Chapter 01: The Wanderings of Wobblekettle.   Posted by DM.Group: archive 0
Koh
 player, 15 posts
Tue 17 Jan 2017
at 18:35
The Wanderings of Wobblekettle
In reply to Walben Wobblekettle (msg # 70):

Koh had followed wally-kins and his stripy cat more out of the need for something to do, she can't think if she had ever run into fay before. She keeps her wings tucked under her cloak not knowing what to expect. Hearing the gruff little Koh draws her swords slowly as she turns her head to look around trying to find the source. She was right this was more interesting then longing about the farm house for the morning. "What are those things Wally-kins?" She asks softly. "and why we want buy stuff from them?"
Walben Wobblekettle
 player, 23 posts
Tue 17 Jan 2017
at 22:14
The Wanderings of Wobblekettle
In reply to Koh (msg # 71):

 msg #71
 Koh Hearing the gruff little voice, draws her sword. "What are those things Wally-kins?" She asks softly. "and why we want buy stuff from them?"

"That voice is from fey and they met the farmer before we did" If you get my drift "

"There are a least two around us" and they might be willing to sell us supply's for our adventure "
DM
 GM, 38 posts
Wed 18 Jan 2017
at 00:56
The Wanderings of Wobblekettle
In reply to Walben Wobblekettle (msg # 72):

Taboo paces around as Walben talks with what he suspects are some manner of fey, but what they are he has no idea.  Ducking out from under the cart in the shaded light of the morning is an odd sight, and probably not what Walben expected.  Koh has her blade drawn somewhat casually and Taboo freezes on the spot, lowering himself down slowly, his eyes fixed on the figure.

The lower portion of the creature is a scorpion, with mottled green chitin, human-hand sized pincers and a tail with a nasty looking stinger.  The torso and head of the creature are that of a small humanoid with wood brown skin, dark hair and whitish eyes.  In all, the creature measures about a foot and a half tall from arachnid base to the top of its humanoid head, and from belly to stinger it is roughly two and a half feet in length, although it is hard to tell how long much reach it has with its tail from this angle.

Pausing in front of the cart after it has shown itself, it asks, "Whaddaya got that's shiny?  You gots some man golds and silvers there?  You can buy some drinks for some man golds and silver. Don't try nothing funny though, that's ours!"  From above it's shoulder Walben can see the top of a bow and now that his eyes focus more clearly on the creature can see the bowstring across its chest.  Koh turns her head around at the sound of the other one and she knows it's somewhere to her right, but higher up in a tree as the voice definitely came from above.  Taboo settles into his crouch awaiting the word.

"Saw you yesterday! Saw ya walking with your stick and your cat. Saw your green hair through the trees we did.  Got yourself a big lady now huh? Bring her for a drink?  Gonna see if she likes the man drinks?  Show us your shinies..."

This message was last edited by the GM at 00:58, Wed 18 Jan 2017.

Walben Wobblekettle
 player, 24 posts
Wed 18 Jan 2017
at 03:57
The Wanderings of Wobblekettle
In reply to DM (msg # 73):

"I got shiny gold and silver"

"Koh you have some silver coins" ?

I pull out about 10 GP

"What do you got for our Shiny ?
DM
 GM, 39 posts
Wed 18 Jan 2017
at 04:32
The Wanderings of Wobblekettle
In reply to Walben Wobblekettle (msg # 74):

The creature gets initially excited as it sees Walben and his gold and silver coins. His white eyes widen and Walben can see strange pale yellow irises and only slightly darker brownish pupils. His excitement causes it to rush over with a skittering gait until he gets a few feet from Taboo who hisses a growl and bares his teeth while crouched to strike. The fur on his back raises up and his tail grows fat.  The tiny thief clamours to his left under some brush with a start shouting "Bad cat!", with a horrified look on his face. Scrambling past Taboo he nervously glances back at the forest predator and then up to a tree to Koh's right. Getting closer to Walben and the hollowed out dead tree trunk he says, "Where'd ya get that big cat? You buy it in Thousandbreaths? Anyway", he titters excitedly, "we got all kinds a booze here. Got some jugs of some stuff and there's some brown stuff that's kinda sweet and kinda sour but packs a woozie of a kick if you know what I'm sayin, an it looks like ya might. An we gots a few bottles of a man's wine an some elven wine that's prolly better, but that's gonna cost ya bubs, an we we gots a few bottles of some weeskey that'll warm yer woollies, an mightn't hers too!"  The little creature is positively maniacal with the thought of some cash as he continues, "Well, gahead an see fer herself, but if ya gets any idears...", he skitters back a few feet and snaps both sets of pincers several times as a warning, "don't think we won't just leave ya fer the wolves. Oh, an the pony ain't for sale. We need it for the trek back ta Thousandbreaths! Tha cart can be had though, Twelve shinies for tha cart! Whaddaya say?"

Walben and Koh try their best to follow the little maniac as he rambles through that sales pitch.  The creature is about three feet from Walben. Taboo is still eyeing it with hatred from about 10 feet away.  The other creature has not made itself seen or heard.

This message was last edited by the GM at 14:01, Fri 20 Jan 2017.

Koh
 player, 16 posts
Wed 18 Jan 2017
at 08:20
The Wanderings of Wobblekettle
In reply to DM (msg # 75):

Koh continues to watch where she thinks she heard the other one in the tree, she hasn't gotten around the last few months with out being cautious. "No, I do not have gold for drink. I not like drink burns too much." She flexes her toes her hands gripping tighter around the grip of her swords. She fights to keep her wings down and not show these little scorpion fay just how big she is if only to get a reaction but is afraid she might startle the Stripy-Cat Taboo whom she thinks has the right idea to be on the defense. "Pony not even yours, you mean little bugs hurt nice farm man."
Walben Wobblekettle
 player, 25 posts
Wed 18 Jan 2017
at 15:38
The Wanderings of Wobblekettle
In reply to Koh (msg # 76):

"They like shiny things like silver ,gold."

They already took sweets

I lay down the 10 gold on the floor and wait
DM
 GM, 40 posts
Wed 18 Jan 2017
at 18:48
The Wanderings of Wobblekettle
In reply to Koh (msg # 76):

"Bah, he's lucky dat's all we did ta him."  The creature starts giggling as he starts scooping up the gold coins that Walben has spread out on the ground and is oblivious to everything else.  "That's a lot of shinies, bubs!  Where'd ya get all dis? Nevermind, ya don't gots ta tell me.  Dis for da cart?  Ya need da cart to take da booze.  Unless ya wants ta drink it here?"

Walben and Koh aren't even sure that this creature is counting the coins or if it can count, or if it can tell the difference between one coin and another, but it seems pretty pleased to be scooping up what it is.

This message was last edited by the GM at 14:02, Fri 20 Jan 2017.

Walben Wobblekettle
 player, 26 posts
Wed 18 Jan 2017
at 21:09
The Wanderings of Wobblekettle
In reply to DM (msg # 75):

  he doesn't want to do anything until he can see what kind of fey is hidden in the tree.

"Taboo be nice and guard" these are nice creatures" {fingers crossed}

"besides wine do you have any nice weapons to sell or clothing to fit me size"
Koh
 player, 17 posts
Wed 18 Jan 2017
at 23:35
The Wanderings of Wobblekettle
In reply to Walben Wobblekettle (msg # 79):

Koh shakes her head slightly and wonders what was wrong with the Wally-kins giving his gold to these fay things. She would rather kill them especially since they didn't seem to be nice, through this all she continues to watch the area she heard the other one. "You wont need the pony if we take the cart." She adds not relaxing at all, she knows what these two mean fay did to the nice farmer. Her wings threaten to reveal themselves in her frustration with the Wally-kins and these things.
Walben Wobblekettle
 player, 27 posts
Thu 19 Jan 2017
at 00:53
The Wanderings of Wobblekettle
In reply to Koh (msg # 80):

He will detect magic on the stuff in the tree then will look toward the tree tops and by the wagon

60' R
DM
 GM, 41 posts
Thu 19 Jan 2017
at 02:04
The Wanderings of Wobblekettle
In reply to Walben Wobblekettle (msg # 81):

The creature looks up to the tree as Walben's spell takes effect.  Walben follows his eyes and immediately sees an aura in the tree that is still, but when the salesman starts talking it starts moving.  "Jobrigo! Bring down that moonblade and the shiny pouch.  This guy wants to see it.  He's got lots of shinies!"

The creature in the tree begins to move and Walben can see it only has one aura and it is moving around in the branches.  The little guy keeps rambling about this sword that he and his partner have, "It's made of steel and it's sharp, and boyoboy does it hurt.  The guy we got it offa nearly cut Jobrigo in half wid it!"

Following the faint aura Walben, and then Koh can see another of these creatures coming down out of the tree with a item wrapped in cloth in its hands, and a pouch in one of it's pincers.  It moves down the tree with ease as if clinging to the side of it.

((spellcraft Walben to identify the aura's school))

This message was last edited by the GM at 14:19, Fri 20 Jan 2017.

Walben Wobblekettle
 player, 28 posts
Thu 19 Jan 2017
at 19:42
The Wanderings of Wobblekettle
In reply to DM (msg # 82):

spell craft=21 rolled
DM
 GM, 42 posts
Thu 19 Jan 2017
at 21:29
The Wanderings of Wobblekettle
In reply to Walben Wobblekettle (msg # 83):

23:07, Yesterday: Walben Wobblekettle rolled 21 using 1d20+6. SPELLCRAFT

Walben concentrates and can see the aura clearly as the creature approaches with both the pouch and what he assumes is a weapon covered in the roughspun cloth wrapping.  The aura surrounds the creature and seems to have faint transmutation properties that would indicate a low powered effect.

The creature known as Jobrigo nervously crawls past Koh and looks up at her hulking form cautiously as it passes, getting close to his partner. Handing off the pouch, which jingles with a fair amount of coins, and the covered weapon, he backs nervously under the bushes beside Walben and the more outgoing of the two.

Grasping the handle carefully in a pincer, the cloth wrapping falls to the ground, while at the same time the collected gold is slid into the now open pouch, that Walben can see contains numerous coins, mostly of silver, but some gold, inside of it.

"Whatcha got here is a moonblade, real rare and dangerous.  We took it offa guy who was bent in front of a pond in Thousdandbreaths saying some words to someone dat wasn't there." The item is clearly a sickle that is sized for the bigger folk.  The sickle appears expertly crafted and seems to be made of cold iron, which Walben and those familiar with the fey know is harmful and feared by them.  The little salesman says, "Twelve more shinies and you can have dis ting too! Are ya gonna get the big lady to pull your new cart?"

This message was last edited by the GM at 14:34, Fri 20 Jan 2017.

Koh
 player, 18 posts
Thu 19 Jan 2017
at 23:33
The Wanderings of Wobblekettle
In reply to DM (msg # 84):

Koh shifts her foot as the other one walks by her head never looking away from him her swords were still ready to strike if they were to attack or make a wrong move. "I AM NOT A BEASTIE!" she snaps flaring out her wings and stomping her foot angerly. Her two black feathered wings now stretched out from under her cloak the left wing trembling slightly but her face not relaying any pain. "You give us the pony and moonblade for what Wally-kins gave you. It more then enough." She says stomping her foot. ((said using intimidation roll))
Walben Wobblekettle
 player, 29 posts
Thu 19 Jan 2017
at 23:40
The Wanderings of Wobblekettle
In reply to DM (msg # 84):

He sees with his magic detection on and knows cold steel and it's effect on fey.

  The little salesman says, "Twelve more shinies and you can have dis ting too! Are ya gonna get the big lady to pull your new cart?"


"How about 5 more Gold "

"You know That's why I brought her"

"But what are you guys going to do with the horse ?
DM
 GM, 43 posts
Fri 20 Jan 2017
at 00:46
The Wanderings of Wobblekettle
In reply to Walben Wobblekettle (msg # 86):

18:30, Today: Koh rolled 29 using 1d20+5+4 (size bonus) vs DC 12. Intimidation.
Both Scrigs shaken for 4 rounds: Starting now
((A shaken character takes a 2 penalty on attack rolls, saving throws, skill checks, and ability checks. Shaken is a less severe state of fear than frightened or panicked.))

The skittish creature backs under the tree completely after Koh's outburst.  Her anger, massive size advantage and the flaring wings cause the salesman to nearly drop his pouch of coins as his humanoid hand starts to shake.  "Look, we don't want no trouble here, nah, we just lookin ta unload some uh dis stuff before the snows start. We gotta get home man.  Dat's what we need da horse for.  We can't sell all dis booze, an we can't carry it, so we gotta have it.  Dat cart won't make it, or we'd take dat too and be on our way, but it's yours, ya bought it.  Tell ya what though, tell ya what.  Twelve more shinies and you can take it all.  We don't want no problems here.  We was going home soon anyway!"

The unnamed spokesman for the pair eyes Koh nervously for an instant before he looks back to meet Walben's gaze.  "Whaddaya say? Twelve more shinies, an you can take da horse, da moonblade an all da booze.  It's a good deal, you should take it!"  The other seems to be climbing into the tree.

((One more action each for Koh and Walben and it will end one "round" for the intimidation.  It's hard to approximate 6 seconds in a conversation, but I want to be fair in case this comes to violence and Koh clearly earned the advantage with that roll.))
Walben Wobblekettle
 player, 30 posts
Fri 20 Jan 2017
at 04:15
The Wanderings of Wobblekettle
In reply to DM (msg # 87):

im sorry i missed Koh's post using my phone and not the computer}

"Deal he puts 12 more coins down and say ok scram"

He looks at Koh with wings "You got wings"???

shaken his head he looks through the stuff to take inventory,also keeping one eye on the Fey.
DM
 GM, 44 posts
Fri 20 Jan 2017
at 04:52
The Wanderings of Wobblekettle
In reply to Walben Wobblekettle (msg # 88):

((no worries, your post just before her post would be perfect, with the that's why I brought her and then her snapping lol.  Good stuff guys!))

Letting the sickle drop, the braver of the pair fills the pouch with Walben's coins.  He takes a quick look around and then says, "Ok, we're going!" Torn between heading past Taboo and the enraged swordswoman, he chooses a third option and darts under the tree that the more apprehensive one was climbing.  He quickly vanishes from sight but Koh and Walben can hear them scurrying through the underbrush beyond the tree.  Unable to help himself, the talker shouts in his raspy high-pitched voice, "Let's get outta here Jobri! We got dem suckas shinies!"  They both laugh maniacally as they race away from the scene.

Taking stock of the haul, Walben can see that he has made out fairly well. While Walben is taking inventory of his newly obtained goods, Koh searches around and finds the pony tied to the other side of the tree that the cart was stashed beneath.  It is a little worse for wear, but essentially unharmed.

The sickle is clearly of remarkable quality and easily worth ten times what he paid for it.  Walben even thinks he could probably wield it reasonably well with both hands, although in one hand it feels heavy and awkward. As he starts removing the stash from the hollowed out trunk he can see that there are seven bottles of wine, two of an elven vintage judging from the containers.  Also, there are two small casks of mead, two small casks of beer, three bottles of brandy and a bottle of fey liquor that he is familiar with called Mistbreath that the fey from Thousand Voices are fond of.  Finally, digging through the stash of booze, he finds below ten jars of jams and preserves and a small pouch.  The pouch holds all manner of odd items.  There is a broken wooden comb, four dog teeth, a tiny carving of a snake in some sort of smooth stone, two brass buttons, and a doeskin glove sized for an elf or a human woman.

In the cart a spool of bailing twine peeks out from under a couple split logs of wood that apparently Baris didn't get a chance to unload before he was assaulted by these hooligans.

This message was last edited by the GM at 14:42, Fri 20 Jan 2017.

DM
 GM, 45 posts
Fri 20 Jan 2017
at 05:01
The Wanderings of Wobblekettle
In reply to DM (msg # 89):

Experience points

Scrigs x2=CR1 each (400x2)=800
Saving Baris=CR1/2 (200)=200
1000/2= 500XP each

Lost: Walben-22gp (deducted from character sheet by DM)

Gained:
Masterwork cold iron sickle (size M) (retail value 312 gp, resale ~155gp)
Various and sundry goods, value tbd.

This message was last edited by the GM at 05:18, Fri 20 Jan 2017.

DM
 GM, 46 posts
Fri 20 Jan 2017
at 13:01
The Wanderings of Wobblekettle
In reply to DM (msg # 89):

((Also, it just occurred to me that I might have assumed too much that both Koh and Walben were going to just let them go.  If I have written too far ahead and you have different intentions, just let me know and I can edit things back to where you want them to be and we can go from there.  If you need me to go back, let me know, if not and we're good, cool.  That goes for any posts. Just let me know if I  take you some place you don't want to be in the narrative, and I can edit back to that point.))
Walben Wobblekettle
 player, 31 posts
Fri 20 Jan 2017
at 19:48
The Wanderings of Wobblekettle
In reply to DM (msg # 91):

Walben is very familiar with fey and he knows they have a very different outlook then others

So he is willing to let them go because sometimes messing with fey can get dangerous.

        he will hook up the horse to the cart and load everything in the back and head to the farm

to return the cart with the wood and his horse.

This message was last edited by the player at 22:12, Fri 20 Jan 2017.

Koh
 player, 19 posts
Sat 21 Jan 2017
at 06:45
The Wanderings of Wobblekettle
In reply to Walben Wobblekettle (msg # 92):

Koh watched as they scurried away leaving behind everything if it came to it Koh would have attacked but seeing they are really cowards she let them go. Folding her wings back up and covering them now with her cloak she looked to Wally-kins. "You gave them too much." She told him sheathing her swords and then checking on her wing. It hurt, but she could handle it for now. "And clearly Koh has wings you can see them silly Wally-kins." She says as she lifts up the  scythe and looks it over. "This Moon blade looks quite interesting." She add's it to the cart as they head back to the farm. "Baris happy we return this. Beastie happy to return to nice person not stupid fay."
Walben Wobblekettle
 player, 32 posts
Sat 21 Jan 2017
at 18:10
The Wanderings of Wobblekettle
In reply to Koh (msg # 93):

Koh do you have demon blood in your family besides wings do you have a tail ?

He see's her wince in pain "I can heal you if you want" ?

{heal=8}
DM
 GM, 54 posts
Sun 22 Jan 2017
at 05:42
The Wanderings of Wobblekettle
In reply to Walben Wobblekettle (msg # 94):

13:09, Yesterday: Walben Wobblekettle rolled 8 using 1d8+4.  heal koh.

Walben can feel the power of the forest flow through him as he tentatively touches a dark feather on Koh's wing. Instinctively she pulls back from the touch of Walben's hand, but she feels the warmth of a sunny morning before it instantly fades. Although her wing is still grouchy, her wrist and the sting of the bolt which scathed her yesterday abates. Walben seems pleased. The soft feel of the feather reminded him of a soft bed of mossy ferns he would lay upon in Thousand Voices while gazing up at the sky from between the trees. Perhaps it felt a bit like home.

This message was last edited by the GM at 05:44, Sun 22 Jan 2017.