Milk Run.   Posted by GM.Group: archive 0
Hep Kresim
 player, 128 posts
 Beginnings
Tue 14 Mar 2017
at 12:40
Re: Spaceport Eriadu
In reply to Mordun Tes (msg # 313):

"We'll have to hope that the officer doesn't have a tracker...I'll get up front to copilot, We need we you on the guns Aria!"
Hep goes to the front of the ship.
Aria
 NPC, 26 posts
 Arkanian
Sun 19 Mar 2017
at 03:48
Re: Spaceport Eriadu
Hep Kresim:
"We'll have to hope that the officer doesn't have a tracker...I'll get up front to copilot, We need we you on the guns Aria!"
Hep goes to the front of the ship.

Aria picks herself off the floor by doing a flip from her back, appearing to do it effortlessly.  She simply nods and replies, "Guns." acknowledging Hep in an oddly feminine yet stern voice as she moves towards the ladder well to get to the ship laser turret.
GM
 GM, 153 posts
 Game Master
 Big Dub...
Sun 19 Mar 2017
at 03:57
Re: Spaceport Eriadu
As everyone scrambles to get to their respective positions, except Jimmi who sits back down at the table in the main hold, the TIE fighters appear to be quickly getting larger.  The Reaper, despite being a Dynamic-Class freighter, has never been modified, because hauling grain and produce has always been it's lot in life.  Now, all of a sudden, she's a rebel.  Surely she can't outrun a couple of the Empire's latest and greatest in technology, the Imperial TIE fighters...or can she?  Perhaps outsmart is the better way to go for our intrepid heroes...

OOC:  Roll for initiative...

Sorry for the delay, still a little sick, and RPOL was not cooperating last night.

Hep Kresim
 player, 129 posts
 Beginnings
Sun 19 Mar 2017
at 10:03
Re: Spaceport Eriadu
GM:
As everyone scrambles to get to their respective positions, except Jimmi who sits back down at the table in the main hold, the TIE fighters appear to be quickly getting larger.  The Reaper, despite being a Dynamic-Class freighter, has never been modified, because hauling grain and produce has always been it's lot in life.  Now, all of a sudden, she's a rebel.  Surely she can't outrun a couple of the Empire's latest and greatest in technology, the Imperial TIE fighters...or can she?  Perhaps outsmart is the better way to go for our intrepid heroes...

OOC:  Roll for initiative...

Sorry for the delay, still a little sick, and RPOL was not cooperating last night.

OOC: These are excellent points...

11:10, Today: Hep Kresim rolled 24 using 1d20+11.  Heps initiative roll.
Hep momentarily ponders his situation: After gunning down several troopers and kidnapping an Imperial Officer and a Customs Official, things were going to get worse before they got better.  He's not on the guns and not piloting, but maybe he can take the fight to the Tie fighters by slicing their computers or tricking them to break off the chase...
Hep bureaucracy check for knowledge of Imperial comms and channels
11:41, Today: Hep Kresim rolled 23 using 1d20+10.  Knowledge Bureaucracy Check .
Hep technology check for accessing TIE fighter comms over the holonet
11:44, Today: Hep Kresim rolled 14 using 1d20+10.  Technology Knowledge check.
Hep attempts to access the TIE fighters computer (nav system)

12:01, Today: Hep Kresim rolled 23 using 1d20+10.  Use computer check.
Mordun Tes
 player, 93 posts
Sun 19 Mar 2017
at 13:41
Re: Spaceport Eriadu



15:39, Today: Mordun Tes rolled 25 using 1d20+9.  Initiative.

[Private to GM: Do I see any paths I could take that would get me out of their line of sight (and fire) for a bit?]
GM
 GM, 154 posts
 Game Master
 Big Dub...
Sun 19 Mar 2017
at 19:51
Re: Spaceport Eriadu
Hep Kresim:
Hep momentarily ponders his situation: After gunning down several troopers and kidnapping an Imperial Officer and a Customs Official, things were going to get worse before they got better.  He's not on the guns and not piloting, but maybe he can take the fight to the Tie fighters by slicing their computers or tricking them to break off the chase...

Hep realizes he doesn't have the time, nor the resources to hack an Imperial communications network while flying haphazardly through a city nap of the earth, plus the encryption is military grade and would either require having the keys, or again a lot of time and computing power he just doesn't have at the moment.  It was a nice thought, but out of reach for the moment.  The best bet was the physically be present at the source of communications or one of the Imperial communications towers in this city that actually had more than one unlike most smaller cities of less significant planets.  That wasn't going to happen in the next few seconds, or even minutes, so plan B...
GM
 GM, 155 posts
 Game Master
 Big Dub...
Sun 19 Mar 2017
at 20:21
Re: Spaceport Eriadu
The TIE Fighters seem to have the advantage, but they are not pressing the attack for some reason, however, they are a little faster and closing quickly.  A beeping indicating the hail channel from Eriadu City Control is sounding off again...

OOC:  Initiative Order

TIEs
Mordun
Hep
Jimmi
Aria

Mordun, as the pilot you can do the following (main book, pg 170+ (PDF: 178+)):

All-out movement (Full round)
Attack run (Standard)
Attack with a vehicle weapon (Standard)
Avoid collision (Reaction)
Dogfight (Standard)
Fight Defensively (Standard) +5 dodge, -5 attack OR +10 dodge, no attacks  <-- This is if you are trying to duck between buildings and such to avoid a good lock from the TIEs
Full stop (Swift)
Increase vehicle speed (Swift)
Move (Move)

Mordun Tes
 player, 94 posts
Mon 20 Mar 2017
at 12:37
Re: Spaceport Eriadu
His heart pounding, Mordun focuses on maneuvering the ship to keep out of the TIE's line of fire.

"Hep! What's the plan?!" he screams into the comms with panic starting to creep into his voice.


14:35, Today: Mordun Tes rolled 25 using 1d20+9.  Fly/fight defensively roll.
Hep Kresim
 player, 130 posts
 Beginnings
Mon 20 Mar 2017
at 20:33
Re: Spaceport Eriadu
In reply to Mordun Tes (msg # 321):

Hep turns to Mordun "OK I'm going to try to get them to back off...so level off and I'll try to get them to break off.  We can't do a hyperspace jump in atmosphere..."
OOC: Wait we can't jump to hyperspace in atmosphere can we?
" maybe we can get them to back off enough and then we gun it..."
Hep picks up the Comm, and tries to make it seem like there is interference by crinkling a foil Cheezy snax bag next to the microphone: "...Eriadu...cit...control...Do you read...we..experienced malfunc...comms and a bad slave relay circuit but we have removed it and are now under control, we strongly suspect sabotage.  We are heading back now.  We also need to report 4 suspicious wookies who were acosting a customs official in the hangar right before we lost control of the ship.  We couldn't see what happened because the ship took off. Also our company reported to us that someone was using our call sign claiming to be the reaper do you have any information on that?"
OOC: Ooooh boy. That's a doosie. Going to phone a friend and use a force point....


22:30, Today: Hep Kresim rolled 12 using 1d20+10.  Lie like your life depends on it Deception roll..
OOC. God.
Force point roll:
22:31, Today: Hep Kresim rolled 6 using 1d6.  force point.  Total = 18
Mordun Tes
 player, 95 posts
Wed 22 Mar 2017
at 13:54
Re: Spaceport Eriadu
As Hep starts talking, Mordun levels off, leaves NOE, and begins to rise to a typical transit altitude for in-atmo travel. Working hard to look "normal" and back in control after our bad slave relay...

As Hep finishes his transmission, Mordun turns to him with an incredulous look, "Are you frakking kidding me?"
Aria
 NPC, 27 posts
 Arkanian
Wed 22 Mar 2017
at 19:07
Re: Spaceport Eriadu
Aria comes over the internal comms to inquire, "Am I weapons free?  Or are we holding until fired upon?" her tone is calm, and unexcited - simply matter-of-fact.
Jimmi
 NPC, 9 posts
 Near Human Fixer
 Jimmi Klaas
Wed 22 Mar 2017
at 19:09
Re: Spaceport Eriadu
Jimmi makes his way to the cockpit coming up behind Hep and Mordun.  He deliberately clears his throat to announce his presence so as not to get a blaster shot to the face.  He looks at Hep after his attempted ruse and simply says, "Really?"
GM
 GM, 156 posts
 Game Master
 Big Dub...
Wed 22 Mar 2017
at 19:15
Re: Spaceport Eriadu
There seems to be a momentary pause before the ship comlink crackles with life again.  That moment seems like an eternity...

~"Reaper, this is Eriadu City Control, um, please bring come to bearing one-one-three and dock at landing bay Alpha Zero-Zero-Six.  Please comply immediately or we will fire."~ the air traffic controller seemed quite serious, and quite skeptical of your story, but you never know.  They haven't shot you down yet, but the TIE fighters are closing quickly.

Do you comply or do you run?
Hep Kresim
 player, 131 posts
 Beginnings
Wed 22 Mar 2017
at 20:26
Re: Spaceport Eriadu
In reply to GM (msg # 326):

Hep says "Hey guys thats the best I can do.  Jimmy if you have any ideas we are all ears. You want me to try something else?"
OOC: Even if it was a good lie it wouldn't have worked anyway.
Mordun Tes
 player, 96 posts
Wed 22 Mar 2017
at 21:42
Re: Spaceport Eriadu
"Aria, hold your fire."

"Hep, what now?" Hurriedly and barely above a whisper, Mordun tries to formulate a plan..."We make it look like we're complying with Control and we try to get them to lower their guard...could that work? We ram one and shoot the other one then we run for it and find a place to hide. What do you think? I'm not going into an Imperial cage."
Hep Kresim
 player, 132 posts
 Beginnings
Thu 23 Mar 2017
at 13:20
Re: Spaceport Eriadu
GM:
There seems to be a momentary pause before the ship comlink crackles with life again.  That moment seems like an eternity...

~"Reaper, this is Eriadu City Control, um, please bring come to bearing one-one-three and dock at landing bay Alpha Zero-Zero-Six.  Please comply immediately or we will fire."~ the air traffic controller seemed quite serious, and quite skeptical of your story, but you never know.  They haven't shot you down yet, but the TIE fighters are closing quickly.

Do you comply or do you run?

OOC: Can I aid Mordun in his pilot rolls? Also what is layout between our direction and bearing 113? Meaning are there large buildings that we can put between us and the TIE fighters?
Hep seems grimly determined "Maybe we can get them to lose visual contact by putting something between us and break for it."
Hep scans the local maps and urban topography in the nav computer

15:18, Today: Hep Kresim rolled 24 using 1d20+10.  Use Computer check for scanning local maps.

Hep tries to think of a way to confuse the imperial tracking systems.

15:25, Today: Hep Kresim rolled 24 using 1d20+10.  Technology Knowledge check.

This message was last edited by the player at 13:26, Thu 23 Mar 2017.

Mordun Tes
 player, 97 posts
Thu 23 Mar 2017
at 17:47
Re: Spaceport Eriadu
Mordun turns the ship to heading 113 as requested.

"Roger that, Control. Now moving to heading one-one-three".


OOC: Where are our escorts?
Hep Kresim
 player, 133 posts
 Beginnings
Fri 24 Mar 2017
at 15:22
Re: Spaceport Eriadu
In reply to Mordun Tes (msg # 330):

OOC: This is turning into the star wars version of COPS. heh heh. They;re running for it!
GM
 GM, 157 posts
 Game Master
 Big Dub...
Sat 25 Mar 2017
at 04:31
Re: Spaceport Eriadu
You're relatively close to the edge of town, and many of the spaceports, and this particular one are on the outskirts.  Your original heading would take you out past the edge of the city, the new landing bay is about 90 degrees from your intended hiding location.  Being on the edge of town there are not any tall buildings, except for an Imperial communications tower, otherwise it's pretty flat.  The taller buildings are more towards the city center, which you've passed already.  However, further out, across a bit of open sprawl there are hills, or even small mountains, just beyond it or adjacent to it is the old abandoned industrial park you were headed to previously.

The TIE fighters angle on an intercept course to catch up with you before landing bay 113.

It would be very difficult to "fool" the tracking system, plus the TIE fighters seem to have direct line visual.

OOC:  It's not 'Cops' it's 'Troops' -- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvswNDAAZCU
Mordun Tes
 player, 98 posts
Mon 27 Mar 2017
at 09:45
Re: Spaceport Eriadu
Mordun to Hep: "What do you think? Do we shoot? Can Aria run the guns? Can we take two TIE fighters? We could put it down in the city and try to make a run for it and blend into the population. We can't go to that docking bay."
Mordun Tes
 player, 100 posts
Mon 3 Apr 2017
at 20:25
Re: Spaceport Eriadu
"Hep?... Hep?... " Mordun screams at his copilot who looks lost in thought. "WHAT DO WE DO???!!!!"
Aria
 NPC, 28 posts
 Arkanian
Tue 4 Apr 2017
at 18:56
Re: Spaceport Eriadu
Aria comes over the internal comms again, "I have the TIEs sighted in.  Shall I fire?" she inquires once again in the same calm matter-of-fact tone.
Mordun Tes
 player, 102 posts
Wed 5 Apr 2017
at 08:39
Re: Spaceport Eriadu
"Hold your fire for the moment. But be ready."

[Private to GM: Werner, my current plan is to shoot at one TIE while dropping landing gear and using it to ram the other TIE, hopefully catching both by surprise and doing it all quickly. Are they positioned in such a way that that could work?]
Aria
 NPC, 29 posts
 Arkanian
Wed 5 Apr 2017
at 14:47
Re: Spaceport Eriadu
Mordun Tes:
"Hold your fire for the moment. But be ready."

Aria responds over the internal comms, "Copy, standing by."

[Private to Mordun Tes: At the moment you could fire on them, but you're not quite in proximity to ram them.  However, you are far enough to try to run... (although they are probably faster and may catch up...)

They are on an angled intercept, so in about a minute you will meet, although you can't be sure they will fly in front of you, behind you, or beside you.
]
Mordun Tes
 player, 103 posts
Wed 5 Apr 2017
at 15:07
Re: Spaceport Eriadu
"Roger that. Standby."

[Private to GM: Since we're only a freighter, I'm hoping they'll let their guards down a bit and get close. I'll wait the minute to see where their intercept course places them.]