hep and the Customs Official, as a couple of them find their marks and leave a mark, Hep yells to the Customs Official to "Run to the door!"  The Customs Official is wailing as a large fly is clinging to his nose, it hurts like hell or at least it must with the way he's yelling, "Aaaaaahhh!"

Hep manages not to collapse from the pain of the stings as you feel what must be the venom course from the bite areas like burning beneath your flesh.  Still clinging to the Customs Official who's now flipped on his belly and is trying to crawl away quickly.

OOC:  Go ahead an declare your actions for the next round.
Hep Kresim
 player, 33 posts
 Beginnings
Wed 16 Nov 2016
at 04:41
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
Hep is running to the door. He attempts to grab the back of the officials shirt to get him on his feet to escape more quickly.
06:37, Today: Hep Kresim rolled 19 using 1d20.  Hep attempts to grab officials shirt to get him to his feet.
19+ STR mod +1 =20.
Mordun get something to kill these saccorian flies with! Hep yells
Mordun Tes
 player, 22 posts
Wed 16 Nov 2016
at 09:38
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
I will start spraying the flies whenever I get back with the insecticide.
GM
 GM, 42 posts
 Game Master
 Big Dub...
Wed 16 Nov 2016
at 21:07
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
Hep continues to run for the door while trying to drag the Customs Official to his feet.  With a jerk he manages to lift the Customs Official up off the ground and off his feet.  The Custom Official continues to flail, running in the air trying to get away.

Aria meets Hep and the Customs Official half way into the cargo hold and reaches out grabbing the large fly stuck to the Customs Official's nose.  Apparently giving a squeeze it bursts into goo and insect exo-skeleton pieces.

Mordun comes running back into the bay with a can of Pest Away insecticide.  It's usually for small biting flies and other annoying bugs.  It didn't matter he mashed the button and a mist begins pouring from the nozzle.

OOC:  Mordun, make a roll to strike...assume you're spraying at the flies in the vicinity of Hep?

This message was last edited by the GM at 14:11, Thu 17 Nov 2016.

Hep Kresim
 player, 35 posts
 Beginnings
Thu 17 Nov 2016
at 08:36
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
OOC. im sorry did i miss a will save roll? its looks like the post was edited from the original...

10:33, Today: Hep Kresim rolled 17 using 1d20.  Hep will save .
17+13=30

OOC So it looks like I do flee but valiantly save the customs official.

This message was last edited by the player at 10:19, Thu 17 Nov 2016.

GM
 GM, 43 posts
 Game Master
 Big Dub...
Thu 17 Nov 2016
at 14:10
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
In reply to Hep Kresim (msg # 86):

OOC: I thought you were originally running and dragging the Customs Official with you?  If you had failed your Will save then you would've left his ass behind...

The last GM post is actually a new round.

This message was last edited by the GM at 14:12, Thu 17 Nov 2016.

Mordun Tes
 player, 23 posts
Thu 17 Nov 2016
at 19:55
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
OOC:

21:54, Today: Mordun Tes rolled 16 using 1d20+4 ((12))

I added +4 for my ranged attack bonus. Not sure if that's applicable.

GM
 GM, 44 posts
 Game Master
 Big Dub...
Fri 18 Nov 2016
at 14:48
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
As the mist from the Pest Away spray comes out, the flies seem to be annoyed enough that their offensive is disrupted.  They fly up to avoid the cloud of insecticide billowing around the area just inside the cargo hold.  At least for now they're not biting anyone.
Mordun Tes
 player, 24 posts
Sun 20 Nov 2016
at 06:29
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
OOC: Mordun tries to evaluate whether he can close the ramp once everyone is out and then make it to the cockpit to seal himself in before the flies regroup. If so, I do that.

If I need it, here's my Perception check:
08:28, Today: Mordun Tes rolled 10 using 1d20+8 ((2))

Hep Kresim
 player, 36 posts
 Beginnings
Sun 20 Nov 2016
at 07:48
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
OOC:  Hep is just trying to get the official out of the cargo hold and close the door to the cargo hold.
GM
 GM, 45 posts
 Game Master
 Big Dub...
Sun 20 Nov 2016
at 18:48
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
OOC:  Mordun - are you talking about sealing the cargo hold?  You can do that.  Not sure why you would need to run and seal yourself in the cockpit...

Hep - go ahead and post your action of trying to get the Customs Official out however you think is plausible...I'll post outcomes.... 8D

Hep Kresim
 player, 37 posts
 Beginnings
Sun 20 Nov 2016
at 19:11
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
: Hep Kresim rolled 3 using 1d20.  Hep still attempting to pull Official out of cargo hold. 3+ STR mod 1=4
OOC: LOL Oo/
"Come on! We've got to get out of the hold! The big ones can paralyze you!" Hep yells
OOC: Oh man we are the bad news bears of space heroes.
Aria
 NPC, 13 posts
 Arkanian
Tue 22 Nov 2016
at 16:59
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
Aria turns and grabs the Customs Official by his belt, or is that his underwear(?) before lifting him up and tossing him towards the door just as Hep loses his grasp on him.  Unfortunately the Customs Official's own squirming makes it hard to get a grip and all Aria does is pull the man's britches up from his nether regions giving him a mega wedgie...

OOC: 19:56, Today: GM, on behalf of Aria, rolled 10 using 1d20+2.  Strength Check.
Hmm, probably not good enough...

Mordun Tes
 player, 27 posts
Tue 22 Nov 2016
at 18:18
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
OOC: Mega-wedgie?! I just shot my beer out my nose!
Mordun Tes
 player, 28 posts
Thu 24 Nov 2016
at 11:58
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
While the flies are annoyed and distracted by the spray, Mordun runs for the cockpit and seals the door behind him. If it's not already closed, he closes the ramp as soon as Hep, Aria, and the customs official are off the ship. Once everyone is safe, he opens an infoscreen and does some research on the HoloNet about how to get rid of these pesky things.
Mordun Tes
 player, 29 posts
Thu 24 Nov 2016
at 12:24
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
OOC: Does Hep have an earpiece for his comlink? In other words, are he and I able to communicate privately?
GM
 GM, 51 posts
 Game Master
 Big Dub...
Fri 25 Nov 2016
at 07:30
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
Hep loses his grip on the Customs Official, but instead of the Customs Offical falling to the ground Aria has grabbed a hold of him, but misjudged what article of clothing she grabbed.  As Mordun runs from the cargo hold to the cockpit all he can hear is an agonized scream of a man that suddenly goes high-pitched, "Aaaaaaahhh aaaiiieee!"  Obviously the Customs Official expressing his distress about his manhood being crushed in a fabric vice.

Aria appears confused by the fact that she has this man's underwear in her grasp and how far it's come out of his pants without the rest of him.

Hep yells, "Come on! We've got to get out of the hold! The big ones can paralyze you!" before leading the charge...away from the Sacorrian Flies.

The Sacorrian Flies for the moment circle angrily above and near the crates and their obvious nest.

Mordun arrives at the cockpit and locks himself in.  Bringing up the holonet link on his captain's display he taps furiously to research the Sacorrian Flies.

OOC:  Ok, that's the end of round 2.

Mordun, give me a knowledge check roll.  BTW, you haven't exactly communicated your plan to Hep or the others IC (In-Character).

The Comlinks in my mind are like the old Nextels -- you can use it like a phone, or you have the instant communication/radio aspect and it can be both audible externally (because everyone needs to hear your conversation...) or have it do the same, but through the unit like a phone, and it does have a wired or wireless capability to connect to a small headset (like a bluetooth or wired hands-free device).

Mordun Tes
 player, 30 posts
Fri 25 Nov 2016
at 07:57
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
OOC:
09:56, Today: Mordun Tes rolled 17 using 1d20+2. I am assuming I use my Intelligence modifier of +2 on a Knowledge check but am not sure

Mordun Tes
 player, 31 posts
Fri 25 Nov 2016
at 08:00
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
Mordun on Comlink: "Hep, Hep, are you OK? Did any of the flies get out of the hold? Last thing we need is to have to explain to the boss that we introduced an exotic species here. I'm sealed in the cockpit and will do some research to figure out how to get rid of these things. Do you have any ideas?"
Hep Kresim
 player, 41 posts
 Beginnings
Sat 26 Nov 2016
at 07:25
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
OOC OK so its not clear whether we have managed to clear the cargo hold yet.  Assume i am making my way to the door.
Mordun we are trying to get out of the hold and seal the cargo hold doors
OOC Do i need to do any addituonal rolls?
GM
 GM, 52 posts
 Game Master
 Big Dub...
Sat 26 Nov 2016
at 21:53
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
Hep continues to make his run for the door, apparently not looking back.  He passes through the door way, spinning around to slam the door shut, but holding to wait for the slower crowd.

Aria following Hep's lead continues to make for the exit to the cargo hold, with the Customs Official in hand, his feet dragging along the floor as he's being hoisted and dragged by his displaced underwear...

The Customs Official has gone limp, his eyes rolling back as his eyes flutter, and let's out a moan of agony -- most likely because of his manhood is still being crushed.  Aria not paying attention accidentally runs the Customs Official face right into the door from of the cargo hold door with a fleshy thud and resonant metal sound immediately following. *Thuk* *Dong*

Aria glances down and readjusts to bring the Customs Official through the doorway who's now completely out, with a growing welt and lump on his forehead.  Aria doesn't say much except rather flatly, "Oops."

Mordun completes his research...[Private to Mordun Tes: Mordun's research of the Sacorrian flies reveals they are nearly impossible to destroy by any other means other than crushing them, and breaking up their nest. They are affected by pesticides, but unless it's some agricultural industrial strength stuff, it's more likely to annoy and anger them. A nest at it's start holds 10-20 flies including a likely queen.]

Just as Aria clears the doorway the Flies seem to get emboldened again and swoop down attacking an easy target -- the latter half of the Customs Official.  Without the ability to fend them off and Aria too busy trying to squeeze him and herself through the doorway the Sacorrian Flies land a few bites on the officials legs and buttocks.  The pain of the venom is enough to make him moan unconsciously.

OOC: Just summarizing the round...let's make it interesting.

Hep make a Mechanics check to make sure you had properly re-wired the doors during your maintenance...I figured you intended to close the door after Aria and the official made it out.

Mordun, with your successful knowledge check you can relay the information in the private note in-character.  After that, and Hep making a successful or unsuccessful check, we'll start the next round.

Hep Kresim
 player, 42 posts
 Beginnings
Sun 27 Nov 2016
at 14:30
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
In reply to GM (msg # 102):

Hep winces as he watches Aria roughly slam the customs official through the cargo hold doorway causing a head injury that will surely be added to the growing list of reasons why the Reaper will be impounded.

16:01, Today: Hep Kresim rolled 19 using 1d20.  Hep makes a mechanics check for cargo hold doors.  19 + Mechanics Skill +10 = 29

As soon as they clear the doors he punches the door control which closes with a quick swish, he is relieved that the maintenance wiring was done correctly.
"Let's get him to the infirmary we might have anti-venom, or smelling salts or something. Oh man this is not good." Hep says anxiously. Hep taps the radio control for his commlink "Mordun we are clear of the cargo hold, the bugs are contained.  The customs guy is injured, Aria and I are bringing him to the infirmary. Could you contact the head office and find out what their instructions are for this situation?  Maybe they have an agent that can help us with this." Hep turns to Aria "Lets get him to the infirmary and see what we can do...or do we nedd to call the Imperial Medics?"

This message was last edited by the player at 14:43, Sun 27 Nov 2016.

Aria
 NPC, 14 posts
 Arkanian
Sun 27 Nov 2016
at 20:46
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
Aria follows Hep down the corridor to the infirmary space (not really a room).  She's carrying the Customs Official by his now stretched-out underwear like the handle to a six-pack of your favorite Blue Dwarf adult beverage.  The Customs Official simply hangs limply -- hopefully he's still breathing...

Hep:
Hep turns to Aria "Lets get him to the infirmary and see what we can do...or do we nedd to call the Imperial Medics?"


Aria raises an eyebrow at the mention of Imperial Medics, but simply shrugs and states matter-of-factly, "I don't think involving the Imperials any more is necessary, and he may appreciate us helping him."
GM
 GM, 54 posts
 Game Master
 Big Dub...
Sun 27 Nov 2016
at 20:48
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
PM[Private to Mordun Tes: Your knowledge check also reveals that the venom of the Sacorrian Flies while very painful, is not usually deadly...unless the person is allergic, or in high enough quantities.]
Hep Kresim
 player, 43 posts
 Beginnings
Mon 28 Nov 2016
at 11:36
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
"Ok well lets try not to kill him..." Hep says as he lifts the official onto the table with Aria's assistance. Hep looks around for something in the medical bay to help the official with.
OOC: Not sure if I should be making a knowledge check or a search attempt and/or both...I'll do 2 rolls, 1st knowledge check for how to treat the fly stings and 2 for the search check...

13:30, Today: Hep Kresim rolled 14 using 1d20.  Hep's knowledge check for saccorian fly venom. 14 + Int Mod +4 = 18

13:32, Today: Hep Kresim rolled 8 using 1d20.  Hep searchs for anti venom or medicine.
8 + 4 Perception Mod = 12


OOC: My treat injury is +2 just let me know what my next roll should be GM
Aria
 NPC, 15 posts
 Arkanian
Tue 29 Nov 2016
at 04:32
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
Aria helps Hep get the official onto the one sick bay bed they have on the ship, and then takes a step back allowing Hep to work.  She quietly mentions, "I don't think he's going to die."  Then she suggests with a shrug of the shoulders, "May be you suck the venom out?" ...

This message was last edited by the GM at 04:43, Tue 29 Nov 2016.

GM
 GM, 55 posts
 Game Master
 Big Dub...
Tue 29 Nov 2016
at 04:42
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
Hep tries to remember some of his agricultural awareness training since he did work for a company that hauls agricultural goods.  He vaguely recalls that Sacorrian Flies were considered more of a nuisance than an actual threat to farmers who encountered them, and can't recall if anyone has ever died from these fly bites.  Perhaps Mordun's research revealed more?

There's no much in terms of anti-venom available, perhaps only a local anesthetic to ease the pain, and cleaning the bite to avoid infection.

As you turn him over on his side to address the location of the bites on his buttocks and back of his legs they are bleeding slightly and oozing a bit of green-yellow fluid.

OOC:  Go ahead and roll a treat injury check...just try not to roll a catastrophic failure...
Hep Kresim
 player, 44 posts
 Beginnings
Tue 29 Nov 2016
at 09:58
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
OOC:  You just HAD to say it.
quote:
OOC:  Go ahead and roll a treat injury check...just try not to roll a catastrophic failure...


11:52, Today: Hep Kresim rolled 6 using 1d20.  Hep Treat Injury check on Customs Official. 6 + 2 Treat Injury Mod = 8

"This green fluid doesn't look so bad...that's normal for a human, right?"Hep says jokingly looking at the Officials wounds. "He'll be fine."
Mordun Tes
 player, 32 posts
Tue 29 Nov 2016
at 19:54
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
Over the comlink: "Hep, Hep, what's going on? Is that guy OK? Is there anybody down there with any ideas how to get rid of these things?"

[Private to GM: Since I would know the ship, is it possible to close it up, put a spacesuit on with oxygen and then turn off life support to suffocate these buggers? If so, how long would all that take?]
Hep Kresim
 player, 45 posts
 Beginnings
Wed 30 Nov 2016
at 05:17
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
I think He is going to be Ok. We are tending to his stings now. I dont know how to get rid of the flies maybe research that on the holonet.  Hep says in reply to Mordun.Also hes unconscious.  Contact the head office and find out if they have a way to smooth this out.
Hep continues to tend to the sting as best he can.
Mordun Tes
 player, 33 posts
Wed 30 Nov 2016
at 05:54
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
On the spaceport channel: "Eriadu City Control, this is the TAGGE Corp Freighter Reaper in bay Delta Three Two Seven. We have an injured customs official in the medical bay and request medical assistance."
GM
 GM, 56 posts
 Game Master
 Big Dub...
Thu 1 Dec 2016
at 03:28
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
Mordun Tes:
On the spaceport channel: "Eriadu City Control, this is the TAGGE Corp Freighter Reaper in bay Delta Three Two Seven. We have an injured customs official in the medical bay and request medical assistance."

The ship's comms crackles to life with a reply, ~"Reaper, Control, be advised this is an inbound-outbound channel only, for any emergency on the ground call 9-1-1 on your comlink, Control out."~ states the Eriadu City Control officer in a monotone, uninterested voice.

[Private to Mordun Tes: Yes, you can isolate the cargo hold and vent the air externally.  If it were space it would be very quickly, in atmosphere it will take longer, but it can be done.  And it seems like it may work...]
Aria
 NPC, 16 posts
 Arkanian
Thu 1 Dec 2016
at 03:38
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
Aria steps up and although gently, with some strength behind the hand, moves Hep aside as she grabs an empty syringe and gauze before beginning to suck the pus from the wounds by jamming it in there causing the unconscious Customs Official to feel it as he groans in his fugue state with his eyes open now staring into nothingness.  Of course more oozing pus comes out along with some blood as she uses her other hand and the gauze to dab and clean it, before packing it in the approximate 1-inch jagged bite mark hole.

OOC:  If anyone is watching, make a fortitude save vs DC 10 to avoid throwing up your last meal...

He's going to be alright though...Aria rolled a natural 20...

Hep Kresim
 player, 46 posts
 Beginnings
Thu 1 Dec 2016
at 04:14
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
06:11, Today: Hep Kresim rolled 8 using 1d20.  Hep fort save from hurling. 8 + 12=20 Gnarly. Hep gasps.
Mordun Tes
 player, 34 posts
Thu 1 Dec 2016
at 06:39
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
Mordun curses in Iktotchi under his breath, and punches 911 into his comlink to request medical assistance.

Pressing the transmit button on his comms to Hep: "Hep, I've got an idea. We can seal the cargo hold, turn off life support there, and suffocate the little bastards. It might take a while but it beats going in there again. What do you think?"
GM
 GM, 57 posts
 Game Master
 Big Dub...
Thu 1 Dec 2016
at 08:46
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
Mordun Tes:
Mordun curses in Iktotchi under his breath, and punches 911 into his comlink to request medical assistance.

...

As Mordun's talking to Hep, the comlink connects, a nasally voice on the other end asks, ~"Eriadu City 9-1-1, please state your emergency."~ followed by, ~"Hello? Is there anyone there?  Hello?"~ as Mordun finishes his message to Hep.
Mordun Tes
 player, 35 posts
Thu 1 Dec 2016
at 13:14
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
"Eriadu 911, we require medical assistance at the medical bay near docking bay Delta Three Two Seven. One of the customs officials has been stung by a Saccoran grain fly. We are rendering first aid."
Hep Kresim
 player, 47 posts
 Beginnings
Thu 1 Dec 2016
at 18:46
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
OOC: I need to figure out what we need to keep the ship from being impounded or getting us arrested. Can i do a bueacracy roll to figure out the port officials next moves would be?
20:43, Today: Hep Kresim rolled 6 using 1d20.  Hep bureaucracy roll to guess officials next steps. 6+10 bureacracy knowldege mod = 16
GM
 GM, 58 posts
 Game Master
 Big Dub...
Thu 1 Dec 2016
at 20:58
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
Mordun Tes:
"Eriadu 911, we require medical assistance at the medical bay near docking bay Delta Three Two Seven. One of the customs officials has been stung by a Saccoran grain fly. We are rendering first aid."

The 911 operator responds, ~"Oh, ok. What medical bay is that?  We have Delta 3-2-7 pinpointed, but we don't show a medical bay near that location.  Are you sure of your location?"~
GM
 GM, 59 posts
 Game Master
 Big Dub...
Thu 1 Dec 2016
at 21:05
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
OOC:
Hep Kresim:
OOC: I need to figure out what we need to keep the ship from being impounded or getting us arrested. Can i do a bueacracy roll to figure out the port officials next moves would be?
20:43, Today: Hep Kresim rolled 6 using 1d20.  Hep bureaucracy roll to guess officials next steps. 6+10 bureacracy knowldege mod = 16

You don't have the handbook, but you can pretty much guess the Eriadu Customs Agency is going to at least impound your ship for de-infestation at your expense (or your company, if they're willing to foot the bill...probably...).  Who knows what will happen to you considering the state of the Customs Official, although it largely depends on his version of the story, granted he survives, which he likely will at this point from your own point of view.  Likely though you'll have a large fine, which again, your company may or may not indemnify you for.

...Then again, since the Imperials have shown up in Galactic life and here on Eriadu, so things have changed...for better or for worse?  Who knows...

Mordun Tes
 player, 36 posts
Fri 2 Dec 2016
at 05:42
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
GM:
Mordun Tes:
"Eriadu 911, we require medical assistance at the medical bay near docking bay Delta Three Two Seven. One of the customs officials has been stung by a Saccoran grain fly. We are rendering first aid."

The 911 operator responds, ~"Oh, ok. What medical bay is that?  We have Delta 3-2-7 pinpointed, but we don't show a medical bay near that location.  Are you sure of your location?"~


Ugh. On comms to Hep: "Hep, didn't you say you were in a medical bay?! Where are you exactly. I'm trying to direct medical assistance to you.

[Private to GM: I begin the process of sealing the cargo bay and trying to suffocate the flies]
Hep Kresim
 player, 48 posts
 Beginnings
Fri 2 Dec 2016
at 08:03
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
Hep taps his comm link "Mordun we are in the infirmary on the ship give them our landing bay number and they can find us. They will have to board the ship to get him.  One more thing I think this could get expensive and legally ugly for us.  Do you know anyone here that could help us with bribes? Could be cheaper than fines and the company will probably hold us responsible. " Hep turns to Aria:Do you know anyone here that could help us? Im still totally baffled how the fly hive wasnt noticed.
Mordun Tes
 player, 37 posts
Fri 2 Dec 2016
at 10:41
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
OOC: Ah ha! I thought you got off the ship. My mistake!

Mordun: "Roger that, Hep".

"Eriadu 911, the patient is onboard the Tagge Corp Freighter Reaper in docking bay Delta Three Two Seven."
GM
 GM, 60 posts
 Game Master
 Big Dub...
Sat 3 Dec 2016
at 19:05
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
As you're conversing, you hear a metallic thud as the seals in the cargo bay lock, and the rush of air being forced out of the ship's cargo hold can be heard inside as muffled hissing noise.

Mordun:
"Eriadu 911, the patient is onboard the Tagge Corp Freighter Reaper in docking bay Delta Three Two Seven."

The comms crackle again, ~"Ok, that makes more sense dear, emergency services are on the way to you, sir.  May I get a name please?"~
Aria
 NPC, 17 posts
 Arkanian
Sat 3 Dec 2016
at 19:09
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
Hep Kresim:
...</Purple> Hep turns to Aria:Do you know anyone here that could help us? Im still totally baffled how the fly hive wasnt noticed.

Aria shrugs, but suggests a possible way the flies built their hive, "I'm sure they were in the grain shipment and it probably doesn't take them long to build their nest." a bit flatly, but with some obvious logic.  She then further suggests, "It is not our fault. We do not inspect the grain, and the Customs Inspector was hurt just trying to get away from the flies like the rest of you.  I mean, us." again very factually toned.
Mordun Tes
 player, 38 posts
Sun 4 Dec 2016
at 06:31
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
To Eriadu 911 - "Thank you for your assistance. This is Hep Kresim," barely containing his chuckle.

On comms to Hep: "I'm sealing and cargo bay and venting it of oxygen to suffocate those things. I haven't read the protocol data cards in ages. Do you remember what we're supposed to do as far as the Company is concerned? I'm going to notify Dispatch and Freight Management. Should I contact Legal?"

OOC: Do I recall any specific protocols from TAGGE Corp?
Hep Kresim
 player, 49 posts
 Beginnings
Sun 4 Dec 2016
at 12:39
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
OOC:  I think I should do a bureaucracy check for knowing what policies and procedures the company has.  GM is that a legit use of that check? If so...
14:30, Today: Hep Kresim rolled 20 using 1d20.  Hep rolls bureaucracy knowledge check to determine company policy and next steps for this situation. 20 + 10 bureaucracy knowledge mod = 30
Hep taps his comm link "Roger that Mordun; I'm thinking on regs and a solution now..."

This message was last edited by the player at 12:41, Sun 04 Dec 2016.

GM
 GM, 61 posts
 Game Master
 Big Dub...
Sun 4 Dec 2016
at 20:59
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
OOC:  Sure, seems as good a use of the skill as any!

So, for some reason you have an uncanny recall of the exact procedure to follow if a shipment is found with an infestation.

- Isolate and contain the pest or contaminant to aid in the analysis of genesis
- Contact AgriCorp (subsidiary of TaggeCo) Shipment Security Office
- Shipment Security will dispatch a Troubleshooter to your locale to assist in negotiating any legal or customs matters.
- Do not give statements unless absolutely necessary, as the Troubleshooter will investigate and provide a company-provided statement to any authorities (that will accept such a submission).
- Sit tight.  The Company is your friend...

This message was last edited by the GM at 21:06, Sun 04 Dec 2016.

Hep Kresim
 player, 50 posts
 Beginnings
Mon 5 Dec 2016
at 21:42
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
Hep casts his mind back to the one day of the company training seminar when he had too much caff and forgot his datapad with the popular game 'Angry Banthas' forcing him sit, wide awake and attentive through 6 hours of excruciating ly boring decontamination protocols, contamination liability policy and customs remediation scenarios. Hep taps his comm link: "Mordun, listen we have to get a company rep here to do an official company investigation so DO NOT make any statements, direct anyone who asks to the rep who will make an official statement.  Ill call the company now. Don't vent the atmo in the hold just yet. The company needs to analyze the bugs and I want make sure they dont escape." Hep walks over to the comm array of the Reaper and connects to the space ports holonet, punching in Agricorp's HQ employee line and selecting 'Shipment Security' from the menu. An automated voice prompts him to state the nature of his security problem. "This is Hep Kresim from the Reaper we are docked at Eriadu City spaceport with a sacorrian fly contamination problem. Requesting a company rep immediately. A customs official has been injured by the flies but we have rendered aid and Eriadu medical response is on its way. Neither myself or pilot Mordun Tess have given statements to anyone. Awaiting further instructions." Hep leans against the wall and listens to a once popular song that has been mutilated into on hold music.
GM
 GM, 62 posts
 Game Master
 Big Dub...
Mon 5 Dec 2016
at 22:04
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
Mordun Tes:
To Eriadu 911 - "Thank you for your assistance. This is Hep Kresim," barely containing his chuckle.

The emergency operator acknowledges and asks, ~"Ok Mr. Kresim, help is on the way.  Do you wish to stay on the line until the units arrive?"~

OOC: You can do a knowledge bureaucracy check if you want, but Hep got the nat 20...
GM
 GM, 63 posts
 Game Master
 Big Dub...
Mon 5 Dec 2016
at 22:10
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
In reply to Hep Kresim (msg # 130):

Instead of being greeted by a humanoid voice, the line closes, but a text message flashes on the screen.

"EMPLOYEE STANDBY AT YOUR CURRENT LOCATION, DEFER STATEMENTS, A TROUBLESHOOTER IN YOUR AREA IS BEING DISPATCHED, ETA 10 GALACTIC MINUTES.  REMAIN CALM.  THE COMPANY IS YOUR FRIEND."

Meanwhile the muffled sound of rushing air reminds you Mordun already started the venting of the cargo bay...
Hep Kresim
 player, 51 posts
 Beginnings
Tue 6 Dec 2016
at 04:35
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
Upon hearing the sound of atmo venting from the hold Hep  runs to the life support control panel in the cockpit. He taps the comm link "Mordun stop venting the hold atmo!"
OOC: Do i roll anything to get there? Also  i guess i make a use computer check when i do
Mordun Tes
 player, 39 posts
Tue 6 Dec 2016
at 05:59
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
On comms to Hep: "OK, OK. I'll quit venting" as he flips the toggle switch to stop the process. "I have a feeling this is going to be a long ten minutes..."

Mordun leaves the cockpit and heads to the infirmary to see how things are going there.
Hep Kresim
 player, 52 posts
 Beginnings
Tue 6 Dec 2016
at 09:36
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
Hep says Thanks to Mordun as passes in the corridor. "Im going to wait for the medical response and the company rep in the landing bay. Aria's in the medical bay watching him." Hep walks down to the bottom of the ramp and waits, eager for an already long day to be over. "Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit smoking death sticks." He mutters under his breath.
Mordun Tes
 player, 40 posts
Tue 6 Dec 2016
at 10:30
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
To Hep: "I don't like this. We've hauled grain all over the galaxy and never had these flies. And that Arkanian is strange. I don't like any of this.  I can't wait to get off this rock."
Hep Kresim
 player, 53 posts
 Beginnings
Tue 6 Dec 2016
at 16:07
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
OOC: I assume Mordun and I are having this conversation in the corridor as we pass each other...
"Yeah this whole thing has been a little weird.  But maybe we're being paranoid. Its impossible to get any information from her.  Try to talk to her while Im waiting outside maybe you'll have better luck than I did. Anyway I think it will be resolved soon then we can get a beer if we're not in jail." Hep heads down the ramp.
GM
 GM, 64 posts
 Game Master
 Big Dub...
Tue 6 Dec 2016
at 21:16
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
Flipping the switch Mordun assumes the venting has ceased and runs out of the cockpit into the ship.  Running into Hep they converse momentarily in the corridor from the cockpit to the rest of the ship.  Hopefully your voices don't carry...or Aria has some super hearing...

OOC:  Hep, make a mechanics check for me please...
Hep Kresim
 player, 54 posts
 Beginnings
Wed 7 Dec 2016
at 05:00
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
OOC: Yikes I'll bet you're checking to make sure the vents close...

06:52, Today: Hep Kresim rolled 17 using 1d20.  Hep makes a mechanics check. 17 + 10 Mechanics skill mod = 27.
While Hep waits for the company rep and the medics he uses the time to do a spot check of the ships exterior.
GM
 GM, 65 posts
 Game Master
 Big Dub...
Thu 8 Dec 2016
at 14:26
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
OOC:  Hep or anyone else outside the ship, perception check please.
Hep Kresim
 player, 55 posts
 Beginnings
Thu 8 Dec 2016
at 16:06
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
In reply to GM (msg # 140):

Hep is whistles tunelessly as he walks around the exterior of the ship looking for anything that needs repairing while double checking the hold atmo vents closed in the time.
OOC: Wouldnt the ship have a sealed decontamination function for the cargo hold?  Seems like a major design flaw. Like fire suppression system where the Oxygen is cut off to the room, but nothing can get out.

17:54, Today: Hep Kresim rolled 11 using 1d20.  Hep makes perception check outside the ship. 11 +4 Perception skill mod = 15

OOC: Man that perception skill needs some work.  Not good for a 2nd level scoundrel.  I always find perception checks ominous.

This message was last edited by the player at 16:11, Thu 08 Dec 2016.

GM
 GM, 66 posts
 Game Master
 Big Dub...
Fri 9 Dec 2016
at 05:11
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
In reply to Hep Kresim (msg # 141):

As Hep circles the ship he can hear a faint buzzing of wings.  Now it could be anything, but considering what had just happened on the ship, one couldn't help but conclude it was related...

OOC:  Perhaps...if the system filtration was maintained and didn't have holes...plus, what fun would that be??
Aria
 NPC, 18 posts
 Arkanian
Fri 9 Dec 2016
at 05:16
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
Aria is standing quietly monitoring the Customs Official's condition, which seems stable as he lies snoring loudly on the one bed in sick bay.  Aria looks up with pupil-less eyes as Hep and Mordun pass by the opening between sick bay and the exterior ramp.
Mordun Tes
 player, 41 posts
Fri 9 Dec 2016
at 07:23
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
Entring the sick bay, to Aria: "Thanks for helping this guy. What a pain. We don't need this. I just want to offload this stuff and get off this rock. I hope the Company gets here quickly. I'm not great on the company protocols. Can you remember anything we should be doing but aren't? I'll go dig up the checklists."
Hep Kresim
 player, 56 posts
 Beginnings
Fri 9 Dec 2016
at 07:31
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
Hep ponders what it would be like if he were to lose his cargo carrier license and be fired for contaminating a spaceport. He would have to turn to a life of crime, or be stuck in the outer rim repairing machines, droids and engines all day. A long day just keeps getting longer. He is distracted from feeling sorry for himself by a faint buzzing sound.

Hep taps his comm link quickly "Mordun I think some flies got out the ship! Do you still have the spray can?  Get it and come out quick! If there are any flies out here we have to kill them before anyone gets here!"  "Crap now we've contaminated the space port!" Hep thinks to himself. He moves quickly to the exterior cargo hold atmo filter vents, located at the rear port of the ship, listening for the source of the sound.
  He wasn't really sure how the flies could have escaped the filters, he felt confident in the maintenance that had been done, had they missed a scheduled repair?  Or had something more sinister happened?....

OOC: So I'm guessing I failed the mechanics check earlier.  I though 27 would be a safe roll, maybe it was sabotage...I knew Aria was bad news.

This message was last edited by the player at 07:42, Fri 09 Dec 2016.

Mordun Tes
 player, 42 posts
Fri 9 Dec 2016
at 10:17
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
"Roger that" I run for my spray can, grab it and head out to help Hep.
Aria
 NPC, 18 posts
 Arkanian
Fri 9 Dec 2016
at 22:19
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
Mordun Tes:
Entring the sick bay, to Aria: "Thanks for helping this guy. What a pain. We don't need this. I just want to offload this stuff and get off this rock. I hope the Company gets here quickly. I'm not great on the company protocols. Can you remember anything we should be doing but aren't? I'll go dig up the checklists."

Aria just blinks and finally shrugs, "I'm new."

This message was last updated by the GM at 22:19, Fri 09 Dec 2016.

GM
 GM, 68 posts
 Game Master
 Big Dub...
Fri 9 Dec 2016
at 22:23
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
Hep moves to the back of the ship and listens for more of the buzzing sound, it seems to stop randomly every few seconds and then starts up again in no particular pattern.

Mordun runs off and grabs the can of Pest Away, and runs down the ramp to outside the ship.

OOC:  You passed your maintenance check, but can't possibly get to everything...

Perception checks to locate the sound please.

Hep Kresim
 player, 57 posts
 Beginnings
Sat 10 Dec 2016
at 04:57
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
06:47, Today: Hep Kresim rolled 18 using 1d20.  Hep rolls perception check.  18 + 4 perception skill mod = 22.

Ooc: Bug spray may something that will become part of Heps standard inventory
Mordun Tes
 player, 43 posts
Wed 14 Dec 2016
at 09:17
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
OOC: Were you guys waiting for me?? If so, sorry. Not sure if I was supposed to do a perception check too. Just in case, here goes:

11:17, Today: Mordun Tes rolled 12 using 1d20+8.  Perception Check to find Buzzing.
GM
 GM, 71 posts
 Game Master
 Big Dub...
Thu 15 Dec 2016
at 22:02
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
By the time Mordun comes outside Hep isn't immediately visible.  Holding the can of Pest Away, Mordun thinks the sound of the buzzing wings is coming from the far side of the ship.

Hep following the sound of the buzzing believes the buzzing is coming from the back of the ship.

OOC:  You both know where each other is at or headed OOC, but IC you haven't communicated yet.
Hep Kresim
 player, 61 posts
 Beginnings
Fri 16 Dec 2016
at 04:32
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
Hep taps his comm link "Mordun I'm at the back of the aft of the ship...the flies are somewhere around here...".Hep continues to search for the exact source of the sound.

06:27, Today: Hep Kresim rolled 2 using 1d20 ((2)). + 4 = 6.
Mordun Tes
 player, 48 posts
Fri 16 Dec 2016
at 11:12
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
"I'm on my way! I've got the spray."

running to find Hep
GM
 GM, 72 posts
 Game Master
 Big Dub...
Fri 16 Dec 2016
at 17:57
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
Hep can trace the sound of the buzzing to what seems to be the top of the ship...
Mordun Tes
 player, 49 posts
Mon 19 Dec 2016
at 12:29
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
OOC: Is there a way we can access the top of the ship using integrated ladders or hatches or do we need to find something to use?

If there is an integrated way to access the top of the ship, Mordun heads for that. If not, Mordun looks around the bay for a lift or ladder.
GM
 GM, 73 posts
 Game Master
 Big Dub...
Mon 19 Dec 2016
at 21:04
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
There are pull down handles/steps that you can use in a pinch without a proper ladder or platform.  You would have to pull yourself up.
Mordun Tes
 player, 50 posts
Tue 20 Dec 2016
at 00:15
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
OOC: I'm guessing I need a strength check.

Yep, par for the course:


02:14, Today: Mordun Tes rolled 4 using 1d20+1.  Strength check to climb to top of ship.

Hep Kresim
 player, 62 posts
 Beginnings
Tue 20 Dec 2016
at 20:55
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu

22:50, Today: Hep Kresim rolled 11 using 1d20 ((11)). Hep attempts ships ladder.
Shit! sounds like they are on top of the ship. Hep curses.

OOC Russ you realize Werner is just luring us into a position where we can get more HP damage, right?
GM
 GM, 75 posts
 Game Master
 Big Dub...
Tue 20 Dec 2016
at 22:04
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
Mordun grabs a hold of the two rung maintenance access ladder on the backside of the ship, but he only manages to use his fingers and slips off falling to the ground, luckily he manages not to break anything, but it wasn't a far fall afterall.  Perhaps the only thing damaged is his pride.

Hep grabs a hold of a ladder on the other side, and after some struggling he manages to get start pulling himself up.

Just at that moment the swish of the bay's pedestrian blast door is heard, and the sound of several heavy foot falls, some pounding in unison fills the bay.
Mordun Tes
 player, 51 posts
Wed 21 Dec 2016
at 00:08
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
OOC: This doesn't sound good.
Hep Kresim
 player, 63 posts
 Beginnings
Thu 22 Dec 2016
at 11:19
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
Hep turns his head hearing a lot more foot traffic than he was expecting.  'That doesn't doesn't sound a couple of medics and a company agent...' Hep Thinks to himself.  "Ah...Mordun that sounds like a lot people..." Hep says nervously looking over his shoulder at the landing bay door.

OOC I knew it! There's troopers after Aria! Maybe there's a reward...
Also Mordun didnt make it up the ladder yet which means I am still on the ground, correct?

This message was last edited by the player at 11:24, Thu 22 Dec 2016.

GM
 GM, 76 posts
 Game Master
 Big Dub...
Thu 22 Dec 2016
at 20:49
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
As Hep dangles from the ladder, Mordun can see under the ship across the bay comes a fire team of 4 Stormtroopers, and an Imperial officer of some type in his grey uniform.  He calls out, "In the name of the Empire, don't move!" in the usual Galactic core accent.

OOC:  Accent=British accent...

Just because troopers are here doesn't mean they're here for Aria...I love the paranoia though...Paranoia, another really fun RPG...

What you do next will determine if we need to roll for initiative or not...

Mordun Tes
 player, 52 posts
Fri 23 Dec 2016
at 19:17
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
"Hep, what do you think? I hate Imperial types but they definitely have the drop on us," Mordun says to Hep as he slowly raises his hands above his head. "Is the Company coming?"
Hep Kresim
 player, 64 posts
 Beginnings
Sat 24 Dec 2016
at 10:12
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
"Yeah... I don't think a fire fight is the correct solution here. Company is supposed to be on its way but I don't know why the station would send troopers instead of medics..." Hep says easing himself slowly down off the ladder and raising his hands.  "We have to talk to these guys..." He says to Mordun without looking up at him.
"Hello Officers I am first officer Hep Kresim and this Captain Mordun Tess.  An  Agricorp Representative will be here momentarily to make a statement and assist you. " Hep says flashing his best 'Please dont shoot me' smile.
His mind races as Hep tries to think of why an armed squad would be sent instead of a medical response team for a incident such as this....probably because the official was injured?

12:08, Today: Hep Kresim rolled 18 using 1d20.  Hep uses Bureaucracy knowledge check to figure out why guards were sent. 18 + 10 Bureaucracy Knowledge mod = 28

This message was last edited by the player at 10:17, Sat 24 Dec 2016.

GM
 GM, 77 posts
 Game Master
 Big Dub...
Sat 24 Dec 2016
at 10:42
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
The Imperial Officer pulls out his blaster pistol sidearm and points it at Hep, "Shuddap, scum!  Where are you holding him?"  The Stormtroopers have their blaster carbines leveled and split between Hep and Mordun.

Hep surmises that there is a good chance this response was due to the Customs Official being injured, and the question from the Imperial Officer likely confirms this conclusion.
Mordun Tes
 player, 53 posts
Sun 25 Dec 2016
at 02:51
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
"Hey there big guy - no need to be aggro. We're on the same side here," says Mordun, as usual being tripped up by his 8 charisma and his well-intended but clumsy attempts at relating to humans through their own vernacular. "He's onboard in our infirmary.

"And I thought YOU were the captain on this run" he says under his breath to Hep.
Hep Kresim
 player, 65 posts
 Beginnings
Sun 25 Dec 2016
at 06:30
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
"I'm not the captain if it gets me shot." Hep says under his breath. "Yes we have rendered aid. A agricorp representative is on their way to assist you." still smiling stupidly. Hep slowly moves his hand to tap his com link to patch into the ships comm and place a call to agricorp.
ooc do i have to roll to place a call?
GM
 GM, 78 posts
 Game Master
 Big Dub...
Sun 25 Dec 2016
at 20:07
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
The Imperial Officer looks back and forth between Hep and Mordun, he seems to be getting annoyed as he yells some more, "Hey I said shuddap!  And you stop moving!" emphasizing by jabbing his blaster towards Hep.

OOC:  Make a Stealth check to see if you're able to access the comlink without the Imperial Officer noticing.
Hep Kresim
 player, 66 posts
 Beginnings
Tue 27 Dec 2016
at 09:10
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
11:06, Today: Hep Kresim rolled 11 using 1d20.  Hep makes stealth check reaching for comm link. + 7 stealth mod = 18.

occ: now that i think about it that was a dumb thing to do...
GM
 GM, 79 posts
 Game Master
 Big Dub...
Tue 27 Dec 2016
at 18:49
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
Hep is lucky that the Imperial Officer turns away for a second to tell two of the Stormtroopers, "Sergeant, check the ship." before turning his attentions back to Hep and Mordun.  He just missed Hep moving his hand to the comlink, which makes a quiet but barely audible chime as it connects with the ship's communications.

The Imperial Officer yells again, "I said stop moving!" his voice getting a bit high pitched with the obvious anxiety.  One of the Stormtroopers steps up to Hep and swings his rifle back in a about-to-buttstroke-you motion...

OOC:  If you're going to fight, roll for initiative.  If not, and you're going to take it, you can make a reflex save to either avoid or minimize damage.
Mordun Tes
 player, 54 posts
Tue 27 Dec 2016
at 23:53
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
Mordun tries to step a bit forward and distract the stormtrooper to stop the assault "Hey, hey buddy, we're cooperating. What are you doing?"  I am just trying to distract and de-escalate, not trying to block the attack or get cracked myself.


In case I need an initiative roll:
18:52, Today: Mordun Tes rolled 24 using 1d20+9.  Trying to distract the stormtrooper to de-escalate the situation.

Hep Kresim
 player, 68 posts
 Beginnings
Mon 2 Jan 2017
at 06:50
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
OOC:  I tried to post while I was on vacay but it didnt go through....


15:58, Fri 30 Dec 2016: Hep Kresim rolled 1 using 1d20.  + 12 Reflex  = 13

OOC: D'Oh! Looks like I get a rifle but to the face! There's 2 numbers in the reflex though not sure which to use looks like 17/12.
GM
 GM, 83 posts
 Game Master
 Big Dub...
Mon 2 Jan 2017
at 21:26
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
Despite the usual reputation of the Stormtroopers, this one isn't distracted by Mordun's attempt to get his attention.  Although the other three Stormtroopers turn to look at him...

Meanwhile, the other Stormtrooper takes a good swing at Hep, and even if he was a clumsy fool and possibly would have completely missed, Hep in his haste to dampen the blow turns his head into the stroke and really, really puts his face into it with a sickening crack, and gets totally creamed.

OOC:  Hep takes 12 damage, and make a Fortitude save to not pass the * out.
Hep Kresim
 player, 69 posts
 Beginnings
Tue 3 Jan 2017
at 04:35
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
06:32, Today: Hep Kresim rolled 11 using 1d20.  Hep makes fort save. +12 fort mod = 23
Hep has 11 HP.
Mordun Tes
 player, 55 posts
Tue 3 Jan 2017
at 22:48
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
Wincing at the assault his friend just suffered,  Mordun holds his tongue and waits to see what happens.
Hep Kresim
 player, 70 posts
 Beginnings
Thu 5 Jan 2017
at 15:13
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
In reply to Mordun Tes (msg # 175):

Hep remains motionless and submits. Still mananging to stand.

OOC: I'm in no shape to fight now and unless Aria has a thermal detonator the odds are stacked against us at the moment.  Although the idea of shooting this guy is  becoming appealing.
GM
 GM, 85 posts
 Game Master
 Big Dub...
Fri 6 Jan 2017
at 20:08
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
The Stormtrooper recocks for another swing, but the Imperial Officer seeing Hep not fight back, but still standing calls out to the Stormtrooper, "Whoa! Hold Trooper!" as he walks over to Hep, standing beside the Stormtrooper.  He looks at Hep dead in the eyes, and says in a slightly mocking tone, "Submit alien scum.  Get on your knees."
Hep Kresim
 player, 71 posts
 Beginnings
Sat 7 Jan 2017
at 09:33
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
In reply to GM (msg # 177):

Hep gets on his knees.

OOC: OK Now I HAVE to kill this guy.  Maybe if i can in get the ship when they are leaving we can fire the guns at them.  Odd thought: Does the empire pay randsom? Also this may end up with me earning myself some dark side points via using Force points in anger...

Heps mind begins to race:  'If we try to kill these guys are Empire Security Protocols in place already to ground or shoot down our ship?'

10:25, Today: Hep Kresim rolled 15 using 1d20.  Hep makes a Bureacracy check. 15 + 10 Bureaucracy Knowledge = 25

Hep wonders is body armor standard issue for imperial officers? Could he be protected under his uniform?
10:33, Today: Hep Kresim rolled 16 using 1d20.  Hep makes another bureaucracy check.
16 + 10 Bureaucracy = 26
Mordun Tes
 player, 56 posts
Sun 8 Jan 2017
at 10:37
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
Trying to redirect the situation: "Officer, can we bring you to the sick customs officer? He's onboard. Please allow me to show you the way."
GM
 GM, 86 posts
 Game Master
 Big Dub...
Thu 12 Jan 2017
at 00:15
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
The Imperial Officer smiles smugly as Hep gets on his knees.  Satisfied, and before he can ask himself, Mordun offers the 'sick' Customs Official.  The Imperial Officer snaps a look at Mordun, "You are one ugly bastard."  As if remembering why he was even there he quickly adds, "And, oh yes, show us to that buffoon."

OOC:  So, you want to get into a firefight with the Imps? ...I'll take Hep's bureaucracy check for the body armor as a perception roll.  As far as you know they've never negotiated with 'terrorists' and it doesn't appear that the Imp Off is wearing any visible body armor.
Mordun Tes
 player, 57 posts
Thu 12 Jan 2017
at 08:23
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
OOC: OK Gents, I'm back in.

"Right this way, sir." Although not charismatic, Mordun's high wisdom tells him that it is best to ignore the slight.  He tries to get them moving toward the sick bay.
Hep Kresim
 player, 72 posts
 Beginnings
Fri 13 Jan 2017
at 17:27
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
In reply to Mordun Tes (msg # 181):

Ill stay where I am for now.
GM
 GM, 87 posts
 Game Master
 Big Dub...
Wed 18 Jan 2017
at 06:06
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
The Imperial Officer waves his hand in front of him plan down as if to indicate to Mordun to go first. One Stormtrooper stands near Hep, while the other falls in behind the Officer.

As you get closer to the ramp you can hear the distinct sound of shouting through a Stormtrooper helmet.
Mordun Tes
 player, 58 posts
Thu 19 Jan 2017
at 09:43
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
I start to lead the way....

Wait a minute! Shouting?! What shouting? Where is it coming from? What are they saying????
Hep Kresim
 player, 73 posts
 Beginnings
Fri 20 Jan 2017
at 09:53
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
In reply to Mordun Tes (msg # 184):

OOC: Ok so where is the stormtrooper that is staying behind in relation to me? The officer and the other stormtrooper are heading up the ramp, but is the one staying with me in front of me?  Is he facing me?

Hep stays kneeling and pays close attention to the situation as green blood trickles down his face.  He strains to hear the shouting stormtrooper in the ship....


11:51, Today: Hep Kresim rolled 7 using 1d20.  Hep makes perception check. + 4 Perception check = 11

OOC: Man I have to work on that perception mod...

GM
 GM, 89 posts
 Game Master
 Big Dub...
Mon 23 Jan 2017
at 22:19
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
As Mordun enters the ship he can hear the shouting through a Stormtrooper helmet speaker, "Hands!  Show me your hands!  Who are you?!"  A faint and nearly monotone female voice says something in reply, but what is said can't be immediately discerned.

On the outside of the ship Hep only manages to hear muffled shouting echoing from within, but cannot make out exactly what's being said.
Mordun Tes
 player, 59 posts
Tue 24 Jan 2017
at 17:48
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu


Uh-oh...

Is the trooper directly behind me or the officer? Are there any doorways I can dive into to buy a second or two to draw my blaster?
Hep Kresim
 player, 75 posts
 Beginnings
Wed 25 Jan 2017
at 07:39
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
In reply to Mordun Tes (msg # 187):
OOC: Sorry guys the rain has shorted my internet and iconnect hasnt shown to repair so my connection may be intermittent.

Hep's concern for getting him and his shipmates out of the situation alive has eclipsed his anger.  Staying in the prone position, Hep looks to see where the remaining trooper is and the direction that the trooper is facing.

OOC: So is the trooper in front or behind facing toward or away from Hep?
Also I have a game play question, my base initiative is +6 but I have the initiative class skill which is +11.  I should be using the class skill all the time.  Is there anytime where I would use the base initiative?

GM
 GM, 90 posts
 Game Master
 Big Dub...
Thu 26 Jan 2017
at 00:42
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
As Mordun enters the ship there are 3 ways to go, left is into one of the crew quarters, straight is into the garage hold, and right is into the crew common room and the rest of the ship.

OOC: You can see the layout of the ship (and the stats) in this post: link to a message in this game, and you can see the same (without stats) in the "Game Map" area under "group 2": Link back to this game.

The order as you enter the ship is Mordun, the Imperial Officer, and then the Stormtrooper (Sergeant).  The Imperial Officer seems to be falling back as everyone hears the shouting.  The Stormtrooper is moving past the Officer as he keys a commlink in his hand and says through the helmet speaker into it, "Bravo 2468, what's your situation?"

Hep, you're only on your knees at this point, so not as disadvantaged, but still slightly.  The Stormtrooper watching you is directly to your right about 1 meter away.  It is the one that butt-stroked you...

OOC: If you all want to roll initiative and go that route you can -- player's choice (except for the butt-stroke and the shouting, the Imps have not engaged in shooting or killin' just yet)... also I can't think of an instance where you wouldn't get your full initiative bonus, except perhaps for a surprise round.  Guess you're really in everyone's "OODA" loop...
Mordun Tes
 player, 60 posts
Thu 26 Jan 2017
at 09:15
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
I'm going to casually step aside to see if the sergeant will rush past me while he is distracted by his comms.

OOC: Otherwise still waiting to see what transpires. I am hoping to seem compliant so that if I have to draw, I can do so with a bit of surprise. We'll see how that works out.
Hep Kresim
 player, 76 posts
 Beginnings
Fri 27 Jan 2017
at 07:06
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
OOC:  Looks like my post from last night dropped...
Hep pays close attention to the guard on his right, prepared to draw and shoot if it should come to that.  A plan begins to form in his mind:  If shooting does start he would need to block more troopers from pouring into the bay.  Glancing at the bay security door he thinks back to all the slicing and security sites on the dark holonet that he has read to try to remember the manufacturer of the door, its model and its weaknesses.  Maybe there is a place he can shoot the door or control panel to disable it in the closed position?
21:25, Yesterday: Hep Kresim rolled 15 using 1d20.  Hep makes a Knowledge: Technology roll. 15 + 10 Knowledge Technology skill = 25
OOC: Shooting the control panel always seems to work in the movies *cough*
While he did have a security kit on him, the prospect of using it to seal a security door in an imperial controlled facility while troopers were running to your location was daunting to say the least.  He tries to remember if he has heard of any commonly used security codes or bypass security codes that are still in use because of bureaucratic complacency...

22:00, Yesterday: Hep Kresim rolled 3 using 1d20.  Hep makes a  bureaucracy check for misplaced security codes. 3 + 10 Knowledge Bureaucracy skill = 13

This message was last edited by the player at 07:10, Fri 27 Jan 2017.

Mordun Tes
 player, 61 posts
Fri 27 Jan 2017
at 09:05
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
OOC: When trying to close the door, may I suggest you punch in the following:

Login: admin
Password: admin

Just a thought  :-)

Hep Kresim
 player, 77 posts
 Beginnings
Fri 27 Jan 2017
at 15:58
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
In reply to Mordun Tes (msg # 192):

OOC: Maybe it's like the nuclear launch codes: all zeros.
Update:OOC: Also if we flee they will probably pursue or tractor beam us...

This message was last edited by the player at 15:36, Tue 31 Jan 2017.

GM
 GM, 93 posts
 Game Master
 Big Dub...
Fri 3 Feb 2017
at 19:45
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
In reply to Hep Kresim (msg # 191):

This particular model of door does have a lockout setting, and luckily you know it wouldn't take much to engage it if necessary.  However, despite the ineptitude of most bureaucrats, Imperial codes are actually hard to come by.

Mordun's side step is noticed by the Stormtrooper Sergeant, and he waves his blaster rifle rather ominously for you to move forward.  The Imperial Officer seems to be slowing his pace even more and is well behind the Stormtrooper now.  After a split-second the comlink crackles to life with a transmission, "Bravo Two-Seven, 2-4-6-8, we have one female Arkanian in custody, and we found our package in the sickbay, over.".  Stormtrooper 27 nods as he replies, "Copy, enroute with one crew member and the Lieutenant.  Standby."  Two key clicks seems to be a satisfying response as the Stormtrooper puts his comlink away and as much expression that can be relayed through the stoic mask of a Trooper looks to Mordun to continue on.
Hep Kresim
 player, 80 posts
 Beginnings
Sat 4 Feb 2017
at 08:02
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
In reply to GM (msg # 194):

Hep begins to wonder where the damn company rep is.  Hopefully the company rep can fix the situation before the shooting begins. What if the company would rather fire them than get them out of the mess? They have to flee for their lives, stealing a company ship in the process.  Exploring the outer rim in the youthful spirit of discovery was one thing, becoming an outlaw stealing for a living until you were killed or sent to the imperial cubes was another.  Did the empire even bother with the cubes for non-humans?  Did they just space non-human criminals? On Duros he was insulated from direct contact with imperial control, but now having gotten a taste of it, he was beginning to see the appeal of rebellion.  Clearly compliance didnt have that much benefit.
Mordun Tes
 player, 63 posts
Mon 6 Feb 2017
at 10:10
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
I'll carry on into the sick bay.
GM
 GM, 97 posts
 Game Master
 Big Dub...
Thu 9 Feb 2017
at 19:58
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
As Mordun leads the Stormtrooper Sergeant and the Imperial Officer to the sick bay, a scene unfolds with Aria on her knees and hands on her head with fingers interlocked at the moment.  One Stormtrooper is holding a blaster carbine to the back of her head, while the other is trying to check vitals on the Customs Officer still unconscious, and luckily for your sakes still breathing on the one sick bay bed.

The Imperial Officer seems to suddenly find some courage as he pushes past and moves to the bedside of the Customs Officer.  He mutters a curse under his breath before snapping his head at Mordun, "What happened here horny?"
Mordun Tes
 player, 65 posts
Fri 10 Feb 2017
at 11:58
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
Saccorian grain flies, sir. He's been bitten. They are non-fatal. He will recover just fine. We have sealed the hold and notified our employer, TAGGE Corp.  They are sending an agent who should be here soon. Can I help you move this man to your infirmary, sir?
GM
 GM, 98 posts
 Game Master
 Big Dub...
Fri 10 Feb 2017
at 21:20
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
The Imperial Officer's eyes narrow as if he didn't quite believe Mordun.  He turns to the Stormtrooper Sergeant, "Get the medical transport here.  And tell command we've got the Moff's nephew."  Turning to look at Mordun and Aria he adds, "And arrest these creatures." with an emphasis of disdain on the word 'creatures.'
Hep Kresim
 player, 82 posts
 Beginnings
Sun 12 Feb 2017
at 06:09
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
In reply to GM (msg # 199):

OOC: Hmmm a Moff's nephew eh?  Sounds like a good way to bring the entire empire down on us...would the rebels want him?
Hep Kresim
 player, 84 posts
 Beginnings
Sun 12 Feb 2017
at 21:07
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
In reply to Hep Kresim (msg # 200):

OOC: So what is the trooper closest to me doing now?  Russ, it's time to get the party started.
GM
 GM, 101 posts
 Game Master
 Big Dub...
Mon 13 Feb 2017
at 04:18
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
The Stormtrooper Sergeant gets on the comlink, "Trooper 636, arrest the green one."  Just as one Stormtrooper takes out some binders and begins reaching for Aria's hands on top of her head, while the other takes out binders and looks at Mordun with a second of hesitation.

Stormtrooper 636 standing watch over Hep perks up as he receives an incoming transmission ~"Trooper 636, arrest the green one."~ and takes out a set of binders and commands, "Hands on your head greeny!"

OOC:  Remember, Hep wouldn't know exactly what was said inside the ship, but I've just given Hep an indication of what is about to happen, Hep just doesn't know why...

If you want to try something, roll initiative.

Hep Kresim
 player, 85 posts
 Beginnings
Mon 13 Feb 2017
at 06:40
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
In reply to GM (msg # 202):

OOC: Do I need an initiative roll to attempt a deception?
GM
 GM, 102 posts
 Game Master
 Big Dub...
Mon 13 Feb 2017
at 09:53
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
In reply to Hep Kresim (msg # 203):

OOC: Nope, I suppose not.  Go ahead and roll, and give the text of it.
Hep Kresim
 player, 86 posts
 Beginnings
Mon 13 Feb 2017
at 10:40
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
In reply to GM (msg # 204):

12:22, Today: Hep Kresim rolled 13 using 1d20 ((13)).
13 + 10 Deception Skill = 23

Hep looking past the guard and doing his best seem relieved and as if the situation has changed dramitically in his favor says with a devil may care smirk "Why don't you tell that to the wookie behind you."
OOC: Gig is up I guess I have to roll initiative now....Im not going back to jail.

12:35, Today: Hep Kresim rolled 19 using 1d20.  Hep rolls initiative.
19 + 11 Initiative skill = 30
GM
 GM, 103 posts
 Game Master
 Big Dub...
Mon 13 Feb 2017
at 16:40
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
Hep Kresim:
Hep looking past the guard and doing his best seem relieved and as if the situation has changed dramitically in his favor says with a devil may care smirk "Why don't you tell that to the wookie behind you."

The Stormtrooper seems to hesitate, as if deciding to believe you or not.  Recruiting good Stormtroopers must be hard these days, as this one perhaps out of an abundance of caution actually falls for the ruse and turns to look behind him.

OOC:  You're lucky he rolled low, but you got him.  Now declare your surprise round action.
Hep Kresim
 player, 87 posts
 Beginnings
Mon 13 Feb 2017
at 17:31
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
In reply to GM (msg # 206):

OOC: AHAHAHA...Man, better lucky than good...
Hep almost unable to believe such an outrageously simple ruse worked, draws and shoots his heavy blaster pistol...
OOC: I'm going to use a force point for this, just declaring it before I roll...

19:21, Today: Hep Kresim rolled 16 using 1d20.  Hep rolls for surprize attack on trooper.
9:23, Today: Hep Kresim rolled 2 using 1d6.  Hep force point roll for surprize attack on Trooper.
 Nat 16 + Force 2 + Tab 5 + Point Blank Feat +1 = 24

If its a hit damage roll is
19:30, Today: Hep Kresim rolled 3 using 1d8. + 1 Point Blank Feat Damage.= 4.

OOC: Do I get a second attack for surprise?

This message was last edited by the player at 18:44, Mon 13 Feb 2017.

GM
 GM, 104 posts
 Game Master
 Big Dub...
Mon 13 Feb 2017
at 20:36
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
Just as the apparently easily fooled Stormtrooper realizes he was just played by one of the oldest tricks in the book he starts to turn back, and catches a blaster bolt in the armpit between some of the more protective parts of the Stormtrooper armor.  He lets out a yelp of surprise and pain, "Aaah!" as he stumbles back, falling down sprawled out.

OOC: Let's give Mordun/Russ a chance to roll initiative and declare actions before we move into the regular round.  Or he may just allow himself to be handcuffed...

EDIT:  Got the damage dice right, and it was actually a killing shot by Hep on the ST...

This message was last edited by the GM at 00:20, Thu 16 Feb 2017.

Mordun Tes
 player, 66 posts
Tue 14 Feb 2017
at 05:46
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
Mordun's fuzzy - and unfortunately very short -  foresight gives him a feeling that things are unfolding poorly for his friend Hep in the instant before he hears the muffled blaster shot from outside the ship. Hoping to gain some advantage by pushing a fast and forceful offense, Mordun draws his heavy blaster pistol and fires at the nearest stormtrooper while trying to maneuver to put the officer between us and me closer to the door.

Initiative Roll
07:34, Today: Mordun Tes rolled 24 using 1d20+9.  Initiative.

Shot at Stormtrooper:

07:43, Today: Mordun Tes rolled 22 using 1d20+4.  Shot at stormtrooper.

I am definitely keen to use a force point here:

07:44, Today: Mordun Tes rolled 3 using 1d6.  Use of Force Point to add to shot at stormtrooper.

OOC: So, I think that's a 25 to hit this guy but I'm not entirely sure about what modifiers I can use. I have a ranged attack bonus of +4, which I added to the roll. Do I add dexterity? If so, that's a +4.

Hep Kresim
 player, 88 posts
 Beginnings
Tue 14 Feb 2017
at 07:55
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
In reply to Mordun Tes (msg # 209):

OOC: The book says 1 force point per round, are we playing that rule? And it's only 1 force point at a time correct?
GM
 GM, 107 posts
 Game Master
 Big Dub...
Tue 14 Feb 2017
at 22:05
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
Perhaps it's the long working relationship and friendship shared between Mordun and Hep, perhaps it's the Force, if you believe in that sort of thing, or the natural precog abilities of Mordun's race.  Whatever it was, somehow Mordun felt something, like an unspoken message just before hearing the muffled blaster shot.  Mordun knew it was time to take action.

Drawing his blaster with practiced ease, Mordun made a close combat shot from the hip.  In the close quarters of the ship passageway it was near impossible to miss.  There was a momentary flash of blue as the blaster bolt shot out at point blank range into the Stormtrooper Sergeant's chest before he could do anything.  He seemed to be stunned as he fell back against the passageway doorway.

OOC:  Your shot hits, I figured you would go for the tactical head of the snake and shot the Sergeant (as there are two troopers next to you).  Mordun, there is a group 3 game map that only you can see currently laying out the positions of friendly and foe.  There is also the currently incapacitated customs officer on the sick bay bed.

In game terms, the ST Sgt is not dead, but he took a pretty good hit.

This message was last edited by the GM at 00:02, Thu 16 Feb 2017.

Mordun Tes
 player, 67 posts
Wed 15 Feb 2017
at 13:55
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
OOC: I was going for the Iktotchi's limited ability for precognition here: "Mordun's fuzzy - and unfortunately very short -  foresight gives him a feeling that things are unfolding poorly for his friend Hep in the instant before he hears the muffled blaster shot from outside the ship."

It's a cool feature of this race and is what makes them great pilots.

Blaster damage (it's d8, right?):
15:54, Today: Mordun Tes rolled 5 using 1d8.

Mordun Tes
 player, 68 posts
Thu 16 Feb 2017
at 11:56
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu



As initiative allows, I would like to try to shoot at #2 while backing past the downed SGT in hopes of getting some cover by the doorway into the main hold (location #3 on the map). Unless it looks like SGT is still in the fight in which case I'll target him on my way by.
Hep Kresim
 player, 91 posts
 Beginnings
Thu 16 Feb 2017
at 17:14
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
In reply to Mordun Tes (msg # 213):

18:56, Today: Hep Kresim rolled 4 using 1d20.  Hep rolls for init.
4 + 11 init mod = 15.
OOC: Damn it.
Hep could not believe his luck when he managed to kill the trooper who had fallen for the oldest trick in the book.  He looks around hoping he could get the opportunity to seal the bay door from his side before reinforcements come.  Scanning his path to the bay door, looking for anything he can use for cover as attempts to make way over.  Hep taps his comm link: "Mordun! Aria! I got the trooper out here! I need to seal the bay door before reinforcements get here! Take the troopers binder cuffs and restrain the officer and the official!"
GM
 GM, 110 posts
 Game Master
 Big Dub...
Thu 16 Feb 2017
at 22:33
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
The Stormtrooper (#2) raises his blaster carbine and fires at Mordun as he makes a mad dash for the main hold.  Luckily the Sergeant is stunned long enough to not take action as Mordun leaps over him to get through the doorway.  The last leap manages to keep the Stormtrooper (#2) from getting a good bead on Mordun as a blaster bolt slams into the door frame moments after Mordun lands in the main hold.

The other Stormtrooper (#1) makes a clumsy grab of Aria in an attempt to control her, but she manages to duck and roll out of the way.  The Imperial Officer draws his blaster pistol and attempts to fire at Mordun in the main hold narrowly missing through the doorway.

As Hep makes a zig zag run for the bay doors, he transmits to the others.  Comlinks crackle to life with his message, "Mordun! Aria! I got the trooper out here! I need to seal the bay door before reinforcements get here! Take the troopers binder cuffs and restrain the officer and the official!"  Of course easier said than done...

Aria draws her blaster pistol from beneath her jacket and summarily drops her blaster pistol in the tight quarters of the sick bay!

The Sergeant from his seated position on the floor brings his blaster carbine to bear on Mordun.  Unfortunately his skill is better than the average Stormtrooper and Mordun catches a blaster bolt in the ribs.  While it hurts like hell, the Iktotchi is tough enough to not get knocked on his ass, barely.

Just before Hep reaches the bay doors, the pedestrian doorway slides open with a man silhouetted against the daylight behind him...

OOC: Some lucky rolls going both ways.  Mordun you take 13 damage, but you manage not to get knocked down the Condition Track, so no minuses although it's nearly half your hit points.
Hep Kresim
 player, 92 posts
 Beginnings
Fri 17 Feb 2017
at 08:17
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
In reply to GM (msg # 215):

OOC: Can I make a perception Check? If so....

Hep squints to try to see who the person who came in is....

10:15, Today: Hep Kresim rolled 12 using 1d20.  Hep makes Perception check..
12 + 4 perception check = 16
GM
 GM, 111 posts
 Game Master
 Big Dub...
Fri 17 Feb 2017
at 19:19
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
In reply to Hep Kresim (msg # 216):

OOC:  We'll go through the round in initiative order, and then I can reveal who you see.

Mordun
NPC Stormtroopers
NPC Imperial Officer
Hep
Aria
NPC Stormtrooper Sgt
Mystery Person...

Hep Kresim
 player, 93 posts
 Beginnings
Fri 17 Feb 2017
at 19:46
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
In reply to GM (msg # 217):

OOC: It's totally yoda isnt it. Guys! Yoda is here! we're saved!
Mordun Tes
 player, 69 posts
Sun 19 Feb 2017
at 13:15
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
Assuming he's looking high, I'm going to go low and try to shoot around the doorframe at the wounded sergeant.


15:12, Today: Mordun Tes rolled 9 using 1d20+4.  Shot at wounded SGT.

On the comms: "HEP! I COULD REALLY USE SOME HELP HERE!"
Hep Kresim
 player, 94 posts
 Beginnings
Sun 19 Feb 2017
at 14:30
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
In reply to Mordun Tes (msg # 219):

OOC:  I should really close that door but maybe I just get on the ship and we can scram....ok so I will head back the ship.
Hep stops "Shit! OK I'm on my way!" Hep spins and bolts for the ship with his heavy blaster out.
GM
 GM, 115 posts
 Game Master
 Big Dub...
Mon 20 Feb 2017
at 00:08
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
Mordun pokes his blaster around the doorway and fires at the Stormtrooper Sergeant, in his haste he shoots wide and scorches the side of the ship passageway.   The Stormtrooper (#2) in the passageway takes a pot shot as Mordun's horns peek out.  Mordun easily ducks back behind cover before the bolt shoots by striking the table of the main hold sending some sparks showering, but no real damage.  Back behind cover Mordun yells into his comlink, "HEP! I COULD REALLY USE SOME HELP HERE!"

Hep replies, "Shit! OK I'm on my way!" as he spins and bolts for the ship with his heavy blaster out.  As Hep runs away from the shadowy figure he hears a young man's voice call out, "Hey!"  Hep manages to run like hell for the ship ramp, entering the ship he sees Mordun in the main hold by the doorway to the engine room exchanging blaster bolts with someone in the passageway that must be the Imperials.

The sounds of a physical struggle and two blaster shots come from the sick bay.  A loud smack can be heard that is followed by a particularly sickening crack just before the sound of a helmet hitting the floor or wall.

The Stormtrooper Sergeant attempts to roll away from the doorway in an attempt to find better cover.  Obviously he has slightly better tactical sense than the average Stormtrooper, which is probably what allowed him to live long enough to become a Sergeant.  He clumsily fires his blaster through the doorway more in an attempt to keep heads down so he can tactically re-position himself.
Hep Kresim
 player, 95 posts
 Beginnings
Mon 20 Feb 2017
at 08:14
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
In reply to GM (msg # 221):

OOC: So we have NPC Trooper Sgt. and Mysterious before the initiative cycles back to Mordun?
GM
 GM, 116 posts
 Game Master
 Big Dub...
Mon 20 Feb 2017
at 13:49
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
In reply to Hep Kresim (msg # 222):

OOC: Nope that was the round summation.  Mordun can kick us off again.
Mordun Tes
 player, 71 posts
Mon 20 Feb 2017
at 14:46
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
I keep shooting!!!!! Targeting the nearest threat. (I still can't see the adjusted map).


16:46, Today: Mordun Tes rolled 23 using 1d20+4.


GM
 GM, 118 posts
 Game Master
 Big Dub...
Mon 20 Feb 2017
at 15:17
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
In reply to Mordun Tes (msg # 224):

OOC: The nearest target would be the Stormtrooper Sgt trying to roll away...

Hep Kresim
 player, 96 posts
 Beginnings
Mon 20 Feb 2017
at 15:20
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
In reply to Mordun Tes (msg # 224)

Hep takes cover once inside the ship EDIT:
Runs over to Morduns Location...
and takes aim at the closest target with his heavy blaster...wincing at the probable repairs he will have to make later...

17:11, Today: Hep Kresim rolled 19 using 1d20.  Hep takes shot at nearest target.
19 + 5 = 24
Using Precise shot feat
OOC: Not sure who is where exactly but I have the precise shot feat so no -5 penalty for firing into combat.
EDIT: GM: Will you allow the position change in the post?  The map is visible to me now...

Damage for a Hit
17:17, Today: Hep Kresim rolled 11 using 3d8 ((6,4,1)) + 1 = 12

This message was last edited by the player at 15:37, Mon 20 Feb 2017.

GM
 GM, 121 posts
 Game Master
 Big Dub...
Thu 23 Feb 2017
at 03:44
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
Mordun peeks around the doorway and let's off a shot at the Stormtrooper Sergeant, although he's prone he still very much poses a threat.  The blaster bolt sneaks in under the Stormtrooper's armored plates at his armpit and he seems to seize for a moment before going completely limp on the floor already.

The Stormtrooper in the hallway sensing the desperation of the situation fires wildly towards the main hold or where Mordun last had his head exposed partially.  Unfortunately for him his fire is highly ineffectual.

Another blaster shot comes from the sick bay as you hear high pitched screaming, "Aaaaiieee!"

Quickly running to his shipmates side Hep pops around the doorway and let's loose a heavy blaster bolt into the chest of the lone Stormtrooper in the middle of the hallway with no where to go but down.  And down hard he does, crumbling like a puppet with his strings just cut hitting the floor with a thud.

The sound of slowly approaching foot falls can be heard coming from the boarding ramp...
Hep Kresim
 player, 97 posts
 Beginnings
Thu 23 Feb 2017
at 10:32
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
In reply to GM (msg # 227):

Hep Taps his commlink: "Aria are there any left in sickback?".  Hearing the footsteps he turns to look while telling Mordun in a hushed voiced "Someone's coming up the ramp.."

OOC: Just dawned on me, what are we going to do with the company guy?

This message was last edited by the player at 12:01, Thu 23 Feb 2017.

Mordun Tes
 player, 72 posts
Thu 23 Feb 2017
at 13:32
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
"Hep, close that ramp!" shouts Mordun as he runs down the hall to the sick bay to back up Aria.

OOC: If there are any Imps left, I'll take a shot if I can get a clear one:
15:31, Today: Mordun Tes rolled 14 using 1d20+4.

Hep Kresim
 player, 98 posts
 Beginnings
Thu 23 Feb 2017
at 14:03
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
In reply to Mordun Tes (msg # 229):

Hep runs to the ramp controls to close them as quickly as possible...with his Blaster out

OOC: Where are the ramp controls? in the Cockpit?
EDIT: Oh Wait it's probably by the ramp...

This message was last edited by the player at 15:33, Thu 23 Feb 2017.

Mordun Tes
 player, 73 posts
Thu 23 Feb 2017
at 14:50
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
OOC: In case I hit, here's my damage roll: 16:50, Today: Mordun Tes rolled 4 using 3d8.

Ugh! I think my blaster is set on "tickle"

GM
 GM, 123 posts
 Game Master
 Big Dub...
Thu 23 Feb 2017
at 18:57
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
As Mordun runs up to the sick bay door he sees the Imperial Officer's back, but beyond him is Aria in a martial stance ready to strike in hand-to-hand while the Imperial has his blaster out and pointed at her.  Just behind Aria is a Stormtrooper slumped against the wall with his helmet/head twisted in a very awkward way.  Mordun let's loose with a shot the slashes across the shoulder of the Imperial Officer causing him to spin around and shoot at Mordun that he easily avoids as he dashes across the doorway.

Aria high kicks the Imperial Officer right in the back of head sending him tripping right out into the hallway next to Mordun.

Meanwhile as Hep runs up to the ramp to close it he's a little late to stop their newest guest...
Jimmi
 NPC, 1 post
 Near Human Fixer
 Jimmi Klaas
Thu 23 Feb 2017
at 19:09
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
Jimmi is just strolling up the ramp of the Reaper as he comes face to face with Hep's heavy blaster pistol.  He just about jumps out of his pants, as he yells "Aaaaahhhh!" in surprise rather unceremoniously.  Putting up his arms in front of his face as if that would stop the blaster bolt from harming him.  He yells, "Don't shoot, don't shoot!"

OOC: For physical description see here: Link back to this game

This message was last edited by the GM at 19:15, Thu 23 Feb 2017.

Mordun Tes
 player, 74 posts
Thu 23 Feb 2017
at 20:15
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
Mordun drops low and uses the door frame as cover as he tries to correct his aim at the stormtrooper he grazed.

22:13, Today: Mordun Tes rolled 10 using 1d20+4.

Can't imagine I hit but just in case, here's damage:
22:14, Today: Mordun Tes rolled 13 using 3d8.

Hep Kresim
 player, 99 posts
 Beginnings
Fri 24 Feb 2017
at 04:49
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
In reply to Jimmi (msg # 233):

Hep slaps the ramp toggle control to close it. "You must be from the company. Do yourself a favor sit down and stay right here pointing to the floor keeping his blaster up.
Hep goes back over to assist Mordun.
OOC What's the initiative now? I go after who ever is in the hallway?

This message was last edited by the player at 06:50, Fri 24 Feb 2017.

GM
 GM, 125 posts
 Game Master
 Big Dub...
Fri 24 Feb 2017
at 05:18
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
The sudden movement of Mordun dropping low and the stumbling of the Imperial Officer causes Mordun to miss with his blaster shoot.  Instead scoring the ceiling (and likely to piss Hep off later...).

The Imperial Officer attempts to twist and shoot at Mordun while yelling, "Aaahh!" But it's a bit too much for him and his shot goes wide striking something down the hallway (...towards the engine room...).

As the ramp closes the new guy (Jimmi) is shoved into the ship as he was on the last part of the top of the ramp.  He immediately takes a seat at Hep's command, just before Hep dashes off making it to the doorway of the deadliest passageway on the ship at the moment.

Aria comes out into the hallway and attempts to grab the Imperial Officer by the throat, but the Officer is just a hair too quick and moves out of the way.  Problem now is that she's engaged in melee in a tight passageway with the Imperial and blaster shots flying everywhere.

OOC:  Yep, initiative is:
Mordun
ImpOff
Hep
Aria
Jimmi

Map is updated.

Mordun Tes
 player, 75 posts
Fri 24 Feb 2017
at 13:02
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
OOC: As I understand it, two troopers are down, one is pinned in the sick bay and the officer is now in the hallway grappling with Aria. Is that correct?

Assuming that is correct:


Mordun ignores the officer as he stumbles past him and takes another shot at the stormtrooper in the sick bay. Distracted by the melee next to him, his aim is way off:

14:57, Today: Mordun Tes rolled 7 using 1d20+4.

Hep Kresim
 player, 100 posts
 Beginnings
Fri 24 Feb 2017
at 13:15
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
In reply to Mordun Tes (msg # 237):
Hep looks on with dismay as Mordun stumbles towards the sickbay, "What the hell is he thinking?" he mutters to himself.  He sets his Heavy Blaster to Stun now worried that not one but two of his comrades are in the line of fire.  Waiting for an opening to fire, Hep muses: "Maybe the officer is worth something to the rebellion, that would be a reason to keep him alive.  But what will we do with a low level customs officer?"
OOC: I dont think Hep knows that the customs officer is the Moff's nephew...

This message was last edited by the player at 13:36, Fri 24 Feb 2017.

GM
 GM, 126 posts
 Game Master
 Big Dub...
Fri 24 Feb 2017
at 19:21
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
Mordun manages to squeeze by Aria as she's trying to slam the Imperial Officer against the ladder to the ship guns.  He hastily lets off a shot at the prone Stormtrooper on the other side of the sick bay bed, and the shot goes wide, but the resonance against the bulkhead seems to cause the already slumped Stormtrooper to roll off the wall and while his torso landed face down, his face was the exact opposite...

The Imperial Officer attempts to shoot Aria in the tight confines of the passageway.  With the close proximity the Imperial doesn't miss.  Aria takes the hit right in the belly and doesn't even appear to flinch as she continues to press the attack attempting to throw her knee into the Imperial.  Unfortunately, she misjudges the space and misses landing herself next to the Imperial Officer.

Hep holds his fire waiting for a clear shot, but now Aria is even more in the way.  Should he shoot and risk hitting his compatriot (for all he knows caused the Imperials to come down on them) or do something else?

OOC: I'm going to have to attribute the confusion to the fog of war.  In a previous message you did notice the Stormtrooper in the sick bay was on the floor against the wall with his helmet/head at an awkward angle...however, if you still think he's alive, you're welcome to shoot him.

And you're correct, Hep doesn't know about the import of the Customs Officer.  Good avoidance of meta-gaming.

Hep Kresim
 player, 101 posts
 Beginnings
Sat 25 Feb 2017
at 06:39
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
In reply to GM (msg # 239):

OOC so the Officer is standing and Aria is on the ground?
Mordun Tes
 player, 76 posts
Sat 25 Feb 2017
at 10:45
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
I'm not sure who is still standing so I shoot at the threat that I perceive to be most imminent.


To hit:
12:44, Today: Mordun Tes rolled 18 using 1d20+4.

Damage:
12:44, Today: Mordun Tes rolled 13 using 3d8.
Hep Kresim
 player, 102 posts
 Beginnings
Sat 25 Feb 2017
at 15:44
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
In reply to Mordun Tes (msg # 241):

Hep exhales and steadies his Heavy Blaster, firing at the Imperial Office. Even with the stun setting it's still a dangerous maneuverer that could kill Aria if he misses the officer.

17:35, Today: Hep Kresim rolled 15 using 1d20.  Hep fires his Heavy Blaster on Stun.
15 + 5 = 20 Using Precise shot feat no -5 firing into melee penalty.


17:42, Today: Hep Kresim rolled 18 using 3d8 ((8,4,6)) + 1.
Stun damamge = 19/ 2 = 9

OOC: Round up or down on half HP damage? rounded down in this case.

This message was last edited by the player at 15:52, Sat 25 Feb 2017.

GM
 GM, 127 posts
 Game Master
 Big Dub...
Sat 25 Feb 2017
at 18:12
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
Mordun realizing the Stormtrooper in sick bay is quite dead turns and fires at the Imperial Officer.  He manages not to hit Aria and the Imperial Officer grimaces in pain as he takes a blaster shot right to the chest, yet he's still standing, but definitely worse off.

The Imperial Officer no longer concerned with the unarmed Aria attempts to return the favor to Mordun.  He misses wide as he's trying to catch his breath from taking a blaster to the chest, scoring more of the ship walls much to Hep's dismay.

Hep decides to end the fray, setting his heavy blaster to stun.  As the blueish rings hit the Imperial Officer he throws his arms up with a grunt as he gets knocked over falling into the space of the ladder to the guns.

Aria apparently unphased by the blaster bolts flying in close proximity from her luckily accurate compatriots grabs a hold of the unconscious (or dead?) Imperial Officer by the front of his collar lifting him up off the floor to waist level with apparent relative ease.  Her face is emotionless as she stares at the Imperial.

OOC: Aria just missed previously and was standing next to the ImpOff.  Combat has ended at this point...unless you want to blast the new guy...
Mordun Tes
 player, 77 posts
Sat 25 Feb 2017
at 18:59
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
"Holy shit! This is a disaster. I'm firing up the engines! We gotta get outta here before this whole place comes down on us" shouts Mordun running for the cockpit. He starts the ignition sequence, thinking to himself, "I hope we didn't blast anything critical."
Hep Kresim
 player, 103 posts
 Beginnings
Sun 26 Feb 2017
at 08:34
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
In reply to Mordun Tes (msg # 244):

"Disaster? I think that went rather well."  Hep says managing a sarcastic half smile on his still swollen and bloody face.  Hep jogs into the hall with troopers strew about and picks binder cuffs off the dead troopers. "Aria, we have to get out of here now. If that Officer is still alive put some binder cuffs on him and lock him the closet. I'll get the customs guy in cuffs.  Company Guy!" Hep yells "Get over here I need a hand with something."
OOC: Is the customs guys still out of it? If so...
Hep enters the medical bay stepping over the dead trooper and cuffs the unconscious customs officers hands behind his back. He moves back out to the hallway locking the medical bay behind him.
Running past Aria Hep says in passing "Get him restrained and locked up we need you on the guns. I have to get up front and do the navigation."
Jimmi
 NPC, 2 posts
 Near Human Fixer
 Jimmi Klaas
Mon 27 Feb 2017
at 03:45
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
Mordun Tes:
"Holy shit! This is a disaster. I'm firing up the engines! We gotta get outta here before this whole place comes down on us" shouts Mordun running for the cockpit. He starts the ignition sequence, thinking to himself, "I hope we didn't blast anything critical."

Jimmi peeks around the corner from the ramp and sees the flash of Mordun running for the cockpit, "Um, excuse me..." he says rather quietly.  Mordun obviously doesn't hear him with other things on his mind.

Hep Kresim:
"Disaster? I think that went rather well."  Hep says managing a sarcastic half smile on his still swollen and bloody face.  Hep jogs into the hall with troopers strew about ...  "Company Guy!" Hep yells "Get over here I need a hand with something."</b>

Jimmi peeks around the corner again, guessing Hep is trying to call to him, he attempts to yell back, "What?!  Uh, you told me to sit here and not move.  Is it safe?!" his voice cracking a little at the end.
Aria
 NPC, 19 posts
 Arkanian
Mon 27 Feb 2017
at 03:59
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
Hep Kresim:
"Disaster? I think that went rather well."  Hep says managing a sarcastic half smile on his still swollen and bloody face.  Hep jogs into the hall with troopers strew about and picks binder cuffs off the dead troopers. "Aria, we have to get out of here now. If that Officer is still alive put some binder cuffs on him and lock him the closet. I'll get the customs guy in cuffs.  Company Guy!" Hep yells "Get over here I need a hand with something."

Aria still holding the Imperial Officer by his collar, glances up at Hep as he addresses her.  Her face still emotionless and even harder to read with her all white Arkanian eyes, she nods ever so slightly before letting go of the barely breathing Imperial Officer.  His head hits the deck with a sickening thud, and his breathing seems to stop for a split second before his chest shallowly rises again.

Hep Kresim:
Hep enters the medical bay ... He moves back out to the hallway locking the medical bay behind him.

Running past Aria Hep says in passing "Get him restrained and locked up we need you on the guns. I have to get up front and do the navigation."

As Hep comes back into the hallway Aria is retrieving a set of binder cuffs from one of the Stormtrooper corpses.  At Hep's behest to get on the guns, a very brief flash of emotion shows on Aria's face in the form of a grimace before going back to stony faced with a nod in compliance.  She moves to apply the binder cuffs to the barely breathing Imperial Officer before hoisting him over her shoulder like a sack of Corellian potatoes.
GM
 GM, 129 posts
 Game Master
 Big Dub...
Mon 27 Feb 2017
at 04:09
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
Mordun Tes:
"Holy shit! This is a disaster. I'm firing up the engines! We gotta get outta here before this whole place comes down on us" shouts Mordun running for the cockpit. He starts the ignition sequence, thinking to himself, "I hope we didn't blast anything critical."

The engines seem to start up just fine as Mordun runs through the ignition sequence.  A little light on the console does light up, flashing red, one that doesn't often.  Peering closely the label reads 'Cargo Hold Ventilation'... Mordun being the expert pilot that he is realizes that means a breach in the one-way venting system, which means anything more than atmospheric flight (i.e., space flight) is likely going to require a repair.

Hep Kresim:
...Hep enters the medical bay stepping over the dead trooper and cuffs the unconscious customs officers hands behind his back. He moves back out to the hallway locking the medical bay behind him...

The Customs Officer is still unconscious, snoring away although still slightly puffy and swollen from the Sacorrian fly stings.  Rolling the unconscious Customs Officer on his side to get his hands behind his back and cuffed actually stops the snoring, for a second -- maybe it's a little unusual...or not.
Hep Kresim
 player, 104 posts
 Beginnings
Mon 27 Feb 2017
at 04:28
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
Hep pauses to talk to Jimmy "Listen company guy there are prisoners locked in the medical bay and the closet. Don't worry it's totally legit. If you see or hear them trying to get out get on the ships intercom and tell us.  Right now we have to get out here as fast as possible." Hep continues to run to the cockpit. Once there he straps in and assists Mordun with preflight and gets the nav computer ready from some last second Astrogation calculations.
Glancing at the instrumentation panel Heps jaw drops. "The cargo hold atmo vents are malfunctioning? We'll have to hide on planet untill I can fix that! OK well let's get away from the spaceport first."

This message was last edited by the player at 15:40, Mon 27 Feb 2017.

Jimmi
 NPC, 3 posts
 Near Human Fixer
 Jimmi Klaas
Mon 27 Feb 2017
at 05:06
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
Hep Kresim:
Hep pauses to talk to Jimmy "Listen company guy there are prisoners locked in the medical bay and the closet. Don't worry it's totally legit. If you see or hear them trying to get out get on the ships intercom and tell us.  Right now we have to get out here as fast as possible." ...

Jimmi still sitting by the ramp cross-legged looks up at the bloodied face of Hep, his mouth a bit agape as he listens to what they're doing.  It takes a second for it to sink in for him, but before he can respond Hep is off to the cockpit.  He manages to get up on his knees and calls out, "Wait! What?! Are you kidding me?! That does not sound good..."  Jimmi sits back on his legs wondering if taking this contract gig for some steady cash flow was not such a good idea after all.  All he manages is an "Oh man..." to no one in particular.
Hep Kresim
 player, 105 posts
 Beginnings
Mon 27 Feb 2017
at 07:26
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
In reply to Jimmi (msg # 250):

As Hep and Mordun are going through preflight Hep tries to figure out if it's possible to repair the cargo hold atmo vent from the interior of the ship.  That could save a lot of time and get them off world much faster...

09:23, Today: Hep Kresim rolled 6 using 1d20.  Can Hep repair the cargo vent while the ship is flying? 6+10 Mechanics Skill = 16.

Still not sure, Hep returns his focus to getting out of the space port and evading the inevitable imperial forces....
Aria
 NPC, 20 posts
 Arkanian
Mon 27 Feb 2017
at 10:46
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
Aria stuffs the Imperial Officer in the storage closet.  There isn't much room for an adult human male to fit in there, so she has to slam the door closed on him and really shove it closed.
Jimmi
 NPC, 4 posts
 Near Human Fixer
 Jimmi Klaas
Mon 27 Feb 2017
at 10:51
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
Jimmi watches as Aria stuffs the Imperial Officer in the closest his jaw agape (again) in disbelief.  After she manages to make the man fit, Jimmi shakes his head and runs up to the cockpit.  He calls out as he approaches, "Hey there! I'm from the company. TaggeCo?" unsure if he's even got the right crew at this point.  He continues, "Um, I'm supposed to help you with a customs issue? But it seems like you have more than just that...so, uh, mind if I get off?" pointing with his thumbs over his shoulders.
GM
 GM, 130 posts
 Game Master
 Big Dub...
Mon 27 Feb 2017
at 10:53
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
Hep Kresim:
As Hep and Mordun are going through preflight Hep tries to figure out if it's possible to repair the cargo hold atmo vent from the interior of the ship.  That could save a lot of time and get them off world much faster...

09:23, Today: Hep Kresim rolled 6 using 1d20.  Can Hep repair the cargo vent while the ship is flying? 6+10 Mechanics Skill = 16.

Still not sure, Hep returns his focus to getting out of the space port and evading the inevitable imperial forces....

Without being able to assess the actual damage, Hep is unsure if a repair can be done in-flight or if it requires an external repair.  More than likely it may require both depending on what caused the damage...
Hep Kresim
 player, 106 posts
 Beginnings
Mon 27 Feb 2017
at 13:15
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
Jimmi:
Jimmi watches as Aria stuffs the Imperial Officer in the closest his jaw agape (again) in disbelief.  After she manages to make the man fit, Jimmi shakes his head and runs up to the cockpit.  He calls out as he approaches, "Hey there! I'm from the company. TaggeCo?" unsure if he's even got the right crew at this point.  He continues, "Um, I'm supposed to help you with a customs issue? But it seems like you have more than just that...so, uh, mind if I get off?" pointing with his thumbs over his shoulders.

As Jimmi speaks Hep works in unison with Mordun getting the ship ready to take off without speaking like a well oiled machine. Hep turns to Jimmi with a slightly evil grin, still punching buttons and flicking toggles and speaks: "Kid, we just had an Imperial officer trying to kill us for rendering aid to a customs official.  You can't explain that its all a big misunderstanding after they put another hole in your head.  And besides do you really think they are going to believe anything you say at this point? We'll let you off somewhere at some point but for now we all need to get out alive. Go back and make sure those guys don't get out." Hep waits for Jimmi to leave a uses a direct line up to Aria's gunner station."Aria listen, from the way you handled the Officer it looks like we are all on the same screen.  Maybe we can trade them to the rebellion.  In the meantime we are going to have to find a place on planet to hide, the cargohold atmo vent has to be repaired.  If you have any ideas we are all ears." Hep turns to Mordun: "Let's get out of here."

OOC: Heps story isn't exactly how it went down, but its close enough.  Do we do piloting rolls now?

This message was last edited by the player at 13:52, Mon 27 Feb 2017.

Mordun Tes
 player, 78 posts
Mon 27 Feb 2017
at 13:25
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
"Hep, get on the holocharts and find a place to hide so we can fix this thing. I'm going to fly very fast and very low. You better buckle in."

As soon as the engines are ready, Mordun lifts the skids, rotates the ship toward the hangar door and cranks the throttle to exit the bay. Once free of the docking bay, he shoots off over the city staying as low as possible to try to avoid getting picked up by Imperial sensor sweeps.

Once free of the hangar: "OK, now where? Give me a direction, Hep?"
Hep Kresim
 player, 107 posts
 Beginnings
Mon 27 Feb 2017
at 13:47
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
In reply to Mordun Tes (msg # 256):

Hep buckles in and turns back to the console at the holomaps of the planet, looking for a place where the empire is least likely to be.

15:33, Today: Hep Kresim rolled 11 using 1d20.  Hep makes a bureaucracy knowledge roll.
11 + 10 Bureaucracy Knowledge skill = 21


But this location would also need cover, like a forest, large abandoned structure, abandoned industrial area, a large cave or weather conditions that provide cover; using a quick cross query on the holonet using a sooper seekrit holonet profile...

15:38, Today: Hep Kresim rolled 13 using 1d20.  Hep uses the holonet to find cover.
13 + 10 Use computer skill  = 23


Hep scratches his chin and blinks his unswollen eye and says "...ahhh I think..."

OCC:  Ok so I would need GM input at this point...

This message was last edited by the player at 13:51, Mon 27 Feb 2017.

Mordun Tes
 player, 79 posts
Mon 27 Feb 2017
at 14:41
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
In case I need it:

Piloting check (I re-rolled the first pilot check, which is an Iktotchi benefit):

16:39, Today: Mordun Tes rolled 24 using 1d20+9.  Re-roll Piloting Check (Iktotchi benefit).

16:38, Today: Mordun Tes rolled 16 using 1d20+9.  Piloting Check.
Mordun Tes
 player, 80 posts
Mon 27 Feb 2017
at 18:23
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
While keeping his eyes focused ahead looking for any terrain features he can use for screening their moves, Mordun asks Hep, "Did you check those stormtroopers? Are they all dead? Last thing we need is for one of them to activate a locator. Or come visit us up here.
Hep Kresim
 player, 108 posts
 Beginnings
Mon 27 Feb 2017
at 19:11
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
In reply to Mordun Tes (msg # 259):

Hep traces the holomap with his finger and looks distractedly back and forth between the holomap and another screen displaying coordinate details.  "Umm ..ah yeah.." Hep says without looking up. "The officer and the customs guy are in binder cuffs...and...ummm... the company guy is watching them, got em in the locker and the med bay." He taps one location pensively and looks at the second screen again for a longer time. "I...didn't check them all but Aria is right above them in the gun turret. I'm pretty sure they're all dead.  Once I come up with destination coordinates I'll go back and double check."

This message was last edited by the player at 19:20, Mon 27 Feb 2017.

Jimmi
 NPC, 5 posts
 Near Human Fixer
 Jimmi Klaas
Mon 27 Feb 2017
at 22:49
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
Hep Kresim:
As Jimmi speaks Hep works in unison with Mordun getting the ship ready to take off without speaking like a well oiled machine. Hep turns to Jimmi with a slightly evil grin, still punching buttons and flicking toggles and speaks: "Kid, we just had an Imperial officer trying to kill us for rendering aid to a customs official.  You can't explain that its all a big misunderstanding after they put another hole in your head.  And besides do you really think they are going to believe anything you say at this point? We'll let you off somewhere at some point but for now we all need to get out alive. Go back and make sure those guys don't get out." Hep waits for Jimmi to leave a uses a direct line up to Aria's gunner station."Aria listen, from the way you handled the Officer it looks like we are all on the same screen.  Maybe we can trade them to the rebellion.  In the meantime we are going to have to find a place on planet to hide, the cargohold atmo vent has to be repaired.  If you have any ideas we are all ears." Hep turns to Mordun: "Let's get out of here."

Jimmi has a puzzled look on his face, "Why would they do that?  I mean they're pretty evil in most cases, but why would they...ah nevermind."  He throws up his arms as he walks away.

OOC: Just FYI, there is no Rebellion or Rebel Alliance just yet...that's a year or so off, but there are lots of pockets of resistance throughout the galaxy.
GM
 GM, 131 posts
 Game Master
 Big Dub...
Mon 27 Feb 2017
at 22:57
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
Just before take off a cluster of Sacorrian grain flies buzz by in front of the cockpit.  One apparently is still holding a grudge or is just stupid as it attempts to charge at Hep plastering itself all over the cockpit viewscreen.

Mordun Tes:
"Hep, get on the holocharts and find a place to hide so we can fix this thing. I'm going to fly very fast and very low. You better buckle in."

As soon as the engines are ready, Mordun lifts the skids, rotates the ship toward the hangar door and cranks the throttle to exit the bay. Once free of the docking bay, he shoots off over the city staying as low as possible to try to avoid getting picked up by Imperial sensor sweeps.

Once free of the hangar: "OK, now where? Give me a direction, Hep?"

It's incredibly difficult to fly nap of the earth as it's a heavily populated and built up metropolitan area in Eriadu City.  Certainly it's near impossible to avoid some sort of detection, especially a simply visual spotting.

Hep Kresim:
Hep buckles in and turns back to the console at the holomaps of the planet, looking for a place where the empire is least likely to be.

But this location would also need cover, like a forest, large abandoned structure, abandoned industrial area, a large cave or weather conditions that provide cover; using a quick cross query on the holonet using a sooper seekrit holonet profile...

Hep scratches his chin and blinks his unswollen eye and says "...ahhh I think..."

Mordun Tes:
While keeping his eyes focused ahead looking for any terrain features he can use for screening their moves, Mordun asks Hep, "Did you check those stormtroopers? Are they all dead? Last thing we need is for one of them to activate a locator. Or come visit us up here.

Hep Kresim:
Hep traces the holomap with his finger and looks distractedly back and forth between the holomap and another screen displaying coordinate details.  "Umm ..ah yeah.." Hep says without looking up. "The officer and the customs guy are in binder cuffs...and...ummm... the company guy is watching them, got em in the locker and the med bay." He taps one location pensively and looks at the second screen again for a longer time. "I...didn't check them all but Aria is right above them in the gun turret. I'm pretty sure they're all dead.  Once I come up with destination coordinates I'll go back and double check."

Just as Hep pours over the holomaps finally identifying an old abandoned industrial complex just on the edge of the urban sprawl of Eriadu City (that covers a rather large part of the planet) a beeping tone comes from the comms panel.

Mordun and Hep seemed to have either forgotten that the bays have berthing sensors so that control doesn't place a ship in an occupied bay.  Or someone reported a low flying ship.  The control channel is sending a hail.
Mordun Tes
 player, 81 posts
Tue 28 Feb 2017
at 05:34
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
Mordun ignores the hail and keeps flying. He's comfortable with visible detection, which will require time for the Imps to investigate but wants to stay away from electronic sensors as much as possible.

Mordun switches off any transponders that may be running in the background.
Hep Kresim
 player, 109 posts
 Beginnings
Tue 28 Feb 2017
at 06:12
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
In reply to Mordun Tes (msg # 263):

quote:
Just as Hep pours over the holomaps finally identifying an old abandoned industrial complex just on the edge of the urban sprawl of Eriadu City (that covers a rather large part of the planet) a beeping tone comes from the comms panel.


"Ok Mordun I have a location that should work..." Hep says transfering the coordinates into the nav system. "It's an old industrial complex in exoburbs we should find cover there..."

Hep tries to think of any additional ways they can avoid detection by turning off transponders or masking exhaust trails...

07:50, Today: Hep Kresim rolled 22 using 1d20+10.  Hep makes Technology check.

"I'm trying to think of other ways we avoid detection..." Hep says "in the meantime I'm going to check the troopers, see if they are alive and to check for personal tracker beacons, I just realized the officer may have one..."
What type of personal locator beacons do imperials have on them Hep wonders:

08:03, Today: Hep Kresim rolled 28 using 1d20+10.  Bureaucracy Knowledge Check - Imperial Personal Trackers.

Hep unbuckles and navigates the corridors in the dimmed inflight lighting. Looking at each trooper to ensure they are dead and that they don't have any trackers on them.
If so...
He uses the comm link to contact Aria "Aria I need a hand with something...I need to check the officer and the customs guy for Trackers. I'll need someone for backup to keep the drop on them in case they wake up and try something.  Thanks."

This message was last edited by the player at 08:37, Tue 28 Feb 2017.

Eriadu City Control
Tue 28 Feb 2017
at 11:46
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
A loud squawk comes through the ships comms system as the Imperials force an emergency message through, ~"Spacecraft Reaper, this is Eriadu City Control, you have made an unauthorized departure of bay Delta-Tree-Two-Seven and are currently in restricted air space.  Immediately cease and desist by returning to your assigned bay for adjudication or face enforcement action, please comply, over."~
GM
 GM, 132 posts
 Game Master
 Big Dub...
Tue 28 Feb 2017
at 11:49
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
Hep Kresim:
..."I'm trying to think of other ways we avoid detection..." Hep says "in the meantime I'm going to check the troopers, see if they are alive and to check for personal tracker beacons, I just realized the officer may have one..."

What type of personal locator beacons do imperials have on them Hep wonders:

Hep unbuckles and navigates the corridors in the dimmed inflight lighting. Looking at each trooper to ensure they are dead and that they don't have any trackers on them.

Hep knows that often personal comm links can also be pinged or setup as locators, but it depends on the model they are using, and maybe the Imperials are using the same technology.
GM
 GM, 133 posts
 Game Master
 Big Dub...
Tue 28 Feb 2017
at 11:52
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
Hep Kresim:
...He uses the comm link to contact Aria "Aria I need a hand with something...I need to check the officer and the customs guy for Trackers. I'll need someone for backup to keep the drop on them in case they wake up and try something.  Thanks."

Aria answers on the comm link, "Copied, on the way." just before she drops down from the gun turret without using the ladder.  She lands rather deftly, almost like a feline with only a slight bend and spring in her stance to absorb the fall.  She draws her blaster from her shoulder holster underneath her jacket and has it by her side waiting on Hep to decide which one to check first.
Hep Kresim
 player, 110 posts
 Beginnings
Tue 28 Feb 2017
at 12:04
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
In reply to GM (msg # 267):

OOC So perception check for checking the troopers for tracking devices?
14:01, Today: Hep Kresim rolled 10 using 1d20+4.  Trooper tracker search perception check.
OOC: ugh. Hope they dont have any...
"Thanks Aria, Lets check the Customs Guy first..." Hep carefully opens the med bay door from the side so Aria has a clear line of fire...
Mordun Tes
 player, 82 posts
Tue 28 Feb 2017
at 14:41
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
Mordun ignores the hails and tries to determine an indirect route to take to the old industrial complex. He hopes that this will buy time for Hep to turn off or destroy any potential tracking devices and confuse any visual sightings in terms of the direction we are headed. Still trying to stay as low as possible, even among buildings where possible.

"Hep, get that company kid up in the gun bay so he can watch for TIEs. If I activate our scanners, the whole Empire will see us!"
Hep Kresim
 player, 111 posts
 Beginnings
Tue 28 Feb 2017
at 14:55
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
In reply to Mordun Tes (msg # 269):

OOC: Not sure if Aria and I going to have to roll for init.

Just before opening the door Hep gets Mordun's suggestion: "Company Kid, get up on the guns for us, if you see a TIE fighter, tell us right away."

This message was last edited by the player at 14:58, Tue 28 Feb 2017.

Jimmi
 NPC, 6 posts
 Near Human Fixer
 Jimmi Klaas
Tue 28 Feb 2017
at 20:57
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
Hep Kresim:
Just before opening the door Hep gets Mordun's suggestion: "Company Kid, get up on the guns for us, if you see a TIE fighter, tell us right away."

Jimmi sitting out in the main hold shakes his head, "Nuh-uh.  Jimmi doesn't do that.  I'm a lover, not a fighter." giving a nod to Aria with a wink.
Aria
 NPC, 21 posts
 Arkanian
Tue 28 Feb 2017
at 20:58
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
Aria simply seems to ignore the asinine gesture and comment by Jimmi as she stands with her blaster pistol at the low ready waiting for Hep to open the sick bay door.
Hep Kresim
 player, 112 posts
 Beginnings
Wed 1 Mar 2017
at 05:58
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
In reply to Aria (msg # 272):

Hep says "Well I guess we could put you in binder cuffs too. Get up there." He nods to Aria and opens the med bay door.

Requested Persuasion Check:

14:47, Today: Hep Kresim rolled 13 using 1d20+3.

This message was last edited by the player at 12:48, Wed 01 Mar 2017.

Jimmi
 NPC, 7 posts
 Near Human Fixer
 Jimmi Klaas
Thu 2 Mar 2017
at 11:08
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
Hep Kresim:
Hep says "Well I guess we could put you in binder cuffs too. Get up there." He nods to Aria and opens the med bay door.

Jimmi shakes his head more emphatically this time and stands up and just says, "No."
Aria
 NPC, 22 posts
 Arkanian
Thu 2 Mar 2017
at 11:11
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
Aria ignoring the insolence of Jimmi because she's preoccupied with their current task at hand enters the sick bay room and turns to right, clearing that corner before turning and scanning on the opposite side of the sick bay bed.  She's fully expecting that Hep clear the other side at this point, hopefully he was right on her heels.  In other words, it looks like she's had some sort of tactical/combat training before.
GM
 GM, 135 posts
 Game Master
 Big Dub...
Thu 2 Mar 2017
at 11:14
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
OOC: Pilot check from Mordun, please.  Thanks.
Hep Kresim
 player, 114 posts
 Beginnings
Thu 2 Mar 2017
at 12:11
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
In reply to Aria (msg # 275):

Hep follows Aria's lead and enters Med Bay with Heavy Blaster out and set to stun.
GM
 GM, 137 posts
 Game Master
 Big Dub...
Fri 3 Mar 2017
at 02:58
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
As Hep and Aria enter the sick bay and clear the room, they pretty much see it as they left it.  One bound Eriadu Customs Official bound on the sick bay bed, although he seems to be groggily be waking up, and one fairly certain that he's dead Stormtrooper where Aria left him with his broken neck since he's looking at his own ass...
Hep Kresim
 player, 115 posts
 Beginnings
Fri 3 Mar 2017
at 07:04
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
In reply to GM (msg # 278):

Hep says in a hushed voice "I think we should sedate him and move the trooper...do you have any medical experience and know how to sedate people?"
Hep moves the deceased trooper out to the corridor, and comes back in closing the door slowly and quietly behind him.
Hep looks for a sedative.
OOC: Dont know if it's a knowledge check or a treat injury check I'll do one for each...

08:59, Today: Hep Kresim rolled 13 using 1d20.  Medical Knowledge check.
13 +0 Medical Knowledge + 4 Int Modifier =17

Or my treat injury skill

09:01, Today: Hep Kresim rolled 10 using 1d20.  Roll for Treat Injury skill.
10 + 2 Treat Injury = 12
Aria
 NPC, 23 posts
 Arkanian
Fri 3 Mar 2017
at 19:59
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
Hep Kresim:
Hep says in a hushed voice "I think we should sedate him and move the trooper...do you have any medical experience and know how to sedate people?"

Aria nods and says rather plainly, "Ok.  I do possess knowledge in many areas including medicine.  I may attempt to sedate him properly if you wish."
GM
 GM, 138 posts
 Game Master
 Big Dub...
Fri 3 Mar 2017
at 20:06
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
Hep Kresim:
Hep moves the deceased trooper out to the corridor, and comes back in closing the door slowly and quietly behind him.

OOC: Before you move the body please give me a Strength check vs DC.

Hep Kresim:
Hep looks for a sedative.
OOC: Dont know if it's a knowledge check or a treat injury check I'll do one for each...

08:59, Today: Hep Kresim rolled 13 using 1d20.  Medical Knowledge check.
13 +0 Medical Knowledge + 4 Int Modifier =17

Or my treat injury skill

09:01, Today: Hep Kresim rolled 10 using 1d20.  Roll for Treat Injury skill.
10 + 2 Treat Injury = 12

OOC: It could be both, but more likely knowledge check for medicine to know what to use and how much.  However, you cannot use Knowledge skills unless you selected it or you have the "Educated" feat.  Treat Injury to administer the proper amount in the right way.  You can let Aria take a stab...pun intended...or you can have her or you support (Cooperation) that would give a bonus +2 to the rolls.

This message was last edited by the GM at 20:17, Fri 03 Mar 2017.

Hep Kresim
 player, 116 posts
 Beginnings
Fri 3 Mar 2017
at 20:31
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
GM:
Hep Kresim:
Hep moves the deceased trooper out to the corridor, and comes back in closing the door slowly and quietly behind him.
OOC: Before you move the body please give me a Strength check vs DC.


22:23, Today: Hep Kresim rolled 2 using 1d20.  Strength Check. + 1 = 3
OOC: Pfft...Looks like Hep has had a long day.


Hep Kresim:
Hep looks for a sedative.
OOC: Dont know if it's a knowledge check or a treat injury check I'll do one for each...

08:59, Today: Hep Kresim rolled 13 using 1d20.  Medical Knowledge check.
13 +0 Medical Knowledge + 4 Int Modifier =17

Or my treat injury skill

09:01, Today: Hep Kresim rolled 10 using 1d20.  Roll for Treat Injury skill.
10 + 2 Treat Injury = 12

OOC: It could be both, but more likely knowledge check for medicine to know what to use and how much.  However, you cannot use Knowledge skills unless you selected it or you have the "Educated" feat.  Treat Injury to administer the proper amount in the right way.  You can let Aria take a stab...pun intended...or you can have her or you support (Cooperation) that would give a bonus +2 to the rolls.

OOC: It's a +2 but it would be my Treat Injury Skill which is only + 2 to start so ill have her attempt and Ill assist
Hep Says "Aria why don't you try and I'll assist, I don't have much training..."
Aria
 NPC, 24 posts
 Arkanian
Sat 4 Mar 2017
at 16:26
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
Hep Kresim:
Hep Says "Aria why don't you try and I'll assist, I don't have much training..."

Aria nods and goes through the sick bay cabinets, she looks at Hep, "You do not possess the necessary sedatives."  She then suggests, "Why not just shot him with your blaster set to stun?"
Hep Kresim
 player, 117 posts
 Beginnings
Sat 4 Mar 2017
at 18:37
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
In reply to Aria (msg # 283):

"Sounds like good idea..."
Hep pulls out his blaster set to stun and shoots the customs officer.

20:32, Today: Hep Kresim rolled 15 using 1d20+5.  Hep stuns customs official.
OOC I assume that is enough to hit....

20:34, Today: Hep Kresim rolled 17 using 3d8+1.
17/2 = 8
GM
 GM, 139 posts
 Game Master
 Big Dub...
Sat 4 Mar 2017
at 21:19
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
Hep Kresim:
"Sounds like good idea..." Hep pulls out his blaster set to stun and shoots the customs officer.

The Customs Officer flails at the shot and falls off the opposite side of the sick bay bed with a thud.
Hep Kresim
 player, 118 posts
 Beginnings
Sun 5 Mar 2017
at 07:18
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
In reply to GM (msg # 285):

"OK now that he's out lets check him for tracking devices.  I'll check him first and then you check him just to be sure and also we should recheck the dead troopers..."
Hep searches the customs official:
09:17, Today: Hep Kresim rolled 7 using 1d20+4.  Hep checks customs official for tracker.

OOC: Crap can I just take 10 or something?

Mordun Tes
 player, 83 posts
Sun 5 Mar 2017
at 20:23
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
OOC: Sorry for the radio silence gents, I've been at a conference.

Pilot check:
22:23, Today: Mordun Tes rolled 19 using 1d20+9.  Piloting Check.
GM
 GM, 141 posts
 Game Master
 Big Dub...
Mon 6 Mar 2017
at 03:20
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
Mordun Tes:
OOC: Sorry for the radio silence gents, I've been at a conference.

Pilot check:
22:23, Today: Mordun Tes rolled 19 using 1d20+9.  Piloting Check.

OOC: No problemo Russ.  Hope it went well.

You might want to re-roll that pilot check, DC is 25 for nap of the earth in the urban environment with traffic.  I didn't want to be the cause of the ship crashing with my re-roll of a "1" on your behalf...

Mordun Tes
 player, 84 posts
Tue 7 Mar 2017
at 05:38
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
Ooops:
07:37, Today: Mordun Tes rolled 14 using 1d20+9.  Re-roll Piloting Check (Iktotchi benefit).
Hep Kresim
 player, 120 posts
 Beginnings
Tue 7 Mar 2017
at 06:58
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
In reply to Mordun Tes (msg # 289):

OOC: Noooooooooo
Mordun Tes
 player, 85 posts
Tue 7 Mar 2017
at 12:33
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
In reply to Hep Kresim (msg # 290):

OOC: Hopefully I just clip something soft, like a haystack or something!
Hep Kresim
 player, 121 posts
 Beginnings
Tue 7 Mar 2017
at 17:28
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
In reply to Mordun Tes (msg # 291):

Assuming that Hep and Aria find no tracking devices:
"OK Let's check the Officer quick. I think I need to be upfront..."
Let moves out of the room with Aria and locks it.
"Ok are you ready to check the officer?" Hep asks Aria.
GM
 GM, 142 posts
 Game Master
 Big Dub...
Tue 7 Mar 2017
at 20:54
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
A slight miscalculation causes Mordun to misjudge just how much room he actually has between two buildings and the sides of the Reaper scrape along their facades causing everyone inside to get tossed around like bumper speeders.  And the sound of metal grating on metal is just so damn annoying...

OOC:  Everyone (except Mordun) make a DEX check (or use Acrobatics if you have it) vs DC 20 to not fall on your face...

Mordun, make a pilot check vs DC 15 to lessen (half) the damage.  BTW, it's at -5 because of the size of the ship...

Ship will likely take some damage, but at least you're still airborne.

This message was last edited by the GM at 04:51, Wed 08 Mar 2017.

Aria
 NPC, 25 posts
 Arkanian
Tue 7 Mar 2017
at 21:12
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
Just before Aria can answer Hep she's tossed unceremoniously in the air about a foot before being slammed down on the deck.  Luckily it was a short fall, but it still seemed hurt, even though she made no sounds, not even a grunt.
Jimmi
 NPC, 8 posts
 Near Human Fixer
 Jimmi Klaas
Tue 7 Mar 2017
at 21:16
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
Jimmi tries to maintain his balance, but it's near impossible as he gets tossed back into the main hold table thunking against it he yells out in pain, "Ooow!  Wha' da?" as he thumps back on his ass.
Hep Kresim
 player, 122 posts
 Beginnings
Wed 8 Mar 2017
at 04:42
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
In reply to GM (msg # 293):

Got a 13.
GM
 GM, 143 posts
 Game Master
 Big Dub...
Wed 8 Mar 2017
at 05:00
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
Everyone is tossed up in the air and slammed down hard, as the 'skip' between the buildings causes a very momentary artificial zero-G environment.  After the split second everyone comes crashing down, luckily it's not a very far fall, but for some like Hep other objects intercede.

Hep fails to stay on his feet and comes crashing down on the ladder to the gun well...

OOC: -3 HP...ouch...kept the potential damage relatively low...and Hep ate it all...

Mordun, after you make your pilot check vs DC 15 at -5 to minimize the collision damage, roll another pilot check vs DC 20 at -5.

Hep Kresim
 player, 123 posts
 Beginnings
Wed 8 Mar 2017
at 14:00
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
In reply to GM (msg # 297):

"Crap!" Yells Hep, "Aria lets check the officer quick! We need to get back to our stations."
Mordun Tes
 player, 86 posts
Wed 8 Mar 2017
at 20:17
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu

Well...made the first one....

22:02, Today: Mordun Tes rolled 14 using 1d20+4.  Re-roll Piloting Check (Iktotchi benefit) at -5 vs. DC 20.
22:02, Today: Mordun Tes rolled 11 using 1d20+4.  Piloting Check at -5 vs. DC 20.
22:02, Today: Mordun Tes rolled 24 using 1d20+4.  Re-roll Piloting Check (Iktotchi benefit) at -5 vs. DC 15.
22:01, Today: Mordun Tes rolled 8 using 1d20+4.  Piloting Check at -5 vs. DC 15.
Mordun Tes
 player, 87 posts
Wed 8 Mar 2017
at 20:31
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu

This message was deleted by the player at 20:31, Wed 08 Mar 2017.

Hep Kresim
 player, 124 posts
 Beginnings
Thu 9 Mar 2017
at 06:06
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
In reply to Mordun Tes (msg # 299):

OOC:  Now I can relate to those guys you see fleeing from police you see on COPS, knocking over mailboxes and fences and stuff.
Mordun Tes
 player, 88 posts
Thu 9 Mar 2017
at 11:15
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
In reply to Hep Kresim (msg # 301):

OOC: Ugh! I've got a +9 for piloting and can re-roll AND I still blew two of the last three rolls!  The rebellion is not going to want me!
GM
 GM, 144 posts
 Game Master
 Big Dub...
Thu 9 Mar 2017
at 14:42
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
Mordun manages to roll The Reaper at the last possible moment minimizing the damage to the actual vessel as he scrapes by the buildings, however, his relief is only momentary as he collides with a speeder that seemed to come out of nowhere.

OOC:  Mordun roll pilot check -5 vs DC 15 to not totally crush the speeder or damage your own ship too much...

Ah, what's a few scrapes, besides there technically is no Rebel Alliance yet, just pockets of resistance yet to be organized...

Hep Kresim
 player, 125 posts
 Beginnings
Thu 9 Mar 2017
at 16:28
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
In reply to GM (msg # 303):

Hep with his blaster on stun gets ready to open the closet door: "Aria put your blaster on stun and let me know when you are ready for me to open the door..."
Mordun Tes
 player, 89 posts
Fri 10 Mar 2017
at 08:53
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu

<b><b>10:49, Today: Mordun Tes rolled 20 using 1d20+4.  Re-roll Piloting Check (Iktotchi benefit) at -5 vs. DC 15.</b></b>
10:49, Today: Mordun Tes rolled 5 using 1d20+4.  Piloting Check at -5 vs. DC 15.

OOC: Thank goodness for these re-rolls or we would be a smoking debris field already (which may of course still happen). UGH!!!!
GM
 GM, 146 posts
 Game Master
 Big Dub...
Sat 11 Mar 2017
at 13:14
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
Mordun's skill and a little precog narrowly avoids a catastrophic collision (at least it would've been for the speeder) with a luxury convertible speeder. The bottom of The Reaper rakes across the side of the speeder causing it to wobble out of control; the operator apparently cursing and yelling angrily with a raised fist as he goes down.  The hard maneuver tosses those not strapped down into a tumble towards the back of the spacecraft.

[Secret to Mordun Tes: Mordun notice two fast moving spherical objects out of the corner of his eye as he is pulling upward, but the distraction of not killing 'innocents' keeps him from fully identifying them.]

OOC:  Dex Check all (except Mordun) vs DC 15 not to tumble/fall with this evasive maneuver.

The Reaper takes another 6 damage, just a scratch...

First time I'm using the "Secret" message coding.  Does anyone else but Mordun see a second part of the message before the OOC?

Hep Kresim
 player, 126 posts
 Beginnings
Sat 11 Mar 2017
at 15:47
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
In reply to GM (msg # 306):

OOC: I dont see a second paragraph before the OOC comments. By the way I havent found a single tracker yet?


Assuming Aria is ready, Hep nods to Aria and opens the door, with his blaster set to stun.
GM
 GM, 149 posts
 Game Master
 Big Dub...
Sun 12 Mar 2017
at 19:00
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
In reply to Hep Kresim (msg # 307):

OOC: Hep, you're going to have to roll to not fall on your face again before you get to open any closet doors...
Hep Kresim
 player, 127 posts
 Beginnings
Mon 13 Mar 2017
at 09:52
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
In reply to GM (msg # 308):

OOC: Arrghhh!



11:51, Today: Hep Kresim rolled 5 using 1d20+2.  Hep to not fall over acrobatics roll.
Mordun Tes
 player, 90 posts
Tue 14 Mar 2017
at 06:05
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
Mordun struggles to regain control of the ship and make haste to our intended hideout.

[Private to GM: Once I get the ship back under control, I turn whatever attention I can afford to the spherical objects that are inbound.]
GM
 GM, 150 posts
 Game Master
 Big Dub...
Tue 14 Mar 2017
at 12:16
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
As the ship makes it's sudden upward turn the artificial gravity doesn't help to keep everyone on the deck.  Hep and Aria grasp at the door as they slide away and fall back landing on the deck just before Mordun has the ship right itself again.  Jimmi somehow with a stroke of luck manages to grab a hold of the table in the main hold and doesn't fall, avoiding the inevitable bruises the others are going to have.

[Secret to Mordun Tes: As Mordun rights the ship again, he takes a moment to get a glimpse of what's coming towards them.  The distinct 'H' shape of Imperial Tie Fighters are quickly becoming larger through the viewscreen to his right.]

OOC:  Hep, 2 damage.
Mordun Tes
 player, 91 posts
Tue 14 Mar 2017
at 12:21
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
Mordun screams over the intercom: "Somebody get on those guns! TIE fighters at 3 o'clock!"
Mordun Tes
 player, 92 posts
Tue 14 Mar 2017
at 12:24
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
OOC: I don't know this but Mordun would: can I operate the guns from the cockpit or does there need to be someone physically at the guns? If I can do it, then I will engage the TIE fighters while everyone else picks themselves up and tries to get to the guns.
Hep Kresim
 player, 128 posts
 Beginnings
Tue 14 Mar 2017
at 12:40
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
In reply to Mordun Tes (msg # 313):

"We'll have to hope that the officer doesn't have a tracker...I'll get up front to copilot, We need we you on the guns Aria!"
Hep goes to the front of the ship.
Aria
 NPC, 26 posts
 Arkanian
Sun 19 Mar 2017
at 03:48
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
Hep Kresim:
"We'll have to hope that the officer doesn't have a tracker...I'll get up front to copilot, We need we you on the guns Aria!"
Hep goes to the front of the ship.

Aria picks herself off the floor by doing a flip from her back, appearing to do it effortlessly.  She simply nods and replies, "Guns." acknowledging Hep in an oddly feminine yet stern voice as she moves towards the ladder well to get to the ship laser turret.
GM
 GM, 153 posts
 Game Master
 Big Dub...
Sun 19 Mar 2017
at 03:57
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
As everyone scrambles to get to their respective positions, except Jimmi who sits back down at the table in the main hold, the TIE fighters appear to be quickly getting larger.  The Reaper, despite being a Dynamic-Class freighter, has never been modified, because hauling grain and produce has always been it's lot in life.  Now, all of a sudden, she's a rebel.  Surely she can't outrun a couple of the Empire's latest and greatest in technology, the Imperial TIE fighters...or can she?  Perhaps outsmart is the better way to go for our intrepid heroes...

OOC:  Roll for initiative...

Sorry for the delay, still a little sick, and RPOL was not cooperating last night.

Hep Kresim
 player, 129 posts
 Beginnings
Sun 19 Mar 2017
at 10:03
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
GM:
As everyone scrambles to get to their respective positions, except Jimmi who sits back down at the table in the main hold, the TIE fighters appear to be quickly getting larger.  The Reaper, despite being a Dynamic-Class freighter, has never been modified, because hauling grain and produce has always been it's lot in life.  Now, all of a sudden, she's a rebel.  Surely she can't outrun a couple of the Empire's latest and greatest in technology, the Imperial TIE fighters...or can she?  Perhaps outsmart is the better way to go for our intrepid heroes...

OOC:  Roll for initiative...

Sorry for the delay, still a little sick, and RPOL was not cooperating last night.

OOC: These are excellent points...

11:10, Today: Hep Kresim rolled 24 using 1d20+11.  Heps initiative roll.
Hep momentarily ponders his situation: After gunning down several troopers and kidnapping an Imperial Officer and a Customs Official, things were going to get worse before they got better.  He's not on the guns and not piloting, but maybe he can take the fight to the Tie fighters by slicing their computers or tricking them to break off the chase...
Hep bureaucracy check for knowledge of Imperial comms and channels
11:41, Today: Hep Kresim rolled 23 using 1d20+10.  Knowledge Bureaucracy Check .
Hep technology check for accessing TIE fighter comms over the holonet
11:44, Today: Hep Kresim rolled 14 using 1d20+10.  Technology Knowledge check.
Hep attempts to access the TIE fighters computer (nav system)

12:01, Today: Hep Kresim rolled 23 using 1d20+10.  Use computer check.
Mordun Tes
 player, 93 posts
Sun 19 Mar 2017
at 13:41
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu



15:39, Today: Mordun Tes rolled 25 using 1d20+9.  Initiative.

[Private to GM: Do I see any paths I could take that would get me out of their line of sight (and fire) for a bit?]
GM
 GM, 154 posts
 Game Master
 Big Dub...
Sun 19 Mar 2017
at 19:51
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
Hep Kresim:
Hep momentarily ponders his situation: After gunning down several troopers and kidnapping an Imperial Officer and a Customs Official, things were going to get worse before they got better.  He's not on the guns and not piloting, but maybe he can take the fight to the Tie fighters by slicing their computers or tricking them to break off the chase...

Hep realizes he doesn't have the time, nor the resources to hack an Imperial communications network while flying haphazardly through a city nap of the earth, plus the encryption is military grade and would either require having the keys, or again a lot of time and computing power he just doesn't have at the moment.  It was a nice thought, but out of reach for the moment.  The best bet was the physically be present at the source of communications or one of the Imperial communications towers in this city that actually had more than one unlike most smaller cities of less significant planets.  That wasn't going to happen in the next few seconds, or even minutes, so plan B...
GM
 GM, 155 posts
 Game Master
 Big Dub...
Sun 19 Mar 2017
at 20:21
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
The TIE Fighters seem to have the advantage, but they are not pressing the attack for some reason, however, they are a little faster and closing quickly.  A beeping indicating the hail channel from Eriadu City Control is sounding off again...

OOC:  Initiative Order

TIEs
Mordun
Hep
Jimmi
Aria

Mordun, as the pilot you can do the following (main book, pg 170+ (PDF: 178+)):

All-out movement (Full round)
Attack run (Standard)
Attack with a vehicle weapon (Standard)
Avoid collision (Reaction)
Dogfight (Standard)
Fight Defensively (Standard) +5 dodge, -5 attack OR +10 dodge, no attacks  <-- This is if you are trying to duck between buildings and such to avoid a good lock from the TIEs
Full stop (Swift)
Increase vehicle speed (Swift)
Move (Move)

Mordun Tes
 player, 94 posts
Mon 20 Mar 2017
at 12:37
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
His heart pounding, Mordun focuses on maneuvering the ship to keep out of the TIE's line of fire.

"Hep! What's the plan?!" he screams into the comms with panic starting to creep into his voice.


14:35, Today: Mordun Tes rolled 25 using 1d20+9.  Fly/fight defensively roll.
Hep Kresim
 player, 130 posts
 Beginnings
Mon 20 Mar 2017
at 20:33
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
In reply to Mordun Tes (msg # 321):

Hep turns to Mordun "OK I'm going to try to get them to back off...so level off and I'll try to get them to break off.  We can't do a hyperspace jump in atmosphere..."
OOC: Wait we can't jump to hyperspace in atmosphere can we?
" maybe we can get them to back off enough and then we gun it..."
Hep picks up the Comm, and tries to make it seem like there is interference by crinkling a foil Cheezy snax bag next to the microphone: "...Eriadu...cit...control...Do you read...we..experienced malfunc...comms and a bad slave relay circuit but we have removed it and are now under control, we strongly suspect sabotage.  We are heading back now.  We also need to report 4 suspicious wookies who were acosting a customs official in the hangar right before we lost control of the ship.  We couldn't see what happened because the ship took off. Also our company reported to us that someone was using our call sign claiming to be the reaper do you have any information on that?"
OOC: Ooooh boy. That's a doosie. Going to phone a friend and use a force point....


22:30, Today: Hep Kresim rolled 12 using 1d20+10.  Lie like your life depends on it Deception roll..
OOC. God.
Force point roll:
22:31, Today: Hep Kresim rolled 6 using 1d6.  force point.  Total = 18
Mordun Tes
 player, 95 posts
Wed 22 Mar 2017
at 13:54
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
As Hep starts talking, Mordun levels off, leaves NOE, and begins to rise to a typical transit altitude for in-atmo travel. Working hard to look "normal" and back in control after our bad slave relay...

As Hep finishes his transmission, Mordun turns to him with an incredulous look, "Are you frakking kidding me?"
Aria
 NPC, 27 posts
 Arkanian
Wed 22 Mar 2017
at 19:07
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
Aria comes over the internal comms to inquire, "Am I weapons free?  Or are we holding until fired upon?" her tone is calm, and unexcited - simply matter-of-fact.
Jimmi
 NPC, 9 posts
 Near Human Fixer
 Jimmi Klaas
Wed 22 Mar 2017
at 19:09
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
Jimmi makes his way to the cockpit coming up behind Hep and Mordun.  He deliberately clears his throat to announce his presence so as not to get a blaster shot to the face.  He looks at Hep after his attempted ruse and simply says, "Really?"
GM
 GM, 156 posts
 Game Master
 Big Dub...
Wed 22 Mar 2017
at 19:15
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
There seems to be a momentary pause before the ship comlink crackles with life again.  That moment seems like an eternity...

~"Reaper, this is Eriadu City Control, um, please bring come to bearing one-one-three and dock at landing bay Alpha Zero-Zero-Six.  Please comply immediately or we will fire."~ the air traffic controller seemed quite serious, and quite skeptical of your story, but you never know.  They haven't shot you down yet, but the TIE fighters are closing quickly.

Do you comply or do you run?
Hep Kresim
 player, 131 posts
 Beginnings
Wed 22 Mar 2017
at 20:26
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
In reply to GM (msg # 326):

Hep says "Hey guys thats the best I can do.  Jimmy if you have any ideas we are all ears. You want me to try something else?"
OOC: Even if it was a good lie it wouldn't have worked anyway.
Mordun Tes
 player, 96 posts
Wed 22 Mar 2017
at 21:42
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
"Aria, hold your fire."

"Hep, what now?" Hurriedly and barely above a whisper, Mordun tries to formulate a plan..."We make it look like we're complying with Control and we try to get them to lower their guard...could that work? We ram one and shoot the other one then we run for it and find a place to hide. What do you think? I'm not going into an Imperial cage."
Hep Kresim
 player, 132 posts
 Beginnings
Thu 23 Mar 2017
at 13:20
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
GM:
There seems to be a momentary pause before the ship comlink crackles with life again.  That moment seems like an eternity...

~"Reaper, this is Eriadu City Control, um, please bring come to bearing one-one-three and dock at landing bay Alpha Zero-Zero-Six.  Please comply immediately or we will fire."~ the air traffic controller seemed quite serious, and quite skeptical of your story, but you never know.  They haven't shot you down yet, but the TIE fighters are closing quickly.

Do you comply or do you run?

OOC: Can I aid Mordun in his pilot rolls? Also what is layout between our direction and bearing 113? Meaning are there large buildings that we can put between us and the TIE fighters?
Hep seems grimly determined "Maybe we can get them to lose visual contact by putting something between us and break for it."
Hep scans the local maps and urban topography in the nav computer

15:18, Today: Hep Kresim rolled 24 using 1d20+10.  Use Computer check for scanning local maps.

Hep tries to think of a way to confuse the imperial tracking systems.

15:25, Today: Hep Kresim rolled 24 using 1d20+10.  Technology Knowledge check.

This message was last edited by the player at 13:26, Thu 23 Mar 2017.

Mordun Tes
 player, 97 posts
Thu 23 Mar 2017
at 17:47
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
Mordun turns the ship to heading 113 as requested.

"Roger that, Control. Now moving to heading one-one-three".


OOC: Where are our escorts?
Hep Kresim
 player, 133 posts
 Beginnings
Fri 24 Mar 2017
at 15:22
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
In reply to Mordun Tes (msg # 330):

OOC: This is turning into the star wars version of COPS. heh heh. They;re running for it!
GM
 GM, 157 posts
 Game Master
 Big Dub...
Sat 25 Mar 2017
at 04:31
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
You're relatively close to the edge of town, and many of the spaceports, and this particular one are on the outskirts.  Your original heading would take you out past the edge of the city, the new landing bay is about 90 degrees from your intended hiding location.  Being on the edge of town there are not any tall buildings, except for an Imperial communications tower, otherwise it's pretty flat.  The taller buildings are more towards the city center, which you've passed already.  However, further out, across a bit of open sprawl there are hills, or even small mountains, just beyond it or adjacent to it is the old abandoned industrial park you were headed to previously.

The TIE fighters angle on an intercept course to catch up with you before landing bay 113.

It would be very difficult to "fool" the tracking system, plus the TIE fighters seem to have direct line visual.

OOC:  It's not 'Cops' it's 'Troops' -- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvswNDAAZCU
Mordun Tes
 player, 98 posts
Mon 27 Mar 2017
at 09:45
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
Mordun to Hep: "What do you think? Do we shoot? Can Aria run the guns? Can we take two TIE fighters? We could put it down in the city and try to make a run for it and blend into the population. We can't go to that docking bay."
Mordun Tes
 player, 100 posts
Mon 3 Apr 2017
at 20:25
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
"Hep?... Hep?... " Mordun screams at his copilot who looks lost in thought. "WHAT DO WE DO???!!!!"
Aria
 NPC, 28 posts
 Arkanian
Tue 4 Apr 2017
at 18:56
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
Aria comes over the internal comms again, "I have the TIEs sighted in.  Shall I fire?" she inquires once again in the same calm matter-of-fact tone.
Mordun Tes
 player, 102 posts
Wed 5 Apr 2017
at 08:39
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
"Hold your fire for the moment. But be ready."

[Private to GM: Werner, my current plan is to shoot at one TIE while dropping landing gear and using it to ram the other TIE, hopefully catching both by surprise and doing it all quickly. Are they positioned in such a way that that could work?]
Aria
 NPC, 29 posts
 Arkanian
Wed 5 Apr 2017
at 14:47
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
Mordun Tes:
"Hold your fire for the moment. But be ready."

Aria responds over the internal comms, "Copy, standing by."

[Private to Mordun Tes: At the moment you could fire on them, but you're not quite in proximity to ram them.  However, you are far enough to try to run... (although they are probably faster and may catch up...)

They are on an angled intercept, so in about a minute you will meet, although you can't be sure they will fly in front of you, behind you, or beside you.
]
Mordun Tes
 player, 103 posts
Wed 5 Apr 2017
at 15:07
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
"Roger that. Standby."

[Private to GM: Since we're only a freighter, I'm hoping they'll let their guards down a bit and get close. I'll wait the minute to see where their intercept course places them.]
Hep Kresim
 player, 134 posts
 Beginnings
Thu 6 Apr 2017
at 22:27
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
In reply to Mordun Tes (msg # 338):

Hep is stumped.  There is no way to lose them by ducking behind something and fleeing.  " I cant think of anything else to do.  We would need special codes to call them off or interfere with their craft.  I could try to sent a fake report for them to chase..."

Hep tries to think of a way to send a bunch of fake reports on the holonet to distract the authorities...

18:22, Today: Hep Kresim rolled 20 using 1d20+10.  Technology Knowledge check.

Thinking of fake report to disseminate
Possible Wookie terrorist attacks at locate away from the their hideout and the location they are being escorted to.

18:24, Today: Hep Kresim rolled 26 using 1d20+10.  Deception check.
Mordun Tes
 player, 104 posts
Fri 7 Apr 2017
at 06:59
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
OOC: Ahhh...fake news strikes again!

[Private to GM: Have they closed in? Can I ram one (aiming to damage a wing to force it down) while we shoot the other?]
Mordun Tes
 player, 105 posts
Fri 7 Apr 2017
at 11:37
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
OOC: Gents, I'm off to Namibia for a week. I will have very limited internet access. Please carry on without me. Werner knows what Mordun is planning. We'll see if it works. Happy Easter.
GM
 GM, 162 posts
 Game Master
 Big Dub...
Sat 8 Apr 2017
at 10:23
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
Unfortunately, hacking the Holonet from a flying freighter just isn't going to make it.  Perhaps better equipment, and/or access to an Imperial communications tower might work -- neither of which you currently have at your disposal.

Within about a minute the TIEs close on the intercept, the signature screech pierces your ears in more ways than one as it passed over the top of your freighter. That one comes into view in the cockpit and takes up position to the starboard aft, and the other TIE falls in to the port bow (right, rear and left, front) of The Reaper.  They are "escorting" you towards Bay 113.
Hep Kresim
 player, 136 posts
 Beginnings
Sun 9 Apr 2017
at 14:04
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
In reply to GM (msg # 342):

OOC:  OK do we fight with Russ away?  It seems I am all out of ideas.  Unless Aria or Jimi has some.
Hep gets on the com with Aria and turns to Mordun: "I guess we have to fight."
GM
 GM, 166 posts
 Game Master
 Big Dub...
Sat 15 Apr 2017
at 05:59
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
NPC'd

Mordun turns to Hep and nods, "Yes, we fight. Tell Aria to get ready to take out the TIE to our rear.  I'm going to ram the guy in front of us.  Hold on."  Grabbing the collective, Mordun gets ready to give a quick thrust into the TIE fighter, he looks at Hep one more time, "Brace for impact!"

OOC:
21:28, Today: GM, on behalf of Mordun Tes, rolled 11 using 1d20-1.  Ram TIE to front -10 to attack roll.

21:43, Today: GM, on behalf of Mordun Tes, rolled 55 using 10d6+15.  Collision Damage 10d6+15.

Hep Kresim
 player, 138 posts
 Beginnings
Sat 15 Apr 2017
at 12:41
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
In reply to GM (msg # 344):

OOC: So if Mordun is piloting and Aria is on guns the only way for me to assist is to use computer and call out navigation or look for a better spot to hide...


As Mordun pilots assists by using the navigation system and city maps to avoid obstacles and look for a better landing/hiding site...
08:40, Today: Hep Kresim rolled 17 using 1d20+10.  Hep uses navigation and maps .
Aria
 NPC, 30 posts
 Arkanian
Sat 15 Apr 2017
at 14:27
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
Aria happened to hear Mordun over the open comm channel luckily left open since no one specifically addressed her about firing.  Without a word she takes careful aim and lights up the rear TIE with a burst of double laser cannon fire.

OOC:
Total to hit 16.
Laser Cannon Damage: 260 damage

17:17, Today: GM, on behalf of Aria, rolled 2 using 1d6.  FP for shot.
17:16, Today: GM, on behalf of Aria, rolled 14 using 1d20+1.  Burst laser cannon at TIE to rear.
17:20, Today: GM, on behalf of Aria, rolled 26 using 6d10.  Laser cannon burst fire damage (+2dice x10).

GM
 GM, 168 posts
 Game Master
 Big Dub...
Sat 15 Apr 2017
at 14:53
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
As Mordun lurches The Reaper forward in an attempt to ram(!) the TIE fighter in front of the ship, everyone manages to brace themselves this time and avoid getting knocked around too much.  The TIE pilot at first seems oblivious to the impending collision, but seems to catch on at the last minute and tries to juke left.  However, it's too little, too late, as the underside of the front of The Reaper slams into the right "wing" of the TIE shattering into a hundred smaller pieces.  Just as these pieces seem to just float in midair as they expand outwardly The Reaper is jolted as it connects with the pilot's compartment slamming everyone hard, but the TIE even worse.  The compartment splits open like a hard boiled Ganza egg revealing the rather surprised Imperial pilot, evident even through his standard full face mask.  The TIE is not really flying anymore in the proper sense, but the smoking remains somehow manage to limp away on an inveitable course with terran.

Luckily, even as old as The Reaper is as a Dynamic-class freighter, it's sturdy enough to withstand the intentional collision with the TIE fighter, and absorbs the damage, only rattling everyone inside.

Aria opens fire just as Mordun merges The Reaper with the unsuspecting TIE fighter, blue bolts of laser cannon energy lancing out at the TIE fighter to the rear.  The rear TIE pilot was not caught off guard like the other, but even an attempt to dodge the incoming fire is unsuccessful resulting in all the the laser fire filling the pilot's compartment head on creating a rather spectacular and fiery explosion outward like a Flandorian flower blossoming with flaming and smoking debris flying in dozens of different directions falling forward and downward with the last of the TIE fighter's momentum.

Hep is jolted in his co-pilot's seat just as The Reaper is rocked, but manages to set in a navigational course for their last intended hide-out at the old industrial park several klicks out of town.  It seems to be the only place viable for the ship of their size to hide and will likely be unpopulated.

OOC:  You're all lucky.  So the damage of the collision is enough to nearly obliterate the front TIE, and the damage is low enough with the armoring of The Reaper that it absorbs the damage and the errata rules say that the Damage Threshold is subtracted from the remaining damage to determine what is passed on to the occupants of the ship...55 damage -15 Damage Reduction (DR) equals 40, but with a Damage Threshold of 75, you manage not to be pulverized in the ship.  However, your ship has over 54.5% hull damage at -60 points (of 110 HP) already.
Hep Kresim
 player, 139 posts
 Beginnings
Sat 15 Apr 2017
at 21:36
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
In reply to GM (msg # 347):

OOC: Yikes that was close.


Hep says: "Lets get out of here, we can book it to the hideout and repair the ship and get off this rock.  I'll have to check the integrity of the ship now."
Mordun Tes
 player, 106 posts
Mon 17 Apr 2017
at 12:55
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
Mordun turns the Reaper as tightly as he dares and punches the throttle to make a run to the hideout. Assuming our control surfaces and directional thrusters are all working well after the collision, he dives for the ground to fly NOE.

Over open comms: "Is everyone OK? Jimmi, Hep, head for the tools locker. We've got to get that vent fixed fast and get the hell off this planet! Great shooting Aria. Watch out for Imps!"
Hep Kresim
 player, 140 posts
 Beginnings
Mon 17 Apr 2017
at 13:26
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
In reply to Mordun Tes (msg # 349):

Hep runs to the garage where the tools are heads to...
Ooc: where do we have to be to fix this?
Jimmi
 NPC, 10 posts
 Near Human Fixer
 Jimmi Klaas
Wed 19 Apr 2017
at 03:55
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
Jimmi, who is still gripping his seat rather hard, tries to answer, "Uh, umm...I'm not a mechanic..."  As far as you can tell, there are no stains or foul odors emanating from his nether-regions...
Aria
 NPC, 31 posts
 Arkanian
Wed 19 Apr 2017
at 03:58
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
Mordun Tes:
"...Great shooting Aria. Watch out for Imps!"

Aria acknowledges over comms, "Thank you. Roger, sir." in her usual even tone.
GM
 GM, 169 posts
 Game Master
 Big Dub...
Wed 19 Apr 2017
at 04:22
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
OOC:

In reply to Hep Kresim (msg # 350):

The vent itself that requires repair is something both inside and outside, which is why you couldn't do it in flight.  Now all the new damage is hull related, and you can probably fly in space, but you need to be outside to do your BDA (Battle Damage Assessment) on the hull integrity.  You can start your repairs for the vent from the inside, but must also work on it externally and check the hull externally (i.e., when you've landed).

Mordun, make a Stealth check at -15... and a Pilot check please...

This message was last edited by the GM at 19:55, Wed 19 Apr 2017.

Mordun Tes
 player, 107 posts
Thu 20 Apr 2017
at 10:02
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
OOC: I have a +9 for Stealth, so -15 comes to a total of -6:
12:01, Today: Mordun Tes rolled 11 using 1d20-6.  Stealth Check.

GM
 GM, 170 posts
 Game Master
 Big Dub...
Thu 20 Apr 2017
at 17:37
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
In reply to Mordun Tes (msg # 354):

OOC:  And a Pilot check please...
Mordun Tes
 player, 108 posts
Fri 21 Apr 2017
at 09:36
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu

11:35, Today: Mordun Tes rolled 22 using 1d20+9.  Piloting Check.
GM
 GM, 172 posts
 Game Master
 Big Dub...
Sun 23 Apr 2017
at 21:22
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
Mordun brings The Reaper down low as quickly and steeply as he can.  Now that your flying on the outskirts of the city, the buildings are quickly giving way to arid flatlands.  The flatlands might have once harbored plush greenery and life, but the industrial way of the people of Eriadu and the related pollution has eroded the landscape the a near desert.  A quick, large puff of dust is the only thing visible of The Reaper as Mordun brings it in tight to fly nap-of-the-earth evading the City Control radar system.

The only thing that could spot them now is someone visually getting "eyes on" as the ship races along making a beeline for the old abandoned industrial park.
Mordun Tes
 player, 110 posts
Mon 24 Apr 2017
at 05:41
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
Hoping that the dust cloud will obscure visual contact, Mordun cranks up the throttle and flies as fast as he dares to the planned hideout.
GM
 GM, 173 posts
 Game Master
 Big Dub...
Wed 26 Apr 2017
at 04:25
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
The route planned out by Hep takes them around some hills, through a valley, and a bit roundabout to hopefully throw off an sort of "trail".  Mordun only has to keep from crashing the ship into the sides of the narrow valley, or more like a canyon.

OOC:  Hep, give me one more navigation check, and a stealth check, to support Mordun.  You should easily beat a DC 10 to give a +2 to piloting and stealth for Mordun.

Mordun, one more piloting check and a stealth check.  If Hep is successful on the nav, that's an additional +2 for piloting vs DC 20.  And if he's successful on the stealth check that's a +2 on your roll as well (DC undisclosed...).

Hep Kresim
 player, 141 posts
 Beginnings
Wed 26 Apr 2017
at 08:31
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
In reply to GM (msg # 359):
Hep assists Mordun using the navigational computer, trying to be as stealthy as possible:

04:26, Today: Hep Kresim rolled 22 using 1d20+10.  Hep makes a navigation check.

04:28, Today: Hep Kresim rolled 21 using 1d20+7.  Hep makes a stealth check.
Mordun Tes
 player, 111 posts
Thu 27 Apr 2017
at 07:02
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
Using Hep's +2 in addition to my +9

09:01, Today: Mordun Tes rolled 26 using 1d20+11.  Piloting Check.
GM
 GM, 175 posts
 Game Master
 Big Dub...
Tue 2 May 2017
at 05:09
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
Without the haste of escaping between tightly packed urban buildings and TIE fighters chasing the ship Mordun easily navigates the arid plains and canyons with Hep's assistance.  The hope is that they've created enough of a random pattern to throw off any potential sensors or pursuers.

After a relatively short trip the crew arrives at the Old Industrial Park.  It's obvious the facilities have seen better days, as many buildings have gaping holes and materials are strewn or piled up everywhere like a junkyard or some post-apocalyptic scene.  The darkening skies help to set the rather gray and dark scene.  An occasional flash of lightning of an approaching storm illuminates the area, but also casts eerie shadows against the jagged debris that seem to leap and withdraw like specters of a forgone age.

Picking out one of the more intact structures in the center of the dilapidated complex Mordun brings The Reaper in for a soft landing in a open space of an old warehouse bay.  Some screeching and crunching pierces everyone's ears before the ship lurches on the damaged landing gear that was used to decimate the TIE fighter.  Sounds like the crew will have their work cut out for them...
Mordun Tes
 player, 112 posts
Tue 2 May 2017
at 09:52
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
Mordun scans around looking to see if there are any areas where he could move the ship under cover, even partially.

OOC: Are any of the buildings in such a condition  and big enough that we could fly inside and be under a roof?
Hep Kresim
 player, 143 posts
 Beginnings
Tue 2 May 2017
at 18:57
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
In reply to Mordun Tes (msg # 363):

Hep turns to Mordun: "Excellent flying man, I thought we were going to be shot down for sure."
tapping the commlink for Aria and Jimmi Hep says: "Hey, Looks like we will be landing soon, we have our repair work cut out for us, so if you have any mechanical ability meet me by med bay.  Also we have to check on our guests."
Mordun Tes
 player, 114 posts
Tue 2 May 2017
at 19:17
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
OOC: Mordun is a good mechanic (+7)

Mordun to Hep: "I'll help with the repairs. Let's focus on the hull inspection and fixing that jammed vent. We can worry about the landing gear at our next stop. That shouldn't affect flight"

On the comms: "Aria, Jimmi: one of you come down to assist and one of you keep a sharp eye out for visitors. We may not be the only people here and we don't know what kind of sensor coverage the Imps have of this area."
Mordun Tes
 player, 115 posts
Wed 3 May 2017
at 11:35
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
As Mordun barks out the last commands and the ship settles noisily on its damaged landing gear, the enormity of his situation begins to settle in. Two TIE fighters shot down, two Imperial pilots dead, a ship full of injured or dead Imperials...

Mordun lurches forward in his seat and unceremoniously vomits on the control panel. "What have we done?", he asks nobody in particular as Hep hurries down the passage for his toolkit.

Realizing that now is not the time for self-pity, he gets up,  wipes his mouth on his sleeve, steadies himself against his seat, and then quickly moves down the passage after Hep.
GM
 GM, 177 posts
 Game Master
 Big Dub...
Thu 4 May 2017
at 04:49
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
You chose the most non-dilapidated building that appeared to have an open space inside.  It appears to be an old warehouse with large bay doors, open of course, so you can fly right in.  Parts of the roof are missing, but it's intact enough to provide some overhead concealment.  Whatever used to be in here was long ago picked clean, but piles of debris from the exposed parts of the ceiling/roof and some sections of the wall lay in piles of rubble-like twisted metal and other materials.  Some large windows high on the remaining walls are also a mish-mash of broken and intact, but any remaining panes are opaque barely letting the gray light of the storm brewing outside.  Occasionally a flash off in the distance illuminates the rather post-apocalyptic setting casting eerie dancing shadows for a split-second or two, followed by a slow grumbling ominous rumble.

OOC: Apparently my first OOC reply did not go through, but I think you figured it out...  the previous description was meant to say you picked out a covered building...open space referred to the openness of the inside...
Jimmi
 NPC, 11 posts
 Near Human Fixer
 Jimmi Klaas
Thu 4 May 2017
at 04:59
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
Jimmi still sitting behind Mordun is still gripping the hell out of the arms of his seat.  At the sight and smell of vomit, plus the noxious odor of spoiled or poorly digested colly pods that had taken residence in Mordun's stomach hits Jimmi like a transparisteel wall.  Jerking his head back his already pale face turns an odd tint of green before he too throws up, on the back of Mordun's pilot's seat and splattering in multiple directions.

*bbblllleeehhh*

OOC: Lucky, the vomit has poor accuracy...

This message was last edited by the GM at 05:02, Thu 04 May 2017.

Aria
 NPC, 32 posts
 Arkanian
Thu 4 May 2017
at 05:03
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
Aria replies over comms, "Staying on the guns, just in case."
Mordun Tes
 player, 116 posts
Thu 4 May 2017
at 13:15
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
"Hep, can you start on the vent while I inspect the hull?"
Hep Kresim
 player, 144 posts
 Beginnings
Thu 4 May 2017
at 18:33
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
In reply to Mordun Tes (msg # 370):

"Yeah sure thing." Hep heads for the storage room first to get a can of bug-b-gone before going to the cargo hold to inspect and repair the interior cargo hold vents.

Ooc the vent was in the cargo hold right?
Mordun Tes
 player, 117 posts
Thu 4 May 2017
at 19:05
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
OOC: Ugh! I forgot about the bugs. Did we have time to finish venting all the air out before the vent broke?
GM
 GM, 178 posts
 Game Master
 Big Dub...
Thu 4 May 2017
at 20:56
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
OOC:  The broken vent (yes, in the cargo hold, but will also likely require external repair) is what is preventing you from leaving this rock for the moment...

Go ahead and give me a mechanic roll...

This message was last edited by the GM at 20:58, Thu 04 May 2017.

Mordun Tes
 player, 118 posts
Fri 5 May 2017
at 05:29
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu

07:29, Today: Mordun Tes rolled 13 using 1d20+7.  Mechanic Check.
Hep Kresim
 player, 146 posts
 Beginnings
Fri 5 May 2017
at 12:15
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
In reply to Mordun Tes (msg # 374):
Hep is motivated to get off this rock.

14:15, Today: Hep Kresim rolled 29 using 1d20+10.  Mechanics Check.

This message was last edited by the player at 12:33, Fri 05 May 2017.

GM
 GM, 180 posts
 Game Master
 Big Dub...
Sat 6 May 2017
at 18:19
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
Hep makes short work of the patch and repair of the vent starting from the inside.  There doesn't seem to be any more of the Sacorrian grain flies.  Hep then moves to the exterior of the ship to make repairs to the outer part of the vent.

Mordun is already outside trying to assess the damage to the hull, and especially the landing gear.  It almost seems like the ship is listing forward a bit, perhaps because of the damaged landing gear, but Mordun isn't quite sure.

OOC:  Please make a perception check roll for those outside the ship...well, both of you at this point.
Hep Kresim
 player, 147 posts
 Beginnings
Sun 7 May 2017
at 05:53
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
In reply to GM (msg # 376):


07:37, Today: Hep Kresim rolled 16 using 1d20+4.  Perception Check.

Hep works quickly with the interior repairs enjoying the distraction from a brutal day and moves to exterior with his toolkit and repair materials. He is eager to get away from imperial forces and pass off their guests to someone, anyone, the rebels maybe.  On Durous he had left the corporate engineering program to pursue curiosity and adventure.  Now as an fugitive he was neck deep in curiosity and adventure but also danger and conflict with possible lethal side effects.

OOC: Should I be making a mechanics checks for the exterior repair?

This message was last edited by the player at 07:50, Sun 07 May 2017.

Mordun Tes
 player, 119 posts
Sun 7 May 2017
at 08:35
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu

10:32, Today: Mordun Tes rolled 12 using 1d20+8.  Perception Check for hull/landing gear inspection.

In case I'll need it, I also made a mechanic check:

10:33, Today: Mordun Tes rolled 11 using 1d20+7.  Mechanic Check.

Obviously, Mordun is struggling to get control of his nerves and is having a hard time focusing on the task at hand!
Hep Kresim
 player, 148 posts
 Beginnings
Mon 8 May 2017
at 06:31
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
In reply to Mordun Tes (msg # 378):


08:29, Today: Hep Kresim rolled 16 using 1d20+10.  2nd mechanics check.

Hep begins working on the exterior.

OOC: Can I take 20 or something? Not sure what the DC level is here
GM
 GM, 182 posts
 Game Master
 Big Dub...
Mon 8 May 2017
at 18:25
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
The sky is darkening quickly outside, although it's not quite dusk yet according to your chronometer.  The lightning appears to be a bit more intense and the subsequent thunder claps follow more and more shortly after the flash.

Mordun and Hep diligently work on their respective exterior sections.

Mordun is unsure of whether the damage to the landing gear is going to be an issue or not, but it certainly looks very banged up.  Might not hurt to get a second opinion from the expert.

Hep gets to work on the exterior part of the ventilation system, it's a wonder such relatively small and squishy things caused such damage.

[Secret to Hep Kresim: As you're working, you think you see something out of the corner of your eye around a rubble pile, about 30 meters away.]

[Secret to Mordun Tes: As you're trying to figure out whether the landing gear can even be fixed, you catch the glimpse of a shadow out of the corner of our eye.]

OOC:  Yes, you can take 20, but it will take a little while longer, although you did already roll.  Let me know which method you want to use.
Hep Kresim
 player, 149 posts
 Beginnings
Mon 8 May 2017
at 18:49
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
In reply to GM (msg # 380):

While working Hep notices something out of the corner of his eye near the rubble pile and looks more closely.


20:49, Today: Hep Kresim rolled 9 using 1d20+4
GM
 GM, 184 posts
 Game Master
 Big Dub...
Tue 9 May 2017
at 04:10
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
In reply to Hep Kresim (msg # 381):

OOC: What do you mean by "look more closely"?  Look, or move towards?

And as noted in the OOC thread, IC (In-Character) neither of you has communicated with each other about noticing anything...

Hep Kresim
 player, 150 posts
 Beginnings
Tue 9 May 2017
at 04:45
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
In reply to GM (msg # 382):

Hep turns toward the object he sees out of the corner of his eye.  "Mordun what's over by that rubble pile?" Hep taps his comm link "Aria there maybe something by the rubble pile over there do you have anything on sensors?"
Ooc I'll be more specific next time
Mordun Tes
 player, 120 posts
Tue 9 May 2017
at 10:01
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
On edge, Mordun ducks for cover and reaches for his blaster while scanning the rubble pile.


12:00, Today: Mordun Tes rolled 27 using 1d20+8.  Perception check.
Aria
 NPC, 33 posts
 Arkanian
Tue 9 May 2017
at 21:12
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
Aria, even without the aid of the ship targeting computer spots something by the rubble pile behind the ship as Hep communicates to her, she replies on comms "Appears to be a person."
Hep Kresim
 player, 151 posts
 Beginnings
Wed 10 May 2017
at 12:45
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
In reply to Aria (msg # 385):

Hep draws his blaster and squints to see if he can recognize the person.
"Mordun I still have to finish the exterior repairs so we can get out of here.  Can you see who that is? I'll cover you."

This message was last edited by the player at 15:04, Wed 10 May 2017.

Mordun Tes
 player, 121 posts
Wed 10 May 2017
at 19:47
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
To Hep: "I'm on it."

Mordun advances (behind cover as much as possible) until he can see the figure at which point he raises his blaster and shouts "come out where I can see you and move very slowly!"
Hep Kresim
 player, 152 posts
 Duros Scoundrel
Thu 11 May 2017
at 12:31
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
In reply to Mordun Tes (msg # 387):

OOC: So if I was working towards the back (if I remember correctly) of the ship when I stopped to cover Mordun, do I have cover from the back of the ship towards the rubble pile?  Or am I exposed?
GM
 GM, 185 posts
 Game Master
 Big Dub...
Thu 11 May 2017
at 19:38
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
OOC:  It's to the right of the ship.  So closest to the entry ramp side.
Jimmi
 NPC, 12 posts
 Near Human Fixer
 Jimmi Klaas
Thu 11 May 2017
at 19:51
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
As everyone is leveling their blasters and yelling at what is essentially a shadow at this point, Jimmi pokes his head out from the ship at the entry ramp and yells, "Hey! They're awake! You hear me?! They're awake!"  His yelling reverberates throughout the open bay of this old warehouse building.

A split second later a bolt of lightning strikes just outside the broken bay doors followed by a thunderous clap that usually follows lightning.  That too echoes through the old building very annoyingly.

OOC:  Perception check everyone...
Hep Kresim
 player, 153 posts
 Duros Scoundrel
Thu 11 May 2017
at 20:36
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
In reply to Jimmi (msg # 390):

22:34, Today: Hep Kresim rolled 16 using 1d20+4.  Perception Check.
Hep taps his commlink "Aria Jimmi is saying the prisoners are awake...are you there? Can you take care of them? Do you need help?"

This message was last edited by the player at 20:41, Thu 11 May 2017.

Mordun Tes
 player, 122 posts
Fri 12 May 2017
at 11:38
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu

13:38, Today: Mordun Tes rolled 21 using 1d20+8.  Perception check.
Hep Kresim
 player, 154 posts
 Duros Scoundrel
Fri 12 May 2017
at 14:01
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
In reply to Mordun Tes (msg # 392):

OOC: All this perception checking is hair raising...WHAT AM I NOT PERCEIVING?!?! It's like getting scared by something you are not aware of...

This message was last edited by the player at 14:01, Fri 12 May 2017.

Aria
 NPC, 34 posts
 Arkanian
Sat 13 May 2017
at 17:47
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
Hep Kresim:
Hep taps his commlink "Aria Jimmi is saying the prisoners are awake...are you there? Can you take care of them? Do you need help?"

Aria replies over the comlink, "Copy.  I'll go.  Losing visual on the shadow."

Aria jumps down from the gunner's turret landing easily.  She had taken note of the banging on the storage compartment door, but decidedly ignored it until Hep asked her to check on it.  She knew it was the Imperial Officer.  She made ready to open the door, and popped it open in an instant just before she throat punched the Imp to shut him up.  It was followed by a lot of thrashing and foaming at the mouth, causing the Imp to fall out of the storage compartment face first.  He landed with a sickening thud, and just as suddenly stopped moving...
Hep Kresim
 player, 155 posts
 Duros Scoundrel
Sun 14 May 2017
at 12:20
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
In reply to Aria (msg # 394):

Hep taps his comm link: "Aria I'm covering Mordun, he's investigating the shadow by the rubble pile. Call if you need us. Hep out."
GM
 GM, 187 posts
 Game Master
 Big Dub...
Tue 16 May 2017
at 04:05
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
Hep and Mordun see something different respectively...

[Secret to Hep Kresim: From your angle whatever you saw seems to disappear...]

[Secret to Mordun Tes: You see this mysterious shadow, that definitely has a humanoid shape duck toward the rubble and is currently out of sight, but you're quite confident it was/is humanoid...]
Mordun Tes
 player, 123 posts
Tue 16 May 2017
at 10:32
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
OOC: I am assuming I have a flashlight since I was going out to do a hull inspection in a darkened building. If that assumption is wrong, please disregard the light part!

Mordun shines his light on the figure and shouts: "You! Come out where I can see you and put your hands up or I'll shoot"


OOC: Given the position of the guns on the top of the ship, can they be pointed at the rubble pile or is the pile too close?
Hep Kresim
 player, 156 posts
 Duros Scoundrel
Wed 17 May 2017
at 17:21
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
In reply to Mordun Tes (msg # 397):

Hep taps his comm link again: "Aria, Im covering Mordun, any update on our guests?"

OOC Just looking for a distraction before a possible fire fight...
GM
 GM, 188 posts
 Game Master
 Big Dub...
Thu 18 May 2017
at 03:59
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
Mordun Tes:
Mordun shines his light on the figure and shouts: "You! Come out where I can see you and put your hands up or I'll shoot"

You sense a moment of hesitation on the part of the shadow, and for a split-second you almost think it really might be a figment of your imagination.  But that is all dispelled when the "shadow" moves, and you see a small dark figure with a hooded cloak appear to stand with gloved hands raised.

Hep Kresim:
Hep taps his comm link again: "Aria, Im covering Mordun, any update on our guests?"

Aria replies, "One neutralized, the other is still unconscious."

OOC: Yes, a flashlight or glowrod in SW parlance is part of your gear and would be used for your inspection.

The guns could be pointed at the person or pile, but you had Aria attend to your "prisoners" so she jumped from the gun...she did mention this...

Don't worry, not everything needs to result in a firefight...unless you want it to...

Hep Kresim
 player, 157 posts
 Duros Scoundrel
Thu 18 May 2017
at 10:38
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
quote:
You sense a moment of hesitation on the part of the shadow, and for a split-second you almost think it really might be a figment of your imagination.  But that is all dispelled when the "shadow" moves, and you see a small dark figure with a hooded cloak appear to stand with gloved hands raised.

OOC: Am I able to see this from my distance?
Hep strains his eyes to see the unknown entity Mordun is shouting at, keeping his gun trained where the he thinks it is.


quote:
Aria replies, <b><Purple>"One neutralized, the other is still unconscious."

Hep taps his commlink: "Well that's good news I guess. I assume you are uninjured.  Hep out."

quote:

Don't worry, not everything needs to result in a firefight...unless you want it to...

OOC: Good point. Did we try reasoning with the shadows first? So we don't really know if it had to be a fight? Mr. Shadow we are terribly sorry to be violating your crypt but could you do us a favor and just...hand over the treasure?
Mordun Tes
 player, 125 posts
Thu 18 May 2017
at 17:09
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
Mordun keeps his blaster trained on the shadow and points his glow rod in that direction.

He then says loudly into comms (loudly enough for the shadow to hear): "Aria, get on the guns and cover this guy. If he makes any sudden moves or if any friends appear, blast them."

To the shadow: "You there. Who are you? What are you doing here? Be quick . We have work to do"
GM
 GM, 189 posts
 Game Master
 Big Dub...
Thu 18 May 2017
at 19:18
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
The shadow speaks, it's distinctly a woman's voice, "I should be asking you those questions, who are you and what are you doing here?"
Mordun Tes
 player, 126 posts
Thu 18 May 2017
at 19:52
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
OOC: GM, let me know when Aria is back up in the guns and has trained them on the shadow.

To shadow: "Our ship sustained some damage. We need to make some repairs and then we'll be gone."
Hep Kresim
 player, 158 posts
 Duros Scoundrel
Sun 21 May 2017
at 13:29
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
In reply to Mordun Tes (msg # 403):

While keeping his attention trained on the area in front of Mordun, Hep starts to spot check other areas around the hangar to see if there are other residents that they haven't seen yet....


15:29, Today: Hep Kresim rolled 18 using 1d20+4.  Perception check for additional people in the area.
GM
 GM, 191 posts
 Game Master
 Big Dub...
Wed 7 Jun 2017
at 20:05
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
Mordun Tes:
To shadow: "Our ship sustained some damage. We need to make some repairs and then we'll be gone."

The shadow responds, "Who are you with? And who are you running from?"

Hep glances around and for the moment is unable to spot anyone or thing else other than dark corners and rubble.  However, he can certainly feel the uncanny confidence in the female "shadow's" voice that must be telling you something.

Aria comes over the comms, ~"Back on the gun.  I've got her in my sights."~
Mordun Tes
 player, 127 posts
Mon 12 Jun 2017
at 19:45
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
On comms to Aria: "Are you picking up anyone else on the scanners"

To the shadow: "We are with an offworld freight company and need to make some repairs to our ship before the storm comes in. Corporate hates it when we're late. Now, we're going to get to work. I highly recommend you stand quite still since you've got a twin laser cannon trained on you and our gunner is pretty twitchy."
GM
 GM, 195 posts
 Game Master
 Big Dub...
Mon 12 Jun 2017
at 21:19
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
Mordun Tes:
On comms to Aria: "Are you picking up anyone else on the scanners"


Aria replies on comms: ~"Too much interference, can't even get a good read on the person, and too small."~

Mordun Tes:
To the shadow: "We are with an offworld freight company and need to make some repairs to our ship before the storm comes in. Corporate hates it when we're late. Now, we're going to get to work. I highly recommend you stand quite still since you've got a twin laser cannon trained on you and our gunner is pretty twitchy."

The Shadow is apparently not impressed with the threat, but not quite revealing her own cards just yet, "How'd you get the damage?"  Adding poignantly, "Who are you runnin' from?"
Hep Kresim
 player, 160 posts
 Duros Scoundrel
Tue 13 Jun 2017
at 12:50
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
In reply to GM (msg # 407):

Hep opens a channel to Mordun and Aria "Ok it doesn't seem like there is anyone else around and Aria is trained on the ewok or whatever it is...I'm going to finish the exterior repairs so we can get out of here."

OOC: Should I do another mechanics check because I interrupted my last mechanics action?
Hep Kresim
 player, 161 posts
 Duros Scoundrel
Tue 13 Jun 2017
at 13:47
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
In reply to Hep Kresim (msg # 408):

Walking to the aft of the ship towards the vent needing repair, Hep taps his comm link for both Aria and Mordun "Look who ever they are, they're probably hiding from the empire too.  Maybe they can help us."
GM
 GM, 196 posts
 Game Master
 Big Dub...
Tue 13 Jun 2017
at 18:31
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
OOC: Assuming you're whispering.  Give me a deception check please...

And another mechanics check to finish your work so rudely interrupted...

Hep Kresim
 player, 162 posts
 Duros Scoundrel
Wed 14 Jun 2017
at 06:22
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
In reply to GM (msg # 410):


08:18, Today: Hep Kresim rolled 4 using 1d20 + 10 = 14.  Deception Check.


08:20, Today: Hep Kresim rolled 27 using 1d20+10 ((17)) Mechanics Check
At least we wont get sucked out of the vents in space.

OOC:  Maybe I just should have yelled out "Guys Guys we gotta start runnin from the empire now!"

This message was last edited by the player at 07:10, Wed 14 June 2017.

Mordun Tes
 player, 128 posts
Fri 23 Jun 2017
at 23:46
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
Mordun continues his inspection of the damaged hull and landing gear. He is specifically looking for damage to structural integrity that would preclude spaceflight. Everything else can wait.

Clearly, he was too distracted by the talking shadow nearby to pay much attention to his work:
19:44, Today: Mordun Tes rolled 8 using 1d20+7.  Mechanic Check.
GM
 GM, 198 posts
 Game Master
 Big Dub...
Sun 25 Jun 2017
at 03:29
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
The shadow with a tone of annoyance takes a few steps towards the ship and asks again, "Seriously?  You guys are ignoring me?  Are you pirates?  Smugglers?  Running from gangsters?  Or did you cross the Empire..."  The last part was more of a statement than a question, as if she already knew.

Hep continues the repairs on the external vent, the repair seemingly going well, but takes time just like anything else.

Mordun is having some difficulty in figuring out which rods to straighten out first to get the landing gear in operation again.  In fact, he thinks he might have actually made it worse, but he's not sure how.  That is until he notices the deluge of hydraulic fluid begin to drain out onto the dirty abandoned warehouse floor.
Hep Kresim
 player, 163 posts
 Duros Scoundrel
Sun 25 Jun 2017
at 13:46
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
In reply to GM (msg # 413):

OOC: When I'm done with my repairs can I give Mordun an assist?

GM
 GM, 199 posts
 Game Master
 Big Dub...
Mon 26 Jun 2017
at 04:38
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
In reply to Hep Kresim (msg # 414):

OOC:  You can assist, but you're going to need more than an assist to get that fixed now...
Hep Kresim
 player, 164 posts
 Duros Scoundrel
Mon 26 Jun 2017
at 08:22
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
In reply to GM (msg # 415):

OOC: Should I make the roll now or is there any other turn of events we have to work out first?
GM
 GM, 200 posts
 Game Master
 Big Dub...
Mon 26 Jun 2017
at 19:14
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
OOC: So, only a few mere seconds have passed.  As good of a mechanic roll as Hep made, he's not going to effect the repair in seconds or even a few minutes.  You also have the 'shadow' nagging you...
Mordun Tes
 player, 129 posts
Mon 26 Jun 2017
at 20:19
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
Visibly shaken by the enormity of his situation, Mordun attempts to simultaneously jam his thumb into the leaking hydraulic line, keep an eye on the shadow, and nervously push a rag around on the floor with his foot to mop up the large and spreading spill. In the end, he does all of them poorly and ends up spraying a couple liters of the blue fluid down the front of his flight suit...

"Hep, I need some help here. Bring some clamps. We've got a leak."
GM
 GM, 201 posts
 Game Master
 Big Dub...
Mon 26 Jun 2017
at 21:02
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
The shadow puts a hand to her mouth, seeming to stifle a laugh.  She then reaches up and pulls back her hood...
Kit
 NPC, 1 post
 Scratch your eyes out...
Mon 26 Jun 2017
at 21:06
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
A human female with alabaster skin and bright red hair like her full pouty lips quips, "Looks like you sprung a leak, may be we can help each other out..."

She's attractive enough for a human, but your core crew are all non-human at least in the "traditional" sense.  Nonetheless, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

This message was last edited by the GM at 18:38, Thu 29 June 2017.

Hep Kresim
 player, 165 posts
 Duros Scoundrel
Wed 28 Jun 2017
at 13:50
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
In reply to Kit (msg # 420):

After completing the vent repairs Hep walks over to Mordun and the landing gear to assess what other tools he might need to make the repairs to the landing gear.  Half of his face is still swollen and bruised from getting bludgeoned half to death by a rifle butt, a strand of bloodied gauze hangs out of one nostril.  He examines the human female as he approaches Mordun. As he reaches the landing gear he looks at Mordun covered in hydraulic fluid, then at the landing gear, then at Mordun again. "How did you do that?" He asks.
OOC: UPDATE!!!! Oops sorry, strike this post. Hep will continue to seal the vent completely, a vent that is in 'working condition' against the vacuum of space doesn't sound good...its funny to space other people but not yourself

This message was last edited by the player at 14:15, Sat 01 July 2017.

Aria
 NPC, 35 posts
 Arkanian
Thu 29 Jun 2017
at 18:41
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
Aria comes over the comms, ~"The shadow is approaching, do you wish me to neutralize her?"~
Jimmi
 NPC, 13 posts
 Near Human Fixer
 Jimmi Klaas
Thu 29 Jun 2017
at 18:45
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
At the exact moment Aria is asking to smoke the redheaded chick, Jimmi comes down the passenger ramp and spots the fiery-haired woman.  He seems to blink hard a couple of times before he seems to decidedly walk up to her.  With a hand raised and waving slightly he addresses her (since no one else will...), "'Ello there.  Greetings.  And who might you be?" he says with an obvious attempt at sounding...interesting.
Mordun Tes
 player, 130 posts
Tue 4 Jul 2017
at 18:22
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu


To the shadow: "Ummm...no...I think I know how to fix this..." Mordun says with a doubtful tone while looking down at the growing puddle and stroking the tip of one of his horns thoughtfully.

On comms: "Aria, keep an eye on her. Jimmi is going to check her out."

Mordun then bends down to try to repair the broken hose again.

14:15, Today: Mordun Tes rolled 8 using 1d20+7.  Mechanic Check.

OOC: Unbelieveable! I rolled another 1 on my Mechanics Check!

As he bends down, Mordun slips on the spilled fluid and loses his balance. As he falls, he instinctively reaches out to grab onto something. That something ends up being the broken hose which, rather than supporting him, pulls out of its mounting clips as he falls and tears as it catches on a jagged piece of metal protruding from the damaged landing strut.
GM
 GM, 205 posts
 Game Master
 Big Dub...
Tue 4 Jul 2017
at 21:47
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
Jimmi:
At the exact moment Aria is asking to smoke the redheaded chick, Jimmi comes down the passenger ramp and spots the fiery-haired woman.  He seems to blink hard a couple of times before he seems to decidedly walk up to her.  With a hand raised and waving slightly he addresses her (since no one else will...), "'Ello there.  Greetings.  And who might you be?" he says with an obvious attempt at sounding...interesting.

The shadow puts a hand up indicating to Jimmi to 'stop'.  She replied, "Whoa there space cowboy, stay back."

Jimmi appeared to have a hurt look on his face at the obvious rejection.  He put his hands up in a somewhat universal sign of surrender, "Sorry, sorry, I'm not gonna hurt ya."

As Mordun unceremoniously slips and seems to make the damage to the hydraulics worse a sickening creaking sound of grinding metal echoes from the ship and throughout the mostly empty but rubble-filled warehouse bay.  Just before the landing gear metal seems to almost crumble under the shifted weight of the ship itself tipping it forward...

A bright flash of lightning and a thunderous clap seem to emphasize the impending doom!

OOC:  Mordun, please make a reflex roll flat-footed.
Mordun Tes
 player, 132 posts
Tue 4 Jul 2017
at 23:09
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
OOC: I don't know what modifier being flat-footed incurs so below is an unmodified roll. My Reflex Defense is 18. Please modify accordingly:

19:06, Today: Mordun Tes rolled 2 using 1d20.  Unmodified Reflex Defense Roll.


Looking up in horror as the ship lurches forward on its crumpling landing gear, Mordun claws at the ground trying to get out of the way but the hydraulic fluid spill keeps him from getting any traction...
GM
 GM, 208 posts
 Game Master
 Big Dub...
Thu 6 Jul 2017
at 02:23
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
Mordun seems to be scrambling for traction for an eternity, but really it's just a split-second as he manages to grab a hold of some friction as he propels himself just to the other side of the crushed landing gear like a fast-moving Agr from Kashyyyk just in a nick of time.

It almost seems like the ship is coming down on top of him, but he's just inside the angle that prevents him from being crushed.  The front end of the ship lurches forward over the now crumbling and broken landing gear crashing to the abandoned warehouse floor with a thunderous boom to rival the storm brewing outside.

Looks like the crew of The Reaper may be staying a little while longer than anticipated on Eriadu...
Hep Kresim
 player, 166 posts
 Duros Scoundrel
Thu 6 Jul 2017
at 13:28
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
In reply to GM (msg # 427):

14:59, Today: Hep Kresim rolled 1 using 1d20.  Reflex defense.
Does Hep fall off the ship?
GM
 GM, 209 posts
 Game Master
 Big Dub...
Thu 6 Jul 2017
at 19:46
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
Hep, while straddling the back of the ship working on the vent barely notices the groan of metal...just before he's flung several feet in the air by the tipping of the front end.  Luckily or perhaps unluckily it was not enough to throw him over the craft itself, but instead he face plants smashing his already bloodied face in to the turret.  All he can see before his vision blurs and he passes out for a minute is Aria just looking at him deadpan as his bloodied face leaves streaks on the turret transparisteel as it slides down...

OOC: Hep, 2 0 damage...to your face...

BTW, Hep only losses vision/consciousness for a second.

This message was last edited by the GM at 05:33, Sat 08 July 2017.

Mordun Tes
 player, 134 posts
Thu 6 Jul 2017
at 22:19
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
OOC: That image made me laugh out loud. Sorry Hep.
Mordun Tes
 player, 135 posts
Thu 6 Jul 2017
at 22:20
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
Mordun jumps up and raises his hands in the air. "It wasn't me!"

He then slowly turns toward the shadow: "You don't have any heavy repair equipment, do you?"
Kit
 NPC, 2 posts
 Scratch your eyes out...
Sat 8 Jul 2017
at 05:32
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
"The shadow" is crouched back behind the rubble pile you first spotted her in with an 'uh-oh' look on her face, likely astonished at the sudden crashing of the front end of your ship.

Mordun Tes:
Mordun jumps up and raises his hands in the air. "It wasn't me!"

He then slowly turns toward the shadow: "You don't have any heavy repair equipment, do you?"

At first she just shakes her head as she stands, puts her hand on her hips with a little lean she seems to consider the situation for a moment, "So, now you need my help huh?  Ok, let's talk..."
Hep Kresim
 player, 167 posts
 Duros Scoundrel
Sun 9 Jul 2017
at 09:49
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
In reply to GM (msg # 429):

Hep lays on the hull and blinks for a minute "Ow." he says in a soft resigned way.
Jimmi
 NPC, 14 posts
 Near Human Fixer
 Jimmi Klaas
Thu 13 Jul 2017
at 00:10
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
Jimmi turns expectantly to Mordun, "So what do we need?"
Hep Kresim
 player, 168 posts
 Duros Scoundrel
Thu 13 Jul 2017
at 10:22
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
In reply to Hep Kresim (msg # 433):

OOC: Please me know when the repair turn is over.
Mordun Tes
 player, 136 posts
Sun 16 Jul 2017
at 00:49
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
I answer Jimmi as best I can:

20:48, Today: Mordun Tes rolled 23 using 1d20+7.  Mechanic Check.
Hep Kresim
 player, 170 posts
 Duros Scoundrel
Sun 16 Jul 2017
at 06:24
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
In reply to Mordun Tes (msg # 436):

Hep shouts down to Mordun "hey I just have to finish the exterior vent and then I can assist." As he works on the vent.
Mordun Tes
 player, 137 posts
Thu 20 Jul 2017
at 01:57
Re: Spaceport – Eriadu
Mordun quietly to Jimmi: "See if she has what we need or knows where we can find it. And don't tell her too much"