Core City.   Posted by Narrator.Group: 0
Django Blint
 player, 200 posts
 Human
 Gunslinger
Sat 4 Feb 2017
at 01:58
Core City
Django sends the info to Darym, and heads back to his vantage point to wait.

This message was last edited by the player at 20:36, Sat 04 Feb 2017.

Darym Jarko
Sat 4 Feb 2017
at 22:35
Core City
Twenty three mintues later, Darym Jarko arrives at the appointed place.  He looks nervous and is scanning the area rapidly like he doesn't want to be there.
Django Blint
 player, 201 posts
 Human
 Gunslinger
Tue 7 Feb 2017
at 03:58
Core City
Seeing Darym show up, Django continues his datapad messaging. He doesn't approach Darym directly, so as to not draw suspicion from any potential eyes roaming around.

Auxiliary vent to your right. Slice it, get it open, and clear out. Do this, we're square.
Darym Jarko
Tue 7 Feb 2017
at 12:55
Core City
Daryn looks down at his communicator after it beeps.  He reads the message, then does something fairly extensive to his communitcator.  After a few minutes, he puts it away and runs his hands through his thinning hair as he scans around for the vent.  Instead of heading for it, he moves away down the street and turns the corner.  A moment later, Django's communicator beeps.

Not sure what you've gotten yourself into, Marshall, but there are at least eight pairs of eyes on that grate right now.  I touch it, I'm back in the slammer.  You sure I can't open a different grate for you?  If its this building you need into, I can help you find another way in.  I'm not slicing that lock, though.
Django Blint
 player, 202 posts
 Human
 Gunslinger
Tue 7 Feb 2017
at 21:18
Core City
You're the subject matter expert. Get me in there. I don't tell you why, and as far as I'm concerned, you were never here.
Darym Jarko
Wed 8 Feb 2017
at 12:43
Core City
The slicer doesn't look around any more, just takes off down the street away from the vent.  He twists and turns through the busy streets until he arrives at a back alley filled with steam and litter.  Without waiting, he removes a large circular grate over by the wall of some older building and drops down.  The hole is hidden from the main thoroughfare behind several large trash receptacles and piles of garbage that have largely turned into mulch.
Django Blint
 player, 203 posts
 Human
 Gunslinger
Fri 10 Feb 2017
at 12:20
Core City
Django leans against the wall outside of the alleyway and waits for Darym to finish his work.
Darym Jarko
Fri 10 Feb 2017
at 12:45
Core City
Darym pulls the grate up and motions Django down inside.  Once inside, he squats down in the muck, covering his mouth and nose with his shirt.  The smell is bearable, but it isn't pretty.  "Blint, I don't know what you are mixed up in and I don't want to.  These access tunnels are for infrastructure and lead right under the building you're trying to get into.  I checked the plans for the area registered with the city.  There's a data trunk located at the center of this warren.  Now, there's no access there, if data is what you're after, but the coolant system has an access hatch that doesn't do well with digital security stuff.  It's a physical lock, which means it doesn't have any alert system attached to it.  If you can get it open, you can get inside the inner computer core without being seen."  His whispered voice is raspy, an injury from his less law-abiding days.

He hesitates for a moment indicating there is something more.  After a few seconds, he shakes his head.  "I'm not gonna lie, Django.  There are security measures down here meant to compensate for the weakness in the entry security.  There are some robots down here that are old, like ruin-hunter grade.  They are smart, like us.  I don't know about their strength or armament, but from what I hear tell, they are more than sufficient to keep most thugs out.  You better have a reason worth dying for in here.  Otherwise...I'd pass."

He looks down the tunnel and then up at the hole before looking back at Django.  "We square?"
Django Blint
 player, 204 posts
 Human
 Gunslinger
Fri 10 Feb 2017
at 23:20
Core City
"Yeah, we're square. Thanks fer the help, and thanks fer the info. Keep yer nose clean out there, will ya".
Darym Jarko
Mon 13 Feb 2017
at 01:19
Core City
The slicer nods and is gone leaving Django down in the stench and darkness of the sewer.

Django is at a T-branch.  There is a wide path straight ahead with dry walkways a meter above the sludge sitting in the channel in between.  The two branches left and right have two walkways as well, but they are only a few centimeters above the sludge.  There is a ladder leading up to the higher walkways.  There are no lights to speak of.
Django Blint
 player, 205 posts
 Human
 Gunslinger
Tue 14 Feb 2017
at 01:37
Core City
Using his lantern, Django lights his path, and decides to check a ways down the left path first. He has his energy pistol drawn in his main hand and carries the lantern in his off. He steps cautiously, taking care to try and make no sound as he uses the walkway rather than trudge and wade through muck.

Stealth - take 10

This message was last edited by the player at 01:38, Tue 14 Feb 2017.

Narrator
 GM, 71 posts
Tue 14 Feb 2017
at 13:04
Core City
The passageway to the left continues on for some time.  It looks like it probably leads out into the rest of the city.  You do manage to sneak up on some vermin, which squeak and run off in the light.
Django Blint
 player, 206 posts
 Human
 Gunslinger
Tue 14 Feb 2017
at 13:42
Core City
Django decides to head back.to the "T" section and explore the right branch, moving in the same fashion.
Narrator
 GM, 72 posts
Tue 14 Feb 2017
at 14:03
Core City
The right branch follows the flow of the slush from both other directions.  It travels for a bit then abruptly takes a shallow angle down as far as Django's torch illuminates.  It isn't that slick up this high.  The water in the channel flows faster, but it's being fed by two sources so the increased speed is only compensating for the double volume.  There is a faint, constant hiss coming from below.
Django Blint
 player, 207 posts
 Human
 Gunslinger
Tue 14 Feb 2017
at 14:18
Core City
Django continues forward to investigate the source of the hiss.
Narrator
 GM, 73 posts
Tue 14 Feb 2017
at 17:24
Core City
As the corridor continues it's downward slant, the permacrete grows more and more slippery with whatever algae-like substance grows down here.  [Balance check DC 14 or fall and slide to the bottom.]
Django Blint
 player, 208 posts
 Human
 Gunslinger
Tue 14 Feb 2017
at 17:51
Core City
As Django starts to slip he holds his arms out for balance and crouches slightly to lower his center of gravity.

12:49, Today: Django Blint rolled 14 using 1d20+3.  Balance check
Narrator
 GM, 74 posts
Wed 15 Feb 2017
at 12:45
Core City
As Django makes his way down the slope, it grows ever more slippery.  However, aware of the issue, Django is able to brace himself for the descent.  At the bottom of the ramp, the walkway levels out to a platform that overlooks a central repository chamber.  The channel of sewer water pours over several waterfalls, which is what produces the hiss.  There are many ways out of here and ladders all over.
Django Blint
 player, 209 posts
 Human
 Gunslinger
Wed 15 Feb 2017
at 21:02
Core City
Django begins to search around and see if any of the ladders have placards, or if any kind of map is available.
Narrator
 GM, 75 posts
Wed 15 Feb 2017
at 21:22
Core City
Most maps would be digital these days.  However, there are some small placards above each of the major tunnels.  They all lead to other parts of the city.  The tunnel/ramp Django came from is labeled 'Core City Repository'.
Django Blint
 player, 210 posts
 Human
 Gunslinger
Wed 15 Feb 2017
at 21:43
Core City
Django , reading the placards, backtracks up the ramp to try and find a way further up and in to the warehouse.

This message was last edited by the player at 22:54, Wed 15 Feb 2017.

Narrator
 GM, 76 posts
Thu 16 Feb 2017
at 01:33
Core City
The only way left is the center path.  Getting across is not a problem since Django wisely took the far walkway up.  Turned out to be less slippery, too.  He climbs a short ladder to the upper walkway.  The rats here are nothing compared to the ruins.  They scurry away from the scant light.

[GM:  Roll spot.]
Django Blint
 player, 211 posts
 Human
 Gunslinger
Thu 16 Feb 2017
at 01:51
Core City
Django continues to looks around.

20:50, Today: Django Blint rolled 17 using 1d20+6.  Spot Check.
Narrator
 GM, 77 posts
Thu 16 Feb 2017
at 03:01
Core City
Here the walls seem cleaner, the area well kept.  It is the cleanliness that gives the trap away.  Dust might have covered the scratch marks on the permacrete, but they stick out, plain as day.  It seems that two of the permacrete plates in the opposing walls slide out, perhaps to knock things in the water, perhaps to squish them between opposing plates first.  There is no visible pressure plate so there must be some kind of sensor array hidden in the passageway.

You could attempt to do a forward roll past the location [Tumble check: DC 15] or attempt to search for the sensor array and fiddle with it to make it past [Search check: DC 20].  Or there is always another way given enough time.
Django Blint
 player, 212 posts
 Human
 Gunslinger
Thu 16 Feb 2017
at 03:10
Core City
Not feeling very spry, Django opts to sniff out sensor array.

22:08, Today: Django Blint rolled 26 using 1d20+8.  Search Check.

It doesn't take him long to find his target.