Core City.   Posted by Narrator.Group: 0
Narrator
 GM, 78 posts
Thu 16 Feb 2017
at 14:15
Core City
The system is not complicated, but there is an issue with its newness.  There is a communication stream that records whenever the trap is activated and also likely when it is disabled.  Even if Django were to cut the power, a signal would be sent to the rest of the system to that effect.

Another search reveals a camera on the far side.  It has not seen Django yet, but it would record him getting smacked by the trap or even rolling past it IF the trap activated.

The water below doesn't seem to be having any affect on the motion sensors or whatever sets off the wall trap.
Django Blint
 player, 213 posts
 Human
 Gunslinger
Thu 16 Feb 2017
at 14:21
Core City
Assessing the situation and weighing his options, Django looks down at the murky waste waters. "Poodoo..." he says aloud. He begins looking around for a way down that doesn't involve jumping. Going back down to the T branch, he finds a ladder leading down. He sighs heavily and descends down in to the cold and foul smelling stream.

This message was last edited by the player at 17:55, Thu 16 Feb 2017.

Narrator
 GM, 79 posts
Fri 17 Feb 2017
at 02:18
Core City
Django makes his way past the trap.  For a good fifteen minutes, he follows the channel with high walls on either side.  Through twists and turns and branches he makes various decisions, hoping it will lead him to his goal.

Then the high walls lower and he can step out onto permacreet again.  There is a wide room with a huge cylinder in the center.  The cylinder is covered in pipes, hoses, and wires.  The room is cold and wisps of frost occasionally puff from the column.

Experience says to look around before leaving the poodoo.
Django Blint
 player, 214 posts
 Human
 Gunslinger
Fri 17 Feb 2017
at 23:15
Core City
Django pauses and takes a keen inventory of his surroundings without leaving the waters.

18:14, Today: Django Blint rolled 24 using 1d20+8.  Search Check.
Narrator
 GM, 82 posts
Sun 19 Feb 2017
at 03:22
Core City
There is a series of infrared trip lasers scattered about the room, including across Django's path out of the sludge onto the floor.  Another reaches across both walkways to either side of the lawman.  The only reason he saw them at all was because he saw this before and the familiarity drew his attention when he stopped to gauge his path forward.

While Django assess the trip laser, there is a soft 'tink-tink' that comes from another hallway leading out of this larger room.  That hallway does not look like a sewer access.  The 'tink-tink' is getting louder as if something - or someone - is approaching on two legs.
Django Blint
 player, 215 posts
 Human
 Gunslinger
Sun 19 Feb 2017
at 05:00
Core City
As the tinking sound draws nearer, and suspecting one of the guard bots Darym warned about, Django crouches low in the water and dims the bullseye sight on his lantern. He readies his pistol and uses his low stature to duck under the infrared emitter. He makes his way as quietly as he can muster towards the central column, in an attempt to use it to hide behind.
Narrator
 GM, 85 posts
Sun 19 Feb 2017
at 15:14
Core City
The sound approaches from the hallway then suddenly stops.  There is a soft whirring.  Stop.  Whir.  Stop.  Whir.

The sound continues, approaching the sewer canal.  It is, in fact, the sentry robot.  At the moment, its back is turned to Django.
Django Blint
 player, 216 posts
 Human
 Gunslinger
Tue 21 Feb 2017
at 17:33
Core City
Django gets an idea, and comes out from behind the pillar. He let's the water slosh a bit around him, not trying to keep quite. He yells out "Freeze! Core Marshalls!. He holds his gun up, but not pointed directly at the droid.
Sentry Robot
Tue 21 Feb 2017
at 19:33
Core City
The robot whirls around, guns active, but it does not fire.  "Confirm identity."

This message was last edited by the GM at 19:33, Tue 21 Feb 2017.

Django Blint
 player, 217 posts
 Human
 Gunslinger
Tue 21 Feb 2017
at 21:50
Core City
"Django Blint, Core Marshall 07th Class. I'm tracking a fugitive named Skye Walker. My last known intel placed her in this area. The fact that this place was sliced right in to tells me I'm on the right track. Now you identify yourself, I don't have time for this".
Sentry Robot
Wed 22 Feb 2017
at 04:31
Core City
The robot whirs in thought for a moment, then all of its weapons return to standby.  "Officer Blint.  This is unit is designated as SR-47.  How may I assist you?"
Django Blint
 player, 218 posts
 Human
 Gunslinger
Wed 22 Feb 2017
at 20:01
Core City
"Well SR-47, you can start be leading me towards the data warehouse. That's Walker's target, and I have a plan to put a stop to her".
SR-47
Wed 22 Feb 2017
at 22:32
Core City
SR-47 whirrs in thought again, perfectly still.  "Certainly, Officer Blint.  You are directly beneath it now.  This trunk is the main data trunk and coolant system.  Please follow me."  The robot turns without waiting and moves back down the hallway it first emerged from.

Around one corner it reaches a heavily sealed and armored door.  It raises its arm, which opens up at the hand.  A custom data jack extends and locks with the port in the door.  It twists back and forth as the right code is inserted.  The amount it takes to enter is longer than any Django has experienced.  Five minutes tick by with the robot still rotating the security node.
Django Blint
 player, 219 posts
 Human
 Gunslinger
Wed 22 Feb 2017
at 22:57
Core City
"You havin' problems or something?"
SR-47
Wed 22 Feb 2017
at 23:14
Core City
"Judging by the lack of other possible targets for your query, it is 87% likely your query is directed at SR-47.  In that event, the answer is that this encryption is four-dimensional terraflop encryption.  Time is part of the encryption.  Though I am capable of processing the three-dimensional aspects much faster than this, I must also enter the security code at the precise time.  I cannot estimate the amount of time left because-"

The rotating stops and the code jack retracts.  "The sequence is complete.  Please follow me."  True to his word, the door slides up into the ceiling and SR-47 clanks through.  Immediately he climbs a stairway that switches back on itself four times before reaching another door.  Once again he extends his jack.  As the rotating interface begins to move, the door below hisses shut with an ominous thunk.
Django Blint
 player, 220 posts
 Human
 Gunslinger
Thu 23 Feb 2017
at 04:10
Core City
"This another one a' them 4D doors?".
SR-47
Thu 23 Feb 2017
at 19:34
Core City
By way of answer, the robot opens the door.  It turns to Django.  "Is your destination the primary computer core room itself, or just the general zone?"
Django Blint
 player, 221 posts
 Human
 Gunslinger
Thu 23 Feb 2017
at 22:46
Core City
"Yeah, the primary core room. As my side objective from apprehending Walker, I have some secur'dy protocols I need to put in place to keep her out".
SR-47
Fri 24 Feb 2017
at 13:08
Core City
The robot rotates to face Django.  "Officer Blint, you are not cleared for access to the core room itself."
Django Blint
 player, 222 posts
 Human
 Gunslinger
Fri 24 Feb 2017
at 21:19
Core City
Django sighs in an exaggerated way. "Look droid, ya get me as close to there as possible then. I'll figure out how to stop Walker when we're where ever that is. I'll do what I gotta do to gain temporary clearance as well. I ain't about to be held back from doin' my job".
SR-47
Fri 24 Feb 2017
at 22:41
Core City
The robot's head swivels back and forth as if searching the room with it's optic sensors.  "Query.  What is a droid?"
Django Blint
 player, 223 posts
 Human
 Gunslinger
Fri 24 Feb 2017
at 22:47
Core City
"Old fashioned word for robot. Let's get moving.".
SR-47
Mon 27 Feb 2017
at 14:44
Core City
"I will update my vocabulary file."

SR-47 leads Django down the hall to a heavy door with the 'tink - tink' of its walk echoing down the mainly empty corridors.  It looks like it could take a serious beating.  There is a code box on front of it with biometric scanning interface.  "I must return to my duties below, Officer Blint.  Please apprehend the criminal as swiftly as possible."  The robot rotates and tinks its way back toward the sewer access.

The door has a sign on it:  Core Primary Data Trunk

Below that it has the customary: No Unauthorized Personell
Django Blint
 player, 224 posts
 Human
 Gunslinger
Tue 28 Feb 2017
at 13:12
Core City
Django studies the door for a moment and looks around to see if any prying eyes or cameras are about.

This message was last edited by the player at 13:12, Tue 28 Feb 2017.

Narrator
 GM, 95 posts
Tue 28 Feb 2017
at 16:05
Core City
There are several cameras in the hallway recording multiple angles.  The door is bulky and could survive a pretty intense blast.  There is a data-jack interface for robots as well as biometric scanners for eyes and hands as well as a slot for an ID card.  It is likely that the robot interface is different than the others, but the others are probably used in tandem.

There are no humans around at the moment.