Coruscant.   Posted by Narrator.Group: 0
Django Blint
 player, 492 posts
 Human
 Gunslinger
Mon 9 Apr 2018
at 02:08
Coruscant
"Two days, tops. Took 16 hours to get here from the start, will take twice that if we end up going all the way back. Few extra hours to stop and scan along the way for any physical traces she left the jump and went elsewhere". Django turns to his co-pilot. "Irin, do we have any long range coms that could link to Innara? As well as to keep in touch with Vyc?".
Irin Adson
 NPC, 98 posts
 Human
 Relic Hunter
Mon 9 Apr 2018
at 02:13
Coruscant
Irin looks at her screen for a long moment.  After pressing several buttons, she rocks back slightly in surprise.  "I didn't think so, but there is something called 'the Holonet'.  Shall I tap into it?  I have a signal."
R10-AC
 NPC, 64 posts
 Astromech
Mon 9 Apr 2018
at 02:15
Coruscant
"No!"  So urgent is Ayce's message that he comes across the voice comm in addition to the screens.  "If that system is still up, then it is under the control of the Star Demons.  You will alert them to our existence beyond what Vexember has already told them.  We are not ready to use the Holonet, certainly not ready to hack the most complex digital system in the galaxy."
Irin Adson
 NPC, 99 posts
 Human
 Relic Hunter
Mon 9 Apr 2018
at 02:18
Coruscant
Irin taps a few more buttons.  "Um.  Then the answer would be 'no'.  Longest range we can manage without the Holonet is a local star system diameter, or message drones.  We only have two on the Falcon."

[Tump will find 1 on the X-wing's manifest.  Vyctor has three.]
Tump
 player, 506 posts
 Relic Hunter
Mon 9 Apr 2018
at 13:43
Coruscant
"I've gone one onboard here as well. Let's sync them up to provide as much optimal coverage as possible."
R10-AC
 NPC, 65 posts
 Astromech
Tue 10 Apr 2018
at 11:27
Coruscant
"Captain, let me remind you also, you only have enough fuel for two more jumps.  Mechis III is the only port we know of where we can refuel.  It ain't certain if the planet will charge us or not, and, we just left there after dealing with a Star Demon scout.  Mechis III may be too 'hot' to return to."  Ayce still speaks over the comms using Captain Solo's voice.  He is able to fill the voice with all the doubt and instinct the old captain had, simulated of course.
Tump
 player, 507 posts
 Relic Hunter
Tue 10 Apr 2018
at 13:34
Coruscant
Tump slams a closed fist down onto the console in front of him. "We can't just leave her out there. What else do you suggest?"

The tension and frustration in his voice is obvious and slightly out of character for the quiet rogue.
Irin Adson
 NPC, 100 posts
 Human
 Relic Hunter
Tue 10 Apr 2018
at 15:35
Coruscant
Irin's hesitant voice comes across the comm.  "What...what if she had a vision like we have and she is following it?  Maybe this - Force - or whatever is telling her to do what she is doing and she wasn't supposed to let us know.  I think maybe we are in this particular circumstance for a reason.  No data that I can fathom here says she didn't arrive here because of an accident.  Any accident that claimed her would have claimed us, too, right?"  She takes a deep breath.  "I know that kind of sounds silly, but...it feels right."
Django Blint
 player, 493 posts
 Human
 Gunslinger
Tue 10 Apr 2018
at 20:41
Coruscant
Django looks over at Irin, and then back down at his console. A loud, audible sigh comes in over the comms. "I hate to say it, but that sounds like about the most plausible explanation we've come up with yet".
Vyctor Kerr
 NPC, 66 posts
 Human
 Relic Hunter
Wed 11 Apr 2018
at 01:28
Coruscant
"What's it going to be, Captain?  We all going down to the planet or what?"  Vyctor's tone is careful, not pushy.  He is obviously unsure of all this talk of magic and the like.
Django Blint
 player, 494 posts
 Human
 Gunslinger
Wed 11 Apr 2018
at 02:27
Coruscant
"Everyone has good points. All well and valid. But I'm gonna have to say we press forward with the planet. All signs point to Innara venturing out on her own, and if we can reason there's a high probability in that, then pushing forward doesn't mean we're abandoning her".
Tump
 player, 508 posts
 Relic Hunter
Wed 11 Apr 2018
at 02:32
Coruscant
Tump tries to rub away the pain from slamming his fist into his console. "Each crystal seemed to all tell us a different place. Anyone happen to catch whether she mentioned one?"
Irin Adson
 NPC, 101 posts
 Human
 Relic Hunter
Thu 12 Apr 2018
at 11:37
Coruscant
"I don't recall that she did.  Touching hers was a pretty traumatic experience, or rather, being near the others until she touched her own.  There is no telling what she saw.  She said nothing and I felt nothing, er, mystical while she was going through that ordeal."
Vyctor Kerr
 NPC, 67 posts
 Human
 Relic Hunter
Thu 12 Apr 2018
at 11:37
Coruscant
"So, does this mean we are all going down to Coruscant?"  Vyctor's voice carries a hint of relief in it.
Django Blint
 player, 495 posts
 Human
 Gunslinger
Thu 12 Apr 2018
at 12:28
Coruscant
"Yeah. Ayce, carry on with scanning for a suitable landing place".
R10-AC
 NPC, 66 posts
 Astromech
Thu 12 Apr 2018
at 12:40
Coruscant
Already done, Captain.  There is a large ruins near what turns out to be the only natural mountain left on the planet.  It is flat enough to accommodate all our ships and then some.  It will provide shelter from the weather, though it will certainly be cold enough.  It is also only a few kilometers from that core shaft.

I have also continued an analysis of the system, and while there are no ships that I can detect through active scan, I still advise caution.  Ships in standby mode, droid piloted and passively scanning, may have already detected us.  There are too many unknowns to be definite about anything.  My recommendation is to send down the Falcon first and establish control of the LZ while the starfighters remain hidden here.  Give a window of several hours before the starfighters follow to make sure the Falcon does not draw out any attacks from hidden sentries.

Django Blint
 player, 496 posts
 Human
 Gunslinger
Fri 13 Apr 2018
at 12:30
Coruscant
Django begins to maneuver the Falcon towards the LZ. "Roger. Beginning descent. I'll keep in touch".
Tump
 player, 509 posts
 Relic Hunter
Sat 14 Apr 2018
at 23:02
Coruscant
"Copy that." Tump's taps on the console to heady a steady orbit. "Radio back when you're ready for the cavalry."

This message was last edited by the player at 23:19, Sat 14 Apr 2018.

Narrator
 GM, 217 posts
Sun 15 Apr 2018
at 04:33
Coruscant
The Falcon finds the landing zone.  Rough crosswinds buffet the vehicle as it shears through.  However, Django's determination and practice carry him safely to the ground without incidence.  Thankfully, the area he has found is within an old building of great size.  The roof is largely gone, but the walls are high and thick.  The back end of the building is the mountain itself.

Outside, the temperature is twenty below* standard.  There is an eerie moan as the wind passes overhead, but inside the building, the air is completely still.  Snow covers the ground, by the depth of the landing gear by about a foot.

There is heavy weather gear in the locker, enough for four people.  One fits Django fine, but Irin will be a bit swallowed by the smallest.

[*Standard temperature is metric.  We would call it Centigrade.]
Django Blint
 player, 497 posts
 Human
 Gunslinger
Sun 15 Apr 2018
at 21:15
Coruscant
"Irin, stay on the ship. Monitor for any signs of life near us on the surface if you can. I'm gonna head out and have a look around" he says, pulling the final zipper up on the heavy overcoat and removing his hat to pull up the fur lined hood. It's the first time his slicked back and jet black hair has been seen by any of the group save for Vyctor. A large scar runs lengthwise across his forehead. "Have the ship in standby mode to launch if things get hairy and I come back runnin'".
Irin Adson
 NPC, 102 posts
 Human
 Relic Hunter
Mon 16 Apr 2018
at 02:39
Coruscant
"Sure thing.  And Django?"  When he turns back toward her, she smiles.  "Be careful out there."

The ramp lowers and a blast of frigid air up into the ship makes Irin squeak involuntarily.  She waits till Django is safely on the ground before she raises the ramp.  "Captain, can you hear me?"  Signal good, Irin checks the short range scans around the ruins.

After a minute or so, she comes back on the comm.  "Uh, be careful, Captain.  There is something in this building that is doing funny things with my scanning equipment.  I am getting no life sign readings, but there is movement.  It might be an echo of yours, but it says there are three of them at the entrances to this area."

The landing zone within the ruins is simple enough.  The mountain behind and three walls to the south, east, and west.  Each wall has one door.  There is a second floor balcony area that overlooks the main room.  Many more doorways are scattered throughout those upper walls.

[Roll perception.]
Django Blint
 player, 498 posts
 Human
 Gunslinger
Mon 16 Apr 2018
at 17:12
Coruscant
Django cautiously creeps forward, his steps deliberate so as to not crunch the snow beneath his feet.

Perception take 10 = 26
Narrator
 GM, 218 posts
Tue 17 Apr 2018
at 15:32
Coruscant
As Django peers around in the snow and shadows, he sees a lump that isn't quite right.  It is too large and irregular to be an actual drift of snow.  As he continues to watch, it moves...ever so slightly.

It looks like something is about to attack.  The lump is somewhere in size around a mountain cat.

[You move in Phase 1 so you have initiative.]
Django Blint
 player, 499 posts
 Human
 Gunslinger
Tue 17 Apr 2018
at 17:15
Coruscant
Django steps into view, hand on his DL-44. He readies himself if whatever is in front of him is aggressive. "Show yourself" he calls out.

Ready attack/quick draw DL-44/draw 6 shooter in off hand
Coruscant Ice Wolf
 NPC, 1 post
 Beast
Wed 18 Apr 2018
at 01:44
Coruscant
Out of the snow bursts a large creature, much bigger than any wolf, but looking like one covered entirely in white fur.  It lunges toward Django, jaws open wide.

Django hears at least two more burst from the snow at 8 and 4 o'clock.