The Pit.   Posted by Epoch.Group: 0
Epoch
 GM, 9 posts
Tue 24 Jan 2017
at 04:34
The Pit
You wake up, head throbbing. Your throat is exceptionally dry, you can barely pry your tongue off of the roof of your mouth. You attempt to adjust your sitting position, and pain shoots up your spine, flaring throughout your limbs. Speaking of your limbs: they're bound. You finally open your eyes and, despite the oppressing darkness, manage to spot large, heavy shackles around your ankles. Reflexively, you reach out to test the lock, but find your arms are bound with what you believe to be manacles. You wiggle your wrists to test the give and hear metal shifting against the stone floor. You stop and lean to feel a chain leading from your wrist to...are those someone else's hands?

Make a perception check.

This message was last edited by the GM at 01:46, Wed 08 Feb 2017.

Prisoner 2
 player, 9 posts
Wed 8 Feb 2017
at 02:41
The Pit
As Knab came to consciousness he quickly pulled his hand towards his holster. As his hands met resistance he became slightly panicked. He had never been in manacles before. It was not an experience he particularly enjoyed. Not by a long shot. "uhh hello?"

20:26, Today: Prisoner 2 rolled 12 using 1d20+4.  Perception.
Prisoner 3
 player, 2 posts
Wed 8 Feb 2017
at 22:24
The Pit
Celestius stirred and started to mutter to himself. "Oof... tielfing is not feeling well today." As he reached up to rub his temples and try to stop the throbbing, he too found the manacles about his wrists. He looked about and then nearly jumped out of his skin as he heard Knab's voice.

16:23, Today: Prisoner 3 rolled 12 using 1d20+3.  Perception

This message was last edited by the player at 22:25, Wed 08 Feb 2017.

Prisoner 2
 player, 10 posts
Wed 8 Feb 2017
at 22:42
The Pit
In reply to Prisoner 3 (msg # 3):

Knabnar jumped half out of his skin when a voice replied so close to himself. He strained against the chains which held his hands but to no avail. "AHHHH!! Blackened body of god I didn't expect something to talk back!" He paused. Shook his head to clear it. He blinked hard as something hit him. "Are we the only things in here...other...something?" he directed his address to what ever might be present in this foul place.

This message was last edited by the player at 22:43, Wed 08 Feb 2017.

Prisoner 1
 player, 3 posts
Thu 9 Feb 2017
at 02:15
The Pit
In reply to Prisoner 2 (msg # 4):

Bree tested the reach of the manacles, wondering how quickly she could try a spell if she needed to. So far the two voices sounded just as confused as she felt, which eased her mind slightly. "It's not just you...I...where are we?"

09:07, Wed 08 Feb: Prisoner 1 rolled 18 using 1d20+1.  Perception check.

This message was last edited by the GM at 04:39, Tue 14 Feb 2017.

Prisoner 4
 player, 2 posts
Sat 11 Feb 2017
at 01:20
The Pit
In reply to Prisoner 2 (msg # 4):

Keifa's body tensed as her wrists were jerked back by the shackles. She winced and let out a small groan as she became aware of the rest of her aching body. With a deep breath she opened her eyes and began to take in her surroundings.

19:00, Today: Prisoner 4 rolled 6 using 1d20 + 3.  Perception

"Alright," Keifa croaked, she was surprised at the hoarseness of her voice."My name if Keifa Harvestbringer, loyal servant of Barronar Truesilver. May I ask to whom I am bound?"

This message was last edited by the GM at 04:40, Tue 14 Feb 2017.

Prisoner 1
 player, 4 posts
Sat 11 Feb 2017
at 18:19
The Pit
In reply to Prisoner 4 (msg # 6):

In spite of her current situation, Bree let out a chuckle under her breath. "So formal!" She quickly hid her amusement, trying her best not to offend. "Well, I'm Bree Bramblehill. This halfling is servant to no one but if this Truesilver of which you speak can get us out of here they're a friend of mine!"
Prisoner 3
 player, 3 posts
Sun 12 Feb 2017
at 04:26
The Pit
"Tiefling knows little of true silvers, but much of serving and he is at your service. Let tiefling see if he can get us out of here." And with that announcement, Celestius reaches down toward a pocket sewn inside of his robe to see if he can fish out his thieve's tools.
Epoch
 GM, 13 posts
Wed 15 Feb 2017
at 17:12
The Pit
Keifa: Despite your dark vision, you are too disoriented and stressed to make head's or tails of your situation and surroundings. You recognize that you are chained to several other individuals. You feel rough clothe scratching your skin and making you unbearably itchy. Your neck is stiff from long periods of sitting in this position; too stiff to turn and get a proper look at them.

Celestius and Knabnar: You can tell you're in a dry, albeit cold, cell. You're chained to each other with thick manacles at the wrists and the ankles. The chains between each prisoner measure roughly 2'6."

Knabnar, the one referring to himself as "Tiefling," is to your right, and the one calling herself "Keifa," is to your left.

Celestius, you do not have your thieves' tools. In fact, a slight breeze chills your skin, and you realize you don't have anything. You notice that neither the one to your left who calls himself "Knabnar," nor the one to your right who calls herself "Bree" have anything either, including clothing. From what you can tell, you and your company are in crudely-sewn sackcloths, and nothing else. A small point of relief: your tail remains untethered.

Bree: You've managed to shake off most of the stiffness and headache. The one referring to himself as "Tiefling" is chained to your left, and the loyal servant of Barronar Truesilver is chained to your right. You can see that you are in a circular stone cell, roughly 30' in diameter, and looking up, the ceiling is 60' up. There is a metal ladder bolted into the smooth stone wall to your left, 30 ft off of the ground. You can see two portcullises in your periphery, and a moldy, chilly breeze on the back of your neck suggests that there is a third. Directly in front of you there is a discarded sackcloth. It looks like it's been torn to shreds. Is that blood?
Tiefling
 player, 4 posts
Wed 15 Feb 2017
at 23:40
The Pit
Celestius shivers as he realizes how cool the air feels here, and lets out a sigh when he finds that he has been relieved of all his equipment. "Hmmm... tielfing seems to be missing his supplies. Does anyone have a thin bit of metal? Perhaps a hair pin?"
Keifa Harvestbringer
 player, 3 posts
Thu 16 Feb 2017
at 22:50
The Pit
In reply to Tiefling (msg # 10):

Keifa did her best to stretch and relax her muscles, but her rough garment and heavy shackles ensured she found little relief.

"It appears I have nothing on my person either." She sighed. "Perhaps there is something useful nearby."

Keifa scanned the floor and walls of the cell.

16:37, Today: Keifa Harvestbringer rolled 21 using 1d20+3.  Perception .