Cin'Ji's Cafe.   Posted by The Shadowbroker.Group: 0
The Shadowbroker
 GM, 2 posts
 GM
Tue 4 Oct 2016
at 07:38
Cin'Ji's Cafe
Cin'Ji's Cafe is a meeting place for you average everyday black sun operatives. Cin'Ji is a female human who owns a controlling interest in several major corporations that Black Sun uses to launder money. Cin'Ji provides this cafe as both an outlet for her boredom and a tool for the trade. The cafe is actually more comparable to a private liquor lounge with a full menu of both spirits and food. The cafe is where you will make contact with the shadow-broker, he tends the second floor bar. It is also a neutral ground for ALL criminal activity major or minor. This is enforced by a strict maiming policy. If a crime of any kind is committed you will be maimed, they will find you and it will hurt. Anything from stealing a spoon to murder has the same punishment. Access is obtained through retinal scan. All of your scans are on file.
Ovasu Ta'kina
 player, 5 posts
Thu 6 Oct 2016
at 22:13
Cin'Ji's Cafe
Ovasu Ta'kina makes her way to her usual table, moving slowly almost liquidly her pupils dilating in the cafe's light as she exits the refresher where she has just taken her nightly dose of hb4, it courses through her system like a warm flames licking the edges of her skin.

She takes her place in the middle of the U, making room for her contact Fen Render who is aiming to help her unload hot spare parts from the Sluis Van spaceport, there isn't much need for the parts as they are stowed on a smugglers cargo freighter awaiting to unload and make haste from the now Imperial world.[O.O.C.:The U-Shaped Table Adjacent #7 Table South End of Cafe]

Ovasu doesn't mind the Imperial presence at the moment, which has inundated the planet, if anything it has raised demand and thus prices, although the danger has also risen. The Twi'lek flutters her left lek at the bouncer out of habit and makes a wry smile at the passers by uploading the numbers she hopes to pass on to Fen from her data-pad. She parts her brown robes and lets her now glistening flesh catch the Cin'Ji's Cafe's air-cycler as the hb4 has begun to flush from her body in droplets of sweat. She smiles vaguely anticipating something big on the horizon, she reaches down and feels her constant combat blade like a touchstone it's smooth handle calming even though she means never to use it again, there are far more subtle ways to destroy an enemy, and she finds it handier to break their will to the point she can exhibit control over them.

A brash pilot has sent her over a greenish drink which she smiles approvingly, feinting a small sip and nod to the man who means nothing to her, Ovasu is hardly a real person anymore she is a hologram, a fluttering matrix of binary and false charm. Jaded but free, tired but excited.... just another day at the office of the Black Sun and ServPro Logistics.
Hoshunar'thi'nudo
 player, 8 posts
Thu 6 Oct 2016
at 22:34
Cin'Ji's Cafe
The tall form of Hush gracefully makes its way across the floor towards Ovasu. Ovasu was rather skinny, even for a Chiss, and as such was not what one could consider the best build for a close-combat specialist. That is, of course, until you saw him walk. he had the refined grace and body confidence of a veteran killer, and the unsettling combination of a distant stare and a tiny smile gave many the impression that he was always waiting for the next fight, the next chance to...dispose of someone.

This wasn't the case, of course, but Hush wasn't rushing to correct this misconception.

The young Chiss grabbed a seat next to Ovasu., adjusting his vibro axe for easier access.

"Evening, miss. I was sent as a precaution, you understand."

Hush called over a server and ordered a juma juice. no reason he couldn't drink just a little, after all.

"So what can you tell us about our no doubt respectable, legitimate guest tonite?"
The Shadowbroker
 GM, 12 posts
 GM
Fri 7 Oct 2016
at 00:23
Cin'Ji's Cafe
Fen makes his way through the bar area after coming in through the back entrance. He knows the Twi'lek will be waiting at her usual table. He stops the bartender by abruptly grabbing his arm.
Table 7 is to be put on my personal account. Send over three glasses of Thyferran Sleer, make mine a double.
As he turns to leave a drop of blood falls from the large gash on his forehead into a nautolan's drink. As he walks away he says
And get this man 2 of what he had, and my card.
Fen takes his seat at table seven across from hush and hands the chiss his blaster.
In the interest of keeping everyone comfortable and at ease please hold onto that for me and consider the drinks a gesture of good will.
The waitress serves all three with their elegant glasses of sleer, after which Fen holds his up to toast.
To mutually assured profit.
Ovasu Ta'kina
 player, 7 posts
Fri 7 Oct 2016
at 01:45
Cin'Ji's Cafe
Ovasu smiles from the corner of her mouth as Fen makes his entrance with great albomb and seeming sincerity. She reaches out and strokes gently the credit laundering contact, raising her glass as Fen makes a toast. "Quite a nice touch Fen, I feel more important than I did five seconds ago.". Her free hand makes its way down Fen's arm from his shoulder toward his free hand. "I was just about to explain to my sweet young Chiss associate exactly what it is that you do?".

Ta'kina's lekku flutter with a shudder as she turns from Fen to Hush whilst she places her drink down. "Now the way I see it is Fen here is an absolute necessity in terms of what we do. We have a extrodarainaray number of widgets in which we we call Y. Fen here is able to transfer Y". She slides her hand down Fens arm toward her new found drink. "Now Fen can take this Y and push it past X, which these days can be claims officers to port tariff's to blasted Imperials asking for a donation toward thier pension fund."

The Twi'lek moves the glass across the table sliding it in front of Hush. "Now the extrodainry thing is that once past X, Fen here has returned our goods in the form of Z. And Z well Z is usually a very good percentage of what Y was if Y had ever existed. Which it now it doesn't and that is why Mister Fen Render is such a damn plucky and persuasive man and sorely desired individual." She winks at Hush and returns the glass toward her lips and pours a large amount down her slender throat slowly tipping it down her neck inside of swallowing it in gulps, soon it is half gone. "And that I find is the amazing thing about our dear Fen, he can transmute goods into services and services into goods, while incurring the smallest penalties known on this rather capitalistic planet. A true visionary of forward thinking investment. Ovasu raises the glass again the sleer burning slightly. "Once again Fen to mutual profit and endiuring gains."

She feels an obligation to the younger of her partners with ServPro Logistics, her only friends if she had any. The once still alive like Hush had done a wonderful job of keeping their past in the past and their future close to the present. She admired as well the non humans, as she noticed the Empire was of a particular line of descendants, plus a lot of the nippers risked their lives for her future dividends. That meant she kept a keen eye out for their safety as much as or more than her own. She returned her gaze to Fen, "And how are we doing with those profits?"

This message was last edited by the player at 01:47, Fri 07 Oct 2016.

Hoshunar'thi'nudo
 player, 9 posts
Fri 7 Oct 2016
at 04:50
Cin'Ji's Cafe
Hush chuckled and let his smile grow a little larger.


"Yes, dear miracle-worker, master of x and y and z, how -are- our profits?"
The Shadowbroker
 GM, 17 posts
 GM
Fri 7 Oct 2016
at 05:26
Cin'Ji's Cafe
Well we've hit a bit of a snag, thus the reason for this meeting. Now it's nothing that cant be fixed but it is going to take me some time, but I assure you this will not impact your profit. I am eating the cost as this is a direct result of a mistake made by a man formers under my employment and currently in triage. I need 5 days to clear the transfer from- you know what it's better if you don't know. Now I understand if this will impact our future business together which is why I've gathered a proposal for you. I have the presentation if you would like to check the conference room on the second floor for security purposes. I'd be happy to accompany if you like, but I'd also be more than happy to wait here and have a drink, it's been a rough day.
*Fen points at the gash that occasionally omits a drop of blood*
Also due to the inconvinience the evening is on me and the tab will remain open until you decide to leave
Ovasu Ta'kina
 player, 11 posts
Fri 7 Oct 2016
at 05:49
Cin'Ji's Cafe
Ovasu takes a closer inspection of Fen's head wound, "Oh poor dear Fen, I think you will survive I'll send a server over here to take a better look at that. There is a nice girl working tonight, she is very thorough. We wouldn't want a nasty infection, you dying will make a five day window look like a boon." Ta'kina motions to the bar with a raised hand and curled upward tek.

Ovasu loses her sweet voice and becomes very serious she is staring down at here data-tab. "Now I will take you for your word on the deal Fen, and I will go upstairs and hear out this venture.. this proposal. But right now I am entering a little log and forwarding it to certain folks that don't want to see any more of these". She brushes his bloody gash. "Get better Fen we all need and have grown fond of you.. and thanks for the open tab. Too bad they don't serve armor or yachts at Cin'Jis."

With that Ovasu motions to Hush she would like to head up, smiling at the blue skinned intel-knife. "I assumed you wanted to join me upstairs, incase things as you say go south?"
Hoshunar'thi'nudo
 player, 10 posts
Fri 7 Oct 2016
at 12:40
Cin'Ji's Cafe
Hush scoots out of the booth, gesturing grandly in a smug, "after you".

"Of course, friend. it's always nice to have an extra helping hand."

Hush turns to Fen and gives him a small smile.

"Wouldn't you agree, Fen?"
The Shadowbroker
 GM, 21 posts
 GM
Sat 8 Oct 2016
at 07:45
Cin'Ji's Cafe
That's the best part about drinks, they can go with you
Fen scoots out of the booth and falls into line heading for the conference room, carrying his drink close to his chest
Talak Orden
 player, 2 posts
Sat 8 Oct 2016
at 08:34
Cin'Ji's Cafe
"Sorry  I'm  late  had  to  take  care of  some things."
A tall muscular Gank says as he  walks  up to the group. Talak isn't usually late to meetings but a client was giving him trouble not wanting to give him payment. A problem Talak solved easily with explosives.
Neergot
 player, 3 posts
 WT: 0/12
 ST: 0/10
Mon 10 Oct 2016
at 00:48
Cin'Ji's Cafe
A stocky Nemoidian walks in, eyes constantly moving. Unlike the typical member of his species, he isn't regal and aloof, instead he has a focus and intensity about his actions, even those as simple as entering a room. He makes his way over to the group, "What's on tap for today?"
The Shadowbroker
 GM, 22 posts
 GM
Mon 10 Oct 2016
at 04:14
Cin'Ji's Cafe
whatever you'd like my light fingered associate