The Pit.   Posted by Epoch.Group: 0
Prisoner
 player, 11 posts
Fri 17 Feb 2017
at 16:08
The Pit
Knabnar shook his head a laughed mirthlessly "Peppy always told me this is how I'd end up." He put on his best shaky elderly female voice. "You listen here you little twit. If'n y'don't stop and listen to me you'll end up waking up in the dark chained to strangers."

He set his jaw firmly and squinted against the darkness trying desperately to see not only a means of escape but also those to whom he was chained.





10:07, Today: Prisoner rolled 7 using 1d20+4 ((3)).

Bree Bramblehill
 player, 5 posts
Fri 17 Feb 2017
at 20:14
The Pit
In reply to Prisoner (msg # 12):

Bree feels her chest tighten as she notices the blood-stained cloth in front of her. "Something tells me we don't want to be chained here much longer." She looks to her fellow prisoners, and can tell from their squinting in the dark that maybe they haven't taken in all of their surroundings. If there is even the faintest hope of escape, she wants everyone to put their heads together. "Near the porticullis...see a ladder over there? Maybe it can be lowered.  Let's see if we can find a mechanism of some sort, or even a loose bolt?"
Bree mutteres an incantation under her breath and attempts to cast mage hand to check the ladder.

This message was last edited by the player at 23:16, Fri 17 Feb 2017.

Epoch
 GM, 14 posts
Mon 20 Feb 2017
at 03:14
The Pit
Keifa

Having others in this cell with you has helped you relax to some extent. You find yourself less panicked, knowing this is a predicament you will not have to work yourself out of on your own.

Your eyes have adjusted, and you find yourself facing a portcullis. You see tally-markings on the right side of it's frame, and they look like they've been crudely etched in by hand: |||. As you peer into the grate door, you see three figures, roughly 3' 6" tall. You hear a faint, low chattering in a language you don't understand.

Knabnar

You can see portcullises to your right and to your left. The walls are smooth stone. Your butt is cold.

Bree

You manage to cast Mage Hand. You even manage to get it towards the foot of the ladder. Unfortunately the spectral hand wriggles around fruitlessly as your own hands strain against the manacles. It flips and flops and slaps against it. If anything, you can tell that the ladder is solidly bolted to the wall, and it appears to not have any additional length to offer.
Tiefling
 player, 5 posts
Mon 20 Feb 2017
at 07:14
The Pit
After fruitlessly fiddling with the manacles around his wrists, Celestius' tail began to flick back and forth nervously. He too begins to scan around the area for any sort of loose stone work or other loose materials of any sort.

01:13, Today: Tiefling rolled 6 using 1d20+3.  Perception.
Prisoner
 player, 12 posts
Wed 22 Feb 2017
at 15:02
The Pit
Knab strained against his bonds with all of his might. He swiveled his head around trying to see anything he could. He whispered to his fellow captives "Can you guys make anything out. I can't see a flipping thing"



09:01, Today: Prisoner rolled 6 using 1d20.  strength check (just for funsies) .

This message was last edited by the player at 04:24, Fri 24 Feb 2017.

Bree Bramblehill
 player, 6 posts
Tue 28 Feb 2017
at 15:54
The Pit
In reply to Prisoner (msg # 16):

Frustrated from her mediocre use of mage hand, Bree begins to panic. She notices Knabnar try to break free from his manacles. Frenzied, she strains and twists her hands in a desperate attempt to wriggle free from her restraints.
Epoch
 GM, 15 posts
Wed 1 Mar 2017
at 01:16
The Pit
Two things happen:

1) As the halfling strains against his bonds, Tiefling and Keifa's arms are jerked to the left and the right, respectively.

2) Bree's arms are pulled tighter behind her.
Prisoner
 player, 13 posts
Thu 2 Mar 2017
at 14:56
The Pit
Knab paused.

He looked down at the ground behind him.  He looked up in the direction of the other voices. "I'm dumb." As he finished speaking he stood up, realizing he was attached at the wrist to the others but there appeared to be no tether connected to the floor. "I think we can move...?"
Tiefling
 player, 6 posts
Thu 2 Mar 2017
at 20:58
The Pit
Hearing the comment about standing, Celestius decides that would have been a wise idea from the start. He immediately hops to his feet, pulling against his companions perhaps a little bit harder than he meant to. He is beginning to act quite squirelly about being bound in chains.
Epoch
 GM, 16 posts
Fri 3 Mar 2017
at 16:50
The Pit
The halfling gets up relatively easily after some shifting, hands still behind his back. Because he is lower to the ground, there is more jangling than tugging of his peers. Tiefling, however, takes more time, adjusting to accommodate his tail. Bree's arms are pulled uncomfortably up and to the left. Keifa's arms are also tugged, but more toward the center.

Everyone make a perception check.
Prisoner
 player, 14 posts
Fri 3 Mar 2017
at 16:57
The Pit
10:56, Today: Prisoner rolled 21 using 1d20+4 ((17)) Perception

Tiefling
 player, 7 posts
Fri 3 Mar 2017
at 22:14
The Pit
16:13, Today: Tiefling rolled 9 using 1d20+3.  Perception.
Keifa Harvestbringer
 player, 4 posts
Thu 16 Mar 2017
at 23:35
The Pit
Keifa stands along with the others. She tries her best to focus on the figures outside of the cell.

18:31, Today: Keifa Harvestbringer rolled 10 using 1d20+3.

"It appears we are not alone." She whispers as calmly as she can. "Directly across from me is closed portcullis with three beings on the other side. They appear to be the size of halflings, and they are speaking a tongue I do not know. I cannot tell their intent."
Epoch
 GM, 19 posts
Fri 17 Mar 2017
at 03:46
The Pit
The tiefling, Keifa, and Bree are all still focused on the news that they can stand semi-easily. The unknown halfling prisoner, however, tenses after standing. He just catches the chattering Keifa heard not moments ago. It's followed by a muffled, yet uncomfortably enthusiastic, snicker that makes his hair stand on end.
Prisoner
 player, 15 posts
Fri 17 Mar 2017
at 04:04
The Pit
In reply to Epoch (msg # 25):

Knab froze where he stood. "We've got problems. I hear something with a high pitched voice. And there multiple voices. But they speak gibberish to me"
Tiefling
 player, 8 posts
Fri 17 Mar 2017
at 21:53
The Pit
The tiefling begins to shift around uncomfortably, but quietly, and listens intently for the sound of the voices to see if he can make out the words. As he does so, he instinctively tries to slip toward the back of the group and into the deepest shadows he can find...

16:50, Today: Tiefling rolled 15 using 1d20+3.  Perception (if necessary) to hear the voices.
16:52, Today: Tiefling rolled 15 using 1d20+7.  Stealth (if its possible to hide).
Epoch
 GM, 20 posts
Fri 24 Mar 2017
at 02:47
The Pit
Tiefling: You stumble over your chains, which drag across the stone floor and trip you up. Needless to say, you do not manage to hide. After the halfling describes the voices, you know what to listen for.
Prisoner
 player, 16 posts
Thu 30 Mar 2017
at 21:35
The Pit
"Oy, Tiefling! Stop pullin' me around. Git yerself over here. I can't reach the locks on my chains, but you can. I can try to check yours too. Oh. By the way. I'm Knabnar. Hi. Knabnar backs up to where he last heard Tiefling.



16:34, Today: Prisoner rolled 5 using 1d20+1.  Investigation of Tieflings Locks.
Tiefling
 player, 9 posts
Thu 30 Mar 2017
at 23:50
The Pit
"Oh, uh yes Sir Knabnar. Tiefling obeys happily." The Tiefling approaches Knabnar and presents his bonds, attempting to look at the halfling's as well.

18:49, Today: Tiefling rolled 20 using 1d20+1 ((19)) (Investigation on Knabnar's manacles). (FINALLY! A decent roll....)

This message was last edited by the player at 23:51, Thu 30 Mar 2017.

Epoch
 GM, 22 posts
Fri 31 Mar 2017
at 02:10
The Pit
Knabnar: The manacles are thick, and heavy. You're pretty fixated on how solid they look.

Tiefling: While the manacles are thick and heavy, their design lacks complexity. In fact, those on Knabnar's wrists look like they may have been previously damaged. Provided some form of lever, you're pretty certain you could widen the bonds enough for his hands to slip through.
Bree Bramblehill
 player, 8 posts
Fri 31 Mar 2017
at 14:42
The Pit
In reply to Epoch (msg # 31)

Bree is calmed slightly by the halfling taking charge. She focuses on what she could do. "Ok. Ok. That's not a bad idea. Keifa, let me take a look at yours. And I suppose I could check this first. Ew." She reaches for the bloodied sackcloth as her face contorts in disgust.
Tiefling
 player, 10 posts
Tue 4 Apr 2017
at 00:06
The Pit
The tiefling lets out a gleeful chuckle. "Tiefling has seen more impressive shackles from a duergar! If someone finds a long stick, tiefling thinks he can get us out!" He says proudly.
Knabnar
 player, 17 posts
Tue 4 Apr 2017
at 20:31
The Pit
In reply to Tiefling (msg # 33):

Knag looked from his hands, to Tiefling, back to his hands. "Now. I'm gonna propose something. Just go with it. I need borrow your head spikes?" Knab's vocal pitch raised slightly at the end as if he were trying to ask a question but the reality of the situation appeared to be beginning to dawn on  him. With that Knabnar swiftly reaches for Tiefling's horns and attempts to use them as a lever, now hearing his companions musings, to pry apart his shackles.




15:34, Today: Knabnar rolled 5 using 1d20.  Athletics.

This message was last edited by the player at 20:35, Tue 04 Apr 2017.

Tiefling
 player, 11 posts
Tue 4 Apr 2017
at 23:02
The Pit
"Gwwwaah!" The tiefling cries out with surprise, and resists for a moment, but he is not unfamiliar with this sort of treatment. He resigns himself to Knabnar's manhandling.
Epoch
 GM, 24 posts
Tue 9 May 2017
at 16:39
The Pit
Initially, Knabnar's attempt at reaching the tiefling's horns was ungraceful at worst, comical at best. His feet slipped on their chains, and pulled against his comrades' bonds. He just fell short, until this odd, horned creature stooped low in resignation. Knabnar, prepared for resistance, kept fighting until both heard the slightest shink of a lock.

Knabnar's wrists were slick with sweat and swollen with welts, but at last...freedom.