Mechis III.   Posted by Narrator.Group: 0
GDI-7X
 NPC, 8 posts
 Droid
 Sentry
Mon 15 Jan 2018
at 20:39
Mechis III - Local Space
"Does this mean I get to do something?"
Django Blint
 player, 425 posts
 Human
 Gunslinger
Mon 15 Jan 2018
at 21:58
Mechis III - Local Space
"If by doin' something you mean blowing up an enemy scout to smithereens, then yup. We got just the job for ya"
Tump
 player, 454 posts
 Relic Hunter
Tue 16 Jan 2018
at 00:31
Mechis III - Local Space
"Got it."

The X-Wing banks hard to the right and begins making its way toward the leftmost station of the two.
Narrator
 GM, 177 posts
Tue 16 Jan 2018
at 03:06
Mechis III - Local Space
Each ship heads to its designated location and shuts down all unnecessary systems.  Only passive sensors are used, which will tell of something actively scans.  Even the droids go into standby mode and are unable to communicate.

Time seems to crawl past, but no one breaks the silence.

Then a wave of electromagnetic signal, a patterned set of waves that is distinct from the background noise of the stellar system, registers on the passive sensors.  Still, the group waits to see what has come.

What they see is something akin to a small cargo container surrounded by bent solar panels.  A ball-like cockpit sits below the cargo container.  Thick triangular pylons connect the cockpit to the solar panels.  Two blasters of a size with Inarra's A-wing's guns protrude slightly from the front.  No other weapons appear anywhere on the hull that can be seen visually.  As the thing passes Tump and Inarra, closer to X-wing's position than the A-wing, two small engine ports just from the back of the ball cockpit below the cargo container-like back.
Django Blint
 player, 426 posts
 Human
 Gunslinger
Sat 20 Jan 2018
at 16:05
Mechis III - Local Space
Over everyone's coms, comes the voice of Django. "You have the green light. Engage. Shoot to kill".

He waits for about 10 seconds and begins the process of starting the engines and systems of the Falcon back up.
X-Wing
 ship, 17 posts
 Starfighter
Sat 20 Jan 2018
at 16:18
Mechis III - Local Space
On cue, Tump fires up the engine and breaks from his hiding place. The X-Wing pulls in behind the scout and lines up the shot.
A-Wing
 NPC, 13 posts
 Ship
 Starfighter
Sun 21 Jan 2018
at 03:38
Mechis III - Local Space
Inarra explodes out of her hiding place as well, closing the distance between herself and the scout ship in a few seconds.  "I'm not registering shields.  Lighting it up in 3 ticks."

This message was last edited by the player at 04:03, Sun 21 Jan 2018.

B-Wing
 NPC, 14 posts
 Starfighter
Sun 21 Jan 2018
at 04:02
Mechis III - Local Space
"Long-range communication jammer functioning from the planet.  I'm not detecting any life on that thing."  Vyctor is slow to accelerate out of hiding and he does not lock his strike foils.  "Switching to ion cannons only."
Millennium Falcon
 ship, 11 posts
 Light Freighter
Sun 21 Jan 2018
at 23:06
Mechis III - Local Space
The Falcon speeds out of its perch. "GDI, let me know when you're in range. Check your fire, we don't need any collateral on a team mate".
Scout Battle - R1P1
Mon 22 Jan 2018
at 01:26
Mechis III - Local Space
At the appearance of the four craft, the scout does not immediately do anything.  Instead, it continues its vector, ignoring them.  However, there is a sharp spike in EM frequencies from the ship as it tries to communicate through the jamming.

Initiatives
Tump   - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Inarra - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Vyctor - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Django - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

TIE/sn - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12  (??)
All ships are in CASE 2.
All actions in the same phase are simultaneous (as best as we can manage).
X-Wing
 ship, 18 posts
 Starfighter
Mon 22 Jan 2018
at 03:30
Mechis III - Local Space
"We got a live one now. Light 'im up!"

Tump attempts to gain position on the scout.

21:28, Today: Tump rolled 24 using 1d20+8.  Piloting Roll R1P1.

Django Blint
 player, 427 posts
 Human
 Gunslinger
Mon 22 Jan 2018
at 23:28
Mechis III - Local Space
Django maintains a heading to pass over the top of the scout and give GDI a clear shot.
A-Wing
 NPC, 14 posts
 Ship
 Starfighter
Tue 23 Jan 2018
at 00:15
Mechis III - Local Space
Inarra swings down below the scout ship as Django goes high.  The three of them are set up to blast the thing out of the sky.

19:12, Today: Inarra rolled 22 using 1d20+5.  Piloting - A-wing vs TIE/sn.
B-Wing
 NPC, 15 posts
 Starfighter
Tue 23 Jan 2018
at 00:17
Mechis III - Local Space
"No, not THAT way!"  Vyctor somehow got his rudders backward and heads off at a 90 degree angle to the target.  Fortunately, it does not turn and follow him.

19:13, Today: Vyctor Kerr rolled 11 using 1d20+5.  Piloting - B-Wing vs TIE/sn.
GDI-7X
 NPC, 9 posts
 Droid
 Sentry
Tue 23 Jan 2018
at 00:19
Mechis III - Local Space
"Sir.  It is droid piloted and seems to be programmed not to fight.  Are you sure you want me to...'blow it out of the sky'?"  The hexcannon is locked on and ready to fire, a singular salvo will probably take it out since it has no shields.
X-Wing
 ship, 19 posts
 Starfighter
Tue 23 Jan 2018
at 01:21
Mechis III - Local Space
"If its comms are still jammed, maybe we could slice it and find out what it knows."

This message was last edited by the player at 04:47, Tue 23 Jan 2018.

A-Wing
 NPC, 15 posts
 Ship
 Starfighter
Wed 24 Jan 2018
at 13:04
Mechis III - Local Space
Inarra swings around behind the curiously unreactive scout ship and opens fire.  She targets the ships engines and places such a precise shot that one of the two is completely severed from the ship.  The other goes dark and the ship is adrift in a slow rotation about its transverse axis.  "Woohoo!  Got him!"

07:57, Today: Inarra rolled 20 using 1d20+5.  Targeting - Called Shot.
07:58, Today: Inarra rolled 25 using 1d20+5.  Targeting - Called Shot.
07:59, Today: Inarra rolled 18 using 1d20+5.  Crit Confirm.
07:59, Today: Inarra rolled 28 using 4d6+4d6, damage vs. scout engine systems.

Millennium Falcon
 ship, 12 posts
 Light Freighter
Wed 24 Jan 2018
at 14:03
Mechis III - Local Space
As the Falcon closes in on the drone, Django responds to GDI over the coms. "No, hold off on that GDI. Somethin' doesn't feel right about all this. Tump and Innara, take out that other engine and slice it. Vyc, wave off, patrol the outter perimeter of the engagement zone with me"

Django alters his course to begin a wide orbit above the drone and agile fighter craft.
Narrator
 GM, 178 posts
Sun 4 Feb 2018
at 01:50
Mechis III - Local Space
Inarra takes out the other engine with precision leaving the scout adrift.

Vyctor breaks off and begins a high altitude rapid orbit using the planet's gravity to conserve fuel.
Django Blint
 player, 428 posts
 Human
 Gunslinger
Mon 5 Feb 2018
at 22:01
Mechis III - Local Space
"If ya can't manage to crack in to it and tinker with its brain, we'll have to go ahead and destroy it sooner rather than later. Either way, be quick. No telling if anything else is on the way, and no telling what kind of information that thing is relaying back to where it came from. Vyc, seeing anything on your sensors?".

This message was last edited by the player at 22:01, Mon 05 Feb 2018.

Tump
 player, 455 posts
 Relic Hunter
Tue 6 Feb 2018
at 01:01
Mechis III - Local Space
A heavy sighs chimes in over comms. "Well, unless one of y'all has some sort of anti-gravity environment suit, we're gunna need to tow this scout in and slice it from the surface."
Vyctor Kerr
 NPC, 50 posts
 Human
 Relic Hunter
Tue 6 Feb 2018
at 02:03
Mechis III - Local Space
"Nothing that would cause me any alarm, Captain.  Just the regular debris and the readings from the planet.  Do you think maybe we lucked out and their arrogance offered us up a boon?"
Irin Adson
 NPC, 76 posts
 Human
 Relic Hunter
Tue 6 Feb 2018
at 02:08
Mechis III - Local Space
"Django, the Falcon has this device called a 'tractor beam'.  I was just reading up on it on the way here from Core.  It can tow the craft down to the planet pretty safe without having to risk anyone outside our ships."  She taps on the console and the schematics appear in front of Django on his own screen.  The towing capacity is at least twice the Falcon's mass.  It uses something called a dual-graviton interference exchange.
Tump
 player, 456 posts
 Relic Hunter
Tue 6 Feb 2018
at 13:50
Mechis III - Local Space
"Sounds like a good idea. Let's tractor that thing in and find a safe place to ground it."
Millennium Falcon
 ship, 13 posts
 Light Freighter
Tue 6 Feb 2018
at 21:51
Mechis III - Local Space
"On it. Vyc, keep at it. Tump and Innara, break off from the wreck and fan out a bit. Irin, guide me. How close and what speed or angle".

The Falcon breaks from its slow orbit of the scout and creeps towards the disabled craft.

"Give it one more scan down for signs of life as well. It looks like it has a place for a pilot. GDI, keep your weapons trained on the thing if and when you can".