Milk Run.   Posted by GM.Group: archive 0
GM
 GM, 90 posts
 Game Master
 Big Dub...
Thu 26 Jan 2017
at 00:42
Re: Spaceport Eriadu
As Mordun enters the ship there are 3 ways to go, left is into one of the crew quarters, straight is into the garage hold, and right is into the crew common room and the rest of the ship.

OOC: You can see the layout of the ship (and the stats) in this post: link to a message in this game, and you can see the same (without stats) in the "Game Map" area under "group 2": Link back to this game.

The order as you enter the ship is Mordun, the Imperial Officer, and then the Stormtrooper (Sergeant).  The Imperial Officer seems to be falling back as everyone hears the shouting.  The Stormtrooper is moving past the Officer as he keys a commlink in his hand and says through the helmet speaker into it, "Bravo 2468, what's your situation?"

Hep, you're only on your knees at this point, so not as disadvantaged, but still slightly.  The Stormtrooper watching you is directly to your right about 1 meter away.  It is the one that butt-stroked you...

OOC: If you all want to roll initiative and go that route you can -- player's choice (except for the butt-stroke and the shouting, the Imps have not engaged in shooting or killin' just yet)... also I can't think of an instance where you wouldn't get your full initiative bonus, except perhaps for a surprise round.  Guess you're really in everyone's "OODA" loop...
Mordun Tes
 player, 60 posts
Thu 26 Jan 2017
at 09:15
Re: Spaceport Eriadu
I'm going to casually step aside to see if the sergeant will rush past me while he is distracted by his comms.

OOC: Otherwise still waiting to see what transpires. I am hoping to seem compliant so that if I have to draw, I can do so with a bit of surprise. We'll see how that works out.
Hep Kresim
 player, 76 posts
 Beginnings
Fri 27 Jan 2017
at 07:06
Re: Spaceport Eriadu
OOC:  Looks like my post from last night dropped...
Hep pays close attention to the guard on his right, prepared to draw and shoot if it should come to that.  A plan begins to form in his mind:  If shooting does start he would need to block more troopers from pouring into the bay.  Glancing at the bay security door he thinks back to all the slicing and security sites on the dark holonet that he has read to try to remember the manufacturer of the door, its model and its weaknesses.  Maybe there is a place he can shoot the door or control panel to disable it in the closed position?
21:25, Yesterday: Hep Kresim rolled 15 using 1d20.  Hep makes a Knowledge: Technology roll. 15 + 10 Knowledge Technology skill = 25
OOC: Shooting the control panel always seems to work in the movies *cough*
While he did have a security kit on him, the prospect of using it to seal a security door in an imperial controlled facility while troopers were running to your location was daunting to say the least.  He tries to remember if he has heard of any commonly used security codes or bypass security codes that are still in use because of bureaucratic complacency...

22:00, Yesterday: Hep Kresim rolled 3 using 1d20.  Hep makes a  bureaucracy check for misplaced security codes. 3 + 10 Knowledge Bureaucracy skill = 13

This message was last edited by the player at 07:10, Fri 27 Jan 2017.

Mordun Tes
 player, 61 posts
Fri 27 Jan 2017
at 09:05
Re: Spaceport Eriadu
OOC: When trying to close the door, may I suggest you punch in the following:

Login: admin
Password: admin

Just a thought  :-)

Hep Kresim
 player, 77 posts
 Beginnings
Fri 27 Jan 2017
at 15:58
Re: Spaceport Eriadu
In reply to Mordun Tes (msg # 192):

OOC: Maybe it's like the nuclear launch codes: all zeros.
Update:OOC: Also if we flee they will probably pursue or tractor beam us...

This message was last edited by the player at 15:36, Tue 31 Jan 2017.

GM
 GM, 93 posts
 Game Master
 Big Dub...
Fri 3 Feb 2017
at 19:45
Re: Spaceport Eriadu
In reply to Hep Kresim (msg # 191):

This particular model of door does have a lockout setting, and luckily you know it wouldn't take much to engage it if necessary.  However, despite the ineptitude of most bureaucrats, Imperial codes are actually hard to come by.

Mordun's side step is noticed by the Stormtrooper Sergeant, and he waves his blaster rifle rather ominously for you to move forward.  The Imperial Officer seems to be slowing his pace even more and is well behind the Stormtrooper now.  After a split-second the comlink crackles to life with a transmission, "Bravo Two-Seven, 2-4-6-8, we have one female Arkanian in custody, and we found our package in the sickbay, over.".  Stormtrooper 27 nods as he replies, "Copy, enroute with one crew member and the Lieutenant.  Standby."  Two key clicks seems to be a satisfying response as the Stormtrooper puts his comlink away and as much expression that can be relayed through the stoic mask of a Trooper looks to Mordun to continue on.
Hep Kresim
 player, 80 posts
 Beginnings
Sat 4 Feb 2017
at 08:02
Re: Spaceport Eriadu
In reply to GM (msg # 194):

Hep begins to wonder where the damn company rep is.  Hopefully the company rep can fix the situation before the shooting begins. What if the company would rather fire them than get them out of the mess? They have to flee for their lives, stealing a company ship in the process.  Exploring the outer rim in the youthful spirit of discovery was one thing, becoming an outlaw stealing for a living until you were killed or sent to the imperial cubes was another.  Did the empire even bother with the cubes for non-humans?  Did they just space non-human criminals? On Duros he was insulated from direct contact with imperial control, but now having gotten a taste of it, he was beginning to see the appeal of rebellion.  Clearly compliance didnt have that much benefit.
Mordun Tes
 player, 63 posts
Mon 6 Feb 2017
at 10:10
Re: Spaceport Eriadu
I'll carry on into the sick bay.
GM
 GM, 97 posts
 Game Master
 Big Dub...
Thu 9 Feb 2017
at 19:58
Re: Spaceport Eriadu
As Mordun leads the Stormtrooper Sergeant and the Imperial Officer to the sick bay, a scene unfolds with Aria on her knees and hands on her head with fingers interlocked at the moment.  One Stormtrooper is holding a blaster carbine to the back of her head, while the other is trying to check vitals on the Customs Officer still unconscious, and luckily for your sakes still breathing on the one sick bay bed.

The Imperial Officer seems to suddenly find some courage as he pushes past and moves to the bedside of the Customs Officer.  He mutters a curse under his breath before snapping his head at Mordun, "What happened here horny?"
Mordun Tes
 player, 65 posts
Fri 10 Feb 2017
at 11:58
Re: Spaceport Eriadu
Saccorian grain flies, sir. He's been bitten. They are non-fatal. He will recover just fine. We have sealed the hold and notified our employer, TAGGE Corp.  They are sending an agent who should be here soon. Can I help you move this man to your infirmary, sir?
GM
 GM, 98 posts
 Game Master
 Big Dub...
Fri 10 Feb 2017
at 21:20
Re: Spaceport Eriadu
The Imperial Officer's eyes narrow as if he didn't quite believe Mordun.  He turns to the Stormtrooper Sergeant, "Get the medical transport here.  And tell command we've got the Moff's nephew."  Turning to look at Mordun and Aria he adds, "And arrest these creatures." with an emphasis of disdain on the word 'creatures.'
Hep Kresim
 player, 82 posts
 Beginnings
Sun 12 Feb 2017
at 06:09
Re: Spaceport Eriadu
In reply to GM (msg # 199):

OOC: Hmmm a Moff's nephew eh?  Sounds like a good way to bring the entire empire down on us...would the rebels want him?
Hep Kresim
 player, 84 posts
 Beginnings
Sun 12 Feb 2017
at 21:07
Re: Spaceport Eriadu
In reply to Hep Kresim (msg # 200):

OOC: So what is the trooper closest to me doing now?  Russ, it's time to get the party started.
GM
 GM, 101 posts
 Game Master
 Big Dub...
Mon 13 Feb 2017
at 04:18
Re: Spaceport Eriadu
The Stormtrooper Sergeant gets on the comlink, "Trooper 636, arrest the green one."  Just as one Stormtrooper takes out some binders and begins reaching for Aria's hands on top of her head, while the other takes out binders and looks at Mordun with a second of hesitation.

Stormtrooper 636 standing watch over Hep perks up as he receives an incoming transmission ~"Trooper 636, arrest the green one."~ and takes out a set of binders and commands, "Hands on your head greeny!"

OOC:  Remember, Hep wouldn't know exactly what was said inside the ship, but I've just given Hep an indication of what is about to happen, Hep just doesn't know why...

If you want to try something, roll initiative.

Hep Kresim
 player, 85 posts
 Beginnings
Mon 13 Feb 2017
at 06:40
Re: Spaceport Eriadu
In reply to GM (msg # 202):

OOC: Do I need an initiative roll to attempt a deception?
GM
 GM, 102 posts
 Game Master
 Big Dub...
Mon 13 Feb 2017
at 09:53
Re: Spaceport Eriadu
In reply to Hep Kresim (msg # 203):

OOC: Nope, I suppose not.  Go ahead and roll, and give the text of it.
Hep Kresim
 player, 86 posts
 Beginnings
Mon 13 Feb 2017
at 10:40
Re: Spaceport Eriadu
In reply to GM (msg # 204):

12:22, Today: Hep Kresim rolled 13 using 1d20 ((13)).
13 + 10 Deception Skill = 23

Hep looking past the guard and doing his best seem relieved and as if the situation has changed dramitically in his favor says with a devil may care smirk "Why don't you tell that to the wookie behind you."
OOC: Gig is up I guess I have to roll initiative now....Im not going back to jail.

12:35, Today: Hep Kresim rolled 19 using 1d20.  Hep rolls initiative.
19 + 11 Initiative skill = 30
GM
 GM, 103 posts
 Game Master
 Big Dub...
Mon 13 Feb 2017
at 16:40
Re: Spaceport Eriadu
Hep Kresim:
Hep looking past the guard and doing his best seem relieved and as if the situation has changed dramitically in his favor says with a devil may care smirk "Why don't you tell that to the wookie behind you."

The Stormtrooper seems to hesitate, as if deciding to believe you or not.  Recruiting good Stormtroopers must be hard these days, as this one perhaps out of an abundance of caution actually falls for the ruse and turns to look behind him.

OOC:  You're lucky he rolled low, but you got him.  Now declare your surprise round action.
Hep Kresim
 player, 87 posts
 Beginnings
Mon 13 Feb 2017
at 17:31
Re: Spaceport Eriadu
In reply to GM (msg # 206):

OOC: AHAHAHA...Man, better lucky than good...
Hep almost unable to believe such an outrageously simple ruse worked, draws and shoots his heavy blaster pistol...
OOC: I'm going to use a force point for this, just declaring it before I roll...

19:21, Today: Hep Kresim rolled 16 using 1d20.  Hep rolls for surprize attack on trooper.
9:23, Today: Hep Kresim rolled 2 using 1d6.  Hep force point roll for surprize attack on Trooper.
 Nat 16 + Force 2 + Tab 5 + Point Blank Feat +1 = 24

If its a hit damage roll is
19:30, Today: Hep Kresim rolled 3 using 1d8. + 1 Point Blank Feat Damage.= 4.

OOC: Do I get a second attack for surprise?

This message was last edited by the player at 18:44, Mon 13 Feb 2017.

GM
 GM, 104 posts
 Game Master
 Big Dub...
Mon 13 Feb 2017
at 20:36
Re: Spaceport Eriadu
Just as the apparently easily fooled Stormtrooper realizes he was just played by one of the oldest tricks in the book he starts to turn back, and catches a blaster bolt in the armpit between some of the more protective parts of the Stormtrooper armor.  He lets out a yelp of surprise and pain, "Aaah!" as he stumbles back, falling down sprawled out.

OOC: Let's give Mordun/Russ a chance to roll initiative and declare actions before we move into the regular round.  Or he may just allow himself to be handcuffed...

EDIT:  Got the damage dice right, and it was actually a killing shot by Hep on the ST...

This message was last edited by the GM at 00:20, Thu 16 Feb 2017.

Mordun Tes
 player, 66 posts
Tue 14 Feb 2017
at 05:46
Re: Spaceport Eriadu
Mordun's fuzzy - and unfortunately very short -  foresight gives him a feeling that things are unfolding poorly for his friend Hep in the instant before he hears the muffled blaster shot from outside the ship. Hoping to gain some advantage by pushing a fast and forceful offense, Mordun draws his heavy blaster pistol and fires at the nearest stormtrooper while trying to maneuver to put the officer between us and me closer to the door.

Initiative Roll
07:34, Today: Mordun Tes rolled 24 using 1d20+9.  Initiative.

Shot at Stormtrooper:

07:43, Today: Mordun Tes rolled 22 using 1d20+4.  Shot at stormtrooper.

I am definitely keen to use a force point here:

07:44, Today: Mordun Tes rolled 3 using 1d6.  Use of Force Point to add to shot at stormtrooper.

OOC: So, I think that's a 25 to hit this guy but I'm not entirely sure about what modifiers I can use. I have a ranged attack bonus of +4, which I added to the roll. Do I add dexterity? If so, that's a +4.

Hep Kresim
 player, 88 posts
 Beginnings
Tue 14 Feb 2017
at 07:55
Re: Spaceport Eriadu
In reply to Mordun Tes (msg # 209):

OOC: The book says 1 force point per round, are we playing that rule? And it's only 1 force point at a time correct?
GM
 GM, 107 posts
 Game Master
 Big Dub...
Tue 14 Feb 2017
at 22:05
Re: Spaceport Eriadu
Perhaps it's the long working relationship and friendship shared between Mordun and Hep, perhaps it's the Force, if you believe in that sort of thing, or the natural precog abilities of Mordun's race.  Whatever it was, somehow Mordun felt something, like an unspoken message just before hearing the muffled blaster shot.  Mordun knew it was time to take action.

Drawing his blaster with practiced ease, Mordun made a close combat shot from the hip.  In the close quarters of the ship passageway it was near impossible to miss.  There was a momentary flash of blue as the blaster bolt shot out at point blank range into the Stormtrooper Sergeant's chest before he could do anything.  He seemed to be stunned as he fell back against the passageway doorway.

OOC:  Your shot hits, I figured you would go for the tactical head of the snake and shot the Sergeant (as there are two troopers next to you).  Mordun, there is a group 3 game map that only you can see currently laying out the positions of friendly and foe.  There is also the currently incapacitated customs officer on the sick bay bed.

In game terms, the ST Sgt is not dead, but he took a pretty good hit.

This message was last edited by the GM at 00:02, Thu 16 Feb 2017.

Mordun Tes
 player, 67 posts
Wed 15 Feb 2017
at 13:55
Re: Spaceport Eriadu
OOC: I was going for the Iktotchi's limited ability for precognition here: "Mordun's fuzzy - and unfortunately very short -  foresight gives him a feeling that things are unfolding poorly for his friend Hep in the instant before he hears the muffled blaster shot from outside the ship."

It's a cool feature of this race and is what makes them great pilots.

Blaster damage (it's d8, right?):
15:54, Today: Mordun Tes rolled 5 using 1d8.

Mordun Tes
 player, 68 posts
Thu 16 Feb 2017
at 11:56
Re: Spaceport Eriadu



As initiative allows, I would like to try to shoot at #2 while backing past the downed SGT in hopes of getting some cover by the doorway into the main hold (location #3 on the map). Unless it looks like SGT is still in the fight in which case I'll target him on my way by.