Chapter 6 Treading on Manor Grounds.   Posted by Blackwell GM.Group: 0
Gorn
 player, 216 posts
Wed 24 Mar 2021
at 01:46
Re: Large Crawlies
Gorn successfully hits the crawlie for 5 more points, but it is still fighting.
Jenouise
 player, 217 posts
 Easily Excitable
Wed 24 Mar 2021
at 19:15
Re: Large Crawlies
Jenouise continued to protect not only herself but Ligeia as well.
Afamrail Faemys
 player, 175 posts
Fri 26 Mar 2021
at 23:06
Re: Large Crawlies
 (GM Posting)

Afamrail stays on guard in the hopes that Alaric can finish this beast off.
Alaric Dunhark
 player, 83 posts
 Thrykhrum
Fri 26 Mar 2021
at 23:08
Re: Large Crawlies
Alaric runs up and finishes off the last crawlie easily. The grisly corpses lie on a pile of bones of small animals. Purplish blood flows from the corpses.
Blackwell GM
 GM, 1507 posts
Fri 26 Mar 2021
at 23:11
Resuming the Search
  All players receive 2 skill points for defeating these large foes.

All NPC's get 1 skill Point.

Ligeia is no longer paralyzed.

Alaraic is no longer with high Agility.

Gorn is -3 END
Ligeia is -2 END
Jenouise's magic hand disappears.

Jenouise holds the only light source, her torch.
Ligeia Strand
 player, 295 posts
 4/10
 HP: 5/7
Sat 27 Mar 2021
at 17:07
Resuming the Search
Groggily, Ligeia recovers her senses, muttering, "I don't feel so well," to the surprise of nobody. She's lost track of how many times she's been poisoned since she dedicated herself to lifting the curse of Blackwell Manor.

With two succinct yet effective prayers, she relieves herself and Gorn of their most recent wounds.

Recovered, she surveys the subterranean chamber they all now occupy with its three exits,  west, northeast, and up. She points to the northeastern one, "Might that one take us closer to, if not to, the manor?"

Then she points to the stairs and speaks,"First, let's see if this tower is more hospitable than the last. Come, Jenousie, if you could light the way," before climbing the stairs and trying the trapdoor.

13:00, Today: Ligeia Strand rolled 14,13 using 2d6+5,2d6+5.  healx2.
Rubus Elann
 player, 247 posts
 8/12
Sat 27 Mar 2021
at 21:25
Resuming the Search
Rubus pats and praises the dog before is returns to its home plane. He asks Is somebody familiar with using a crossbow and willing to tutor me when we have time? If I'm to use it, I guess I shoudl learn how.

He retrieves the bolt he shot. (A bolt saved is a bolt earned.)
Afamrail Faemys
 player, 176 posts
Sun 28 Mar 2021
at 13:31
Resuming the Search
Afmarail nods to Ligeia.

Somewhere to rest not full of corpses would be a refreshing change.  I do wonder where these other doors go, but I agree we need to get to sanctuary for a bit.

I think bestowing more agility on Alaric has been a successful tactic, if I don't say so myself.  He's like my little wind up toy soldier now.

Alaric Dunhark
 player, 84 posts
 Thrykhrum
Sun 28 Mar 2021
at 13:33
Resuming the Search
 Alaric growls..

 I hate to admit it, but it does help me pack a punch!
Gorn
 player, 217 posts
Sun 28 Mar 2021
at 13:36
Resuming the Search
Thank you Ligeia.  Nasty creatures.

But speaking of corpses I am going to cut these up into pieces because we do not want them coming back from the dead.

Gorn goes to work chopping the crawlies into sections and fling their remains separated from each other. It takes about 10 minutes.
Gorn
 player, 218 posts
Sun 28 Mar 2021
at 14:04
Re: Resuming the Search
Rubus Elann:
Rubus pats and praises the dog before is returns to its home plane. He asks Is somebody familiar with using a crossbow and willing to tutor me when we have time? If I'm to use it, I guess I shoudl learn how.

He retrieves the bolt he shot. (A bolt saved is a bolt earned.)


I can certainly teach you archery basics, Rubus.
Blackwell GM
 GM, 1508 posts
Sun 28 Mar 2021
at 14:07
Re: Resuming the Search
Ligeia Strand:
Groggily, Ligeia recovers her senses, muttering, "I don't feel so well," to the surprise of nobody. She's lost track of how many times she's been poisoned since she dedicated herself to lifting the curse of Blackwell Manor.

With two succinct yet effective prayers, she relieves herself and Gorn of their most recent wounds.

Recovered, she surveys the subterranean chamber they all now occupy with its three exits,  west, northeast, and up. She points to the northeastern one, "Might that one take us closer to, if not to, the manor?"

Then she points to the stairs and speaks,"First, let's see if this tower is more hospitable than the last. Come, Jenousie, if you could light the way," before climbing the stairs and trying the trapdoor.

13:00, Today: Ligeia Strand rolled 14,13 using 2d6+5,2d6+5.  healx2.



Ligeia is successful in her healings ( please mark off your spells)
The Trapdoor above is indeed very stuck from lack of use. It will take a strength check to open it.
Ligeia Strand
 player, 296 posts
 2/10
 HP: 7/7
Wed 31 Mar 2021
at 01:15
Re: Resuming the Search
Ligeia looks at the trapdoor. She looks at Alaric. She repeats this several times.

Without a trace of sarcasm, she asks the dwarf, "Do you need an invitation?"
Alaric Dunhark
 player, 85 posts
 Thrykhrum
Wed 31 Mar 2021
at 01:51
Re: Resuming the Search
In reply to Ligeia Strand (msg # 323):

Scowling the dwarf braces himself under the door testing it.

 I do have other skills you know!

In one push he shoves the trap door off it's rusty hinges and up into the room above with a crash.

 The Dwarf rubs the grime on his clothes..

Well, I guess I overdid it.


All is dark above, and quiet
Rubus Elann
 player, 248 posts
 8/12
Wed 31 Mar 2021
at 02:22
Re: Resuming the Search
Rubus replies Thank you, Gorn. As usual, he's at the back of the party.
Ligeia Strand
 player, 297 posts
 2/10
 HP: 7/7
Wed 31 Mar 2021
at 15:47
Re: Resuming the Search
Alaric:
Well, I guess I overdid it.

"Subtlety would not be among your skills."

If the torch she had been holding had been lost during the last fight, Ligeia will light another one with the oil and tinderbox. Then, she'll lead the others into the room above.
Blackwell GM
 GM, 1509 posts
Thu 1 Apr 2021
at 03:12
Re: Resuming the Search
Map upcoming

Climbing into the chamber above itís a square stone structure with a wooden door and a stairway leading to a level above.  The walls here though faded are painted with the scenes of knights engaging in jousting. There is also a panel painted with the Blackwell family crest.  All is quiet otherwise.
Blackwell GM
 GM, 1510 posts
Thu 1 Apr 2021
at 13:46
Re: Resuming the Search





Afamrail Faemys
 player, 177 posts
Thu 1 Apr 2021
at 13:48
Re: Resuming the Search
 Well my furfooted friend? What see you?
Ligeia Strand
 player, 298 posts
 2/10
 HP: 7/7
Thu 1 Apr 2021
at 14:13
Re: Resuming the Search
"Looks empty, smells empty," she answers. "Come on up."

While the others climb into the room, she listens at the stairs to try to detect any noise from above. After that, she sees if she can look behind the panel.
Blackwell GM
 GM, 1511 posts
Thu 1 Apr 2021
at 15:25
Re: Resuming the Search
Ligeia Strand:
"Looks empty, smells empty," she answers. "Come on up."

While the others climb into the room, she listens at the stairs to try to detect any noise from above. After that, she sees if she can look behind the panel.

 Roll to check
Afamrail Faemys
 player, 178 posts
Fri 2 Apr 2021
at 14:07
Re: Resuming the Search
Afamrail climbs up looking around..

Hmm this tower seems a bit more ornate than the others
Ligeia Strand
 player, 299 posts
 2/10
 HP: 7/7
Fri 2 Apr 2021
at 19:01
Re: Resuming the Search
15:01, Today: Ligeia Strand rolled 10 using 2d6+5.  wis check.
Jenouise
 player, 218 posts
 Easily Excitable
Fri 2 Apr 2021
at 20:21
Re: Resuming the Search
Jenouise fell in line behind Ligeia, blue eyes darting around, taking in any detail that stood out to her. Otherwise, she was content to follow with a smirk on her lips and a bounce in her step. Yes, this place so far seemed filled with danger but she approached it in much the same way as she did everything else...with a flippant attitude.
Blackwell GM
 GM, 1512 posts
Sat 3 Apr 2021
at 23:25
Re: Resuming the Search


The three women of the party are the first to enter the chamber.


Ligeia you note thwere is a slight breeze coming fromn the stairs above, but you are convinced that there is nothing behind the painted wall as you can see parts where the paint has peeled off.