Chapter 07: The Birth of a Nation.   Posted by DM.Group: archive 0
DM
 GM, 451 posts
Tue 2 Oct 2018
at 17:42
07: The Birth of a Nation
In reply to DM (msg # 37):

Forty Fourth Session, Played on Fantasy Grounds, September 26th, 2018

The date is Starday, 30th of Rova, 4711 Age of Lost Omens

They set out before the sun came up and rowed their boats across the lake to the shores of Candlemere Island.  Using team work and their ability to fly, the group hauled the boats to the island up a 30 foot cliff and then set out through one of the several channels that cut through the island.  The trek only took about 15 minutes and soon they were at the observatory, their end goal finally in sight.  They entered the observatory and began making preparations to drop an indigo gem into the slot at the center of the stone that was carved in the center of the observatory's floor.

Effect ['Mage Armor; AC: 4'] -> [to Walben Wobblekettle]
Walben Wobblekettle: Mage Armor

Walben Wobblekettle: [CAST] Protection from Evil [at Taboo]
Walben Wobblekettle: [CAST] Protection from Evil
Walben Wobblekettle: Protection from Evil

Walben Wobblekettle: [CAST] Longstrider [at Taboo]
Walben Wobblekettle: [CAST] Longstrider
Walben Wobblekettle: Longstrider

Effect ['ATK: 1'] -> [to Taboo] [by Ayami Biksen]
Effect ['ATK: 1'] -> [to Calex Shadowbourne] [by Ayami Biksen]
Effect ['ATK: 1'] -> [to Ayami Biksen]
Effect ['ATK: 1'] -> [to Lomman Stormchest] [by Ayami Biksen]
Effect ['ATK: 1'] -> [to Walben Wobblekettle] [by Ayami Biksen]
Effect ['ATK: 1'] -> [to Koh] [by Ayami Biksen]
Ayami Biksen: Bless

Walben Wobblekettle: [CAST] Protection from Evil [at Lomman Stormchest]
Walben Wobblekettle: Protection from Evil

As they were preparing themselves, Ayami channelled the spirts of the island to aid them against what was to appear, while Walben cast warded them against evil and mind control.  As he was doing so on Lomman, he heard Koh shout out from her perch high above in the machinery.

Calex Shadowbourne: [INIT] [1d20+7 = 8]
Perlivash: [INIT] [1d20+3 = 16]
Ayami Biksen: [INIT] [1d20+2 = 19]
Lomman Stormchest: [INIT] [1d20+1 = 19]
Walben Wobblekettle: [INIT] [1d20+10 = 22]
Taboo: [INIT] [1d20+3 = 15]
Koh: [INIT] [1d20+3 = 9]

[ROUND 1]

[TURN] Will-o'-Wisp 1


Will-o'-Wisp 1: [ATTACK (M)] Shock [TOUCH] [CA] [EFFECTS +2] [1d20+18 = 27]
Attack [27] -> [at Koh] [DEF EFFECTS -2] [HIT]
Will-o'-Wisp 1: [DAMAGE (M)] Shock [TYPE: electricity (2d8=9)] [2d8 = 9]
Damage [9] -> [to Koh] [STATUS: Wounded]

As Koh perched on a stationary part of the machine that orbited the observatory, she felt a familiar jolt of power as a wisp appeared.

[TURN] Will-o'-Wisp 2

Will-o'-Wisp 2: [ATTACK (M)] Shock [TOUCH] [CA] [EFFECTS +2] [1d20+18 = 33]
Attack [33] -> [at Taboo] [DEF EFFECTS -3] [HIT]
Will-o'-Wisp 2: [DAMAGE (M)] Shock [TYPE: electricity (2d8=6)] [2d8 = 6]
Damage [6] -> [to Taboo] [STATUS: Wounded]

Another appeared next to Taboo after jolting the tiger.

[TURN] Will-o'-Wisp 3

Will-o'-Wisp 3: [ATTACK (M)] Shock [TOUCH] [CA] [EFFECTS +2] [1d20+18 = 31]
Attack [31] -> [at Calex Shadowbourne] [DEF EFFECTS -5] [HIT]
Will-o'-Wisp 3: [DAMAGE (M)] Shock [TYPE: electricity (2d8=13)] [2d8 = 13]
Damage [8] -> [to Calex Shadowbourne] [PARTIALLY RESISTED] [STATUS: Wounded]

Before he could react, Calex felt a jolt of energy that was powerful enough to break through his natural resistance to electricity.

[ROUND 2]

[TURN] Will-o'-Wisp 1

Will-o'-Wisp 1: [ATTACK (M)] Shock [TOUCH] [CA] [EFFECTS +2] [1d20+18 = 26]
Attack [26] -> [at Koh] [DEF EFFECTS -2] [HIT]
Will-o'-Wisp 1: [DAMAGE (M)] Shock [TYPE: electricity (2d8=11)] [2d8 = 11]
Damage [11] -> [to Koh]

Koh felt another bolt of power surge through her armor as the wisp winked out of sight.

[TURN] Walben Wobblekettle - [Bond to the Land 11(Forrest); AC: 2 | Mage Armor; AC: 4 | ATK: 1; [D: 70] | Island Curse P1; ATK: -1 morale; SAVE: -1; SKILL: -1]

Walben Wobblekettle: [ATTACK (R)] Wand of Acid Arrow [TOUCH] [EFFECTS] [1d20+8 = 13]
Attack [13] -> [at Will-o'-Wisp 2] [MISS]

Walben quickly grabbed his wand from his belt and fired an acid bolt at the wisp near Taboo, but the bolt flew harmlessly past.


[TURN] Ayami Biksen - [Island Curse P1; ATK: -1 morale; SAVE: -1; SKILL: -1 | ATK: 1; [D: 70]]

Ayami Biksen: [CAST] Resist Energy [at Taboo]
Ayami Biksen: Resist Energy

Ayami, right behind Taboo, warded the cat from electrical attacks.

[TURN] Lomman Stormchest - [DMG: 1d10 | Power Attack (one handed); ATK: -2 melee; CMB: -2 melee; DMG: 4 melee | ATK: 1; [D: 70] | Protection from Evil (should only apply against evil creatures); AC: 2 deflection; SAVE: 2 resistance; [D: 67]]

Lomman Stormchest: Power Attack
Lomman Stormchest: [ATTACK (M)] Waraxe, dwarven [EFFECTS -1] [1d20+11 = 13]
Attack [13] -> [at Will-o'-Wisp 2] [MISS]

Lomman moved to join Taboo against the wisp and wound up for a mighty swing, missing badly.

[TURN] Will-o'-Wisp 2

Will-o'-Wisp 2: [ATTACK (M)] Shock [TOUCH] [CA] [EFFECTS +2] [1d20+18 = 20]
Attack [20] -> [at Taboo] [DEF EFFECTS -1] [HIT]
Will-o'-Wisp 2: [DAMAGE (M)] Shock [TYPE: electricity (2d8=10)] [2d8 = 10]
Damage [0] -> [to Taboo] [RESISTED]

The wisp next to Taboo bounced into the cat, but the burst of energy just washed over the cat like a thin layer of light. The wisp winked out of sight.

[TURN] Perlivash

Perlivash:  [1d100 = 88]
Perlivash flew up into the machinery and kept watch on the situation, hiding.

[TURN] Taboo - [ATK: 1; [D: 70] | Protection from Evil (should only apply against evil creatures); AC: 2 deflection; SAVE: 2 resistance; [D: 69] | RESIST: 10 electricity; [D: 70]]

Taboo: [ATTACK (M)] bite [MOD:DEX] [EFFECTS +1] [1d20+12 = 17]
Attack [17] -> [at Will-o'-Wisp 3] [MISS] [MISS CHANCE 50%]
Taboo: [ATTACK (M)] claw [MOD:DEX] [FULL] [EFFECTS +1] [1d20+11 = 25]
Attack [25] -> [at Will-o'-Wisp 3] [MISS] [MISS CHANCE 50%]
Taboo: [ATTACK #2 (M)] claw [MOD:DEX] [FULL] [EFFECTS +1] [1d20+6 = 10]
Attack [10] -> [at Will-o'-Wisp 3] [MISS] [MISS CHANCE 50%]

Taboo pawed at the area where he last saw the wisp, but was unable to find it.

[TURN] Will-o'-Wisp 3

Will-o'-Wisp 3: [ATTACK (M)] Shock [TOUCH] [CA] [EFFECTS +2] [1d20+18 = 25]
Attack [25] -> [at Calex Shadowbourne] [DEF EFFECTS -5] [HIT]
Will-o'-Wisp 3: [DAMAGE (M)] Shock [TYPE: electricity (2d8=14)] [2d8 = 14]
Damage [9] -> [to Calex Shadowbourne] [PARTIALLY RESISTED]

Calex felt another strong surge of electricity jolt him just as the wisp vanished from sight.

[TURN] Koh - [ATK: 1; [D: 70] | Island Curse P1; ATK: -1 morale; SAVE: -1; SKILL: -1]

Koh: [ATTACK (M)] +1 Falcata (Main) [CRIT 19] [EFFECTS] [1d20+9 = 17]
Attack [17] -> [at Will-o'-Wisp 1] [MISS] [MISS CHANCE 50%]
Koh: [ATTACK (M)] +1 Falcata (Off) [CRIT 19] [EFFECTS] [1d20+9 = 28]
Attack [28] -> [at Will-o'-Wisp 1] [CRITICAL THREAT]
Koh: [ATTACK (M)] +1 Falcata (Off) [CRIT 19] [EFFECTS] [CONFIRM][MISS CHANCE 50%] [1d20+9 = 13]
Attack [13] -> [at Will-o'-Wisp 1] [CRIT NOT CONFIRMED] [MISS CHANCE 50%]
Koh: [ATTACK (M)] +1 Falcata (Off) [CRIT 19] [EFFECTS] [CONFIRM][MISS CHANCE 50%] [AC 26] [MISS CHANCE 50%] [MISS] [1d100 = 31]
Koh: [ATTACK #2 (M)] +1 Falcata (Single) [CRIT 19] [EFFECTS] [1d20+7 = 26]
Attack [26] -> [at Will-o'-Wisp 1] [CRITICAL THREAT]
Koh: [ATTACK #2 (M)] +1 Falcata (Single) [CRIT 19] [EFFECTS] [CONFIRM][MISS CHANCE 50%] [1d20+7 = 11]
Attack [11] -> [at Will-o'-Wisp 1] [CRIT NOT CONFIRMED] [MISS CHANCE 50%]
Koh: [ATTACK #2 (M)] +1 Falcata (Single) [CRIT 19] [EFFECTS] [CONFIRM][MISS CHANCE 50%] [AC 26] [MISS CHANCE 50%] [HIT] [1d100 = 86]
Koh: [DAMAGE (M)] +1 Falcata (Single) [TYPE: slashing, magic (1d8+5=8)] [1d8+5 = 8]
Damage [8] -> [to Will-o'-Wisp 1] [STATUS: Wounded]

Koh spun her blades in a deadly arc that managed to strike the unseen wisp.

[TURN] Calex Shadowbourne - [ATK: 1; [D: 70] | Fiendish Resistance; RESIST: 5 cold; RESIST: 5 fire; RESIST: 5 electricity]

Calex Shadowbourne: [CONCENTRATION] [MOD:INT] [+2] [1d20+13 = 22]
Calex Shadowbourne: [ATTACK (M)] +1 Cold Iron Scimitar (1H) [MOD:DEX] [CRIT 15] [EFFECTS +1] [+2] [1d20+14 = 27]
Calex Shadowbourne: [ATTACK (M)] +1 Cold Iron Scimitar (1H) [MOD:DEX] [CRIT 15] [EFFECTS +1] [1d20+12 = 32]
Calex Shadowbourne: [ATTACK (M)] +1 Cold Iron Scimitar (1H) [MOD:DEX] [CRIT 15] [EFFECTS +1] [CONFIRM] [1d20+12 = 16]

Calex swung at the invisible wisp but could not find where it had darted to.

[ROUND 3]

[TURN] Will-o'-Wisp 1


Will-o'-Wisp 1: [ATTACK (M)] Shock [TOUCH] [CA] [EFFECTS +2] [1d20+18 = 34]
Attack [34] -> [at Koh] [DEF EFFECTS -2] [HIT]
Will-o'-Wisp 1: [DAMAGE (M)] Shock [TYPE: electricity (2d8=14)] [2d8 = 14]
Damage [14] -> [to Koh]

Koh saw the wisp just as it reappeared and blasted her with a jolt of power.

[TURN] Walben Wobblekettle - [Bond to the Land 11(Forrest); AC: 2 | Mage Armor; AC: 4 | ATK: 1; [D: 69] | Protection from Evil (should only apply against evil creatures); AC: 2 deflection; SAVE: 2 resistance; [D: 67] | Island Curse P1; ATK: -1 morale; SAVE: -1; SKILL: -1]

Walben Wobblekettle: [ATTACK (R)] Wand of Acid Arrow [TOUCH] [EFFECTS] [1d20+8 = 23]
Attack [23] -> [at Will-o'-Wisp 1] [MISS] [MISS CHANCE 50%]

Walben fired another arrow of acid from the wand, missing the wisp battling with Koh.

[TURN] Ayami Biksen - [Island Curse P1; ATK: -1 morale; SAVE: -1; SKILL: -1 | ATK: 1; [D: 69]]

Ayami crossed the chamber, eager to get away from the fray.

[TURN] Will-o'-Wisp 2

Will-o'-Wisp 2: [ATTACK (M)] Shock [TOUCH] [CA] [EFFECTS +2] [1d20+18 = 31]
Attack [31] -> [at Ayami Biksen] [DEF EFFECTS -2] [HIT]
Will-o'-Wisp 2: [DAMAGE (M)] Shock [TYPE: electricity (2d8=8)] [2d8 = 8]
Damage [8] -> [to Ayami Biksen] [STATUS: Wounded]

Darting across the chamber, Ayami ran almost directly into an invisible wisp that jolted her with a burst of electricity.

[TURN] Lomman Stormchest - [DMG: 1d10 | Power Attack (one handed); ATK: -2 melee; CMB: -2 melee; DMG: 4 melee | ATK: 1; [D: 69] | Protection from Evil (should only apply against evil creatures); AC: 2 deflection; SAVE: 2 resistance; [D: 66]]

Lomman Stormchest: [ATTACK (M)] Waraxe, dwarven [EFFECTS -1] [1d20+11 = 25]
Attack [25] -> [at Will-o'-Wisp 2] [MISS]
Lomman Stormchest: [DAMAGE (M)] Waraxe, dwarven [EFFECTS +4] [TYPE: slashing (1d10+10=14)] [1d10+10 = 14]
Damage [14] -> [to Will-o'-Wisp 2] [STATUS: Wounded]

Lomman charged into flank the wisp that attacked Ayami and slashed it with his axe.

[TURN] Perlivash

GM:  [1d100 = 58]
Perlivash: [SKILL] Stealth [1d20+17 = 33]

Perlivash remained hidden as the machinery above him shifted.

[TURN] Taboo - [ATK: 1; [D: 69] | Protection from Evil (should only apply against evil creatures); AC: 2 deflection; SAVE: 2 resistance; [D: 68] | RESIST: 10 electricity; [D: 69]]

Taboo: [ATTACK (M)] bite [MOD:DEX] [EFFECTS +1] [1d20+12 = 28]
Attack [28] -> [at Will-o'-Wisp 2] [HIT]
Taboo: [ATTACK (M)] bite [MOD:DEX] [EFFECTS +1] [MISS CHANCE 50%] [MISS] [1d100 = 25]
Taboo: [ATTACK #2 (M)] claw [MOD:DEX] [FULL] [EFFECTS +1] [1d20+6 = 23]
Attack [23] -> [at Will-o'-Wisp 2] [MISS]
Taboo: [ATTACK (M)] claw [MOD:DEX] [FULL] [EFFECTS +1] [1d20+11 = 12]
Attack [12] -> [at Will-o'-Wisp 2] [AUTOMATIC MISS]
Taboo: [DAMAGE (M)] bite [TYPE: untyped (1d8+7=9)] [1d8+7 = 9]
Damage [9] -> [to Will-o'-Wisp 2]

Taboo shifted and attacked the visible wisp, managing to graze it with his great teeth.

[TURN] Will-o'-Wisp 3

Will-o'-Wisp 3: [ATTACK (M)] Shock [TOUCH] [CA] [EFFECTS +2] [1d20+18 = 38]
Attack [38] -> [at Calex Shadowbourne] [DEF EFFECTS -5] [AUTOMATIC HIT]
Will-o'-Wisp 3: [ATTACK (M)] Shock [TOUCH] [CA] [EFFECTS +2] [CONFIRM] [1d20+18 = 38]
Attack [38] -> [at Calex Shadowbourne] [CRITICAL HIT]
Will-o'-Wisp 3: [DAMAGE (M)] Shock [CRITICAL] [TYPE: electricity (2d8=9)] [TYPE: electricity,critical (2d8=9)] [2d8+2g8 = 18]
Damage [13] -> [to Calex Shadowbourne] [PARTIALLY RESISTED]

The wisp appeared near Calex after shocking him heavily and burning his shoulder.

[TURN] Koh - [ATK: 1; [D: 69] | Island Curse P1; ATK: -1 morale; SAVE: -1; SKILL: -1]

GM:  [1d100 = 40]
Koh: [ATTACK (M)] +1 Falcata (Main) [CRIT 19] [EFFECTS] [1d20+9 = 11]
Attack [11] -> [at Will-o'-Wisp 1] [MISS]
Koh: [ATTACK (M)] +1 Falcata (Off) [CRIT 19] [EFFECTS] [1d20+9 = 18]
Attack [18] -> [at Will-o'-Wisp 1] [MISS]
Koh: [ATTACK (M)] +1 Falcata (Main) [CRIT 19] [EFFECTS] [-5] [1d20+4 = 23]
Attack [23] -> [at Will-o'-Wisp 1] [MISS]

The machinery of the orrery shifted as Koh swung at the wisp, having a devil of a time striking the fast moving wisp.

[TURN] Calex Shadowbourne - [ATK: 1; [D: 69] | Fiendish Resistance; RESIST: 5 cold; RESIST: 5 fire; RESIST: 5 electricity]

Calex Shadowbourne: [CONCENTRATION] [MOD:INT] [1d20+11 = 16][SUCCESS]
Effect ['Spell Combat; ATK: -2'] -> [to Calex Shadowbourne]
Calex Shadowbourne: [ATTACK (M)] +1 Cold Iron Scimitar (1H) [MOD:DEX] [CRIT 15] [EFFECTS -1] [1d20+10 = 12]
Attack [12] -> [at Will-o'-Wisp 3] [MISS] [MISS CHANCE 50%]
Calex Shadowbourne: [ATTACK (M)] +1 Cold Iron Scimitar (1H) [MOD:DEX] [CRIT 15] [EFFECTS -1] [1d20+10 = 27]
Attack [27] -> [at Will-o'-Wisp 3] [CRITICAL THREAT]
Calex Shadowbourne: [ATTACK (M)] +1 Cold Iron Scimitar (1H) [MOD:DEX] [CRIT 15] [EFFECTS -1] [CONFIRM][1d20+10 = 23]
Attack [28] -> [at Will-o'-Wisp 3] [NOT CONFIRMED]
Calex Shadowbourne: [DAMAGE (M)] +1 Cold Iron Scimitar (1H) [TYPE: magic, cold iron, slashing (1d6+6=8)] [1d6+6 = 8]
Damage [8] -> [to Will-o'-Wisp 3] [STATUS: Wounded]

Calex slashed at the wisp and managed to strike it.

[ROUND 4]

[TURN] Will-o'-Wisp 1

Will-o'-Wisp 1: [ATTACK (M)] Shock [TOUCH] [CA] [EFFECTS +2] [1d20+18 = 33]
Attack [33] -> [at Koh] [DEF EFFECTS -2] [HIT]
Will-o'-Wisp 1: [DAMAGE (M)] Shock [TYPE: electricity (2d8=10)] [2d8 = 10]
Damage [10] -> [to Koh]

Koh, now burned in several places felt the wisp's power yet again as it winked out of sight.

[TURN] Walben Wobblekettle - [Bond to the Land 11(Forrest); AC: 2 | Mage Armor; AC: 4 | ATK: 1; [D: 68] | Protection from Evil (should only apply against evil creatures); AC: 2 deflection; SAVE: 2 resistance; [D: 66] | Island Curse P1; ATK: -1 morale; SAVE: -1; SKILL: -1]

Walben Wobblekettle: [CAST] Acid Splash [at Will-o'-Wisp 3]
Walben Wobblekettle: [ATTACK (R)] Acid Splash [TOUCH] [EFFECTS] [1d20+8 = 18]
Attack [18] -> [at Will-o'-Wisp 3] [MISS]

Walben abandoned his wand for a moment and tried to hurl a blob of acid at the wisp near Calex, missing by a good deal.

[TURN] Ayami Biksen - [Island Curse P1; ATK: -1 morale; SAVE: -1; SKILL: -1 | ATK: 1; [D: 68]]

Ayami Biksen: [CONCENTRATION] [MOD:CHA] [1d20+12 = 20]
Ayami Biksen: Shield of Faith
Ayami Bikesn: [CAST] Shield of Faith [at Ayami Biksen]
Effect ['AC: 3 deflection'] -> [to Ayami Biksen]

Ayami called on the spirits of the island to protect her from the wisps.

[TURN] Will-o'-Wisp 2

Will-o'-Wisp 2: [ATTACK (M)] Shock [TOUCH] [CA] [EFFECTS +2] [1d20+18 = 38]
Attack [38] -> [at Lomman Stormchest] [DEF EFFECTS +1] [AUTOMATIC HIT]
Will-o'-Wisp 2: [ATTACK (M)] Shock [TOUCH] [CA] [EFFECTS +2] [CONFIRM] [1d20+18 = 23]
Attack [23] -> [at Lomman Stormchest] [CRITICAL HIT]
Will-o'-Wisp 2: [DAMAGE (M)] Shock [CRITICAL] [TYPE: electricity (2d8=15)] [TYPE: electricity,critical (2d8=6)] [2d8+2g8 = 21]
Damage [21] -> [to Lomman Stormchest] [STATUS: Wounded]

Lomman felt an immense blast of power as the wisp between he and Taboo vanished from sight.

[TURN] Lomman Stormchest - [Power Attack (one handed); ATK: -2 melee; CMB: -2 melee; DMG: 4 melee | ATK: 1; [D: 68] | Protection from Evil (should only apply against evil creatures); AC: 2 deflection; SAVE: 2 resistance; [D: 65]]

Lomman Stormchest: [ATTACK #2 (M)] Waraxe, dwarven [FULL] [EFFECTS -1] [1d20+6 = 12]
Lomman Stormchest: [ATTACK (M)] Waraxe, dwarven [FULL] [EFFECTS -1] [1d20+11 = 26]
GM: [ATTACK (M)] Waraxe, dwarven [FULL] [EFFECTS -1] [26]
Attack [26] -> [at Will-o'-Wisp 2] [HIT] [MISS CHANCE 50%]
GM: [ATTACK (M)] Waraxe, dwarven [FULL] [EFFECTS -1] [MISS CHANCE 50%] [HIT] [1d100 = 65]
Lomman Stormchest: [DAMAGE (M)] Waraxe, dwarven [EFFECTS +4] [TYPE: slashing (1d10+10=18)] [1d10+10 = 18]
GM: [DAMAGE (M)] Waraxe, dwarven [EFFECTS +4] [TYPE: slashing (18)] [18]
Damage [18] -> [to Will-o'-Wisp 2] [STATUS: Heavy]

Lomman swung his axe just as the wisp dissappeared and he felt something beneath his axe.

[TURN] Perlivash

Perlivash remained hidden in his perch.

[TURN] Taboo - [ATK: 1; [D: 68] | Protection from Evil (should only apply against evil creatures); AC: 2 deflection; SAVE: 2 resistance; [D: 67] | RESIST: 10 electricity; [D: 68]]

Taboo: [ATTACK (M)] bite [MOD:DEX] [EFFECTS +1] [1d20+12 = 32][CRITICAL THREAT]
Taboo: [ATTACK (M)] bite [MOD:DEX] [EFFECTS +1] [CONFIRM] [1d20+12 = 26][CONFIRMED]
Taboo: [ATTACK #2 (M)] claw [MOD:DEX] [FULL] [EFFECTS +1] [1d20+6 = 25][MISS]
Taboo: [ATTACK (M)] claw [MOD:DEX] [FULL] [EFFECTS +1] [1d20+11 = 12][MISS]
GM: [ATTACK (M)] bite [MOD:DEX] [EFFECTS +1] [32]
Attack [32] -> [at Will-o'-Wisp 2] [HIT] [MISS CHANCE 50%]
Taboo: [DAMAGE (M)] bite [TYPE: untyped (1d8+7=12)] [1d8+7 = 12]
Taboo: [DAMAGE (M)] bite [TYPE: untyped (1d8+7=9)] [1d8+7 = 9]
GM: [DAMAGE (M)] bite [TYPE: untyped (12)] [12]
Damage [12] -> [to Will-o'-Wisp 2]
GM: [DAMAGE (M)] bite [TYPE: untyped (9)] [9]
Damage [9] -> [to Will-o'-Wisp 2]

Taboo followed suit and clamped down on the unseen wisp for an instant as the wisp burst free, but was badly wounded.

[TURN] Will-o'-Wisp 3

Will-o'-Wisp 3: [ATTACK (M)] Shock [TOUCH] [CA] [EFFECTS +2] [1d20+18 = 38]
Attack [38] -> [at Calex Shadowbourne] [DEF EFFECTS -5] [AUTOMATIC HIT]
Will-o'-Wisp 3: [ATTACK (M)] Shock [TOUCH] [CA] [EFFECTS +2] [CONFIRM] [1d20+18 = 19]
Attack [19] -> [at Calex Shadowbourne] [CRIT NOT CONFIRMED]
Will-o'-Wisp 3: [DAMAGE (M)] Shock [TYPE: electricity (2d8=8)] [2d8 = 8]
Damage [3] -> [to Calex Shadowbourne] [PARTIALLY RESISTED]

Calex saw the wisp come into view as he felt a minor shock.  The wisp then began to move across the room.

Calex Shadowbourne: [ATTACK (M)] +1 Cold Iron Scimitar (1H) [MOD:DEX] [CRIT 15] [1d20+10 = 26]
Attack [25] -> [at Will-o'-Wisp 3] [HIT]
Calex Shadowbourne: [DAMAGE (M)] +1 Cold Iron Scimitar (1H) [TYPE: magic, cold iron, slashing (1d6+6=11)] [1d6+6 = 11]
Damage [11] -> [to Will-o'-Wisp 3]
GM: [DAMAGE (M)] +1 Cold Iron Scimitar (1H) [TYPE: magic, cold iron, slashing (11)] [11]
Damage [11] -> [to Will-o'-Wisp 3]

Calex struck the wisp just as it moved away from him and it continued to move across the room.

[TURN] Koh - [ATK: 1; [D: 68] | Island Curse P1; ATK: -1 morale; SAVE: -1; SKILL: -1]

GM:  [1d100 = 85]
Koh: [ATTACK (M)] +1 Falcata (Main) [CRIT 19] [EFFECTS] [1d20+9 = 27]
Attack [27] -> [at Will-o'-Wisp 1] [HIT] [MISS CHANCE 50%]
Koh: [ATTACK (M)] +1 Falcata (Main) [CRIT 19] [EFFECTS] [MISS CHANCE 50%] [HIT] [1d100 = 84]
Koh: [DAMAGE (M)] +1 Falcata (Main) [TYPE: slashing, magic (1d8+6=9)] [1d8+6 = 9]
Damage [9] -> [to Will-o'-Wisp 1]
Koh: [ATTACK (M)] Cold Iron Falcata (Off) [CRIT 19] [EFFECTS] [1d20+9 = 10]
Attack [10] -> [at Will-o'-Wisp 1] [AUTOMATIC MISS] [MISS CHANCE 50%]
Koh: [ATTACK #2 (M)] +1 Falcata (Main) [CRIT 19] [EFFECTS] [1d20+3 = 8]
Attack [8] -> [at Will-o'-Wisp 1] [MISS] [MISS CHANCE 50%]

Koh managed a strike against the invisible wisp.

[TURN] Calex Shadowbourne - [ATK: 1; [D: 68] | Fiendish Resistance; RESIST: 5 cold; RESIST: 5 fire; RESIST: 5 electricity]

Calex Shadowbourne: [SKILL] Acrobatics [1d20+5 = 17]
Effect ['Charge; ATK: 2; AC: -2'] -> [to Calex Shadowbourne]
Calex Shadowbourne: [ATTACK (M)] +1 Cold Iron Scimitar (1H) [MOD:DEX] [CRIT 15] [EFFECTS +3] [1d20+14 = 24]
Attack [24] -> [at Will-o'-Wisp 3] [MISS]

Calex darted after the wisp and swung his blade, narrowly missing his quarry.

[ROUND 5]

[TURN] Will-o'-Wisp 1
Will-o'-Wisp 1: [ATTACK (M)] Shock [TOUCH] [CA] [EFFECTS +2] [1d20+18 = 23]
Attack [23] -> [at Koh] [DEF EFFECTS -2] [HIT]
Will-o'-Wisp 1: [DAMAGE (M)] Shock [TYPE: electricity (2d8=3)] [2d8 = 3]
Damage [3] -> [to Koh] [STATUS: Heavy]

Koh saw the wisp appear as she moved with the electrical surge, minimizing the damage.

[TURN] Walben Wobblekettle - [Bond to the Land 11(Forrest); AC: 2 | Mage Armor; AC: 4 | ATK: 1; [D: 67] | Protection from Evil (should only apply against evil creatures); AC: 2 deflection; SAVE: 2 resistance; [D: 65] | Island Curse P1; ATK: -1 morale; SAVE: -1; SKILL: -1]

Walben Wobblekettle: [CAST] Acid Splash [at Will-o'-Wisp 3]
Walben Wobblekettle: [ATTACK (R)] Acid Splash [TOUCH] [EFFECTS] [1d20+8 = 10]

Walben continued to hurl acid unsuccessfully.

[TURN] Ayami Biksen - [Island Curse P1; ATK: -1 morale; SAVE: -1; SKILL: -1 | ATK: 1; [D: 67] | AC: 3 deflection]

Ayami Biksen: Cure Serious Wounds
Ayami Biksen: [HEAL] Cure Serious Wounds [3d8+6 = 22]
Heal [21] -> [to Lomman Stormchest] [STATUS: Healthy]

Ayami moved around the fray and touched Lomman with a healing hand, looking up worriedly at Koh who had also sustained heavy damage.

[TURN] Will-o'-Wisp 2

Will-o'-Wisp 2: [ATTACK (M)] Shock [TOUCH] [CA] [EFFECTS +2] [1d20+18 = 37]
Attack [37] -> [at Taboo] [DEF EFFECTS -1] [HIT]
Will-o'-Wisp 2: [DAMAGE (M)] Shock [TYPE: electricity (2d8=12)] [2d8 = 12]
Damage [2] -> [to Taboo] [PARTIALLY RESISTED]

Taboo felt a jolt of energy, but it was abosorbed by the spiritual shield that Ayami placed on him. The wisp then appeared.

[TURN] Lomman Stormchest - [Power Attack (one handed); ATK: -2 melee; CMB: -2 melee; DMG: 4 melee | ATK: 1; [D: 67] | Protection from Evil (should only apply against evil creatures); AC: 2 deflection; SAVE: 2 resistance; [D: 64]]
Effect ['DMG: 1d10'] -> [to Lomman Stormchest]


Lomman Stormchest: [ATTACK (M)] Waraxe, dwarven [1d20+12 = 18]
Lomman Stormchest: [ATTACK (M)] Waraxe, dwarven [EFFECTS -1] [1d20+11 = 25]

Lomman swung his axe where the wisp last was, but it moved so quickly he could not strike it.

[TURN] Perlivash

[TURN] Taboo - [ATK: 1; [D: 67] | Protection from Evil (should only apply against evil creatures); AC: 2 deflection; SAVE: 2 resistance; [D: 66] | RESIST: 10 electricity; [D: 67]]


Taboo: [ATTACK (M)] bite [MOD:DEX] [EFFECTS +1] [1d20+12 = 26]
Taboo: [ATTACK #2 (M)] claw [MOD:DEX] [FULL] [EFFECTS +1] [1d20+6 = 14]
Taboo: [ATTACK (M)] claw [MOD:DEX] [FULL] [EFFECTS +1] [1d20+11 = 24]
Taboo: [DAMAGE (M)] bite [TYPE: untyped (1d8+7=8)] [1d8+7 = 8]
GM: [DAMAGE (M)] bite [TYPE: untyped (8)] [8]
Damage [8] -> [to Will-o'-Wisp 2]

Taboo managed to wound it again with another bite.

[TURN] Will-o'-Wisp 3

Will-o'-Wisp 3: [ATTACK (M)] Shock [TOUCH] [CA] [EFFECTS +2] [1d20+18 = 25]
Attack [25] -> [at Calex Shadowbourne] [DEF EFFECTS -7] [HIT]
Will-o'-Wisp 3: [DAMAGE (M)] Shock [TYPE: electricity (2d8=5)] [2d8 = 5]
Damage [0] -> [to Calex Shadowbourne] [RESISTED]

Calex felt the wisp brush against him, but not the surge of electricity.

[TURN] Koh - [ATK: 1; [D: 67] | Island Curse P1; ATK: -1 morale; SAVE: -1; SKILL: -1]

Koh: [ATTACK #2 (M)] +1 Falcata (Main) [CRIT 19] [FULL] [EFFECTS] [1d20+3 = 14]
Attack [14] -> [at Will-o'-Wisp 1] [MISS] [MISS CHANCE 50%]
Koh: [ATTACK (M)] +1 Falcata (Main) [CRIT 19] [FULL] [EFFECTS] [1d20+9 = 10]
Attack [10] -> [at Will-o'-Wisp 1] [AUTOMATIC MISS] [MISS CHANCE 50%]
Koh: [ATTACK (M)] Cold Iron Falcata (Off) [CRIT 19] [EFFECTS] [1d20+9 = 24]
Attack [24] -> [at Will-o'-Wisp 1] [MISS] [MISS CHANCE 50%]

Koh continued to struggle to land blows on the elusive wisp.

[TURN] Calex Shadowbourne - [ATK: 1; [D: 67] | Fiendish Resistance; RESIST: 5 cold; RESIST: 5 fire; RESIST: 5 electricity]

Calex Shadowbourne: [ATTACK (M)] +1 Cold Iron Scimitar (1H) [MOD:DEX] [CRIT 15] [EFFECTS +1] [1d20+12 = 30]
Calex Shadowbourne: [ATTACK (M)] +1 Cold Iron Scimitar (1H) [MOD:DEX] [CRIT 15] [EFFECTS +1] [CONFIRM] [1d20+12 = 21]
GM: [ATTACK (M)] +1 Cold Iron Scimitar (1H) [MOD:DEX] [CRIT 15] [EFFECTS +1] [30]
Attack [30] -> [at Will-o'-Wisp 3] [HIT] [MISS CHANCE 50%]
GM: [ATTACK (M)] +1 Cold Iron Scimitar (1H) [MOD:DEX] [CRIT 15] [EFFECTS +1] [MISS CHANCE 50%] [HIT] [1d100 = 81]
Calex Shadowbourne: [DAMAGE (M)] +1 Cold Iron Scimitar (1H) [CRITICAL] [TYPE: magic, cold iron, slashing (1d6+6=11)] [TYPE: magic, cold iron, slashing,critical (1d6+6=10)]

Calex landed a strike on the invisible wisp.

[ROUND 6]

[TURN] Will-o'-Wisp 1

Will-o'-Wisp 1: [ATTACK (M)] Shock [TOUCH] [CA] [EFFECTS +2] [1d20+18 = 20]
Attack [20] -> [at Koh] [DEF EFFECTS -2] [HIT]
Will-o'-Wisp 1: [DAMAGE (M)] Shock [TYPE: electricity (2d8=14)] [2d8 = 14]
Damage [14] -> [to Koh]

Koh could feel her limbs going numb with the energy bursts that were damaging her heavily.

[TURN] Walben Wobblekettle - [Bond to the Land 11(Forrest); AC: 2 | Mage Armor; AC: 4 | ATK: 1; [D: 66] | Protection from Evil (should only apply against evil creatures); AC: 2 deflection; SAVE: 2 resistance; [D: 64] | Island Curse P1; ATK: -1 morale; SAVE: -1; SKILL: -1]

Walben Wobblekettle: [CAST] Acid Splash [at Will-o'-Wisp 2]
Walben Wobblekettle: [ATTACK (R)] Acid Splash [TOUCH] [EFFECTS] [1d20+8 = 21]
Attack [21] -> [at Will-o'-Wisp 2] [MISS] [MISS CHANCE 50%]

Walben continued to fruitlessly hurl acid.

[TURN] Ayami Biksen - [Island Curse P1; ATK: -1 morale; SAVE: -1; SKILL: -1 | ATK: 1; [D: 66] | AC: 3 deflection]

Ayami Biksen: [ATTACK (M)] Dagger [CRIT 19] [EFFECTS] [1d20+3 = 18]

Ayami waved her dagger at the wisp she knew was around and tried to distract it.

[TURN] Will-o'-Wisp 2

Will-o'-Wisp 2: [ATTACK (M)] Shock [TOUCH] [CA] [EFFECTS +2] [1d20+18 = 37]
Attack [37] -> [at Lomman Stormchest] [DEF EFFECTS +1] [HIT]
Will-o'-Wisp 2: [DAMAGE (M)] Shock [TYPE: electricity (2d8=7)] [2d8 = 7]
Damage [7] -> [to Lomman Stormchest] [STATUS: Wounded]

Lomman felt a surge of energy and then the wisp appeared before him.

[TURN] Lomman Stormchest - [Power Attack (one handed); ATK: -2 melee; CMB: -2 melee; DMG: 4 melee | ATK: 1; [D: 66] | Protection from Evil (should only apply against evil creatures); AC: 2 deflection; SAVE: 2 resistance; [D: 63] | DMG: 1d10]

Effect ['DMG: 1d10'] -> [to Lomman Stormchest]
Lomman Stormchest: [ATTACK (M)] Waraxe, dwarven [EFFECTS -1] [+2] [1d20+13 = 18]

Lomman wound up with a mighty swing, but was unable to kill the wisp.

[TURN] Perlivash

[TURN] Taboo - [ATK: 1; [D: 66] | Protection from Evil (should only apply against evil creatures); AC: 2 deflection; SAVE: 2 resistance; [D: 65] | RESIST: 10 electricity; [D: 66]]

[TURN] Will-o'-Wisp 3

Will-o'-Wisp 3: [ATTACK (M)] Shock [TOUCH] [CA] [EFFECTS +2] [1d20+18 = 26]
Attack [26] -> [at Ayami Biksen] [DEF EFFECTS +1] [HIT]
Will-o'-Wisp 3: [DAMAGE (M)] Shock [TYPE: electricity (2d8=7)] [2d8 = 7]
Damage [7] -> [to Ayami Biksen]

Ayami felt a burst of energy as a wisp appeared near her.

[TURN] Koh - [ATK: 1; [D: 66] | Island Curse P1; ATK: -1 morale; SAVE: -1; SKILL: -1]

Koh: [ATTACK (M)] +1 Falcata (Off) [CRIT 19] [EFFECTS] [1d20+9 = 25]
Attack [25] -> [at Will-o'-Wisp 1] [MISS] [MISS CHANCE 50%]
Koh: [ATTACK (M)] +1 Falcata (Main) [CRIT 19] [EFFECTS] [1d20+9 = 11]
Attack [11] -> [at Will-o'-Wisp 1] [MISS] [MISS CHANCE 50%]
Koh: [ATTACK #2 (M)] +1 Falcata (Single) [CRIT 19] [EFFECTS] [1d20+7 = 23]
Attack [23] -> [at Will-o'-Wisp 1] [MISS] [MISS CHANCE 50%]

Koh continued to struggle against the wisp.

[TURN] Calex Shadowbourne - [ATK: 1; [D: 66] | Fiendish Resistance; RESIST: 5 cold; RESIST: 5 fire; RESIST: 5 electricity]

Calex Shadowbourne: [ATTACK (M)] +1 Cold Iron Scimitar (1H) [MOD:DEX] [CRIT 15] [EFFECTS +1] [+2] [1d20+14 = 27]
Attack [27] -> [at Will-o'-Wisp 3] [HIT] [MISS CHANCE 50%]
Calex Shadowbourne: [DAMAGE (M)] +1 Cold Iron Scimitar (1H) [TYPE: magic, cold iron, slashing (1d6+6=10)] [1d6+6 = 10]
Damage [10] -> [to Will-o'-Wisp 3]

Calex continued to follow his foe and he struck it with his blade.

[ROUND 7]

[TURN] Will-o'-Wisp 1

Will-o'-Wisp 1: [ATTACK (M)] Shock [TOUCH] [CA] [EFFECTS +2] [1d20+18 = 29]
Attack [29] -> [at Koh] [DEF EFFECTS -2] [HIT]
Will-o'-Wisp 1: [DAMAGE (M)] Shock [TYPE: electricity (2d8=4)] [2d8 = 4]
Damage [4] -> [to Koh]

Koh stood stalwart in the face of an implaccable foe.

[TURN] Walben Wobblekettle - [Bond to the Land 11(Forrest); AC: 2 | Mage Armor; AC: 4 | ATK: 1; [D: 65] | Protection from Evil (should only apply against evil creatures); AC: 2 deflection; SAVE: 2 resistance; [D: 63] | Island Curse P1; ATK: -1 morale; SAVE: -1; SKILL: -1]

Walben Wobblekettle: [CAST] Acid Splash [at Will-o'-Wisp 3]
Walben Wobblekettle: [ATTACK (R)] Acid Splash [TOUCH] [EFFECTS] [1d20+8 = 14]
Attack [14] -> [at Will-o'-Wisp 3] [MISS]

Walben, nothing if not persistent, continued with his volleys of acid.

[TURN] Ayami Biksen - [Island Curse P1; ATK: -1 morale; SAVE: -1; SKILL: -1 | ATK: 1; [D: 65] | AC: 3 deflection]

Ayami Biksen: [ATTACK (M)] Dagger [CRIT 19] [EFFECTS] [1d20+3 = 9]
Attack [9] -> [at Will-o'-Wisp 3] [MISS]

Ayami continued to try to distract the wisp.

[TURN] Will-o'-Wisp 2

Will-o'-Wisp 2: [ATTACK (M)] Shock [TOUCH] [CA] [EFFECTS +2] [1d20+18 = 24]
Attack [24] -> [at Lomman Stormchest] [DEF EFFECTS +1] [HIT]
Will-o'-Wisp 2: [DAMAGE (M)] Shock [TYPE: electricity (2d8=6)] [2d8 = 6]
Damage [6] -> [to Lomman Stormchest] [STATUS: Wounded]

Lomman had felt worse and he prepared to put this wisp down.

[TURN] Lomman Stormchest - [Power Attack (one handed); ATK: -2 melee; CMB: -2 melee; DMG: 4 melee | ATK: 1; [D: 65] | Protection from Evil (should only apply against evil creatures); AC: 2 deflection; SAVE: 2 resistance; [D: 62] | DMG: 1d10 | DMG: 1d10]

Effect ['DMG: 1d10'] -> [to Lomman Stormchest]
Lomman Stormchest: [ATTACK (M)] Waraxe, dwarven [EFFECTS -1] [1d20+11 = 31]
Lomman Stormchest: [ATTACK (M)] Waraxe, dwarven [EFFECTS -1] [CONFIRM] [1d20+11 = 13]
Lomman Stormchest: [DAMAGE (M)] Waraxe, dwarven [CRITICAL] [EFFECTS 3d10+12] [TYPE: slashing (4d10+10=32)] [TYPE: slashing,critical (2d10+10=29)]
Lomman Stormchest: [DAMAGE (M)] Waraxe, dwarven [EFFECTS +4] [TYPE: slashing (29)] [29]
Damage [29] -> [to Will-o'-Wisp 2] [STATUS: Dying]

Lomman swung his axe in a massive arc that crashed into the wisp, slamming it to the floor.

[TURN] Perlivash

[TURN] Taboo - [ATK: 1; [D: 65] | Protection from Evil (should only apply against evil creatures); AC: 2 deflection; SAVE: 2 resistance; [D: 64] | RESIST: 10 electricity; [D: 65]]

Taboo: [ATTACK (M)] bite [MOD:DEX] [EFFECTS +1] [1d20+12 = 19]
Attack [19] -> [at Will-o'-Wisp 3] [MISS] [MISS CHANCE 50%]
Taboo: [ATTACK #2 (M)] claw [MOD:DEX] [FULL] [EFFECTS +1] [1d20+6 = 26]
Attack [26] -> [at Will-o'-Wisp 3] [AUTOMATIC HIT]
Taboo: [ATTACK (M)] claw [MOD:DEX] [FULL] [EFFECTS +1] [1d20+11 = 20]
Attack [20] -> [at Will-o'-Wisp 3] [MISS] [MISS CHANCE 50%]
Taboo: [ATTACK #2 (M)] claw [MOD:DEX] [FULL] [EFFECTS +1] [CONFIRM][MISS CHANCE 50%] [1d20+6 = 19]
Attack [19] -> [at Will-o'-Wisp 3] [CRIT NOT CONFIRMED] [MISS CHANCE 50%]
Taboo: [ATTACK #2 (M)] claw [MOD:DEX] [FULL] [EFFECTS +1] [CONFIRM][MISS CHANCE 50%] [AC 26] [MISS CHANCE 50%] [MISS] [1d100 = 31]
Taboo: [DAMAGE (M)] claw [TYPE: untyped (1d6+7=9)] [1d6+7 = 9]
Damage [9] -> [to Will-o'-Wisp 3]

Taboo bit the wisp again but still it persisted.

[TURN] Will-o'-Wisp 3

Will-o'-Wisp 3: [ATTACK (M)] Shock [TOUCH] [CA] [EFFECTS +2] [1d20+18 = 37]
Attack [37] -> [at Taboo] [DEF EFFECTS -1] [HIT]
Will-o'-Wisp 3: [DAMAGE (M)] Shock [TYPE: electricity (2d8=6)] [2d8 = 6]
Damage [0] -> [to Taboo] [RESISTED]

The wisp retaliated against Taboo but the energy washed over the cat with a flash of light.

[TURN] Koh - [ATK: 1; [D: 65] | Island Curse P1; ATK: -1 morale; SAVE: -1; SKILL: -1]

GM:  [1d100 = 35]
Koh: [ATTACK (M)] +1 Falcata (Main) [CRIT 19] [EFFECTS] [1d20+9 = 19]
Koh: [ATTACK (M)] Cold Iron Falcata (Off) [CRIT 19] [EFFECTS] [1d20+9 = 19]
Koh: [ATTACK #2 (M)] +1 Falcata (Single) [CRIT 19] [EFFECTS] [1d20+7 = 11]

Koh continued the struggle.

[TURN] Calex Shadowbourne - [ATK: 1; [D: 65] | Fiendish Resistance; RESIST: 5 cold; RESIST: 5 fire; RESIST: 5 electricity]

Calex Shadowbourne: [CONCENTRATION] [MOD:INT] [1d20+11 = 23]
Calex Shadowbourne: [ATTACK (M)] +1 Cold Iron Scimitar (1H) [MOD:DEX] [CRIT 15] [EFFECTS +1] [1d20+12 = 27]
Attack [27] -> [at Will-o'-Wisp 3] [CRITICAL THREAT]
Calex Shadowbourne: [ATTACK (M)] +1 Cold Iron Scimitar (1H) [MOD:DEX] [CRIT 15] [EFFECTS +1] [CONFIRM][MISS CHANCE 50%] [1d20+12 = 29]
Attack [29] -> [at Will-o'-Wisp 3] [CRITICAL HIT] [MISS CHANCE 50%]
Calex Shadowbourne: [ATTACK (M)] +1 Cold Iron Scimitar (1H) [MOD:DEX] [CRIT 15] [EFFECTS +1] [CONFIRM][MISS CHANCE 50%] [AC 26] [MISS CHANCE 50%] [HIT] [1d100 = 86]
Calex Shadowbourne: [DAMAGE (M)] +1 Cold Iron Scimitar (1H) [CRITICAL] [TYPE: magic, cold iron, slashing (1d6+6=9)] [TYPE: magic, cold iron, slashing,critical (1d6+6=8)] [1d6+1g6+12 = 17]
Damage [17] -> [to Will-o'-Wisp 3] [STATUS: Dying]

Calex slashed through the wisp and it too dropped down to the floor.

[ROUND 8]

[TURN] Will-o'-Wisp 1

Will-o'-Wisp 1: [ATTACK (M)] Shock [TOUCH] [CA] [EFFECTS +2] [1d20+18 = 31]
Attack [31] -> [at Koh] [DEF EFFECTS -2] [HIT]
Will-o'-Wisp 1: [DAMAGE (M)] Shock [TYPE: electricity (2d8=7)] [2d8 = 7]
Damage [7] -> [to Koh]

Koh continued to take repeated wounds from the wisp and she began to lead it back to where the others were, although she was high above the ground flying amidst the workings of the orrery.

[TURN] Walben Wobblekettle - [Bond to the Land 11(Forrest); AC: 2 | Mage Armor; AC: 4 | ATK: 1; [D: 64] | Protection from Evil (should only apply against evil creatures); AC: 2 deflection; SAVE: 2 resistance; [D: 62] | Island Curse P1; ATK: -1 morale; SAVE: -1; SKILL: -1]

Walben Wobblekettle: [ATTACK (R)] Wand of Acid Arrow [TOUCH] [EFFECTS] [1d20+8 = 9]
Attack [9] -> [at Will-o'-Wisp 1] [AUTOMATIC MISS]

Walben fired his wand yet again but still could not strike the wisp.

[TURN] Ayami Biksen - [Island Curse P1; ATK: -1 morale; SAVE: -1; SKILL: -1 | ATK: 1; [D: 64] | AC: 3 deflection]


Ayami Biksen: Channel Heal
Ayami Biksen: [HEAL] Channel Heal [4d6 = 18]
Heal [18] -> [to Calex Shadowbourne]
Heal [15] -> [to Ayami Biksen] [STATUS: Healthy]
Heal [8] -> [to Taboo] [STATUS: Healthy]
Heal [6] -> [to Lomman Stormchest] [STATUS: Healthy]
Heal [18] -> [to Perlivash] [NOT WOUNDED]
Heal [18] -> [to Koh]
Heal [18] -> [to Walben Wobblekettle] [NOT WOUNDED]

Ayami called on the spirits of the island to heal her wounded comrades.

[TURN] Lomman Stormchest - [Power Attack (one handed); ATK: -2 melee; CMB: -2 melee; DMG: 4 melee | ATK: 1; [D: 64] | Protection from Evil (should only apply against evil creatures); AC: 2 deflection; SAVE: 2 resistance; [D: 61] | DMG: 1d10 | DMG: 1d10 | DMG: 1d10]

Lomman moved to just below Koh and activated his magical boots.

[TURN] Perlivash

Perlivash cringed slightly as the action began to steer towards his hiding place.

[TURN] Taboo - [ATK: 1; [D: 64] | Protection from Evil (should only apply against evil creatures); AC: 2 deflection; SAVE: 2 resistance; [D: 63] | RESIST: 10 electricity; [D: 64]]

Taboo followed Lomman, looking about for other enemies.

[TURN] Koh - [ATK: 1; [D: 64] | Island Curse P1; ATK: -1 morale; SAVE: -1; SKILL: -1]

Koh: [ATTACK (M)] +1 Falcata (Main) [CRIT 19] [EFFECTS] [1d20+9 = 25]
Attack [25] -> [at Will-o'-Wisp 1] [MISS] [MISS CHANCE 50%]
Koh: [ATTACK (M)] Cold Iron Falcata (Off) [CRIT 19] [EFFECTS] [1d20+9 = 22]
Attack [22] -> [at Will-o'-Wisp 1] [MISS] [MISS CHANCE 50%]
Koh: [ATTACK #2 (M)] +1 Falcata (Single) [CRIT 19] [EFFECTS] [1d20+7 = 26]
Attack [26] -> [at Will-o'-Wisp 1] [CRITICAL THREAT]
Koh: [ATTACK #2 (M)] +1 Falcata (Single) [CRIT 19] [EFFECTS] [CONFIRM][MISS CHANCE 50%] [1d20+7 = 17]
Attack [17] -> [at Will-o'-Wisp 1] [CRIT NOT CONFIRMED]
Koh: [DAMAGE (M)] +1 Falcata (Single) [TYPE: slashing, magic (1d8+5=6)] [1d8+5 = 6]
Damage [6] -> [to Will-o'-Wisp 1]

Koh slashed at the wisp and injured it a bit more.  She was beginning to wear out, but the burst of energy from Ayami steeled her resolve.

[TURN] Calex Shadowbourne - [ATK: 1; [D: 64] | Fiendish Resistance; RESIST: 5 cold; RESIST: 5 fire; RESIST: 5 electricity]

Calex Shadowbourne: [ATTACK (R)] +1 Longbow [EFFECTS +1] [1d20+12 = 23]

Attack [23] -> [at Will-o'-Wisp 1] [MISS]

Calex stashed his blades and drew out his bow, taking a shot and almost hitting the elusive wisp.

[ROUND 9]

[TURN] Will-o'-Wisp 1


The wisp vanished from sight.

[TURN] Walben Wobblekettle - [Bond to the Land 11(Forrest); AC: 2 | Mage Armor; AC: 4 | ATK: 1; [D: 63] | Protection from Evil (should only apply against evil creatures); AC: 2 deflection; SAVE: 2 resistance; [D: 61] | Island Curse P1; ATK: -1 morale; SAVE: -1; SKILL: -1]

Walben Wobblekettle: [CAST] Glitterdust [at Will-o'-Wisp 1]
Will-o'-Wisp 1: [SAVE] Will [1d20+9 = 11]
Save [11][vs. DC 18] -> [for Will-o'-Wisp 1] [vs Walben Wobblekettle] [FAILURE]
Effect ['Blinded'] -> [to Will-o'-Wisp 1] [by Walben Wobblekettle]

As Koh backed off, Walben coated the area in front of her and the glittering magical flecks of green coated the invisible wisp.


[TURN] Ayami Biksen - [Island Curse P1; ATK: -1 morale; SAVE: -1; SKILL: -1 | ATK: 1; [D: 63] | AC: 3 deflection]

Ayami Biksen: [ATTACK (R)] +1 Light Crossbow [CRIT 19] [EFFECTS] [1d20+8 = 13]
Attack [13] -> [at Will-o'-Wisp 1] [DEF EFFECTS -12] [MISS]

Ayami took out her little used crossbow and fired at the newly illuminated wisp, missing badly.

[TURN] Lomman Stormchest - [Power Attack (one handed); ATK: -2 melee; CMB: -2 melee; DMG: 4 melee | ATK: 1; [D: 63] | Protection from Evil (should only apply against evil creatures); AC: 2 deflection; SAVE: 2 resistance; [D: 60]]

Lomman began to levitate up to the wisp.

[TURN] Perlivash

Perlivash snuck back behind a piece of the machine that recently gyrated to his left.

[TURN] Taboo - [ATK: 1; [D: 63] | Protection from Evil (should only apply against evil creatures); AC: 2 deflection; SAVE: 2 resistance; [D: 62] | RESIST: 10 electricity; [D: 63]]

Taboo looked up at the wisp and then at Walben.

[TURN] Koh - [ATK: 1; [D: 63] | Island Curse P1; ATK: -1 morale; SAVE: -1; SKILL: -1]

Koh: [ATTACK (M)] +1 Falcata (Single) [CRIT 19] [EFFECTS] [1d20+12 = 17]
Perlivash: [ATTACK (M)] +1 Falcata (Single) [CRIT 19] [EFFECTS] [17]
Attack [17] -> [at Will-o'-Wisp 1] [DEF EFFECTS -12] [HIT]
GM: Soul Razor Damage -> [1d4+7 = 9] + [2d6 = 9]

Koh drew the magical dagger and jabbed it into the wisp, as it wailed with pain.

[TURN] Calex Shadowbourne - [ATK: 1; [D: 63] | Fiendish Resistance; RESIST: 5 cold; RESIST: 5 fire; RESIST: 5 electricity]

Calex Shadowbourne: [ATTACK (R)] +1 Longbow [EFFECTS +1] [-4] [1d20+8 = 16]
Attack [16] -> [at Will-o'-Wisp 1] [DEF EFFECTS -12] [HIT]
Calex Shadowbourne: [DAMAGE (R)] +1 Longbow [TYPE: piercing (1d8+1=5)] [1d8+1 = 5]
Damage [5] -> [to Will-o'-Wisp 1]

Calex fired into the fray and the arrow clipped the wisp.  It was clearly blinded as it was no longer evading the blows of Koh or the missiles from the ground.

[ROUND 10]

[TURN] Will-o'-Wisp 1 - [Blinded]


Will-o'-Wisp 1: [SAVE] Will [1d20+9 = 24] [SUCCESS]

Koh: [ATTACK (M)] +1 Falcata (Single) [CRIT 19] [EFFECTS] [+2] [1d20+14 = 20]

The wisp regained its bearings and like a flash of green shot out of the observatory, floating diagonally low to escape through a hole in the outer wall.  Koh slashed at it before it left, but its exit was sudden.

[TURN] Walben Wobblekettle - [Bond to the Land 11(Forrest); AC: 2 | Mage Armor; AC: 4 | ATK: 1; [D: 62] | Protection from Evil (should only apply against evil creatures); AC: 2 deflection; SAVE: 2 resistance; [D: 60] | Island Curse P1; ATK: -1 morale; SAVE: -1; SKILL: -1]

Ayami Biksen: Channel Heal
Ayami Biksen: [HEAL] Channel Heal [4d6 = 20]
Heal [20] -> [to Ayami Biksen] [NOT WOUNDED]
Heal [20] -> [to Walben Wobblekettle] [NOT WOUNDED]
Heal [20] -> [to Perlivash] [NOT WOUNDED]
Heal [20] -> [to Lomman Stormchest] [NOT WOUNDED]
Heal [15] -> [to Calex Shadowbourne] [STATUS: Healthy]
Heal [20] -> [to Koh] [STATUS: Wounded]
Heal [20] -> [to Taboo] [NOT WOUNDED]

The group gathered around Ayami who healed them of their wounds

This message was last edited by the GM at 17:51, Tue 02 Oct 2018.

DM
 GM, 452 posts
Tue 2 Oct 2018
at 17:44
07: The Birth of a Nation
In reply to DM (msg # 38):

[ROUND 11]

Ayami Biksen: Cure Serious Wounds
Ayami Biksen: [HEAL] Cure Serious Wounds [3d8+6 = 10]
Heal [10] -> [to Koh]

[ROUND 12]

Ayami Biksen: Cure Moderate Wounds
Ayami Biksen: [HEAL] Cure Moderate Wounds [2d8+7 = 12]
Heal [12] -> [to Koh]

Walben Wobblekettle: Cure Light Wounds
Walben Wobblekettle: [CAST] Cure Light Wounds [at Koh]
Walben Wobblekettle: [HEAL] Cure Light Wounds [1d8+5 = 12]
Heal [12] -> [to Koh] [STATUS: Healthy]

[ROUND 13]

The group concentrated their healing and preparation efforts readying themselves.  Walben looked to Calex who said, "Walben's spell will wear off soon and that wisp might come back.  Let's deal with this before it does."

[ROUND 14]

Effect ['Shield; AC: 4 shield'] -> [to Calex Shadowbourne]

[ROUND 15]

Effect ['Shield; AC: 4 shield'] -> [to Perlivash] [by Calex Shadowbourne]

Effect ['Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex'] -> [to Calex Shadowbourne]
Effect ['Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex'] -> [to Walben Wobblekettle] [by Calex Shadowbourne]
Effect ['Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex'] -> [to Ayami Biksen] [by Calex Shadowbourne]
Effect ['Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex'] -> [to Perlivash] [by Calex Shadowbourne]
Effect ['Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex'] -> [to Lomman Stormchest] [by Calex Shadowbourne]
Effect ['Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex'] -> [to Taboo] [by Calex Shadowbourne]
Effect ['Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex'] -> [to Koh] [by Calex Shadowbourne]
Calex Shadowbourne: Haste

As Calex cast a spell of speed on the group and they readied for whatever it was to come from the summoning stone, Lomman slipped the indigo gem given to him by Koh into the slot and stepped back.

The magic of the stone in the center of the observatory activated and the summoning began. This hairless, leathery giant has no discernible features aside from unsettling whorls across its skin and grotesque, slurping tongues where its face should be.  The unsettling whorls resembled the slashes in their skin that the group felt when faced with the alien hound-like creature in the complex below.  It bore an axe nearly 12 feet in length with a vicious blade that could easily cut a person in two.




[ROUND 16]

[TURN] Walben Wobblekettle - [Bond to the Land 11(Forrest); AC: 2 | Mage Armor; AC: 4 | ATK: 1; [D: 56] | Protection from Evil (should only apply against evil creatures); AC: 2 deflection; SAVE: 2 resistance; [D: 55] | Island Curse P1; ATK: -1 morale; SAVE: -1; SKILL: -1 | Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex]

Walben Wobblekettle: [CAST] Ray of Enfeeblement [at Faceless Hulk (Ugoroth)]
Walben Wobblekettle: [ATTACK (R)] Ray of Enfeeblement [TOUCH] [EFFECTS] [1d20+8 = 23]
Attack [23] -> [at Faceless Hulk (Ugoroth)] [HIT]
Faceless Hulk (Ugoroth): [SAVE] Fortitude [1d20+8 = 24]
Save [24][vs. DC 17] -> [for Faceless Hulk (Ugoroth)] [vs Walben Wobblekettle] [SUCCESS]
Walben Wobblekettle: +4 [1d6+4 = 6][Strength Damage to Faceless Hulk][3]

Walben fired a dull green ray that struck the monstrosity directly in the chest, diminishing it slightly.

[TURN] Will-o'-Wisp 1

[TURN] Koh - [ATK: 1; [D: 56] | Island Curse P1; ATK: -1 morale; SAVE: -1; SKILL: -1 | Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex]

Koh: [ATTACK (M)] +1 Falcata (Main) [CRIT 19] [EFFECTS] [1d20+9 = 10]
Attack [10] -> [at Faceless Hulk (Ugoroth)] [AUTOMATIC MISS]
Koh: [ATTACK (M)] Cold Iron Falcata (Off) [CRIT 19] [EFFECTS] [1d20+9 = 16]
Attack [16] -> [at Faceless Hulk (Ugoroth)] [MISS]
Koh: [ATTACK #2 (M)] +1 Falcata (Single) [CRIT 19] [EFFECTS] [1d20+7 = 16]
Attack [16] -> [at Faceless Hulk (Ugoroth)] [MISS]

Koh steeled herself and the giant looked slightly confused to be summoned to this dimension. Still, it raised its great axe in defense, none of her blows getting through.

[TURN] Lomman Stormchest - [Power Attack (one handed); ATK: -2 melee; CMB: -2 melee; DMG: 4 melee | ATK: 1; [D: 56] | Protection from Evil (should only apply against evil creatures); AC: 2 deflection; SAVE: 2 resistance; [D: 53] | Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex]

Lomman Stormchest: [ATTACK #2 (M)] Waraxe, dwarven [FULL] [EFFECTS -1] [+2] [1d20+8 = 11]
Attack [11] -> [at Faceless Hulk (Ugoroth)] [MISS]
Lomman Stormchest: [ATTACK (M)] Waraxe, dwarven [FULL] [EFFECTS -1] [+2] [1d20+13 = 29]
Attack [29] -> [at Faceless Hulk (Ugoroth)] [HIT]
Lomman Stormchest: [DAMAGE (M)] Waraxe, dwarven [EFFECTS +4] [TYPE: slashing (1d10+10=20)] [1d10+10 = 20]
Damage [20] -> [to Faceless Hulk (Ugoroth)] [STATUS: Wounded]

Lomman cut into the creature and it bled.  Encouraged by wounding the giant he called out, "It bleeds, it is going to fall fast!"

[TURN] Taboo - [ATK: 1; [D: 56] | Protection from Evil (should only apply against evil creatures); AC: 2 deflection; SAVE: 2 resistance; [D: 55] | RESIST: 10 electricity; [D: 56] | Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex]

Taboo: [ATTACK (M)] bite [MOD:DEX] [EFFECTS +1] [1d20+12 = 15]
Attack [15] -> [at Faceless Hulk (Ugoroth)] [MISS]
Taboo: [ATTACK (M)] claw [MOD:DEX] [FULL] [EFFECTS +1] [1d20+11 = 20]
Attack [20] -> [at Faceless Hulk (Ugoroth)] [HIT]
Taboo: [ATTACK #2 (M)] claw [MOD:DEX] [FULL] [EFFECTS +1] [1d20+6 = 10]
Attack [10] -> [at Faceless Hulk (Ugoroth)] [MISS]
Taboo: [DAMAGE (M)] claw [TYPE: untyped (1d6+7=10)] [1d6+7 = 10]
Damage [0] -> [to Faceless Hulk (Ugoroth)] [RESISTED]

Taboo attacked it fiercely, but only a claw managed to get through, but strangeley did not penetrate the alien skin of the giant.  Lomman began to wonder about his previous statement.

[TURN] Perlivash - [Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex | Shield; AC: 4 shield; [D: 9]]

Perlivash: [CAST] Grease [at Faceless Hulk (Ugoroth)]
Faceless Hulk (Ugoroth): [SAVE] Reflex [1d20+4 = 7]
Save [7][vs. DC 14] -> [for Faceless Hulk (Ugoroth)] [vs Perlivash] [FAILURE]

Perlivash caused a thin sheen of slick grease to coat the giant's axe.  As it shifted in defense, the axe slipped from its grasp and clattered to the floor.

[TURN] Calex Shadowbourne - [ATK: 1; [D: 56] | Fiendish Resistance; RESIST: 5 cold; RESIST: 5 fire; RESIST: 5 electricity | Shield; AC: 4 shield; [D: 7] | Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex]

Calex Shadowbourne: Arcane Pool (Sw) [1 PP]
Effect ['Arcane Pool; DMG: 2; ATK: 2; DMGTYPE: magic'] -> [to Calex Shadowbourne]
Calex Shadowbourne: Shock(Su) [1 PP]
Effect ['Shock; DMG: electricity; DMG: 1d6'] -> [to Calex Shadowbourne]
Calex Shadowbourne: shocking burst(Su) [2 PP]
Effect ['Shocking Burst; DMGTYPE: electricity; DMG: 1d6'] -> [to Calex Shadowbourne]
Calex Shadowbourne: [ATTACK (M)] +1 Cold Iron Scimitar (1H) [MOD:DEX] [CRIT 15] [EFFECTS +3] [1d20+14 = 30]
Attack [30] -> [at Faceless Hulk (Ugoroth)] [CRITICAL THREAT]
Calex Shadowbourne: [ATTACK (M)] +1 Cold Iron Scimitar (1H) [MOD:DEX] [CRIT 15] [EFFECTS +3] [CONFIRM] [1d20+14 = 31]
Attack [31] -> [at Faceless Hulk (Ugoroth)] [CRITICAL HIT]
Calex Shadowbourne: [DAMAGE (M)] +1 Cold Iron Scimitar (1H) [EFFECTS 2d6+2] [TYPE: magic, cold iron, slashing,electricity (3d6+8=19)] [TYPE: electricity,magic (0)] [1d6+2p6+8 = 19]
Calex Shadowbourne: [DAMAGE] shocking burst(Su) [TYPE: electricity (1d10=3)] [1d10 = 3]
Calex Shadowbourne: [DAMAGE] Shocking Grasp (Precocious, Lineage) [EMPOWER +23] [CRITICAL] [TYPE: electricity,spell (7d6+11=34)] [TYPE: electricity,spell,critical (7d6+12=37)] [7d6+7g6+23 = 71]
GM: [DAMAGE] Shocking Grasp (Precocious, Lineage) [EMPOWER +23] [CRITICAL] [TYPE: electricity,spell (34)] [TYPE: electricity,spell,critical (37)] [71]
Damage [71] -> [to Faceless Hulk (Ugoroth)] [STATUS: Heavy]
GM: [DAMAGE (M)] +1 Cold Iron Scimitar (1H) [EFFECTS 2d6+2] [TYPE: magic, cold iron, slashing,electricity (19)] [TYPE: electricity,magic (0)] [19]
Damage [19] -> [to Faceless Hulk (Ugoroth)]
GM: [DAMAGE] shocking burst(Su) [TYPE: electricity (3)] [3]
Damage [3] -> [to Faceless Hulk (Ugoroth)]

Calex charged his blade as he stepped into the fray, slashing the creature behind the left knee and then digging his blade into its right leg as the spell discharged.  The giant called out in some unknown language as it almost fell to the ground.

[TURN] Ayami Biksen - [Island Curse P1; ATK: -1 morale; SAVE: -1; SKILL: -1 | ATK: 1; [D: 56] | AC: 3 deflection | Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex]

Ayami Biksen: [CAST] Searing Light [at Faceless Hulk (Ugoroth)]
Ayami Biksen: [ATTACK (R)] Searing Light [TOUCH] [EFFECTS] [-4] [1d20+3 = 15]
Attack [15] -> [at Faceless Hulk (Ugoroth)] [HIT]
Ayami Biksen: [DAMAGE] Searing Light [TYPE: spell (3d8=15)] [3d8 = 15]
Damage [15] -> [to Faceless Hulk (Ugoroth)]

Ayami blasted the confused giant with a beam of pure light that burned its flesh.

[TURN] Faceless Hulk (Ugoroth) - [STR: -3]

Faceless Hulk (Ugoroth): [ATTACK #2 (M)] Slams [FULL] [EFFECTS -1] [1d20+16 = 31]
Attack [31] -> [at Calex Shadowbourne] [DEF EFFECTS +4] [HIT]
Faceless Hulk (Ugoroth): [ATTACK (M)] Slams [FULL] [EFFECTS -1] [1d20+16 = 36]
Attack [36] -> [at Calex Shadowbourne] [DEF EFFECTS +4] [AUTOMATIC HIT]
Faceless Hulk (Ugoroth): [ATTACK (M)] Slams [FULL] [EFFECTS -1] [CONFIRM] [1d20+16 = 30]
Attack [30] -> [at Calex Shadowbourne] [CRITICAL HIT]
Faceless Hulk (Ugoroth): [DAMAGE (M)] Slams [CRITICAL] [EFFECTS -1] [TYPE: bludgeoning (1d6+11=17)] [TYPE: bludgeoning,critical (1d6+11=12)] [1d6+1g6+22 = 29]
Damage [29] -> [to Calex Shadowbourne] [STATUS: Wounded]
Faceless Hulk (Ugoroth): [DAMAGE (M)] Slams [EFFECTS -1] [TYPE: bludgeoning (1d6+11=14)] [1d6+11 = 14]
Damage [14] -> [to Calex Shadowbourne] [STATUS: Heavy]

The giant caught its bearings and slammed a heavy fist into Calex before coming around with a backhanded blow that sent the swordsman flying back.  He managed to keep his feet despite losing his breath. The giant stepped back to gain a little space, leaving the axe behind.

[ROUND 17]

[TURN] Walben Wobblekettle - [Bond to the Land 11(Forrest); AC: 2 | Mage Armor; AC: 4 | ATK: 1; [D: 55] | Protection from Evil (should only apply against evil creatures); AC: 2 deflection; SAVE: 2 resistance; [D: 54] | Island Curse P1; ATK: -1 morale; SAVE: -1; SKILL: -1 | Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex]

Walben Wobblekettle: [CAST] Scorching Ray [at Faceless Hulk (Ugoroth)]
Walben Wobblekettle: [ATTACK (R)] Scorching Ray [TOUCH] [EFFECTS] [1d20+8 = 25]
Attack [25] -> [at Faceless Hulk (Ugoroth)] [HIT]
Walben Wobblekettle: [DAMAGE] Scorching Ray [TYPE: fire,spell (4d6=12)] [4d6 = 12]
Damage [7] -> [to Faceless Hulk (Ugoroth)] [PARTIALLY RESISTED]

Walben blasted the giant with a ray of green fire that seemed to burn it some, but also to wash off of it.

[TURN] Will-o'-Wisp 1

Will-o'-Wisp 1: [ATTACK (M)] Shock [TOUCH] [1d20+16 = 35]
Attack [35] -> [at Ayami Biksen] [DEF EFFECTS +4] [HIT]
Will-o'-Wisp 1: [DAMAGE (M)] Shock [TYPE: electricity (2d8=6)] [2d8 = 6]
Damage [6] -> [to Ayami Biksen] [STATUS: Wounded]

Ayami, so focused on her foe, felt a jolt from behind.  The wisp had returned and Walben's spell effect had nearly faded entirely.  "The wisp is back!" She shouted fearfully.

[TURN] Koh - [ATK: 1; [D: 55] | Island Curse P1; ATK: -1 morale; SAVE: -1; SKILL: -1 | Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex]

Koh: [ATTACK (M)] Giant Axe (Single) [CRIT 19] [EFFECTS] [-3] [1d20+9 = 13]
Attack [13] -> [at Faceless Hulk (Ugoroth)] [MISS]

Koh dropped her blades as she grinned maniacally.  She grabbed up the massive axe and swung it clumsily at the giant with it.  It was nearly twice as long as she was tall and it's haft was wider than her hands could actually fit around.


[TURN] Lomman Stormchest - [Power Attack (one handed); ATK: -2 melee; CMB: -2 melee; DMG: 4 melee | ATK: 1; [D: 55] | Protection from Evil (should only apply against evil creatures); AC: 2 deflection; SAVE: 2 resistance; [D: 52] | Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex]

Lomman Stormchest: [ATTACK (M)] Waraxe, dwarven [EFFECTS -1] [+2] [1d20+13 = 16]
Attack [16] -> [at Faceless Hulk (Ugoroth)] [MISS]

Lomman stepped in towards the hulk of a giant and swung as hard as he could, but the wild swing missed.

[TURN] Taboo - [ATK: 1; [D: 55] | Protection from Evil (should only apply against evil creatures); AC: 2 deflection; SAVE: 2 resistance; [D: 54] | RESIST: 10 electricity; [D: 55] | Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex]

Taboo: [ATTACK (M)] bite [MOD:DEX] [EFFECTS +1] [1d20+12 = 18]
Attack [18] -> [at Faceless Hulk (Ugoroth)] [HIT]
Taboo: [ATTACK #2 (M)] claw [MOD:DEX] [FULL] [EFFECTS +1] [1d20+6 = 16]
Attack [16] -> [at Faceless Hulk (Ugoroth)] [MISS]
Taboo: [ATTACK (M)] claw [MOD:DEX] [FULL] [EFFECTS +1] [1d20+11 = 31]
Attack [31] -> [at Faceless Hulk (Ugoroth)] [AUTOMATIC HIT]
Taboo: [ATTACK (M)] claw [MOD:DEX] [FULL] [EFFECTS +1] [CONFIRM] [1d20+11 = 22]
Attack [22] -> [at Faceless Hulk (Ugoroth)] [CRITICAL HIT]
Taboo: [ATTACK (M)] bite [MOD:DEX] [EFFECTS +1] [1d20+12 = 26]
Attack [26] -> [at Faceless Hulk (Ugoroth)] [HIT]
GM: [ATTACK (M)] claw [MOD:DEX] [FULL] [EFFECTS +1] [31]
Attack [31] -> [at Faceless Hulk (Ugoroth)] [HIT]
Taboo: [ATTACK (M)] Rake [MOD:DEX] [EFFECTS +1] [1d20+11 = 28]
Attack [28] -> [at Faceless Hulk (Ugoroth)] [HIT]
Taboo: [DAMAGE (M)] claw [TYPE: untyped (1d6+7=9)] [1d6+7 = 9]
Damage [0] -> [to Faceless Hulk (Ugoroth)] [RESISTED]
Taboo: [DAMAGE (M)] claw [TYPE: untyped (1d6+7=12)] [1d6+7 = 12]
Damage [2] -> [to Faceless Hulk (Ugoroth)] [PARTIALLY RESISTED]
Taboo: [DAMAGE (M)] bite [TYPE: untyped (1d8+7=15)] [1d8+7 = 15]
Damage [5] -> [to Faceless Hulk (Ugoroth)] [PARTIALLY RESISTED]
Taboo: [DAMAGE (M)] claw [TYPE: untyped (1d6+7=13)] [1d6+7 = 13]
Damage [3] -> [to Faceless Hulk (Ugoroth)] [PARTIALLY RESISTED]

Taboo's flurry of attacks had difficulty penetrating the alien hide of the giant but he managed to get its attention.

[TURN] Perlivash - [Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex | Shield; AC: 4 shield; [D: 8]]


Perlivash: [CAST] Open/Close [at Faceless Hulk (Ugoroth)]
Faceless Hulk (Ugoroth): [SAVE] Will [1d20+11 = 19]
Save [19][vs. DC 13] -> [for Faceless Hulk (Ugoroth)] [vs Perlivash] [SUCCESS]

What appeared to be a strange steel mask on the face of the giant was in fact part of it, as Perlivash tried to get a peek behind the curtain so to speak, but nothing happened.  He shrugged comically to Calex who was in no mood to laugh.

[TURN] Calex Shadowbourne - [ATK: 1; [D: 55] | Fiendish Resistance; RESIST: 5 cold; RESIST: 5 fire; RESIST: 5 electricity | Shield; AC: 4 shield; [D: 6] | Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex | Arcane Pool; DMG: 2; ATK: 2; DMGTYPE: magic; [D: 9] | Shock; DMG: electricity; DMG: 1d6; [D: 9] | Shocking Burst; DMGTYPE: electricity; DMG: 1d6; [D: 9]]

Calex charged his blade as he sped around the fray and towards the giant, who spotted his approach and batted him with a heavy blow of its fist.  The spell winked out as the blade sparked.

Faceless Hulk (Ugoroth): [ATTACK (M)] Slams [FULL] [EFFECTS -1] [1d20+16 = 25]
Attack [25] -> [at Calex Shadowbourne] [DEF EFFECTS +4] [HIT]
Faceless Hulk (Ugoroth): [DAMAGE (M)] Slams [EFFECTS -1] [TYPE: bludgeoning (1d6+11=13)] [1d6+11 = 13]
Damage [13] -> [to Calex Shadowbourne]

Calex Shadowbourne: [CONCENTRATION] [MOD:INT] [+2] [1d20+14 = 16]
Calex Shadowbourne: [ATTACK (M)] +1 Cold Iron Scimitar (1H) [MOD:DEX] [CRIT 15] [EFFECTS +3] [+2] [1d20+16 = 23]
Attack [23] -> [at Faceless Hulk (Ugoroth)] [HIT]
Calex Shadowbourne: [DAMAGE (M)] +1 Cold Iron Scimitar (1H) [EFFECTS 2d6+2] [TYPE: magic, cold iron, slashing,electricity (3d6+8=18)] [TYPE: electricity,magic (0)] [1d6+2p6+8 = 18]
Damage [18] -> [to Faceless Hulk (Ugoroth)] [STATUS: Dying]

Calex rolled with the blow and drove his scimitar into the giant's groin as it fell to the ground.

[TURN] Ayami Biksen - [Island Curse P1; ATK: -1 morale; SAVE: -1; SKILL: -1 | ATK: 1; [D: 55] | AC: 3 deflection | Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex]

Ayami disengaged from the wisp, shouting to the others gathered around the giant.

[TURN] Faceless Hulk (Ugoroth) - [STR: -3]

Faceless Hulk (Ugoroth): [STABILIZATION] [at -6] [SUCCESS] [1d20-2 = 12]
Effect ['Stable'] -> [to Faceless Hulk (Ugoroth)]

[ROUND 18]

[TURN] Walben Wobblekettle - [Bond to the Land 11(Forrest); AC: 2 | Mage Armor; AC: 4 | ATK: 1; [D: 54] | Protection from Evil (should only apply against evil creatures); AC: 2 deflection; SAVE: 2 resistance; [D: 53] | Island Curse P1; ATK: -1 morale; SAVE: -1; SKILL: -1 | Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex]

Walben Wobblekettle: [CAST] Acid Splash [at Will-o'-Wisp 1]
Walben Wobblekettle: [ATTACK (R)] Acid Splash [TOUCH] [EFFECTS] [1d20+8 = 14]
Attack [14] -> [at Will-o'-Wisp 1] [MISS]

Walben fired a splash of acid at the wisp who took notice.

[TURN] Will-o'-Wisp 1

The wisp fled out of the ancient observatory as quickly as it could.

Calex pried back the steel looking visor of the creature and could see that the sunburst stone was the creature's face.  He reached down and pulled it off as it took the form of stone in his hands.  Koh drove the dagger Soul Razor into the giant's throat as it faded from this dimension.

Ayami Biksen: Channel Heal
Ayami Biksen: [HEAL] Channel Heal [4d6 = 12]
Heal [12] -> [to Calex Shadowbourne]
Heal [6] -> [to Ayami Biksen] [STATUS: Healthy]
Heal [12] -> [to Koh] [NOT WOUNDED]
Heal [12] -> [to Taboo] [NOT WOUNDED]
Heal [12] -> [to Walben Wobblekettle] [NOT WOUNDED]
Heal [12] -> [to Perlivash] [NOT WOUNDED]
Heal [12] -> [to Lomman Stormchest] [NOT WOUNDED]

Ayami Biksen: Cure Moderate Wounds
Ayami Biksen: [HEAL] Cure Moderate Wounds [2d8+7 = 16]
Heal [16] -> [to Calex Shadowbourne] [STATUS: Wounded]

Ayami Biksen: Cure Moderate Wounds
Ayami Biksen: [HEAL] Cure Moderate Wounds [2d8+7 = 18]
Heal [18] -> [to Calex Shadowbourne]

Walben Wobblekettle: [CAST] Recharge Innate Magic

This message was last edited by the GM at 17:56, Tue 02 Oct 2018.

DM
 GM, 453 posts
Tue 2 Oct 2018
at 17:44
07: The Birth of a Nation
In reply to DM (msg # 39):

Ayami quickly healed Calex's wounds as Walben recalled his magic.  "Let's get off of this island.  If I ever see it again, it will be too soon."  Walben began to move as Koh, in dead agreement with him, followed.  Calex gave the structure a good looking over as an idea formed in his mind.

GM:  [1d100 = 82][No Encounter]
GM:  [1d100 = 19][No Encounter]

GM: Party taking an overnight rest.

Before too long the group was in their boats and rowing back towards Hexhill.  They camped overnight near the shores of the Tuskwater, before continuing their journey home.

The date is Sunday, 1st Lamashan, 4711 Age of Lost Omens

GM:  [1d100 = 16][No Encounter]
GM:  [1d100 = 38][No Encounter]

When the group returned to Hexhill, weary and drenched from the constant rain that had been falling over the last couple of days, they saw Karros waiting for them on the shore near the small docks where the main piers would soon be.  He stood with a lantern in one hand and the other cupped across his forehead over his eyes to shield them from the rain.  Helping with the boats, the half-elf assessed, "I see you had a better time of it this go around.  Did you get what you went for?"  The group told Karros the harrowing story of the never-ending wisps and the massive faceless giant that produced the indigo Sunburst Stone.  Koh showed Karros the massive axe she claimed as a prize from the giant and Karros assessed its value. As he listened, those in the group who knew him best could tell that the merchant was waiting for the right time to drop some bad news in their laps.  He soon found the proper opening.

Karros the Traveller: [SKILL] Appraise [1d20+11 = 30][SUCCESS]

"While you were gone over the past month or so, we've been dealing with a couple things.  The first is minor, and I'm sure it will blow over as these things do.  A priest of Saranrae, Grigori Yefimovich, has been stirring things up some,  He has been making observations, all of them true, but they aren't helping matters.  The coming winter has most of the workers and settlers on edge.  They worry, and I'm afraid he's not helping.  Currently, he's wondering what ancient evils you have been disturbing in the Candlemere, and he pointed out that the Night of the Angry Wasp was a direct result of our initial forrays into the region.  He wonders what else will come calling.  I pointed out to him that the problem was dealt with, and his reply was that spariing the lives of our attackers might lead to further retribution.  I pointed out to him that it was better to have allies, and he wondered aloud whether allies of that sort were the kind we needed.  It's gone back and forth like that, but I fear that he's mostly gotten the upper hand on me and my attempts to quiet him with rebuttals has only led to more questions.  I think he means well, and the people could use a voice, but it's hard to debate his points.  Regardless, that's the best of the bad news."

Karros clears his throat some and looks slightly worried. "They day you departed the second time I learned that a young boy by the name of Tig Tannerson has gone missing.  It's been about a week now, so I'm not holding out much hope for the lad, but I'm trying to assure his parents that all is being done to find him.  Madden has been combing the Kamelands.  We considered him flying off to find you when we first learned of it, but I honestly thought we could handle it.  Tig had gone missing for a night or two before.  He's a precocious lad, prone to heading off on little adventures and the like, so I figured Madden would fly around for a bit and spot the tyke trying to catch frogs by the river or wandering the shores of the Tuskwater.  He's found no sign of him.  Anyway, we'll discuss that over a meal and some drinks at the Traveller's Rest."

The inn is a well made two story establishment near the center of town that Karros runs with the help of gnomish bard Tyghe Tutter, the reincarnated grig Tyg Titter-Tut. As they passed the Stormchest Smithy, Lomman noted that the building was seeing some use.  He leaves the keys for the main floor and the supply room with several smiths who use the facilities while he is away to make nails, iron bands for barrels, horseshoes and the likes.  "How's business?" Lomman asked Karros.

"Good and bad.  The busy has given over to well-paying.  There's a, uh, group currently staying at the inn who pay exceptionally well, but they are a little rowdy so a lot of the local regulars are staying away.  They won't be in town long, furriers and trappers from the Glenebon Uplands, who are stopping over to unload some wares and pick up supplies before heading back to Fort Drelev via the Narlmarches."

As they got to the doors of the inn, Karros could see that Koh was glowering.  He was a little nervous.  He knew what might happen and the relationship with the guests of the inn was far from good with Koh.  He saw that the others hadn't put it together yet.

Entering the inn, a loud voice from within wondered loudly and without tact, "So, if the demon is fucking the devil, and the bear is fucking the fox, does that mean that the dwarf fucks the gnome or maybe they both fuck the tiger?"  Seated at a table far to the right of the entrance were seven warriors of the Tiger Lord Barbarian tribe, their leader and the one posing the question was a tall, battle-scarred man with short-cropped hair who bore some impressive weapons and armor clearly not of barbarian make.  His men were all impressive-looking and physical.  Their weapons and shields were all stowed nearby, within reach.  Finally, at the head of the table, with a full view of the door that the leaders of the Marchlands just entered, was a fat, purple velvet wearing, goateed man, who just turned white-like a newly bleached sheet and was sweating profusely.



"Nobody has these answers?" The loud-mouth barbarian, speaking perfect common despite his heritage, looked around and then saw the group enter as they made their way directly towards the table beside him.

"I do."  Calex let his fingers fall to the pommel of his deadly scimitar and said, "I had to start fucking the demon because I was finished fucking your mother."  The room went silent for a moment as Koh strained to keep herself from jerking the pair of fearsome falcatas from their sheaths and slaughtering her mortal enemies right here in the town she had done so much to protect.  "Visitors should be more polite", she said in strix as Calex took the meaning, hearing the elements of infernal in the language.

The loud-mouth stood, his own longsword, an ornate blade of ancient make, clattered as the scabbard struck the chair as he stood calmly.  A pair of twin handaxes, familiar looking were tucked into his belt.  Karros knew that they were formerly of the bandit leader Kessle and that the barbarian who named himself Eirikk had purchased while at the trading post. He had several occasions to speak with these trappers over the last several days while they were staying in his establishment and after the barbarian's initial attempt to intimidate the somewhat nervous half-elf appeared to fail, Karros learned some of them and their travels.  Truth be told, this was the sort that precisely made Karros nervous, and this was the reason why.  A battle in the inn would be bad for business, and with Grigori's observations about the Marchlands leadership, the death of a visitor, no matter how impolite, would only lead to further grumbling.

The tension rose as Calex eyed Eirikk and Koh stared down the six barbarian thugs she knew she could cut through without taking more than a few minor cuts and bruises.  Eirikk nodded and said, "You must have run out of money then.  She was more expensive to fuck when she was younger, but the old sow still commands quite a price."  His men started laughing as the fat, velveted man tugged at his collar hoping he would not be cut down in the crossfire.

The fat man was a merchant of sorts from Pitax named Gaspari and he arrived in the town along with this lot several days ago.  All that Karros could get out of the man about his dealing with these barbarians was that it was "Business".  He was eloquent and well-heeled, paying the hefty tabs daily from an unending supply of coin.  In the three days of their stay, they had spent nearly a hundred gold coins of the fat man's money in his establishment alone.  Not unimpressive to say the least.



Calex nodded and sat, and Koh perched on a chair, unfurling her impressive wings in a display of dominance.  Taboo immediately went to the hearth and sprawled on the floor, knocking a chair over and causing two other patrons to shift their seats worriedly as the tiger lounged by the fire, rolling on his back to dry off on the owlbear skin rug.

After some chit chat and verbal sparring, Calex bought a round for the house and the barbarians cheered.  Lomman walked over to the newcomers and looked Eirrik in the eye before asking, "I wonder if this one is as strong as he comes off.  Arm wrestle?  Twenty gold?"  Soon bets were placed as the pair settled into position.  Lomman extended his left hand to lock into position and the barbarian grinned, as if he knew something the dwarf didn't.  They began to size each others's strength up before the initial push began and Calex yelled, "Go", to begin.

They held their own against one another for an instant before Lomman reached back with his right hand and punched Eirrik in the face with a gauntleted fist, smashing the barbarian's nose in.  He punched him again, this time in the shoulder as the barbarian got free of Lomman's left hand and elbowed Lomman in the cheek.  The warriors in Eirrik's band stood as Koh did the same on the chair.  They looked at her and merely backed off to give the combatants room.  Gaspari all but fled to the far wall of the taproom, yelling, "Gentlemen, there is no need for such things", with an obvious Pitaxian accent.

Eirrik gave as good as he got, but Lomman succeeded in knocking the barbarian out with a huge round-house that promised some dental destruction.  Lomman, winded and bleeding heavily from the face with several heavy dents in his armor where the barbarian struck, stood over the fallen and waited a moment before waking him with a beer poured over his head.

Eirrik came around groggily and muttered, "Fuck me to the hells!  I haven't had a fight like that since my first wife..."

His men laughed and soon order was restored, Ayami quietly healing all of the combatants.

The date is Moonday, 2nd Lamashan, 4711 Age of Lost Omens

[2240 XP] -> Ayami Biksen
[2240 XP] -> Calex Shadowbourne
[2240 XP] -> Lomman Stormchest
[2240 XP] -> Koh
[2240 XP] -> Walben Wobblekettle
Awarded XP to the Party (11200): Faceless Hulk (CR9) 6400, Will-O'-Wisp (CR6x2) 4800
Current Experience Point Total: 43,577/51,000

This message was last edited by the GM at 18:04, Tue 02 Oct 2018.

DM
 GM, 455 posts
Wed 10 Oct 2018
at 16:31
07: The Birth of a Nation
In reply to DM (msg # 40):


Forty Fifth Session, Played on Fantasy Grounds October 3rd 2018

After the brawl concluded and a few good-natured gests were traded between the group and the barbarian hunter Eirikk, the group spent some time talking with Karros and wanted to know all that he did of the missing boy.  He told them of his own investigations into the missing boy and that Madden had been fruitlessly searching the Kamelands surrounding Hexhill.

They also spoke with the coruplent merchant, Gaspari, who told them a grisly tale of how he came to find himself in their lands.  A former resident of Pitax, Gaspari told the group of the public execution of the Iron Wraiths in the city square in Pitax for various crimes declared by King Irovetti.  He told the group that the lovers, Tatius Cheriford and Xander Runthorn, were drawn and quartered and then displayed with portions of the two men bonded to the other.  The halfling seer who was so kind to them, Dulci Bardwith, was beheaded and her all-seeing yet blind eyes were dug from her head and burned.  The leader of the group, Estella Cheriford, was the last to be executed and was burned alive at the stake after being forced the watch her three companions, one her own brother, being executed in such a grisly manner.  He told the group that King Irovetti then had a week-long festival around the event the mark the height of summer.

Gaspari left Pitax and travelled to Fort Drelev, where he met and hired Eirikk's band of hunters to escort him someplace "more civilized", but the hunters were less than compliant and he wound up here after being forced to camp in the wilds while they hunted the Narlmarches and the northern Hooktongue Slough.  When asked about his intentions or business, Gaspari remained uncertain.  He had heard rumors of the impending hostilities between old Rostland and Issia, so Brevoy might not be the most stable place to begin a new venture, but he would certainly like Restov more than Hexhill as it had a far greater array of immenities.

GM: Party taking an overnight rest.
The date is Moonday, 2nd of Lamashan, 4711 Age of Lost Omens


The next morning came and the group decided to conduct their own investigation, which took them all day but they did not find any clues to Tig Tannerson's whereabouts or his fate.  Deciding that it was most likely to be in vain, they prepared to head out into the Narlmarches to explore the western shores of the Tuskwater to see what they could find.

GM: Party taking an overnight rest.
The date is Toilday, 3rd of Lamashan, 4711 Age of Lost Omens


The group set out to the west along the Skunk River and crossed the Skunk River Ford after avoiding an encounter with a rather large brown bear.  They rested the night on the southern side of the Skunk River and prepared to strike back to the east to explore the western coast of the Tuskwater.

GM:  [1d100 = 61][No Encounter]
GM:  [1d100 = 8][Encounter: 1 Brown Bear]
GM: [TABLE] Southern Greenbelt Encounter Table: Forest [1d100 = 43]

Lomman Stormchest: [SKILL] Perception [1d20+2 = 9]
Koh: [SKILL] Perception [1d20+5 = 15]
Walben Wobblekettle: [SKILL] Perception [1d20+12 = 29]
Perlivash: [SKILL] Perception [1d20+8 = 28]
Walben Wobblekettle: [SKILL] Perception [1d20+12 = 25]
Calex Shadowbourne: [SKILL] Perception [1d20+7 = 9]
Bear, Grizzly: [SKILL] Perception [1d20+6 = 18]
Taboo: [SKILL] Perception [1d20+7 = 25]

The night was without event.

GM: Party taking an overnight rest.
The date is Wealday, 4th of Lamashan, 4711 Age of Lost Omens


They set out to the east along the southern shores of the Skunk River to explore the western portion of the Tuskwater, a moderately wet lowlands region reputed to be rife with boar, from which the lake apparently got its name.  Finding no boar, to the dissapointment of the group, they camped for the night which quietly passed.

GM:  [1d100 = 99][No Encounter]
GM:  [1d100 = 68][No Encounter]
GM:  [1d100 = 81][No Encounter]

GM: Party taking an overnight rest.
The date is Oathday, 5th of Lamashan, 4711 Age of Lost Omens


GM:  [1d100 = 59][No Encounter]

Their explorations led them to a mist-shrouded marsh, which they wandered through for an hour or so before Koh spotted the source of the smoke they had been seeing.  It was a small wooden hut with a sod roof and thick tendrils of bluish smoke escaping through a crude chimney.  She guided the group through the tangled marsh for about 15 more minutes before they found themselves at the perimeter of a makeshift wooden fence.  Rising from the swamp in the middle of the 'property' was the hut and a tangle of bushes that ringed the wooden fence.  The fence was festooned with arcane fetishes, some bundles of sticks, others skulls of small animals graven with glyphs.  In the center of the fence was a wooden gate with a weathered brass bell mounted on the post.  A sinister looking scarecrow with baleful eyes carved from a great jack-o'-lantern seemed to follow their approach.  They had heard rumors about an old witch that lived in a swamp, but had thought that it was in the Hooktongue Slough, never guessing, if that's who lived here, that she lived so close.  The scarecrow was definitely either a golem or some manner of foul undead, more likely the former, and the glyphs were simple protection runes from what Calex could tell.



Calex Shadowbourne: [SKILL] Knowledge (Arcana) [1d20+15 = 29]
Calex Shadowbourne: [ABILITY] Intelligence check [1d20+5 = 6]
Perlivash: [ABILITY] Intelligence check [1d20+3 = 8]

They spent some time examining the glyphs and fetishes, and guaging the strong transfomrative and necromantic energies coming from the scarecrow, who's pumpkin head was most definitely fixed on them.  Deciding they should be polite, they rang the bell.  It took a moment, but the door opened and a hunched woman with green-tinged skin, no dissimilar to Devarre's,  but with decidely fey features, peered through the opening.  She stood barely over four feet tall and had stringy grey hair, angular features, prominently pointed ears and the bad teeth that would mark her as extremely aged.

Walben Wobblekettle: [SKILL] Knowledge (nature) [1d20+10 = 14]



"What do you want?", she hissed angrily at the group.  Walben could see that she was mostly likely a human, elven or half-elven woman of extreme years whose blood ran deep with fey ancestry.  He had seen much of this in the past as those with rich fey blood who dwelled in the forest of his homeland took on the features of the First World.  He wondered if she was any relation to Devarre, the green-tinged skinned druid.  Walben too had some fey-blood in his ancestry and it was readily apparent that he would have to be the one to talk to her.  Using a gambit he had used before, he introduced himself in the sylvan tongue.  "I'm Walben Wobblekettle and these are my..."

Walben Wobblekettle: [SKILL] Diplomacy [1d20+6 = 12]

"Good for you!", the old woman barked and slammed the door.

The group looked at one another for a few moments as Koh took to the air to circle the hut from above.  "I guess she doesn't want to be disturbed.", Calex said and Walben nodded.  "Let's give it one more try. Who knows when we'll be back again this way?" Walben rang the bell and the door opened again, but this time fully as the woman stepped out of the door a foot or so.

"What do you want is what I asked you the last time.  I didn't want your song and dance."  She stared at the group coldly and Calex stepped forward, "Forgive our intrusions, good woman.  We've come a long away and we are looking for a missing child who is most definitely in some danger.  We were wondering if you had seen him or might be able to point us in the right direction."

The elderly fey-blooded woman put her hands on her hips and said, "Oh, a child goes missing from your new city and immediately, you think I've ate the child.  The swamp witch has an appetite, that sort of thing is it?"  Just about to slam the door again, Calex and Walbenr recovered, "Not at all, it was just that you the first person we've seen in days and it was just a blind stab that you had some wisdom to impart on us."

The old woman nodded and said, "This bit is free.  Don't ask stupid questions!"  She slammed the door again after giving them a look not to trifle with her any longer.

"I guess she's busy or something." Walben patted Taboo as the group made their way out of the misty marsh and back to more solid ground.  They camped for the night and prepared to head south on the morrow, ready for more of the hated Will-o'-Wisps as Candlemere Island would be in sight and the marsh was growing more prominent.

GM:  [1d100 = 43][No Encounter]

GM: Party taking an overnight rest.

This message was last edited by the GM at 23:23, Wed 10 Oct 2018.

DM
 GM, 456 posts
Wed 10 Oct 2018
at 16:32
07: The Birth of a Nation
In reply to DM (msg # 41):

The date is Fireday, 6th Lamashan, 4711 Age of Lost Omens

GM:  [1d100 = 5][Encounter: 1 Shocker Lizard]
GM: [TABLE] Southern Greenbelt Encounter Table: Forest [1d100 = 70]
GM:  [1d100 = 87][No Encounter]

During their explorations the group encounted a shocker lizard.  Koh swooped down and killed it for lunch.  The rest of the day was cold and miserable as the swampy shores west of Candlemere were as uninviting as the island itself.  Finding a dry place to stay for the night, they camped warily.  They could see the lights of the Mere from time to time, and could see them dancing over the lake and island, but despite a tense evening, they were not disturbed.

Gm: Party taking an overnight rest.
The date is Starday, 7th Lamashan, 4711 Age of Lost Omens


GM:  [1d100 = 42][No Encounter]
GM:  [1d100 = 51][No Encounter]

Later in the afternoon, they could see some smoke rising into the sky and followed the shores of the Murque River west towards the Narlmarches.  Walben spotted several lizardfolk tracks and assumed they had a settlement nearby.

Walben Wobblekettle: [CAST] Longstrider [at Taboo]
Walben Wobblekettle: [CAST] Longstrider
Walben Wobblekettle: [CAST] Mage Armor [at Taboo]
Walben Wobblekettle: [CAST] Mage Armor
Walben Wobblekettle: Longstrider
Walben Wobblekettle: Mage Armor

He warned the group that there were lizardfolk most likely nearby and that all he knew of them was that some were savage and ate gnomes and the like, and some were fairly civilized.  They soon found the source of the smoke as they followed the river.

A low, muddy hummock protrudes from the middle of the widening river, surrounded by a palisade of outward-facing, sharpened wooden stakes. Inside, tendrils of smoke rise from a handful of mounds clustered around a single larger mound. A simple wooden gate on the eastern side of the hummock seems to be the only entrance to the fortified island.

Calex Shadowbourne: [SKILL] Perception [1d20+7 = 15]
Lomman Stormchest: [SKILL] Perception [1d20+2 = 20]
Lomman Stormchest: [SKILL] Perception [1d20+2 = 17]
Koh: [SKILL] Perception [1d20+5 = 6]
Perlivash: [SKILL] Perception [1d20+8 = 26]

Koh flew over head to gain a good look at the fortification, which would keep her group out for all of ten seconds she thought, as she took stock of the residents.  The group hunkered down, but soon the gate opened and a lone lizardfolk entered the water after giving them a wave.  They had been spotted, but the gesture seemed to indicate that the lizardfolk wanted to parlay.



Calex Shadowbourne: [SKILL] Diplomacy [1d20 = 12]
Lomman Stormchest: [SKILL] Sense Motive [1d20+2 = 4]

The lizardfolk emerged from the river and stood some thirty feet away and said, "Peace, warmskins!"



The group nodded and returned the greeting.  To make a long story short, the lizardfolk introduced himself as Boknar, and when he immediately told the group that he knew why they came.  The group didn't even know themselves but were somewhat shocked to learn that the boy that had been looking for was being held captive in their fort.  Boknar explained the situation, and expressed his regret. Until recently the lizardfolk had existed with the more civilized denizens of the Mere in a friendly, or at least neutral fashion.  But the coming of the Great Spirit, an old god, had lead their King, a massive Lizardfolk warrior named Vesket, towards bloodier thoughts of war with the warmskins.  A group of braves captured Tig and brought him back at the behest of the King and the Great Spirit.  The Great Spirit had been urging the Lizard King to torture the boy, to what ends Boknar knew not. He felt great shame and expressed his regret that the village had not revolted against the Lizard King, but it would have certainly lead to their deaths.  He told the group that only the braves supported the Lizard King and his desire for war, but they were few.

Calex gave the lizardfolk Boknar some food they had gathered to share with the rest of the tribe in a token of friendship from the 'warmskins' and wondered if Boknar could secure his group an audience with the Lizard King.  He also asked Boknar to tell the folk of his village to stay away, as in case of any violence, he didn't want to see any of them hurt.  Boknar took the food to the island and then came back in about half ah hour as the group discussed what to to.  Koh was of the mind to slaughter the lot of them and see what they could find, but she was heavily outvoted who opted to at least try the peaceful approach.

Boknar returned and said, "Great King Vesket will see the warmskins.  His braves will stand with him, as will his pets."  When asked about the 'pets', Walben discerned from their descriptions that they were Narlmarch Muggers, great lizards the size of large dogs with slightly venomous bites, and Blood Caimans, large crocodilian repitiles that frequented the waters of several rivers hereabouts.

The group made their way across the river to the island, some more comforably than others, and into the village.  They were greeted by Lizard King Vesket and his entourage of two blood caimans and four lizardfolk braves at his back.  Two Narlmarch Muggers prowled the perimeter of the wooden palisade flanking the group.



Calex Shadowbourne: [SKILL] Swim [1d20+1 = 5]
Walben Wobblekettle: [SKILL] Swim [1d20+4 = 12]
Taboo: [SKILL] Swim [1d20+10 = 11]
Walben Wobblekettle: [SKILL] Knowledge (nature) [1d20+10 = 22]

The Lizard King seemed unimpressed by the group and he stood firmly as they tried to negotiate the return of Tig Tannerson.  The Lizard King refused soundly as it was an offering to the Great Spirit.  They went back and forth for a bit and Perlivash and Walben could tell that the Lizard King was most likely under some manner of enchantment.

Calex Shadowbourne: [SKILL] Diplomacy [1d20 = 13]
Calex Shadowbourne: [SKILL] Sense Motive [1d20 = 17]
Walben Wobblekettle: [SKILL] Sense Motive [1d20+3 = 15]
Perlivash: [SKILL] Sense Motive [1d20+8 = 27]
Lomman Stormchest: [SKILL] Sense Motive [1d20+2 = 14]
Walben Wobblekettle: [SKILL] Knowledge (nature) [1d20+10 = 25]

Taking an instant when Lomman distracted the Lizard King with a question, Walben whispered to Calex and Koh, "This guy's being controlled.  Get ready, I'm gonna try something."  They nodded and Walben shot Lomman a look to get back.  The dwarf dodged out of the way expecting a ball of fire, but instead the Lizard King slumped to the ground, falling face forward.

Walben Wobblekettle: [CAST] Deep Slumber [at Vesket the Lizard King]
Vesket the Lizard King: [SAVE] Will [1d20+2 = 6]
Save [6][vs. DC 19] -> [for Vesket the Lizard King] [vs Walben Wobblekettle] [FAILURE]
Effect ['Helpless'] -> [to Vesket the Lizard King] [by Walben Wobblekettle]

Perlivash: [INIT] [1d20+3 = 17]
Calex Shadowbourne: [INIT] [1d20+7 = 17]
Lomman Stormchest: [INIT] [1d20+1 = 16]
Walben Wobblekettle: [INIT] [1d20+10 = 27]
Taboo: [INIT] [1d20+3 = 12]
Koh: [INIT] [1d20+3 = 8]
Koh: [INIT] [1d20+3 = 20]

[TURN] Walben Wobblekettle - [Bond to the Land 11(Forrest); AC: 2 | Mage Armor; AC: 4]

Walben Wobblekettle: [SKILL] Knowledge (nature) [1d20+10 = 19]
Walben Wobblekettle: [SKILL] Bluff [1d20+6 = 15]
Calex Shadowbourne: [SKILL] Bluff [1d20 = 10]

Calex shouted, "Stand back, this man is a healer.  He is going to see what is wrong with your King.  By all the gods, give him room." He pleaded with the lizardfolk braves in the draconic tongue as they looked confused.  Weapons were drawn but the blood caimans at the Lizard King's side were also reigned in.

Walben Wobblekettle: [CAST] Protection from Evil [at Vesket the Lizard King]
Vesket the Lizard King: [SAVE] Will [+2] [1d20+4 = 16][SUCCESS]

Walben rushed foward and knelt down beside the Lizard King, touching his forehead and casting a protective dwoemer on him.  Walben felt an electrical surge through the Lizard King's body as his finger touched his forehead and instantly it was gone.

[TURN] Lizard, Monitor 2

Lizard, Monitor 2: [ATTACK (M)] Bite [1d20+5 = 23]
Attack [23] -> [at Taboo] [HIT]
Lizard, Monitor 2: [DAMAGE (M)] Bite [TYPE: piercing,slashing,bludgeoning (1d8+4=8)] [1d8+4 = 8]
Damage [8] -> [to Taboo] [STATUS: Wounded]
Taboo: [SAVE] Fortitude [1d20+9 = 26]
Lizard, Monitor 2: [CMB] [+4] [1d20+9 = 29]
Combat Man. [29] -> [at Taboo] [AUTOMATIC HIT]
Effect ['Grappled'] -> [to Lizard, Monitor 2]
Effect ['Grappled'] -> [to Taboo] [by Lizard, Monitor 2]

Before any of the braves could react, a Narlmarch Mugger burst forward and clamped down hard on Taboo's front leg.

[TURN] Crocodile 1
[TURN] Lizardfolk Braves 1
[TURN] Lizardfolk Braves 2


The braves held the blood caimans back but looked confused. They could see their king was alive and saw his body jerk at the touch of Walben, but it also looked as though he was beginning to stir.

[TURN] Ssithak

Ssithak: [CAST] Lightning Bolt [at Lomman Stormchest]
Ssithak: [CAST] Lightning Bolt [at Koh]
Lomman Stormchest: [SAVE] Reflex [1d20+3 = 9]
Save [9][vs. DC 15] -> [for Lomman Stormchest] [vs Ssithak] [FAILURE]
Koh: [SAVE] Reflex [1d20+5 = 11]
Save [11][vs. DC 15] -> [for Koh] [vs Ssithak] [FAILURE]
Ssithak: [DAMAGE] Lightning Bolt [TYPE: electricity,spell (9d6=38)] [9d6 = 38]
Damage [38] -> [to Lomman Stormchest] [STATUS: Wounded]
Damage [38] -> [to Koh] [STATUS: Wounded]

From out of nowhere and arc of lightning ripped through the village and tore through Koh and Lomman, a blast easily as powerful as the skum sorcerer Gerlach they had faced not long ago.  Koh flew into a rage as she saw a glowing ball of blue light and heard the hideous voice cackle maniacally, "My children! Do not interfere in the affairs of my children!"

[TURN] Calex Shadowbourne

Calex Shadowbourne: [SKILL] Diplomacy [1d20 = 6]

Calex shouted at the lizardfolk braves, "That is no Great Spirit.  It's an evil monster and we're going to kill it! Stay back with your king and you won't get hurt!"

Calex Shadowbourne: [CAST] Glitterdust [at Ssithak]
Ssithak: [SAVE] Will [1d20+9 = 24]
Save [24][vs. DC 17] -> [for Ssithak] [vs Calex Shadowbourne] [SUCCESS]

The braves looked confused and fearful as Calex clouded the area around the wisp with whitish gold light that sparkled.  The dust settled on the glowing orb.

[TURN] Perlivash

Ssithak: [SAVE] Fortitude [1d20+3 = 13][FAILURE]
Effect ['Deafened'] -> [to Ssithak] [by Perlivash]

Perlivash conjured a magical hand that hurled a thunderstone at the wisp.  It shattered off the hut beside it causing a great wave of thunder to peal through the village.

[TURN] Lomman Stormchest

Lomman Stormchest: [ATTACK (M)] Waraxe, dwarven [EFFECTS -2] [+2] [1d20+12 = 25]
Lomman Stormchest: [ATTACK (M)] Waraxe, dwarven [EFFECTS -2] [+2] [25]
Attack [25] -> [at Ssithak] [MISS]

Lomman charged the wisp and sliced at it with his axe, missing it narrowly.

[TURN] Ssithak - [Deafened]

GM: [1d100 = 12] [FAILURE]

The wisp began to panic as its magics failed and these newcomers seemed to have an answer for his own magic with their own.  These must have been the ones hunting wisps on the old island.  He could feel the taint of the island still upon them now.

[TURN] Taboo - [Grappled]

Taboo: [CMB] [1d20+10 = 17]
GM: [CMB] [17]
Combat Man. [17] -> [at Lizard, Monitor 2] [DEF EFFECTS -2] [HIT]

Taboo shook off the much smaller Mugger and moved towards the wisp.

[TURN] Vesket the Lizard King - [Helpless]

Walben Wobblekettle: [SKILL] Diplomacy [1d20+6 = 11]
Calex Shadowbourne: [SKILL] Diplomacy [1d20 = 5]

Walben woke the king up properly and said to him in draconic, "Lizard King Vesket.  We are not here to hurt you.  That's not a great spirit. We'll show you."  Vesket looked confused as if coming out of a month long fog as he looked around and tried to stand.  He wobbled slightly as he stood, shouting a command in draconic to the lizards and the braves to hold.

[TURN] Lizard, Monitor 1
[TURN] Lizardfolk Braves 4
[TURN] Lizardfolk Braves 3


[TURN] Koh

Koh: [ATTACK (M)] +1 Falcata (Single) [CRIT 19] [1d20+12 = 24]
Attack [24] -> [at Ssithak] [MISS]

Koh flew past the others and slashed at the wisp, she too missing it.

[TURN] Crocodile 2

[ROUND 2]

[TURN] Walben Wobblekettle - [Bond to the Land 11(Forrest); AC: 2 | Mage Armor; AC: 4]

Calex Shadowbourne: [SKILL] Diplomacy [1d20 = 9]
Walben Wobblekettle: [SKILL] Diplomacy [1d20+6 = 11]

Walben continued, knowing his own magic would probably not harm the wisp and that he would only burn through the power of the wand needlessly.  "You see King, it's like this.  What you have there is a will-o'-wisp.  I'm not sure what sort of powers this ones got, but we'll take care of this problem for you and then we can talk turkey."  Vesket looked confused and uncertain, but held his people and pets back.

[TURN] Lizard, Monitor 2
[TURN] Crocodile 1
[TURN] Lizardfolk Braves 1
[TURN] Lizardfolk Braves 2


[TURN] Calex Shadowbourne

Calex Shadowbourne: Spell Recall - lvl 2 (Sw) [2 PP]
Calex Shadowbourne: [CAST] Glitterdust [at Ssithak]
Ssithak: [SAVE] Will [1d20+9 = 22]
Save [22][vs. DC 17] -> [for Ssithak] [vs Calex Shadowbourne] [SUCCESS]

Calex moved closer to the fray and tried to blind the wisp again with another coating of dust, digging into his arcane reserves to cast the enchantment again.

[TURN] Perlivash

Perlivash: [ATTACK (R)] Ranged Attack [1d20+6 = 23]
Attack [23] -> [at Ssithak] [MISS]

Perlivash's magic hand hurled a tanglefoot bag at the wisp that exploded in a clump of goo on the hut beside him.

[TURN] Lomman Stormchest - [Power Attack (one handed); ATK: -2 melee; CMB: -2 melee; DMG: 4 melee | DMG: 1d10]

Lomman Stormchest: [ATTACK (M)] Waraxe, dwarven [EFFECTS -2] [1d20+10 = 23]
Attack [23] -> [at Ssithak] [MISS]

Lomman loaded up for a mighty blow that missed wide.

[TURN] Ssithak - [Deafened]

Ssithak: [CONCENTRATION] [MOD:INT] [1d20+11 = 14]
GM:  [1d100 = 43]

Aiming to strike down the lot of these interlopers, Ssithak dodged away from Lomman at the last instant and lost his spell to chain lightning through the entire group and end their miserable lives.

[TURN] Taboo

Taboo: [ATTACK (M)] bite [MOD:DEX] [1d20+11 = 26]
Taboo: [ATTACK (M)] claw [MOD:DEX] [FULL] [1d20+10 = 23]
Taboo: [ATTACK #2 (M)] claw [MOD:DEX] [FULL] [1d20+5 = 19]
GM: [ATTACK (M)] bite [MOD:DEX] [26]
Attack [26] -> [at Ssithak] [HIT]
Taboo: [DAMAGE (M)] bite [TYPE: untyped (1d8+7=14)] [1d8+7 = 14]
GM: [DAMAGE (M)] bite [TYPE: untyped (14)] [14]
Damage [14] -> [to Ssithak] [STATUS: Wounded]

Taboo bit the wisp and was the first to wound it.

[TURN] Vesket the Lizard King
[TURN] Lizard, Monitor 1
[TURN] Lizardfolk Braves 4
[TURN] Lizardfolk Braves 3


Vesket and his braves backed off from the group to let them work as the braves hauled the blood caimins back with them.  The Narlmarch Muggers retreated along the palisade walls.

[TURN] Koh

Koh: [ATTACK (M)] +1 Falcata (Single) [CRIT 19] [1d20+12 = 13]
Attack [13] -> [at Ssithak] [AUTOMATIC MISS]
Koh: [ATTACK #2 (M)] +1 Falcata (Single) [CRIT 19] [1d20+7 = 15]
Attack [15] -> [at Ssithak] [MISS]

Koh found the wisp still elusive and shouted, "It can still see. Blind this fucking thing Calex!"

[TURN] Crocodile 2

[ROUND 3]

[TURN] Walben Wobblekettle - [Bond to the Land 11(Forrest); AC: 2 | Mage Armor; AC: 4]

Walben Wobblekettle: [SKILL] Diplomacy [1d20+6 = 13]

Walben continued talking to the King as he eyed the combat.  "You see King Vesket, we've been fighting these things for weeks now.  What you have here is an abberation, a kind of magical creature.  This thing is no god." He wanted to say "Bow to me, I am your new god.", but he didn't and grinned and holding out his hands.  "We've got this.  Don't worry."

[TURN] Lizard, Monitor 2
[TURN] Crocodile 1
[TURN] Lizardfolk Braves 1
[TURN] Lizardfolk Braves 2


[TURN] Calex Shadowbourne

Calex Shadowbourne: Spell Recall - lvl 2 (Sw) [2 PP]
Calex Shadowbourne: [CAST] Glitterdust [at Ssithak]
Ssithak: [SAVE] Will [1d20+9 = 16]
Save [16][vs. DC 17] -> [for Ssithak] [vs Calex Shadowbourne] [FAILURE]
Effect ['Blinded'] -> [to Ssithak] [by Calex Shadowbourne]

Calex felt his powers fade as he called on his reserves again and another coating of magical dust fell on the wisp, sparkling its blinding lights.

[TURN] Perlivash

Perlivash: [ATTACK (R)] Ranged Attack [1d20+6 = 25]
Attack [25] -> [at Ssithak] [DEF EFFECTS -12] [HIT]
Effect ['Entangled'] -> [to Ssithak] [by Lomman Stormchest]
Ssithak: [SAVE] Reflex [EFFECTS -2] [1d20+10 = 18]

Perlivash's magical hand hurled another tanglefoot bag, this one striking it easily.  It did not bind the wisp to the hut as he hoped, but he was covered in the stringy goo.  Calex knew that it was blinded now and shouted, "Give it all you have, we're good!"

[TURN] Lomman Stormchest - [DMG: 1d10]

Lomman Stormchest: [ATTACK (M)] Waraxe, dwarven [EFFECTS -2] [1d20+10 = 13]
Attack [13] -> [at Ssithak] [DEF EFFECTS -12] [MISS]
[TURN] Ssithak - [Deafened | Blinded | Entangled]
Calex Shadowbourne: [ATTACK (M)] Waraxe, dwarven [EFFECTS -2] [+2] [15]
Attack [15] -> [at Ssithak] [DEF EFFECTS -12] [HIT]
GM: [ATTACK (M)] Waraxe, dwarven [EFFECTS -2] [+2] [15]
Attack [15] -> [at Ssithak] [DEF EFFECTS -12] [HIT]
Lomman Stormchest: [DAMAGE (M)] Waraxe, dwarven [EFFECTS 1d10+4] [TYPE: slashing (2d10+10=16)] [1d10+1p10+10 = 16]
Damage [16] -> [to Ssithak]

Lomman swung his axe and dealt the wisp a heavy blow.

[TURN] Taboo

Taboo: [ATTACK (M)] bite [MOD:DEX] [1d20+11 = 21]
Taboo: [ATTACK #2 (M)] claw [MOD:DEX] [FULL] [1d20+5 = 19]
Taboo: [ATTACK (M)] claw [MOD:DEX] [FULL] [1d20+10 = 25]
Taboo: [ATTACK (M)] Rake [MOD:DEX] [1d20+10 = 23]
Taboo: [ATTACK (M)] Rake [MOD:DEX] [1d20+10 = 15]
GM: [ATTACK (M)] claw [MOD:DEX] [FULL] [25]
Taboo: [DAMAGE (M)] bite [TYPE: untyped (1d8+7=14)] [1d8+7 = 14]
Taboo: [DAMAGE (M)] claw [TYPE: untyped (1d6+7=13)] [1d6+7 = 13]
Taboo: [DAMAGE (M)] claw [TYPE: untyped (1d6+7=8)] [1d6+7 = 8]
Taboo: [DAMAGE (M)] Rake [TYPE: untyped (1d6+7=8)] [1d6+7 = 8]
Taboo: [DAMAGE (M)] Rake [TYPE: untyped (1d6+7=11)] [1d6+7 = 11]
GM: [DAMAGE (M)] bite [TYPE: untyped (14)] [14]
Damage [14] -> [to Ssithak] [STATUS: Heavy]
GM: [DAMAGE (M)] claw [TYPE: untyped (13)] [13]
Damage [13] -> [to Ssithak]
GM: [DAMAGE (M)] claw [TYPE: untyped (8)] [8]
Damage [8] -> [to Ssithak]
GM: [DAMAGE (M)] Rake [TYPE: untyped (8)] [8]
Damage [8] -> [to Ssithak] [STATUS: Dying]
GM: [DAMAGE (M)] Rake [TYPE: untyped (11)] [11]
Damage [11] -> [to Ssithak] [STATUS: Dead]

Taboo batted the wisp out of the air and then caught it in its jaws, raking his hind claws over it as it killed the ball of energy like a house cat plays with toys.

[2150 XP] -> Lomman Stormchest
[2150 XP] -> Walben Wobblekettle
[2150 XP] -> Koh
[2150 XP] -> Calex Shadowbourne
Awarded XP to the Party (8600): Ssithak (CR7) 3200, Vesket the Lizard King (CR6) 2400, Blood Cayman (CR2x2) 1200, Quest Reward (L5) 1600, 2 Hexes Explored 200
Experience Point Total: 45,727/51,000

This message was last edited by the GM at 23:34, Wed 10 Oct 2018.

DM
 GM, 457 posts
Fri 12 Oct 2018
at 16:18
07: The Birth of a Nation
In reply to DM (msg # 42):

Forty Sixth Session, Played on Fantasy Grounds, October 10th 2018

The date is Starday, 7th Lamashan, 4711 Age of Lost Omens

Upon the fall of the wisp, the Lizardfolk King Vesket regained himself and showed remorse for capturing Tig Tannerson.  It was clear that he was not himself under the sway of the wisp.  The massive Lizardfolk immediately gathered the boy and returned the frightened child to the group, and then ordered his people to prepare a feast in their honor.  The group feasted and spoke with the king of the lizardfolk, making peaceful relations rather easily.  They learned a great deal about the region along the Murque River, including the location of the abandoned keep that matched the vision in the Seeing Pool beneath the dungeon on the Thorn River.  The lizardfolk hunter named Boknar agreed to accompany them on their journey back to Hexhill and serve as an envoy between the settlers and the lizardfolk.

GM: Party is taking an overnight rest.
The date is Sunday, 8th of Lamashan, 4711 Age of Lost Omens


The group set out with Tig Tannerson, giving the boy a huge thrill by letting him ride on Taboo for a little bit with assistance.  They boy clearly was getting over the shock of the trauma and spoke about his desire to go on adventures, despite the harrowing experience he had just suffered.  They were accompanied by Boknar who carried a large bundle of furs to trade in Hexhill.  He told the group that he was a hunter of the tribe.  They told him that they should hunt a creature to bring back to the town for a feast, and he and Walben set out looking for tracks along the way.  After a bit, they found the unmistakeable signs of an owlbear in the area, and set to follow it.

Boknar: [SKILL] Survival [1d20+9 = 12]
Walben Wobblekettle: [SKILL] Survival [1d20+5 = 23]

In an open clearing they could see the beast up ahead.  They saw another figure, crouched down as if in ambush of the beast up ahead as well. The figure was all in black or very dark greens.  Keeping an eye on the figure hidden in the bushes at the periphery of the clearing, they began to rush ahead to bring down the owlbear.

Taboo: [INIT] [1d20+3 = 8]
Walben Wobblekettle: [INIT] [1d20+10 = 23]
Calex Shadowbourne: [INIT] [1d20+7 = 19]
Perlivash: [INIT] [1d20+3 = 15]
Ayami Biksen: [INIT] [1d20+2 = 16]
Lomman Stormchest: [INIT] [1d20+1 = 11]
Calex Shadowbourne: [INIT] [1d20+7 = 16]
Belthazor: [INIT] [1d20+2 = 8]

[ROUND 1]

[TURN] Walben Wobblekettle - [Bond to the Land 11(Forrest); AC: 2 | Mage Armor; AC: 4]

Walben Wobblekettle: [CAST] Fireball [at Owlbear]
Save [12][vs. DC 19] -> [for Owlbear] [vs Walben Wobblekettle] [FAILURE]
Walben Wobblekettle: [DAMAGE] Fireball [TYPE: fire,spell (7d6=21)] [7d6 = 21]
Damage [21] -> [to Owlbear] [STATUS: Wounded]
Walben Wobblekettle: Fireball

Walben set off a ball of fire that burst all around the creature, singeing its fur and feathers.

[TURN] Calex Shadowbourne

Effect ['Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex'] -> [to Perlivash] [by Calex Shadowbourne]
Effect ['Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex'] -> [to Koh] [by Calex Shadowbourne]
Effect ['Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex'] -> [to Calex Shadowbourne]
Effect ['Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex'] -> [to Walben Wobblekettle] [by Calex Shadowbourne]
Effect ['Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex'] -> [to Boknar] [by Calex Shadowbourne]
Effect ['Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex'] -> [to Lomman Stormchest] [by Calex Shadowbourne]
Effect ['Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex'] -> [to Taboo] [by Calex Shadowbourne]
Calex Shadowbourne: Haste

Calex used a spell that seemed to slow down time.

[TURN] Perlivash - [Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex]

Perlivash: [CAST] Grease [at Owlbear]
Owlbear: [SAVE] Reflex [1d20+5 = 6]
Save [6][vs. DC 14] -> [for Owlbear] [vs Perlivash] [FAILURE]
Effect ['Prone'] -> [to Owlbear] [by Calex Shadowbourne]
Perlivash: Grease

Perlivash coated the ground with a slimy substance and the creature fell on its back, its legs kicking up in the air.

[TURN] Lomman Stormchest - [Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex]

Lomman lumbered ahead.

[TURN] Taboo - [Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex]


Taboo: [ATTACK (M)] bite [MOD:DEX] [1d20+11 = 12]
Attack [12] -> [at Owlbear] [DEF EFFECTS -4] [AUTOMATIC MISS]
Taboo: [SAVE] Reflex [EFFECTS +1] [1d20+9 = 11]
Effect ['Prone'] -> [to Taboo]

Taboo rushed ahead and charged at the owlbear, leaping onto it and then slipping off to fall prone himself.

[TURN] Belthazor

Owlbear: [SKILL] Perception [1d20+12 = 16]
Belthazor: [SKILL] Stealth [1d20+7 = 25]

Belthazor breathed a sigh of relief.  He was worried that the owlbear would catch him and that would be the end of him, but the lords of the town he had been staying in had arrived.  He stayed low and moved quickly up to where he could be of some assistance if necessary, but not so close as to endanger himself.

[TURN] Boknar - [Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex]

Boknar: [ATTACK (R)] Javelin [-8] [1d20-5 = 9]
Attack [9] -> [at Owlbear] [DEF EFFECTS +4] [MISS]

Boknar raced forward and hurled a javelin, missing.

[ROUND 2]

[TURN] Walben Wobblekettle - [Bond to the Land 11(Forrest); AC: 2 | Mage Armor; AC: 4 | Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex]

Walben Wobblekettle: [CAST] Scorching Ray [at Owlbear]
Walben Wobblekettle: [ATTACK (R)] Scorching Ray [TOUCH] [1d20+8 = 27]
Attack [27] -> [at Owlbear] [DEF EFFECTS +4] [HIT]
Walben Wobblekettle: [DAMAGE] Scorching Ray [TYPE: fire,spell (4d6=21)] [4d6 = 21]
Damage [21] -> [to Owlbear] [STATUS: Heavy]

Walben blasted the owlbear with a ray of green fire as he moved up quickly into range.

[TURN] Calex Shadowbourne - [Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex]

Effect ['Arcane Pool; DMG: 2; ATK: 2; DMGTYPE: magic'] -> [to Calex Shadowbourne]
Effect ['Shocking Burst; DMGTYPE: electricity; DMG: 1d6'] -> [to Calex Shadowbourne]
Calex Shadowbourne: shocking burst(Su) [2 PP]
Calex Shadowbourne: Arcane Pool (Sw) [1 PP]
Calex Shadowbourne: [ATTACK (M)] +1 Cold Iron Scimitar (1H) [MOD:DEX] [CRIT 15] [EFFECTS +2] [1d20+13 = 29]
Attack [29] -> [at Owlbear] [DEF EFFECTS -4] [CRITICAL THREAT]
Calex Shadowbourne: [ATTACK (M)] +1 Cold Iron Scimitar (1H) [MOD:DEX] [CRIT 15] [EFFECTS +2] [CONFIRM] [1d20+13 = 19]
Attack [19] -> [at Owlbear] [CRITICAL HIT]
Calex Shadowbourne: [DAMAGE (M)] +1 Cold Iron Scimitar (1H) [CRITICAL] [EFFECTS 1d6+4] [TYPE: magic, cold iron, slashing,electricity (2d6+8=17)] [TYPE: magic, cold iron, slashing,critical,electricity (1d6+8=14)] [1d6+1g6+1p6+16 = 31]
Damage [31] -> [to Owlbear] [STATUS: Dying]
Calex Shadowbourne: [DAMAGE] Shocking Grasp (Precocious, Lineage) [CRITICAL] [TYPE: electricity,spell (7d6=27)] [TYPE: electricity,spell,critical (7d6=24)] [7d6+7g6 = 51]
Damage [51] -> [to Owlbear] [STATUS: Dead]

Calex closed the distance rapidly under the effects of his spell and he sent an arc of electricity through the blade as he moved in.  He sliced the owlbear across the throat and then the owlbear began to twich and smoke as the electrified blade ended its life.

Belthazor stood from his second hiding place and said, "I'm glad you came along when you did.  I see you were hunting this creature.  I'm afraid it might have been hunting me."  Belthazor had a dark hood covering his head and a cloth mask covering most of his face.  His skin was as black as night.  He stood about 5 and a half feet tall and was exceptionally thin.  His crossbow was of the hand variety, somewhat rare to see, but his weapons and leather armor appeared mostly ordinary.  He pulled down his face mask and the group could see the angular features that were reminiscent of elves, and his eys were bright white with only a hint of grey for pupils. Calex recalled seeing this strange traveller in the Traveller's Rest the night of Lomman's brawl with the barbarians, and began to speak with the man who named himself Belthazor.  He invited Belthazor to come back with them to Hexhill and they spoke along the way.

From Belthazor it was learned that Eirikk and his barbarians had set out the day after the group left to explore the southeast Narlmarches.  He trailed them at a distance until they crossed the Skunk River at the ford.  He told them that the merchant Gaspari had remained behind and was still staying at the inn.  He told them that he was a traveler who had heard in Daggermark of a new River Kingdom called the Marchlands who had some strange leadership to stay the least.  He travelled to Hexhill to see if he could gain employment.  Most on the surface world had not heard of his people and he was not exactly forthcoming of his heritage, so he let most go on believing that he was an elf of Garundi heritage. Koh was darkskinned as he was and most of the group seemed to not worry about his appearance on the initial meeting, nor had they questioned him when he watched from afar as Lomman bested the barbarian in the taproom of the Traveller's Rest.

Boknar secured a litter to help drag the kill back to Hexhill.  Upon reaching the northern shores of the Tuskwater, the group hailed a small group of fishermen who ferried them back to town.

They feasted the night after the return of Tig Tannerson to his overjoyed parents, and the somewhat glum spirit of the town was greatly uplifted.  They honored Boknar who had negotiated the return of the boy and named him a hero of the land, annoucing their newly agreed upon alliance with the lizardfolk of the region.

GM: Party is taking an overnight rest.

This message was last edited by the GM at 16:20, Fri 12 Oct 2018.

DM
 GM, 459 posts
Sat 20 Oct 2018
at 22:06
07: The Birth of a Nation
In reply to DM (msg # 43):

The date is Moonday, 9th of Lamashan, Age of Lost Omens

Having spoke with him at length during the feast, the group agreed to invite this Belthazor character to accompany them on their next mission.  They were headed to the ruined keep in the Narlmarches, which Walben and Calex suspected was of ancient elven manufacture, and Belthazor had told them that he was of elven blood.  He seemed to be somewhat skilled as well.  They set out the next day and travelled across the ford at the Skunk River and into the southern Narlmarches.  The first day was cool and the autumn was in full effect, many of the trees having shed most of their leaves.  The day was quiet, but once past the river, they noted signs of another shambling mound, and were wary of it. Baknor accompanied them as they would be going towards his village before moving west.

GM:  [1d100 = 81][No Encounter]
GM:  [1d100 = 28][No Encounter]
GM:  [1d100 = 81][No Encounter]
GM:  [1d100 = 98][No Encounter]

GM: Party taking an overnight rest.
The date is Toilday, 10th Lamashan, 4711 Age of Lost Omens


GM:  [1d100 = 16][No Encounter]
GM: [TABLE] Southern Greenbelt Encounter Table: Forest [1d100 = 67]

The group set out to fully explore the area and found further signs of the shambling mound.  They followed it down a game trail and clearly it was close.

Walben Wobblekettle: [SKILL] Survival [1d20+5 = 17]
Lomman Stormchest: [SKILL] Survival [1d20+12 = 23]
Calex Shadowbourne: [SKILL] Perception [1d20+7 = 18]
Lomman Stormchest: [SKILL] Perception [1d20+2 = 6]
Lomman Stormchest: [SKILL] Perception [1d20+2 = 4]
Perlivash: [SKILL] Perception [1d20+8 = 17]
Walben Wobblekettle: [SKILL] Perception [1d20+12 = 28]
Belthazor: [SKILL] Perception Trapfinding [1d20+4 = 18]
Taboo: [SKILL] Perception [1d20+7 = 14]

Shambling Mound: [ATTACK (M)] Slam [1d20+11 = 23]
Attack [23] -> [at Taboo] [DEF EFFECTS +1] [HIT]
Shambling Mound: [DAMAGE (M)] Slam [TYPE: bludgeoning (2d6+5=9)] [2d6+5 = 9]
Damage [9] -> [to Taboo] [STATUS: Wounded]
Shambling Mound: [CMB] [+4] [1d20+16 = 21]
Combat Man. [21] -> [at Taboo] [DEF EFFECTS +1] [MISS]
Walben Wobblekettle: [SKILL] Ride [1d20+5 = 7]
GM:  [1d6 = 1]

Taking the lead, Walben spotted the mound at the last instant as it was well-hidden amongst some trees.  Before he could react, the plant monster slammed Taboo hard across the flank, knocking Walben to the ground as well with a bump.

Calex Shadowbourne: [INIT] [1d20+7 = 15]
Lomman Stormchest: [INIT] [1d20+1 = 20]
Perlivash: [INIT] [1d20+3 = 21]
Walben Wobblekettle: [INIT] [1d20+10 = 13]
Taboo: [INIT] [1d20+3 = 7]
Belthazor: [INIT] [1d20+2 = 21]

[ROUND 1]

[TURN] Perlivash

Perlivash: [CAST] Flare [at Shambling Mound]
Shambling Mound: [SAVE] Fortitude [1d20+9 = 24]
Save [24][vs. DC 13] -> [for Shambling Mound] [vs Perlivash] [SUCCESS]

Perlivash reacted to the presense of the shambling mound and a brief flare of light envoloped what he thought might be the head of the creature.

[TURN] Belthazor

Belthazor: [ATTACK (R)] Crossbow, hand [CRIT 19] [1d20+4 = 24]
Belthazor: [ATTACK (R)] Crossbow, hand [CRIT 19] [CONFIRM] [1d20+4 = 20]
Calex Shadowbourne: [ATTACK (R)] Crossbow, hand [CRIT 19] [24]
Attack [24] -> [at Shambling Mound] [HIT]
Belthazor: [DAMAGE (R)] Crossbow, hand [TYPE: piercing (1d4=2)] [1d4 = 2]
Damage [2] -> [to Shambling Mound] [STATUS: Wounded]
Belthazor: [DAMAGE (R)] Crossbow, hand [CRITICAL] [TYPE: piercing (1d4=1)] [TYPE: piercing,critical (1d4=1)] [1d4+1g4 = 2]
Damage [2] -> [to Shambling Mound] [STATUS: Wounded]

Belthazor sprung into action and fired a shot aimed directly at the flare of light, causing the shambling mound to react.

[TURN] Lomman Stormchest

Shambling Mound: [ATTACK (M)] Slam [1d20+11 = 23]
Attack [23] -> [at Lomman Stormchest] [HIT]
Shambling Mound: [DAMAGE (M)] Slam [TYPE: bludgeoning (2d6+5=7)] [2d6+5 = 7]
Damage [7] -> [to Lomman Stormchest] [STATUS: Wounded]
Shambling Mound: [CMB] [+4] [1d20+16 = 32]
Combat Man. [32] -> [at Lomman Stormchest] [HIT]

Lomman rushed close to the creature and let his guard down.  The creature slammed into him with a heavy trunk-like arm and physically lifted him several feet in the air, waving him around like a doll of sorts.

[TURN] Calex Shadowbourne

Effect ['Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex'] -> [to Walben Wobblekettle] [by Calex Shadowbourne]
Effect ['Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex'] -> [to Perlivash] [by Calex Shadowbourne]
Effect ['Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex'] -> [to Lomman Stormchest] [by Calex Shadowbourne]
Effect ['Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex'] -> [to Belthazor] [by Calex Shadowbourne]
Effect ['Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex'] -> [to Calex Shadowbourne]
Effect ['Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex'] -> [to Taboo] [by Calex Shadowbourne]
Calex Shadowbourne: Haste
Calex Shadowbourne: Arcane Accuracy (Sw) [1 PP]
Effect ['Arcane Pool; DMG: 2; ATK: 2; DMGTYPE: magic'] -> [to Calex Shadowbourne]
Calex Shadowbourne: Arcane Pool (Sw) [1 PP]
Calex Shadowbourne: Icy Burst(Su) [2 PP]
Effect ['Icy Burst; DMGTYPE: cold; DMG: 1d6'] -> [to Calex Shadowbourne]

Calex moved closer to the fray and used his magic to slow down time, while also bringing an icy sheen to his blade.

[TURN] Walben Wobblekettle - [Bond to the Land 11(Forrest); AC: 2 | Mage Armor; AC: 4 | Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex]

Walben Wobblekettle: [CAST] Ray of Enfeeblement [at Shambling Mound]
Walben Wobblekettle: [ATTACK (R)] Ray of Enfeeblement [TOUCH] [1d20+8 = 26]
Attack [26] -> [at Shambling Mound] [HIT]
Shambling Mound: [SAVE] Fortitude [1d20+9 = 25]
Save [25][vs. DC 17] -> [for Shambling Mound] [vs Walben Wobblekettle] [SUCCESS]
Walben Wobblekettle: [SKILL] Knowledge (nature) [1d20+10 = 16]
Walben Wobblekettle: +3 [1d6+3 = 9][HALF, Strength Damage 4]

Walben fired a pale green, sickly ray at the mound and it seemed to diminish in size slightly.

[TURN] Taboo - [Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex]

Taboo: [ATTACK (M)] bite [MOD:DEX] [1d20+11 = 28]
Taboo: [ATTACK #2 (M)] claw [MOD:DEX] [FULL] [1d20+5 = 8]
Taboo: [ATTACK (M)] claw [MOD:DEX] [FULL] [1d20+10 = 23]
Taboo: [ATTACK (M)] Rake [MOD:DEX] [1d20+10 = 27]
Taboo: [ATTACK (M)] Rake [MOD:DEX] [1d20+10 = 24]
Taboo: [ATTACK (M)] bite [MOD:DEX] [1d20+11 = 26]
Attack [26] -> [at Shambling Mound] [HIT]
Taboo: [CMB] [1d20+10 = 29]
Combat Man. [29] -> [at Shambling Mound] [HIT]
Taboo: [DAMAGE (M)] bite [TYPE: untyped (1d8+7=12)] [1d8+7 = 12]
Damage [12] -> [to Shambling Mound]
Taboo: [DAMAGE (M)] bite [TYPE: untyped (1d8+7=13)] [1d8+7 = 13]
Damage [13] -> [to Shambling Mound]
Effect ['Grappled'] -> [to Shambling Mound] [by Taboo]
Taboo: [DAMAGE (M)] claw [TYPE: untyped (1d6+7=8)] [1d6+7 = 8]
Damage [8] -> [to Shambling Mound]
Taboo: [DAMAGE (M)] claw [TYPE: untyped (1d6+7=10)] [1d6+7 = 10]
Damage [10] -> [to Shambling Mound]

Taboo tore into the huge mound of forest vegetation sprung to life and began ripping off huge chunks with his teeth and claws, while holding fast.

[TURN] Shambling Mound - [DMG: -2; ATK: -2 | Grappled]

Shambling Mound: [DAMAGE (M)] Slams [EFFECTS -2] [TYPE: bludgeoning (2d6+3=11)] [2d6+3 = 11]
Damage [11] -> [to Lomman Stormchest]
Shambling Mound: [DAMAGE (M)] Slams [EFFECTS -2] [TYPE: bludgeoning (2d6+3=6)] [2d6+3 = 6]
Damage [6] -> [to Lomman Stormchest]

The mound continued to wave Lomman around like a rag doll, jarring him and slamming him repeatedly off the forest floor.

[ROUND 2]

[TURN] Perlivash - [Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex]


Perlivash: [CAST] Grease [at Shambling Mound]
Shambling Mound: [SAVE] Reflex [EFFECTS -2] [1d20+3 = 7]
Save [7][vs. DC 14] -> [for Shambling Mound] [vs Perlivash] [FAILURE]
Effect ['Prone'] -> [to Shambling Mound] [by Calex Shadowbourne]
Effect ['Prone'] -> [to Lomman Stormchest] [by Calex Shadowbourne]

Perlivash coated the forest floor in a thick layer of viscous grease.  The mound lost its base and fell onto its back, Lomman atop of it, sprawling to gain his feet.

[TURN] Belthazor - [Flanking; ATK: 2 | Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex]

Effect ['Sneak Attack; DMG: 1d6'] -> [to Belthazor]
Effect ['Dirty Fighter; DMG: 1'] -> [to Belthazor]
Belthazor: [ATTACK (M)] Masterwork Shortsword [CRIT 19] [EFFECTS +2] [1d20+7 = 18]
Attack [18] -> [at Shambling Mound] [DEF EFFECTS -6] [HIT]
Belthazor: [DAMAGE (M)] Masterwork Shortsword [TYPE: piercing (1d6+4=9)] [1d6+4 = 9]

Belthazor dropped his crossbow as he moved in and jammed his sword into the creature's 'face'.

[TURN] Lomman Stormchest - [Power Attack (one handed); ATK: -2 melee; CMB: -2 melee; DMG: 4 melee | DMG: 1d10 | Grappled | Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex | Prone]

Lomman Stormchest: [CMB] [EFFECTS -8] [1d20+2 = 11]
Combat Man. [11] -> [at Shambling Mound] [DEF EFFECTS -6] [MISS]
Lomman Stormchest: [CMB] [EFFECTS -8] [1d20+2 = 6]
Combat Man. [6] -> [at Shambling Mound] [DEF EFFECTS -6] [MISS]

Lomman struggled to get free of the mounds grasp but could not break the hold.

[TURN] Calex Shadowbourne - [Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex | Arcane Pool; DMG: 2; ATK: 2; DMGTYPE: magic; [D: 9] | Icy Burst; DMGTYPE: cold; DMG: 1d6; [D: 9]]

Calex Shadowbourne: [ATTACK (M)] +1 Cold Iron Scimitar (1H) [MOD:DEX] [CRIT 15] [EFFECTS +2] [+2] [1d20+15 = 34]
Attack [34] -> [at Shambling Mound] [DEF EFFECTS -6] [CRITICAL THREAT]
Calex Shadowbourne: [ATTACK (M)] +1 Cold Iron Scimitar (1H) [MOD:DEX] [CRIT 15] [EFFECTS +2] [+2] [CONFIRM] [1d20+15 = 23]
Attack [23] -> [at Shambling Mound] [CRITICAL HIT]
Calex Shadowbourne: [DAMAGE (M)] +1 Cold Iron Scimitar (1H) [CRITICAL] [EFFECTS 1d6+4] [TYPE: magic, cold iron, slashing,cold (2d6+8=17)] [TYPE: magic, cold iron, slashing,critical,cold (1d6+8=10)] [1d6+1g6+1p6+16 = 27]
Damage [27] -> [to Shambling Mound] [STATUS: Heavy]

Calex, from the other side of Belathzor closed the distance to the mound and slashed off a huge hunk of the creature.

[TURN] Walben Wobblekettle - [Bond to the Land 11(Forrest); AC: 2 | Mage Armor; AC: 4 | Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex]

Walben Wobblekettle: [CAST] Scorching Ray [at Shambling Mound]
Walben Wobblekettle: [ATTACK (R)] Scorching Ray [TOUCH] [1d20+8 = 26]
Attack [26] -> [at Shambling Mound] [DEF EFFECTS +2] [HIT]
Calex Shadowbourne: [DAMAGE] Icy Burst(Su) [TYPE: cold (1d10=10)] [1d10 = 10]
Damage [10] -> [to Shambling Mound]
Walben Wobblekettle: [DAMAGE] Scorching Ray [TYPE: fire,spell (4d6=17)] [4d6 = 17]
Damage [7] -> [to Shambling Mound] [PARTIALLY RESISTED]

Walben fired a ray of green flame at the mound and it hissed as it interacted with the wet vegetation that comprised the creature.

[TURN] Taboo - [Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex]

Taboo: [ATTACK (M)] bite [MOD:DEX] [1d20+11 = 14]
Attack [14] -> [at Shambling Mound] [DEF EFFECTS -6] [HIT]
Taboo: [ATTACK (M)] claw [MOD:DEX] [FULL] [1d20+10 = 15]
Attack [15] -> [at Shambling Mound] [DEF EFFECTS -6] [HIT]
Taboo: [ATTACK #2 (M)] claw [MOD:DEX] [FULL] [1d20+5 = 24]
Attack [24] -> [at Shambling Mound] [DEF EFFECTS -6] [HIT]
Taboo: [ATTACK (M)] Rake [MOD:DEX] [1d20+10 = 14]
Attack [14] -> [at Shambling Mound] [DEF EFFECTS -6] [HIT]
Taboo: [ATTACK (M)] Rake [MOD:DEX] [1d20+10 = 20]
Attack [20] -> [at Shambling Mound] [DEF EFFECTS -6] [HIT]
Taboo: [DAMAGE (M)] bite [TYPE: untyped (1d8+7=11)] [1d8+7 = 11]
Damage [11] -> [to Shambling Mound] [STATUS: Dying]
Taboo: [DAMAGE (M)] claw [TYPE: untyped (1d6+7=10)] [1d6+7 = 10]
Damage [10] -> [to Shambling Mound]
Taboo: [DAMAGE (M)] claw [TYPE: untyped (1d6+7=9)] [1d6+7 = 9]
Damage [9] -> [to Shambling Mound] [STATUS: Dead]
Taboo: [DAMAGE (M)] Rake [TYPE: untyped (1d6+7=9)] [1d6+7 = 9]
Damage [9] -> [to Shambling Mound]
Taboo: [DAMAGE (M)] Rake [TYPE: untyped (1d6+7=12)] [1d6+7 = 12]
Damage [12] -> [to Shambling Mound]

Taboo continued to tear hunks off the creature in a savage display that left the tiger in a huge pile of mulch and covered with grass and twigs.  When Taboo stood, he shook himself off and bits of the mound flew everywhere.  Lomman stretched his sore shoulder, getting to his feet.  Belthazor, having spent some time talking poisons with Chesk Umberweed, tried to salvage some of the sap of the creature and collected what he could in a jar.

Belthazor:  [1d20+10 = 22][Success]

The group continued south to the area of the lizardfolk village and stopped for the night, camping not far from the village.  They met briefly with the Lizard King and cemented their status as allies, while gaining more information about the Murque River and it's surrounding environs.  They learned that the structure they sought was near the Murque River source some 30 miles west.

The date is Wealday, 11st Lamashan, 4711 Age of Lost Omens

GM:  [1d100 = 75][No Encounter]
GM:  [1d100 = 28][No Encounter]

The next day the moved west along the Murque River exploring the northern portion and camping for the night.

The date is Oathday, 12nd Lamashan, 4711 Age of Lost Omens

GM:  [1d100 = 85][No Encounter]
GM:  [1d100 = 91][No Encounter]
GM:  [1d100 = 32][No Encounter]

The southern portion of the Murque River in this area was explored and they again camped for the night, seeing plenty of game, but little in the way of dangers or interest.

The date is Fireday, 13rd Lamashan, 4711 Age of Lost Omens

GM:  [1d100 = 37][No Encounter]
GM:  [1d100 = 58][No Encounter]

They continued moving west the next day and the weather was dour and rainy, but aside from the chill in the air and the thick fog which shrouded the forest, they discovered little of note.

The date is Starday, 14th Lamashan, 4711 Age of Lost Omens

GM:  [1d100 = 78][No Encounter]
GM:  [1d100 = 27][No Encounter]

The next day was much of the same but the sun began to shine again later in the day.  Belthazor tolerated it, sticking to the darkness of the forest to shade his eyes, while Koh flew high overhead, looking for signs of the keep they sought.

GM: Party taking overnight rest.
The date is Sunday, 15th of Lamashan, 4711 Age of Lost Omens


GM:  [1d100 = 67][No Encounter]

Koh was the first to sight the structure and she guided the group towards the area.  When they could see it from the forest floor, they had to move fairly close as the structure blended into the surrounding woods as if it were a part of it.

A ruined, circular keep looms out of the forest, surrounded by towering, ancient trees draped with hanging moss. Four circular towers sprout from the cracked walls like the trunks of great trees, at least one crumbled into rubble. Twisting vines and thick moss cover the walls in a coat of verdant green, blending the ruins almost seamlessly into the surrounding woods. The overgrown remains of a path lead to an open, arched gateway gaping in the keepís eastern wall, its doors long since rotted away.

Walben Wobblekettle: [SKILL] Knowledge (nature) [1d20+10 = 14]
Lomman Stormchest: [SKILL] Knowledge (Engineering) [UNTRAINED] [1d20+1 = 6]

The northeast tower is open to the sky, its roof and interior levels having fallen away long ago.

The upper reaches of this tower have completely collapsed, filling the interior with debris and rubble.

A graceful tower rises out of the keepís central courtyard, now overgrown with bushes, undergrowth, and several sizable trees. Like the outer walls, the tower is draped with vines and creepers, and several small plants have taken up residence on ledges and in cracks along its sides.

Walben Wobblekettle [Common]: "Belthazor check it out and bring your poison."  Belthazor nodded and Walben grinned.
Walben Wobblekettle [Common]: "When he goes in .....we leave."  The gnome gave the dark newcomer a wink as Koh scanned the place from above.  Lomman took to scouting the area by levitating over the walls and into the keep itself by bounding off the roof and towards the central tower.  Beltahzor too levitated up to the top of the wall near the entrance to keep watch, while Calex, Walben and Taboo made a circuit around the outside of the keep's walls.  Perlivash fluttered around excitedly over the height of the walls watching Lomman for danger, but keeping Calex and Walben in sight.

Lomman Stormchest: [SKILL] Perception [1d20+2 = 18]

This wide chamber has an impressive vaulted ceiling. Though obscured in places by earth and undergrowth, the hallís floor is crafted of smooth stone tiles in multicolored pastel hues. The walls of the chamber are decorated with faded frescoes of sylvan life, showing scenes of beautiful elves engaged in hunting, feasting, dancing, singing, and a bewildering variety of other idyllic pursuits. To the west, a graceful, filigreed stone staircase, garlanded with flowering vines, climbs to the level above.

Once satisfied they had scouted the keep properly, they settled on scaling the walls to the west of the keep near the northwest tower and the skull intwined vines that seemed to decorate the outside of this particular tower.

Lomman Stormchest: [SKILL] Perception [1d20+2 = 22]
Belthazor: [SKILL] Perception [1d20+9 = 23]
Taboo: [SKILL] Climb [1d20+10 = 25]
Walben Wobblekettle: [SKILL] Climb [1d20-1 = 13]
Calex Shadowbourne: [SKILL] Climb [1d20+1 = 8]
Belthazor: [SKILL] Climb [1d20+3 = 8]
Belthazor: [SKILL] Stealth [+10] [1d20+17 = 36]

Unidentified Creature: [SKILL] Perception [1d20+15 = 26]

Once they gathered on the top of the outer wall, they hauled up the rope and dropped it down into the keep and the overgrown courtyard of the keep.  The dark grey clouds in the sky  were ideal for Belhazor and he decided to descend to the inner keep first as Koh flew circles overhead looking for danger.  When he reached the ground, he felt the back of his leg burn with pain as a slight noise in the underbrush sounded behind him.  Walben could see a small fey creature move away in the blink of an eye.

Unidentified Creature: [ATTACK (M)] +1 short sword [CRIT 19] [CA] [EFFECTS +2] [1d20+15 = 30]
Attack [30] -> [at Belthazor] [DEF EFFECTS -2] [HIT]
Unidentified Creature: [DAMAGE (M)] +1 short sword [TYPE: piercing,magic (1d4+2d6=9)] [1d4+2g6 = 9]
Damage [3] -> [to Belthazor] [STATUS: Wounded]
Belthazor: [SAVE] Fortitude [1d20 = 1][FAILURE]
GM:  [1d2 = 2][POISON, STRENGTH DAMAGE] -> to Belthazor

Unidentified Creature: [SKILL] Stealth [1d20+23 = 26]
Walben Wobblekettle: [SKILL] Perception [1d20+12 = 32]
Lomman Stormchest: [SKILL] Perception [1d20+2 = 3]
Taboo: [SKILL] Perception [1d20+7 = 9]
Walben Wobblekettle: [SKILL] Knowledge (nature) [1d20+10 = 20]

"Great.  A quickling." Walben said as he prepared to spring into action...

[600 XP] -> Lomman Stormchest
[600 XP] -> Walben Wobblekettle
[600 XP] -> Koh
[600 XP] -> Calex Shadowbourne
Awarded XP to the Party. (2400)
[240 XP] -> Belthazor
[240 XP] -> Calex Shadowbourne
[240 XP] -> Lomman Stormchest
[240 XP] -> Koh
[240 XP] -> Walben Wobblekettle
Awarded XP to the Party. (1200)
[60 XP] -> Belthazor
[60 XP] -> Calex Shadowbourne
[60 XP] -> Lomman Stormchest
[60 XP] -> Koh
[60 XP] -> Walben Wobblekettle
Awarded XP to the Party. (300)

This message was last edited by the GM at 22:09, Sat 20 Oct 2018.

DM
 GM, 460 posts
Wed 31 Oct 2018
at 02:30
07: The Birth of a Nation
In reply to DM (msg # 44):

Forty Seventh Session, Played on Fantasy Grounds October 24th, 2018

Calex Shadowbourne: [INIT] [1d20+7 = 8]
Koh: [INIT] [1d20+3 = 5]
Lomman Stormchest: [INIT] [1d20+1 = 16]
Perlivash: [INIT] [1d20+3 = 22]
Walben Wobblekettle: [INIT] [1d20+10 = 13]
Belthazor: [INIT] [1d20+2 = 18]
Taboo: [INIT] [1d20+3 = 4]

[TURN] Grimstalker

The creature in the northeast tower peered out of the arrowslit, clinging to the interior wall.  He could see below there were interlopers on the curtain wall.  He mentally called to his guardian, the carnivorous plant he had raised from a cutting.

[TURN] Perlivash

Perlivash flew up to the top of the tower and beyond sthe other side of it to get a good view of the courtyard of the keep.

[TURN] Belthazor

Belthazor: [SKILL] Stealth [1d20+7 = 9]

This tower stretches high into the sky, its upper reaches hidden in the forestís canopy. The vines choking the towerís exterior, which are festooned with bleached humanoid skulls, nearly obscure the dark arrow slits. At ground level, a closed wooden door hides behind a cloak of hanging vines.

Belthazor: [SAVE] Fortitude [1d20+1 = 14][SUCCESS]

Belthazor ducked down  and used the overgrown vegetation for cover as he tried to hide from his assailant.

[TURN] Lomman Stormchest

Lomman activated his magical boots and levitated to the courtyard below. He could feel the poison in his system but it did not slow him down.

[TURN] Quickling

Quickling: [ATTACK (M)] +1 short sword [CRIT 19] [CA] [EFFECTS +2] [1d20+15 = 22]
Attack [22] -> [at Lomman Stormchest] [DEF EFFECTS -1] [HIT]
Quickling: [DAMAGE (M)] Sneak Attack +1 short sword [TYPE: piercing (2d6+1d4=6)] [1d4+2d6 = 6]
Damage [6] -> [to Lomman Stormchest]
Lomman Stormchest: [SAVE] Fortitude [+2] [1d20+11 = 22][SUCCESS]

As Lomman felt the ground beneath his boots, he saw a blur of movement out of the corner of his eye and then felt a jab of pain as something tried to penetrate his heavy armor.

[TURN] Walben Wobblekettle - [Bond to the Land 11(Forrest); AC: 2 | Mage Armor; AC: 4]

Walben Wobblekettle: [SKILL] Perception [1d20+12 = 26][SUCCESS]

Walben Wobblekettle: [CAST] Scorching Ray [at Assassin Vine]
Walben Wobblekettle: [ATTACK (R)] Scorching Ray [TOUCH] [1d20+8 = 21]
Attack [21] -> [at Assassin Vine] [HIT]
Walben Wobblekettle: [CAST] Scorching Ray [at Assassin Vine]
Walben Wobblekettle: [ATTACK (R)] Scorching Ray [TOUCH] [1d20+8 = 21]
Attack [21] -> [at Assassin Vine] [HIT]
Walben Wobblekettle: [DAMAGE] Scorching Ray [TYPE: fire,spell (4d6=6)] [4d6 = 6]
Damage [0] -> [to Assassin Vine] [RESISTED]
Walben Wobblekettle: [DAMAGE] Scorching Ray [TYPE: fire,spell (4d6=7)] [4d6 = 7]
Damage [0] -> [to Assassin Vine] [RESISTED]

Walben saw the vines that surrounded the door below begin to move and he recognized the plant instantly.  He fired off two rays of green fire at the plant that only turned to vapor when it hit the damp branches of the creature.

[TURN] Assassin Vine

Assassin Vine: [ATTACK (M)] Slam [1d20+7 = 22]
Attack [22] -> [at Belthazor] [HIT]
Assassin Vine: [DAMAGE (M)] Slam [TYPE: bludgeoning (1d8+7=14)] [1d8+7 = 14]
Damage [14] -> [to Assassin Vine] [STATUS: Wounded]
Assassin Vine: [CMB] [1d20+9 = 26]
Combat Man. [26] -> [at Belthazor] [HIT]
Effect ['Grappled'] -> [to Belthazor] [by Assassin Vine]

Belthazor, focused on the fast moving fey that Walben warned of, felt a powerful vine wrap around his legs and drag him back towards the door.

[TURN] Calex Shadowbourne

Calex Shadowbourne: [CAST] Shatter

Calex called forth a spell that caused an area near the central tower to burst with force and he saw many twigs and braches snap, but not his desired target.

[TURN] Koh

Assassin Vine: [ATTACK (M)] Slam [1d20+7 = 15]
Attack [15] -> [at Koh] [MISS]
Effect ['Death from Above; ATK: 5; AC: -2'] -> [to Koh]
Koh: [ATTACK (M)] +1 Falcata (Single) [CRIT 19] [EFFECTS +5] [1d20+17 = 23]
Attack [23] -> [at Assassin Vine] [HIT]
Koh: [DAMAGE (M)] +1 Falcata (Single) [TYPE: slashing, magic (1d8+5=10)] [1d8+5 = 10]
Damage [10] -> [to Assassin Vine] [STATUS: Wounded]

Koh, flying high above the tower, went into a dive.  She drove down towards the vines dragging Belthazor towards the tower, pulling up at the last instant into a hover and slashing at the plant creature known as an assassin vine, slashing at it with her blade.  She hacked off a good chunk and Belthazor felt something of a moment of relief.

[TURN] Taboo

Taboo: [SKILL] Climb [1d20+10 = 13]
Taboo: [SKILL] Acrobatics [1d20+8 = 21]

Taboo started down the wall head first and leapt off into a large tree in the courtyard below, grabbing the limbs and then proceeding down into the courtyard.

[ROUND 2]


[TURN] Grimstalker

Grimstalker: [SKILL] Stealth [+8] [1d20+26 = 30]
Calex Shadowbourne: [SKILL] Perception [1d20+7 = 8]
Walben Wobblekettle: [SKILL] Perception [1d20+12 = 22]

The fey assassin crawled from the arrowslit and began making his way towards the prey standing atop the wall.

[TURN] Perlivash

Perlivash: [SKILL] Perception [1d20+8 = 11]

Perlivash coated Belthazor with a thick layer of grease to aid the drow's escape.

[TURN] Belthazor - [Grappled]

Belthazor: [SKILL] Escape Artist [EFFECTS -2] [+10] [1d20+15 = 35]

Belthazor slipped from the grasping vine and then ducked back away from it.

[TURN] Lomman Stormchest

Assassin Vine: [ATTACK (M)] Slam [1d20+7 = 22]
Attack [22] -> [at Lomman Stormchest] [HIT]
Assassin Vine: [DAMAGE (M)] Slam [TYPE: bludgeoning (1d8+7=12)] [1d8+7 = 12]
Damage [12] -> [to Lomman Stormchest]
Assassin Vine: [CMB] [1d20+9 = 20]
Combat Man. [20] -> [at Lomman Stormchest] [MISS]
Lomman Stormchest: [ATTACK (M)] Waraxe, dwarven [EFFECTS -2] [1d20+10 = 19]
GM: [ATTACK (M)] Waraxe, dwarven [EFFECTS -2] [19]
Attack [19] -> [at Assassin Vine] [HIT]
Lomman Stormchest: [DAMAGE (M)] Waraxe, dwarven [EFFECTS 1d10+4] [TYPE: slashing (2d10+10=19)] [1d10+1p10+10 = 19]
Damage [19] -> [to Assassin Vine] [STATUS: Heavy]

Lomman moved in quickly towards the vine that shot out at him now, and it tried to snatch him up but he was too well defended.  He pushed through the assault and drove his axe into the creature heavily.

[TURN] Quickling

Quickling: [ATTACK (M)] Sneak Attack +1 short sword [CRIT 19] [CA] [EFFECTS +2] [1d20+15 = 24]
Attack [24] -> [at Taboo] [DEF EFFECTS -3] [HIT]
Quickling: [DAMAGE (M)] Sneak Attack +1 short sword [TYPE: piercing (2d6+1d4=12)] [1d4+2d6 = 12]
Damage [12] -> [to Taboo]
Taboo: [SAVE] Fortitude [1d20+9 = 27]

[TURN] Walben Wobblekettle - [Bond to the Land 11(Forrest); AC: 2 | Mage Armor]

Walben Wobblekettle: [SKILL] Perception [1d20+12 = 17]
Walben Wobblekettle: [CAST] Scorching Ray [at Assassin Vine]
Walben Wobblekettle: [ATTACK (R)] Scorching Ray [TOUCH] [1d20+8 = 21]
Attack [21] -> [at Assassin Vine] [HIT]
Walben Wobblekettle: [CAST] Scorching Ray [at Assassin Vine]
Walben Wobblekettle: [ATTACK (R)] Scorching Ray [TOUCH] [1d20+8 = 27]
Attack [27] -> [at Assassin Vine] [HIT]
Walben Wobblekettle: [DAMAGE] Scorching Ray [TYPE: fire,spell (4d6=11)] [4d6 = 11]
Damage [1] -> [to Assassin Vine] [PARTIALLY RESISTED]
Walben Wobblekettle: [DAMAGE] Scorching Ray [TYPE: fire,spell (4d6=17)] [4d6 = 17]
Damage [7] -> [to Assassin Vine] [PARTIALLY RESISTED]

Walben quickly scanned the courtyard for the quickling and then fired two more rays at the vine.  This pair, though somewhat innefective, seemed to cause the creature to recoil.

[TURN] Assassin Vine

Assassin Vine: [ATTACK (M)] Slam [1d20+7 = 9]
Attack [9] -> [at Koh] [DEF EFFECTS -2] [MISS]

The vine shot out at Koh who batted it away with her twin blades.

[TURN] Calex Shadowbourne

Calex Shadowbourne: Magic Missile
Calex Shadowbourne: [SKILL] Perception [1d20+7 = 17]
Calex Shadowbourne: [DAMAGE] Magic Missile [TYPE: force,spell (3d4+3=9)] [3d4+3 = 9]
Damage [9] -> [to Assassin Vine] [STATUS: Dying]
Calex Shadowbourne: [SKILL] Climb [1d20+1 = 19]

Calex fired two bolts of force at the vine which caused it to still, and then began climbing the clinging vines of the curtain wall into the courtyard.

[TURN] Koh

Koh: [ABILITY] Strength check [1d20+4 = 13]
Koh moved towards the tower door now that the assassin vine seemed dead and she tried to open it, but the door held fast.

[TURN] Taboo

Taboo: [SKILL] Perception [1d20+7 = 26]

Taboo sniffed the ground like a hound trying to suss out the whereabouts of the quickling.

[ROUND 3]



[TURN] Grimstalker

Walben Wobblekettle: [SKILL] Perception [1d20+12 = 22]
Effect ['Flat-footed'] -> [to Walben Wobblekettle] [by Grimstalker]
Grimstalker: [ATTACK (M)] Claws [1d20+9 = 13]
Attack [13] -> [at Walben Wobblekettle] [DEF EFFECTS +3] [MISS]

Walben didn't even see it, but a clawed hand swept past his face.  Walben leapt back out of instinct and saw the sharp-toothed humanoid that tried to kill him.  He called out, "There's an undead on the wall!"

[TURN] Perlivash [Invisible D3]


Perlivash: [SKILL] Perception [1d20+8 = 25]

Perlivash faded from sight as he moved into the tower via an arrowslit.  He flitted in, looked around and saw that there used to be a wooden floor up near the arrowslit's height, but it was essentially rotted away.  The walls interior walls were covered in dead brown vines, woven with more bleached skulls.  On the floor of the tower, near the west wall, he could see a chest.  He exited the tower.

[TURN] Belthazor

Belthazor: [SKILL] Perception [1d20+9 = 14]
Belthazor: [SKILL] Disable Device [1d20+8 = 26]

Belthazor moved to the door, quickly examining it.  He slipped his shortsword between the door and the jamb and lifted.  He could fee the bar beyond resist.  Using both hands, he lifted the bar free and heard it clatter to the ground on the opposite side.  "That should do it."  He stepped back a bit so Koh could go first.

[TURN] Lomman Stormchest - [Power Attack (one handed); ATK: -2 melee; CMB: -2 melee; DMG: 4 melee | DMG: 1d10]

Lomman Stormchest: [SKILL] Perception [1d20+2 = 4]

Lomman looked up and could hear Walben yell.  He began floating up towards the top of the wall, but he could not see what he was yelling about.

[TURN] Quickling

Quickling: [ATTACK (M)] +1 short sword [CRIT 19] [CA] [EFFECTS +2] [1d20+15 = 21]
Attack [21] -> [at Taboo] [DEF EFFECTS -3] [HIT]
Quickling: [DAMAGE (M)] Sneak Attack +1 short sword [TYPE: piercing (2d6+1d4=14)] [1d4+2d6 = 14]
Damage [14] -> [to Taboo]
Taboo: [SAVE] Fortitude [1d20+9 = 20] [SUCCESS]

Taboo: [ATTACK (M)] bite [MOD:DEX] [1d20+11 = 26]
Taboo: [DAMAGE (M)] bite [TYPE: untyped (1d8+7=8)] [1d8+7 = 8]
GM: [ATTACK (M)] bite [MOD:DEX] [26]
Attack [26] -> [at Quickling] [HIT] [MISS CHANCE 50%]
GM: [ATTACK (M)] bite [MOD:DEX] [MISS CHANCE 50%] [MISS] [1d100 = 21]

Taboo, ready for the quickling, felt the blade slash his foreleg and snapped out with his mighty jaws, narrowly missing the invisible fey creature.

[TURN] Walben Wobblekettle - [Bond to the Land 11(Forrest); AC: 2 | Mage Armor; AC: 4]

Walben Wobblekettle: [CONCENTRATION] [MOD:CHA] (Spell Class +8) [1d20+21 = 37][SUCCESS]
Walben Wobblekettle: [CAST] Chill Touch (vs. undead) [at Grimstalker]
Walben Wobblekettle: [ATTACK (M)] Chill Touch (vs. undead) [TOUCH] [1d20+3 = 12]
Attack [12] -> [at Grimstalker] [MISS]
Walben Wobblekettle: [SKILL] Knowledge (nature) [1d20+10 = 11]
Walben Wobblekettle: [CL CHECK] Chill Touch (vs. undead) [at Grimstalker] [TARGET HAS NO SR] [1d20+7 = 25]

Walben used a spell versus undead, but he could not manage to touch the creature that was clinging to the wall above him.  He moved back, holding out his hand to ward it off as it glowed a sickly olive green in color.

[TURN] Calex Shadowbourne

Calex Shadowbourne: [SKILL] Perception [1d20+7 = 21]
Calex Shadowbourne: [SKILL] Climb [1d20+1 = 17]
Calex Shadowbourne: [CAST] Disrupt Undead [at Grimstalker]
Calex Shadowbourne: [ATTACK (R)] Disrupt Undead [TOUCH] [1d20+10 = 11]
Attack [11] -> [at Grimstalker] [AUTOMATIC MISS]

Calex climbed back to the top of the wall and fired a ray of pale light at the undead looking assassin on the wall.  The ray passed through Walben harmlessly.

[TURN] Koh

Koh kicked in the door with a taloned foot and then peered inside.  Seeing nothing to kill, she took to the wing and flew up to the level of the wall.

[TURN] Taboo

Taboo turned to see what the commotion was on the wall and made a move back towards it to climb up, but Walben yelled, "Stay down there Taboo, there's an undead up here!"

[ROUND 4]

[TURN] Grimstalker

Lomman Stormchest: [ATTACK (M)] Dwarven Waraxe [EFFECTS -2] [1d20+10 = 22]
Attack [22] -> [at Grimstalker] [HIT]
Lomman Stormchest: [DAMAGE (M)] Waraxe, dwarven [EFFECTS 1d10+4] [TYPE: slashing (1d10+10=33)] [1d10+3 = 13]
Damage [88] -> [to Grimstalker] [PARTIALLY RESISTED] [STATUS: Wounded]
Koh: [ATTACK (M)] +1 Falcata (Single) [CRIT 19] [1d20+12 = 24]
Attack [24] -> [at Grimstalker] [HIT]
Koh: [DAMAGE (M)] +1 Falcata (Single) [TYPE: slashing, magic (1d8+5=8)] [1d8+5 = 8]
Damage [3] -> [to Grimstalker] [PARTIALLY RESISTED]

The grimstalker could see that it was being converged on and spun to climb the wall to the arrowslit. Lomman and Koh managed to strike it, although it did not seem that harmed by their weapons.  The humanoid made it to the arrowslit and vanished inside.

[TURN] Perlivash

Perlivash: [SKILL] Perception [1d20+8 = 12]
Grimstalker: [SKILL] Stealth [-10] [1d20+8 = 22]

Perlivash continued to monitor the tower through the arrowslit on the opposite side of the tower, but saw nothing.

[TURN] Belthazor

Belthazor: [SKILL] Perception [1d20+10 = 21]
Belthazor: [SKILL] Perception Trapfinding [1d20+13 = 31]

Belthazor could hear the yelling outside the tower and looked up, as he quickly scanned for enemies or traps.  He saw neither.

[TURN] Lomman Stormchest - [Power Attack (one handed); ATK: -2 melee; CMB: -2 melee; DMG: 4 melee]

Lomman Stormchest: [SKILL] Perception [1d20+2 = 11]

Lomman floated up to the arrowslit, his axe at the ready, and peered inside, seeing nothing.

[TURN] Quickling

Quickling: [ATTACK (M)] Sneak Attack +1 short sword [CRIT 19] [CA] [EFFECTS +2] [1d20+15 = 31]
Attack [31] -> [at Taboo] [DEF EFFECTS -3] [HIT]
Quickling: [DAMAGE (M)] Sneak Attack +1 short sword [TYPE: piercing (2d6+1d4=7)] [1d4+2d6 = 7]
Damage [7] -> [to Taboo]
Taboo: [SAVE] Fortitude [1d20+9 = 19][SUCCESS]

Taboo spun around as he felt another slash, this time at his back.  He could only see a blur of movement as the impossibly fast fey raced past.

[TURN] Walben Wobblekettle - [Bond to the Land 11(Forrest); AC: 2 | Mage Armor; AC: 4]

Walben Wobblekettle: Fly

Walben cast a spell and began to fly down to the courtyard below, seeing Taboo harried by the quickling. He flew down and got close to Belthazor and said, "Stand still, this won't hurt a bit..." as he raised a sickly glowing hand to the drow.

[TURN] Calex Shadowbourne

Calex moved towards the rope and then lowered himself along the wall into the courtyard below.

[TURN] Koh


Koh: [SKILL] Perception [1d20+5 = 16]

Koh flew down the wall and into the tower, landing and opening her wings up wide to halt her progress.  She could see Belthazor standing at the door way and flew past him.

[TURN] Taboo


This time, Taboo readied himself for the quickling.

[ROUND 5]

[TURN] Grimstalker


Grimstalker: [SKILL] Stealth [+8] [1d20+26 = 39]

The grimstalker clung to the wall and made his way to another arrowslit and back out.  He had no doubt the Dancing Lady had heard the commotion and would make herself seen to the group.  He would then strike.

[TURN] Perlivash - [Invisible]

Perlivash kept watch inside and out, but saw nothing, hearing only the commotion in the tower and the angry cat howls of Taboo from the courtyard.  Perlivash then greased the area in front of Taboo, hoping to catch the quickling with a slip.

[TURN] Belthazor

Belthazor: [SKILL] Sense Motive [1d20+7 = 15]

Belthazor eyed Walben with suspicion but held his ground.  If they were going to kill him, which didn't seem their methods, this would be the perfect place.  Out in the wilderness with nobody to see or question any story they might concoct.  Still, from what he knew of them, it didn't seem their method. He held his ground and waited somewhat anxiously.

[TURN] Lomman Stormchest - [Power Attack (one handed); ATK: -2 melee; CMB: -2 melee; DMG: 4 melee]

Lomman Stormchest: [SKILL] Perception [1d20+2 = 22]

Lomman floated up to the roof of the tower and began to look around for the strange greyish green humanoid with the maw of sharpened teeth.

[TURN] Quickling

Quickling: [SAVE] Reflex [1d20+16 = 30]
Save [30][vs. DC 14] -> [for Quickling] [vs Perlivash] [SUCCESS]
Quickling: [ATTACK (M)] Sneak Attack +1 short sword [CRIT 19] [CA] [EFFECTS +2] [1d20+15 = 19]
Attack [19] -> [at Taboo] [DEF EFFECTS -3] [HIT]
Quickling: [DAMAGE (M)] Sneak Attack +1 short sword [TYPE: piercing (2d6+1d4=14)] [1d4+2d6 = 14]
Damage [14] -> [to Taboo] [STATUS: Heavy]
Taboo: [SAVE] Fortitude [1d20+9 = 14][SUCCESS]

Taboo: [ATTACK (M)] bite [MOD:DEX] [1d20+11 = 31]
Taboo: [ATTACK (M)] bite [MOD:DEX] [CONFIRM] [1d20+11 = 28]
Taboo: [DAMAGE (M)] bite [CRITICAL] [TYPE: untyped (1d8+7=15)] [TYPE: critical (1d8+7=12)] [1d8+1g8+14 = 27]
GM: [ATTACK (M)] bite [MOD:DEX] [31]
Attack [31] -> [at Quickling] [HIT] [MISS CHANCE 50%]
GM: [ATTACK (M)] bite [MOD:DEX] [MISS CHANCE 50%] [MISS] [1d100 = 1]

Rigg Gargadilly came in for another pass and used the greased ground to increase his speed as his blade slashed Taboo across the face, drawing blood.  He tiger roared and nearly caught the quickling as Rigg raced away.

[TURN] Walben Wobblekettle - [Bond to the Land 11(Forrest); AC: 2 | Mage Armor; AC: 4 | Flat-footed]

Walben Wobblekettle:  [2d8+3 = 13]

Walben offered Belthazor a potion and said, "Drink this.  You owe me three hundred gold pieces."  He chuckled as Belthazor drank down the liquid.

[TURN] Belthazor


Belthazor: [SKILL] Perception Trapfinding [1d20+13 = 24]

Feeling most of his vigor restored, Belthazor tried to scan the chest for traps.

[TURN] Calex Shadowbourne

Calex readied another spell should the quickling make another pass.

[TURN] Koh

Koh: "I steal the chest!", she thought to herself but it didn't seem much of a plan with everyone around and watching.
Koh: "I could just break that open!"  She jammed her falcata between the boards and tried to pry it open.  Belthazor looked on with a strange  sense of amusement.

Koh: [ABILITY] Strength check [1d20+4 = 16]
Koh: [DAMAGE (M)] +1 Falcata (Single) [TYPE: slashing, magic (1d8+5=10)] [1d8+5 = 10]

The chest held firm and Belthazor said, "If you give me a moment, I can open this."  Koh seemed to not care or understand.

[TURN] Taboo

Taboo readied himself for another pass, bleeding from his several wounds.

[ROUND 6]

[TURN] Grimstalker


The grimstalker climbed along the outer wall like some sort of alien creature.

[TURN] Perlivash - [Invisible]

Perlivash: Invisibility, Greater
Perlivash: [SKILL] Perception [1d20+8 = 22]

Perlivash renewed his invisibility as he scanned the courtyard.

[TURN] Lomman Stormchest - [Power Attack (one handed); ATK: -2 melee; CMB: -2 melee; DMG: 4 melee]

Lomman Stormchest: [SKILL] Knowledge (Dungeoneering) [1d20+11 = 13]

Lomman examined the roof of the tower and found a hole big enough to levitate down through.

[TURN] Quickling

A shrill voice rang out from in front of the southwestern tower.  "You idiots!  I'm over here!"  They looked and saw nothing, suspecting some manner of fey trick.

[TURN] Walben Wobblekettle - [Bond to the Land 11(Forrest); AC: 2 | Mage Armor; AC: 4]

Walben Wobblekettle: [2d8+7 = 13]

Walben used his spell and healed Taboo for some of his pains.

[TURN] Belthazor

Belthazor: [SKILL] Disable Device [1d20+10 = 14]

Belthazor began to work the lock once he was convinced it wasn't trapped, but could make no progress with Koh jostling it around trying to pry it open and grunting like a maniac.

[TURN] Calex Shadowbourne

Calex patiently bided his time and held his spell.

[TURN] Koh


Koh: [ABILITY] Strength check [1d20+4 = 7]
Koh: [DAMAGE (M)] +1 Falcata (Single) [TYPE: slashing, magic (1d8+5=7)] [1d8+5 = 7]

Koh made no more headway on the chest than she did earlier.

[TURN] Taboo

Taboo hunched down, waiting to strike.

[ROUND 7]

[TURN] Grimstalker


Calex Shadowbourne: [SKILL] Perception [1d20+7 = 25]
Walben Wobblekettle: [SKILL] Perception [1d20+12 = 21]
Grimstalker: [SKILL] Stealth [1d20+18 = 29]
Taboo: [SKILL] Perception [1d20+7 = 10]

The grimstalker made his way over the wall and froze when he saw Calex and Walben peer over in his direction.

[TURN] Perlivash

Perlivash: [SKILL] Perception [1d20+8 = 16]

Perlivash waited excitedly.  Never before had he seen such fey creatures and could sense the evil in the place.

[TURN] Lomman Stormchest - [Power Attack (one handed); ATK: -2 melee; CMB: -2 melee; DMG: 4 melee]

Lomman began examining the stone work of the upper tower, concluding that it was ancient, and most likely made by elves.

[TURN] Quickling

Rigg continued to assail the group verbally, "Hey, you idiots, I said I'm over here!"

[TURN] Walben Wobblekettle - [Bond to the Land 11(Forrest); AC: 2 | Mage Armor; AC: 4 | Flat-footed]

Walben Wobblekettle: [CAST] Entangle [at Quickling]
Walben Wobblekettle: [CAST] Entangle [at Taboo]
Taboo: [SAVE] Reflex [1d20+8 = 22]
Save [22][vs. DC 14] -> [for Taboo] [vs Walben Wobblekettle] [SUCCESS]
Quickling: [SAVE] Reflex [1d20+16 = 26]
Save [26][vs. DC 14] -> [for Quickling] [vs Walben Wobblekettle] [SUCCESS]

Walben called on his fey heritage and the courtyard's mass of foliage sprang to life, writhing and grasping.  Taboo was at ease in the entangled sprawl of plant-life and easily moved out of it.  Rigg jumped back, not expecting that.

[TURN] Belthazor

Belthazor: [SKILL] Disable Device [1d20+10 = 13]

Belthazor continued with the lock, but made no further headway as Koh proved a right distraction to his work.

[TURN] Calex Shadowbourne

Calex waited for the other shoe to drop, if nothing else he was patient, unlike those in the tower doing gods knows what.

[TURN] Koh

Koh: [ABILITY] Strength check [1d20+4 = 23]

Koh popped the lid of the chest open with a snap of wood as the locking mechanism buckled.  Belthazor sprang away as the chest tipped over and spilled its contents out.  A velvet green cloak, some jewels and gems, and a decent bit of metal coins spilled into the upturned lid and onto the floor of the tower.

[TURN] Taboo

Taboo waited.

[ROUND 8]

[TURN] Grimstalker

Calex Shadowbourne: [SKILL] Perception [1d20+7 = 13]
Taboo: [SKILL] Perception [1d20+7 = 23]
Perlivash: [SKILL] Perception [1d20+8 = 19]
Grimstalker: [SKILL] Stealth [1d20+18 = 33]
Walben Wobblekettle: [SKILL] Perception [1d20+12 = 14]

The grimstalker made his way down the wall to the courtyard below.

[TURN] Perlivash

Perlivash: [SKILL] Perception [1d20+8 = 23]

Perlivash continued to watch, the excitement building.

[TURN] Lomman Stormchest

Lomman floated back up to the roof and outside.

[TURN] Quickling

Quickling: [SAVE] Reflex [1d20+16 = 30]

Rigg made his way out of the entangled area and looked for another good chance to strike, moving quickly back and forth.

[TURN] Walben Wobblekettle - [Bond to the Land 11(Forrest); AC: 2 | Mage Armor; AC: 4]

Walben Wobblekettle: [1d8+5 = 11]

Walben cured some more of Taboo's wounds, his healing magic nearly spent.

[TURN] Belthazor

Belthazor: [CAST] Detect Magic

Belthazor scanned the chest's contents for magic but saw no difinitive sign.

[TURN] Calex Shadowbourne

Calex waited with the patience of a hunter.  Sooner or later these fey creatures would slip up.

[TURN] Koh

[PARTY] -> [Koh] : Emerald
[PARTY] -> [Koh] : Moonstone

Koh snatched up two stones that rolled out of the chest, mesmerized by them.  "Shiny..." she muttered over and over.

[TURN] Taboo

Taboo waited, like a house cat waiting on the imminent arrival of a mouse.

[ROUND 9]

[TURN] Grimstalker


Calex Shadowbourne: [SKILL] Perception [1d20+7 = 22]
Perlivash: [SKILL] Perception [1d20+8 = 17]
Grimstalker: [SKILL] Stealth [1d20+18 = 21]
Walben Wobblekettle: [SKILL] Perception [1d20+12 = 24]
Taboo: [SKILL] Perception [1d20+7 = 16]

The grimstalker began towards the tower making his way through the underbrush that he knew like the back of his hand.  Walben shouted out, "Undead! Over there!"  Calex cringed, because he already saw it and was hoping to surprise it, instead of the other way around.

[TURN] Perlivash - [Invisible; [D: 3]]

Calex Shadowbourne: [CAST] Glitterdust [at Grimstalker]
Grimstalker: [SAVE] Will [1d20+7 = 8]
Save [8][vs. DC 17] -> [for Grimstalker] [vs Calex Shadowbourne] [FAILURE]
Effect ['Blinded'] -> [to Grimstalker] [by Calex Shadowbourne]

Perlivash: Grease
Perlivash: [CAST] Grease [at Grimstalker]
Grimstalker: [SAVE] Reflex [1d20+11 = 26]
Save [26][vs. DC 14] -> [for Grimstalker] [vs Perlivash] [SUCCESS]

Calex let loose with a dazzling puff of glittering dust near the location of the strange humanoid and it coated it fully.  Perlivash saw that and instantly greased the area around it.

[TURN] Lomman Stormchest

Lomman heard the commotion and began moving towards the eastern portion of the tower roof with bounding strides.

[TURN] Quickling


Quickling: [ATTACK (M)] Sneak Attack +1 short sword [CRIT 19] [CA] [EFFECTS +2] [1d20+15 = 26]
Attack [26] -> [at Walben Wobblekettle] [DEF EFFECTS +2] [HIT]
Quickling: [DAMAGE (M)] Sneak Attack +1 short sword [TYPE: piercing (2d6+1d4=10)] [1d4+2d6 = 10]
Damage [10] -> [to Walben Wobblekettle] [STATUS: Wounded]
Walben Wobblekettle: [ATTACK (M)] MW Cold Iron Sickle [CRIT 19] [1d20+4 = 7]
Attack [7] -> [at Quickling] [MISS] [MISS CHANCE 50%]
Walben Wobblekettle: [SAVE] Fortitude [1d20+6 = 14][SUCCESS]

Rigg could see that the stupid grimstalker had given himself away and was the focus of the group's magic.  He raced past Walben stabbing him in the stomach with his blade, his momentum carrying him past the gnome and his giant tiger.

[TURN] The Dancing Lady



Calex Shadowbourne: [SAVE] Will [1d20+5 = 9][FAILURE]
Walben Wobblekettle: [SAVE] Will [1d20+8 = 26][SUCCESS]
Lomman Stormchest: [SAVE] Will [1d20+4 = 23][SUCCESS]
Walben Wobblekettle: [SKILL] Knowledge (nature) [1d20+10 = 16][FAILURE]
Effect ['Dazed' -> Fascinated] -> [to Calex Shadowbourne] [by The Dancing Lady]

The wall on the central tower seemed to open up as a woman in a white diaphonous gown, pale of feature with fey qualities, came into view.  Blood dripped stained her white gown as she moved back and forth rhymtmically to some unseen music.  Calex was caught in the gaze of wonder, while Lomman and Walben resisted the entrancing dance.

[TURN] Walben Wobblekettle - [Bond to the Land 11(Forrest); AC: 2 | Mage Armor; AC: 4]

Walben Wobblekettle: Fireball
Walben Wobblekettle: [CAST] Fireball [at The Dancing Lady]
Walben Wobblekettle: [CL CHECK] Fireball [at The Dancing Lady] [FAILURE] [1d20+7 = 12]

Walben launched a ball of green fire that exploded in the newly seen window of the central tower.  When the burst subsided, he could see the dancing woman unaffected and continuing her rhythmic movements.

[TURN] Belthazor

[PARTY] -> [Belthazor] : Velvet Cloak
[PARTY] -> [Belthazor] : Bejeweled Masterwork Scimitar

Belthazor saw Koh moving towards the sounds of violence and wrapped the jewelled scimitar in the green cloak and stuffed them into his pack.  He moved quickly out of the tower and to the south a bit.

[TURN] Calex Shadowbourne - [Dazed]

Calex Shadowbourne: [SAVE] Will [1d20+5 = 16]

Calex continued to watch the dance, enthralled by it.

[TURN] Koh

Koh: [SKILL] Perception [1d20+5 = 11]
Koh: [ATTACK (M)] +1 Falcata (Single) [CRIT 19] [1d20+12 = 31]
Attack [31] -> [at Grimstalker] [DEF EFFECTS -7] [CRITICAL THREAT]
Koh: [ATTACK (M)] +1 Falcata (Single) [CRIT 19] [CONFIRM] [1d20+12 = 29]
Attack [29] -> [at Grimstalker] [CRITICAL HIT]
Koh: [DAMAGE (M)] +1 Falcata (Single) [CRITICAL] [TYPE: slashing, magic (1d8+5=6)] [TYPE: slashing, magic,critical (2d8+10=18)] [1d8+2g8+15 = 24]
Damage [19] -> [to Grimstalker] [PARTIALLY RESISTED]

Koh flew out of the tower and towards the glittering dust that settled on her target.  She pulled up just short stretching her wings out wide and slammed her blade into the unsuspecting creature. She could hear the air get knocked from its lungs.

[TURN] Taboo

Taboo: [ATTACK (M)] bite [MOD:DEX] [1d20+11 = 13]
Attack [13] -> [at Taboo] [MISS]

Taboo moved to attack the grimstalker as well and snapped at it with its great jaws, but missed.

[ROUND 10]

[TURN] Grimstalker - [Blinded]


Grimstalker: [SAVE] Will [1d20+7 = 21][SUCCESS]
Grimstalker: [ATTACK (M)] Claws [1d20+9 = 19]
Attack [19] -> [at Koh] [HIT]
Grimstalker: [DAMAGE (M)] Claws [TYPE: bludgeoning,slashing (1d4+1=4)] [1d4+1 = 4]
Damage [4] -> [to Koh] [STATUS: Wounded]
Grimstalker: [ATTACK (M)] Claws [1d20+9 = 23]
Attack [23] -> [at Taboo] [HIT]
Koh: [SAVE] Fortitude [1d20+7 = 19][SUCCESS]
Grimstalker: [DAMAGE (M)] Claws [TYPE: bludgeoning,slashing (1d4+1=4)] [1d4+1 = 4]
Damage [4] -> [to Taboo]
Taboo: [SAVE] Fortitude [1d20+9 = 18][SUCCESS]

The grimstalker gathered itself quickly and when it got its sight back after the momentary burst, he could see Koh and Taboo upon him.  Not sure which of these beasts slammed into him, he slashed them both with his claws.

[TURN] Perlivash - [Invisible; [D: 2]]

Perlivash: Grease
Grimstalker: [SAVE] Reflex [1d20+11 = 17]
Save [17][vs. DC 14] -> [for Grimstalker] [vs Perlivash] [SUCCESS]

The grimstalker kept its footing in the area of grease, and moved back slightly.

[TURN] Lomman Stormchest

Lomman bounded down from the tower roof, dropping quickly to the ground below.

[TURN] Quickling

Quickling: [ATTACK (M)] Sneak Attack +1 short sword [CRIT 19] [CA] [EFFECTS +2] [1d20+15 = 20]
Attack [20] -> [at Taboo] [DEF EFFECTS -3] [HIT]
Quickling: [DAMAGE (M)] Sneak Attack +1 short sword [TYPE: piercing (2d6+1d4=4)] [1d4+2d6 = 4]
Damage [4] -> [to Taboo]
Taboo: [SAVE] Fortitude [1d20+9 = 22][SUCCESS]
Walben Wobblekettle: [SKILL] Perception [1d20+12 = 26]
Calex Shadowbourne: [SKILL] Perception [1d20+7 = 16]
Quickling: [SKILL] Stealth [1d20+23 = 43]

Rigg slashed at Taboo as he raced by once again, the cat barely feeling the blade.  He continued on, staying just outside of the gnome's entangling spell and sped back and forth near the tower entrance.

[TURN] The Dancing Lady

Lomman Stormchest: [SAVE] Reflex [1d20+3 = 19][SUCCESS]
Calex Shadowbourne: [SAVE] Reflex [1d20+7 = 14][FAILURE]
Grimstalker: [SAVE] Reflex [1d20+11 = 17][SUCCESS]
Koh: [SAVE] Reflex [1d20+4 = 14][FAILURE]
Belthazor: [SAVE] Reflex [1d20+5 = 13][FAILURE]
Walben Wobblekettle: [SAVE] Reflex [1d20+6 = 25][SUCCESS]
Taboo: [SAVE] Reflex [1d20+8 = 9][FAILURE]
Effect ['Entangled'] -> [to Belthazor] [by The Dancing Lady]
Effect ['Entangled'] -> [to Calex Shadowbourne] [by The Dancing Lady]
Effect ['Entangled'] -> [to Koh] [by The Dancing Lady]
Effect ['Entangled'] -> [to Taboo] [by The Dancing Lady]

The courtyard gain erupted into a wild motion as the trees and vines locked upon Calex, Koh, Beltahzor and Taboo.

[TURN] Walben Wobblekettle - [Bond to the Land 11(Forrest); AC: 2 | Mage Armor; AC: 4]

Walben Wobblekettle: [CAST] Deep Slumber [at The Dancing Lady]
Walben Wobblekettle: [CL CHECK] Deep Slumber [at The Dancing Lady] [SUCCESS] [1d20+7 = 17]
The Dancing Lady: [SAVE] Will [1d20+9 = 22]
Save [22][vs. DC 19] -> [for The Dancing Lady] [vs Walben Wobblekettle] [SUCCESS]

Walben tried to put the woman in the tower window into a slumber and she resisted his fey magic once again.

[TURN] Belthazor - [Entangled]

Quickling: [ATTACK (M)] Sneak Attack +1 short sword [CRIT 19] [CA] [EFFECTS +2] [1d20+15 = 28]
Attack [28] -> [at Belthazor] [DEF EFFECTS +2] [HIT]
Quickling: [DAMAGE (M)] Sneak Attack +1 short sword [TYPE: piercing (2d6+1d4=10)] [1d4+2d6 = 10]
Damage [10] -> [to Belthazor]
Belthazor: [SAVE] Fortitude [1d20 = 19][SUCCESS]
Belthazor: [SAVE] Reflex [EFFECTS -2] [1d20+3 = 6][FAILURE]

Belthazor tried to move throug the vines to the clear area near the wall when he felt a stabbing pain in the back of his upper thigh.  For an instant, he could see the quickling grinning at him murderously.

[TURN] Calex Shadowbourne - [Dazed | Entangled]

Calex Shadowbourne: [SAVE] Will [1d20+5 = 16]

Calex could only watch as the vines wrapped around him, paying little heed to anything but the woman in the window.

[TURN] Belthazor - [Entangled]

Belthazor: [CAST] Faerie Fire [at Quickling]

Rigg Gargadilly's murderous smile turned to horror as his outline was wringed in a glowing, otherworldly violet light. For the first time, the victims could see him clearly. "Who's the idiot now?" The drow grinned murderously back at the tiny fey menace.  He could tell from the shock on its face that the words hit home.



[TURN] Koh - [Entangled]

Koh: [ATTACK (M)] +1 Falcata (Main) [CRIT 19] [EFFECTS -2] [1d20+7 = 12]
Attack [12] -> [at Grimstalker] [MISS]
Koh: [ATTACK (M)] Cold Iron Falcata (Off) [CRIT 19] [EFFECTS -2] [1d20+7 = 12]
Attack [12] -> [at Grimstalker] [MISS]
Koh: [ATTACK #2 (M)] +1 Falcata (Single) [CRIT 19] [EFFECTS -2] [1d20+5 = 21]
Attack [21] -> [at Grimstalker] [HIT]
Koh: [DAMAGE (M)] +1 Falcata (Single) [TYPE: slashing, magic (1d8+5=13)] [1d8+5 = 13]
Damage [8] -> [to Grimstalker] [PARTIALLY RESISTED] [STATUS: Heavy]

Koh fought through the vines and managed one strike on the grimstalker, that seemed to have less effect on it than she thought.

[TURN] Taboo - [Entangled]

Taboo: [ATTACK (M)] bite [MOD:DEX] [EFFECTS -4] [1d20+7 = 17]
Attack [17] -> [at Taboo] [DEF EFFECTS -2] [MISS]

Taboo fought through the vines and tried to clamp onto the grimstalker, but it evaded it.

[ROUND 11]

[TURN] Grimstalker

To be continued in Session 48...

This message was last edited by the GM at 02:40, Wed 31 Oct 2018.

DM
 GM, 461 posts
Tue 6 Nov 2018
at 20:46
07: The Birth of a Nation
In reply to DM (msg # 45):

Forty Eighth Session, Played on Fantasy Grounds October 31st, 2018

[ROUND 11]

Grimstalker: [ATTACK (M)] Claws [FULL] [1d20+9 = 22]
Attack [22] -> [at Koh] [DEF EFFECTS -2] [HIT]
Grimstalker: [ATTACK #2 (M)] Claws [FULL] [1d20+9 = 24]
Attack [24] -> [at Koh] [DEF EFFECTS -2] [HIT]
Grimstalker: [DAMAGE (M)] Claws [TYPE: bludgeoning,slashing (1d4+1=5)] [1d4+1 = 5]
Damage [5] -> [to Koh]
Grimstalker: [DAMAGE (M)] Claws [TYPE: bludgeoning,slashing (1d4+1=3)] [1d4+1 = 3]
Damage [3] -> [to Koh]
Koh: [SAVE] Fortitude [1d20+7= 22][SUCCESS]

The grimstalker lashed out at Koh putting some distance between it and the giant tiger currently battling through the entangling vines.  The slashes were mere scratches on Koh's skin, but the grimstalker eyed her closely to see if she would fall ill from their venom.

[TURN] Rat Swarm 2


Rats began pouring forth from the northeast tower in vast quantities, swarming over themselves as they now filled the fallen doorway to the ruined tower.

[TURN] Perlivash - [Invisible; [D: 1]]

Perlivash: [ATTACK (R)] Ranged Attack [CA] [EFFECTS +2] [1d20+8 = 17]
GM: [ATTACK (R)] Ranged Attack [CA] [EFFECTS +2] [17]
Attack [17] -> [at Rat Swarm 2] [DEF EFFECTS -2] [HIT]
Perlivash:  [1d6 = 2]
Alchemist's fire (flask)
Rat Swarm 2: [SAVE] Reflex [1d20+5 = 22][SUCCESS]
Effect ['Invisible'] -> [EXPIRED] [on Perlivash]

Perlivash flew across the courtyard and a tiny hand, barely visible began taking a flask of alchemist's fire from the small pack he now wore.  The flask landed square in the center of the rat swarm and erupted in a gout of flames that was soon extinguished by the smouldering rats that it killed, only a small few.

[TURN] Lomman Stormchest

Lomman Stormchest: [ATTACK (M)] Waraxe, dwarven [EFFECTS -2] [1d20+10 = 11]
Attack [11] -> [at Grimstalker] [AUTOMATIC MISS]

Lomman  made his way through the entanglement and to the grimstalker with determination, loading up for a mighty swing.  The grimstalker ducked and the axe bit deep into the stone of the wall, catching there for an instant.

[TURN] Quickling - [faerie fire; [D: 18]]

Quickling: [ATTACK (M)] +1 short sword [CRIT 19] [1d20+13 = 32]
Attack [32] -> [at Walben Wobblekettle] [DEF EFFECTS +6] [CRITICAL THREAT]
Quickling: [ATTACK (M)] +1 short sword [CRIT 19] [CONFIRM] [1d20+13 = 25]
Attack [25] -> [at Walben Wobblekettle] [CONFIRMED]
Quickling: [DAMAGE (M)] +1 short sword [CRITICAL] [TYPE: piercing,magic (1d4=3)] [TYPE: piercing,magic,critical (1d4=2)] [1d4+1g4 = 5]
Damage [5] -> [to Walben Wobblekettle]
Walben Wobblekettle: [SAVE] Fortitude [1d20+6 = 13][FAILURE][POISON DAMAGE 1 CON]
Walben Wobblekettle: [ATTACK (M)] MW Cold Iron Sickle [CRIT 19] [1d20+4 = 20]
Attack [20] -> [at Quickling] [MISS]
Quickling: [SAVE] Reflex [1d20+16 = 27][SUCCESS]

The quickling, Rigg Gargadilly, stabbed Walben in the cheek, almost taking out his eye, and then dashed away.  A trickle of venom from the quickling's blade dripped down Walben's cheek as he swung the sickle in his hands at the terribly fast fey, who darted away.  The quickling raced through the entangled area playfully, singing, "Today, I killed a gnome, who came to my home, his mouth started to foam..."

[TURN] The Dancing Lady

The dancing lady dissappeared from the window and the wall closed up behind her as the tower appeared as it had before.

[TURN] Walben Wobblekettle - [Bond to the Land 11(Forrest); AC: 2 | Mage Armor; AC: 4]

Walben Wobblekettle: [ATTACK (R)] Scorching Ray -4 [TOUCH] [1d20+8 = 13]
Attack [17] -> [at Grimstalker] [MISS]
Walben Wobblekettle: [ATTACK (R)] Scorching Ray [TOUCH] [1d20+8 = 9]
Attack [9] -> [at Grimstalker] [AUTOMATIC MISS]

Walben fired two rays of green fire at the grimstalker, but his careful aim to prevent hitting Koh also prevented a hit.

[TURN] Rat Swarm 1

Rats piled on rats completely filled the doorway of the northeast tower and began spilling out into the courtyard.

[TURN] Belthazor - [REMOVE: Dirty Fighter; DMG: 1; [SINGLE] | Entangled | Flanking; ATK: 2]

Belthazor: [SKILL] Stealth [EFFECTS -2] [1d20+6 = 24]
Quickling: [SKILL] Perception [1d20+15 = 17]

Belthazor began to move and ducked down into the foliage beside the central tower, attempting to set an ambush.

[TURN] Calex Shadowbourne - [Dazed]


Effect ['Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex'] -> [to Belthazor] [by Calex Shadowbourne]
Effect ['Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex'] -> [to Walben Wobblekettle] [by Calex Shadowbourne]
Effect ['Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex'] -> [to Taboo] [by Calex Shadowbourne]
Effect ['Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex'] -> [to Koh] [by Calex Shadowbourne]
Effect ['Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex'] -> [to Lomman Stormchest] [by Calex Shadowbourne]
Effect ['Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex'] -> [to Calex Shadowbourne]
Effect ['Arcane Pool; DMG: 2; ATK: 2; DMGTYPE: magic'] -> [to Calex Shadowbourne]
Calex Shadowbourne: Arcane Pool (Sw) [1 PP]
Calex Shadowbourne: shocking burst(Su) [2 PP]
Effect ['Shocking Burst; DMGTYPE: electricity; DMG: 1d6'] -> [to Calex Shadowbourne]

Calex charged up his blade as his magic washed over the group and time seemed to slow down.

[TURN] Koh - [Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex | Entangled]

Koh: [ABILITY] Strength check [1d20+4 = 24]

Koh fought free of the entagling vines and took to the air.

[TURN] Taboo - [Entangled | Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex]

Taboo: [ABILITY] Strength check [1d20+6 = 7]

Taboo remained caught in the tangling vines and tried to fight his way forward to the grimstalker.

[ROUND 12]

[TURN] Grimstalker


Grimstalker: [SAVE] Reflex [1d20+11 = 27][SUCCESS]
Grimstalker: [ATTACK (M)] Claws [FULL] [1d20+9 = 15]
Attack [15] -> [at Lomman Stormchest] [DEF EFFECTS +1] [MISS]
Grimstalker: [ATTACK #2 (M)] Claws [FULL] [1d20+9 = 21]
Attack [21] -> [at Lomman Stormchest] [DEF EFFECTS +1] [MISS]

The grimstalker backed off to the wall of the keep and slashed twice at Lomman, unable to penetrate the wall of steel that housed him.

[TURN] Rat Swarm 2

The rats drew closer to the fray, bidden by some unseen command.

[TURN] Perlivash

Perlivash: Grease

Perlivash coated Taboo with a thin layer of grease to help the tiger escape the entanglement.

[TURN] Lomman Stormchest - [Power Attack (one handed); ATK: -2 melee; CMB: -2 melee; DMG: 4 melee | Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex]

Lomman Stormchest: [SAVE] Reflex [EFFECTS +1] [1d20+4 = 17]
Lomman Stormchest: [ATTACK (M)] Waraxe [FULL] [EFFECTS -2] [1d20+10 = 19]
Attack [19] -> [at Grimstalker] [HIT]
Lomman Stormchest: [ATTACK #2 (M)] Waraxe [FULL] [EFFECTS -2] [1d20+5 = 7]
Attack [7] -> [at Grimstalker] [MISS]
Lomman Stormchest: [ATTACK (M)] Waraxe, dwarven [EFFECTS -2] [1d20+10 = 12]
Attack [12] -> [at Grimstalker] [MISS]
Lomman Stormchest: [DAMAGE (M)] Waraxe, dwarven [EFFECTS +4] [TYPE: slashing (1d10+10=20)] [1d10+10 = 20]
Damage [15] -> [to Grimstalker] [PARTIALLY RESISTED]

Lomman managed to slash the grimstalker with his axe, noting that the axe did not bite as deeply as he thought it might. Still, the wounded grimstalker grimaced with pain.

[TURN] Quickling - [faerie fire; [D: 17]]

Quickling: [SAVE] Reflex [1d20+16 = 35][SUCCESS]
Quickling: [ATTACK (M)] +1 short sword [CRIT 19] [1d20+13 = 19]
Attack [19] -> [at Belthazor] [DEF EFFECTS -1] [HIT]
Quickling: [DAMAGE (M)] +1 short sword [TYPE: piercing,magic (1d4=1)] [1d4 = 1]
Damage [1] -> [to Belthazor]
Belthazor: [SAVE] Fortitude [1d20+1 = 20][SUCCESS]

The ambusher turned ambushee as the quickling came in from an impossible direction and slashed Belthazor's hand on the way by, but the blade did not penetrate the skin.

[TURN] Walben Wobblekettle - [Bond to the Land 11(Forrest); AC: 2 | Mage Armor; AC: 4 | Poison; [D: 1] | Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex]

Walben Wobblekettle: Fireball
Walben Wobblekettle: [CONCENTRATION] [MOD:CHA] (Spell Class +8) [1d20+21 = 35][SUCCESS]
Walben Wobblekettle: [DAMAGE] Fireball [TYPE: fire,spell (7d6=19)] [7d6 = 19]
Damage [19] -> [to Rat Swarm 2] [STATUS: Heavy]
Damage [19] -> [to Rat Swarm 1] [STATUS: Heavy]

From across the courtyard, Walben hurled a ball of green fire that exploded amongst the encroaching rats, killing vast numbers, but soon the rodents reformed their swarm.

[TURN] Rat Swarm 1

The rats continued, undaunted by the entangling vines.

[TURN] Belthazor - [REMOVE: Dirty Fighter; DMG: 1; [SINGLE] | Entangled | Flanking; ATK: 2 | Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex]

Belthazor: [SAVE] Reflex [EFFECTS -1] [1d20+4 = 16][SUCCESS]
Belthazor: [SKILL] Indimidate, Demoralize [1d20+11 = 25][SUCCESS]
Effect ['Shaken'] -> [to Quickling] [by Belthazor]
Belthazor: [ATTACK (M)] Bejeweled Masterwork Scimitar [CRIT 18] [EFFECTS] [1d20+5 = 22]
Attack [22] -> [at Quickling] [HIT]
Effect ['REMOVE: Dirty Fighter; DMG: 1'] -> [SINGLE MOD USED] [on Belthazor]
Belthazor: [DAMAGE (M)] Bejeweled Masterwork Scimitar [EFFECTS +1] [TYPE: slashing (1d6+3=8)] [1d6+3 = 8]
Damage [3] -> [to Quickling] [PARTIALLY RESISTED] [STATUS: Wounded]

The drow grinned at the quickling and said, "I knew you would come.  It's time for you to die, but I'm not much of a singer..."  He lashed the small fey across the chest with the jewelled blade he recovered from the grimstalker's chest and a look of horror came over Rigg Gargadilly's face for an instant as the blade struck home.

[TURN] Calex Shadowbourne - [Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex | Arcane Pool; DMG: 2; ATK: 2; DMGTYPE: magic; [D: 9] | Shocking Burst; DMGTYPE: electricity; DMG: 1d6; [D: 9]]

Calex Shadowbourne: Fly

Calex took to the air and began retreating into the tower to further gird himself for what promised to be a lengthy battle.

[TURN] Koh - [Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex]

Effect ['Death from Above; ATK: 5; AC: -2'] -> [to Koh]
Koh: [ATTACK (M)] +1 Falcata (Single) [CRIT 19] [EFFECTS +5] [1d20+17 = 28]
Attack [28] -> [at Grimstalker] [HIT]
Koh: [DAMAGE (M)] +1 Falcata (Single) [TYPE: slashing, magic (1d8+5=11)] [1d8+5 = 11]
Damage [6] -> [to Grimstalker] [PARTIALLY RESISTED]
Koh: [ATTACK #2 (M)] +1 Falcata (Single) [CRIT 19] [EFFECTS +5] [1d20+12 = 26]
Attack [26] -> [at Grimstalker] [HIT]
Koh: [DAMAGE (M)] +1 Falcata (Single) [TYPE: slashing, magic (1d8+5=10)] [1d8+5 = 10]
Damage [5] -> [to Grimstalker] [PARTIALLY RESISTED]

Koh, having gained some height, now dove down straight at the grimstalker.  Her first strike was powerful, and she pulled up halting her descent and struck the grimstalker again, moving impossibly fast.

[TURN] Taboo - [Entangled | Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex]

Taboo: [ABILITY] Strength check [+10] [1d20+16 = 26]
Taboo: [ATTACK (M)] bite [MOD:DEX] [EFFECTS -4] [1d20+7 = 16]
Attack [16] -> [at Grimstalker] [MISS]
Effect ['Poison'] -> [EXPIRED] [on Walben Wobblekettle]

Taboo slipped through the entanglements and tried to bite the grimstalker, narrowly missing.

[ROUND 13]

[TURN] Grimstalker

Lomman Stormchest: [ATTACK (M)] Waraxe, dwarven [EFFECTS -2] [1d20+10 = 11]
Attack [11] -> [at Grimstalker] [AUTOMATIC MISS]
Koh: [ATTACK (M)] +1 Falcata (Single) [CRIT 19] [EFFECTS +5] [1d20+17 = 31]
Attack [31] -> [at Grimstalker] [HIT]
Koh: [DAMAGE (M)] +1 Falcata (Single) [TYPE: slashing, magic (1d8+5=12)] [1d8+5 = 12]
Damage [7] -> [to Grimstalker] [PARTIALLY RESISTED] [STATUS: Disabled]
Taboo: [ATTACK (M)] bite [MOD:DEX] [EFFECTS -4] [1d20+7 = 20]
Attack [20] -> [at Grimstalker] [HIT]
Taboo: [DAMAGE (M)] bite [TYPE: untyped (1d8+7=8)] [1d8+7 = 8]
Damage [3] -> [to Grimstalker] [PARTIALLY RESISTED] [STATUS: Dying]
Taboo: [CMB] [EFFECTS -2] [1d20+8 = 28]
Combat Man. [28] -> [at Grimstalker] [AUTOMATIC HIT]

The grimstalker, cornered, made a feint as if to run through the group and then spun rapidly to begin scaling the wall that it came down, but a flurry of blades lashed out at him.  Lomman caught the wall, but Koh's blade dug into the back of the grimstalker and Taboo grabbed it by the leg, holding it fast as it screamed in pain.

[TURN] Rat Swarm 2

Grimstalker: [STABILIZATION] [at -3] [FAILURE] [1d20 = 6]
Damage [1] -> [to Grimstalker]

The rats continued to come closer to the fray.

[TURN] Perlivash

Perlivash: [SAVE] Reflex [1d20+7 = 14]
Perlivash: [ATTACK (R)] Ranged Attack [1d20+6 = 9]
Perlivash: [ATTACK (R)] Ranged Attack [9]
Attack [9] -> [at Rat Swarm 2] [MISS]

Perlivash hurled another flask of alchemist's fire with his mage hand and it just missed the swarm, but some of the splashing fiery liquid burned a couple rats.

[TURN] Lomman Stormchest - [Power Attack (one handed); ATK: -2 melee; CMB: -2 melee; DMG: 4 melee | DMG: 1d10 | Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex]

Lomman Stormchest: [ATTACK (R)] Ranged Attack [1d20+8 = 13]
Attack [13] -> [at Rat Swarm 2] [MISS]

Lomman did the same, but more conventionally, and the result was similar.  He could see that these rats now could be a problem, no longer worried about the grimstalker, dancing lady or quickling.

[TURN] Quickling - [faerie fire; [D: 16] | Shaken; [D: 2]]

Quickling: [SAVE] Reflex [EFFECTS -2] [1d20+14 = 26][SUCCESS]
Belthazor: [ATTACK (M)] Bejeweled Masterwork Scimitar [CRIT 18] [EFFECTS] [1d20+5 = 14]
Attack [14] -> [at Quickling] [MISS]
Quickling: [ATTACK (M)] +1 short sword [CRIT 19] [EFFECTS -2] [1d20+11 = 24]
Attack [24] -> [at Walben Wobblekettle] [DEF EFFECTS +7] [HIT]
Quickling: [ATTACK (M)] +1 short sword [CRIT 19] [EFFECTS -2] [1d20+11 = 29]
Attack [29] -> [at Walben Wobblekettle] [DEF EFFECTS +7] [HIT]
Quickling: [DAMAGE (M)] +1 short sword [TYPE: piercing,magic (1d4=4)] [1d4 = 4]
Damage [4] -> [to Walben Wobblekettle]
Walben Wobblekettle: [SAVE] Fortitude [1d20+6 = 11][FAILURE]
Walben Wobblekettle: [SAVE] Fortitude [1d20+5 = 13][FAILURE]

The quickling darted away from the dark elf, an oddity he had never seen the likes of, and towards the gnome as Belthazor missed a chance to further hamper the quickling.  The blade slashed Walben twice as the poison began to have a real effect on the sorcerer.  The quickling was gone before Walben knew what hit him, but he knew what hit him.

[TURN] Walben Wobblekettle - [Bond to the Land 11(Forrest); AC: 2 | Mage Armor; AC: 4 | Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex | Poison]

Walben Wobblekettle: [ATTACK (R)] Acid Splash [TOUCH] [1d20+8 = 26]
Attack [26] -> [at Rat Swarm 2] [HIT]
Walben Wobblekettle: [DAMAGE] Acid Splash [TYPE: acid,spell (1d3=3)] [1d3 = 3]
Damage [3] -> [to Rat Swarm 2]

Walben could see the swarms encroaching on Taboo and hurled a ball of acid that burned the swarm.

[TURN] Rat Swarm 1

The rats continued to close.

[TURN] Belthazor - [REMOVE: Dirty Fighter; [SINGLE] | Entangled | Flanking; ATK: 2 | Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex]

Belthazor: [SAVE] Reflex [EFFECTS +1] [1d20+6 = 10]
Effect ['Entangled'] -> [to Belthazor]
Belthazor: [SKILL] Escape Artist [EFFECTS -2] [1d20+5 = 25]
Belthazor: [SKILL] Stealth [1d20+8 = 10]

Belthazor tried to move through the entangled area, and only Calex's magic allowed him to progress at all, but still he reset his position and tried to wait in ambush once again.

[TURN] Calex Shadowbourne - [Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex | Arcane Pool; DMG: 2; ATK: 2; DMGTYPE: magic; [D: 8] | Shocking Burst; DMGTYPE: electricity; DMG: 1d6; [D: 8] | Flying 60'; [D: 59]]

Effect ['Spell Combat; ATK: -2'] -> [to Calex Shadowbourne]
Effect ['Arcane Accuracy; ATK: 5'] -> [to Calex Shadowbourne]
Calex Shadowbourne: Arcane Accuracy (Sw) [1 PP]
Calex Shadowbourne: [ATTACK (M)] +1 Cold Iron Scimitar (1H) [MOD:DEX] [CRIT 15] [EFFECTS +5] [1d20+16 = 27]
Attack [27] -> [at Quickling] [HIT]
Calex Shadowbourne: [DAMAGE (M)] +1 Cold Iron Scimitar (1H) [EFFECTS 1d6+2] [TYPE: magic, cold iron, slashing,electricity (2d6+8=14)] [1d6+1p6+8 = 14]
Damage [14] -> [to Quickling]
Calex Shadowbourne: [DAMAGE] Shocking Grasp (Precocious, Lineage) [TYPE: electricity,spell (7d6=21)] [7d6 = 21]
Damage [21] -> [to Quickling] [STATUS: Heavy]

Calex emerged from the tower and could see his target.  He flew through the air as his blade arced with lightning.  He struck the quickling with a slash that threatened to tear off the fey's arm and then the lightning enveloped the entirety of the fey, like St. Elmo's Fire lighting up the mast of a ship.  It did not kill the quickling, but it came awful close.

[TURN] Koh - [Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex]

Koh: [ATTACK (M)] +1 Falcata (Single) [CRIT 19] [1d20+12 = 30]
Attack [30] -> [at Quickling] [HIT]
Koh: [DAMAGE (M)] +1 Falcata (Single) [TYPE: slashing, magic (1d8+5=7)] [1d8+5 = 7]
Damage [2] -> [to Quickling] [PARTIALLY RESISTED]
Koh: [ATTACK #2 (M)] +1 Falcata (Single) [CRIT 19] [1d20+7 = 23]
Attack [23] -> [at Quickling] [HIT]
Koh: [DAMAGE (M)] +1 Falcata (Single) [TYPE: slashing, magic (1d8+5=12)] [1d8+5 = 12]
Damage [7] -> [to Quickling] [PARTIALLY RESISTED]

Koh could see Taboo had the grimstalker in his death grip.  She flew across the courtyard as well towards the quickling near the northern archway of the central tower.  Her first strike did minimal damage, and the second was mostly turned away by the fey's disregard for regular steel.  "USE your cold iron! It's a fey creature!" Calex shouted as Koh seemed now to understand.  She thought they were all undead.  What was Walben talking about?


[TURN] Taboo - [Entangled | Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex]

Taboo: [DAMAGE (M)] bite [TYPE: untyped (1d8+7=13)] [1d8+7 = 13]
Damage [8] -> [to Grimstalker] [PARTIALLY RESISTED]
Taboo: [DAMAGE (M)] claw [TYPE: untyped (1d6+7=11)] [1d6+7 = 11]
Damage [6] -> [to Grimstalker] [PARTIALLY RESISTED] [STATUS: Dead]
Taboo: [DAMAGE (M)] claw [TYPE: untyped (1d6+7=10)] [1d6+7 = 10]
Damage [5] -> [to Grimstalker] [PARTIALLY RESISTED]
Taboo: [DAMAGE (M)] Rake [TYPE: untyped (1d6+7=9)] [1d6+7 = 9]
Damage [4] -> [to Grimstalker] [PARTIALLY RESISTED]
Taboo: [SAVE] Reflex [EFFECTS -1] [1d20+7 = 24]

Taboo began to shake the unconscious grimstalker and before it was actually finished, the grimstalker had died horribly.

[ROUND 14]

[TURN] Rat Swarm 2


Rat Swarm 2: [ATTACK (M)] Swarm  [1d20 = 15]
Attack [15] -> [at Taboo] [DEF EFFECTS -1] [MISS]
Rat Swarm 2: [DAMAGE (M)] Swarm [TYPE: piercing,slashing,bludgeoning (1d6=1)] [1d6 = 1]
Damage [1] -> [to Taboo]
Taboo: [SAVE] Fortitude [1d20+9 = 19][SUCCESS]
Taboo: [SAVE] Will [1d20+4 = 19][SUCCESS]

The swarm of rats piled over Taboo, who lashed out at them, releasing the dead grimstalker.

[TURN] Perlivash

Perlivash: [ATTACK (R)] Ranged Attack [1d20+6 = 17]
Perlivash:  [1d6 = 4]
Rat Swarm 1: [SAVE] Reflex [1d20+5 = 16][SUCCESS]

Perlivash mage handed another flask of alchemist's fire at the swarm and scored a direct hit.

[TURN] Lomman Stormchest - [Power Attack (one handed); ATK: -2 melee; CMB: -2 melee; DMG: 4 melee | DMG: 1d10 | Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex]

Lomman Stormchest: [ATTACK (M)] Waraxe, dwarven [EFFECTS -2] [1d20+10 = 20]
Lomman Stormchest: [ATTACK (M)] Waraxe, dwarven [EFFECTS -2] [20]
Attack [20] -> [at Quickling] [MISS]

Lomman made his way through the entangled area and managed to get a swipe at the quickling, but he missed.

[TURN] Quickling - [faerie fire; [D: 15] | Shaken; [D: 1]]

Quickling: [ATTACK (M)] +1 short sword [CRIT 19] [EFFECTS -2] [1d20+11 = 31]
Attack [31] -> [at Calex Shadowbourne] [DEF EFFECTS +1] [AUTOMATIC HIT]
Quickling: [ATTACK (M)] +1 short sword [CRIT 19] [EFFECTS -2] [CONFIRM] [1d20+11 = 12]
Attack [12] -> [at Calex Shadowbourne] [CRIT NOT CONFIRMED]
Quickling: [DAMAGE (M)] +1 short sword [TYPE: piercing,magic (1d4=1)] [1d4 = 1]
Damage [1] -> [to Calex Shadowbourne] [STATUS: Wounded]
Calex Shadowbourne: [SAVE] Fortitude [1d20+8 = 28][SUCCESS]
Calex Shadowbourne: [ATTACK (M)] +1 Cold Iron Scimitar (1H) [MOD:DEX] [CRIT 15] [EFFECTS +5] [1d20+16 = 36]
Attack [36] -> [at Quickling] [AUTOMATIC HIT]
Calex Shadowbourne: [ATTACK (M)] +1 Cold Iron Scimitar (1H) [MOD:DEX] [CRIT 15] [EFFECTS +5] [CONFIRM] [1d20+16 = 33]
Attack [33] -> [at Quickling] [CRITICAL HIT]
Koh: [ATTACK (M)] Cold Iron Falcata (Single) [CRIT 19] [1d20+13 = 20]
Attack [20] -> [at Quickling] [MISS]
Calex Shadowbourne: [DAMAGE (M)] +1 Cold Iron Scimitar (1H) [CRITICAL] [EFFECTS 1d6+4] [TYPE: magic, cold iron, slashing,electricity (2d6+8=17)] [TYPE: magic, cold iron, slashing,critical,electricity (1d6+8=14)] [1d6+1g6+1p6+16 = 31]
Damage [31] -> [to Quickling] [STATUS: Dying]
Lomman Stormchest: [ATTACK (M)] Waraxe, dwarven [EFFECTS -2] [1d20+10 = 22]
Attack [22] -> [at Quickling] [HIT]
Calex Shadowbourne: [DAMAGE] shocking burst(Su) [TYPE: electricity (1d10=4)] [1d10 = 4]
Damage [4] -> [to Quickling]
Lomman Stormchest: [DAMAGE (M)] Waraxe, dwarven [EFFECTS 1d10+4] [TYPE: slashing (2d10+10=16)] [1d10+1p10+10 = 16]
Damage [11] -> [to Quickling] [PARTIALLY RESISTED] [STATUS: Dead]

The quickling stabbed Calex with his blade and made to bound off, but Calex and Lomman brought him down before he got out of range.  Calex's expertly placed strike cut the throat of the quickling as it went to a knee, and Lomman buried his axe in its back.

[TURN] Walben Wobblekettle - [Bond to the Land 11(Forrest); AC: 2 | Mage Armor; AC: 4 | Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex | Poison]

Walben Wobblekettle: [ATTACK (R)] Acid Splash [TOUCH] [1d20+8 = 20]
Attack [20] -> [at Rat Swarm 2] [HIT]
Walben Wobblekettle: [DAMAGE] Acid Splash [TYPE: acid,spell (1d3=1)] [1d3 = 1]
Damage [1] -> [to Rat Swarm 2] [STATUS: Dead]

Walben felled the rat swarm with a blob of acid that dispersed the swarm to about a dozen or so harmless rats, while another group rapidly approached those battling near the mouth of the central tower's northern arch.

[TURN] Rat Swarm 1

[TURN] Belthazor - [REMOVE: Dirty Fighter; [SINGLE] | Flanking; ATK: 2 | Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex]

Belthazor: [SAVE] Reflex [EFFECTS +1] [1d20+6 = 13]
Belthazor: [SKILL] Escape Artist [1d20+7 = 21]
Belthazor: [CAST] Levitate [at Belthazor]

Belthazor got free of the entangling vines as Walben dropped the spell of his own entangling.  He floated up and made his way along the tower wall towards where the commotion was.

[TURN] Calex Shadowbourne - [Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex | Arcane Pool; DMG: 2; ATK: 2; DMGTYPE: magic; [D: 8] | Shocking Burst; DMGTYPE: electricity; DMG: 1d6; [D: 8] | Flying 60'; [D: 59]]

This wide chamber has an impressive vaulted ceiling. Though obscured in places by earth and undergrowth, the hallís floor is crafted of smooth stone tiles in multicolored pastel hues. The walls of the chamber are decorated with faded frescoes of sylvan life, showing scenes of beautiful elves engaged in hunting, feasting, dancing, singing, and a bewildering variety of other idyllic pursuits. To the west, a graceful, filigreed stone staircase, garlanded with flowering vines, climbs to the level above.

[1d4+3 = 7]
Effect ['Mirror Image; 1d8'] -> [to Calex Shadowbourne]
Calex Shadowbourne: Mirror Image
Calex Shadowbourne: [SAVE] Will [1d20+5 = 9][FAILURE]

Calex caused a group of images to surround him and then he flew up the stairs.  When he got to the top, which didn't take but an instant with his flying spell and hasted condition, he saw the chamber above and the beatiful swaying lady.

The stairs end in a circular room featuring wide windows draped with hanging vines that offer panoramic views of the keepís overgrown courtyard and the forest beyond. An open circular skylight in the ceiling provides glimpses of the forest canopy overhead. The walls between the windows are carved with exquisite, delicate nature motifs highlighted in gold and silver leaf. A riot of flowers, plants, and bushes sprout from the thick loam that carpets the hallís floor, as if one were walking in a fantastic glade elevated high above the forest floor.


[TURN] Koh - [Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex]


Koh: [SAVE] Will [1d20+1 = 16][FAILURE]

Koh followed him just as quickly and passed him by wondering what he was staring at.  When she cleared the stairs and approached the woman, blades intent on murder, she could now understand.  She landed, wings outstretched, just before the dancing woman.

[TURN] Taboo - [Entangled | Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex]

Taboo: [SAVE] Reflex [EFFECTS -1] [1d20+7 = 18][SUCCESS]

Taboo moved through the entangled area to the south at Walben's command.  "Get away from those rats Taboo!"

[ROUND 15]

[TURN] Perlivash


Perlivash: [SAVE] Will [1d20+8 = 21][SUCCESS]
Perlivash: Invisibility, Greater
Effect ['Invisible'] -> [to Perlivash]

Perlivash had heard faint rumors about such a place in the forest, a place of the dark fey, but he thought they were just a story.  When he flew up the stairs and saw his master and the winged woman swaying under the spell of the dancing lady, he could feel the cold hand of fear grasp his throat.  In a blink of an eye he vanished from sight.


[TURN] Lomman Stormchest - [Power Attack (one handed); ATK: -2 melee; CMB: -2 melee; DMG: 4 melee | DMG: 1d10 | Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex]

Lomman Stormchest: [SAVE] Fortitude +2 [1d20+12 = 22][SUCCESS]
Lomman Stormchest: [SAVE] Will [1d20+4 = 20][SUCCESS]
Lomman Stormchest: [ATTACK (R)] Handaxe, Masterwork Thrown [-4] [1d20+6 = 11]
Attack [11] -> [at The Dancing Lady] [MISS]

Lomman bounded into the main room of the tower and in an instant the room was enveloped in a dark purple mist.  He paid it little thought as he used his new found speed to bound up the stairs.  When he got to the top, he spied the dancing lady and hurled a handaxe at her, missing by a good margin as he closed to the top of the stairs.

[TURN] The Dancing Lady

GM:  [1d4 = 4][Koh -> Constitution drain]
GM:  [1d4 = 3][Koh -> Strength drain]

The sith latched on to the neck of Koh and began to feast on her blood.

[TURN] Walben Wobblekettle - [Bond to the Land 11(Forrest); AC: 2 | Mage Armor; AC: 4 | Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex | Poison]

Walben Wobblekettle: [ATTACK (R)] Acid Splash [TOUCH] [1d20+8 = 23]
Attack [23] -> [at Rat Swarm 1] [HIT]
Walben Wobblekettle: [DAMAGE] Acid Splash [TYPE: acid,spell (1d3=1)] [1d3 = 1]
Damage [1] -> [to Rat Swarm 1]

Walben rained down acid on the swarm of rats below, gleefully bombing them and somewhat not noticing that everyone had cleared the area.

[TURN] Rat Swarm 1

The rats moved towards Belthazor, who was the only person in sight and close to the ground.  The swarm closed on Belthazor, but he no longer saw it as a threat.

[TURN] Belthazor - [REMOVE: Dirty Fighter; [SINGLE] | Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex]

Belthazor: [SKILL] Knowledge (Nature) [UNTRAINED] [1d20+3 = 21][SUCCESS]
Belthazor: [SAVE] Fortitude [1d20+1 = 15][SUCCESS]
Belthazor: [SAVE] Will [1d20+3 = 4][FAILURE]

Belthazor identified the poison mist as insanity mist.  He took a deep breath and swung himself into the tower and then bounded up the stairs towards the growing cacopahy of steel.  With a dagger in hand he floated up and into the room.  He could not bring himself to throw it though as he was caught in the rapture of the dancing lady's power.

[TURN] Calex Shadowbourne - [Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex | Arcane Pool; DMG: 2; ATK: 2; DMGTYPE: magic; [D: 7] | Shocking Burst; DMGTYPE: electricity; DMG: 1d6; [D: 7] | Flying 60'; [D: 58] | Mirror Image; 1d8; [D: 59]]
[TURN] Koh - [Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex]


[TURN] Taboo - [Entangled | Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex]

Taboo obeyed as Walben told him, "Stay back from there Taboo!", noting the swirling purple mist that now filled the tower.  These rats would be dead in a minute, then he could see where everybody went.

[ROUND 16]

[TURN] Perlivash - [Invisible]


Perlivash: [CMB] [MOD:DEX] [CA] [EFFECTS +2] [1d20+6 = 24]
Combat Man. [24] -> [at Calex Shadowbourne] [DEF EFFECTS -4] [HIT]

Perlivash latched onto Calex's hood and pulled it down over his eyes and the said, "Duck down, get out of her gaze."

[TURN] Lomman Stormchest - [Power Attack (one handed); ATK: -2 melee; CMB: -2 melee; DMG: 4 melee | DMG: 1d10 | Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex]

The Dancing Lady: [ATTACK (M)] Claw [1d20+7 = 23]
Attack [23] -> [at Lomman Stormchest] [DEF EFFECTS +1] [HIT]
The Dancing Lady: [DAMAGE (M)] Claw [TYPE: bludgeoning,slashing (1d6+3=6)] [1d6+3 = 6]
Damage [6] -> [to Lomman Stormchest]
Lomman Stormchest: [CMB] [EFFECTS -2] [1d20+8 = 14]
Combat Man. [14] -> [at The Dancing Lady] [MISS]

Lomman took out his waraxe and closed with the sith who was draining Koh's blood.  She released Koh and took a swipe with a clawed hand that raked across Lomman's cheek and drew some blood. "You about done here?" the dwarf asked as he took a swipe at the sith with his axe, but she danced back out of the way gracefully.

[TURN] The Dancing Lady

The Dancing Lady: [ATTACK #2 (M)] Claw [FULL] [+2] [1d20+9 = 10]
Attack [10] -> [at Lomman Stormchest] [DEF EFFECTS +1] [AUTOMATIC MISS]
The Dancing Lady: [ATTACK (M)] Claw [FULL] [+2] [1d20+9 = 29]
Attack [29] -> [at Lomman Stormchest] [DEF EFFECTS +1] [AUTOMATIC HIT]
The Dancing Lady: [ATTACK (M)] Bite [FULL] [+2] [1d20+9 = 21]
Attack [21] -> [at Lomman Stormchest] [DEF EFFECTS +1] [MISS]
The Dancing Lady: [ATTACK (M)] Claw [FULL] [+2] [CONFIRM] [1d20+9 = 14]
Attack [14] -> [at Lomman Stormchest] [CRIT NOT CONFIRMED]
The Dancing Lady: [DAMAGE (M)] Claw [TYPE: bludgeoning,slashing (1d6+3=8)] [1d6+3 = 8]
Damage [8] -> [to Lomman Stormchest]

The dancing lady landed yet another feeble blow on Lomman and she began to look around.  She held no power over this dwarf and his axe would fell her as it no doubt did many trees.  Hopelessness began to overcome her.  She felt the death of her lover and could see the keep restored to its former glory, and she wept.  She stopped dancing.

[TURN] Walben Wobblekettle - [Bond to the Land 11(Forrest); AC: 2 | Mage Armor; AC: 4 | Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex | Poison]

Walben Wobblekettle: [ATTACK (R)] Acid Splash [TOUCH] [1d20+8 = 17]
Attack [17] -> [at Rat Swarm 1] [HIT]
Walben Wobblekettle: [DAMAGE] Acid Splash [TYPE: acid,spell (1d3=1)] [1d3 = 1]
Damage [1] -> [to Rat Swarm 1]

Walben continued to rain down acid on the rats, slowly but surely disintegrating the swarm.

[TURN] Rat Swarm 1

With no further commands, the rats moved back towards the tower but Walben followed them at their meager pace from twenty feet above.

[TURN] Belthazor - [REMOVE: Dirty Fighter; [SINGLE] | Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex]

Belthazor: [ATTACK (M)] Bejeweled Masterwork Scimitar [CRIT 18] [EFFECTS +2] [1d20+7 = 16]
Attack [16] -> [at The Dancing Lady] [MISS]
Belthazor: [ATTACK (M)] Bejeweled Masterwork Scimitar [CRIT 18] [EFFECTS +2] [1d20+7 = 10]
Attack [10] -> [at The Dancing Lady] [MISS]

Belthazor came to his senses and bounded into the room, striking at the sith with the jewelled scimitar, but not exacting a strike.

[TURN] Calex Shadowbourne - [Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex | Arcane Pool; DMG: 2; ATK: 2; DMGTYPE: magic; [D: 6] | Shocking Burst; DMGTYPE: electricity; DMG: 1d6; [D: 6] | Flying 60'; [D: 57] | Mirror Image; 1d8; [D: 58]]

Calex Shadowbourne: [SKILL] Acrobatics [1d20+5 = 20]
Calex Shadowbourne: Arcane Accuracy (Sw) [1 PP]
Effect ['Arcane Accuracy; ATK: 5'] -> [to Calex Shadowbourne]
Calex Shadowbourne: [ATTACK (M)] +1 Cold Iron Scimitar (1H) [MOD:DEX] [CRIT 15] [EFFECTS +7] [+2] [1d20+20 = 34]
Attack [34] -> [at The Dancing Lady] [HIT]
Calex Shadowbourne: [DAMAGE (M)] +1 Cold Iron Scimitar (1H) [EFFECTS 1d6+2] [TYPE: magic, cold iron, slashing,electricity (2d6+8=18)] [1d6+1p6+8 = 18]
Damage [18] -> [to The Dancing Lady] [STATUS: Wounded]
Calex Shadowbourne: [DAMAGE] Shocking Grasp (Precocious, Lineage) [TYPE: electricity,spell (7d6=27)] [7d6 = 27]
Damage [27] -> [to The Dancing Lady] [STATUS: Heavy]
Calex Shadowbourne: [CONCENTRATION] [MOD:INT] [1d20+12 = 29]
Calex Shadowbourne: [CAST] Shocking Grasp (Precocious, Lineage) [at The Dancing Lady]
Calex Shadowbourne: [ATTACK (M)] Shocking Grasp (Precocious, Lineage) [TOUCH] [EFFECTS +7] [1d20+13 = 18]
Attack [18] -> [at The Dancing Lady] [HIT]
Calex Shadowbourne: [CL CHECK] Shocking Grasp (Precocious, Lineage) [at The Dancing Lady] [SUCCESS] [1d20+7 = 24]

Calex too came to his senses and moved close, charging his blade, which struck true and blasted the dancing fey creature, but surprisingly didn't kill her outright.  "You have no more power over these lands than did the elves who first came here.  Your deaths and the deaths of those you bring will only fuel the power that traps them."

[TURN] Koh - [Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex]

Effect ['Flanking; ATK: 2'] -> [to Koh]
Koh: [ATTACK (M)] +1 Falcata (Single) [CRIT 19] [EFFECTS +2] [1d20+12 = 14]
Attack [14] -> [at The Dancing Lady] [MISS]
Koh: [ATTACK #2 (M)] +1 Falcata (Single) [CRIT 19] [EFFECTS +2] [1d20+7 = 12]
Attack [12] -> [at The Dancing Lady] [MISS]
Koh: [ATTACK (M)] +1 Falcata (Single) [CRIT 19] [EFFECTS +2] [1d20+12 = 16]
Attack [16] -> [at The Dancing Lady] [MISS]

Koh, in a fury, swung savagely at the dancing fey creature, but she avoided every one.

[TURN] Taboo - [Entangled | Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex]

Taboo waited impatiently but moved away from the southern entrance to the main tower as the mist was beginning to disperse outside.

[ROUND 17]

[TURN] Perlivash - [Invisible]


Perlivash: [ABILITY] Intelligence check [1d20+3 = 20]
Perlivash: [ATTACK (R)] Ranged Attack [CA] [EFFECTS +2] [1d20+8 = 27]
Attack [27] -> [at The Dancing Lady] [DEF EFFECTS -5] [HIT]
Tanglefoot bag
The Dancing Lady: [SAVE] Reflex [1d20+10 = 11][FAILURE]
Effect ['Entangled'] -> [to The Dancing Lady] [by Perlivash]

Perlivash's mage hand reached into his bag of tricks and he tossed a bag of goo that they recovered from the kobolds in the summer.  Upon striking the sith, it exploded in a thick layer of goo that began to constrict and harden around the fey.

[TURN] Lomman Stormchest - [Power Attack (one handed); ATK: -2 melee; CMB: -2 melee; DMG: 4 melee | Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex]

Lomman Stormchest: [ATTACK #2 (M)] Waraxe, dwarven [FULL] [EFFECTS -2] [1d20+5 = 10]
Attack [10] -> [at The Dancing Lady] [DEF EFFECTS -2] [MISS]
Lomman Stormchest: [ATTACK (M)] Waraxe, dwarven [FULL] [EFFECTS -2] [1d20+10 = 29]
Attack [29] -> [at The Dancing Lady] [DEF EFFECTS -2] [HIT]
Lomman Stormchest: [ATTACK (M)] Waraxe, dwarven [EFFECTS -2] [1d20+10 = 24]
Attack [24] -> [at The Dancing Lady] [DEF EFFECTS -2] [HIT]
Lomman Stormchest: [DAMAGE (M)] Waraxe, dwarven [EFFECTS +4] [TYPE: slashing (1d10+10=12)] [1d10+10 = 12]
Damage [7] -> [to The Dancing Lady] [PARTIALLY RESISTED]
Lomman Stormchest: [DAMAGE (M)] Waraxe, dwarven [EFFECTS 1d10+4] [TYPE: slashing (2d10+10=20)] [1d10+1p10+10 = 20]
Damage [15] -> [to The Dancing Lady] [PARTIALLY RESISTED]

Lomman struck the sith twice with his axe, but it did not cleave her flesh in a similar manner that it did not cleave the flesh of the creature outside he just battled.

[TURN] The Dancing Lady - [Entangled]

The Dancing Lady: [ABILITY] Strength check [1d20+3 = 13][FAILURE]

The creature struggled against the alchemical goo that was hardening around her now, but she could not fight through it.

[TURN] Walben Wobblekettle - [Bond to the Land 11(Forrest); AC: 2 | Mage Armor; AC: 4 | Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex | Poison]

Walben Wobblekettle: [ATTACK (R)] Acid Splash [TOUCH] [1d20+8 = 22]
Attack [22] -> [at Rat Swarm 1] [HIT]
Walben Wobblekettle: [DAMAGE] Acid Splash [TYPE: acid,spell (1d3=3)] [1d3 = 3]
Damage [3] -> [to Rat Swarm 1] [STATUS: Dead]

Walben bombed the swarm with acid once again and it fully dispersed the swarm into a dozen or so rats that were quickly caught in the entangling vines.

[TURN] Belthazor - [REMOVE: Dirty Fighter; [SINGLE] | Flanking; ATK: 2 | Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex]

Effect ['Sneak Attack; DMG: 2d6'] -> [to Belthazor]
Effect ['Dirty Fighter; DMG: 1'] -> [to Belthazor]
Belthazor: [ATTACK (M)] Masterwork Shortsword [CRIT 19] [EFFECTS +2] [1d20+7 = 18]
Attack [18] -> [at Belthazor] [DEF EFFECTS +1] [HIT]
Belthazor: [DAMAGE (M)] Masterwork Shortsword [EFFECTS 2d6+1] [TYPE: piercing (3d6+4=18)] [1d6+2p6+4 = 18]
Damage [13] -> [to The Dancing Lady] [PARTIALLY RESISTED]
Belthazor: [ATTACK (M)] Masterwork Shortsword [CRIT 19] [EFFECTS +2] [1d20+7 = 25]
Attack [25] -> [at Belthazor] [DEF EFFECTS +1] [HIT]
Belthazor: [DAMAGE (M)] Masterwork Shortsword [EFFECTS 2d6+1] [TYPE: piercing (3d6+4=13)] [1d6+2p6+4 = 13]
Damage [8] -> [to The Dancing Lady] [PARTIALLY RESISTED]

Belthazor dropped the jewelled blade and drew his shortsword, managing a pair of strikes that wounded the dancing lady further.

[TURN] Calex Shadowbourne - [Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex | Arcane Pool; DMG: 2; ATK: 2; DMGTYPE: magic; [D: 5] | Shocking Burst; DMGTYPE: electricity; DMG: 1d6; [D: 5] | Flying 60'; [D: 56] | Mirror Image; 1d8; [D: 57]]

Calex Shadowbourne: Shocking Grasp
Effect ['Spell Combat; ATK: -2'] -> [to Calex Shadowbourne]
Calex Shadowbourne: [ATTACK (M)] +1 Cold Iron Scimitar (1H) [MOD:DEX] [CRIT 15] [EFFECTS] [+2] [1d20+13 = 20]
Attack [20] -> [at The Dancing Lady] [DEF EFFECTS -2] [HIT]
Calex Shadowbourne: [DAMAGE (M)] +1 Cold Iron Scimitar (1H) [EFFECTS 1d6+2] [TYPE: magic, cold iron, slashing,electricity (2d6+8=16)] [1d6+1p6+8 = 16]
Damage [16] -> [to The Dancing Lady] [STATUS: Dying]

Calex cut the throat of the boabhan sith and sparks flew from his blade as she jerked wildly.  Through the hiss of power from the spell, he heard her whisper, "You make these lands your home, but you only fill the graves that you dig with your thoughlessness.  Be forever cursed in this accursed land!"

Calex Shadowbourne: [DAMAGE] Shocking Grasp (Precocious, Lineage) [CRITICAL] [TYPE: electricity,spell (7d6=23)] [TYPE: electricity,spell,critical (7d6=31)] [7d6+7g6 = 54]
Damage [54] -> [to The Dancing Lady] [STATUS: Dead]
Calex Shadowbourne: [SAVE] Will [1d20+5 = 7][FAILURE]

The spell and the blade killed the creature, but Calex could feel a deadness in his limbs and his world begin to slow, although that was most likely from the fading of his spell.  His arms felt feeble and he nearly tripped over his feet as he moved back from the fallen fey.


Perlivash: [SKILL] Use Magic Device [1d20+10 = 15][FAILURE]
Perlivash: [SKILL] Use Magic Device [1d20+10 = 13][FAILURE]
Perlivash: [SKILL] Use Magic Device [1d20+10 = 13][FAILURE]
Perlivash: [SKILL] Use Magic Device [1d20+10 = 29][SUCCESS]
[4 charges of remove curse from wand]

Lomman Stormchest: [SKILL] Knowledge (Dungeoneering) [1d20+11 = 29]
Belthazor: [SKILL] Perception Trapfinding [1d20+13 = 28]
Belthazor: [SKILL] Disable Device [1d20+10 = 12]
Belthazor: [SAVE] Reflex [EFFECTS +1] [1d20+6 = 19]

[PARTY] -> [Belthazor] : Poison
[PARTY] -> [Belthazor] : +1 sword, short [small]
[PARTY] -> [Belthazor] : Poison
[PARTY] -> [Belthazor] : Poison
[PARTY] -> [Belthazor] : Poison
[PARTY] -> [Belthazor] : Poison
[PARTY] -> [Belthazor] : Poison

[1680 XP] -> Belthazor
[1680 XP] -> Calex Shadowbourne
[1680 XP] -> Lomman Stormchest
[1680 XP] -> Koh
[1680 XP] -> Walben Wobblekettle
Awarded XP to the Party (8400): The Dancing Lady (CR6) 2400, The Grimstalker (CR5) 1600, Rigg Gargadilly (CR6) 2400, Assassin Vine (CR3) 800, Rat Swarm (CR2x2) 1200
[320 XP] -> Belthazor
[320 XP] -> Calex Shadowbourne
[320 XP] -> Lomman Stormchest
[320 XP] -> Koh
[320 XP] -> Walben Wobblekettle
Awarded XP to the Party (1600): Quest Reward (minor)

Note:
Koh: [INIT] [1d20+3 = 23]
Calex Shadowbourne: [INIT] [1d20+7 = 24]
Perlivash: [INIT] [1d20+3 = 19]
Lomman Stormchest: [INIT] [1d20+1 = 11]
Belthazor: [INIT] [1d20+2 = 6]

This message was last edited by the GM at 20:57, Tue 06 Nov 2018.

DM
 GM, 462 posts
Tue 6 Nov 2018
at 21:06
07: The Birth of a Nation
In reply to DM (msg # 46):



The stairs end in a circular room featuring wide windows draped with hanging vines that offer panoramic views of the keepís overgrown courtyard and the forest beyond. An open circular skylight in the ceiling provides glimpses of the forest canopy overhead. The walls between the windows are carved with exquisite, delicate nature motifs highlighted in gold and silver leaf. A riot of flowers, plants, and bushes sprout from the thick loam that carpets the hallís floor, as if one were walking in a fantastic glade elevated high above the forest floor.

The group searched the chamber of the dancing lady and found numerous treasures. The Dancing Lady possesses a number of treasures salvaged from the ruins and stolen from her victims: a life-sized alabaster statue of a nude, dancing elven woman (worth 900 gp, but weighing almost 500 pounds), a masterwork harp, a small, carved jade statuette of a coiling snake (worth 75 gp), and an ancient filigreed elven water clock (worth 1,000 gp, but weighing 200 pounds). The Ladyís bed is covered with a snow-white bearskin coverlet (worth 50 gp). A finely carved, wooden wardrobe beside the bed holds two royal outfits (worth 200 gp each), three courtierís outfits (worth 30 gp each), and several other tasteful, once-expensive articles of clothing (heavily stained with blood and now worthless). A small wooden coffer atop a rosewood table contains 3 vials of exotic perfume (worth 100 gp each), a gem-studded tiara (worth 350 gp), and an elixir of love. A nearby chest holds 431 sp and 370 gp in leather sacks.

This ground floor of the central tower has an impressive vaulted ceiling. Though obscured in places by earth and undergrowth, the hallís floor is crafted of smooth stone tiles in multicolored pastel hues. The walls of the chamber are decorated with faded frescoes of sylvan life, showing scenes of beautiful elves engaged in hunting, feasting, dancing, singing, and a bewildering variety of other idyllic pursuits. To the west, a graceful, filigreed stone staircase, garlanded with flowering vines, climbs to the level above.

Down the stairs to the main hall of the central tower, the group found what they were searching for.  In the middle of the pastel-hued stone floor was the familiar design of the seven-pointed spiralling sunburst and in its midst, a depression to hold a stone for summoning.  Using their mage vision and examining it for some time, the group determined that it was familiar in all ways to those they had previously encountered.  Should they defeat the guardian, they would hold the fifth piece of the puzzle.

From there, the group searched out the main entrance, and found that Rigg Gargadilly had trapped the portcullis.  Belthazor sprung the trap while trying to disable it, but fortunately he jumped back in time having expected it to drop when the thin line was severed.  The combined strength of Taboo, Lomman and Koh would easily lift the bars should they want to open the main passage, but for now, they kept it closed as they searched the other four towers and planned to rest and do some work around the keep.

The southeast tower was the home of the sadistic quickling.

A wooden door made from roughly-cut timber planks, obviously of newer construction than the rest of the keep, blocks the entrance to this tower. The 40-foot-tall southeast tower is also missing its roof, but interwoven, leafy vines and the forest canopy above provide a ceiling of sorts, shading the interior and allowing only dim illumination. Inside, the rubble and undergrowth have been cleared away to create a cozy living space, decorated with crude wooden furniture, sized for a Small creature, and bloody scalps nailed to the walls.

After some time of searching, the group found Rigg's stash hidden high up in a niche in the wall.  There was an urn filled with sparkling gemstones and a myriad of coins.

Clockwise around the keep, the southwest tower was loaded with junk it would seem.

The upper reaches of this tower have completely collapsed, filling the interior with debris and rubble.

A thorough search of the debris and rubble finally paid off in the form of a remarkably well-preserved mithral statuette of a beautiful elf woman wearing archaic robes, framed by an archway of mithral branches.  Finding nothing further, they continued to the northwest tower.

The home of the grimstalker, whom they now determined was not undead, nor was the dancing lady, but in all likelihood evil fey creatures, the tower was quickly searched and plundered, but not thoroughly.

This tower stretches high into the sky, its upper reaches hidden in the forestís canopy. The vines choking the towerís exterior, which are festooned with bleached humanoid skulls, nearly obscure the dark arrow slits. At ground level, a closed wooden door hides behind a cloak of hanging vines.

The grimstalker keeps valuables taken from his victims in a locked chest (now broken open) inside his tower. Inside the chest are a fine velvet cloak (worth 10 gp), a gold necklace (worth 100 gp), a silver ring set with an emerald (worth 300 gp), a bejeweled masterwork scimitar (worth 510 gp), a moonstone (worth 50 gp), 76 sp, and 31 gp.

The northeast tower, the source of the rat swarms, revealed little other than this area was in need of an exterminator, which Walben could readily see to in the coming days.

The northeast tower is open to the sky, its roof and interior levels having fallen away long ago.  Numerous rats still remained, .  Using some debris from the southwest tower, they blocked off the entrance to the northeast tower temporarily and set out to take a rest for the night.

This message was last edited by the GM at 19:39, Wed 07 Nov 2018.

DM
 GM, 463 posts
Sun 11 Nov 2018
at 04:35
07: The Birth of a Nation
In reply to DM (msg # 47):

Forty Ninth Session, Played on Fantasy Grounds, November 7th, 2018

Walben began the timely process of healing the wounded with the magical wand that Karros had acquired in Restov when his plans to be an adventurer seemed likely, but having  no real need of it, he sold it to those who made their living putting their lives in danger.  After several minutes, Walben no somewhat drained from the effort remarked, "Ayami made it look so easy,"  Still, the others were in much better shape than they had been after the battle with the fey of the Abandoned Keep.  The group gathered in the upper floor of the central tower and took their usual turns on watch as they got some rest in the most pleasant place in the keep.

While Koh was on watch, sat on top of the roof of the central tower perched like a gargoyle, she spotted some movement near the rubble pile in the breach of the southern wall.  She watched intently for a moment and spotted it again.  Focused on what it was, she saw it was a group of giant spiders crawling in through the opening in the wall.  She flew down to the window below her and perched on the sill, whispering harshly, "Hey, get up! There's a pack of hunting spiders coming into the keep!"

Koh: [SKILL] Perception [1d20+5 = 13]
Spider, Giant 4: [SKILL] Stealth [1d20+7 = 12]
Spider, Giant 4: [SKILL] Stealth [1d20+7 = 9]
Spider, Giant 4: [SKILL] Stealth [1d20+7 = 8]

Koh: [INIT] [1d20+3 = 14]
Lomman Stormchest: [INIT] [1d20+1 = 11]
Belthazor: [INIT] [1d20+2 = 6]
Perlivash: [INIT] [1d20+3 = 15]
Calex Shadowbourne: [INIT] [1d20+7 = 18]
Walben Wobblekettle: [INIT] [1d20+10 = 13]
Taboo: [INIT] [1d20+3 = 5]

Koh quickly took off into a dive as she landed at the mouth of the central arch to the main tower.  In an instant, an unseen spider was on her.

[ROUND 1]

[TURN] Spider, Giant 4

Spider, Giant 4: [ATTACK (M)] Bite [1d20+2 = 17]
Attack [17] -> [at Koh] [DEF EFFECTS +1] [MISS]

The spider, a beast the size of a large dog, snapped its mandibles at her but she easily repelled it.

[TURN] Spider, Giant 2

Spider, Giant 2: [ATTACK (M)] Bite [1d20+2 = 5]
Attack [5] -> [at Koh] [DEF EFFECTS +1] [MISS]

She saw the second one coming in at her and she batted it back with her swords.

[TURN] Koh

Koh: [ATTACK (M)] +1 Falcata (Main) [CRIT 19] [1d20+7 = 8]
Attack [8] -> [at Spider, Giant 4] [AUTOMATIC MISS]
Koh: [ATTACK (M)] Cold Iron Falcata (Off) [CRIT 19] [1d20+7 = 22]
Attack [22] -> [at Spider, Giant 4] [HIT]
Koh: [DAMAGE (M)] Cold Iron Falcata (Off) [TYPE: slashing, cold iron (1d8+2=3)] [1d8+2 = 3]
Damage [3] -> [to Spider, Giant 4] [STATUS: Wounded]
Koh: [ATTACK #2 (M)] +1 Falcata (Single) [CRIT 19] [1d20+5 = 25]
Attack [25] -> [at Spider, Giant 4] [AUTOMATIC HIT]
Koh: [ATTACK #2 (M)] +1 Falcata (Single) [CRIT 19] [CONFIRM] [1d20+5 = 21]
Attack [21] -> [at Spider, Giant 4] [CRITICAL HIT]
Koh: [DAMAGE (M)] +1 Falcata (Single) [CRITICAL] [TYPE: slashing, magic (1d8+3=7)] [TYPE: slashing, magic,critical (2d8+6=13)] [1d8+2g8+9 = 20]
Damage [20] -> [to Spider, Giant 4] [STATUS: Heavy]

Koh landed two sound blows against the great hairy beast and wounded it badly.

[TURN] Spider, Giant 6

Spider, Giant 6: [ATTACK (M)] Bite [1d20+2 = 11]
Attack [11] -> [at Koh] [MISS]

Another came from the underbrush that they had yet to clear and moved in quickly at her, unable to penetrate her defenses.

[ROUND 2]

[TURN] Spider, Giant 4

Spider, Giant 4: [ATTACK (M)] Bite [1d20+2 = 9]
Attack [9] -> [at Koh] [MISS]

Quickly, Koh was beginning to be surrounded as she stood her ground at the mouth of the central tower's arch, holding back several of the creatures.

[TURN] Calex Shadowbourne

Calex raced down the stairs and got to the bottom.

[TURN] Spider, Giant 2

Spider, Giant 2: [ATTACK (M)] Bite [1d20+2 = 22]
Attack [22] -> [at Koh] [AUTOMATIC HIT]
Spider, Giant 2: [ATTACK (M)] Bite [CONFIRM] [1d20+2 = 18]
Attack [18] -> [at Koh] [CRIT NOT CONFIRMED]
Spider, Giant 2: [DAMAGE (M)] Bite [TYPE: piercing,slashing,bludgeoning (1d6=2)] [1d6 = 2]
Damage [2] -> [to Koh] [STATUS: Wounded]
Koh: [SAVE] Fortitude [1d20+7 = 19][SUCCESS]

One finally bit Koh but it did not penetrate her armor.

[TURN] Perlivash

Perlivash: Sleep
Perlivash: [CAST] Sleep [at Spider, Giant 6]
Perlivash: [CAST] Sleep [at Spider, Giant 2]
Perlivash: [CAST] Sleep [at Spider, Giant 4]
Spider, Giant 2: [SAVE] Will [1d20+1 = 17]
Save [17][vs. DC 14] -> [for Spider, Giant 2] [vs Perlivash] [SUCCESS]
Spider, Giant 6: [SAVE] Will [1d20+1 = 13]
Save [13][vs. DC 14] -> [for Spider, Giant 6] [vs Perlivash] [FAILURE]
Spider, Giant 4: [SAVE] Will [1d20+1 = 10]
Save [10][vs. DC 14] -> [for Spider, Giant 4] [vs Perlivash] [FAILURE]
Effect ['Helpless'] -> [to Spider, Giant 6] [by Perlivash]

Perlivash flew out the window and cast a spell that put one of the spiders to sleep.

[TURN] Spider, Giant 3

Spider, Giant 3: [ATTACK (M)] Bite [+4] [1d20+6 = 16]
Attack [16] -> [at Koh] [MISS]

Another rushed in from the side and narrowly missed Koh as she yelled.

[TURN] Koh

Koh: [ATTACK (M)] +1 Falcata (Main) [CRIT 19] [1d20+7 = 18]
Attack [18] -> [at Spider, Giant 4] [HIT]
Koh: [DAMAGE (M)] +1 Falcata (Main) [TYPE: slashing, magic (1d8+4=8)] [1d8+4 = 8]
Damage [8] -> [to Spider, Giant 4] [STATUS: Dying]
Koh: [ATTACK (M)] Cold Iron Falcata (Off) [CRIT 19] [1d20+7 = 13]
Attack [13] -> [at Spider, Giant 3] [MISS]
Koh: [ATTACK #2 (M)] +1 Falcata (Single) [CRIT 19] [1d20+5 = 10]
Attack [10] -> [at Spider, Giant 3] [MISS]

She lashed out at the wounded spider and chopped into it again, this time putting it out of the fight.

[TURN] Lomman Stormchest

Lomman rushed down the stairs as well and got to the main floor of the tower.

[TURN] Spider, Giant 6 - [Helpless]

[TURN] Spider, Giant 1

Spider, Giant 1: [ATTACK (M)] Bite [+1] [1d20+3 = 15]
Attack [15] -> [at Koh] [MISS]

[TURN] Belthazor

Spider, Giant 5: [SKILL] Stealth [1d20+7 = 25]
Belthazor: [SKILL] Perception [1d20+10 = 20]
Belthazor: [ATTACK (R)] Crossbow, hand [CRIT 19] [EFFECTS +4] [1d20+3 =16]
Attack [16] -> [at Spider, Giant 3] [HIT]
Belthazor: [DAMAGE (R)] Crossbow, hand [TYPE: piercing (1d4=3)] [1d4 = 3]
Damage [3] -> [to Spider, Giant 3] [STATUS: Wounded]
Spider, Giant 3: [SAVE] Fortitude [1d20+4 = 15][SUCCESS]

Belthazor leaned out of the window and fired his crossbow, the bolt digging into the back of a spider.

[TURN] Spider, Giant 5

Spider, Giant 5: [ATTACK (M)] Bite [+2] [1d20+4 = 21]
Attack [21] -> [at Koh] [HIT]
Spider, Giant 5: [DAMAGE (M)] Bite [TYPE: piercing,slashing,bludgeoning (1d6=6)] [1d6 = 6]
Damage [6] -> [to Koh]
Koh: [SAVE] Fortitude [1d20+7 = 17][SUCCESS]

Koh was bit again, but she doubted that the mandibles of the spider penetrated her armor.  Still, she was beginning to grow concerned.

[TURN] Walben Wobblekettle - [Bond to the Land 11(Forrest); AC: 2 | Mage Armor; AC: 4]

Walben Wobblekettle: [CAST] Scorching Ray [at Spider, Giant 1]
Walben Wobblekettle: [CAST] Scorching Ray [at Spider, Giant 2]
Walben Wobblekettle: [ATTACK (R)] Scorching Ray [TOUCH] [-4] [1d20+4 = 13]
Attack [13] -> [at Spider, Giant 2] [HIT]
Walben Wobblekettle: [ATTACK (R)] Scorching Ray [TOUCH] [-4] [1d20+4 = 13]
Attack [13] -> [at Spider, Giant 1] [HIT]
Walben Wobblekettle: [DAMAGE] Scorching Ray [TYPE: fire,spell (4d6=11)] [4d6 = 11]
Damage [11] -> [to Spider, Giant 1] [STATUS: Wounded]
Walben Wobblekettle: [DAMAGE] Scorching Ray [TYPE: fire,spell (4d6=11)] [4d6 = 10]
Damage [10] -> [to Spider, Giant 2] [STATUS: Wounded]

Walben fired off two rays of green fire that struck two seperate spiders simultaneously, burning their hairy flesh.

[TURN] Taboo

Taboo: [ATTACK (M)] bite [MOD:DEX] [1d20+11 = 18]
Attack [18] -> [at Spider, Giant 3] [HIT]
Taboo: [DAMAGE (M)] bite [TYPE: untyped (1d8+7=11)] [1d8+7 = 11]
Damage [11] -> [to Spider, Giant 3] [STATUS: Heavy]
Taboo: [CMB] [1d20+10 = 18]
Combat Man. [18] -> [at Spider, Giant 3] [HIT]
Effect ['Grappled'] -> [to Spider, Giant 3] [by Walben Wobblekettle]

Taboo rushed down the stairs and leapt over Calex, landing and catching a spider in his jaws.

[TURN] Calex Shadowbourne

Calex Shadowbourne: [ATTACK (R)] +1 Longbow [-6] [1d20+5 = 10]
Attack [10] -> [at Spider, Giant 3] [DEF EFFECTS -2] [MISS]

Calex could see the crowd forming at the opening of the tower and decided to fire his bow instead of going in.  The crowd was such that a clear shot was difficult, and he fired high just to be safe.

[TURN] Spider, Giant 2

Spider, Giant 2: [ATTACK (M)] Bite [+2] [1d20+4 = 13]
Attack [13] -> [at Koh] [MISS]

Koh, a blur of whirling blades dodged back and forth as the spiders snapped at her.

[TURN] Perlivash

Perlivash: Sleep
Perlivash: [CAST] Sleep [at Spider, Giant 6]
Perlivash: [CAST] Sleep [at Spider, Giant 1]
Perlivash: [CAST] Sleep [at Spider, Giant 5]
Spider, Giant 6: [SAVE] Will [1d20+1 = 14]
Save [14][vs. DC 14] -> [for Spider, Giant 6] [vs Perlivash] [SUCCESS]
Spider, Giant 1: [SAVE] Will [1d20+1 = 4]
Save [4][vs. DC 14] -> [for Spider, Giant 1] [vs Perlivash] [FAILURE]
Spider, Giant 5: [SAVE] Will [1d20+1 = 8]
Save [8][vs. DC 14] -> [for Spider, Giant 5] [vs Perlivash] [FAILURE]
Effect ['Helpless'] -> [to Spider, Giant 1] [by Perlivash]

Perlivash put another spider to sleep from a safe distance.

[TURN] Spider, Giant 3 - [Grappled]

Spider, Giant 3: [ATTACK (M)] Bite [EFFECTS -2] [1d20 = 5]
Attack [5] -> [at Taboo] [MISS]

The spider tried to snap at Taboo, but it could not reach the tiger while in its grip.

[TURN] Koh

Koh: [ATTACK (M)] +1 Falcata (Main) [CRIT 19] [1d20+7 = 22]
Attack [22] -> [at Spider, Giant 2] [HIT]
Koh: [DAMAGE (M)] +1 Falcata (Main) [TYPE: slashing, magic (1d8+4=7)] [1d8+4 = 7]
Damage [7] -> [to Spider, Giant 2] [STATUS: Wounded]
Koh: [ATTACK (M)] Cold Iron Falcata (Off) [CRIT 19] [1d20+7 = 16]
Attack [16] -> [at Spider, Giant 2] [HIT]
Koh: [DAMAGE (M)] Cold Iron Falcata (Off) [TYPE: slashing, cold iron (1d8+2=4)] [1d8+2 = 4]
Damage [4] -> [to Spider, Giant 2]
Koh: [ATTACK #2 (M)] +1 Falcata (Single) [CRIT 19] [1d20+5 = 25]
Attack [25] -> [at Spider, Giant 2] [AUTOMATIC HIT]
Koh: [ATTACK #2 (M)] +1 Falcata (Single) [CRIT 19] [CONFIRM] [1d20+5 = 9]
Attack [9] -> [at Spider, Giant 2] [CRIT NOT CONFIRMED]
Koh: [DAMAGE (M)] +1 Falcata (Single) [TYPE: slashing, magic (1d8+3=6)] [1d8+3 = 6]
Damage [6] -> [to Spider, Giant 2] [STATUS: Heavy]

Koh struck another spider three times, but the creature still fought on, though wounded.

[TURN] Walben Wobblekettle - [Bond to the Land 11(Forrest); AC: 2 | Mage Armor; AC: 4]

Walben Wobblekettle: Scorching Ray
Walben Wobblekettle: [CAST] Scorching Ray [at Spider, Giant 2]
Walben Wobblekettle: [CAST] Scorching Ray [at Spider, Giant 1]
Walben Wobblekettle: [ATTACK (R)] Scorching Ray [TOUCH] [1d20+8 = 10]
Attack [10] -> [at Spider, Giant 1] [DEF EFFECTS -8] [HIT]
Walben Wobblekettle: [ATTACK (R)] Scorching Ray [TOUCH] [1d20+8 = 19]
Attack [19] -> [at Spider, Giant 2] [HIT]
Walben Wobblekettle: [DAMAGE] Scorching Ray [TYPE: fire,spell (4d6=12)] [4d6 = 12]
Damage [12] -> [to Spider, Giant 2] [STATUS: Dying]
Damage [12] -> [to Spider, Giant 1] [STATUS: Heavy]

Walben killed one spider with a ray of green fire and wounded another.

[TURN] Lomman Stormchest

Lomman Stormchest: [ATTACK (M)] Waraxe, dwarven [EFFECTS -2] [1d20+10 = 30]
Attack [30] -> [at Spider, Giant 5] [AUTOMATIC HIT]
Lomman Stormchest: [ATTACK (M)] Waraxe, dwarven [EFFECTS -2] [CONFIRM] [1d20+10 = 11]
Attack [11] -> [at Spider, Giant 5] [CRIT NOT CONFIRMED]
Lomman Stormchest: [DAMAGE (M)] Waraxe, dwarven [EFFECTS +4] [TYPE: slashing (1d10+10=17)] [1d10+10 = 17]
Damage [17] -> [to Spider, Giant 5] [STATUS: Heavy]
Lomman Stormchest: [ATTACK (M)] Waraxe, dwarven [EFFECTS -2] [1d20+10 = 30]
Attack [30] -> [at Spider, Giant 6] [DEF EFFECTS -4] [AUTOMATIC HIT]
Lomman Stormchest: [ATTACK (M)] Waraxe, dwarven [EFFECTS -2] [CONFIRM] [1d20+10 = 11]
Attack [11] -> [at Spider, Giant 6] [CRIT NOT CONFIRMED]
Lomman Stormchest: [DAMAGE (M)] Waraxe, dwarven [EFFECTS +4] [TYPE: slashing (1d10+10=16)] [1d10+10 = 16]
Damage [16] -> [to Spider, Giant 6] [STATUS: Heavy]

Lomman damaged the previously sleeping spider that began to stir, being trod on by others of its kind as they moved about in front of Koh.

[TURN] Spider, Giant 6 - [Prone]

Spider, Giant 6: [ATTACK (M)] Bite [EFFECTS -4] [1d20-2 = 10]
Attack [10] -> [at Koh] [MISS]

Koh continued to dodge giant spiders.

[TURN] Spider, Giant 1 - [Helpless]

[TURN] Belthazor


Effect ['Sneak Attack; DMG: 2d6'] -> [to Belthazor]
Belthazor: [ATTACK (R)] Crossbow, hand [CRIT 19] [1d20+5 = 20]
Attack [20] -> [at Spider, Giant 1] [DEF EFFECTS -8] [HIT]
Belthazor: [DAMAGE (R)] Crossbow, hand [EFFECTS 2d6] [TYPE: piercing (2d6+1d4=15)] [1d4+2p6 = 15]
Damage [15] -> [to Spider, Giant 1] [STATUS: Dying]

Belthazor targeted the wounded spider that had gone still after the effects of Perlivash's spell.  The bolt struck true and dug deeply into the 'head' of the creature.

[TURN] Spider, Giant 5

Spider, Giant 5: [ATTACK (M)] Bite [1d20+2 = 7]
Attack [7] -> [at Koh] [MISS]

Koh could see the fight was more manageable now and easily dodged yet another spider that had come in at her.

[TURN] Taboo

Taboo: [ATTACK (M)] bite [MOD:DEX] [1d20+11 = 13]
Attack [13] -> [at Spider, Giant 3] [DEF EFFECTS -2] [HIT]
Taboo: [ATTACK (M)] claw [MOD:DEX] [FULL] [1d20+10 = 21]
Attack [21] -> [at Spider, Giant 3] [DEF EFFECTS -2] [HIT]
Taboo: [ATTACK #2 (M)] claw [MOD:DEX] [FULL] [1d20+5 = 21]
Attack [21] -> [at Spider, Giant 3] [DEF EFFECTS -2] [HIT]
Taboo: [ATTACK (M)] Rake [MOD:DEX] [1d20+10 = 12]
Attack [12] -> [at Spider, Giant 3] [DEF EFFECTS -2] [HIT]
Taboo: [DAMAGE (M)] bite [TYPE: untyped (1d8+7=15)] [1d8+7 = 15]
Damage [15] -> [to Spider, Giant 3] [STATUS: Dying]
Taboo: [DAMAGE (M)] claw [TYPE: untyped (1d6+7=8)] [1d6+7 = 8]
Damage [8] -> [to Spider, Giant 3]
Taboo: [DAMAGE (M)] claw [TYPE: untyped (1d6+7=12)] [1d6+7 = 12]
Damage [12] -> [to Spider, Giant 3] [STATUS: Dead]
Taboo: [DAMAGE (M)] Rake [TYPE: untyped (1d6+7=10)] [1d6+7 = 10]
Damage [10] -> [to Spider, Giant 3]
Taboo: [DAMAGE (M)] Rake [TYPE: untyped (1d6+7=8)] [1d6+7 = 8]
Damage [8] -> [to Spider, Giant 3]

Taboo ripped the spider apart that he had in his jaws.

[ROUND 4]

[TURN] Calex Shadowbourne

Calex saved an arrow seeing the battle had gone from potentially dangerous, to under control within a handful of moments.

[TURN] Perlivash


Perlivash, nearly out of magic, hovered and watched, expecting Koh to finish the fight quickly.

[TURN] Koh

Koh: [ATTACK (M)] +1 Falcata (Main) [CRIT 19] [1d20+7 = 8]
Attack [8] -> [at Spider, Giant 6] [AUTOMATIC MISS]
Koh: [ATTACK (M)] Cold Iron Falcata (Off) [CRIT 19] [1d20+7 = 11]
Attack [11] -> [at Spider, Giant 6] [MISS]
Koh: [ATTACK #2 (M)] +1 Falcata (Single) [CRIT 19] [1d20+5 = 8]
Attack [8] -> [at Spider, Giant 6] [MISS]

Koh, still drained from the effects of the dancing lady's attack, began to  tire.

[TURN] Walben Wobblekettle - [Bond to the Land 11(Forrest); AC: 2 | Mage Armor; AC: 4]

Walben Wobblekettle: [CAST] Scorching Ray [at Spider, Giant 6]
Walben Wobblekettle: [ATTACK (R)] Scorching Ray [TOUCH] [1d20+8 = 16]
Attack [16] -> [at Spider, Giant 6] [HIT]
Walben Wobblekettle: [CAST] Scorching Ray [at Spider, Giant 6]
Walben Wobblekettle: [ATTACK (R)] Scorching Ray [TOUCH] [1d20+8 = 18]
Attack [18] -> [at Spider, Giant 6] [HIT]
Walben Wobblekettle: [DAMAGE] Scorching Ray [TYPE: fire,spell (4d6=13)] [4d6 = 13]
Damage [13] -> [to Spider, Giant 6] [STATUS: Dying]
Walben Wobblekettle: [DAMAGE] Scorching Ray [TYPE: fire,spell (4d6=12)] [4d6 = 12]
Damage [12] -> [to Spider, Giant 6] [STATUS: Dead]
Walben Wobblekettle: Scorching Ray

Walben aimed both rays at the remaining spider and killed it easily.

Taking a few moments to clear the area of dead spiders, the group resumed their much needed rest and were not troubled again that night.

GM: Party taking overnight rest.
The date is Moonday, 16th Lamashan, 4711 Age of Lost Omens


The next day saw the group recovering from the poison of the quickling and the attack of the dancing lady, and they began work in earnest felling some of the smaller, wilder trees of the yard and clearing out the undergrowth.  It would take at least several days of hard work to completely clear the courtyard.  The group also tossed the bodies of the dead spiders into the northeast tower with a bunch of dried underbrush, and Walben blasted that tower a couple of times with fireballs that completely cleared it of any remaining rats and scorched the spiders.  The tower served as a big fireplace and chimney for burning the unwanted pests and underbrush.  The larger wooden timbers were used to seal the wide gap in the southern wall of the tower.

By mid-day, while hard at work, they could see a familiar face at the front gate that was still sealed with the fallen portcullis.  Garuum, the boggard warrior, astride his slurk Ubagub, rattled his morningstar off the portcullis bars and smiled widely showing his large, sharp frog teeth.  Lomman and Belthazor were alarmed, but Garuum was greeted warmly by Calex and Walben.  It seems over the summer, Garuum's common had improved, and he also wore a newer looking wolf-skin cloak.

After a moment to lift the portcullis, the group invited Garuum in and told him what happened.  The boggard slurk-rider explained that he was hunting in the area, making the rounds before his sleep in the winter, when he saw all the smoke.  From the forest, he could hear the voices that he was familiar with and thought he would come have a look.  This tower was a place that he always avoided, but was glad to see that the group had cleared out the dark fey residents.  Walben asked him about his cloak, and Garuum told him that not long after they had met in the spring, he was attacked by a wizard near his kingdom and was forced to slay the elven man.  Garuum volunteered his services to help with the clearing of the keep's courtyard.  The slurk's slime proved invaluable as a mortar of sorts to help hold the timbers and logs from the fallen trees in place over the gap.

When the days work was done, the group asked Garuum if he had any news of the region, and he told them a story of something he encountered at the end of the summer. "Swampy ground, west of Stag God statue I show you, see sad thing.  Great white horned horse, spirit of forest, dead, horn taken.  Only blood on great spirit horse where horn ripped out.  Eyes color of snow, no rot on body, no wounds, area feel bad.  Horse dead for while, but no rot. Even bugs and wolves avoid body.  No rot, no smell, just bad feeling.  Sad when saw it. Great spirit horse, good sign from gods, no more.  Sad to see."  When the group asked questions about what he meant by various things, they discerned that the unicorn was killed by something unnatural, its eyes blinded, and its horn taken.  The body showed no signs of injury or wounds, but there seemed to be a lingering aura of unease from what Garuum described  At best they guessed it was perhaps some manner of death magic that was so powerful that it lingered on the area for an extensive time, but they knew of no spell that would blind the powerful creature and lay it low like that, let alone keep the body from rotting.  Whatever had happened, the lack of decay on the unicorn was also troubling and the group decided that once they had cleared the courtyard of the abandoned elven keep, they could journey north with Garuum and investigate.

Calex Shadowbourne: [SKILL] Knowledge (Arcana) [1d20+15 = 27]
Walben Wobblekettle: [SKILL] Knowledge (nature) [1d20+10 = 29]
Walben Wobblekettle: [SKILL] Knowledge (arcana) [1d20+10 = 27]

GM: Party taking overnight rest.
The date is Toilday, 17th Lamashan, 4711 Age of Lost Omens


The next day the work continued and by now, most of the gap in the wall was properly sealed.  With another day of work and some wood from the forest, they could even build a temporary wall that went to the height of the stone wall, aided by Garuum and the slurk's sticky slime.  Garuum was another hand that was very helpful in aiding in the task.  Time too, was also restoring some of the effects of the poison and restoring Koh back to full health after the Dancing Lady's predations.

GM: Party taking overnight rest.
The date is Wealday, 18th Lamashan, 4711 Age of Lost Omens

The work continued, but more time wa spent resting, talking, cleaning the four outer towers out of signs of the dark fey, and generally just waiting it out.  One more day ought to do it, so the group continued with the menial tasks before them.

GM: Party taking overnight rest.
The date is Oathday, 19th Lamashan, 4711 Age of Lost Omens


The last day saw everyone nearly back to full health.  Tomorrow would be the day they summoned the stone's guardian, so they continued on.  After a day of toil, gathered around the cookfire, they heard in the distance a great rumbling.  It continued, as if something was ripping out trees and tossing them aside.  The sounds of distant cracking wood and sent everyone into action.  Most went to the walls, but Walben took flight and said, "I'm gonna go have a look."  Perlivash went with him in case Walben got into trouble.  He flew for several minutes towards the sounds, and when he finally saw the source of the commotion, he could barely believe his eyes.

Walben Wobblekettle: [CAST] Fly




An owlbear that could reach the top of the keep's walls was storming through the forest, tearing out trees in its path and tossing them aside like they were twigs.  When Walben got closer, her could see a group of figures moving around the owlbear, as if herding it.  One figure, closest to the immense owlbear, was the barbarian that Lomman had tangled with in the Traveller's Rest Inn back in Hexhill.  The other figures were also from his group, and he could make out three of them, two moving further ahead of the destruction and one off to the western flank of the barbarian and the owlbear.  He could also see what appeared to be some manner of armor on the creature.  When Walben got into range, some 600 feet away, Walben hurled down a ball of fire from high above.

Walben Wobblekettle: Fireball
Walben Wobblekettle: [CAST] Fireball [at Eirikk]
Walben Wobblekettle: [CAST] Fireball [at Enraged Giant Owlbear]
Enraged Giant Owlbear: [SAVE] Reflex [1d20+9 = 12]
Save [12][vs. DC 19] -> [for Enraged Giant Owlbear] [vs Walben Wobblekettle] [FAILURE]
Eirikk: [SAVE] Reflex [1d20+6 = 9]
Save [9][vs. DC 19] -> [for Eirikk] [vs Walben Wobblekettle] [FAILURE]
Walben Wobblekettle: [DAMAGE] Fireball [TYPE: fire,spell (7d6=22)] [7d6 = 22]
Damage [22] -> [to Eirikk] [STATUS: Wounded]
Damage [22] -> [to Enraged Giant Owlbear] [STATUS: Wounded]

Walben Wobblekettle: [INIT] [1d20+10 = 13]
Barbarian 2: [SKILL] Perception [1d20+5 = 18]
Barbarian 2: [ATTACK (M)] Ranged longbow [-8] [1d20-5 = 5]
Attack [5] -> [at Walben Wobblekettle] [DEF EFFECTS +6] [MISS]

As the fire exploded around the barbarian and the owlbear, one of the scouts spotted Walben and loosed an arrow that went in the general vicinity, but not all that close.

[ROUND 1]

[TURN] Barbarian 2


The barbarians readied bows as they began to spread out, the man named Eirikk shouting commands in a language that Walben could not make out.

[TURN] Walben Wobblekettle - [Bond to the Land 11(Forrest); AC: 2 | Mage Armor; AC: 4]

Walben Wobblekettle: [CAST] Fireball [at Eirikk]
Walben Wobblekettle: [CAST] Fireball [at Enraged Giant Owlbear]
Walben Wobblekettle: [DAMAGE] Fireball [TYPE: fire,spell (7d6=23)] [7d6 = 23]
Eirikk: [SAVE] Reflex [1d20+6 = 15]
Save [15][vs. DC 19] -> [for Eirikk] [vs Walben Wobblekettle] [FAILURE]
Enraged Giant Owlbear: [SAVE] Reflex [1d20+9 = 15]
Save [15][vs. DC 19] -> [for Enraged Giant Owlbear] [vs Walben Wobblekettle] [FAILURE]
Damage [23] -> [to Eirikk] [STATUS: Heavy]
Damage [23] -> [to Enraged Giant Owlbear]

Another burst of fire exploded catching the barbarian and the great creature.

[TURN] Enraged Giant Owlbear

The owlbear let out another immense howl and began to run forward as the other barbarians began to spread out into the forest.

[TURN] Eirikk

Eirikk: [SKILL] Perception [1d20+9 = 22]
Eirikk: [ATTACK (M)] Ranged composite longbow [-8] [1d20 = 9]
Attack [9] -> [at Walben Wobblekettle] [DEF EFFECTS +6] [MISS]

Eirikk loosed a shaft at Walben but the range was great and the arrow was no threat

[ROUND 2]

[TURN] Barbarian 2


Barbarian 2: [ATTACK (M)] Ranged longbow [-8] [1d20-5 = 12]
Attack [12] -> [at Walben Wobblekettle] [DEF EFFECTS +6] [MISS]

Another arrow loosed into the sky came a little closer to Walben, but he was at great advantage and kept the distance as far as he could and still see what was going on.

[TURN] Walben Wobblekettle - [Bond to the Land 11(Forrest); AC: 2 | Mage Armor; AC: 4]

Walben Wobblekettle: Fireball
Walben Wobblekettle: [CAST] Fireball [at Enraged Giant Owlbear]
Walben Wobblekettle: [CAST] Fireball [at Eirikk]
Eirikk: [SAVE] Reflex [1d20+6 = 17]
Save [17][vs. DC 19] -> [for Eirikk] [vs Walben Wobblekettle] [FAILURE]
Enraged Giant Owlbear: [SAVE] Reflex [1d20+9 = 13]
Save [13][vs. DC 19] -> [for Enraged Giant Owlbear] [vs Walben Wobblekettle] [FAILURE]
Walben Wobblekettle: [DAMAGE] Fireball [TYPE: fire,spell (7d6=23)] [7d6 = 23]
Damage [23] -> [to Enraged Giant Owlbear]
Damage [23] -> [to Eirikk]

Eirikk scrambled away from the owlbear and the creature seemed to burst ahead into the forest.

[TURN] Enraged Giant Owlbear

The owlbear tore trees from the ground and batted them aside as it rushed ahead.

[TURN] Eirikk

GM: +3 [2d8+3 = 12]

Eirikk shouted something and ducked behind some fallen wood for cover.

[ROUND 3]

[TURN] Barbarian 2


Barbarian 2: [ATTACK (M)] Ranged longbow [-8] [1d20-5 = 15]
Attack [15] -> [at Walben Wobblekettle] [DEF EFFECTS +6] [AUTOMATIC HIT]
Barbarian 2: [ATTACK (M)] Ranged longbow [-8] [CONFIRM] [1d20-5 = 3]
Attack [3] -> [at Walben Wobblekettle] [CRIT NOT CONFIRMED]
Barbarian 2: [DAMAGE (M)] Ranged longbow [TYPE: piercing (1d8=2)] [1d8 = 2]
Damage [2] -> [to Walben Wobblekettle] [STATUS: Wounded]

Walben was so focused on the barbarian and where he went that he did not see the arrow that barely clipped his leg and tore his trousers.

[TURN] Walben Wobblekettle - [Bond to the Land 11(Forrest); AC: 2 | Mage Armor; AC: 4]

Walben Wobblekettle: Fireball
Walben Wobblekettle: [CAST] Fireball [at Barbarian 2]
Barbarian 2: [SAVE] Reflex [1d20+4 = 16]
Save [16][vs. DC 19] -> [for Barbarian 2] [vs Walben Wobblekettle] [FAILURE]
Walben Wobblekettle: [DAMAGE] Fireball [TYPE: fire,spell (7d6=19)] [7d6 = 19]
Damage [19] -> [to Barbarian 2] [STATUS: Heavy]

Walben targeted the bowman and let loose another ball of fire that sent the barbarian scurrying into the woods.  He began to fly away to go and tell the others what was to come.

[TURN] Enraged Giant Owlbear

The owlbear continued to tear into the forest at great speed, knocking down whatever was in its path.

[TURN] Eirikk

Eirikk: [ATTACK (M)] Ranged composite longbow [-8] [1d20 = 7]
Attack [7] -> [at Walben Wobblekettle] [DEF EFFECTS +6] [MISS]

Eirikk loosed another shaft at the retreating flying gnome wizard who had tore apart his band with fire from above.

[ROUND 4]

[TURN] Barbarian 2


Barbarian 2: [ATTACK (M)] Ranged longbow [-8] [1d20-5 = 10]
Attack [10] -> [at Walben Wobblekettle] [DEF EFFECTS +6] [MISS]

One final arrow came within 20 feet of Walben, but he was almost completely out of any bow range as he made his way back towards the keep.

[TURN] Walben Wobblekettle - [Bond to the Land 11(Forrest); AC: 2 | Mage Armor; AC: 4]

Walben Wobblekettle: Fireball
Walben Wobblekettle: [CAST] Fireball [at Eirikk]
Eirikk: [SAVE] Reflex [1d20+6 = 24]
Save [24][vs. DC 19] -> [for Eirikk] [vs Walben Wobblekettle] [SUCCESS]
Walben Wobblekettle: [DAMAGE] Fireball [TYPE: fire,spell (7d6=23)] [7d6 = 23]
Damage [11] -> [to Eirikk] [HALF]

At the far end of his own extensive range, Walben tossed another ball of fire down at the barbarian leader before fleeing completely.

[TURN] Enraged Giant Owlbear

[TURN] Eirikk


GM: +1 [1d8+1 = 8]

Walben tore back to the keep and told everyone what happened, and that there was a huge owlbear tearing north through the forest.  Based on what he saw of its last path, he guessed that the owlbear would most likely miss the keep by a few hundred yards. As soon as Koh heard about the barbarians, she took flight at breakneck speed.  Walben's spell of flying was nearing its limits and he had exhausted his fireballing powers for the day.  The group quickly discussed whether to let the owlbear go by or head out to meet it on its path, and they decided it was too great a threat to let roam the forests, for who knows where it would finally meet someone they knew or what destruction it would wreak.  Calex told Perlivash to go and keep watch over Koh, in case she got into any trouble.

[ROUND 30]

Eirikk: [SKILL] Stealth [1d20+8 = 9]
Koh: [SKILL] Perception [1d20+5 = 21]
Eirikk: [SKILL] Stealth [1d20+8 = 27]
Barbarian 2: [SKILL] Stealth [1d20+4 = 13]
Barbarian 1: [SKILL] Stealth [1d20+4 = 24]
Barbarian 3: [SKILL] Stealth [1d20+4 = 6]
Barbarian 1: [SKILL] Perception [1d20+5 = 25]

Koh flew about 60 feet over the forest tops and was amazed when she saw the size of the owlbear, but she continued past towards the barbarians.  It took a couple minutes, but she spotted a lone scout and another who appeared to be arguing with someone else nearby.

[TURN] Koh

Effect ['Death from Above; ATK: 5; AC: -2'] -> [to Koh]
Koh: [ATTACK (M)] +1 Falcata (Single) [CRIT 19] [EFFECTS +5] [+2] [1d20+19 = 34]
Attack [34] -> [at Barbarian 1] [HIT]
Koh: [DAMAGE (M)] +1 Falcata (Single) [TYPE: slashing, magic (1d8+5=6)] [1d8+5 = 6]
Damage [6] -> [to Barbarian 1] [STATUS: Wounded]

Koh drove down towards the barbarian and the shocked warrior could barely raise his shield to defend himself before she had dealt him a wound on his arm.

[TURN] Eirikk

Eirikk shouted some commands in the native language of the barbarians and they sprang into action.

[TURN] Perlivash

Perlivash continued, trying to keep Koh in sight in the dying light of the day.  She was far ahead and it would take him a bit of time to catch up.  He flew low to the tops of the trees.

[TURN] Barbarian 3

Barbarian 3: [SKILL] Perception [1d20+5 = 25]
Barbarian 3: [ATTACK (M)] Melee longsword [CRIT 19] [+2] [1d20+6 = 15]
Attack [15] -> [at Koh] [DEF EFFECTS -2] [MISS]

One of the tiger lord barbarians reacted quickly and rushed at Koh, who had come to ground level.  He swung his blade, but she put her own up and blocked it.  Koh cold see some of these men were burnt and hurt.

[TURN] Barbarian 1

Barbarian 3: [ATTACK (M)] Melee longsword [CRIT 19] [+2] [1d20+6 = 10]
Attack [10] -> [at Koh] [DEF EFFECTS -2] [MISS]

The barbarian assaulted by Koh stepped int a flank with the other barbarian who rushed in as he swung his blade that she dodged.

[ROUND 31]

[TURN] Barbarian 2


Barbarian 2: [ATTACK (M)] Ranged longbow [1d20+3 = 9]
Attack [9] -> [at Koh] [DEF EFFECTS -2] [MISS]
Effect ['Death from Above; ATK: 5; AC: -2'] -> [EXPIRED] [on Koh]

A barbarian loosed an arrow into the crowd that flew high and into the forest.

[TURN] Koh

Koh: [ATTACK (M)] +1 Falcata (Main) [CRIT 19] [+1] [1d20+10 = 15]
Attack [15] -> [at Barbarian 1] [MISS]
Koh: [ATTACK (M)] Cold Iron Falcata (Off) [CRIT 19] [1d20+9 = 12]
Attack [12] -> [at Barbarian 1] [MISS]
Koh: [ATTACK #2 (M)] +1 Falcata (Single) [CRIT 19] [1d20+7 = 9]
Attack [9] -> [at Barbarian 1] [MISS]

Now surrounded somewhat, Koh began swinging her blades wildly, but the barbarians fended her off.

[TURN] Eirikk - [Greater Rage; STR: 6; CON: 6; SAVE: 3 will,morale; AC: -2]

Eirikk: [ATTACK (M)] Handaxe [FULL] [EFFECTS +3] [1d20+11 = 26]
Attack [26] -> [at Koh] [HIT]
Eirikk: [ATTACK (M)] Longsword [CRIT 19] [FULL] [EFFECTS +3] [1d20+11 = 14]
Attack [14] -> [at Koh] [MISS]
Eirikk: [DAMAGE (M)] Handaxe [EFFECTS +3] [TYPE: slashing (1d6+7=12)] [1d6+7 = 12]
Damage [12] -> [to Koh] [STATUS: Wounded]

She saw Eirikk enter the fray and he swung a handaxe and longsword with some skill.  The barbarian was in his warrior rage, a dangerous state that Koh had known all to well.  The axe caught her on the shoulder and slammed into her magical mail.

[TURN] Perlivash

Perlivash continued to hurry.

[TURN] Barbarian 3 - [Rage; STR: 2 morale; CON: 2 morale; SAVE: 1 will,morale; AC: -2]

Barbarian 3: [ATTACK (M)] Melee longsword [CRIT 19] [EFFECTS +1] [+2] [1d20+7 = 19]
Attack [19] -> [at Koh] [HIT]
Barbarian 3: [DAMAGE (M)] Melee longsword [EFFECTS +1] [TYPE: slashing (1d8+4+1g6=13)] [1d8+4+1g6 = 13]
Damage [13] -> [to Koh]

The second warrior into the fray slammed his blade into her hip and Koh could hear the crunch of bone beneath.

[TURN] Barbarian 1 - [Rage; STR: 2 morale; CON: 2 morale; SAVE: 1 will,morale; AC: -2]

Barbarian 1: [ATTACK (M)] Melee longsword [CRIT 19] [EFFECTS +1] [+2] [1d20+7 = 13]
Attack [13] -> [at Koh] [MISS]

The two barbarians worked a flank against Koh with some precision, but the second of the pair could not manage to penetrate her defenses.

[ROUND 32]

[TURN] Barbarian 2 - [Rage; STR: 2 morale; CON: 2 morale; SAVE: 1 will,morale; AC: -2]

Barbarian 2: [ATTACK (M)] Ranged longbow [EFFECTS +1] [1d20+4 = 16]
Attack [16] -> [at Koh] [MISS]

Koh managed to evade another blow but knew she had to start felling these warriors.  They were dangerous and hunted like a pack of wolves.

[TURN] Koh

Koh: [ATTACK (M)] +1 Falcata (Main) [CRIT 19] [+1] [1d20+10 = 20]
Attack [20] -> [at Barbarian 1] [DEF EFFECTS -2] [HIT]
Koh: [DAMAGE (M)] +1 Falcata (Main) [TYPE: slashing, magic (1d8+6=12)] [1d8+6 = 12]
Damage [12] -> [to Barbarian 1] [STATUS: Heavy]
Koh: [ATTACK (M)] Cold Iron Falcata (Off) [CRIT 19] [+1] [1d20+10 = 24]
Attack [24] -> [at Barbarian 1] [DEF EFFECTS -2] [HIT]
Koh: [DAMAGE (M)] Cold Iron Falcata (Off) [TYPE: slashing, cold iron (1d8+3=10)] [1d8+3 = 10]
Damage [10] -> [to Barbarian 1] [STATUS: Dying]
Koh: [ATTACK #2 (M)] +1 Falcata (Single) [CRIT 19] [1d20+7 = 9]
Attack [9] -> [at Eirikk] [DEF EFFECTS -2] [MISS]

Koh felled a barbarian on her left flank and then turned on Eirikk with a fury, but the skilled warrior met her blades.  She could see that he was badly burned.  Koh stepped back away from the pair to buy herself an instant before they would surround her again.

[TURN] Eirikk - [Greater Rage; STR: 6; CON: 6; SAVE: 3 will,morale; AC: -2]

Eirikk: [ATTACK (M)] Handaxe [FULL] [EFFECTS +3] [+2] [1d20+13 = 30]
Attack [30] -> [at Koh] [HIT]
Eirikk: [ATTACK (M)] Longsword [CRIT 19] [FULL] [EFFECTS +3] [+2] [1d20+13 = 19]
Attack [19] -> [at Koh] [HIT]
Eirikk: [DAMAGE (M)] Longsword [EFFECTS +3] [TYPE: slashing (1d8+8=9)] [1d8+8 = 9]
Damage [9] -> [to Koh]
Eirikk: [DAMAGE (M)] Handaxe [EFFECTS +3] [TYPE: slashing (1d6+7=10)] [1d6+7 = 10]
Damage [10] -> [to Koh]

Eirikk penetrated her defenses with both his axe and sword and Koh knew that she had to end this fast as she was already starting to slow.

[TURN] Perlivash

Perlivash could hear the clash of arms in the distance.

[TURN] Barbarian 3 - [Rage; STR: 2 morale; CON: 2 morale; SAVE: 1 will,morale; AC: -2]

Barbarian 3: [ATTACK (M)] Melee longsword [CRIT 19] [EFFECTS +1] [+2] [1d20+7 = 8]
Attack [8] -> [at Koh] [AUTOMATIC MISS]

The barbarian stumbled as he moved in on Koh and had to hold his shield up high to keep his balance.

[TURN] Barbarian 1 - [Rage; STR: 2 morale; CON: 2 morale; SAVE: 1 will,morale; AC: -2]

Barbarian 1: [STABILIZATION] [at -1] [EFFECTS +1] [FAILURE] [1d20+2 = 5]
Damage [1] -> [to Barbarian 1]

[ROUND 33]

[TURN] Barbarian 2 - [Rage; STR: 2 morale; CON: 2 morale; SAVE: 1 will,morale; AC: -2]

Barbarian 2: [ATTACK (M)] Melee longsword [CRIT 19] [EFFECTS +1] [+2] [1d20+7 = 20]
Attack [20] -> [at Koh] [HIT]
Barbarian 2: [DAMAGE (M)] Melee longsword [EFFECTS +1] [TYPE: slashing (1d8+4=11)] [1d8+4 = 11]
Damage [11] -> [to Koh] [STATUS: Heavy]

Unable to get in the flank, the barbarian pressed on and managed to slip his blade past Koh's, nicking her cheek with a swipe that might have cleaved her head in two had it struck soundly.

[TURN] Koh

Koh: [ATTACK (M)] +1 Falcata (Main) [CRIT 19] [1d20+9 = 25]
Attack [25] -> [at Eirikk] [DEF EFFECTS -2] [HIT]
Koh: [DAMAGE (M)] +1 Falcata (Main) [TYPE: slashing, magic (1d8+6=11)] [1d8+6 = 11]
Damage [11] -> [to Eirikk]
Koh: [ATTACK (M)] Cold Iron Falcata (Off) [CRIT 19] [+1] [1d20+10 = 22]
Attack [22] -> [at Eirikk] [DEF EFFECTS -2] [HIT]
Koh: [DAMAGE (M)] Cold Iron Falcata (Off) [TYPE: slashing, cold iron (1d8+3=11)] [1d8+3 = 11]
Damage [11] -> [to Eirikk] [STATUS: Dying]
Koh: [ATTACK #2 (M)] +1 Falcata (Single) [CRIT 19] [+1] [1d20+8 = 14]
Attack [14] -> [at Eirikk] [DEF EFFECTS -2] [MISS]

Koh put the leader down with two massive blows that nearly removed his arm.

[TURN] Eirikk - [Greater Rage; STR: 6; CON: 6; SAVE: 3 will,morale; AC: -2]

Eirikk: [STABILIZATION] [at -8] [EFFECTS +3] [SUCCESS] [1d20-3 = 12]
Effect ['Stable'] -> [to Eirikk]

[TURN] Perlivash

Perlivash came into view and went invisible as he got closer to the fray from the tree tops.  He could see Koh was heavily wounded, but she had felled two of the four men that were against her.

[TURN] Barbarian 3 - [Rage; STR: 2 morale; CON: 2 morale; SAVE: 1 will,morale; AC: -2]

Barbarian 3: [ATTACK (M)] Melee longsword [CRIT 19] [EFFECTS +1] [+2] [1d20+7 = 15]
Attack [15] -> [at Koh] [MISS]

Despite the fall of Eirikk, the barbarians knew that flight meant death and this strix would hunt them down like dogs.  They could not outrun her, so the only hope they had was to bring her down and kill her. One pressed the attack but could not manage to deal any damage.

[TURN] Barbarian 1 - [Rage; STR: 2 morale; CON: 2 morale; SAVE: 1 will,morale; AC: -2]

Barbarian 1: [STABILIZATION] [at -2] [EFFECTS +1] [SUCCESS] [1d20+1 = 14]
Effect ['Stable'] -> [to Barbarian 1]

[ROUND 34]

[TURN] Barbarian 2 - [Rage; STR: 2 morale; CON: 2 morale; SAVE: 1 will,morale; AC: -2]

Barbarian 2: [ATTACK (M)] Melee longsword [CRIT 19] [EFFECTS +1] [+2] [1d20+7 = 16]
Attack [16] -> [at Koh] [MISS]

The barbarian continued but could not get past her defenses.

[TURN] Koh

Koh: [ATTACK (M)] +1 Falcata (Main) [CRIT 19] [1d20+9 = 11]
Attack [11] -> [at Barbarian 3] [DEF EFFECTS -2] [MISS]
Koh: [ATTACK (M)] Cold Iron Falcata (Off) [CRIT 19] [+1] [1d20+10 = 12]
Attack [12] -> [at Barbarian 3] [DEF EFFECTS -2] [MISS]
Koh: [ATTACK #2 (M)] +1 Falcata (Single) [CRIT 19] [+1] [1d20+8 = 14]
Attack [14] -> [at Barbarian 3] [DEF EFFECTS -2] [MISS]

Koh swung her blades in a whirling arc that drove the barbarians back, but did not fell either.

The main group stayed together as they made their way into the forest and towards the path of the raging owlbear.

[TURN] Lomman Stormchest

Lomman Stormchest: [ATTACK (M)] Waraxe, dwarven [FULL] [EFFECTS -2] [1d20+10 = 21]
Attack [21] -> [at Enraged Giant Owlbear] [HIT]
Lomman Stormchest: [ATTACK #2 (M)] Waraxe, dwarven [FULL] [EFFECTS -2] [1d20+5 = 17]
Attack [17] -> [at Enraged Giant Owlbear] [MISS]
Lomman Stormchest: [DAMAGE (M)] Waraxe, dwarven [EFFECTS +4] [TYPE: slashing (1d10+10=16)] [1d10+10 = 16]
Damage [16] -> [to Enraged Giant Owlbear]

Lomman sprang out of the forest and was underfoot of the owlbear before it even knew what was happening.  His blade hacked into the shin of the beast as it stopped it mad scramble through the woods and let out an insanely loud bellow.

[TURN] Walben Wobblekettle - [Bond to the Land 11(Forrest); AC: 2 | Mage Armor; AC: 4]

Walben Wobblekettle: [CAST] Scorching Ray [at Enraged Giant Owlbear]
Walben Wobblekettle: [ATTACK (R)] Scorching Ray [TOUCH] [1d20+8 = 9]
Attack [9] -> [at Enraged Giant Owlbear] [AUTOMATIC MISS]
Walben Wobblekettle: [CAST] Scorching Ray [at Enraged Giant Owlbear]
Walben Wobblekettle: [ATTACK (R)] Scorching Ray [TOUCH] [1d20+8 = 26]
Attack [26] -> [at Enraged Giant Owlbear] [HIT]
Walben Wobblekettle: [DAMAGE] Scorching Ray [TYPE: fire,spell (4d6=13)] [4d6 = 13]
Damage [13] -> [to Enraged Giant Owlbear] [STATUS: Heavy]

Walben popped up from a greater distance and two rays of fire burst out of his hands, the first setting a tree ablaze but the second catching the great beast in the chest.  He could see that it was indeed armored with some manner of studded leather that seemed made for it.

[TURN] Enraged Giant Owlbear - [Rage; STR: 2 morale; CON: 2 morale; SAVE: 1 will,morale; AC: -2]

Enraged Giant Owlbear: [ATTACK #2 (M)] Claws [FULL] [EFFECTS +1] [1d20+20 = 24]
Attack [24] -> [at Lomman Stormchest] [HIT]
Enraged Giant Owlbear: [ATTACK (M)] Claws [FULL] [EFFECTS +1] [1d20+20 = 27]
Attack [27] -> [at Lomman Stormchest] [HIT]
Enraged Giant Owlbear: [ATTACK (M)] Bite [FULL] [EFFECTS +1] [1d20+20 = 30]
Attack [30] -> [at Lomman Stormchest] [HIT]
Enraged Giant Owlbear: [DAMAGE (M)] Claws [EFFECTS +1] [TYPE: bludgeoning,slashing (1d8+12=20)] [1d8+12 = 20]
Damage [20] -> [to Lomman Stormchest] [STATUS: Wounded]
Enraged Giant Owlbear: [DAMAGE (M)] Claws [EFFECTS +1] [TYPE: bludgeoning,slashing (1d8+12=17)] [1d8+12 = 17]
Damage [17] -> [to Lomman Stormchest]
Enraged Giant Owlbear: [DAMAGE (M)] Bite [EFFECTS +1] [TYPE: piercing,slashing,bludgeoning (1d8+12=17)] [1d8+12 = 17]
Damage [17] -> [to Lomman Stormchest] [STATUS: Heavy]
GM: +23 [1d20+23 = 36]
Effect ['Grappled'] -> [to Lomman Stormchest] [by Enraged Giant Owlbear]

The owlbear grabbed Lomman with both clawed hands and brought him up to his beak, nearly crushing the dwarf's armor.  His world spun as he had never felt something so powerful.

[TURN] Perlivash

Perlivash got close enough to cast a spell, just in case.

[TURN] Taboo

Taboo: [ATTACK (M)] bite [MOD:DEX] [1d20+11 = 21]
Attack [21] -> [at Enraged Giant Owlbear] [DEF EFFECTS -2] [HIT]
Taboo: [DAMAGE (M)] bite [TYPE: untyped (1d8+7=12)] [1d8+7 = 12]
Damage [12] -> [to Enraged Giant Owlbear]
Taboo: [ATTACK (M)] claw [MOD:DEX] [FULL] [1d20+10 = 26]
Attack [26] -> [at Enraged Giant Owlbear] [DEF EFFECTS -2] [HIT]
Taboo: [ATTACK #2 (M)] claw [MOD:DEX] [FULL] [1d20+5 = 10]
Attack [10] -> [at Enraged Giant Owlbear] [DEF EFFECTS -2] [MISS]
Taboo: [DAMAGE (M)] claw [TYPE: untyped (1d6+7=12)] [1d6+7 = 12]
Damage [12] -> [to Enraged Giant Owlbear]
Taboo: [ATTACK (M)] Rake [MOD:DEX] [1d20+10 = 25]
Attack [25] -> [at Enraged Giant Owlbear] [DEF EFFECTS -2] [HIT]
Taboo: [DAMAGE (M)] Rake [TYPE: untyped (1d6+7=12)] [1d6+7 = 12]
Damage [12] -> [to Enraged Giant Owlbear]
Taboo: [CMB] [1d20+10 = 12]
Combat Man. [12] -> [at Enraged Giant Owlbear] [DEF EFFECTS -1] [MISS]

Taboo leapt out of the forest and tore into the owlbear.  It actually looked small compared to it, but the tiger ripped into the creature but was unable to bring grab on.

[TURN] Barbarian 3 - [Rage; STR: 2 morale; CON: 2 morale; SAVE: 1 will,morale; AC: -2]

Barbarian 3: [ATTACK (M)] Melee longsword [CRIT 19] [EFFECTS +1] [+2] [1d20+7 = 23]
Attack [23] -> [at Koh] [HIT]
Barbarian 3: [DAMAGE (M)] Melee longsword precise [EFFECTS +2] [TYPE: slashing (1d8+4=6)] [TYPE: precision (2d6+1=8)] [2d6+1d8+5 = 14]
Damage [14] -> [to Koh]

One of the barbarians slipped past Koh's defenses and landed a heavy blow that nearly knocked her to her knees.

[TURN] Calex Shadowbourne

GM:  [1d4+3 = 7]

Calex girded himself with magical doubles and prepared to move in to land the killing blow on the owlbear, not wanting to get caught like Lomman did.

[TURN] Belthazor

Belthazor: [ATTACK (R)] Crossbow, hand [CRIT 19] [EFFECTS +2] [1d20+7 = 26]
Attack [26] -> [at Enraged Giant Owlbear] [DEF EFFECTS -2] [CRITICAL THREAT]
Belthazor: [ATTACK (R)] Crossbow, hand [CRIT 19] [EFFECTS +2] [CONFIRM] [1d20+7 = 23]
Attack [23] -> [at Enraged Giant Owlbear] [CRITICAL HIT]
Belthazor: [DAMAGE (R)] Crossbow, hand [CRITICAL] [TYPE: piercing (1d4=1)] [TYPE: piercing,critical (1d4=4)] [1d4+1g4 = 5]
Damage [5] -> [to Enraged Giant Owlbear]
Enraged Giant Owlbear: [SAVE] Fortitude [EFFECTS +1] [1d20+16 = 25][SUCCESS]

Belthazor fired a toxic bolt and very nearly hit the owlbear in the eye.

[TURN] Slurk

[TURN] Garuum


Garuum: [ATTACK (M)] Morningstar [1d20+10 = 14]
Attack [14] -> [at Enraged Giant Owlbear] [DEF EFFECTS -2] [MISS]

Garuum raced past on Ubagub and swung his morningstar at the creature before riding past and turning around for another pass.  He missed.

[ROUND 5]

[TURN] Barbarian 2 - [Rage; STR: 2 morale; CON: 2 morale; SAVE: 1 will,morale; AC: -2]


Barbarian 2: [ATTACK (M)] Melee longsword [CRIT 19] [EFFECTS +1] [+2] [1d20+7 = 25]
Attack [25] -> [at Koh] [HIT]
Barbarian 2: [DAMAGE (M)] Melee longsword precise [EFFECTS +2] [TYPE: slashing (1d8+4=11)] [TYPE: precision (2d6+1=5)] [2d6+1d8+5 = 16]
Damage [16] -> [to Koh] [STATUS: Last Legs :)]

Koh was pressed and yet another blow landed that almost knocked her senseless.  She was fighting on with sheer will and knew if she didn't end this fast she would die.

[TURN] Koh

Koh: [ATTACK (M)] +1 Falcata (Main) [CRIT 19] [+1] [1d20+10 = 21]
Attack [21] -> [at Barbarian 2] [DEF EFFECTS -2] [HIT]
Koh: [DAMAGE (M)] +1 Falcata (Main) [TYPE: slashing, magic (1d8+6=9)] [1d8+6 = 9]
Damage [9] -> [to Barbarian 2] [STATUS: Wounded]
Koh: [ATTACK (M)] Cold Iron Falcata (Off) [CRIT 19] [1d20+9 = 22]
Attack [22] -> [at Barbarian 2] [DEF EFFECTS -2] [HIT]
Koh: [DAMAGE (M)] Cold Iron Falcata (Off) [TYPE: slashing, cold iron (1d8+3=5)] [1d8+3 = 5]
Damage [5] -> [to Barbarian 2] [STATUS: Heavy]
Koh: [ATTACK #2 (M)] +1 Falcata (Single) [CRIT 19] [1d20+7 = 22]
Attack [22] -> [at Barbarian 2] [DEF EFFECTS -2] [HIT]
Koh: [DAMAGE (M)] +1 Falcata (Single) [TYPE: slashing, magic (1d8+5=6)] [1d8+5 = 6]
Damage [6] -> [to Barbarian 2] [STATUS: Dying]

Koh swung her blades like a mad woman and with three strikes, caused the barbarian to her right to fall to the ground grabbing at his guts that were spilled out on the forest floor.

[TURN] Lomman Stormchest - [Power Attack (one handed); ATK: -2 melee; CMB: -2 melee; DMG: 4 melee | Grappled]

Lomman Stormchest: [ATTACK (M)] Waraxe, dwarven [EFFECTS -4] [1d20+8 = 26]
Attack [26] -> [at Enraged Giant Owlbear] [DEF EFFECTS -2] [HIT]
Lomman Stormchest: [DAMAGE (M)] Waraxe, dwarven [EFFECTS 1d10+4] [TYPE: slashing (2d10+10=17)] [1d10+1p10+10 = 17]
Damage [17] -> [to Enraged Giant Owlbear]

Lomman swung his axe and smashed the owlbear in the face with a heavy blow that cracked the creature's beak.

[TURN] Walben Wobblekettle - [Bond to the Land 11(Forrest); AC: 2 | Mage Armor; AC: 4]


Walben Wobblekettle: Scorching Ray
Walben Wobblekettle: Scorching Ray
Walben Wobblekettle: [CAST] Scorching Ray [at Enraged Giant Owlbear]
Walben Wobblekettle: [ATTACK (R)] Scorching Ray [TOUCH] [1d20+8 = 12]
Attack [12] -> [at Enraged Giant Owlbear] [DEF EFFECTS -2] [HIT]
Walben Wobblekettle: [DAMAGE] Scorching Ray [TYPE: fire,spell (4d6=8)] [4d6 = 8]
Damage [8] -> [to Enraged Giant Owlbear]
Walben Wobblekettle: [CAST] Scorching Ray [at Enraged Giant Owlbear]
Walben Wobblekettle: [ATTACK (R)] Scorching Ray [TOUCH] [1d20+8 = 19]
Attack [19] -> [at Enraged Giant Owlbear] [DEF EFFECTS -2] [HIT]
Walben Wobblekettle: [DAMAGE] Scorching Ray [TYPE: fire,spell (4d6=17)] [4d6 = 17]
Damage [17] -> [to Enraged Giant Owlbear] [STATUS: Disabled]

Walben loosed two fiery rays at the owlbear that struck it soundly in the chest and burned a great hole in its chest.

[TURN] Enraged Giant Owlbear - [Rage; STR: 2 morale; CON: 2 morale; SAVE: 1 will,morale; AC: -2]

Enraged Giant Owlbear: [DAMAGE (M)] Claws [EFFECTS +1] [TYPE: bludgeoning,slashing (1d8+12=18)] [1d8+12 = 18]
Damage [18] -> [to Lomman Stormchest]
Enraged Giant Owlbear: [DAMAGE (M)] Claws [EFFECTS +1] [TYPE: bludgeoning,slashing (1d8+12=20)] [1d8+12 = 20]
Damage [20] -> [to Lomman Stormchest]
GM:  [1d6 = 4]

The owlbear tried to tear Lomman in half and then fell to the ground, collapsing in a heap as Lomman fell to the ground with a heavy thud, barely conscious.

[TURN] Perlivash

Perlivash: Sleep
Perlivash: [CAST] Sleep [at Barbarian 3]
Barbarian 3: [SAVE] Will [EFFECTS +1] [1d20+1 = 3]
Save [3][vs. DC 14] -> [for Barbarian 3] [vs Perlivash] [FAILURE]

Perlivash caused a twinkling mote of lights to filter down on the barbarian, who slumped to the forest floor in a heavy slumber.  Koh, barely standing, said to the air, "Go away Perlivash, you don't want to see this..."

[1840 XP] -> Belthazor
[1840 XP] -> Calex Shadowbourne
[1840 XP] -> Lomman Stormchest
[1840 XP] -> Koh
[1840 XP] -> Walben Wobblekettle
Awarded XP to the Party (9200): Enraged Giant Owlbear (CR8) 4800, Eirikk (CR4) 1200, Tiger Lord Stalkers (CR1x3) 1200, Giant Spider (CR1x6) 2400

This message was last edited by the GM at 04:54, Sun 11 Nov 2018.

DM
 GM, 464 posts
Tue 20 Nov 2018
at 21:41
07: The Birth of a Nation
In reply to DM (msg # 48):

Fiftieth Session, Played on Fantasy Grounds, November 14th 2018

The date is Oathday, 19th Lamashan, 4711 Age of Lost Omens

The group collected the dead barbarian's possessions and retreated back to the abandoned keep to rest for the night.  Walben was able to provide a small amount of healing to the greatly wounded Koh and Lomman.  They rested for the night and saw no threats in the forest, just some shocker lizards at play in the foliage beyond the walls.

GM: Party taking overnight rest.
The date is Fireday, 20th Lamashan, 4711 Age of Lost Omens


The next day Garuum departed telling the group that he would be soon be settling in for a cold sleep and would see them in the spring, perhaps even visting their kingdom.  The group spent most of the day at rest, while Walben healed up Koh and Lomman with the wand and his limited powers.  Both warriors rested completely, while the others puttered around and sorted through this barbarian's belongings and considered their next battle.  It would be delayed by several days while the two regained their strength.

GM: Party taking overnight rest.
The date is Starday, 21st Lamashan, 4711 Age of Lost Omens


With Lomman and Koh on the mend, they continued to rest while the others did menial tasks around the keep to stay busy.

GM: Party taking overnight rest.
The date is Sunday, 22nd Lamashan, 4711 Age of Lost Omens


By mid-morning, convinced that they were at full strength, the group sat around and constructed a plan to deal with whatever came through the summons of the green sunburst stone.

Effect ['Invisible'] -> [to Fulvid]
Effect ['Invisible'] -> [to Tartuk]
Tartuk: [CAST] False Life [at Tartuk]
Tartuk: [CAST] Protection from Energy [at Tartuk]
Effect ['Protection from Energy, electricity (total 12/CL); IMMUNE: electricity'] -> [to Tartuk]
Tartuk: [CAST] Barkskin [at Tartuk]
Effect ['Barkskin (CL 9); AC: 4 natural'] -> [to Tartuk]
Tartuk: [CAST] Resist Energy [at Tartuk]

Effect ['DEX: 4'] -> [to Calex Shadowbourne]
Calex Shadowbourne: Cat's Grace

Walben Wobblekettle: [CAST] Mage Armor
Walben Wobblekettle: [CAST] Mage Armor

Effect ['Mirror Image; 1d4'] -> [to Calex Shadowbourne]
Calex Shadowbourne: Mirror Image
Effect ['Bond to the Land (Forrest); AC: 2'] -> [to Walben Wobblekettle]
Effect ['Shield; AC: 4 shield'] -> [to Calex Shadowbourne]
Walben Wobblekettle: [CAST] Longstrider [at Taboo]

Walben Wobblekettle: [CAST] Recharge Innate Magic
Walben Wobblekettle: [CAST] Protection from Evil [at Taboo]
Walben Wobblekettle: Protection from Evil
Walben Wobblekettle: Protection from Evil

When they were prepared, the group set themselves up, and Perlivash placed the stone in the indentation from a distance using his magic.  The creature that began to coalesce was a humanoid-shaped mass of plant-life topped with the skull of an ancient elk or deer-like creature.



Koh: [INIT] [1d20+3 = 14]
Lomman Stormchest: [INIT] [1d20+1 = 10]
Walben Wobblekettle: [INIT] [1d20+10 = 23]
Taboo: [INIT] [1d20+3 = 14]
Belthazor: [INIT] [1d20+2 = 3]
Calex Shadowbourne: [INIT] [EFFECTS +2] [1d20+9 = 19]
Perlivash: [INIT] [1d20+3 = 18]

[ROUND 1]

As Perlivash placed the stone into the groove, Calex warded himself with a shielding spell, in addition to his other defenses.  Walben finished casting the last of his spells.  The rest waited.

[ROUND 2]

As the creature began to take shape, Calex used his powers to slow down time while Walben called out to the creature as it materialized, in the tongue of the forest.

Walben Wobblekettle [Sylvan]: [Translation] "Why are you here?"
[understood by: Walben Wobblekettle, Perlivash and the Green Warden]

The thing, as Walben had no idea if it was some manner of forest spirit, undead, plant creature or construct, moved it's huge animal skull and appeared to be looking in his direction.  When the shimmer of light from the summons faded, the creature stood almost 12 feet tall.  It made no noise, but its focus was clearly on Walben.

[ROUND 3]

[TURN] Walben Wobblekettle - [Bond to the Land 11(Forrest); AC: 2 | Mage Armor; AC: 4 | Protection from Evil (should only apply against evil creatures); AC: 2 deflection; SAVE: 2 resistance | Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex; [D: 6]]

Walben Wobblekettle: Fireball
Walben Wobblekettle: [CAST] Fireball [at Peremalfait]
Peremalfait: [SAVE] Reflex [1d20+6 = 11]
Save [11][vs. DC 19] -> [for Peremalfait] [vs Walben Wobblekettle] [FAILURE]
Walben Wobblekettle: [DAMAGE] Fireball [TYPE: fire,spell (7d6=17)] [7d6 = 17]
Damage [7] -> [to Peremalfait] [PARTIALLY RESISTED] [STATUS: Wounded]

Walben ducked back behind Calex and unleashed a carefully planned fireball that encompassed the entirety of the lower portion of the central tower . His companions could feel the heat from the blast as the air was sucked out of the chamber for an instant.  When the flash subsided, the creature appeared mostly unharmed.

[TURN] Calex Shadowbourne - [DEX: 4 | Mirror Image; 1d4; [D: 56] | Shield; AC: 4 shield; [D: 8] | Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex; [D: 5]]

Calex Shadowbourne: [SKILL] Knowledge (Arcana) [1d20+15 = 23]
Peremalfait: [SAVE] Fortitude [1d20+10 = 20]
Save [20][vs. DC 16] -> [for Peremalfait] [vs Calex Shadowbourne] [SUCCESS]

Calex tried to use a spell to reduce the size of the creature, but to no avail.

[TURN] Perlivash - [Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex; [D: 5]]

Perlivash: [CAST] Grease [at Peremalfait]
Peremalfait: [SAVE] Reflex [1d20+6 = 20]
Save [20][vs. DC 14] -> [for Peremalfait] [vs Perlivash] [SUCCESS]

Perlivash greased the floor of the central chamber but the creature seemed more base than actual legs.

[TURN] Fulvid
[TURN] Tartuk - [Protection from Energy, electricity (total 12/CL); IMMUNE: electricity | Barkskin (CL 9); AC: 4 natural | RESIST: fire 10]


Tartuk watched from the distance.  This was the moment he had been waiting for.  The summoned creature would weaken this group of savages and then he would finish them off.  He began to move closer, high above the trees for a good view of the battle.

[TURN] Koh - [Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex; [D: 5]]

Effect ['Death from Above; ATK: 5; AC: -2'] -> [to Koh]
Koh: [ATTACK (M)] +1 Falcata (Single) [CRIT 19] [EFFECTS +5] [1d20+17 = 33]
Attack [33] -> [at Peremalfait] [HIT]
Koh: [DAMAGE (M)] +1 Falcata (Single) [TYPE: slashing, magic (1d8+5=8)] [1d8+5 = 8]
Damage [8] -> [to Peremalfait]

Koh, hovering near the ceiling, went into a dive and struck the unsuspecting mass of sticks and plant-life before it even sensed she was there.  She pulled up, hovering at head height to the creature after delivering her strike.

[TURN] Taboo - [Protection from Evil (should only apply against evil creatures); AC: 2 deflection; SAVE: 2 resistance | Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex; [D: 5]]

Taboo: [ATTACK (M)] bite [MOD:DEX] [1d20+11 = 15]
Attack [15] -> [at Peremalfait] [MISS]
Taboo: [ATTACK #2 (M)] claw [MOD:DEX] [FULL] [1d20+5 = 11]
Attack [11] -> [at Peremalfait] [MISS]
Taboo: [ATTACK (M)] claw [MOD:DEX] [FULL] [1d20+10 = 20]
Attack [20] -> [at Peremalfait] [MISS]

Taboo moved in for the attack, but could not bring any damage to the strange entity.

[TURN] Peremalfait

Peremalfait: [CONCENTRATION] [MOD:CHA] (Spell Class +4) [1d20+15 = 33][SUCCESS]

Walben Wobblekettle: [SKILL] Spellcraft [1d20+9 = 21]
Calex Shadowbourne: [SKILL] Spellcraft [1d20+15 = 34]
Walben Wobblekettle: [SKILL] Knowledge (nature) [1d20+10 = 26]

The creature raised it's branch-like arms to the air and the whole keep filled with a humming vibration.  The creature vibrated too and the leaves and loam on its body shook as the skull-like head looked to the heavens and then the keep shook as a sound erupted like a fierce wind, but no such wind could be felt.  Calex understood that the creature was using some manner of natural magic, but had no idea what.  Whatever it was, it was extremely powerful and condensed.

Calex Shadowbourne: [SKILL] Perception [1d20+7 = 12]
Walben Wobblekettle: [SKILL] Perception [1d20+12 = 27]

Walben looked back over his shoulder as the leaves on one of the two trees that they left standing in the courtyard began to move as if the unfelt wind was rushing through them, and then a branch moved, like on a hinge.

[TURN] Lomman Stormchest - [Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex; [D: 5]]

Peremalfait: [ATTACK (M)] Slam [1d20+13 = 18]
Attack [18] -> [at Lomman Stormchest] [DEF EFFECTS +1] [MISS]

Lomman levitated up and pushed off the wall and the creature struck out with a wooden limb, but he raised his shield and moved in past the creature's defenses.

Lomman Stormchest: [ATTACK (M)] Warhammer [EFFECTS -2] [1d20+8 = 17]
Lomman Stormchest: [ATTACK (M)] Warhammer [EFFECTS -2] [17]
Attack [17] -> [at Peremalfait] [MISS]

Swinging his might warhammer at the skull of the creature, ringing off of it as if he had struck something of the strongest metal, not an ancient bone skull.

[TURN] Belthazor - [Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex; [D: 5]]

Effect ['Sneak Attack; DMG: 2d6'] -> [to Belthazor]
Belthazor: [ATTACK (R)] Crossbow, hand [CRIT 19] +2 [1d20+5 = 26]
Attack [26] -> [at Peremalfait] [HIT]
Belthazor: [DAMAGE (R)] Crossbow, hand [EFFECTS 2d6] [TYPE: piercing (2d6+1d4=10)] [1d4+2p6 = 10]
Damage [0] -> [to Peremalfait] [RESISTED]

Beltahazor took careful aim at the creature from his hiding place atop the stairs and the bolt struck the perfect spot, just below the base of the skull.  The bolt vanished into the back of the creature as if it became another part of it.  Beltahzor knew he had little for this.

[TURN] Animated Tree (Huge)

The tree left in the courtyard lumbered to life and took a moment to gain its bearings.

[ROUND 4]

[TURN] Walben Wobblekettle - [Bond to the Land 11(Forrest); AC: 2 | Mage Armor; AC: 4 | Protection from Evil (should only apply against evil creatures); AC: 2 deflection; SAVE: 2 resistance | Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex; [D: 5]]

Walben Wobblekettle: [CAST] Scorching Ray [at Peremalfait]
Walben Wobblekettle: [ATTACK (R)] Scorching Ray [TOUCH] [1d20+8 = 21]
Attack [21] -> [at Peremalfait] [HIT]
Walben Wobblekettle: [CAST] Scorching Ray [at Peremalfait]
Walben Wobblekettle: [ATTACK (R)] Scorching Ray [TOUCH] [1d20+8 = 25]
Attack [25] -> [at Peremalfait] [HIT]
Walben Wobblekettle: [DAMAGE] Scorching Ray [TYPE: fire,spell (4d6=10)] [4d6 = 10]
Damage [0] -> [to Peremalfait] [RESISTED]
Walben Wobblekettle: [DAMAGE] Scorching Ray [TYPE: fire,spell (4d6=13)] [4d6 = 13]
Damage [3] -> [to Peremalfait] [PARTIALLY RESISTED]

Walben fired two rays of green fire at the summoned guardian, which did even less than the ball of fire to the guardian of the stone.  He then took flight yelling, "Calex, watch out behind you.  That tree is alive!"

[TURN] Calex Shadowbourne - [DEX: 4 | Mirror Image; 1d4; [D: 55] | Shield; AC: 4 shield; [D: 7] | Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex; [D: 4] | Arcane Pool; DMG: 2; ATK: 2; DMGTYPE: magic; [D: 9] | Flaming Burst; DMGTYPE: fire; DMG: 1d6; [D: 9]]

Calex Shadowbourne: Icy Burst(Su) [2 PP]
Perlivash: [EFFECT] Icy Burst; DMGTYPE: cold; DMG: 1d6 [UNITS MIN] [1]
Effect ['Icy Burst; DMGTYPE: cold; DMG: 1d6'] -> [to Calex Shadowbourne]
Calex Shadowbourne: [SKILL] Acrobatics [EFFECTS +2] [1d20+7 = 26][SUCCESS]
Calex Shadowbourne: [ATTACK (M)] +1 Cold Iron Scimitar (1H) [MOD:DEX] [CRIT 15] [EFFECTS +4] [1d20+15 = 22]
Attack [22] -> [at Peremalfait] [MISS]

Calex could see what Walben was talking about.  He shouted, "Bring down the guardian fast, and that tree should stop moving."  He moved past the guardian's outer defenses and made a swipe with his blade that was knocked aside by a branch-like arm.

[TURN] Perlivash - [Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex; [D: 4]]

Perlivash: Invisibility, Greater
Effect ['Invisible'] -> [to Perlivash]

Perlivash faded from sight and flew to the top of the tower.

[TURN] Fulvid
[TURN] Tartuk - [Protection from Energy, electricity (total 12/CL); IMMUNE: electricity | Barkskin (CL 9); AC: 4 natural | RESIST: fire 10]


Tartuk closed the distance to the outer wall.

[TURN] Koh - [Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex; [D: 4]]

Koh: [ATTACK (M)] +1 Falcata (Main) [CRIT 19] [1d20+9 = 22]
Attack [22] -> [at Peremalfait] [MISS]
Koh: [ATTACK (M)] Cold Iron Falcata (Off) [CRIT 19] [1d20+9 = 22]
Attack [22] -> [at Peremalfait] [MISS]
Koh: [ATTACK #2 (M)] +1 Falcata (Single) [CRIT 19] [1d20+7 = 10]
Attack [10] -> [at Peremalfait] [MISS]
Koh: [ATTACK (M)] +1 Falcata (Single) [CRIT 19] [1d20+12 = 31]
Attack [31] -> [at Peremalfait] [CRITICAL THREAT]
Koh: [ATTACK (M)] +1 Falcata (Single) [CRIT 19] [CONFIRM] [1d20+12 = 18]
Attack [18] -> [at Peremalfait] [CRIT NOT CONFIRMED]
Koh: [DAMAGE (M)] +1 Falcata (Single) [TYPE: slashing, magic (1d8+5=9)] [1d8+5 = 9]
Damage [9] -> [to Peremalfait]

Koh managed to land another blow on the creature and found that her blade hacked into the wood with ease.

[TURN] Taboo - [Protection from Evil (should only apply against evil creatures); AC: 2 deflection; SAVE: 2 resistance | Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex; [D: 4]]

Taboo: [ATTACK (M)] bite [MOD:DEX] [1d20+11 = 14]
Attack [14] -> [at Peremalfait] [MISS]
Taboo: [ATTACK #2 (M)] claw [MOD:DEX] [FULL] [1d20+5 = 9]
Attack [9] -> [at Peremalfait] [MISS]
Taboo: [ATTACK (M)] claw [MOD:DEX] [FULL] [1d20+10 = 11]
Attack [11] -> [at Peremalfait] [AUTOMATIC MISS]
Taboo: [ATTACK (M)] bite [MOD:DEX] [EFFECTS -4] [1d20+7 = 19]
Attack [19] -> [at Peremalfait] [DEF EFFECTS -2] [MISS]

Taboo attacked fiercely but could not damage the tree-creature.

[TURN] Peremalfait

Peremalfait: [ATTACK #2 (M)] Slams [FULL] [1d20+13 = 20]
Attack [20] -> [at Taboo] [DEF EFFECTS +1] [MISS]
Peremalfait: [ATTACK (M)] Slams [FULL] [1d20+13 = 23]
Attack [23] -> [at Taboo] [DEF EFFECTS +1] [HIT]
Peremalfait: [DAMAGE (M)] Slams [TYPE: bludgeoning (2d6+7=13)] [2d6+7 = 13]
Damage [13] -> [to Taboo] [STATUS: Wounded]
GM: +14 [1d20+14 = 32][HIT]
Effect ['Grappled'] -> [to Peremalfait]
Effect ['Grappled'] -> [to Taboo] [by Peremalfait]

The creature reached out and grabbed Taboo by the neck.

[TURN] Lomman Stormchest - [Power Attack (one handed); ATK: -2 melee; CMB: -2 melee; DMG: 4 melee | Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex; [D: 4]]

Lomman Stormchest: [ATTACK (M)] Warhammer [EFFECTS -2] [1d20+8 = 9]
Attack [9] -> [at Peremalfait] [DEF EFFECTS -2] [AUTOMATIC MISS]
Lomman Stormchest: [ATTACK (M)] Warhammer [EFFECTS -2] [1d20+8 = 24]
Attack [24] -> [at Peremalfait] [DEF EFFECTS -2] [HIT]
Lomman Stormchest: [ATTACK #2 (M)] Warhammer [EFFECTS -2] [1d20+3 = 8]
Attack [8] -> [at Peremalfait] [DEF EFFECTS -2] [MISS]
Lomman Stormchest: [DAMAGE (M)] Warhammer [EFFECTS +4] [TYPE: bludgeoning (1d8+7=10)] [1d8+7 = 10]
Damage [0] -> [to Peremalfait] [RESISTED]

Lomman pounded away with his warhammer, but the skull resisted denting as if it were made of adamantine.

[TURN] Belthazor - [Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex; [D: 4] | Flanking; ATK: 2]

Belthazor stowed his crossbow and removed the jewelled blade from its scabbard as he descended the stairs.

[TURN] Animated Tree (Huge)

The tree moved after Walben but he was too fast in flight for it to even get very far.

[ROUND 5]

[TURN] Walben Wobblekettle - [Bond to the Land 11(Forrest); AC: 2 | Mage Armor; AC: 4 | Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex; [D: 4]]

Walben Wobblekettle: Scorching Ray
Walben Wobblekettle: [CAST] Scorching Ray [at Peremalfait]
Walben Wobblekettle: [ATTACK (R)] Scorching Ray [TOUCH] [1d20+8 = 27]
Attack [27] -> [at Peremalfait] [DEF EFFECTS -2] [HIT]
Walben Wobblekettle: [CAST] Scorching Ray [at Peremalfait]
Walben Wobblekettle: [ATTACK (R)] Scorching Ray [TOUCH] [1d20+8 = 27]
Attack [27] -> [at Peremalfait] [DEF EFFECTS -2] [HIT]
Walben Wobblekettle: [DAMAGE] Scorching Ray [TYPE: fire,spell (4d6=11)] [4d6 = 11]
Damage [1] -> [to Peremalfait] [PARTIALLY RESISTED]
Walben Wobblekettle: [DAMAGE] Scorching Ray [TYPE: fire,spell (4d6=14)] [4d6 = 14]
Damage [4] -> [to Peremalfait] [PARTIALLY RESISTED]

Walben flew around the other side of the tower and loosed another pair of greenfire rays at it, with the same result.  Some burning plant matter, but not much.

[TURN] Calex Shadowbourne - [DEX: 4 | Mirror Image; 1d4; [D: 54] | Shield; AC: 4 shield; [D: 6] | Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex; [D: 3] | Arcane Pool; DMG: 2; ATK: 2; DMGTYPE: magic; [D: 8] | Icy Burst; DMGTYPE: cold; DMG: 1d6; [D: 9]]

Calex Shadowbourne: Arcane Accuracy (Sw) [1 PP]
Effect ['Arcane Accuracy; ATK: 5'] -> [to Calex Shadowbourne]
Calex Shadowbourne: [ATTACK (M)] +1 Cold Iron Scimitar (1H) [MOD:DEX] [CRIT 15] [EFFECTS +9] [1d20+20 = 24]
Attack [24] -> [at Peremalfait] [DEF EFFECTS -2] [HIT]
Calex Shadowbourne: [DAMAGE (M)] +1 Cold Iron Scimitar (1H) [EFFECTS 1d6+4] [TYPE: magic, cold iron, slashing,cold (2d6+10=19)] [1d6+1p6+10 = 19]
Damage [19] -> [to Peremalfait]
GM: [DAMAGE] Corrosive Touch [TYPE: acid,spell (17)] [17]
Damage [17] -> [to Peremalfait] [STATUS: Heavy]
Calex Shadowbourne: [ATTACK (M)] +1 Cold Iron Scimitar (1H) [MOD:DEX] [CRIT 15] [EFFECTS +9] [1d20+20 = 28]
Attack [28] -> [at Peremalfait] [DEF EFFECTS -2] [HIT]
Calex Shadowbourne: [DAMAGE (M)] +1 Cold Iron Scimitar (1H) [EFFECTS 1d6+4] [TYPE: magic, cold iron, slashing,cold (2d6+10=21)] [1d6+1p6+10 = 21]
Damage [21] -> [to Peremalfait]

Calex's blade dripped acid as he slashed at the trunk-like body, the acid burning a wide hole where the blade cut in, and then brought the blade back for another damaging swipe.

[TURN] Perlivash - [Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex; [D: 3] | Invisible]

Perlivash: Grease

Perlivash flew into the chamber and down to the top of the stairs where he saw Taboo in the grips of the creature.  A thin sheen of grease coated the cat's fur.

[TURN] Fulvid

[TURN] Koh - [Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex; [D: 3]]

Koh: [ATTACK (M)] +1 Falcata (Main) [CRIT 19] [1d20+9 = 29]
Attack [29] -> [at Peremalfait] [DEF EFFECTS -2] [AUTOMATIC HIT]
Koh: [ATTACK (M)] +1 Falcata (Main) [CRIT 19] [CONFIRM] [1d20+9 = 24]
Attack [24] -> [at Peremalfait] [CRITICAL HIT]
Koh: [DAMAGE (M)] +1 Falcata (Main) [CRITICAL] [TYPE: slashing, magic (1d8+6=12)] [TYPE: slashing, magic,critical (2d8+12=21)] [1d8+2g8+18 = 33]
Damage [33] -> [to Peremalfait] [STATUS: Dying]

Koh brought her blade down between the skull and the body and the creature shuddered as it broke like a splintered log and began to fall apart, crumbling to the floor.

[TURN] Taboo - [Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex;]

Taboo: [ATTACK (M)] bite [MOD:DEX] [1d20+11 = 15]
Attack [15] -> [at Animated Tree (Huge)] [HIT]
Taboo: [ATTACK (M)] bite [MOD:DEX] [1d20+11 = 12]
Attack [12] -> [at Animated Tree (Huge)] [AUTOMATIC MISS]
Taboo: [DAMAGE (M)] bite [TYPE: untyped (1d8+7=15)] [1d8+7 = 15]
Damage [13] -> [to Animated Tree (Huge)] [PARTIALLY RESISTED] [STATUS: Wounded]

Taboo moved over the fallen tree to the still living one and began to bite and claw at it, tearing off a hunk of wood.

[TURN] Tartuk

Tartuk: [CAST] Fireball [at Belthazor]
Tartuk: [CAST] Fireball [at Koh]
Tartuk: [CAST] Fireball [at Walben Wobblekettle]
Tartuk: [CAST] Fireball [at Taboo]
Tartuk: [CAST] Fireball [at Lomman Stormchest]
Tartuk: [CAST] Fireball [at Calex Shadowbourne]

Tartuk: [CL CHECK] Fireball [at Belthazor] [SUCCESS] [1d20+8 = 13]

Walben Wobblekettle: [SAVE] Reflex [EFFECTS +1] [1d20+7 = 22]
Save [22][vs. DC 17] -> [for Walben Wobblekettle] [vs Tartuk] [SUCCESS]
Belthazor: [SAVE] Reflex [EFFECTS +1] [1d20+6 = 11]
Save [11][vs. DC 17] -> [for Belthazor] [vs Tartuk] [FAILURE]
Koh: [SAVE] Reflex [EFFECTS +1] [1d20+6 = 10]
Save [10][vs. DC 17] -> [for Koh] [vs Tartuk] [FAILURE]
Lomman Stormchest: [SAVE] Reflex [EFFECTS +1] [1d20+4 = 13]
Save [13][vs. DC 17] -> [for Lomman Stormchest] [vs Tartuk] [FAILURE]
Taboo: [SAVE] Reflex [EFFECTS +1] [1d20+9 = 14]
Save [14][vs. DC 17] -> [for Taboo] [vs Tartuk] [FAILURE]
Calex Shadowbourne: [SAVE] Reflex [EFFECTS +3] [1d20+10 = 27]
Save [27][vs. DC 17] -> [for Calex Shadowbourne] [vs Tartuk] [SUCCESS]

Tartuk: [DAMAGE] Fireball [TYPE: fire,spell (8d6=30)] [8d6 = 30]
Damage [30] -> [to Lomman Stormchest]
Damage [30] -> [to Koh] [STATUS: Wounded]
Damage [30] -> [to Taboo] [STATUS: Heavy]
Damage [30] -> [to Belthazor] [STATUS: Dying]
Damage [15] -> [to Calex Shadowbourne] [STATUS: Wounded]
Damage [15] -> [to Walben Wobblekettle] [STATUS: Wounded]

A blast of fire erupted in the central chamber of the main tower, engulfing the entirety of the group.  Tartuk cursed as he had another plan in mind, but the falling of the guardian and the opportunity to catch them all in an fireball was one that had to be taken if he was to gain the final stones for his mistress.

Walben Wobblekettle: [SKILL] Perception [1d20+12 = 21]

Walben knew that the blast of fire did not come from the fallen guardian, and he glanced back to the wall of the tower and saw a shape suspended in air as it sitting on something unseen.  The creature was small, about his size or so, and wore a dark green hood.  Whatever it was that was unseen beneath him was moving.

[TURN] Lomman Stormchest - [Power Attack (one handed); ATK: -2 melee; CMB: -2 melee; DMG: 4 melee | Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex; [D: 3]]

Fulvid: [ATTACK (M)] Sting [CA] [EFFECTS +2] [1d20+12 = 14]
Attack [14] -> [at Lomman Stormchest] [MISS]

Lomman burst out of the tower and raced to the wall, beginning to float up.  Something bumped against his armor and then he saw a giant bee below the robed and hooded figure he was trying to close with.

[TURN] Belthazor - [Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex; [D: 3] | Flanking; ATK: 2]

Belthazor: [STABILIZATION] [at -6] [FAILURE] [1d20-6 = 7]
Damage [1] -> [to Belthazor]

[TURN] Animated Tree (Huge)

Animated Tree (Huge): [ATTACK (M)] Slam [1d20+15 = 27]
Attack [27] -> [at Taboo] [DEF EFFECTS +1] [HIT]
Animated Tree (Huge): [DAMAGE (M)] Slam [TYPE: bludgeoning (1d8+10=17)] [1d8+10 = 17]
Damage [17] -> [to Taboo]

The massive tree bashed Taboo with a long limb knocking the great cat back on his heels.

[ROUND 6]

[TURN] Walben Wobblekettle - [Bond to the Land 11(Forrest); AC: 2 | Mage Armor; AC: 4 | Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex; [D: 3]]


Walben Wobblekettle: [CAST] Deep Slumber [at Tartuk]
Tartuk: [SAVE] Will [1d20+11 = 20]
Save [20][vs. DC 19] -> [for Tartuk] [vs Walben Wobblekettle] [SUCCESS]

Walben tried to cause the wizard to go into a slumber, thereby ending the threat, but it did not seem to have an effect on him.

[TURN] Calex Shadowbourne - [DEX: 4 | Mirror Image; 1d4; [D: 53] | Shield; AC: 4 shield; [D: 5] | Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex; [D: 2] | Arcane Pool; DMG: 2; ATK: 2; DMGTYPE: magic; [D: 7] | Icy Burst; DMGTYPE: cold; DMG: 1d6; [D: 8]]

Calex moved, mindful of another powerful fireball, to get into the fray. Using magic, he took flight and closed in on the combatants.

[TURN] Perlivash - [Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex; [D: 2] | Invisible]

Perlivash: [CAST] Grease [at Tartuk]
Tartuk: [SAVE] Reflex [1d20+4 = 17]
Save [17][vs. DC 14] -> [for Tartuk] [vs Perlivash] [SUCCESS]

Perlivash flew out of the tower and targeted the giant bee with a coating of grease, hoping to dislodge the rider.

[TURN] Fulvid

Fulvid: [ATTACK (M)] Sting [1d20+10 = 16]
Attack [16] -> [at Calex Shadowbourne] [DEF EFFECTS +5] [MISS]

The bee turned and tried to sting Calex, but he was too fast and dodged it easily.

[TURN] Koh - [Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex; [D: 2]]

Fulvid: [ATTACK (M)] Bite [1d20+10 = 21]
Attack [21] -> [at Koh] [DEF EFFECTS +1] [HIT]
Fulvid: [DAMAGE (M)] Bite [TYPE: piercing,slashing,bludgeoning (1d6+5=9)] [1d6+5 = 9]
Damage [9] -> [to Koh]

Koh closed the distance with the bee and its rider and was bitten as she got close.

Koh: [ATTACK (R)] attack [1d20+10 = 19]
GM: [ATTACK (R)] attack composite [19]
Attack [19] -> [at Fulvid] [MISS]

Shaking off the damage, she swung her blade at the bee but missed.

[TURN] Taboo - [Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex; [D: 2]]

Taboo: [ATTACK (M)] bite [MOD:DEX] [+1] [1d20+12 = 15]
Attack [15] -> [at Animated Tree (Huge)] [HIT]
Taboo: [ATTACK #2 (M)] claw [MOD:DEX] [FULL] [1d20+5 = 12]
Attack [12] -> [at Animated Tree (Huge)] [MISS]
Taboo: [ATTACK (M)] claw [MOD:DEX] [FULL] [1d20+10 = 18]
Attack [18] -> [at Animated Tree (Huge)] [HIT]
Taboo: [ATTACK (M)] bite [MOD:DEX] [1d20+11 = 23]
Attack [23] -> [at Animated Tree (Huge)] [HIT]
Taboo: [ATTACK (M)] Rake [MOD:DEX] [1d20+10 = 12]
Attack [12] -> [at Animated Tree (Huge)] [MISS]
Taboo: [DAMAGE (M)] bite [TYPE: untyped (1d8+7=13)] [1d8+7 = 13]
Damage [11] -> [to Animated Tree (Huge)] [PARTIALLY RESISTED]
Taboo: [DAMAGE (M)] claw [TYPE: untyped (1d6+7=10)] [1d6+7 = 10]
Damage [8] -> [to Animated Tree (Huge)] [PARTIALLY RESISTED]
Taboo: [DAMAGE (M)] claw [TYPE: untyped (1d6+7=8)] [1d6+7 = 8]
Damage [6] -> [to Animated Tree (Huge)] [PARTIALLY RESISTED]
Taboo: [DAMAGE (M)] bite [TYPE: untyped (1d8+7=14)] [1d8+7 = 14]
Damage [12] -> [to Animated Tree (Huge)] [PARTIALLY RESISTED]

Taboo clung to the tree, raking and clawing as he battled it.

[TURN] Tartuk

Tartuk: [CONCENTRATION] [MOD:CHA] (Spell Class +4) [1d20+13 = 26][SUCCESS]
Tartuk: [CAST] Burning Hands [at Lomman Stormchest]
Tartuk: [CAST] Burning Hands [at Koh]
Tartuk: [CAST] Burning Hands [at Calex Shadowbourne]
Koh: [SAVE] Reflex [EFFECTS +1] [1d20+6 = 17]
Save [17][vs. DC 15] -> [for Koh] [vs Tartuk] [SUCCESS]
Calex Shadowbourne: [SAVE] Reflex [EFFECTS +3] [1d20+10 = 13]
Save [13][vs. DC 15] -> [for Calex Shadowbourne] [vs Tartuk] [FAILURE]
Lomman Stormchest: [SAVE] Reflex [EFFECTS +1] [1d20+4 = 10]
Save [10][vs. DC 15] -> [for Lomman Stormchest] [vs Tartuk] [FAILURE]
Tartuk: [DAMAGE] Burning Hands [TYPE: fire,spell (5d4=17)] [5d4 = 17]
Damage [17] -> [to Lomman Stormchest]
Damage [8] -> [to Koh] [HALF] [STATUS: Heavy]
Damage [17] -> [to Calex Shadowbourne]
Tartuk: [SAVE] Reflex [1d20+4 = 16][SUCCESS]

Tartuk pivoted and stayed on the back of the bee as a gout of flames erupted from his outstretched hands.  The blast knocked his hood back and once the smoke and fire cleared, the combatants could see that it was a purple-hued kobold.

[TURN] Lomman Stormchest - [Power Attack (one handed); ATK: -2 melee; CMB: -2 melee; DMG: 4 melee | Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex; [D: 2]]

Lomman Stormchest: [ATTACK (M)] Waraxe, dwarven [EFFECTS -2] [1d20+10 = 15]
Attack [15] -> [at Fulvid] [MISS]
Lomman Stormchest: [ATTACK (M)] Waraxe, dwarven [EFFECTS -2] [1d20+10 = 24]
Attack [24] -> [at Fulvid] [HIT]
Lomman Stormchest: [ATTACK #2 (M)] Waraxe, dwarven [EFFECTS -2] [1d20+5 = 23]
Attack [23] -> [at Fulvid] [HIT]
Lomman Stormchest: [DAMAGE (M)] Waraxe, dwarven [EFFECTS +4] [TYPE: slashing (1d10+10=20)] [1d10+10 = 20]
Damage [20] -> [to Fulvid] [STATUS: Wounded]
Lomman Stormchest: [DAMAGE (M)] Waraxe, dwarven [EFFECTS +4] [TYPE: slashing (1d10+10=15)] [1d10+10 = 15]
Damage [15] -> [to Fulvid] [STATUS: Heavy]
Fulvid: [SKILL] Fly [1d20+7 = 25]

Lomman lashed out at the bee and struck it twice with heavy blows that wounded it badly.

[TURN] Belthazor - [Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex; [D: 2] | Flanking; ATK: 2]

Belthazor: [STABILIZATION] [at -7] [FAILURE] [1d20-7 = 4]
Damage [1] -> [to Belthazor]

[TURN] Animated Tree (Huge)

Animated Tree (Huge): [ATTACK (M)] Slam [1d20+15 = 18]
Attack [18] -> [at Taboo] [DEF EFFECTS +1] [MISS]

The tree tried to dislodge Taboo but could not shake the clinging cat.

[ROUND 7]

[TURN] Walben Wobblekettle - [Bond to the Land 11(Forrest); AC: 2 | Mage Armor; AC: 4 | Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex; [D: 2]]

Walben Wobblekettle: [CAST] Fireball [at Animated Tree (Huge)]
Animated Tree (Huge): [SAVE] Reflex [1d20 = 2]
Save [2][vs. DC 19] -> [for Animated Tree (Huge)] [vs Walben Wobblekettle] [FAILURE]
Walben Wobblekettle: [DAMAGE] Fireball [TYPE: fire,spell (7d6=32)] [7d6 = 32]
Damage [30] -> [to Animated Tree (Huge)] [PARTIALLY RESISTED] [STATUS: Heavy]

Walben aimed his ball of fire high over the tree, so only the top portion was caught in the blast as the tree began to smoke and burn.

[TURN] Calex Shadowbourne - [DEX: 4 | Mirror Image; 1d4; [D: 52] | Shield; AC: 4 shield; [D: 4] | Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex; [D: 1] | Arcane Pool; DMG: 2; ATK: 2; DMGTYPE: magic; [D: 6] | Icy Burst; DMGTYPE: cold; DMG: 1d6; [D: 7]]

Calex Shadowbourne: Shocking Grasp
Calex Shadowbourne: Arcane Accuracy (Sw) [1 PP]
Effect ['Arcane Accuracy; ATK: 5'] -> [to Calex Shadowbourne]
Calex Shadowbourne: [ATTACK (M)] +1 Cold Iron Scimitar (1H) [MOD:DEX] [CRIT 15] [EFFECTS +9] [1d20+20 = 34]
Attack [34] -> [at Tartuk] [HIT]
Calex Shadowbourne: [DAMAGE (M)] +1 Cold Iron Scimitar (1H) [EFFECTS 1d6+4] [TYPE: magic, cold iron, slashing,cold (2d6+10=14)] [1d6+1p6+10 = 14]
Damage [0] -> [to Tartuk] [ABSORBED]
Calex Shadowbourne: [DAMAGE] Shocking Grasp (Precocious, Lineage) [TYPE: electricity,spell (7d6=22)] [7d6 = 22]
Damage [0] -> [to Tartuk] [FULLY RESISTED] [STATUS: Wounded]
Calex Shadowbourne: [ATTACK (M)] +1 Cold Iron Scimitar (1H) [MOD:DEX] [CRIT 15] [EFFECTS +9] [1d20+20 = 35]
Attack [35] -> [at Tartuk] [CRITICAL THREAT]
Calex Shadowbourne: [ATTACK (M)] +1 Cold Iron Scimitar (1H) [MOD:DEX] [CRIT 15] [EFFECTS +9] [CONFIRM] [1d20+20 = 22]
Attack [22] -> [at Tartuk] [CRITICAL HIT]
Calex Shadowbourne: [DAMAGE (M)] +1 Cold Iron Scimitar (1H) [CRITICAL] [EFFECTS 1d6+6] [TYPE: magic, cold iron, slashing,cold (2d6+10=17)] [TYPE: magic, cold iron, slashing,critical,cold (1d6+10=11)] [1d6+1g6+1p6+20 = 28]
Damage [16] -> [to Tartuk] [PARTIALLY ABSORBED] [STATUS: Wounded]
Calex Shadowbourne: [DAMAGE] Icy Burst(Su) [TYPE: cold (1d10=5)] [1d10 = 5]
Damage [5] -> [to Tartuk]

Calex charged his blade and struck out at the kobold.  The blade seemed to sink into the kobold as the electrical charge merely went around him and the blade struck something that pushed back.  His second strike actually did something and bypassed whatever protections the kobold had in place, for the most part.

[TURN] Perlivash - [Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex; [D: 1] | Invisible]

Perlivash: [ATTACK (R)] Ranged Attack [CA] [EFFECTS +2] [1d20+8 = 18]
Attack [18] -> [at Fulvid] [DEF EFFECTS -4] [MISS]

Pertlivash hurled a tanglefoot bag with a conjured mage hand at the bee, which missed and exploded into a pile of goo atop the portion of the wooden wall they used to fill the gap in the outer breach.

[TURN] Fulvid

Calex Shadowbourne: [ATTACK (M)] +1 Cold Iron Scimitar (1H) [MOD:DEX] [CRIT 15] [EFFECTS +9] [1d20+20 = 27]
Attack [27] -> [at Tartuk] [HIT]
Calex Shadowbourne: [DAMAGE (M)] +1 Cold Iron Scimitar (1H) [EFFECTS 1d6+4] [TYPE: magic, cold iron, slashing,cold (2d6+10=18)] [1d6+1p6+10 = 18]
Damage [18] -> [to Tartuk] [STATUS: Heavy]
Koh: [ATTACK (M)] +1 Falcata (Single) [CRIT 19] [1d20+12 = 30]
Attack [30] -> [at Fulvid] [HIT]
Koh: [DAMAGE (M)] +1 Falcata (Single) [TYPE: slashing, magic (1d8+5=6)] [1d8+5 = 6]
Damage [6] -> [to Fulvid]
Lomman Stormchest: [ATTACK (M)] Waraxe, dwarven [EFFECTS -2] [1d20+10 = 15]
Attack [15] -> [at Fulvid] [MISS]

The bee burst away from the melee and Calex caught Tartuk with his blade as he did, wounding the kobold.  Koh struck the bee while Lomman missed.

[TURN] Koh - [Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex; [D: 1]]

Koh: [ATTACK (M)] +1 Falcata (Single) [CRIT 19] [1d20+12 = 17]
Attack [17] -> [at Fulvid] [MISS]

Koh followed after the bee and was unable to damage it.

[TURN] Taboo - [Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex; [D: 1]]

Taboo: [ATTACK (M)] bite [MOD:DEX] [1d20+11 = 27]
Attack [27] -> [at Animated Tree (Huge)] [HIT]
Taboo: [ATTACK #2 (M)] claw [MOD:DEX] [FULL] [1d20+5 = 7]
Attack [7] -> [at Animated Tree (Huge)] [MISS]
Taboo: [ATTACK (M)] claw [MOD:DEX] [FULL] [1d20+10 = 30]
Attack [30] -> [at Animated Tree (Huge)] [AUTOMATIC HIT]
Taboo: [ATTACK (M)] claw [MOD:DEX] [FULL] [CONFIRM] [1d20+10 = 30]
Attack [30] -> [at Animated Tree (Huge)] [CRITICAL HIT]
Taboo: [ATTACK (M)] bite [MOD:DEX] [1d20+11 = 26]
Attack [26] -> [at Animated Tree (Huge)] [HIT]
Taboo: [ATTACK (M)] Rake [MOD:DEX] [1d20+10 = 18]
Attack [18] -> [at Animated Tree (Huge)] [HIT]
Taboo: [DAMAGE (M)] bite [TYPE: untyped (1d8+7=14)] [1d8+7 = 14]
Damage [12] -> [to Animated Tree (Huge)] [PARTIALLY RESISTED]
Taboo: [DAMAGE (M)] claw [TYPE: untyped (1d6+7=12)] [1d6+7 = 12]
Damage [10] -> [to Animated Tree (Huge)] [PARTIALLY RESISTED]
Taboo: [DAMAGE (M)] claw [TYPE: untyped (1d6+7=12)] [1d6+7 = 12]
Damage [10] -> [to Animated Tree (Huge)] [PARTIALLY RESISTED] [STATUS: Dead]
Taboo: [DAMAGE (M)] Rake [TYPE: untyped (1d6+7=8)] [1d6+7 = 8]
Damage [6] -> [to Animated Tree (Huge)] [PARTIALLY RESISTED]

Taboo, hasted and raking his claws furiously, brought the flaming tree down and began tearing at it, opening deep gouges in the bark as the pair crashed to the ground.

[TURN] Tartuk - [22]

Tartuk: [SAVE] Reflex [1d20+4 = 24][SUCCESS]
Tartuk: [CONCENTRATION] [MOD:INT] (Spell Class +4) [1d20+16 = 36]
Tartuk: [CAST] Fireball [at Lomman Stormchest]
Tartuk: [CAST] Fireball [at Calex Shadowbourne]
Lomman Stormchest: [SAVE] Reflex [EFFECTS +1] [1d20+4 = 13]
Save [13][vs. DC 17] -> [for Lomman Stormchest] [vs Tartuk] [FAILURE]
Calex Shadowbourne: [SAVE] Reflex [EFFECTS +3] [1d20+10 = 24]
Save [24][vs. DC 17] -> [for Calex Shadowbourne] [vs Tartuk] [SUCCESS]
Tartuk: [DAMAGE] Fireball [TYPE: fire,spell (8d6=26)] [8d6 = 26]
Damage [26] -> [to Lomman Stormchest] [STATUS: Heavy]
Damage [13] -> [to Calex Shadowbourne] [HALF] [STATUS: Heavy]

Tartuk, in a less than ideal position, hurled another ball of fire at Calex and Lomman, Lomman bearing the worst of it, but Calex hurting badly as well.

[TURN] Lomman Stormchest - [Power Attack (one handed); ATK: -2 melee; CMB: -2 melee; DMG: 4 melee | Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex; [D: 1]]

Lomman began to move again by dropping down with his magical boots and  running across the yard.

[TURN] Belthazor - [Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex; [D: 1] | Flanking; ATK: 2]

Belthazor: [STABILIZATION] [at -8] [FAILURE] [1d20-8 = -7]
Damage [1] -> [to Belthazor]

[ROUND 8]

[TURN] Walben Wobblekettle - [Bond to the Land 11(Forrest); AC: 2 | Mage Armor; AC: 4 | Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex; [D: 1]]

Walben Wobblekettle: [CAST] Cure Light Wounds [at Belthazor]
Walben Wobblekettle: [HEAL] Cure Light Wounds [1d8+5 = 8]
Heal [8] -> [to Belthazor]

Walben noticed that the dark elf was doing so well and he reached down to heal him.  The dark elf did not rise, but he wasn't dead.

Effect ['Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex'] -> [EXPIRED] [on Walben Wobblekettle]
Effect ['Arcane Accuracy; ATK: 5'] -> [EXPIRED] [on Calex Shadowbourne]
Effect ['Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex'] -> [EXPIRED] [on Calex Shadowbourne]
Effect ['Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex'] -> [EXPIRED] [on Perlivash]
Effect ['Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex'] -> [EXPIRED] [on Koh]
Effect ['Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex'] -> [EXPIRED] [on Taboo]
Effect ['Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex'] -> [EXPIRED] [on Lomman Stormchest]
Effect ['Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex'] -> [EXPIRED] [on Belthazor]

[TURN] Calex Shadowbourne - [DEX: 4 | Mirror Image; 1d4; [D: 51] | Shield; AC: 4 shield; [D: 3] | Arcane Pool; DMG: 2; ATK: 2; DMGTYPE: magic; [D: 5] | Icy Burst; DMGTYPE: cold; DMG: 1d6; [D: 6] | Flying 60'; [D: 59]]

Effect ['Charge; ATK: 2; AC: -2'] -> [to Calex Shadowbourne]

Calex Shadowbourne: [ATTACK (M)] +1 Cold Iron Scimitar (1H) [MOD:DEX] [CRIT 15] [EFFECTS +6] [1d20+17 = 19]
Attack [19] -> [at Tartuk] [HIT]
Calex Shadowbourne: [DAMAGE (M)] +1 Cold Iron Scimitar (1H) [EFFECTS 1d6+4] [TYPE: magic, cold iron, slashing,cold (2d6+10=14)] [1d6+1p6+10 = 14]
Damage [14] -> [to Tartuk]

Calex could see that this wizard was vulnerable to his blades and he sped across the courtyard to attack, wounding the kobold.

[TURN] Perlivash - [Invisible]

Perlivash: [CAST] Flare [at Tartuk]
Tartuk: [SAVE] Fortitude [1d20+6 = 14]
Save [14][vs. DC 13] -> [for Tartuk] [vs Perlivash] [SUCCESS]

Perlivash tried to distract the kobold wizard.

[TURN] Fulvid

Fulvid: [ATTACK (M)] Sting [1d20+10 = 29]
Attack [29] -> [at Koh] [HIT]
Fulvid: [DAMAGE (M)] Sting [TYPE: piercing (1d4+5=9)] [1d4+5 = 9]
Damage [9] -> [to Koh]
Koh: [SAVE] Fortitude [1d20+7 = 10][FAILURE]
GM:  [1d2 = 2]

Koh, seeing Calex close, lost concentration for an instant and then felt the bee jab it's stinger into it's side.  A deep goo issued from the abdomen of the bee when the stinger dislodged, but Koh could immediately feel the poison coursing through her veins.

[TURN] Koh - [poison; [D: 5]]

Koh: [ATTACK (M)] +1 Falcata (Main) [CRIT 19] [1d20+9 = 23]
Attack [23] -> [at Fulvid] [HIT]
Koh: [DAMAGE (M)] +1 Falcata (Main) [TYPE: slashing, magic (1d8+6=11)] [1d8+6 = 11]
Damage [11] -> [to Fulvid]
Koh: [ATTACK (M)] Cold Iron Falcata (Off) [CRIT 19] [1d20+9 = 23]
Attack [23] -> [at Fulvid] [HIT]
Koh: [DAMAGE (M)] Cold Iron Falcata (Off) [TYPE: slashing, cold iron (1d8+3=10)] [1d8+3 = 10]
Damage [10] -> [to Fulvid]
Koh: [ATTACK #2 (M)] +1 Falcata (Single) [CRIT 19] [1d20+7 = 10]
Attack [10] -> [at Fulvid] [MISS]

Koh lashed out at the bee in a fury nearly brought it out of the sky with her furious strikes.

[TURN] Taboo

Taboo: [SKILL] Climb [1d20+10 = 12]

Taboo raced across the courtyard and began climbing the last standing tree.

[TURN] Tartuk - [22]

Tartuk: [CONCENTRATION] [MOD:INT] (Spell Class +4) [1d20+16 = 31][SUCCESS]
Tartuk: [CAST] Burning Hands [at Koh]
Tartuk: [CAST] Burning Hands [at Calex Shadowbourne]
Tartuk: [CAST] Burning Hands [at Lomman Stormchest]
Calex Shadowbourne: [SAVE] Reflex [EFFECTS +2] [1d20+9 = 24]
Save [24][vs. DC 15] -> [for Calex Shadowbourne] [vs Tartuk] [SUCCESS]
Lomman Stormchest: [SAVE] Reflex [1d20+3 = 9]
Save [9][vs. DC 15] -> [for Lomman Stormchest] [vs Tartuk] [FAILURE]
Koh: [SAVE] Reflex [1d20+5 = 12]
Save [12][vs. DC 15] -> [for Koh] [vs Tartuk] [FAILURE]
Tartuk: [DAMAGE] Burning Hands [TYPE: fire,spell (5d4=15)] [5d4 = 15]
Damage [15] -> [to Koh]
Damage [7] -> [to Calex Shadowbourne] [HALF]
Damage [15] -> [to Lomman Stormchest]

Tartuk again spread out his hands and they erupted in a gout of flames that scorched Calex, Koh and Lomman, the latter two badly burned by the kobold wizard's flame spells.

[TURN] Lomman Stormchest - [Power Attack (one handed); ATK: -2 melee; CMB: -2 melee; DMG: 4 melee]

Lomman Stormchest: [ATTACK (M)] Waraxe, dwarven [EFFECTS -2] [1d20+10 = 16]
Attack [16] -> [at Tartuk] [HIT]
Lomman Stormchest: [DAMAGE (M)] Waraxe, dwarven [EFFECTS 1d10+4] [TYPE: slashing (2d10+10=16)] [1d10+1p10+10 = 16]
Damage [16] -> [to Tartuk] [STATUS: Dying]

Lomman closed in on Tartuk and drove his axe through the kobold's chest, knocking it from the bee.  Tartuk fell almost 40 feet to the courtyard below and landed almost head-first, his neck snapping as the weight of his small body crumbled atop him.

[TURN] Belthazor - [Flanking; ATK: 2]

[ROUND 9]

[TURN] Walben Wobblekettle - [Bond to the Land 11(Forrest); AC: 2 | Mage Armor; AC: 4]


Walben Wobblekettle: [CAST] Scorching Ray [at Fulvid]
Walben Wobblekettle: [ATTACK (R)] Scorching Ray [TOUCH] [1d20+8 = 23]
Attack [23] -> [at Fulvid] [HIT]
Walben Wobblekettle: [DAMAGE] Scorching Ray [TYPE: fire,spell (4d6=17)] [4d6 = 17]
Damage [17] -> [to Fulvid] [STATUS: Dead]
Walben Wobblekettle: [CAST] Scorching Ray [at Fulvid]
Walben Wobblekettle: [ATTACK (R)] Scorching Ray [TOUCH] [1d20+8 = 24]
Attack [24] -> [at Fulvid] [HIT]
Walben Wobblekettle: [DAMAGE] Scorching Ray [TYPE: fire,spell (4d6=18)] [4d6 = 18]
Damage [18] -> [to Fulvid]

Walben ran forward and aimed up at the bee, sending two rays of green fire that sent it crashing to the ground of the courtyard below.

Koh felt the poison beginning to take effect and before she could use an antitoxin, her limbs began to numb.

Koh: [SAVE] Fortitude [1d20+7 = 16][FAILURE]
GM:  [1d2 = 2]

[TURN] Koh

She cursed as she drank down the vial, feeling sluggish and wounded, she could feel that although it hadn't gotten any better, it probably wasn't going to get any worse.  She missed Ayami's healing touch.

Koh: [SAVE] Fortitude +5 [1d20+7 = 24][SUCCESS]

[1280 XP] -> Belthazor
[1280 XP] -> Calex Shadowbourne
[1280 XP] -> Lomman Stormchest
[1280 XP] -> Koh
[1280 XP] -> Walben Wobblekettle
Awarded XP to the Party (6400): Tartuk (CR7) 3200, The Green Warden (CR7) 3200

Current Experience Point Totals: 51,747/51,000/75,000 and Belthazor 10,419/15,000

This message was last edited by the GM at 21:50, Tue 20 Nov 2018.

DM
 GM, 465 posts
Wed 28 Nov 2018
at 05:02
07: The Birth of a Nation
In reply to DM (msg # 49):

Fifty First Session, Played on Fantasy Grounds November 21st 2018

Calex Shadowbourne: [SKILL] Spellcraft [1d20+16 = 19]
Perlivash: [SKILL] Spellcraft [1d20+14 = 18]
[Walben Wobblekettle] -> [PARTY] : Dishevelled Magic Robe
[PARTY] -> [Walben Wobblekettle] : Robe of Vermin Eyes
[PARTY] -> [Perlivash] : Headband of Alluring Charisma +2
[PARTY] -> [Koh] : Sunburst Stone (green)
[PARTY] -> [Koh] : sunburst stone (orange)
[PARTY] -> [Koh] : Sunburst Stone (Yellow)

When the battle ended, the group gathered around and healed their heavily wounded to the best of their abilities.  Walben and Calex could see that Tartuk had several magical items and began investigating.  He had an enchanted headband, an enchanted cold iron sickle and a magical haversack.  Investigating the haversack they found the two sunburst stones, the ones that they had learned he collected from the eastern moutainous region.  Also, they found  a fair amount of gold as well as many personal items.  The haversack seemed unnaturally light and the pockets magically large.  When Walben reached into a side pocket, he could feel what intially felt like dirty rags, but quickly turned into a squirming swarm of insects that crawled out of the pouch and up his arm, quickly covering him.  As he dropped the backpack, the insects rapidly swarmed into his own, and he dropped that too. Confused, he and Calex prepared for the worst when they opened Walben's backpack to investigate.  The old dishevelled robe that Walben took from the bandit with the forest leopard that bore a curse, seemed alive and writhing with insects.  He looked on as the insects settled into the cloth and magically integrated with it.  The cloth of the old robe mended and the cloth had a pattern to it, that of thousands of tiny insect eyes that looked like the pattern of the cloth.  Walben spent some time examining the item while Calex searched the rest of the pack fully.  Koh and the rest of the group found the sunburst stone they came to this abandoned keep for tucked into the skull of the fallen guardian.  They now held all seven.

They spent the night at rest.

GM: Party taking overnight rest.
The date is Moonday, 23rd Lamashan, 4711 Age of Lost Omens


The next day was spent healing and resting, the process much slower without Ayami's powers.  Still, they trusted that their home was in good hands under the care of Ayami, Karros and Madden.

GM: Party taking overnight rest.
The date is Toilday, 24th Lamashan, 4711 Age of Lost Omens


The next several days were spent at rest while they healed their wounds.  They spotted several shocker lizards and thylacines while out hunting for game as their supplies were running short.

GM: Party taking overnight rest.
The date is Wealday, 25th Lamashan, 4711 Age of Lost Omens


GM: Party taking overnight rest.
The date is Oathday, 26th Lamashan, 4711 Age of Lost Omens


With their hurts mended, the group set out north to investigate the story of the dead unicorn, but resolved to explore the areas in between.  The temperatures were beginning to drop considerably and it would not be long before the first real snowfall of the season.

GM: Party taking overnight rest.
The date is Fireday, 27th Lamashan, 4711 Age of Lost Omens


The area north of the abandoned keep revealed no mysteries to the group and convinced it was fully explored, they resolved to move north the next day.

GM: Party taking overnight rest.
The date is Starday, 28th Lamashan, 4711 Age of Lost Omens


Moving north, by late in the day they found the body of the unicorn in a swampy low lyuing area of the forest.  It was as Garuum described.  The only thing they learned was that the unicorn was touched by some manner of powerful fey creature that kept the local necrophages from dining on the corpse.  The horn was taken from the unicorn after its death and its eyes were milky white. No signs of wounds were found and although it was clear that it had been here for some time, there was no decay.

Walben Wobblekettle: [SKILL] Heal [1d20+4 = 24]
Calex Shadowbourne: [SKILL] Knowledge (Arcana) [1d20+16 = 26]
Calex Shadowbourne: [SKILL] Knowledge (Planes) [1d20+16 = 32]
Calex Shadowbourne: [SKILL] Knowledge (Arcana) [1d20+16 = 29]

They built a litter and while they made camp for the night.

GM: Party taking overnight rest.
The date is Sunday, 29th Lamashan, 4711 Age of Lost Omens


The group dragged the body of the fallen unicorn to the north to the Statue of Erastil.  Walben prayed before the statue while the others dug a grave and filled it with the last of the season's wild flowers.  When they filled the grave, they felt the power of Erastil bless them yet again.  Walben could tell that their deeds were viewed by the god himself or one of his powerful vassals and burying this creature in this holy place was a holy act.  By mid day they were back to the south and exploring the area west of the new village of Tatzlford.

GM: Party taking overnight rest.
The date is Moonday, 30th Lamashan, 4711 Age of Lost Omens


They made their way towards the ford in the river and could see the work done on the small settlement.  There was a small fort built of wood and some stone in the center of where the town proper would be.  They could also see a wooden bridge across the river ford as well as a rather large but rustic church dedicate to Erastil.  The rest of the workers and businesses were situated in tents and temporary structures, one of them being a general store of sorts.  They spoke for a while with Loy Rezbin and his wife Latricia.  They also traded some of the goods that they had acquired for a magical vest that a vendor had, and it seemed most useful for Belthazor.

Selling [Gem Bundle] -> [900 gp]
Selling [(3x) Longbow] -> [112 gp]
Selling [Masterwork Cold Iron Sickle] -> [303 gp]
Selling [(2x) Longbow, composite] -> [700 gp]
Selling [Harp, masterwork] -> [50 gp]
Selling [(2x) Handaxe, Masterwork] -> [306 gp]
Selling [(3x) Longsword] -> [22 gp]
Selling [(3x) Shield, heavy wooden] -> [10 gp]
Selling [Gold Necklace] -> [50 gp]
Selling [(3x) Dagger] -> [453 gp]
Selling [(3x) Exotic Perfume] -> [150 gp]
Selling [(3x) Studded Leather] -> [37 gp]
Selling [Bearskin Coverlet] -> [25 gp]
Selling [Royal outfit] -> [100 gp]
Selling [Jade Statuette] -> [37 gp]
29 item(s) sold for [3255 gp]

After acquiring some food, they set off sout back towards the keep where they spent the night.

GM: Party taking overnight rest.
The date is Toilday, 31st Lamashan, 4711 Age of Lost Omens


The next day they ventured south of the abandoned keep, keeping the path of destruction made by the giant owlbear as a guideline.  Later in the day they stumbled across a low hillock  with a wide clearing.  The clearing was riddled with animal bones of all sizes, ranging from tiny animals like squirrels and rabbits, to larger creatures such as elk and even bear.  Walben could tell what the animals were, but not what killed them as it left no sign.

Walben Wobblekettle: [SKILL] Survival [1d20+11 = 28]
Walben Wobblekettle: [SKILL] Knowledge (nature) [1d20+13 = 29]
Lomman Stormchest: [SKILL] Survival [1d20+12 = 15]
Koh: [SKILL] Survival [1d20+9 = 12]

They first spied the large cavern opening in the hill and it was clear that it was probably the den of the creature responsible for the animal bones.  They sifted through the detritus while Lomman wandered into the cave mouth.  Within a few short breaths he heard a deep grow,

Lomman Stormchest: [SKILL] Stealth [1d20-2 = 0]
Belthazor: [SKILL] Stealth [1d20+7 = 10]

Walben Wobblekettle: [INIT] [1d20+10 = 28]
Taboo: [INIT] [1d20+3 = 21]
Belthazor: [INIT] [1d20+3 = 11]
Hodag: [SKILL] Perception [1d20+7 = 11]
Calex Shadowbourne: [INIT] [1d20+8 = 11]
Perlivash: [INIT] [1d20+3 = 4]
Lomman Stormchest: [INIT] [1d20+1 = 17]
Koh: [INIT] [1d20+3 = 20]

[ROUND 1]

Lomman shouted and Walben reacted by firing a ball of fire just over the dwarf's head and into the cavern.

[TURN] Walben Wobblekettle - [Bond to the Land 11(Forrest); AC: 2 | Mage Armor; AC: 4]

Walben Wobblekettle: [CAST] Fireball [at Hodag]
Hodag: [SAVE] Reflex [1d20+8 = 22]
Save [22][vs. DC 19] -> [for Hodag] [vs Walben Wobblekettle] [SUCCESS]
Walben Wobblekettle: [DAMAGE] Fireball [TYPE: fire,spell (8d6=32)] [8d6 = 32]
Damage [16] -> [to Hodag] [HALF] [STATUS: Wounded]

Walben heard the explosion and the yelp and he knew that his ball of fire had gotten its target, despite not knowing what it was.

[TURN] Koh

Koh flew down from her aerial scouting position and into the cavern and up to the ceiling.

[TURN] Lomman Stormchest - [Power Attack (one handed); ATK: -2 melee; CMB: -2 melee; DMG: 4 melee]

Lomman Stormchest: [ATTACK (M)] Waraxe, dwarven [CRIT 19] [EFFECTS -2] [1d20+12 = 16]
GM: [ATTACK (M)] Waraxe, dwarven [CRIT 19] [EFFECTS -2] [16]
Attack [16] -> [at Hodag] [MISS]

Lomman closed with the spiny reptilian monster that was twice or three times his size at least.  He swung his axe but it bounced off the hardened scales of the creature.  It didn't look like the dragons in books, but its features shared some commonality to them.

[TURN] Calex Shadowbourne

Calex closed the distance to the cave and kept himself out of range of the creature.

[TURN] Belthazor

Belthazor moved up stealthily, hoping the distraction of the explosion and sudden attack would leave him unseen.

[TURN] Hodag

Hodag: [ATTACK #2 (M)] Claws [FULL] [1d20+11 = 12]
Attack [12] -> [at Lomman Stormchest] [AUTOMATIC MISS]
Hodag: [ATTACK (M)] Claws [FULL] [1d20+11 = 18]
Attack [18] -> [at Lomman Stormchest] [MISS]
Hodag: [ATTACK (M)] Tail slap [FULL] [1d20+9 = 14]
Attack [14] -> [at Lomman Stormchest] [MISS]
Hodag: [ATTACK (M)] Bite [CRIT 19] [FULL] [1d20+11 = 17]
Attack [17] -> [at Lomman Stormchest] [MISS]
Hodag: [ATTACK (M)] Gore [FULL] [1d20+11 = 27]
Attack [27] -> [at Lomman Stormchest] [HIT]
Hodag: [DAMAGE (M)] Gore [TYPE: piercing (1d8+4=9)] [1d8+4 = 9]
Damage [9] -> [to Lomman Stormchest] [STATUS: Wounded]

The creature snarled, lashed and spun at the dwarf, its powerful head horns penetrating his armor.

[TURN] Perlivash

Perlivash: [CAST] Grease [at Hodag]
Hodag: [SAVE] Reflex [1d20+8 = 24]
Save [24][vs. DC 15] -> [for Hodag] [vs Perlivash] [SUCCESS]

Perlivash flew into view of the creature and slickened the ground beneath it, to no avail.

[ROUND 2]

[TURN] Walben Wobblekettle - [Bond to the Land 11(Forrest); AC: 2 | Mage Armor; AC: 4]

Walben Wobblekettle: Dimension Door

Walben winked out of sight and appeared in the back of the cavern, few having even seen him emerge.

[TURN] Taboo

Taboo: [ATTACK (M)] bite [MOD:DEX] [1d20+11 = 29]
Taboo: [ATTACK (M)] claw [MOD:DEX] [FULL] [1d20+10 = 28]
Taboo: [ATTACK #2 (M)] claw [MOD:DEX] [FULL] [1d20+5 = 7]
GM: [ATTACK (M)] bite [MOD:DEX] [29]
Attack [29] -> [at Hodag] [HIT]
GM: [ATTACK (M)] claw [MOD:DEX] [FULL] [28]
Attack [28] -> [at Hodag] [HIT]
GM: [ATTACK #2 (M)] claw [MOD:DEX] [FULL] [7]
Attack [7] -> [at Hodag] [MISS]
Taboo: [DAMAGE (M)] bite [TYPE: untyped (1d8+7=13)] [1d8+7 = 13]
Taboo: [DAMAGE (M)] claw [TYPE: untyped (1d6+7=13)] [1d6+7 = 13]
GM: [DAMAGE (M)] bite [TYPE: untyped (13)] [13]
Damage [13] -> [to Hodag]
GM: [DAMAGE (M)] claw [TYPE: untyped (13)] [13]
Damage [13] -> [to Hodag]

Taboo met the creature with a feroucious surge and the pair were battling tooth and claw with Lomman ducking in between them.

[TURN] Koh

Hodag: [ATTACK (M)] Bite [CRIT 19] [1d20+11 = 31]
Attack [31] -> [at Koh] [AUTOMATIC HIT]
Hodag: [ATTACK (M)] Bite [CRIT 19] [CONFIRM] [1d20+11 = 12]
Attack [12] -> [at Koh] [CRIT NOT CONFIRMED]
Hodag: [DAMAGE (M)] Bite [TYPE: piercing,slashing,bludgeoning (1d10+4=12)] [1d10+4 = 12]
Damage [12] -> [to Koh] [STATUS: Wounded]
Koh: [ATTACK (M)] +1 Falcata (Single) [CRIT 19] [1d20+14 = 18]
Attack [18] -> [at Hodag] [MISS]

Koh flew closer and felt the teeth of the creature, but she battled ahead and pressed the attack anyway, despite the wound.  Her blade found no purchase in the flesh of the hodag, which is what they now knew they faced.  Calex recalled the stories of the lumberjack named Stas from the taproom at the Traveller's Rest, and something about a magical spear.

[TURN] Lomman Stormchest - [Power Attack (one handed); ATK: -2 melee; CMB: -2 melee; DMG: 4 melee]

Lomman Stormchest: [ATTACK (M)] Waraxe, dwarven [CRIT 19] [EFFECTS -2] [1d20+12 = 31]
Attack [31] -> [at Hodag] [CRITICAL THREAT]
Lomman Stormchest: [ATTACK (M)] Waraxe, dwarven [CRIT 19] [EFFECTS -2] [CONFIRM] [1d20+12 = 22]
Attack [22] -> [at Hodag] [CRITICAL HIT]
Lomman Stormchest: [DAMAGE (M)] Waraxe, dwarven [CRITICAL] [EFFECTS +12] [TYPE: slashing (1d10+11=19)] [TYPE: slashing,critical (2d10+22=28)] [1d10+2g10+33 = 47]
Damage [47] -> [to Hodag] [STATUS: Heavy]
Lomman Stormchest: [ATTACK (M)] Waraxe, dwarven [CRIT 19] [EFFECTS -2] [1d20+12 = 25]
Attack [25] -> [at Hodag] [HIT]
Lomman Stormchest: [DAMAGE (M)] Waraxe, dwarven [EFFECTS +4] [TYPE: slashing (1d10+11=12)] [1d10+11 = 12]
Damage [12] -> [to Hodag] [STATUS: Dying]

Lomman planted his axe in the creature's skull and nearly cleft it in twain, and then came around again cleaving off the lower jaw of the creature as it fell to the ground.

Walben Wobblekettle: [HEAL] Cure Light Wounds [1d8+5 = 6]
Heal [6] -> [to Lomman Stormchest]
Walben Wobblekettle: [HEAL] Cure Light Wounds [1d8+5 = 8]
Heal [8] -> [to Koh]
Walben Wobblekettle: [HEAL] Cure Light Wounds [1d8+5 = 7]
Heal [4] -> [to Koh] [STATUS: Healthy]

The group found some treasures in the cavern and used the place that was avoided by most wildlife as a camp of sorts, Koh trying the flesh of the creature and pronouncing it tasty.

GM: Party taking overnight rest.
The date is Wealday, 1st Neth, 4711 Age of Lost Omens


They spent the next day continuing the search of this area, always mindfull of finding the source of the owlbear, the wide swath of destruction in the forest like a river of sorts. It still continued south by the time they set up camp for the night.

GM: Party taking overnight rest.
The date is Oathday, 2nd Neth, 4711 Age of Lost Omens


Early in the day they found what they were looking for.

A dark, gaping hole yawns in the side of a large, rocky hillock. The earth in front of the cave has been trampled flat, and shattered trees and stumps bear the marks of powerful claws. Tufts of dark fur are snagged in branches, and huge feathers litter the ground.

[700 XP] -> Belthazor
[700 XP] -> Calex Shadowbourne
[700 XP] -> Lomman Stormchest
[700 XP] -> Koh
[700 XP] -> Walben Wobblekettle
Awarded XP to the Party (3500): Hodag (CR5) 1600, Quest Reward (CR5) 1600, Hex Explored (CR1/4x3) 300
Experience Point Total: 52,447/75,000

This message was last edited by the GM at 05:05, Wed 28 Nov 2018.

DM
 GM, 466 posts
Tue 11 Dec 2018
at 18:42
07: The Birth of a Nation
In reply to DM (msg # 50):

Fifty Second Session, Played on Fantasy Grounds November 28th, 2018

UNEDITED CHATLOG

Chat log started at 28.11.2018 / 20:12:15

Advanced Bestiary extension for Fantasy Grounds 3.0+, v1.0.1 Author ddavison
PFRPG ruleset v3.3.6 for Fantasy Grounds Copyright 2015 Smiteworks USA, LLC
3.5E ruleset v3.3.6A for Fantasy Grounds Copyright 2015 Smiteworks USA, LLC
CoreRPG ruleset v3.3.6A for Fantasy Grounds Copyright 2015 Smiteworks USA, LLC
Extension (AdvancedBestiary) loaded.
Customised Item Generator by Faelwen.
PFRPG - Raccourcis Actions (v3.3.3_A) Team CQFG - Suivez notre travail sur : (LINK)
(LINK)
PFRPG - Enhanced Items v4.1 For Fantasy Grounds v3.3+ and the Pathfinder Rulesets By Llisandur, based on the work by Sciencephile and Jwguy
'brett' connected
GM: yay
'Eric' connected
'Lacey' connected
'Druaz' connected
Taboo: [DAMAGE (M)] bite [TYPE: untyped (2d8+7=12)] [2d8+7 = 12]
Taboo: [DAMAGE (M)] claw [TYPE: untyped (1d10+7=9)] [1d10+7 = 9]
Taboo: [INIT] [1d20+3 = 18]
'brett' connection lost. Waiting for reconnect
'brett' reconnected
GM: [EFFECT] Power Attack; ATK: -2 melee; DMG: 4 melee [0]
Taboo: [DAMAGE (M)] bite [TYPE: untyped (2d8+7=17)] [2d8+7 = 17]
GM: [EFFECT] Power Attack; ATK: -2 melee; DMG: 4 melee [0]
Effect ['Power Attack; ATK: -2 melee; DMG: 4 melee'] -> [to Taboo]
Taboo: [DAMAGE (M)] bite [TYPE: untyped (2d8+7=14)] [2d8+7 = 14]
Taboo: [DAMAGE (M)] bite [TYPE: untyped (2d8+7=15)] [2d8+7 = 15]
Taboo: [DAMAGE (M)] bite [EFFECTS +4] [TYPE: untyped (2d8+11=20)] [2d8+11 = 20]
The date is Oathday, 2nd Neth, 4711 Age of Lost Omens
A dark, gaping hole yawns in the side of a large, rocky hillock. The earth in front of the cave has been trampled flat, and shattered trees and stumps bear the marks of powerful claws. Tufts of dark fur are snagged in branches, and huge feathers litter the ground.
A dark, gaping hole yawns in the side of a large, rocky hillock. The earth in front of the cave has been trampled flat, and shattered trees and stumps bear the marks of powerful claws. Tufts of dark fur are snagged in branches, and huge feathers litter the ground.
Taboo: [SAVE] Reflex [1d20+8 = 22]
Lomman Stormchest: [SKILL] Survival [1d20+12 = 24]
Koh: [SKILL] Survival [1d20+9 = 13]
'NickAbbey' connected
A dark, gaping hole yawns in the side of a large, rocky hillock. The earth in front of the cave has been trampled flat, and shattered trees and stumps bear the marks of powerful claws. Tufts of dark fur are snagged in branches, and huge feathers litter the ground.
The cave mouth widens into a large cavern filthy with carrion and offal. A bewildering variety of molds and fungi grow on the floor and walls, some as big as a person, and countless insects scuttle about underfoot, feeding on the mounds of waste. A large tunnel slopes down to the south, with a similar opening to the north.
Belthazor: [SKILL] Perception [1d20+10 = 27]
Walben Wobblekettle: [SKILL] Knowledge (nature) [1d20+13 = 18]
Walben Wobblekettle: [DAMAGE] Fireball [TYPE: fire,spell (8d6=25)] [8d6 = 25]
Walben Wobblekettle: Fireball
Violet Fungus 1: [SAVE] Reflex [1d20 = 6]
Violet Fungus 3: [SAVE] Reflex [1d20 = 1]
GM: [DAMAGE] Fireball [TYPE: fire,spell (25)] [25]
Damage [25] -> [to Violet Fungus 1] [STATUS: Heavy]
GM: [DAMAGE] Fireball [TYPE: fire,spell (25)] [25]
Damage [25] -> [to Violet Fungus 3] [STATUS: Heavy]
Koh: [INIT] [1d20+3 = 6]
Calex Shadowbourne: [INIT] [1d20+8 = 16]
Perlivash: [INIT] [1d20+3 = 13]
Taboo: [INIT] [1d20+4 = 10]
Lomman Stormchest: [INIT] [1d20+1 = 14]
Walben Wobblekettle: [INIT] [1d20+10 = 29]
Belthazor: [INIT] [1d20+3 = 21]
Lomman Stormchest: [SKILL] Knowledge (Dungeoneering) [1d20+11 = 20]
Calex Shadowbourne: [SKILL] Knowledge (Dungeoneering) [1d20+16 = 28]
Walben Wobblekettle: [CAST] Fireball [at Violet Fungus 3]
Walben Wobblekettle: [CAST] Fireball [at Violet Fungus 2]
Walben Wobblekettle: [CAST] Fireball [at Violet Fungus 1]
Violet Fungus 3: [SAVE] Reflex [1d20 = 17]
Save [17][vs. DC 19] -> [for Violet Fungus 3] [vs Walben Wobblekettle] [FAILURE]
Violet Fungus 1: [SAVE] Reflex [1d20 = 19]
Save [19][vs. DC 19] -> [for Violet Fungus 1] [vs Walben Wobblekettle] [SUCCESS]
Violet Fungus 2: [SAVE] Reflex [1d20 = 11]
Save [11][vs. DC 19] -> [for Violet Fungus 2] [vs Walben Wobblekettle] [FAILURE]
Walben Wobblekettle: [DAMAGE] Fireball [TYPE: fire,spell (8d6=20)] [8d6 = 20]
Damage [20] -> [to Violet Fungus 3] [STATUS: Dying]
Damage [20] -> [to Violet Fungus 2] [STATUS: Wounded]
Damage [10] -> [to Violet Fungus 1] [HALF]
Calex Shadowbourne: [DAMAGE] Fireball [TYPE: fire,spell (10)] [10]
Damage [10] -> [to Violet Fungus 1] [STATUS: Dying]
[TURN] Walben Wobblekettle - [Bond to the Land 11(Forrest); AC: 2 | Mage Armor; AC: 4]
Walben Wobblekettle: Fireball
[TURN] Centipede Swarm
[TURN] Belthazor
[TURN] Calex Shadowbourne
Belthazor: [SKILL] Stealth [1d20+7 = 17]
Violet Fungus 1: [SKILL] Perception [1d20 = 3]
Calex Shadowbourne:  [2d4 = 7]
Calex Shadowbourne:  [2d4 = 4]
[TURN] Centipede Swarm
[TURN] Shambling Mound
[TURN] Lomman Stormchest - [Power Attack (one handed); ATK: -2 melee; CMB: -2 melee; DMG: 4 melee]
[TURN] Perlivash
Calex Shadowbourne: Spell Recall - lvl 1 (Sw) [1 PP]
Calex Shadowbourne:  [1d4 = 2]
Calex Shadowbourne:  [1d4 = 1]
[TURN] Violet Fungus 1
[TURN] Taboo - [Power Attack; ATK: -2 melee; CMD: -2 melee; DMG: 4 melee]
Taboo: [ATTACK (M)] bite [EFFECTS -2] [1d20+11 = 14]
Taboo: [ATTACK #2 (M)] claw [MOD:DEX] [FULL] [EFFECTS -2] [1d20+5 = 20]
Taboo: [ATTACK (M)] claw [MOD:DEX] [FULL] [EFFECTS -2] [1d20+10 = 29]
GM: [ATTACK (M)] bite [EFFECTS -2] [14]
Attack [14] -> [at Violet Fungus 2] [MISS]
GM: [ATTACK #2 (M)] claw [MOD:DEX] [FULL] [EFFECTS -2] [20]
Attack [20] -> [at Violet Fungus 2] [HIT]
GM: [ATTACK (M)] claw [MOD:DEX] [FULL] [EFFECTS -2] [29]
Attack [29] -> [at Violet Fungus 2] [HIT]
Taboo: [DAMAGE (M)] claw [EFFECTS +4] [TYPE: untyped (1d10+11=13)] [1d10+11 = 13]
Damage [13] -> [to Violet Fungus 2] [STATUS: Disabled]
Taboo: [DAMAGE (M)] claw [EFFECTS +4] [TYPE: untyped (1d10+11=15)] [1d10+11 = 15]
Damage [15] -> [to Violet Fungus 2] [STATUS: Dying]
[TURN] Koh
Perlivash: Magic Missile
Shambling Mound: [SKILL] Stealth [1d20+8 = 25]
Koh: [SKILL] Perception [1d20+6 = 19]
[ROUND 2]
[TURN] Walben Wobblekettle - [Bond to the Land 11(Forrest); AC: 2 | Mage Armor; AC: 4]
[TURN] Belthazor
Belthazor: [SKILL] Stealth [1d20+7 = 11]
Shambling Mound: [SKILL] Perception [1d20+11 = 15]
Shambling Mound: [ATTACK (M)] Slam [1d20+11 = 22]
Attack [22] -> [at Belthazor] [HIT]
Shambling Mound: [DAMAGE (M)] Slam [TYPE: bludgeoning (2d6+5=11)] [2d6+5 = 11]
Damage [11] -> [to Belthazor] [STATUS: Wounded]
Shambling Mound: [CMB] [1d20+12 = 27]
Combat Man. [27] -> [at Belthazor] [HIT]
Effect ['Grappled'] -> [to Belthazor]
Effect ['Grappled'] -> [to Shambling Mound] [by Belthazor]
[TURN] Calex Shadowbourne
Belthazor: [SKILL] Escape Artist [EFFECTS -2] [1d20+4 = 13]
Calex Shadowbourne: Corrosive Touch
[TURN] Centipede Swarm
Calex Shadowbourne: Icy Burst(Su) [2 PP]
Centipede Swarm: [DAMAGE (M)] Swarm [TYPE: piercing,slashing,bludgeoning (2d6=11)] [2d6 = 11]
Damage [11] -> [to Belthazor] [STATUS: Heavy]
Effect ['Icy Burst; DMGTYPE: cold; DMG: 1d6'] -> [to Calex Shadowbourne]
Belthazor: [SAVE] Fortitude [1d20+1 = 13]
Calex Shadowbourne: Arcane Pool (Sw) [1 PP]
Effect ['Arcane Pool; DMG: 2; ATK: 2; DMGTYPE: magic'] -> [to Calex Shadowbourne]
Belthazor: [SAVE] Will [1d20+3 = 8]
Effect ['Nauseated'] -> [to Belthazor] [by Centipede Swarm]
[TURN] Shambling Mound - [Grappled]
Shambling Mound: [ATTACK (M)] Slams [FULL] [1d20+11 = 20]
Attack [20] -> [at Taboo] [MISS]
Shambling Mound: [ATTACK #2 (M)] Slams [FULL] [1d20+11 = 21]
Attack [21] -> [at Taboo] [MISS]
[TURN] Lomman Stormchest - [Power Attack (one handed); ATK: -2 melee; CMB: -2 melee; DMG: 4 melee]
Lomman Stormchest: [ATTACK (M)] Waraxe, dwarven [CRIT 19] [EFFECTS -2] [1d20+12 = 16]
Calex Shadowbourne: [ATTACK (M)] Waraxe, dwarven [CRIT 19] [EFFECTS -2] [16]
Attack [16] -> [at Shambling Mound] [MISS]
[TURN] Perlivash
Perlivash: [CAST] Flare [at Shambling Mound]
Shambling Mound: [SAVE] Fortitude [1d20+9 = 10]
Save [10][vs. DC 14] -> [for Shambling Mound] [vs Perlivash] [FAILURE]
Effect ['Dazzled'] -> [to Shambling Mound] [by Perlivash]
[TURN] Taboo - [Power Attack; ATK: -2 melee; CMD: -2 melee; DMG: 4 melee]
Taboo: [ATTACK (M)] bite [EFFECTS -2] [1d20+11 = 25]
Attack [25] -> [at Shambling Mound] [HIT]
Taboo: [ATTACK (M)] claw [MOD:DEX] [FULL] [EFFECTS -2] [1d20+10 = 20]
Attack [20] -> [at Shambling Mound] [HIT]
Taboo: [ATTACK #2 (M)] claw [MOD:DEX] [FULL] [EFFECTS -2] [1d20+5 = 22]
Attack [22] -> [at Shambling Mound] [HIT]
Taboo: [ATTACK (M)] Rake [MOD:DEX] [EFFECTS -2] [1d20+10 = 16]
Attack [16] -> [at Shambling Mound] [MISS]
Taboo: [DAMAGE (M)] bite [EFFECTS +4] [TYPE: untyped (2d8+11=17)] [2d8+11 = 17]
Damage [17] -> [to Shambling Mound] [STATUS: Wounded]
Taboo: [DAMAGE (M)] claw [EFFECTS +4] [TYPE: untyped (1d10+11=21)] [1d10+11 = 21]
Damage [21] -> [to Shambling Mound]
Taboo: [DAMAGE (M)] claw [EFFECTS +4] [TYPE: untyped (1d10+11=18)] [1d10+11 = 18]
Damage [18] -> [to Shambling Mound] [STATUS: Heavy]
[TURN] Koh
Koh: [ATTACK (M)] +1 Falcata (Main) [CRIT 19] [1d20+11 = 22]
Attack [22] -> [at Shambling Mound] [HIT]
Koh: [ATTACK (M)] Cold Iron Falcata (Off) [CRIT 19] [1d20+11 = 31]
Attack [31] -> [at Shambling Mound] [AUTOMATIC HIT]
Koh: [ATTACK (M)] Cold Iron Falcata (Off) [CRIT 19] [CONFIRM] [1d20+11 = 27]
Attack [27] -> [at Shambling Mound] [CRITICAL HIT]
Koh: [DAMAGE (M)] Cold Iron Falcata (Off) [CRITICAL] [TYPE: slashing, cold iron (1d8+3=4)] [TYPE: slashing, cold iron,critical (2d8+6=14)] [1d8+2g8+9 = 18]
Damage [18] -> [to Shambling Mound]
Koh: [DAMAGE (M)] +1 Falcata (Main) [TYPE: slashing, magic (1d8+7=15)] [1d8+7 = 15]
Damage [15] -> [to Shambling Mound]
Koh: [ATTACK #2 (M)] +1 Falcata (Single) [CRIT 19] [1d20+9 = 13]
Attack [13] -> [at Shambling Mound] [MISS]
[ROUND 3]
[TURN] Walben Wobblekettle - [Bond to the Land 11(Forrest); AC: 2 | Mage Armor; AC: 4]
[TURN] Belthazor - [Nauseated]
[TURN] Walben Wobblekettle - [Bond to the Land 11(Forrest); AC: 2 | Mage Armor; AC: 4]
Walben Wobblekettle: [CAST] Fly [at Centipede Swarm]
Walben Wobblekettle: [CAST] Fly [at Shambling Mound]
Walben Wobblekettle: [DAMAGE] Fly [TYPE: spell (1d6=3)] [1d6 = 3]
Damage [3] -> [to Centipede Swarm] [STATUS: Wounded]
Damage [3] -> [to Shambling Mound]
Walben Wobblekettle: [CAST] Fireball [at Centipede Swarm]
Walben Wobblekettle: [CAST] Fireball [at Shambling Mound]
Shambling Mound: [SAVE] Reflex [1d20+5 = 21]
Save [21][vs. DC 19] -> [for Shambling Mound] [vs Walben Wobblekettle] [SUCCESS]
Centipede Swarm: [SAVE] Reflex [1d20+7 = 18]
Save [18][vs. DC 19] -> [for Centipede Swarm] [vs Walben Wobblekettle] [FAILURE]
Walben Wobblekettle: [DAMAGE] Fireball [TYPE: fire,spell (8d6=25)] [8d6 = 25]
Damage [25] -> [to Centipede Swarm]
Damage [2] -> [to Shambling Mound] [HALF] [PARTIALLY RESISTED]
Walben Wobblekettle: Fireball
[TURN] Calex Shadowbourne - [Icy Burst; DMGTYPE: cold; DMG: 1d6; [D: 9] | Arcane Pool; DMG: 2; ATK: 2; DMGTYPE: magic; [D: 9]]
Calex Shadowbourne: [SKILL] Acrobatics [1d20+6 = 16]
Calex Shadowbourne: [SKILL] Acrobatics [1d20+6 = 12]
Shambling Mound: [ATTACK (M)] Slam [EFFECTS -1] [1d20+10 = 30]
Attack [30] -> [at Calex Shadowbourne] [AUTOMATIC HIT]
Shambling Mound: [ATTACK (M)] Slam [EFFECTS -1] [CONFIRM] [1d20+10 = 19]
Attack [19] -> [at Calex Shadowbourne] [CRIT NOT CONFIRMED]
Shambling Mound: [DAMAGE (M)] Slam [TYPE: bludgeoning (2d6+5=9)] [2d6+5 = 9]
Damage [9] -> [to Calex Shadowbourne] [STATUS: Wounded]
Calex Shadowbourne: [CONCENTRATION] [MOD:INT] [1d20+13 = 14]
Calex Shadowbourne: Corrosive Touch
Calex Shadowbourne: [ATTACK (M)] +1 Cold Iron Scimitar (1H) [MOD:DEX] [CRIT 15] [EFFECTS +2] [1d20+15 = 19]
Attack [19] -> [at Shambling Mound] [HIT]
Calex Shadowbourne: [DAMAGE (M)] +1 Cold Iron Scimitar (1H) [EFFECTS 1d6+2] [TYPE: magic, cold iron, slashing,cold (2d6+9=15)] [1d6+1p6+9 = 15]
Damage [15] -> [to Shambling Mound] [STATUS: Dying]
Calex Shadowbourne: [DAMAGE] Corrosive Touch [TYPE: acid,spell (5d4=12)] [5d4 = 12]
[TURN] Shambling Mound - [Dazzled]
[TURN] Lomman Stormchest - [Power Attack (one handed); ATK: -2 melee; CMB: -2 melee; DMG: 4 melee | DMG: 1d10]
Rotting leaves and other vegetation fill this small, irregular cavern. Water drips from slimy vines and roots that hang from the ceiling, collecting into puddles on the uneven floor. Three small openings, little more than wide cracks in the stone, lead to the northwest, southeast, and south.
Lomman Stormchest: [SKILL] Knowledge (Dungeoneering) [1d20+11 = 24]
This narrow tunnel is only about five feet high and slopes gently to the south. Water drips from numerous cracks in the ceiling to flow down the passage in small rivulets.
Lomman Stormchest: [SKILL] Knowledge (Dungeoneering) [1d20+11 = 12]
Weakened Floor Trap: [DAMAGE (M)] -deep pit [TYPE: untyped (4d6=15)] [4d6 = 15]
Lomman Stormchest: [SAVE] Reflex [1d20+3 = 16]
GM: [DAMAGE (M)] -deep pit [TYPE: untyped (15)] [15]
Damage [15] -> [to Lomman Stormchest] [STATUS: Wounded]
GM:  [1d6 = 2]
GM:  [1d6 = 3]
The ceiling of this huge cavern arches thirty feet into the air. A murky pool of water stands in the western portion of the cavern in front of a narrow passage, little more than a crack, that opens in the wall. Wider, sloping tunnels lead out of the cave to the north and southeast. A jumble of bones, rocks, fur, and feathers sits piled against the southern wall.
Calex Shadowbourne:  [1d6 = 1]
Calex Shadowbourne:  [1]
Calex Shadowbourne: [SKILL] Knowledge (Dungeoneering) [1d20+16 = 34]
The narrow tunnel widens here into a natural cavern, the dimensions of which are hard to discern for the thick sheets of webbing that fill the place.
GM:  [1d100 = 15]
A buzzing fills this cavern, which arches up to a height of twenty feet. At the southern end of the cavern, a wide ledge runs along the cavern wall at a height of about fifteen feet. Two tunnels exit the cavern to the north, one narrow and one wide. In the eastern portion of the cavern lies the giant carcass of some great beast, surrounded by at least half a dozen humanoid bodies.
Walben Wobblekettle: [HEAL] Cure Light Wounds [1d8+5 = 9]
Heal [9] -> [to Belthazor] [STATUS: Wounded]
Walben Wobblekettle: [HEAL] Cure Light Wounds [1d8+5 = 7]
Heal [7] -> [to Belthazor]
Koh: [INIT] [1d20+3 = 11]
Lomman Stormchest: [INIT] [1d20+1 = 2]
Calex Shadowbourne: [INIT] [1d20+8 = 12]
Perlivash: [INIT] [1d20+3 = 6]
Walben Wobblekettle: Cure Light Wounds
Walben Wobblekettle: Cure Light Wounds
Belthazor: [INIT] [1d20+3 = 8]
Walben Wobblekettle: [CAST] Recharge Innate Magic [at Belthazor]
Walben Wobblekettle: [CL CHECK] Recharge Innate Magic [at Belthazor] [SUCCESS] [1d20+8 = 16]
Walben Wobblekettle: [INIT] [1d20+10 = 14]
Taboo: [INIT] [1d20+4 = 8]
[ROUND 4]
[TURN] Spider, Giant 2
[TURN] Spider, Giant 4
[TURN] Walben Wobblekettle - [Bond to the Land 11(Forrest); AC: 2 | Mage Armor; AC: 4]
Walben Wobblekettle: [CAST] Scorching Ray [at Spider, Giant 2]
Walben Wobblekettle: [CAST] Scorching Ray [at Spider, Giant 4]
Walben Wobblekettle: [ATTACK (R)] Scorching Ray [TOUCH] [1d20+9 = 25]
Attack [25] -> [at Spider, Giant 4] [HIT]
Walben Wobblekettle: [ATTACK (R)] Scorching Ray [TOUCH] [1d20+9 = 12]
Attack [12] -> [at Spider, Giant 2] [MISS]
Walben Wobblekettle: [DAMAGE] Scorching Ray [TYPE: fire,spell (4d6=10)] [4d6 = 10]
Damage [10] -> [to Spider, Giant 4] [STATUS: Wounded]
[TURN] Spider, Giant 3
[TURN] Spider, Giant 5
[TURN] Calex Shadowbourne
[TURN] Koh
Koh: [ATTACK (M)] +1 Falcata (Main) [CRIT 19] [1d20+11 = 20]
Attack [20] -> [at Spider, Giant 3] [HIT]
Koh: [DAMAGE (M)] +1 Falcata (Main) [TYPE: slashing, magic (1d8+7=14)] [1d8+7 = 14]
Damage [14] -> [to Spider, Giant 3] [STATUS: Heavy]
Koh: [ATTACK (M)] Cold Iron Falcata (Off) [CRIT 19] [1d20+11 = 25]
Attack [25] -> [at Spider, Giant 3] [HIT]
Koh: [DAMAGE (M)] Cold Iron Falcata (Off) [TYPE: slashing, cold iron (1d8+3=9)] [1d8+3 = 9]
Damage [9] -> [to Spider, Giant 3]
Koh: [ATTACK #2 (M)] +1 Falcata (Single) [CRIT 19] [1d20+9 = 13]
Attack [13] -> [at Spider, Giant 3] [MISS]
[TURN] Taboo - [Power Attack; ATK: -2 melee; CMD: -2 melee; DMG: 4 melee]
Taboo: [ATTACK (M)] bite [EFFECTS -2] [1d20+11 = 21]
Attack [21] -> [at Spider, Giant 4] [HIT]
Taboo: [ATTACK (M)] claw [MOD:DEX] [FULL] [EFFECTS -2] [1d20+10 = 22]
Attack [22] -> [at Spider, Giant 4] [HIT]
Taboo: [ATTACK #2 (M)] claw [MOD:DEX] [FULL] [EFFECTS -2] [1d20+5 = 25]
Attack [25] -> [at Spider, Giant 4] [AUTOMATIC HIT]
Taboo: [ATTACK #2 (M)] claw [MOD:DEX] [FULL] [EFFECTS -2] [CONFIRM] [1d20+5 = 12]
Attack [12] -> [at Spider, Giant 4] [CRIT NOT CONFIRMED]
Taboo: [DAMAGE (M)] bite [EFFECTS +4] [TYPE: untyped (2d8+11=16)] [2d8+11 = 16]
Damage [16] -> [to Spider, Giant 4] [STATUS: Heavy]
Taboo: [DAMAGE (M)] claw [EFFECTS +4] [TYPE: untyped (1d10+11=18)] [1d10+11 = 18]
Damage [18] -> [to Spider, Giant 4] [STATUS: Dead]
Taboo: [DAMAGE (M)] claw [EFFECTS +4] [TYPE: untyped (1d10+11=12)] [1d10+11 = 12]
Damage [12] -> [to Spider, Giant 4]
[TURN] Belthazor
[TURN] Spider, Giant 6
Spider, Giant 6: [ATTACK (M)] Bite [1d20+2 = 3]
Attack [3] -> [at Taboo] [AUTOMATIC MISS]
[TURN] Spider, Giant 1
Effect ['Fiendish Resistance; RESIST: 5 cold; RESIST: 5 fire; RESIST: 5 electricity'] -> [to Calex Shadowbourne]
[TURN] Perlivash
[TURN] Lomman Stormchest - [Power Attack (one handed); ATK: -2 melee; CMB: -2 melee; DMG: 4 melee | DMG: 1d10]
[ROUND 5]
[TURN] Spider, Giant 2
GM: +5 [1d20+5 = 25]
Taboo: [SAVE] Reflex [1d20+9 = 16]
[TURN] Walben Wobblekettle - [Bond to the Land 11(Forrest); AC: 2 | Mage Armor; AC: 4]
Walben Wobblekettle: [CAST] Fireball [at Spider, Giant 2]
Walben Wobblekettle: [CAST] Fireball [at Spider, Giant 6]
Walben Wobblekettle: [CAST] Fireball [at Spider, Giant 5]
Walben Wobblekettle: [CAST] Fireball [at Spider, Giant 1]
Spider, Giant 2: [SAVE] Reflex [1d20+4 = 12]
Save [12][vs. DC 19] -> [for Spider, Giant 2] [vs Walben Wobblekettle] [FAILURE]
Spider, Giant 1: [SAVE] Reflex [1d20+4 = 24]
Save [24][vs. DC 19] -> [for Spider, Giant 1] [vs Walben Wobblekettle] [SUCCESS]
Spider, Giant 5: [SAVE] Reflex [1d20+4 = 10]
Save [10][vs. DC 19] -> [for Spider, Giant 5] [vs Walben Wobblekettle] [FAILURE]
Spider, Giant 6: [SAVE] Reflex [1d20+4 = 20]
Save [20][vs. DC 19] -> [for Spider, Giant 6] [vs Walben Wobblekettle] [SUCCESS]
Taboo: [SAVE] Reflex [1d20+9 = 18]
Walben Wobblekettle: [DAMAGE] Fireball [TYPE: fire,spell (8d6=24)] [8d6 = 24]
Damage [12] -> [to Spider, Giant 6] [HALF] [STATUS: Wounded]
Damage [24] -> [to Spider, Giant 2] [STATUS: Heavy]
Damage [12] -> [to Spider, Giant 1] [HALF] [STATUS: Wounded]
Damage [24] -> [to Taboo] [STATUS: Wounded]
Damage [24] -> [to Spider, Giant 5] [STATUS: Heavy]
GM: [DAMAGE] Fireball [TYPE: fire,spell (24)] [24]
Damage [24] -> [to Taboo] [STATUS: Heavy]
[TURN] Spider, Giant 3
Spider, Giant 3: [ATTACK (M)] Bite [1d20+2 = 11]
Attack [11] -> [at Koh] [MISS]
[TURN] Spider, Giant 5
GM: +5 [1d20+5 = 25]
Taboo: [SAVE] Reflex [1d20+9 = 11]
Effect ['Entangled'] -> [to Taboo] [by Spider, Giant 5]
[TURN] Calex Shadowbourne - [Fiendish Resistance; RESIST: 5 cold; RESIST: 5 fire; RESIST: 5 electricity]
Calex Shadowbourne: [ATTACK (M)] +1 Cold Iron Scimitar (1H) [MOD:DEX] [CRIT 15] [1d20+13 = 29]
Attack [29] -> [at Spider, Giant 3] [CRITICAL THREAT]
Calex Shadowbourne: [ATTACK (M)] +1 Cold Iron Scimitar (1H) [MOD:DEX] [CRIT 15] [CONFIRM] [1d20+13 = 33]
Attack [33] -> [at Spider, Giant 3] [CRITICAL HIT]
Calex Shadowbourne: [DAMAGE (M)] +1 Cold Iron Scimitar (1H) [CRITICAL] [TYPE: magic, cold iron, slashing (1d6+7=8)] [TYPE: magic, cold iron, slashing,critical (1d6+7=9)] [1d6+1g6+14 = 17]
Damage [17] -> [to Spider, Giant 3] [STATUS: Dying]
Calex Shadowbourne: [DAMAGE] lvl 1 Shocking Grasp (I) (L) [CRITICAL] [TYPE: electricity,spell (9d6=40)] [TYPE: electricity,spell,critical (9d6=40)] [9d6+9g6 = 80]
Damage [80] -> [to Spider, Giant 3] [STATUS: Dead]
[TURN] Koh
Calex Shadowbourne: [ATTACK (M)] +1 Cold Iron Scimitar (1H) [MOD:DEX] [CRIT 15] [29]
Walben Wobblekettle: Fireball
[TURN] Taboo - [Power Attack; ATK: -2 melee; CMD: -2 melee; DMG: 4 melee | Entangled]
Taboo: [ATTACK (M)] bite [EFFECTS -4] [1d20+9 = 24]
Taboo: [ATTACK (M)] claw [MOD:DEX] [FULL] [EFFECTS -6] [1d20+6 = 19]
Taboo: [ATTACK #2 (M)] claw [MOD:DEX] [FULL] [EFFECTS -6] [1d20+1 = 8]
GM: [ATTACK (M)] bite [EFFECTS -4] [24]
Attack [24] -> [at Spider, Giant 6] [HIT]
GM: [ATTACK (M)] claw [MOD:DEX] [FULL] [EFFECTS -6] [19]
Attack [19] -> [at Spider, Giant 6] [HIT]
GM: [ATTACK #2 (M)] claw [MOD:DEX] [FULL] [EFFECTS -6] [8]
Attack [8] -> [at Spider, Giant 6] [MISS]
Taboo: [DAMAGE (M)] bite [EFFECTS +4] [TYPE: untyped (2d8+11=19)] [2d8+11 = 19]
Taboo: [DAMAGE (M)] claw [EFFECTS +4] [TYPE: untyped (1d10+11=19)] [1d10+11 = 19]
GM: [DAMAGE (M)] bite [EFFECTS +4] [TYPE: untyped (19)] [19]
Damage [19] -> [to Spider, Giant 6] [STATUS: Dying]
[TURN] Belthazor
Belthazor: [ATTACK (R)] Crossbow, hand [CRIT 19] [1d20+7 = 25]
Attack [25] -> [at Spider, Giant 2] [HIT]
Belthazor: [DAMAGE (R)] Crossbow, hand [TYPE: piercing (1d4=4)] [1d4 = 4]
Damage [4] -> [to Spider, Giant 2] [STATUS: Dying]
[TURN] Spider, Giant 1
Spider, Giant 1: [ATTACK (M)] Bite [1d20+2 = 16]
Attack [16] -> [at Taboo] [DEF EFFECTS -2] [MISS]
[TURN] Perlivash
A buzzing fills this cavern, which arches up to a height of twenty feet. At the southern end of the cavern, a wide ledge runs along the cavern wall at a height of about fifteen feet. Two tunnels exit the cavern to the north, one narrow and one wide. In the eastern portion of the cavern lies the giant carcass of some great beast, surrounded by at least half a dozen humanoid bodies.
The narrow tunnel widens here into a natural cavern, the dimensions of which are hard to discern for the thick sheets of webbing that fill the place.
[TURN] Lomman Stormchest - [Power Attack (one handed); ATK: -2 melee; CMB: -2 melee; DMG: 4 melee | DMG: 1d10]
[ROUND 6]
[TURN] Walben Wobblekettle - [Bond to the Land 11(Forrest); AC: 2 | Mage Armor; AC: 4]
Lomman Stormchest: [SKILL] Perception [1d20+5 = 10]
Walben Wobblekettle: [CAST] Scorching Ray [at Spider, Giant 1]
Walben Wobblekettle: [ATTACK (R)] Scorching Ray [TOUCH] [1d20+9 = 13]
Attack [13] -> [at Spider, Giant 1] [HIT]
Walben Wobblekettle: [CAST] Scorching Ray [at Spider, Giant 1]
Walben Wobblekettle: [ATTACK (R)] Scorching Ray [TOUCH] [1d20+9 = 16]
Attack [16] -> [at Spider, Giant 1] [HIT]
Walben Wobblekettle: [DAMAGE] Scorching Ray [TYPE: fire,spell (4d6=19)] [4d6 = 19]
Damage [19] -> [to Spider, Giant 1] [STATUS: Dying]
Walben Wobblekettle: [DAMAGE] Scorching Ray [TYPE: fire,spell (4d6=9)] [4d6 = 9]
Damage [9] -> [to Spider, Giant 1] [STATUS: Dead]
Walben Wobblekettle: Scorching Ray
Walben Wobblekettle: Scorching Ray
[TURN] Spider, Giant 5
Spider, Giant 5: [ATTACK (M)] Bite [1d20+2 = 14]
Attack [14] -> [at Taboo] [DEF EFFECTS -2] [MISS]
[TURN] Calex Shadowbourne - [Fiendish Resistance; RESIST: 5 cold; RESIST: 5 fire; RESIST: 5 electricity]
[TURN] Koh
Koh: [ATTACK (M)] +1 Falcata (Main) [CRIT 19] [1d20+11 = 14]
Attack [14] -> [at Spider, Giant 5] [HIT]
Koh: [DAMAGE (M)] +1 Falcata (Main) [TYPE: slashing, magic (1d8+7=9)] [1d8+7 = 9]
Damage [9] -> [to Spider, Giant 5] [STATUS: Dying]
'NickAbbey' disconnected
'Druaz' disconnected

Chat log started at 11.12.2018 / 13:31:03

Advanced Bestiary extension for Fantasy Grounds 3.0+, v1.0.1 Author ddavison
PFRPG ruleset v3.3.6 for Fantasy Grounds Copyright 2015 Smiteworks USA, LLC
3.5E ruleset v3.3.6A for Fantasy Grounds Copyright 2015 Smiteworks USA, LLC
CoreRPG ruleset v3.3.6A for Fantasy Grounds Copyright 2015 Smiteworks USA, LLC
Extension (AdvancedBestiary) loaded.
Customised Item Generator by Faelwen.
PFRPG - Raccourcis Actions (v3.3.3_A) Team CQFG - Suivez notre travail sur : (LINK)
(LINK)
PFRPG - Enhanced Items v4.1 For Fantasy Grounds v3.3+ and the Pathfinder Rulesets By Llisandur, based on the work by Sciencephile and Jwguy
[1440 XP] -> Belthazor
[1440 XP] -> Calex Shadowbourne
[1440 XP] -> Lomman Stormchest
[1440 XP] -> Koh
[1440 XP] -> Walben Wobblekettle
Awarded XP to the Party. (7200)
DM
 GM, 467 posts
Wed 12 Dec 2018
at 15:35
07: The Birth of a Nation
In reply to DM (msg # 51):

November 28th 2018, Session 52: Synopsis

The group approached the cave with caution, both Belthazor and Walben seeing the Shriekers growing along the walls of the passage.  Wanting to not set off any alarms, Walben blasted the cavern with a ball of green fire and killed the two fungal sentries instantly.  He also saw in the flash, movement beyond the tunnel where the passage opened.  It would seem that the middens of the cavern, which is what the large open area was, were the home of some fungal denizens.  They dispatched these with relative ease.

Belthazor, sneaking around the periphery of the battle, was shocked when an arm-like tendril of thick, coarse plant matter reached out and grabbed hold of him with such force that it nearly knocked him unconscious. He looked on in horror at the Shambling Mound grabbing hold of him, and the swarm of centipedes flowing out of it and covering him.

With some difficulty, the mound and the swarm were dispatched with no casualties.  The group then fanned out to explore the three sections that the cavern branched into.

Belthazor watched as Lomman strode confidently into the crevasse that the mound emerged from and dissappeared.  Belthazor went to the left instead and looked into the dark passage that was much wider, and choked with great ropey spider webs.  He loaded his crossbow and  watched for movement in the blackness.

Walben, Calex and Koh rummaged through the larger cavern and explored a set of natural stairs that led to another wide cavern that was central to this cave system.

Lomman made his way through a smaller side tunnel, and made his way along a tight passage when he felt the stone beneath his feet begin to give way.  He plummetted 40 feet and landed with a thud in a patch of green slime.  What would have been a fatal fall for most was merely an inconvenience for Lomman who levitated up and out of the pit shouting, "Douse me in fire!!!"

Calex and Perlivash were closest and obliged by dousing Lomman in alchemist's fire.  When the smoke cleared around the dwarf, things were about to kick off in the main cavern.  All the movement and commotion had stirred a nest of spiders and Belthazor shouted a warning to the rest of the group as he took aim.  Within a few moments, all was clear, with few injuries sustained.

Perlivash took to burning through the spider webs with his blazing sword wand, while Lomman searched a cavern with some bodies.  The bodies were that of a slain owlbear of normal size and several barbarians who they recognized as being from Eirrik's band.  Lomman also noticed a web-choked passage near the ceiling of the cavern.

This message was last edited by the GM at 15:40, Wed 12 Dec 2018.

DM
 GM, 468 posts
Wed 19 Dec 2018
at 03:24
07: The Birth of a Nation
In reply to DM (msg # 52):

UNEDITED CHATLOG, Session 53 December 12th, 2018


Chat log started at 12.12.2018 / 19:12:42

Advanced Bestiary extension for Fantasy Grounds 3.0+, v1.0.1 Author ddavison
PFRPG ruleset v3.3.6 for Fantasy Grounds Copyright 2015 Smiteworks USA, LLC
3.5E ruleset v3.3.6A for Fantasy Grounds Copyright 2015 Smiteworks USA, LLC
CoreRPG ruleset v3.3.6A for Fantasy Grounds Copyright 2015 Smiteworks USA, LLC
Extension (AdvancedBestiary) loaded.
Customised Item Generator by Faelwen.
PFRPG - Raccourcis Actions (v3.3.3_A) Team CQFG - Suivez notre travail sur : (LINK)
(LINK)
PFRPG - Enhanced Items v4.1 For Fantasy Grounds v3.3+ and the Pathfinder Rulesets By Llisandur, based on the work by Sciencephile and Jwguy
'Eric' connected
'Eric' disconnected
'Eric' connected
GM: +1 [1d8+1 = 7]
A buzzing fills this cavern, which arches up to a height of twenty feet. At the southern end of the cavern, a wide ledge runs along the cavern wall at a height of about fifteen feet. Two tunnels exit the cavern to the north, one narrow and one wide. In the eastern portion of the cavern lies the giant carcass of some great beast, surrounded by at least half a dozen humanoid bodies.
Thousands of tiny spiders scurry among the strands of sticky webbing that drape the walls of this small cave, and several large web cocoons hang from the ceiling. An opening leads outside onto a ledge on the southern face of the hill, and two smaller rooms open off the main cave to the east and west. In the rear of the cave, a wide hole drops into the earth.
Lomman Stormchest: [SKILL] Perception [1d20+5 = 7]
Spider, Giant 1: [ATTACK (M)] Bite [1d20+2 = 16]
Attack [16] -> [at Lomman Stormchest] [MISS]
Spider, Giant 4: [ATTACK (M)] Bite [+2] [1d20+4 = 5]
Attack [5] -> [at Lomman Stormchest] [AUTOMATIC MISS]
Lomman Stormchest: [INIT] [1d20+1 = 13]
Spider, Giant 1: [ATTACK (M)] Bite [1d20+2 = 17]
Attack [17] -> [at Lomman Stormchest] [MISS]
[TURN] Spider, Giant 1
[TURN] Spider, Giant 4
[TURN] Spider, Giant 3
Spider, Giant 3: [ATTACK (M)] Bite [1d20+2 = 10]
Attack [10] -> [at Lomman Stormchest] [MISS]
[TURN] Ettercap 1
Ettercap 1: [ATTACK (M)] Bite [1d20+5 = 6]
Attack [6] -> [at Lomman Stormchest] [AUTOMATIC MISS]
[TURN] Lomman Stormchest
Lomman Stormchest: [ATTACK (M)] Waraxe, dwarven [CRIT 19] [1d20+14 = 28]
Attack [28] -> [at Spider, Giant 3] [HIT]
Lomman Stormchest: [DAMAGE (M)] Waraxe, dwarven [TYPE: slashing (1d10+7=14)] [1d10+7 = 14]
Damage [14] -> [to Spider, Giant 3] [STATUS: Heavy]
Lomman Stormchest: [ATTACK (M)] Waraxe, dwarven [CRIT 19] [1d20+14 = 34]
Attack [34] -> [at Spider, Giant 1] [AUTOMATIC HIT]
Lomman Stormchest: [ATTACK (M)] Waraxe, dwarven [CRIT 19] [CONFIRM] [1d20+14 = 24]
Attack [24] -> [at Spider, Giant 1] [CRITICAL HIT]
Lomman Stormchest: [DAMAGE (M)] Waraxe, dwarven [CRITICAL] [TYPE: slashing (1d10+7=15)] [TYPE: slashing,critical (2d10+14=22)] [1d10+2g10+21 = 37]
Damage [37] -> [to Spider, Giant 1] [STATUS: Dying]
Lomman Stormchest: [ATTACK (M)] Waraxe, dwarven [CRIT 19] [1d20+14 = 16]
Attack [16] -> [at Ettercap 1] [HIT]
Lomman Stormchest: [DAMAGE (M)] Waraxe, dwarven [TYPE: slashing (1d10+7=14)] [1d10+7 = 14]
Damage [14] -> [to Ettercap 1] [STATUS: Wounded]
GM: This hideous purple creature walks upright like a man, but its face is that of a spider, and its hands are sickle-shaped claws.
[TURN] Ettercap 2
'NickAbbey' connected
Ettercap 2: [ATTACK (M)] Bite [+2] [1d20+7 = 26]
Attack [26] -> [at Lomman Stormchest] [HIT]
Ettercap 2: [DAMAGE (M)] Bite [TYPE: piercing,slashing,bludgeoning (1d6+2=4)] [1d6+2 = 4]
Damage [4] -> [to Lomman Stormchest]
Lomman Stormchest: [SAVE] Fortitude [+2] [1d20+10 = 11]
GM:  [1d2 = 2]
[TURN] Spider, Giant 2
Perlivash: [INIT] [1d20+3 = 12]
Calex Shadowbourne: [INIT] [1d20+8 = 15]
[TURN] Walben Wobblekettle - [Bond to the Land 11(Forrest); AC: 2 | Mage Armor; AC: 4]
[TURN] Taboo - [Power Attack; ATK: -2 melee; CMD: -2 melee; DMG: 4 melee]
[TURN] Belthazor
[TURN] Koh
[ROUND 2]
[TURN] Spider, Giant 4
Spider, Giant 4: [ATTACK (M)] Bite [+2] [1d20+4 = 23]
Attack [23] -> [at Lomman Stormchest] [HIT]
Spider, Giant 4: [DAMAGE (M)] Bite [TYPE: piercing,slashing,bludgeoning (1d6=3)] [1d6 = 3]
Damage [3] -> [to Lomman Stormchest]
Lomman Stormchest: [SAVE] Fortitude [+2] [1d20+10 = 28]
[TURN] Calex Shadowbourne - [Fiendish Resistance; RESIST: 5 cold; RESIST: 5 fire; RESIST: 5 electricity]
Effect ['Shield; AC: 4 shield'] -> [to Calex Shadowbourne]
Effect ['Arcane Pool; DMG: 2; ATK: 2; DMGTYPE: magic'] -> [to Calex Shadowbourne]
Calex Shadowbourne: Arcane Pool (Sw) [1 PP]
Calex Shadowbourne: Flaming burst(Su) [2 PP]
Effect ['Flaming Burst; DMGTYPE: fire; DMG: 1d6'] -> [to Calex Shadowbourne]
Calex Shadowbourne: [CONCENTRATION] [MOD:INT] [1d20+14 = 15]
Calex Shadowbourne: [ATTACK #2 (M)] +1 Cold Iron Scimitar (1H) [MOD:DEX] [CRIT 15] [FULL] [EFFECTS +2] [1d20+10 = 22]
Attack [22] -> [at Ettercap 1] [HIT]
Calex Shadowbourne: [ATTACK (M)] +1 Cold Iron Scimitar (1H) [MOD:DEX] [CRIT 15] [FULL] [EFFECTS +2] [1d20+15 = 34]
Attack [34] -> [at Ettercap 1] [CRITICAL THREAT]
Calex Shadowbourne: [ATTACK (M)] +1 Cold Iron Scimitar (1H) [MOD:DEX] [CRIT 15] [FULL] [EFFECTS +2] [CONFIRM] [1d20+15 = 19]
Attack [19] -> [at Ettercap 1] [CRITICAL HIT]
Calex Shadowbourne: [DAMAGE (M)] +1 Cold Iron Scimitar (1H) [CRITICAL] [EFFECTS 1d6+4] [TYPE: magic, cold iron, slashing,fire (2d6+9=16)] [TYPE: magic, cold iron, slashing,critical,fire (1d6+9=15)] [1d6+1g6+1p6+18 = 31]
Damage [31] -> [to Ettercap 1] [STATUS: Dying]
Calex Shadowbourne: [DAMAGE] Flaming burst(Su) [TYPE: fire (1d10=1)] [1d10 = 1]
Damage [1] -> [to Ettercap 1]
Calex Shadowbourne: [ATTACK #2 (M)] +1 Cold Iron Scimitar (1H) [MOD:DEX] [CRIT 15] [FULL] [EFFECTS +2] [22]
Attack [22] -> [at Spider, Giant 3] [HIT]
Calex Shadowbourne: [DAMAGE (M)] +1 Cold Iron Scimitar (1H) [EFFECTS 1d6+2] [TYPE: magic, cold iron, slashing,fire (2d6+9=16)] [1d6+1p6+9 = 16]
Damage [16] -> [to Spider, Giant 3] [STATUS: Dying]
[TURN] Spider, Giant 3
[TURN] Lomman Stormchest
Lomman Stormchest: [ATTACK (M)] Waraxe, dwarven [CRIT 19] [1d20+14 = 27]
Attack [27] -> [at Spider, Giant 4] [HIT]
Lomman Stormchest: [DAMAGE (M)] Waraxe, dwarven [TYPE: slashing (1d10+7=10)] [1d10+7 = 10]
Damage [10] -> [to Spider, Giant 4] [STATUS: Wounded]
Lomman Stormchest: [ATTACK (M)] Waraxe, dwarven [CRIT 19] [1d20+14 = 30]
Attack [30] -> [at Ettercap 2] [HIT]
Lomman Stormchest: [DAMAGE (M)] Waraxe, dwarven [TYPE: slashing (1d10+7=15)] [1d10+7 = 15]
Damage [15] -> [to Ettercap 2] [STATUS: Wounded]
Lomman Stormchest: [SAVE] Fortitude [+2] [1d20+10 = 27]
[TURN] Perlivash
Perlivash: [DAMAGE] Magic Missile [TYPE: force,spell (2d4+2=6)] [2d4+2 = 6]
Damage [6] -> [to Spider, Giant 4] [STATUS: Heavy]
[TURN] Ettercap 2
Perlivash: Magic Missile
Ettercap 2: [ATTACK (M)] Claws [FULL] [1d20+5 = 14]
Attack [14] -> [at Lomman Stormchest] [MISS]
Ettercap 2: [ATTACK (M)] Bite [FULL] [1d20+5 = 14]
Attack [14] -> [at Lomman Stormchest] [MISS]
Ettercap 2: [ATTACK #2 (M)] Claws [FULL] [1d20+5 = 19]
Attack [19] -> [at Lomman Stormchest] [MISS]
Ettercap 2: [DAMAGE (M)] Claws [TYPE: bludgeoning,slashing (1d4+2=6)] [1d4+2 = 6]
Damage [6] -> [to Lomman Stormchest]
[TURN] Spider, Giant 2
Spider, Giant 2: [ATTACK (M)] Bite [1d20+2 = 8]
Attack [8] -> [at Calex Shadowbourne] [DEF EFFECTS +3] [MISS]
[TURN] Walben Wobblekettle - [Bond to the Land 11(Forrest); AC: 2 | Mage Armor; AC: 4]
[TURN] Taboo - [Power Attack; ATK: -2 melee; CMD: -2 melee; DMG: 4 melee]
[TURN] Belthazor
[TURN] Koh
[ROUND 3]
[TURN] Spider, Giant 4
Spider, Giant 4: [ATTACK (M)] Bite [+2] [1d20+4 = 6]
Attack [6] -> [at Lomman Stormchest] [MISS]
[TURN] Calex Shadowbourne - [Shield; AC: 4 shield; [D: 9] | Arcane Pool; DMG: 2; ATK: 2; DMGTYPE: magic; [D: 9] | Fiendish Resistance; RESIST: 5 cold; RESIST: 5 fire; RESIST: 5 electricity | Flaming Burst; DMGTYPE: fire; DMG: 1d6; [D: 9]]
Calex Shadowbourne: [CONCENTRATION] [MOD:INT] [1d20+13 = 16]
Calex Shadowbourne: [ATTACK (M)] +1 Cold Iron Scimitar (1H) [MOD:DEX] [CRIT 15] [EFFECTS +2] [1d20+15 = 18]
Attack [18] -> [at Spider, Giant 4] [HIT]
Calex Shadowbourne: [DAMAGE (M)] +1 Cold Iron Scimitar (1H) [EFFECTS 1d6+2] [TYPE: magic, cold iron, slashing,fire (2d6+9=17)] [1d6+1p6+9 = 17]
Calex Shadowbourne: [DAMAGE (M)] +1 Cold Iron Scimitar (1H) [EFFECTS 1d6+2] [TYPE: magic, cold iron, slashing,fire (17)] [17]
Damage [17] -> [to Spider, Giant 4] [STATUS: Dying]
Calex Shadowbourne: [ATTACK (M)] +1 Cold Iron Scimitar (1H) [MOD:DEX] [CRIT 15] [EFFECTS +2] [1d20+15 = 18]
Attack [18] -> [at Spider, Giant 2] [HIT]
Calex Shadowbourne: [DAMAGE (M)] +1 Cold Iron Scimitar (1H) [EFFECTS 1d6+2] [TYPE: magic, cold iron, slashing,fire (2d6+9=16)] [1d6+1p6+9 = 16]
Damage [16] -> [to Spider, Giant 2] [STATUS: Heavy]
Calex Shadowbourne: [ATTACK #2 (M)] +1 Cold Iron Scimitar (1H) [MOD:DEX] [CRIT 15] [EFFECTS +2] [1d20+10 = 22]
Attack [22] -> [at Spider, Giant 2] [HIT]
Calex Shadowbourne: [DAMAGE (M)] +1 Cold Iron Scimitar (1H) [EFFECTS 1d6+2] [TYPE: magic, cold iron, slashing,fire (2d6+9=13)] [1d6+1p6+9 = 13]
Damage [13] -> [to Spider, Giant 2] [STATUS: Dying]
[TURN] Lomman Stormchest
Lomman Stormchest: [ATTACK (M)] Waraxe, dwarven [CRIT 19] [EFFECTS -2] [1d20+12 = 18]
Attack [18] -> [at Ettercap 2] [HIT]
Lomman Stormchest: [DAMAGE (M)] Waraxe, dwarven [EFFECTS 1d10+4] [TYPE: slashing (2d10+11=24)] [1d10+1p10+11 = 24]
Damage [24] -> [to Ettercap 2] [STATUS: Heavy]
[TURN] Perlivash
Perlivash: Magic Missile
Perlivash: [DAMAGE] Magic Missile [TYPE: force,spell (2d4+2=6)] [2d4+2 = 6]
Damage [6] -> [to Ettercap 2] [STATUS: Dying]
Lomman Stormchest: [SAVE] Fortitude [+2] [1d20+10 = 25]
Calex Shadowbourne:  [1d20 = 11]
Lomman Stormchest:  [1d20 = 19]
Calex Shadowbourne: [SKILL] Knowledge (Arcana) [1d20+16 = 33]
Calex Shadowbourne: [SKILL] Spellcraft [1d20+16 = 17]
Calex Shadowbourne: [SKILL] Spellcraft [1d20+16 = 24]
Calex Shadowbourne: [SKILL] Spellcraft [1d20+16 = 17]
[PARTY] -> [Calex Shadowbourne] : Handy Haversack
[PARTY] -> [Lomman Stormchest] : Amethyst
Thousands of tiny spiders scurry among the strands of sticky webbing that drape the walls of this small cave, and several large web cocoons hang from the ceiling. An opening leads outside onto a ledge on the southern face of the hill, and two smaller rooms open off the main cave to the east and west. In the rear of the cave, a wide hole drops into the earth.
'Lacey' connected
Lomman Stormchest: [SKILL] Knowledge (Dungeoneering) [1d20+11 = 20]
[PARTY] -> [Perlivash] : Wand (Lightning Bolt (5th))
GM: This hideous purple creature walks upright like a man, but its face is that of a spider, and its hands are sickle-shaped claws.
GM:  [1d100 = 68]
GM:  [1d100 = 66]
The date is Fireday, 3rd Neth, 4711 Age of Lost Omens
GM:  [1d100 = 33]
GM:  [1d100 = 8]
GM:
 Southern Greenbelt Encounter Table: Forest [1d100 = 32]
GM:  [1d100 = 87]
GM:  [1d100 = 55]
GM:  [1d100 = 67]
GM:  [1d100 = 13]
GM: 
 Southern Greenbelt Encounter Table: Forest [1d100 = 34]
GM:  [1d100 = 45]
GM:  [1d100 = 16]
GM:  [1d100 = 62]
GM:  [1d100 = 12]
GM:
 Southern Greenbelt Encounter Table: Forest [1d100 = 24]
GM:  [1d100 = 67]
GM:  [1d100 = 60]
GM:  [1d100 = 56]
GM:  [1d100 = 64]
GM:  [1d100 = 20]
GM:  [1d100 = 43]
GM:  [1d100 = 26]
GM:  [1d100 = 59]
GM:  [1d100 = 3]
GM: 
 Southern Greenbelt Encounter Table: Forest [1d100 = 85]
Calex Shadowbourne: [SKILL] Knowledge (Arcana) [1d20+16 = 20]
GM: Party taking overnight rest.
Koh: [INIT] [1d20+3 = 21]
Perlivash: [INIT] [1d20+3 = 12]
Calex Shadowbourne: [INIT] [1d20+8 = 18]
Lomman Stormchest: [INIT] [1d20+1 = 20]
Forest Drake: [INIT] [1d20+6 = 17]
[TURN] Koh
Effect ['Death from Above; ATK: 5; AC: -2'] -> [to Koh]
Koh: [ATTACK (M)] +1 Falcata (Single) [CRIT 19] [EFFECTS +5] [1d20+19 = 35]
Attack [35] -> [at Forest Drake] [HIT]
Koh: [DAMAGE (M)] +1 Falcata (Single) [TYPE: slashing, magic (1d8+6=13)] [1d8+6 = 13]
Damage [13] -> [to Forest Drake] [STATUS: Wounded]
[TURN] Lomman Stormchest
[TURN] Calex Shadowbourne - [Fiendish Resistance; RESIST: 5 cold; RESIST: 5 fire; RESIST: 5 electricity]
[TURN] Forest Drake
Calex Shadowbourne: Arcane Pool (Sw) [1 PP]
Effect ['Arcane Pool; DMG: 2; ATK: 2; DMGTYPE: magic'] -> [to Calex Shadowbourne]
Calex Shadowbourne: shocking burst(Su) [2 PP]
Effect ['Shocking Burst; DMGTYPE: electricity; DMG: 1d6'] -> [to Calex Shadowbourne]
Calex Shadowbourne: At 5th level, these bonuses can be used to add any of the following weapon properties: dancing, flaming, flaming burst, frost, icy burst, keen, shock, shocking burst, speed, or vorpal.
GM:  [2d6 = 12]
GM:  [1d6 = 1]
Forest Drake: [ATTACK (M)] Bite [FULL] [1d20+10 = 18]
Attack [18] -> [at Calex Shadowbourne] [MISS]
Forest Drake: [ATTACK (M)] Tail slap [FULL] [1d20+8 = 18]
Attack [18] -> [at Calex Shadowbourne] [MISS]
Calex Shadowbourne: When making a full-attack action, the wielder of a speed weapon may make one extra attack with it. The attack uses the wielderís full base attack bonus, plus any modifiers appropriate to the situation. (This benefit is not cumulative with similar effects, such as a haste spell.)
[TURN] Perlivash
Perlivash: Grease
Perlivash: [CAST] Grease [at Forest Drake]
Forest Drake: [SAVE] Reflex [1d20+7 = 16]
Save [16][vs. DC 15] -> [for Forest Drake] [vs Perlivash] [SUCCESS]
[TURN] Walben Wobblekettle - [Bond to the Land 11(Forrest); AC: 2 | Mage Armor; AC: 4]
[TURN] Taboo - [Power Attack; ATK: -2 melee; CMD: -2 melee; DMG: 4 melee]
[TURN] Belthazor
[ROUND 2]
Effect ['Death from Above; ATK: 5; AC: -2'] -> [EXPIRED] [on Koh]
[TURN] Koh
Koh: [ATTACK (M)] +1 Falcata (Main) [CRIT 19] [1d20+11 = 15]
Attack [15] -> [at Forest Drake] [MISS]
Koh: [ATTACK (M)] Cold Iron Falcata (Off) [CRIT 19] [1d20+11 = 30]
Attack [30] -> [at Forest Drake] [CRITICAL THREAT]
Koh: [ATTACK (M)] Cold Iron Falcata (Off) [CRIT 19] [CONFIRM] [1d20+11 = 12]
Attack [12] -> [at Forest Drake] [CRIT NOT CONFIRMED]
Koh: [DAMAGE (M)] Cold Iron Falcata (Off) [TYPE: slashing, cold iron (1d8+3=5)] [1d8+3 = 5]
Damage [5] -> [to Forest Drake]
Koh: [ATTACK #2 (M)] +1 Falcata (Single) [CRIT 19] [1d20+9 = 21]
Attack [21] -> [at Forest Drake] [HIT]
Koh: [DAMAGE (M)] +1 Falcata (Single) [TYPE: slashing, magic (1d8+6=13)] [1d8+6 = 13]
Damage [13] -> [to Forest Drake]
[TURN] Lomman Stormchest
Lomman Stormchest: [ATTACK (M)] Waraxe, dwarven [CRIT 19] [FULL] [1d20+14 = 15]
Attack [15] -> [at Forest Drake] [AUTOMATIC MISS]
Lomman Stormchest: [ATTACK #2 (M)] Waraxe, dwarven [CRIT 19] [FULL] [EFFECTS -2] [1d20+7 = 26]
Attack [26] -> [at Forest Drake] [CRITICAL THREAT]
Lomman Stormchest: [ATTACK #2 (M)] Waraxe, dwarven [CRIT 19] [FULL] [EFFECTS -2] [CONFIRM] [1d20+7 = 18]
Attack [18] -> [at Forest Drake] [CRIT NOT CONFIRMED]
Lomman Stormchest: [DAMAGE (M)] Waraxe, dwarven [EFFECTS +4] [TYPE: slashing (1d10+11=16)] [1d10+11 = 16]
Damage [16] -> [to Forest Drake]
[TURN] Calex Shadowbourne - [Fiendish Resistance; RESIST: 5 cold; RESIST: 5 fire; RESIST: 5 electricity | Arcane Pool; DMG: 2; ATK: 2; DMGTYPE: magic; [D: 9] | Shocking Burst; DMGTYPE: electricity; DMG: 1d6; [D: 9]]
Calex Shadowbourne: [ATTACK (M)] +1 Cold Iron Scimitar (1H) [MOD:DEX] [CRIT 15] [EFFECTS +2] [1d20+15 = 21]
Attack [21] -> [at Forest Drake] [HIT]
Calex Shadowbourne: [DAMAGE (M)] +1 Cold Iron Scimitar (1H) [EFFECTS 1d6+2] [TYPE: magic, cold iron, slashing,electricity (2d6+9=19)] [1d6+1p6+9 = 19]
Damage [19] -> [to Forest Drake] [STATUS: Heavy]
Calex Shadowbourne: [DAMAGE] lvl 1 Shocking Grasp (I) (L) [TYPE: electricity,spell (9d6=23)] [9d6 = 23]
Damage [23] -> [to Forest Drake]
Calex Shadowbourne: [ATTACK #2 (M)] +1 Cold Iron Scimitar (1H) [MOD:DEX] [CRIT 15] [FULL] [EFFECTS +2] [1d20+10 = 24]
Attack [24] -> [at Forest Drake] [HIT]
Calex Shadowbourne: [ATTACK (M)] +1 Cold Iron Scimitar (1H) [MOD:DEX] [CRIT 15] [FULL] [EFFECTS +2] [1d20+15 = 29]
Attack [29] -> [at Forest Drake] [HIT]
Calex Shadowbourne: [DAMAGE (M)] +1 Cold Iron Scimitar (1H) [EFFECTS 1d6+2] [TYPE: magic, cold iron, slashing,electricity (2d6+9=18)] [1d6+1p6+9 = 18]
Damage [18] -> [to Forest Drake] [STATUS: Dying]
Calex Shadowbourne: [DAMAGE (M)] +1 Cold Iron Scimitar (1H) [EFFECTS 1d6+2] [TYPE: magic, cold iron, slashing,electricity (2d6+9=18)] [1d6+1p6+9 = 18]
Damage [18] -> [to Forest Drake] [STATUS: Dead]
GM:  [4d4 = 10]
[TURN] Forest Drake
[TURN] Perlivash
GM: Party taking overnight rest.
Sickening Strikes
Storm Step
Koh: [INIT] [1d20+3 = 16]
Lomman Stormchest: [INIT] [1d20+1 = 21]
Calex Shadowbourne: [INIT] [1d20+8 = 24]
Walben Wobblekettle: [INIT] [1d20+10 = 11]
Perlivash: [INIT] [1d20+3 = 20]
Taboo: [INIT] [1d20+4 = 5]
Belthazor: [INIT] [1d20+3 = 19]
[TURN] Will-o'-Wisp 2
Will-o'-Wisp 2: [ATTACK (M)] Shock [TOUCH] [CA] [EFFECTS +2] [1d20+18 = 27]
Attack [27] -> [at Perlivash] [DEF EFFECTS -4] [HIT]
Will-o'-Wisp 2: [DAMAGE (M)] Shock [TYPE: electricity (2d8=7)] [2d8 = 7]
Damage [7] -> [to Perlivash] [STATUS: Wounded]
[TURN] Will-o'-Wisp 3
Will-o'-Wisp 3: [ATTACK (M)] Shock [TOUCH] [CA] [EFFECTS +2] [1d20+18 = 25]
Attack [25] -> [at Koh] [DEF EFFECTS -2] [HIT]
Will-o'-Wisp 3: [DAMAGE (M)] Shock [TYPE: electricity (2d8=14)] [2d8 = 14]
Damage [14] -> [to Koh] [STATUS: Wounded]
[TURN] Will-o'-Wisp 1
Will-o'-Wisp 1: [ATTACK (M)] Shock [TOUCH] [CA] [EFFECTS +2] [1d20+18 = 34]
Attack [34] -> [at Belthazor] [DEF EFFECTS -3] [HIT]
Will-o'-Wisp 1: [DAMAGE (M)] Shock [TYPE: electricity (2d8=12)] [2d8 = 12]
Damage [12] -> [to Belthazor] [STATUS: Wounded]
[TURN] Calex Shadowbourne - [Fiendish Resistance; RESIST: 5 cold; RESIST: 5 fire; RESIST: 5 electricity]
Calex Shadowbourne: Arcane Pool (Sw) [1 PP]
Effect ['Arcane Pool; DMG: 2; ATK: 2; DMGTYPE: magic'] -> [to Calex Shadowbourne]
Calex Shadowbourne: Icy Burst(Su) [2 PP]
Effect ['Icy Burst; DMGTYPE: cold; DMG: 1d6'] -> [to Calex Shadowbourne]
Effect ['Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex'] -> [to Koh] [by Calex Shadowbourne]
Effect ['Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex'] -> [to Belthazor] [by Calex Shadowbourne]
Effect ['Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex'] -> [to Lomman Stormchest] [by Calex Shadowbourne]
Effect ['Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex'] -> [to Perlivash] [by Calex Shadowbourne]
Effect ['Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex'] -> [to Calex Shadowbourne]
Calex Shadowbourne: Haste
[TURN] Lomman Stormchest - [Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex; [D: 8]]
Will-o'-Wisp 1: [ATTACK (M)] Shock [TOUCH] [CA] [EFFECTS +2] [1d20+18 = 24]
Attack [24] -> [at Lomman Stormchest] [HIT]
Will-o'-Wisp 1: [DAMAGE (M)] Shock [TYPE: electricity (2d8=9)] [2d8 = 9]
Damage [9] -> [to Lomman Stormchest] [STATUS: Wounded]
Lomman Stormchest: [ATTACK (M)] Waraxe, dwarven [CRIT 19] [+2] [1d20+16 = 30]
Attack [30] -> [at Will-o'-Wisp 1] [HIT] [MISS CHANCE 50%]
Lomman Stormchest: [ATTACK (M)] Waraxe, dwarven [CRIT 19] [+2] [MISS CHANCE 50%] [MISS] [1d100 = 42]
Lomman Stormchest: [DAMAGE (M)] Waraxe, dwarven [EFFECTS 1d10] [TYPE: slashing (2d10+7=15)] [1d10+1p10+7 = 15]
Damage [15] -> [to Will-o'-Wisp 1] [STATUS: Wounded]
[TURN] Perlivash - [Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex; [D: 8]]
Perlivash: Invisibility, Greater
Effect ['Invisible'] -> [to Perlivash]
[TURN] Belthazor - [Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex; [D: 8]]
Belthazor: [ATTACK (M)] +1 sword, short [CRIT 19] [1d20+7 = 15]
Attack [15] -> [at Will-o'-Wisp 1] [MISS] [MISS CHANCE 50%]
Belthazor: [ATTACK (R)] Dagger, Masterwork [CRIT 19] [1d20+7 = 9]
Attack [9] -> [at Will-o'-Wisp 1] [MISS] [MISS CHANCE 50%]
[TURN] Koh - [Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex; [D: 8]]
Koh: [ATTACK (M)] +1 Falcata (Main) [CRIT 19] [1d20+11 = 13]
Attack [13] -> [at Will-o'-Wisp 3] [MISS] [MISS CHANCE 50%]
Koh: [ATTACK (M)] Cold Iron Falcata (Off) [CRIT 19] [1d20+11 = 12]
Attack [12] -> [at Will-o'-Wisp 3] [AUTOMATIC MISS] [MISS CHANCE 50%]
Koh: [ATTACK #2 (M)] +1 Falcata (Single) [CRIT 19] [1d20+9 = 19]
Attack [19] -> [at Will-o'-Wisp 3] [MISS] [MISS CHANCE 50%]
Koh: [ATTACK (M)] +1 Falcata (Single) [CRIT 19] [1d20+14 = 29]
Attack [29] -> [at Will-o'-Wisp 3] [HIT] [MISS CHANCE 50%]
Koh: [ATTACK (M)] +1 Falcata (Single) [CRIT 19] [MISS CHANCE 50%] [HIT] [1d100 = 88]
Koh: [DAMAGE (M)] +1 Falcata (Single) [TYPE: slashing, magic (1d8+6=13)] [1d8+6 = 13]
Damage [13] -> [to Will-o'-Wisp 3] [STATUS: Wounded]
[TURN] Walben Wobblekettle - [Bond to the Land 11(Forrest); AC: 2 | Mage Armor; AC: 4]
Walben Wobblekettle: Glitterdust
Walben Wobblekettle: [CAST] Glitterdust [at Will-o'-Wisp 1]
Will-o'-Wisp 1: [SAVE] Will [1d20+9 = 25]
Save [25][vs. DC 18] -> [for Will-o'-Wisp 1] [vs Walben Wobblekettle] [SUCCESS]
[TURN] Taboo - [Power Attack; ATK: -2 melee; CMD: -2 melee; DMG: 4 melee]
Taboo: [ATTACK (M)] bite [EFFECTS -2] [1d20+11 = 24]
Attack [24] -> [at Will-o'-Wisp 1] [MISS]
[ROUND 2]
[TURN] Will-o'-Wisp 2
Will-o'-Wisp 2: [ATTACK (M)] Shock [TOUCH] [CA] [EFFECTS +2] [1d20+18 = 22]
Attack [22] -> [at Calex Shadowbourne] [DEF EFFECTS -5] [HIT]
Will-o'-Wisp 2: [DAMAGE (M)] Shock [TYPE: electricity (2d8=12)] [2d8 = 12]
Damage [7] -> [to Calex Shadowbourne] [PARTIALLY RESISTED] [STATUS: Wounded]
[TURN] Will-o'-Wisp 3
Will-o'-Wisp 3: [DAMAGE (M)] Shock [TYPE: electricity (2d8=5)] [2d8 = 5]
Damage [5] -> [to Koh]
[TURN] Will-o'-Wisp 1
Will-o'-Wisp 1: [ATTACK (M)] Shock [TOUCH] [1d20+16 = 27]
Attack [27] -> [at Taboo] [HIT]
Will-o'-Wisp 1: [DAMAGE (M)] Shock [TYPE: electricity (2d8=7)] [2d8 = 7]
Damage [7] -> [to Taboo] [STATUS: Wounded]
[TURN] Calex Shadowbourne - [Fiendish Resistance; RESIST: 5 cold; RESIST: 5 fire; RESIST: 5 electricity | Arcane Pool; DMG: 2; ATK: 2; DMGTYPE: magic; [D: 9] | Icy Burst; DMGTYPE: cold; DMG: 1d6; [D: 9] | Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex; [D: 7]]
[TURN] Lomman Stormchest - [DMG: 1d10 | Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex; [D: 7]]
Lomman Stormchest: [ATTACK (M)] Waraxe, dwarven [CRIT 19] [1d20+14 = 28]
Attack [28] -> [at Will-o'-Wisp 1] [HIT]
Lomman Stormchest: [DAMAGE (M)] Waraxe, dwarven [TYPE: slashing (1d10+7=13)] [1d10+7 = 13]
Damage [13] -> [to Will-o'-Wisp 1]
Lomman Stormchest: [ATTACK (M)] Waraxe, dwarven [CRIT 19] [1d20+14 = 29]
Attack [29] -> [at Will-o'-Wisp 1] [HIT]
Lomman Stormchest: [DAMAGE (M)] Waraxe, dwarven [EFFECTS 1d10] [TYPE: slashing (2d10+7=26)] [1d10+1p10+7 = 26]
Damage [26] -> [to Will-o'-Wisp 1] [STATUS: Heavy]
Lomman Stormchest: [ATTACK (M)] Waraxe, dwarven [CRIT 19] [1d20+14 = 21]
Attack [21] -> [at Will-o'-Wisp 1] [MISS]
[TURN] Perlivash - [Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex; [D: 7] | Invisible]
Will-o'-Wisp 2: [SAVE] Fortitude [1d20+3 = 7]
Save [7][vs. DC 12] -> [for Will-o'-Wisp 2] [vs Perlivash] [FAILURE]
Effect ['Euphoria; sickened,staggered'] -> [to Will-o'-Wisp 2] [by Perlivash]
[TURN] Calex Shadowbourne - [Fiendish Resistance; RESIST: 5 cold; RESIST: 5 fire; RESIST: 5 electricity | Arcane Pool; DMG: 2; ATK: 2; DMGTYPE: magic; [D: 9] | Icy Burst; DMGTYPE: cold; DMG: 1d6; [D: 9] | Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex; [D: 7]]
Calex Shadowbourne: Corrosive Touch
Calex Shadowbourne: [CONCENTRATION] [MOD:INT] [1d20+13 = 23]
Calex Shadowbourne: Arcane Accuracy (Sw) [1 PP]
Effect ['Arcane Accuracy; ATK: 5'] -> [to Calex Shadowbourne]
Calex Shadowbourne: [ATTACK (M)] +1 Cold Iron Scimitar (1H) [MOD:DEX] [CRIT 15] [EFFECTS +7] [1d20+20 = 31]
Attack [31] -> [at Will-o'-Wisp 2] [HIT] [MISS CHANCE 50%]
Calex Shadowbourne: [ATTACK (M)] +1 Cold Iron Scimitar (1H) [MOD:DEX] [CRIT 15] [EFFECTS +7] [MISS CHANCE 50%] [MISS] [1d100 = 25]
Calex Shadowbourne: [DAMAGE (M)] +1 Cold Iron Scimitar (1H) [EFFECTS 1d6+2] [TYPE: magic, cold iron, slashing,cold (2d6+9=12)] [1d6+1p6+9 = 12]
Damage [12] -> [to Will-o'-Wisp 2] [STATUS: Wounded]
Calex Shadowbourne: [ATTACK (M)] +1 Cold Iron Scimitar (1H) [MOD:DEX] [CRIT 15] [FULL] [EFFECTS +7] [1d20+20 = 38]
Attack [38] -> [at Will-o'-Wisp 2] [CRITICAL THREAT]
Calex Shadowbourne: [ATTACK #2 (M)] +1 Cold Iron Scimitar (1H) [MOD:DEX] [CRIT 15] [FULL] [EFFECTS +7] [1d20+15 = 34]
Attack [34] -> [at Will-o'-Wisp 2] [CRITICAL THREAT]
Calex Shadowbourne: [ATTACK (M)] +1 Cold Iron Scimitar (1H) [MOD:DEX] [CRIT 15] [FULL] [EFFECTS +7] [CONFIRM][MISS CHANCE 50%] [1d20+20 = 32]
Attack [32] -> [at Will-o'-Wisp 2] [CRITICAL HIT] [MISS CHANCE 50%]
Calex Shadowbourne: [ATTACK #2 (M)] +1 Cold Iron Scimitar (1H) [MOD:DEX] [CRIT 15] [FULL] [EFFECTS +7] [CONFIRM][MISS CHANCE 50%] [1d20+15 = 17]
Attack [17] -> [at Will-o'-Wisp 2] [CRIT NOT CONFIRMED] [MISS CHANCE 50%]
Calex Shadowbourne: [ATTACK (M)] +1 Cold Iron Scimitar (1H) [MOD:DEX] [CRIT 15] [FULL] [EFFECTS +7] [CONFIRM][MISS CHANCE 50%] [AC 26] [MISS CHANCE 50%] [MISS] [1d100 = 32]
Calex Shadowbourne: [ATTACK #2 (M)] +1 Cold Iron Scimitar (1H) [MOD:DEX] [CRIT 15] [FULL] [EFFECTS +7] [CONFIRM][MISS CHANCE 50%] [AC 26] [MISS CHANCE 50%] [HIT] [1d100 = 71]
Calex Shadowbourne: [DAMAGE (M)] +1 Cold Iron Scimitar (1H) [EFFECTS 1d6+2] [TYPE: magic, cold iron, slashing,cold (2d6+9=12)] [1d6+1p6+9 = 12]
Damage [12] -> [to Will-o'-Wisp 2]
Calex Shadowbourne: [DAMAGE (M)] +1 Cold Iron Scimitar (1H) [CRITICAL] [EFFECTS 1d6+4] [TYPE: magic, cold iron, slashing,cold (2d6+9=14)] [TYPE: magic, cold iron, slashing,critical,cold (1d6+9=13)] [1d6+1g6+1p6+18 = 27]
Damage [27] -> [to Will-o'-Wisp 2] [STATUS: Heavy]
Calex Shadowbourne: [DAMAGE] Icy Burst(Su) [TYPE: cold (1d10=2)] [1d10 = 2]
Damage [2] -> [to Will-o'-Wisp 2]
[TURN] Belthazor - [Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex; [D: 7]]
Calex Shadowbourne: Empowered Magic (Su) [0 PP]
Belthazor: Faerie Fire
Belthazor: [CAST] Faerie Fire [at Will-o'-Wisp 1]
Belthazor: [CAST] Faerie Fire [at Will-o'-Wisp 2]
[TURN] Koh - [Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex; [D: 7]]
Will-o'-Wisp 3: [ATTACK (M)] Shock [TOUCH] [CA] [EFFECTS +2] [1d20+18 = 33]
Attack [33] -> [at Koh] [DEF EFFECTS -1] [HIT]
Will-o'-Wisp 3: [DAMAGE (M)] Shock [TYPE: electricity (2d8=9)] [2d8 = 9]
Damage [9] -> [to Koh]
Koh: [ATTACK (M)] +1 Falcata (Single) [CRIT 19] [1d20+14 = 26]
Attack [26] -> [at Will-o'-Wisp 3] [HIT] [MISS CHANCE 50%]
Koh: [ATTACK (M)] +1 Falcata (Single) [CRIT 19] [MISS CHANCE 50%] [MISS] [1d100 = 20]
Koh: [DAMAGE (M)] +1 Falcata (Single) [TYPE: slashing, magic (1d8+6=9)] [1d8+6 = 9]
Damage [9] -> [to Will-o'-Wisp 3]
[TURN] Walben Wobblekettle - [Bond to the Land 11(Forrest); AC: 2 | Mage Armor; AC: 4]
Walben Wobblekettle: Glitterdust
Walben Wobblekettle: [CAST] Glitterdust [at Will-o'-Wisp 3]
Will-o'-Wisp 3: [SAVE] Will [1d20+9 = 26]
Save [26][vs. DC 18] -> [for Will-o'-Wisp 3] [vs Walben Wobblekettle] [SUCCESS]
[TURN] Taboo - [Power Attack; ATK: -2 melee; CMD: -2 melee; DMG: 4 melee]
Taboo: [ATTACK (M)] bite [EFFECTS -2] [1d20+11 = 15]
Attack [15] -> [at Will-o'-Wisp 1] [MISS]
Taboo: [ATTACK #2 (M)] claw [MOD:DEX] [FULL] [EFFECTS -2] [1d20+5 = 6]
Attack [6] -> [at Will-o'-Wisp 1] [AUTOMATIC MISS]
Taboo: [ATTACK (M)] claw [MOD:DEX] [FULL] [EFFECTS -2] [1d20+10 = 18]
Attack [18] -> [at Will-o'-Wisp 1] [MISS]
[ROUND 3]
[TURN] Will-o'-Wisp 2 - [Euphoria; sickened,staggered; [D: 6]]
Will-o'-Wisp 2: [ATTACK (M)] Shock [TOUCH] [1d20+16 = 34]
Attack [34] -> [at Calex Shadowbourne] [DEF EFFECTS +1] [HIT]
Will-o'-Wisp 2: [DAMAGE (M)] Shock [TYPE: electricity (2d8=6)] [2d8 = 6]
Damage [1] -> [to Calex Shadowbourne] [PARTIALLY RESISTED]
[TURN] Will-o'-Wisp 3
Will-o'-Wisp 3: [ATTACK (M)] Shock [TOUCH] [1d20+16 = 33]
Attack [33] -> [at Koh] [DEF EFFECTS +1] [HIT]
Will-o'-Wisp 3: [DAMAGE (M)] Shock [TYPE: electricity (2d8=4)] [2d8 = 4]
Damage [4] -> [to Koh]
[TURN] Will-o'-Wisp 1
Will-o'-Wisp 1: [ATTACK (M)] Shock [TOUCH] [1d20+16 = 18]
Attack [18] -> [at Lomman Stormchest] [DEF EFFECTS +1] [HIT]
Will-o'-Wisp 1: [DAMAGE (M)] Shock [TYPE: electricity (2d8=6)] [2d8 = 6]
Damage [6] -> [to Lomman Stormchest]
[TURN] Lomman Stormchest - [Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex; [D: 6]]
Lomman Stormchest: [ATTACK (M)] Waraxe, dwarven [CRIT 19] [1d20+14 = 27]
Attack [27] -> [at Will-o'-Wisp 1] [HIT]
Lomman Stormchest: [DAMAGE (M)] Waraxe, dwarven [TYPE: slashing (1d10+7=9)] [1d10+7 = 9]
Damage [9] -> [to Will-o'-Wisp 1]
Lomman Stormchest: [ATTACK (M)] Waraxe, dwarven [CRIT 19] [1d20+14 = 17]
Attack [17] -> [at Will-o'-Wisp 1] [MISS]
Lomman Stormchest: [ATTACK (M)] Waraxe, dwarven [CRIT 19] [1d20+14 = 34]
Attack [34] -> [at Will-o'-Wisp 1] [AUTOMATIC HIT]
Lomman Stormchest: [ATTACK (M)] Waraxe, dwarven [CRIT 19] [CONFIRM] [1d20+14 = 19]
Attack [19] -> [at Will-o'-Wisp 1] [CRIT NOT CONFIRMED]
Lomman Stormchest: [DAMAGE (M)] Waraxe, dwarven [TYPE: slashing (1d10+7=17)] [1d10+7 = 17]
Damage [17] -> [to Will-o'-Wisp 1]
[TURN] Perlivash - [Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex; [D: 6] | Invisible]
Perlivash: [DAMAGE] Magic Missile [TYPE: force,spell (2d4+2=9)] [2d4+2 = 9]
Damage [9] -> [to Will-o'-Wisp 2]
Effect ['Arcane Accuracy; ATK: 5'] -> [EXPIRED] [on Calex Shadowbourne]
[TURN] Calex Shadowbourne - [Fiendish Resistance; RESIST: 5 cold; RESIST: 5 fire; RESIST: 5 electricity | Arcane Pool; DMG: 2; ATK: 2; DMGTYPE: magic; [D: 8] | Icy Burst; DMGTYPE: cold; DMG: 1d6; [D: 8] | Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex; [D: 6]]
Calex Shadowbourne: Arcane Accuracy (Sw) [1 PP]
Effect ['Arcane Accuracy; ATK: 5'] -> [to Calex Shadowbourne]
Calex Shadowbourne: [ATTACK #2 (M)] +1 Cold Iron Scimitar (1H) [MOD:DEX] [CRIT 15] [FULL] [EFFECTS +7] [1d20+15 = 29]
Attack [29] -> [at Will-o'-Wisp 2] [HIT]
Calex Shadowbourne: [ATTACK (M)] +1 Cold Iron Scimitar (1H) [MOD:DEX] [CRIT 15] [FULL] [EFFECTS +7] [1d20+20 = 30]
Attack [30] -> [at Will-o'-Wisp 2] [HIT]
Calex Shadowbourne: [DAMAGE (M)] +1 Cold Iron Scimitar (1H) [EFFECTS 1d6+2] [TYPE: magic, cold iron, slashing,cold (2d6+9=16)] [1d6+1p6+9 = 16]
Damage [16] -> [to Will-o'-Wisp 2] [STATUS: Dying]
Calex Shadowbourne: [DAMAGE (M)] +1 Cold Iron Scimitar (1H) [EFFECTS 1d6+2] [TYPE: magic, cold iron, slashing,cold (2d6+9=11)] [1d6+1p6+9 = 11]
Damage [11] -> [to Will-o'-Wisp 2] [STATUS: Dead]
Calex Shadowbourne: [ATTACK (M)] +1 Cold Iron Scimitar (1H) [MOD:DEX] [CRIT 15] [EFFECTS +7] [1d20+20 = 29]
Attack [29] -> [at Will-o'-Wisp 2] [HIT]
Calex Shadowbourne: [DAMAGE (M)] +1 Cold Iron Scimitar (1H) [EFFECTS 1d6+2] [TYPE: magic, cold iron, slashing,cold (2d6+9=13)] [1d6+1p6+9 = 13]
Damage [13] -> [to Will-o'-Wisp 2]
[TURN] Belthazor - [Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex; [D: 6]]
Belthazor: [ATTACK (M)] +1 sword, short [CRIT 19] [1d20+7 = 15]
Attack [15] -> [at Will-o'-Wisp 3] [MISS]
[TURN] Koh - [Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex; [D: 6]]
Koh: [ATTACK (M)] +1 Falcata (Main) [CRIT 19] [1d20+11 = 13]
Attack [13] -> [at Will-o'-Wisp 3] [MISS]
Koh: [ATTACK (M)] Cold Iron Falcata (Off) [CRIT 19] [1d20+11 = 24]
Attack [24] -> [at Will-o'-Wisp 3] [MISS]
Koh: [ATTACK #2 (M)] +1 Falcata (Single) [CRIT 19] [1d20+9 = 25]
Attack [25] -> [at Will-o'-Wisp 3] [MISS]
Koh: [ATTACK (M)] +1 Falcata (Single) [CRIT 19] [1d20+14 = 27]
Attack [27] -> [at Will-o'-Wisp 3] [HIT]
Koh: [DAMAGE (M)] +1 Falcata (Single) [TYPE: slashing, magic (1d8+6=10)] [1d8+6 = 10]
Damage [10] -> [to Will-o'-Wisp 3]
[TURN] Walben Wobblekettle - [Bond to the Land 11(Forrest); AC: 2 | Mage Armor; AC: 4]
Walben Wobblekettle: [ATTACK (R)] Wand of Acid Arrow [TOUCH] [1d20+9 = 14]
Attack [14] -> [at Will-o'-Wisp 3] [MISS]
[TURN] Taboo - [Power Attack; ATK: -2 melee; CMD: -2 melee; DMG: 4 melee]
Taboo: [ATTACK (M)] bite [EFFECTS -2] [-2] [1d20+9 = 23]
Attack [23] -> [at Will-o'-Wisp 1] [MISS]
Taboo: [ATTACK (M)] claw [MOD:DEX] [FULL] [EFFECTS -2] [-2] [1d20+8 = 10]
Attack [10] -> [at Will-o'-Wisp 1] [MISS]
Taboo: [ATTACK #2 (M)] claw [MOD:DEX] [FULL] [EFFECTS -2] [-2] [1d20+3 = 6]
Attack [6] -> [at Will-o'-Wisp 1] [MISS]
[ROUND 4]
[TURN] Will-o'-Wisp 3
Will-o'-Wisp 3: [ATTACK (M)] Shock [TOUCH] [1d20+16 = 36]
Attack [36] -> [at Koh] [DEF EFFECTS +1] [AUTOMATIC HIT]
Will-o'-Wisp 3: [ATTACK (M)] Shock [TOUCH] [CONFIRM] [1d20+16 = 34]
Attack [34] -> [at Koh] [CRITICAL HIT]
Will-o'-Wisp 3: [DAMAGE (M)] Shock [CRITICAL] [TYPE: electricity (2d8=5)] [TYPE: electricity,critical (2d8=10)] [2d8+2g8 = 15]
Damage [15] -> [to Koh]
Belthazor: [ATTACK (M)] +1 sword, short [CRIT 19] [1d20+7 = 13]
Attack [13] -> [at Will-o'-Wisp 3] [MISS]
Koh: [ATTACK (M)] Cold Iron Falcata (Single) [CRIT 19] [1d20+15 = 33]
Attack [33] -> [at Will-o'-Wisp 3] [HIT]
Koh: [DAMAGE (M)] Cold Iron Falcata (Single) [TYPE: slashing, cold iron (1d8+6=12)] [1d8+6 = 12]
Damage [12] -> [to Will-o'-Wisp 3] [STATUS: Heavy]
[TURN] Will-o'-Wisp 1
Will-o'-Wisp 1: [ATTACK (M)] Shock [TOUCH] [1d20+16 = 27]
Attack [27] -> [at Taboo] [HIT]
Will-o'-Wisp 1: [DAMAGE (M)] Shock [TYPE: electricity (2d8=11)] [2d8 = 11]
Damage [11] -> [to Taboo]
[TURN] Lomman Stormchest - [Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex; [D: 5]]
Lomman Stormchest: [ATTACK (M)] Waraxe, dwarven [CRIT 19] [COVER -2] [1d20+12 = 28]
Attack [28] -> [at Will-o'-Wisp 1] [HIT]
Lomman Stormchest: [DAMAGE (M)] Waraxe, dwarven [TYPE: slashing (1d10+7=13)] [1d10+7 = 13]
Damage [13] -> [to Will-o'-Wisp 1] [STATUS: Dead]
Lomman Stormchest: [ATTACK (M)] Waraxe, dwarven [CRIT 19] [1d20+14 = 25]
Attack [25] -> [at Will-o'-Wisp 1] [MISS]
Lomman Stormchest: [ATTACK (M)] Waraxe, dwarven [CRIT 19] [1d20+14 = 28]
Attack [28] -> [HIT]
Lomman Stormchest: [DAMAGE (M)] Waraxe, dwarven [TYPE: slashing (1d10+7=16)] [1d10+7 = 16]
[TURN] Perlivash - [Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex; [D: 5] | Invisible]
Calex Shadowbourne:  [1d4 = 3]
Perlivash: Magic Missile
Perlivash: [DAMAGE] Magic Missile [TYPE: force,spell (2d4+2=6)] [2d4+2 = 6]
Damage [6] -> [to Will-o'-Wisp 3]
Effect ['Arcane Accuracy; ATK: 5'] -> [EXPIRED] [on Calex Shadowbourne]
[TURN] Calex Shadowbourne - [Fiendish Resistance; RESIST: 5 cold; RESIST: 5 fire; RESIST: 5 electricity | Arcane Pool; DMG: 2; ATK: 2; DMGTYPE: magic; [D: 7] | Icy Burst; DMGTYPE: cold; DMG: 1d6; [D: 7] | Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex; [D: 5]]
Calex Shadowbourne: Arcane Accuracy (Sw) [1 PP]
Effect ['Arcane Accuracy; ATK: 5'] -> [to Calex Shadowbourne]
Calex Shadowbourne: [ATTACK (M)] +1 Cold Iron Scimitar (1H) [MOD:DEX] [CRIT 15] [EFFECTS +7] [1d20+20 = 24]
Calex Shadowbourne: [ATTACK (M)] +1 Cold Iron Scimitar (1H) [MOD:DEX] [CRIT 15] [EFFECTS +7] [24]
Attack [24] -> [at Will-o'-Wisp 3] [MISS]
Calex Shadowbourne: [DAMAGE (M)] +1 Cold Iron Scimitar (1H) [EFFECTS 1d6+2] [TYPE: magic, cold iron, slashing,cold (2d6+9=14)] [1d6+1p6+9 = 14]
Damage [14] -> [to Will-o'-Wisp 3]
[TURN] Belthazor - [Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex; [D: 5]]
Belthazor: [ATTACK (M)] +1 sword, short [CRIT 19] [1d20+7 = 12]
Attack [12] -> [at Will-o'-Wisp 3] [MISS]
[TURN] Koh - [Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex; [D: 5]]
Koh: [ATTACK (M)] +1 Falcata (Single) [CRIT 19] [1d20+14 = 29]
Attack [29] -> [at Will-o'-Wisp 3] [HIT]
Koh: [DAMAGE (M)] +1 Falcata (Single) [TYPE: slashing, magic (1d8+6=13)] [1d8+6 = 13]
Damage [13] -> [to Will-o'-Wisp 3] [STATUS: Dying]
GM:  [1d100 = 47]
GM:  [1d100 = 9]
GM: [TABLE] Southern Greenbelt Encounter Table: Forest [1d100 = 39]
GM:  [1d100 = 90]
[960 XP] -> Belthazor
[960 XP] -> Calex Shadowbourne
[960 XP] -> Lomman Stormchest
[960 XP] -> Koh
[960 XP] -> Walben Wobblekettle
Awarded XP to the Party. (4800)
[420 XP] -> Belthazor
[420 XP] -> Calex Shadowbourne
[420 XP] -> Lomman Stormchest
[420 XP] -> Koh
[420 XP] -> Walben Wobblekettle
Awarded XP to the Party. (2100)
'NickAbbey' disconnected
'Eric' disconnected
'Lacey' disconnected

This message was last edited by the GM at 18:55, Mon 31 Dec 2018.

DM
 GM, 469 posts
Wed 19 Dec 2018
at 16:44
07: The Birth of a Nation
In reply to DM (msg # 53):

December 12th 2018, Session 53 Synopsis

Lomman found the hole into the ceiling and explored it, using his boots to float and his axe to cut his way through the web-choked passage.  When he emerged, it was another wide cavern to the south.  Finding it infested with giant spiders and a pair of ettercaps, Lomman and Calex who followed him through, cut the inhabitants down.  Exploring the area they found the cave exited 30 feet high on the hill's south face.  Thoroughly going through the cavern they found some minor treasures including a magical cloak and wand.  They made camp outside and rested the night.

3rd of Neth, 4711

They spent the day exploring the area around the owlbear's former cavern.

5th of Neth, 4711

Hex Explored.

7th of Neth, 4711

Hex Explored

9th of Neth, 4711

Hex Explored

10th of Neth, 4711

On the 10th of Neth, their circumnavigation of the owlbear's cavern's surrounding areas led to the group spotting a dragon! When they got closer, they could tell it was not a true dragon, but a forest drake.  They dispatched the beast quickly as it was the cause of some lumbermen's deaths.

11th of Neth, 4711

Hex Explored

13th of Neth, 4711

Hex Explored

14th of Neth, 4711

They made their way across the Murque River early in the day on the 14th, eager to head back to Hexhill.  As they made their way to the Skunk River Ford in the late afternoon, the group was attacked by a trio of Wisps, which they dealt with quite handily.

15th of Neth, 4711

Late in the evening, pushing through the first major snow of the season and missing the comforts of civilization, the group returned to Hexhill after being away for over a month. Between their venture to Candlemere Island and the Abandoned Elven Keep, it's been nearly two and a half months of travel and high adventure.  With the coming snows, the group decided to stay closer to home through the harsh winter months.
DM
 GM, 473 posts
Tue 25 Dec 2018
at 14:33
07: The Birth of a Nation
In reply to DM (msg # 54):

Unedited Chatlog Session 54, December 18th 2018

Calex Shadowbourne: (POLL) expand into tuskwater lake>
GM: (LINK)
(LINK)
Calex Shadowbourne: Kingdom Summary Treasury: 42 BP Unrest: 0 Unrest Size 7: 1 Settlement, 4 Farm, 2 Mine, with 7 Roads and 2 Bridges Consumption: 0 Control DC: 27 Economy: +42 Stability: +22 Loyalty: +19 Kingdom Improvements: 4 Farm, 2 Mine, 7 roads, 2 Bridges Settlement Features: 1 Castle, 1 Stable, 1 Smith, Shop, Inn, 1 Dump, 1 Mill, 3 House
GM: +22
GM: DC 29
Lomman Stormchest: +22 [1d20+22 = 36]
Calex Shadowbourne: +42 [1d20+42 = 52]
'Lacey' connection lost. Waiting for reconnect
'Lacey' disconnected
GM:  [1d100 = 31]
GM:  [1d100 = 69]
Gudrin River: The waters of this river are unusually clear; the river itself runs slow and deep, averaging 450 feet across and 150 feet deep at the deepest point.
Walben Wobblekettle: [SKILL] Knowledge (nature) [1d20+13 = 23]
'Lacey' connected
Calex Shadowbourne: Haste
Effect ['Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex'] -> [to Belthazor] [by Calex Shadowbourne]
Effect ['Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex'] -> [to Taboo] [by Calex Shadowbourne]
Effect ['Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex'] -> [to Lomman Stormchest] [by Calex Shadowbourne]
Effect ['Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex'] -> [to Perlivash] [by Calex Shadowbourne]
Effect ['Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex'] -> [to Koh] [by Calex Shadowbourne]
Effect ['Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex'] -> [to Walben Wobblekettle] [by Calex Shadowbourne]
Effect ['Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex'] -> [to Calex Shadowbourne]
Lomman Stormchest: [SAVE] Fortitude [1d20+10 = 28]
Lomman Stormchest: [SAVE] Fortitude [1d20+10 = 13]
Lomman Stormchest: [SAVE] Fortitude [+2] [1d20+12 = 27]
Lomman Stormchest: [SKILL] Perception [1d20+5 = 24]
Lomman Stormchest: [SKILL] Perception [1d20+5 = 7]
Tendriculos: [SKILL] Stealth [1d20+5 = 25]
Tendriculos: [ATTACK #2 (M)] Tentacles [FULL] [1d20+6 = 24]
Attack [24] -> [at Lomman Stormchest] [DEF EFFECTS +1] [HIT]
Tendriculos: [ATTACK (M)] Tentacles [FULL] [1d20+6 = 12]
Attack [12] -> [at Lomman Stormchest] [DEF EFFECTS +1] [MISS]
Tendriculos: [DAMAGE (M)] Bite [TYPE: piercing,slashing,bludgeoning (2d6+7=12)] [2d6+7 = 12]
Damage [12] -> [to Lomman Stormchest] [STATUS: Wounded]
Calex Shadowbourne: [INIT] [1d20+8 = 26]
Perlivash: [INIT] [1d20+3 = 6]
Lomman Stormchest: [INIT] [1d20+1 = 21]
Walben Wobblekettle: [INIT] [1d20+10 = 18]
GM: +15 [1d20+15 = 24]
Effect ['Grappled'] -> [to Lomman Stormchest]
[TURN] Calex Shadowbourne - [Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex; [D: 8] | Fiendish Resistance; RESIST: 5 cold; RESIST: 5 fire; RESIST: 5 electricity]
Effect ['Flying 60''] -> [to Calex Shadowbourne]
Calex Shadowbourne: Fly
Calex Shadowbourne: [SAVE] Fortitude [1d20+9 = 15]
Tendriculos: [ATTACK (M)] Tentacles [1d20+6 = 24]
Attack [24] -> [at Calex Shadowbourne] [DEF EFFECTS +1] [HIT]
Tendriculos: [DAMAGE (M)] Tentacles [TYPE: bludgeoning (1d6+3=8)] [1d6+3 = 8]
Damage [8] -> [to Calex Shadowbourne] [STATUS: Wounded]
Effect ['Arcane Pool; DMG: 2; ATK: 2; DMGTYPE: magic'] -> [to Calex Shadowbourne]
Calex Shadowbourne: Arcane Pool (Sw) [1 PP]
Calex Shadowbourne: shocking burst(Su) [2 PP]
Effect ['Shocking Burst; DMGTYPE: electricity; DMG: 1d6'] -> [to Calex Shadowbourne]
Calex Shadowbourne: [ATTACK (M)] +1 Cold Iron Scimitar (1H) [MOD:DEX] [CRIT 15] [EFFECTS +2] [1d20+15 = 29]
Attack [29] -> [at Tendriculos] [HIT]
Calex Shadowbourne: [DAMAGE (M)] +1 Cold Iron Scimitar (1H) [EFFECTS 1d6+2] [TYPE: magic, cold iron, slashing,electricity (2d6+9=17)] [1d6+1p6+9 = 17]
Damage [17] -> [to Tendriculos] [STATUS: Wounded]
[TURN] Lomman Stormchest - [Power Attack (one handed); ATK: -2 melee; CMB: -2 melee; DMG: 4 melee | Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex; [D: 8] | Grappled]
Lomman Stormchest: [ATTACK (M)] Waraxe, dwarven [CRIT 19] [EFFECTS -4] [1d20+10 = 20]
Lomman Stormchest: [ATTACK (M)] Waraxe, dwarven [CRIT 19] [EFFECTS -4] [20]
Attack [20] -> [at Tendriculos] [HIT]
Calex Shadowbourne: [ATTACK (M)] Waraxe, dwarven [CRIT 19] [EFFECTS -4] [20]
Attack [20] -> [at Tendriculos] [HIT]
Lomman Stormchest: [DAMAGE (M)] Waraxe, dwarven [EFFECTS +4] [TYPE: slashing (1d10+11=12)] [1d10+11 = 12]
Damage [12] -> [to Tendriculos]
Lomman Stormchest: [ATTACK (M)] Waraxe, dwarven [CRIT 19] [EFFECTS -4] [1d20+10 = 13]
Attack [13] -> [at Tendriculos] [MISS]
Lomman Stormchest: [ATTACK (M)] Waraxe, dwarven [CRIT 19] [EFFECTS -4] [1d20+10 = 24]
Attack [24] -> [at Tendriculos] [HIT]
Lomman Stormchest: [DAMAGE (M)] Waraxe, dwarven [EFFECTS +4] [TYPE: slashing (1d10+11=17)] [1d10+11 = 17]
Damage [17] -> [to Tendriculos]
Calex Shadowbourne: [SAVE] Fortitude [1d20+9 = 24]
Lomman Stormchest: [SAVE] Fortitude [1d20+10 = 16]
[TURN] Walben Wobblekettle - [Bond to the Land 11(Forrest); AC: 2 | Mage Armor; AC: 4 | Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex; [D: 8]]
Effect ['Paralyzed'] -> [to Lomman Stormchest] [by Walben Wobblekettle]
Walben Wobblekettle: [CAST] Scorching Ray [at Tendriculos]
Walben Wobblekettle: [ATTACK (R)] Scorching Ray [TOUCH] [1d20+9 = 28]
Attack [28] -> [at Tendriculos] [HIT]
Walben Wobblekettle: [DAMAGE] Scorching Ray [TYPE: fire,spell (4d6=11)] [4d6 = 11]
Damage [11] -> [to Tendriculos]
Walben Wobblekettle: [DAMAGE] Scorching Ray [TYPE: fire,spell (4d6=13)] [4d6 = 13]
Damage [13] -> [to Tendriculos] [STATUS: Heavy]
Walben Wobblekettle: [CAST] Scorching Ray [at Tendriculos]
Walben Wobblekettle: [ATTACK (R)] Scorching Ray [TOUCH] [1d20+9 = 25]
Attack [25] -> [at Tendriculos] [HIT]
[TURN] Tendriculos
GM: +15 [1d20+15 = 18]
Tendriculos: [ATTACK (M)] Bite [1d20+11 = 27]
Attack [27] -> [at Tendriculos] [HIT]
Tendriculos: [DAMAGE (M)] Bite [TYPE: piercing,slashing,bludgeoning (2d6+7=14)] [2d6+7 = 14]
Damage [14] -> [to Tendriculos]
Tendriculos: [ATTACK (M)] Tentacles [1d20+6 = 15]
Attack [15] -> [at Calex Shadowbourne] [DEF EFFECTS +1] [MISS]
Tendriculos: [ATTACK (M)] Tentacles [1d20+6 = 21]
Attack [21] -> [at Calex Shadowbourne] [DEF EFFECTS +1] [MISS]
[TURN] Perlivash - [Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex; [D: 8] | Invisible]
Perlivash: [SAVE] Fortitude [1d20+7 = 25]
Perlivash: Grease
[TURN] Taboo - [Power Attack; ATK: -2 melee; CMD: -2 melee; DMG: 4 melee | Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex; [D: 7]]
Taboo: [ATTACK (M)] bite [EFFECTS -2] [1d20+11 = 15]
Attack [15] -> [at Tendriculos] [MISS]
[TURN] Belthazor - [Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex; [D: 7]]
Taboo: [SAVE] Fortitude [1d20+8 = 21]
[TURN] Koh - [Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex; [D: 7]]
Koh: [SAVE] Fortitude [1d20+7 = 12]
GM:  [2d6 = 7]
Effect ['Nauseated'] -> [to Koh]
[ROUND 7]
[TURN] Calex Shadowbourne - [Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex; [D: 7] | Flying 60'; [D: 79] | Fiendish Resistance; RESIST: 5 cold; RESIST: 5 fire; RESIST: 5 electricity | Arcane Pool; DMG: 2; ATK: 2; DMGTYPE: magic; [D: 9] | Shocking Burst; DMGTYPE: electricity; DMG: 1d6; [D: 9]]
Walben Wobblekettle: [SAVE] Fortitude [1d20+6 = 23]
Calex Shadowbourne: [CONCENTRATION] [MOD:INT] [1d20+14 = 34]
Calex Shadowbourne: lvl 1 Shocking Grasp (I) (L)
Calex Shadowbourne: [SAVE] Fortitude [1d20+9 = 24]
Calex Shadowbourne: [ATTACK (M)] +1 Cold Iron Scimitar (1H) [MOD:DEX] [CRIT 15] [EFFECTS +2] [1d20+15 = 27]
Attack [27] -> [at Tendriculos] [HIT]
Calex Shadowbourne: [DAMAGE (M)] +1 Cold Iron Scimitar (1H) [EFFECTS 1d6+2] [TYPE: magic, cold iron, slashing,electricity (2d6+9=11)] [1d6+1p6+9 = 11]
Damage [11] -> [to Tendriculos]
Calex Shadowbourne: [DAMAGE] lvl 1 Shocking Grasp (I) (L) [TYPE: electricity,spell (9d6=38)] [9d6 = 38]
Damage [38] -> [to Tendriculos] [STATUS: Dying]
Calex Shadowbourne: [ATTACK #2 (M)] +1 Cold Iron Scimitar (1H) [MOD:DEX] [CRIT 15] [FULL] [EFFECTS +2] [1d20+10 = 17]
Attack [17] -> [at Tendriculos] [MISS]
Calex Shadowbourne: [ATTACK (M)] +1 Cold Iron Scimitar (1H) [MOD:DEX] [CRIT 15] [FULL] [EFFECTS +2] [1d20+15 = 22]
Attack [22] -> [at Tendriculos] [HIT]
Calex Shadowbourne: [DAMAGE (M)] +1 Cold Iron Scimitar (1H) [EFFECTS 1d6+2] [TYPE: magic, cold iron, slashing,electricity (2d6+9=18)] [1d6+1p6+9 = 18]
Damage [18] -> [to Tendriculos] [STATUS: Dead]
Calex Shadowbourne: [ATTACK (M)] +1 Cold Iron Scimitar (1H) [MOD:DEX] [CRIT 15] [EFFECTS +2] [1d20+15 = 23]
Attack [23] -> [at Tendriculos] [HIT]
Calex Shadowbourne: [DAMAGE (M)] +1 Cold Iron Scimitar (1H) [EFFECTS 1d6+2] [TYPE: magic, cold iron, slashing,electricity (2d6+9=15)] [1d6+1p6+9 = 15]
Damage [15] -> [to Tendriculos]
Walben Wobblekettle: [ABILITY] Charisma check [1d20+6 = 14]
GM:  [1d100 = 89]
Lomman Stormchest: [SKILL] Survival [1d20+12 = 16]
Koh: [SKILL] Survival [1d20+9 = 13]
Calex Shadowbourne: [SKILL] Survival [1d20 = 3]
Belthazor: [SKILL] Survival [1d20+2 = 20]
Taboo: [SKILL] Survival [+2] [1d20+4 = 23]
Walben Wobblekettle: [SKILL] Survival [+2] [1d20+13 = 28]
A narrow path winds its way up the hill, a steep cliff face on one side and a sheer drop-off on the other. At the top, the path follows a wide ledge, where the corner of a weathered stone building juts from the side of the hill.
Calex Shadowbourne: [SKILL] Climb [1d20+1 = 15]
GM:  [1d100 = 97]
GM: Party taking overnight rest.
Walben Wobblekettle: [HEAL] Cure Light Wounds [1d8+5 = 6]
Heal [6] -> [to Lomman Stormchest]
Walben Wobblekettle: [HEAL] Cure Light Wounds [1d8+5 = 13]
Heal [12] -> [to Lomman Stormchest] [STATUS: Healthy]
Walben Wobblekettle: [CAST] Fly [at Taboo]
Walben Wobblekettle: Fly
Troll: [SKILL] Perception [1d20+8 = 15]
Walben Wobblekettle: [INIT] [1d20+10 = 25]
Belthazor: [SKILL] Stealth [1d20+9 = 13]
Troll: [SKILL] Perception [1d20+8 = 9]
Belthazor: [SKILL] Perception [+5] [1d20+17 = 18]
Lomman Stormchest: [INIT] [EFFECTS -2] [1d20-1 = 15]
Belthazor: [SKILL] Stealth [1d20+9 = 14]
[PARTY] -> [Belthazor] : Cloak of Elvenkind
Troll: [SKILL] Perception [1d20+8 = 17]
Belthazor: [SKILL] Perception [1d20+12 = 21]
Belthazor: [SKILL] Stealth [1d20+14 = 20]
Troll: [SKILL] Perception [1d20+8 = 14]
Belthazor: [SKILL] Stealth [1d20+14 = 16]
Belthazor: [SKILL] Perception [1d20+12 = 29]
Troll: [SKILL] Perception [1d20+8 = 28]
GM: -1 [1d20-1 = 14]
GM: -1 [1d20-1 = 12]
Belthazor: [SKILL] Perception [1d20+12 = 29]
GM: -1 [1d20-1 = 19]
Calex Shadowbourne: [INIT] [1d20+8 = 28]
Perlivash: [INIT] [1d20+3 = 14]
Belthazor: [INIT] [1d20+3 = 18]
Koh: [INIT] [1d20+3 = 5]
Calex Shadowbourne: Arcane Accuracy (Sw) [1 PP]
Effect ['Arcane Accuracy; ATK: 5'] -> [to Calex Shadowbourne]
Effect ['Arcane Pool; DMG: 2; ATK: 2; DMGTYPE: magic'] -> [to Calex Shadowbourne]
Calex Shadowbourne: Flaming burst(Su) [2 PP]
Effect ['Flaming Burst; DMGTYPE: fire; DMG: 1d6'] -> [to Calex Shadowbourne]
Effect ['Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex'] -> [to Belthazor] [by Calex Shadowbourne]
Effect ['Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex'] -> [to Lomman Stormchest] [by Calex Shadowbourne]
Effect ['Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex'] -> [to Calex Shadowbourne]
Effect ['Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex'] -> [to Walben Wobblekettle] [by Calex Shadowbourne]
Effect ['Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex'] -> [to Koh] [by Calex Shadowbourne]
Effect ['Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex'] -> [to Taboo] [by Calex Shadowbourne]
Effect ['Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex'] -> [to Perlivash] [by Calex Shadowbourne]
Calex Shadowbourne: Haste
[TURN] Calex Shadowbourne - [Fiendish Resistance; RESIST: 5 cold; RESIST: 5 fire; RESIST: 5 electricity | Arcane Pool; DMG: 2; ATK: 2; DMGTYPE: magic; [D: 10] | Flaming Burst; DMGTYPE: fire; DMG: 1d6; [D: 10] | Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex; [D: 8]]
[TURN] Walben Wobblekettle - [Bond to the Land 11(Forrest); AC: 2 | Mage Armor; AC: 4 | Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex; [D: 8]]
Walben Wobblekettle: [CAST] Fireball [at Troll 2]
Walben Wobblekettle: [CAST] Fireball [at Troll 3]
Troll 3: [SAVE] Reflex [1d20+4 = 18]
Save [18][vs. DC 19] -> [for Troll 3] [vs Walben Wobblekettle] [FAILURE]
Troll 2: [SAVE] Reflex [1d20+4 = 5]
Save [5][vs. DC 19] -> [for Troll 2] [vs Walben Wobblekettle] [FAILURE]
Walben Wobblekettle: [DAMAGE] Fireball [TYPE: fire,spell (8d6=26)] [8d6 = 26]
Effect ['REGEN: 5 acid or fire'] -> [DISABLED] [on Troll 2]
Damage [26] -> [to Troll 2] [STATUS: Wounded]
Effect ['REGEN: 5 acid or fire'] -> [DISABLED] [on Troll 3]
Damage [26] -> [to Troll 3] [STATUS: Wounded]
[TURN] Belthazor - [Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex; [D: 8]]
Effect ['Sneak Attack; DMG: 2d6'] -> [to Belthazor]
Belthazor: [ATTACK (R)] Crossbow, hand [CRIT 19] [COVER -2] [1d20+5 = 14]
Attack [14] -> [at Troll 2] [MISS]
Belthazor: [DAMAGE (R)] Crossbow, hand [EFFECTS 2d6] [TYPE: piercing (2d6+1d4=9)] [1d4+2p6 = 9]
Damage [9] -> [to Troll 2]
Belthazor: [ATTACK (R)] Crossbow, hand [CRIT 19] [1d20+7 = 23]
Attack [23] -> [at Troll 2] [HIT]
Belthazor: [DAMAGE (R)] Crossbow, hand [EFFECTS 2d6] [TYPE: piercing (2d6+1d4=10)] [1d4+2p6 = 10]
Damage [10] -> [to Troll 2]
Effect ['Sneak Attack; DMG: 3d6'] -> [to Belthazor]
Belthazor: [DAMAGE (R)] Crossbow, hand [EFFECTS 5d6] [TYPE: piercing (5d6+1d4=21)] [1d4+5p6 = 21]
Damage [21] -> [to Troll 2] [STATUS: Heavy]
GM:  [1d6 = 2]
[TURN] Lomman Stormchest - [Power Attack (one handed); ATK: -2 melee; CMB: -2 melee; DMG: 4 melee | Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex; [D: 8]]
Lomman Stormchest: [ATTACK (M)] Waraxe, dwarven [CRIT 19] [EFFECTS -2] [1d20+12 = 18]
Lomman Stormchest: [ATTACK (M)] Waraxe, dwarven [CRIT 19] [EFFECTS -2] [18]
Attack [18] -> [at Troll 3] [HIT]
Troll 2: [SAVE] Fortitude [1d20+11 = 19]
Lomman Stormchest: [DAMAGE (M)] Waraxe, dwarven [EFFECTS 1d10+4] [TYPE: slashing (2d10+11=28)] [1d10+1p10+11 = 28]
Damage [28] -> [to Troll 3] [STATUS: Heavy]
Lomman Stormchest: [ATTACK (M)] Waraxe, dwarven [CRIT 19] [EFFECTS -2] [1d20+12 = 21]
Attack [21] -> [at Troll 2] [HIT]
Lomman Stormchest: [DAMAGE (M)] Waraxe, dwarven [EFFECTS +4] [TYPE: slashing (1d10+11=18)] [1d10+11 = 18]
Damage [18] -> [to Troll 2] [STATUS: Heavy]
[TURN] Perlivash - [Invisible | Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex; [D: 8]]
[TURN] Troll 3
Troll 3: [ATTACK (M)] Claw [1d20+8 = 16]
Attack [16] -> [at Lomman Stormchest] [DEF EFFECTS +1] [MISS]
Troll 3: [ATTACK (M)] Claw [1d20+8 = 24]
Attack [24] -> [at Lomman Stormchest] [DEF EFFECTS +1] [HIT]
Calex Shadowbourne: (LINK)
(LINK)
Calex Shadowbourne: Bonuses are numerical values that are added to checks and statistical scores. Most bonuses have a type, and as a general rule, bonuses of the same type are not cumulative (do not ďstackĒ)óonly the greater bonus granted applies. The important aspect of bonus types is that two bonuses of the same type donít generally stack. With the exception of dodge bonuses, most circumstance bonuses, and racial bonuses, only the better bonus of a given type works. Bonuses without a type always stack, unless they are from the same source.
Troll 3: [DAMAGE (M)] Claw [TYPE: bludgeoning,slashing (1d6+5=10)] [1d6+5 = 10]
Damage [10] -> [to Lomman Stormchest] [STATUS: Wounded]
[TURN] Trollhound 2
[TURN] Trollhound 3
[TURN] Troll 4
[TURN] Trollhound 1
[TURN] Koh - [Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex; [D: 8]]
Koh: [ATTACK (M)] +1 Falcata (Main) [CRIT 19] [1d20+11 = 20]
Attack [20] -> [at Troll 3] [HIT]
Koh: [DAMAGE (M)] +1 Falcata (Main) [TYPE: slashing, magic (1d8+7=11)] [1d8+7 = 11]
Damage [11] -> [to Troll 3]
Koh: [ATTACK (M)] Cold Iron Falcata (Off) [CRIT 19] [1d20+11 = 29]
Attack [29] -> [at Troll 3] [HIT]
Koh: [DAMAGE (M)] Cold Iron Falcata (Off) [TYPE: slashing, cold iron (1d8+3=6)] [1d8+3 = 6]
Damage [6] -> [to Troll 3]
Koh: [ATTACK #2 (M)] +1 Falcata (Single) [CRIT 19] [1d20+9 = 17]
Attack [17] -> [at Troll 3] [HIT]
Koh: [DAMAGE (M)] +1 Falcata (Single) [TYPE: slashing, magic (1d8+6=13)] [1d8+6 = 13]
Damage [13] -> [to Troll 3] [STATUS: Dying]
Koh: [ATTACK (M)] +1 Falcata (Single) [CRIT 19] [1d20+14 = 32]
Attack [32] -> [at Troll 3] [HIT]
Koh: [DAMAGE (M)] +1 Falcata (Single) [TYPE: slashing, magic (1d8+6=14)] [1d8+6 = 14]
Damage [14] -> [to Troll 3]
[TURN] Troll 1
[TURN] Troll 2
Troll 2: [ATTACK (M)] Claw [1d20+8 = 21]
Attack [21] -> [at Lomman Stormchest] [DEF EFFECTS +1] [MISS]
Troll 2: [ATTACK (M)] Claw [1d20+8 = 11]
Attack [11] -> [at Lomman Stormchest] [DEF EFFECTS +1] [MISS]
[TURN] Taboo - [Power Attack; ATK: -2 melee; CMD: -2 melee; DMG: 4 melee | Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex; [D: 8]]
Taboo: [INIT] [1d20+4 = 15]
[TURN] Calex Shadowbourne - [Fiendish Resistance; RESIST: 5 cold; RESIST: 5 fire; RESIST: 5 electricity | Arcane Pool; DMG: 2; ATK: 2; DMGTYPE: magic; [D: 10] | Flaming Burst; DMGTYPE: fire; DMG: 1d6; [D: 10] | Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex; [D: 8]]
Troll 2: [ATTACK (M)] Claw [1d20+8 = 9]
Attack [9] -> [at Calex Shadowbourne] [DEF EFFECTS +1] [AUTOMATIC MISS]
[TURN] Walben Wobblekettle - [Bond to the Land 11(Forrest); AC: 2 | Mage Armor; AC: 4 | Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex; [D: 8]]
Walben Wobblekettle: [CAST] Fireball [at Trollhound 3]
Walben Wobblekettle: [CAST] Fireball [at Troll 3]
Walben Wobblekettle: [CAST] Fireball [at Troll 1]
Walben Wobblekettle: [CAST] Fireball [at Troll 2]
Walben Wobblekettle: [CAST] Fireball [at Troll 4]
Troll 2: [SAVE] Reflex [1d20+4 = 11]
Save [11][vs. DC 19] -> [for Troll 2] [vs Walben Wobblekettle] [FAILURE]
Troll 4: [SAVE] Reflex [1d20+4 = 12]
Save [12][vs. DC 19] -> [for Troll 4] [vs Walben Wobblekettle] [FAILURE]
Troll 3: [SAVE] Reflex [1d20+4 = 21]
Save [21][vs. DC 19] -> [for Troll 3] [vs Walben Wobblekettle] [SUCCESS]
Trollhound 3: [SAVE] Reflex [1d20+5 = 18]
Save [18][vs. DC 19] -> [for Trollhound 3] [vs Walben Wobblekettle] [FAILURE]
Troll 1: [SAVE] Reflex [1d20+4 = 23]
Save [23][vs. DC 19] -> [for Troll 1] [vs Walben Wobblekettle] [SUCCESS]
Walben Wobblekettle: [DAMAGE] Fireball [TYPE: fire,spell (8d6=25)] [8d6 = 25]
Damage [25] -> [to Trollhound 3] [STATUS: Wounded]
Effect ['REGEN: 5 acid or fire'] -> [DISABLED] [on Troll 3]
Damage [12] -> [to Troll 3] [HALF] [STATUS: Dead]
Effect ['REGEN: 5 acid or fire'] -> [DISABLED] [on Troll 1]
Damage [12] -> [to Troll 1] [HALF] [STATUS: Wounded]
Effect ['REGEN: 5 acid or fire'] -> [DISABLED] [on Troll 2]
Damage [25] -> [to Troll 2]
Effect ['REGEN: 5 acid or fire'] -> [DISABLED] [on Troll 4]
Damage [25] -> [to Troll 4] [STATUS: Wounded]
Taboo: [DAMAGE] Fireball [TYPE: fire,spell (25)] [25]
Damage [25] -> [to Troll 1]
Effect ['Sneak Attack; DMG: 3d6'] -> [EXPIRED] [on Belthazor]
[TURN] Belthazor - [Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex; [D: 8]]
Calex Shadowbourne: Shocking Grasp
Effect ['REMOVE: Sneak Attack; DMG: 2d6'] -> [to Belthazor]
Belthazor: [ATTACK (R)] Crossbow, hand [CRIT 19] [1d20+7 = 12]
Attack [12] -> [at Troll 4] [MISS]
[TURN] Lomman Stormchest - [Power Attack (one handed); ATK: -2 melee; CMB: -2 melee; DMG: 4 melee | Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex; [D: 8]]
Lomman Stormchest: [ATTACK (M)] Waraxe, dwarven [CRIT 19] [EFFECTS -2] [1d20+12 = 25]
Attack [25] -> [at Troll 2] [HIT]
Lomman Stormchest: [DAMAGE (M)] Waraxe, dwarven [EFFECTS +4] [TYPE: slashing (1d10+11=21)] [1d10+11 = 21]
Damage [21] -> [to Troll 2] [STATUS: Dying]
Lomman Stormchest: [ATTACK (M)] Waraxe, dwarven [CRIT 19] [EFFECTS -2] [1d20+12 = 26]
Attack [26] -> [at Trollhound 3] [HIT]
Lomman Stormchest: [DAMAGE (M)] Waraxe, dwarven [EFFECTS +4] [TYPE: slashing (1d10+11=14)] [1d10+11 = 14]
Damage [14] -> [to Trollhound 3] [STATUS: Heavy]
Lomman Stormchest: [ATTACK (M)] Waraxe, dwarven [CRIT 19] [EFFECTS -2] [1d20+12 = 26]
Attack [26] -> [at Trollhound 3] [HIT]
Lomman Stormchest: [DAMAGE (M)] Waraxe, dwarven [EFFECTS +4] [TYPE: slashing (1d10+11=12)] [1d10+11 = 12]
Damage [12] -> [to Trollhound 3] [STATUS: Disabled]
[TURN] Taboo - [Power Attack; ATK: -2 melee; CMD: -2 melee; DMG: 4 melee | Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex; [D: 8]]
Taboo: [ATTACK (M)] bite [EFFECTS -2] [1d20+11 = 18]
Attack [18] -> [at Trollhound 3] [HIT]
Taboo: [DAMAGE (M)] bite [EFFECTS +4] [TYPE: untyped (2d8+11=22)] [2d8+11 = 22]
Damage [22] -> [to Trollhound 3] [STATUS: Dead]
Taboo: [ATTACK (M)] bite [EFFECTS -2] [18]
Attack [18] -> [at Troll 4] [HIT]
Taboo: [ATTACK (M)] bite [EFFECTS -2] [18]
Taboo: [DAMAGE (M)] bite [EFFECTS +4] [TYPE: untyped (22)] [22]
Damage [22] -> [to Troll 4] [STATUS: Heavy]
[TURN] Perlivash - [Invisible | Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex; [D: 8]]
Perlivash: [CAST] Lightning Bolt (3d6) [at Troll 4]
Perlivash: [CAST] Lightning Bolt (3d6) [at Trollhound 3]
Trollhound 3: [SAVE] Reflex [1d20+5 = 22]
Save [22][vs. DC 14] -> [for Trollhound 3] [vs Perlivash] [SUCCESS]
Troll 4: [SAVE] Reflex [1d20+4 = 19]
Save [19][vs. DC 14] -> [for Troll 4] [vs Perlivash] [SUCCESS]
Perlivash: [DAMAGE] Lightning Bolt (3d6) [TYPE: electricity,spell (3d6=13)] [3d6 = 13]
Damage [6] -> [to Troll 4] [HALF]
Damage [6] -> [to Trollhound 3] [HALF] [STATUS: Dying]
Calex Shadowbourne:  [2d6 = 4]
[TURN] Trollhound 2
Trollhound 2: [ATTACK (M)] Bite [1d20+8 = 13]
Attack [13] -> [at Lomman Stormchest] [DEF EFFECTS +1] [MISS]
[TURN] Troll 4
Troll 4: [ATTACK (M)] Claw [1d20+8 = 22]
Attack [22] -> [at Taboo] [DEF EFFECTS +1] [MISS]
Troll 4: [ATTACK (M)] Claw [1d20+8 = 20]
Attack [20] -> [at Taboo] [DEF EFFECTS +1] [MISS]
[TURN] Trollhound 1
[TURN] Koh - [Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex; [D: 8]]
Effect ['Death from Above; ATK: 5; AC: -2'] -> [to Koh]
Troll 1: [ATTACK (M)] Claw [1d20+8 = 10]
Attack [10] -> [at Koh] [DEF EFFECTS -1] [MISS]
Koh: [ATTACK (M)] +1 Falcata (Single) [CRIT 19] [EFFECTS +5] [1d20+19 = 37]
Attack [37] -> [at Troll 1] [HIT]
Koh: [DAMAGE (M)] +1 Falcata (Single) [TYPE: slashing, magic (1d8+6=13)] [1d8+6 = 13]
Damage [13] -> [to Troll 1] [STATUS: Heavy]
[TURN] Troll 1
Troll 1: [ATTACK (M)] Claw [1d20+8 = 18]
Attack [18] -> [at Koh] [DEF EFFECTS -1] [HIT]
Troll 1: [ATTACK (M)] Claw [1d20+8 = 20]
Attack [20] -> [at Koh] [DEF EFFECTS -1] [HIT]
Troll 1: [DAMAGE (M)] Claw [TYPE: bludgeoning,slashing (1d6+5=8)] [1d6+5 = 8]
Damage [8] -> [to Koh] [STATUS: Wounded]
Troll 1: [DAMAGE (M)] Claw [TYPE: bludgeoning,slashing (1d6+5=7)] [1d6+5 = 7]
Damage [7] -> [to Koh]
Troll 1: [DAMAGE (M)] Rend [TYPE: untyped (1d6+7=11)] [1d6+7 = 11]
Damage [11] -> [to Koh]
[ROUND 3]
[TURN] Calex Shadowbourne - [Fiendish Resistance; RESIST: 5 cold; RESIST: 5 fire; RESIST: 5 electricity | Arcane Pool; DMG: 2; ATK: 2; DMGTYPE: magic; [D: 9] | Flaming Burst; DMGTYPE: fire; DMG: 1d6; [D: 9] | Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex; [D: 7]]
Calex Shadowbourne: [SKILL] Acrobatics [1d20+6 = 8]
Troll 1: [ATTACK (M)] Claw [1d20+8 = 28]
Attack [28] -> [at Calex Shadowbourne] [DEF EFFECTS +1] [AUTOMATIC HIT]
Troll 1: [ATTACK (M)] Claw [CONFIRM] [1d20+8 = 24]
Attack [24] -> [at Calex Shadowbourne] [CRITICAL HIT]
Troll 1: [DAMAGE (M)] Claw [CRITICAL] [TYPE: bludgeoning,slashing (1d6+5=6)] [TYPE: bludgeoning,slashing,critical (1d6+5=10)] [1d6+1g6+10 = 16]
Damage [16] -> [to Calex Shadowbourne] [STATUS: Wounded]
Calex Shadowbourne: [CONCENTRATION] [MOD:INT] [1d20+14 = 31]
Calex Shadowbourne: [ATTACK (M)] +1 Cold Iron Scimitar (1H) [MOD:DEX] [CRIT 15] [EFFECTS +2] [1d20+15 = 19]
Attack [19] -> [at Troll 4] [HIT]
Calex Shadowbourne: [DAMAGE (M)] +1 Cold Iron Scimitar (1H) [EFFECTS 1d6+2] [TYPE: magic, cold iron, slashing,fire (2d6+9=15)] [1d6+1p6+9 = 15]
Effect ['REGEN: 5 acid or fire'] -> [DISABLED] [on Troll 4]
Damage [15] -> [to Troll 4]
Calex Shadowbourne: [DAMAGE] lvl 1 Shocking Grasp (I) (L) [TYPE: electricity,spell (9d6=33)] [9d6 = 33]
[TURN] Walben Wobblekettle - [Bond to the Land 11(Forrest); AC: 2 | Mage Armor; AC: 4 | Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex; [D: 7]]
Walben Wobblekettle: [CAST] Scorching Ray [at Troll 1]
Walben Wobblekettle: [ATTACK (R)] Scorching Ray [TOUCH] [1d20+9 = 23]
Attack [23] -> [at Troll 1] [HIT]
Walben Wobblekettle: [CAST] Scorching Ray [at Troll 1]
Walben Wobblekettle: [ATTACK (R)] Scorching Ray [TOUCH] [1d20+9 = 28]
Attack [28] -> [at Troll 1] [HIT]
Walben Wobblekettle: [DAMAGE] Scorching Ray [TYPE: fire,spell (4d6=19)] [4d6 = 19]
Effect ['REGEN: 5 acid or fire'] -> [DISABLED] [on Troll 1]
Damage [19] -> [to Troll 1]
Walben Wobblekettle: [DAMAGE] Scorching Ray [TYPE: fire,spell (4d6=14)] [4d6 = 14]
Damage [14] -> [to Troll 1]
[TURN] Belthazor - [Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex; [D: 7] | REMOVE: Sneak Attack; DMG: 2d6; [SINGLE]]
Effect ['Dirty Fighter; DMG: 1'] -> [to Belthazor]
Effect ['Flanking; ATK: 2'] -> [to Belthazor]
Belthazor: [SKILL] Acrobatics [1d20+9 = 27]
Belthazor: [ATTACK (M)] +1 sword, short [CRIT 19] [EFFECTS +2] [1d20+9 = 29]
Attack [29] -> [at Trollhound 2] [AUTOMATIC HIT]
Belthazor: [ATTACK (M)] +1 sword, short [CRIT 19] [EFFECTS +2] [CONFIRM] [1d20+9 = 12]
Attack [12] -> [at Trollhound 2] [CRIT NOT CONFIRMED]
Effect ['REMOVE: Sneak Attack; DMG: 2d6'] -> [SINGLE MOD USED] [on Belthazor]
Belthazor: [DAMAGE (M)] +1 sword, short [EFFECTS 2d6+1] [TYPE: piercing (3d6+5=16)] [1d6+2p6+5 = 16]
Damage [16] -> [to Trollhound 2] [STATUS: Wounded]
Effect ['Sneak Attack; DMG: 3d6'] -> [to Belthazor]
Belthazor: [DAMAGE (M)] +1 sword, short [EFFECTS 3d6+1] [TYPE: piercing (4d6+5=18)] [1d6+3p6+5 = 18]
Damage [18] -> [to Trollhound 2] [STATUS: Wounded]
[TURN] Lomman Stormchest - [Power Attack (one handed); ATK: -2 melee; CMB: -2 melee; DMG: 4 melee | Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex; [D: 7]]
Lomman Stormchest: [ATTACK (M)] Waraxe, dwarven [CRIT 19] [EFFECTS -2] [+2] [1d20+14 = 24]
Lomman Stormchest: [ATTACK (M)] Waraxe, dwarven [CRIT 19] [EFFECTS -2] [+2] [24]
Attack [24] -> [at Trollhound 2] [HIT]
Lomman Stormchest: [DAMAGE (M)] Waraxe, dwarven [EFFECTS +4] [TYPE: slashing (1d10+11=21)] [1d10+11 = 21]
Damage [21] -> [to Trollhound 2] [STATUS: Heavy]
Lomman Stormchest: [ATTACK (M)] Waraxe, dwarven [CRIT 19] [EFFECTS -2] [+2] [1d20+14 = 16]
Attack [16] -> [at Trollhound 2] [HIT]
Lomman Stormchest: [DAMAGE (M)] Waraxe, dwarven [EFFECTS +4] [TYPE: slashing (1d10+11=12)] [1d10+11 = 12]
Damage [12] -> [to Trollhound 2] [STATUS: Disabled]
Lomman Stormchest: [ATTACK (M)] Waraxe, dwarven [CRIT 19] [EFFECTS -2] [1d20+12 = 29]
Attack [29] -> [at Trollhound 2] [HIT]
Lomman Stormchest: [DAMAGE (M)] Waraxe, dwarven [EFFECTS +4] [TYPE: slashing (1d10+11=12)] [1d10+11 = 12]
Damage [12] -> [to Trollhound 2] [STATUS: Dying]
[TURN] Taboo - [Power Attack; ATK: -2 melee; CMD: -2 melee; DMG: 4 melee | Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex; [D: 7]]
Taboo: [ATTACK (M)] bite [EFFECTS -2] [1d20+11 = 23]
Attack [23] -> [at Taboo] [DEF EFFECTS +1] [MISS]
Taboo: [ATTACK (M)] bite [EFFECTS -2] [1d20+11 = 26]
Attack [26] -> [at Troll 1] [HIT]
Taboo: [ATTACK (M)] bite [EFFECTS -2] [1d20+11 = 31]
Attack [31] -> [at Trollhound 2] [AUTOMATIC HIT]
Taboo: [ATTACK (M)] bite [EFFECTS -2] [CONFIRM] [1d20+11 = 30]
Attack [30] -> [at Trollhound 2] [CRITICAL HIT]
Taboo: [ATTACK #2 (M)] claw [MOD:DEX] [FULL] [EFFECTS -2] [1d20+5 = 14]
Attack [14] -> [at Trollhound 2] [MISS]
Taboo: [ATTACK (M)] claw [MOD:DEX] [FULL] [EFFECTS -2] [1d20+10 = 28]
Attack [28] -> [at Trollhound 2] [HIT]
Taboo: [ATTACK (M)] Rake [MOD:DEX] [EFFECTS -2] [1d20+10 = 28]
Attack [28] -> [at Trollhound 2] [HIT]
Taboo: [DAMAGE (M)] bite [EFFECTS +4] [TYPE: untyped (2d8+11=21)] [2d8+11 = 21]
Damage [21] -> [to Trollhound 2] [STATUS: Dead]
Taboo: [DAMAGE (M)] claw [EFFECTS +4] [TYPE: untyped (1d10+11=19)] [1d10+11 = 19]
Damage [19] -> [to Trollhound 2]
Taboo: [DAMAGE (M)] Rake [EFFECTS +4] [TYPE: untyped (1d10+11=15)] [1d10+11 = 15]
Damage [15] -> [to Trollhound 2]
[TURN] Perlivash - [Invisible | Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex; [D: 7]]
Perlivash: Magic Missile
Perlivash: [DAMAGE] Magic Missile [TYPE: force,spell (2d4+2=5)] [2d4+2 = 5]
Damage [5] -> [to Troll 1] [STATUS: Dying]
[TURN] Troll 3
Koh: [SKILL] Perception [1d20+6 = 8]
[TURN] Troll 2
[TURN] Trollhound 1
Effect ['Death from Above; ATK: 5; AC: -2'] -> [EXPIRED] [on Koh]
[TURN] Koh - [Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex; [D: 7]]
Koh: [ATTACK (M)] +1 Falcata (Main) [CRIT 19] [1d20+11 = 28]
Attack [28] -> [at Troll 1] [HIT]
Koh: [DAMAGE (M)] +1 Falcata (Main) [TYPE: slashing, magic (1d8+7=15)] [1d8+7 = 15]
Damage [15] -> [to Troll 1]
Koh: [ATTACK (M)] Cold Iron Falcata (Off) [CRIT 19] [1d20+11 = 23]
Attack [23] -> [at Troll 1] [HIT]
Koh: [DAMAGE (M)] Cold Iron Falcata (Off) [TYPE: slashing, cold iron (1d8+3=9)] [1d8+3 = 9]
Damage [9] -> [to Troll 1] [STATUS: Dead]
[TURN] Nagrundi
[ROUND 4]
[TURN] Calex Shadowbourne - [Fiendish Resistance; RESIST: 5 cold; RESIST: 5 fire; RESIST: 5 electricity | Arcane Pool; DMG: 2; ATK: 2; DMGTYPE: magic; [D: 8] | Flaming Burst; DMGTYPE: fire; DMG: 1d6; [D: 8] | Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex; [D: 6]]
A large stone table takes up the center of this large chamber, whose walls are decorated with ancient carvings that have been defaced and vandalized with crude graffiti in several languages. A headless humanoid corpse lies atop the bloodstained table.
'NickAbbey' disconnected
'Druaz' disconnected
[480 XP] -> Belthazor
[480 XP] -> Calex Shadowbourne
[480 XP] -> Lomman Stormchest
[480 XP] -> Koh
[480 XP] -> Walben Wobblekettle
Awarded XP to the Party. (2400)
[320 XP] -> Belthazor
[320 XP] -> Calex Shadowbourne
[320 XP] -> Lomman Stormchest
[320 XP] -> Koh
[320 XP] -> Walben Wobblekettle
Awarded XP to the Party. (1600)

This message was last edited by the GM at 18:56, Mon 31 Dec 2018.

DM
 GM, 474 posts
Tue 25 Dec 2018
at 15:11
07: The Birth of a Nation
In reply to DM (msg # 55):

Fifty Fourth Session, Played on Fantasy Grounds December 19th, 2018

The date is the 19th of Kuthona 4711 in the Age of Lost Omens.

Having been away from Hexhill for such an extended period, there was much to do in town when they returned.  Having Ayami, Madden, Karros and Jhod Kavken around helped considerably as they handled the day to day running of their burgeoning country.  When talk of expanding came about, the group decided that they should claim the large lake, the Tuskwater, as their own, which would enable them to oversee travel and trade along its route. One problem to solve was relations with the Old Beldame in the swampy hut near the shores of the Tuskwater.  They certainly didn't want any problems with her or to make an enemy, but they had a problem with how to approach getting her to cede to claiming land that she had probably been living on for quite some time.  In their brief conversations with her, they learned of her desire for a rare fungus called a black rattlecap, a strange mushroom that grew on the far side of the lake.

Using Madden and Koh as scouts, they set them to exploring the region south of the wide and clear Gurdrin River to seek these out.  While exploring, Madden reported seeing several troll bands as well.  Small packs of these destructive giants roaming the lands to the east of their holdings was certainly a problem.  When the pair returned, they reported that they had found a location with numerous mushrooms at a geothermal area they both called the Mudbowl as it was nestled within a trio of hills.  Ayami divined a break in the cold weather and the group set off, planning to gather the black rattlecaps and stay out and look for the source of the trolls, at least as long as the weather held.


The date is the 23rd of Kuthona, 4711 in the age of Lost Omens.

The group set out and crossed the Shrike Bridge that was now functional. The wide stone edafice was still under construction, but most of the remaining  work was mainly cosmetic.  They entered the Kamelands and followed the shores of the Tuskwater, gaining the Gurdrin River by mid day, which they easily crossed with their magic.  Without their powers, doing so would have been difficult, even for a troll, which probably explained why their settlement hadn't seen any major problems with troll predation to date, but packs of the giants roaming the southern Kamelands was concerning. Lomman was also interested greatly in the reported dwarven watchpost on the Little Sellen River.

By late in the afternoon, the group came upon the Mudbowl, a wide area between three hills that was centered by a shallow depression of mud and a forest of fungi.  The steam from the heated mud was noxious and filled the basin with a yellowish fog that made visibility difficult.  Looking things over for a bit, they decided to use magic along with the hardy constitution of Lomman to gather the mushrooms.  Lomman raced in, magically hasted, and gathered two of the large black mushrooms before a fungal creature of immense size erupted from the mud and seized him with its great tendrils.

Forcefully, the fungal creature was dealt with and before long the black rattlecaps were harvested.  Madden raced off home with the mushrooms, and he and Karros would journey to the Old Beldame's swamp hut to make overtures of appeasement to her and try to win her to their cause.

The group made their way further south until they spotted the Shrike River flowing out of the Candlemere.  They set up camp and rested the night, set for exploring the Shrike and Little Sellen River to the east.

The date is the 24th of Kuthona, 4711 in the age of Lost Omens.

Making their way along the Shrike they came to the confluence of it and the Little Sellen River that flowed out of the Tors of Levenies.  Following that, they kept a strong lookout for the reputed dwarven watchpost and any troll activities.  Signs of troll movement were abundant and extensive.  Surely, this was a problem that they must nip in the bud.

By late in the day they found the watchpost which was cleverly concealed among the rocky hills it was situated in.  The area was rife with the signs of troll activity  Belthazor scouted his way to the doorstep before he was discovered and an alarm horn was blown.  The group burst into the watchpost which was dug into the highest of the hills in the area, and fought a pitched battle with a half dozen trolls and a few trollhounds as well, which they handled expertly taking only minor wounds. When the final troll in the area was vanquished, Koh, at the top of a stairway leading down, could hear the sounds of a trollhound's howl in the distance  as well as the gutteral speech of several trolls.

This message was last edited by the GM at 15:12, Tue 25 Dec 2018.

DM
 GM, 478 posts
Mon 31 Dec 2018
at 18:54
07: The Birth of a Nation
In reply to DM (msg # 56):

Unedited Chat log, Session 55 December 26 2018

Chat log started at 26.12.2018 / 19:19:41

Advanced Bestiary extension for Fantasy Grounds 3.0+, v1.0.1 Author ddavison
PFRPG ruleset v3.3.7 for Fantasy Grounds Copyright 2015 Smiteworks USA, LLC
3.5E ruleset v3.3.7 for Fantasy Grounds Copyright 2015 Smiteworks USA, LLC
CoreRPG ruleset v3.3.7 for Fantasy Grounds Copyright 2015 Smiteworks USA, LLC
Extension (AdvancedBestiary) loaded.
Customised Item Generator by Faelwen.
PFRPG - Raccourcis Actions (v3.3.3_A) Team CQFG - Suivez notre travail sur : (LINK)
(LINK)
PFRPG - Enhanced Items v4.1 For Fantasy Grounds v3.3+ and the Pathfinder Rulesets By Llisandur, based on the work by Sciencephile and Jwguy
'Druaz' connected
GM: hey PJ
'Eric' connected
'Druaz' connection lost. Waiting for reconnect
'Druaz' disconnected
'Druaz' connected
Lomman Stormchest: hello
Taboo: hey guys
Taboo: and ladies
Lomman Stormchest: am i that obvious
GM: hey foks
'NickAbbey' connected
'Lacey' connected
Koh: [SKILL] Perception [1d20+6 = 11]
Lomman Stormchest: [SKILL] Perception [1d20+5 = 23]
Lomman Stormchest: [SKILL] Perception [1d20+5 = 21]
Calex Shadowbourne: [SKILL] Perception [ASSIST] [1d20+8 = 20]
Walben Wobblekettle: [SKILL] Perception [1d20+14 = 24]
Taboo: [SKILL] Perception [1d20+7 = 19]
Taboo: [SKILL] Perception [1d20+7 = 21]
A large stone table takes up the center of this large chamber, whose walls are decorated with ancient carvings that have been defaced and vandalized with crude graffiti in several languages. A headless humanoid corpse lies atop the bloodstained table.
Calex Shadowbourne: [SKILL] Perception [ASSIST] [1d20+8 = 19]
[TURN] Walben Wobblekettle - [Bond to the Land 11(Forrest); AC: 2 | Mage Armor; AC: 4 | Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex; [D: 6]]
Effect ['Fighting Defensively; ATK: -4; AC: 2'] -> [to Calex Shadowbourne]
Walben Wobblekettle: Ray of Enfeeblement
Walben Wobblekettle: [CAST] Protection from Evil [at Taboo]
Walben Wobblekettle: Protection from Evil
Stacked boxes, barrels, crates, and bags fill this room from floor to ceiling and line the crude wooden shelves along the walls. A rough hole gapes in the southern wall, leading deeper into the hillside.
Walben Wobblekettle: [CAST] Protection from Evil [at Taboo]
Taboo: [CAST] Protection from Evil [at Taboo] [at Walben Wobblekettle]
Three thick chains are bolted to the northern wall, and the floor is covered with bones, half-eaten rotting meat, and mounds of foul-smelling dung.
Walben Wobblekettle: [CAST] Fireball [at Troll 2]
Walben Wobblekettle: [CAST] Fireball [at Troll 3]
Walben Wobblekettle: [CAST] Fireball [at Walben Wobblekettle]
Troll 2: [SAVE] Reflex [1d20+4 = 22]
Save [22][vs. DC 19] -> [for Troll 2] [vs Walben Wobblekettle] [SUCCESS]
Troll 3: [SAVE] Reflex [1d20+4 = 8]
Save [8][vs. DC 19] -> [for Troll 3] [vs Walben Wobblekettle] [FAILURE]
Walben Wobblekettle: [SAVE] Reflex [EFFECTS +1] [1d20+7 = 13]
Save [13][vs. DC 19] -> [for Walben Wobblekettle] [vs Walben Wobblekettle] [FAILURE]
Walben Wobblekettle: [DAMAGE] Fireball [TYPE: fire,spell (8d6=30)] [8d6 = 30]
Effect ['REGEN: 5 acid or fire'] -> [DISABLED] [on Troll 2]
Damage [15] -> [to Troll 2] [HALF] [STATUS: Wounded]
Effect ['REGEN: 5 acid or fire'] -> [DISABLED] [on Troll 3]
Damage [30] -> [to Troll 3] [STATUS: Wounded]
Damage [30] -> [to Walben Wobblekettle] [STATUS: Wounded]
Effect ['Sneak Attack; DMG: 3d6'] -> [EXPIRED] [on Belthazor]
Effect ['Dirty Fighter; DMG: 1'] -> [EXPIRED] [on Belthazor]
[TURN] Belthazor - [Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex; [D: 6] | Flanking; ATK: 2]
Belthazor: [ATTACK (R)] Crossbow, hand [CRIT 19] [EFFECTS +2] [-2] [1d20+7 = 13]
Attack [13] -> [at Troll 3] [MISS]
[TURN] Lomman Stormchest - [Power Attack (one handed); ATK: -2 melee; CMB: -2 melee; DMG: 4 melee | Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex; [D: 6]]
[TURN] Taboo - [Power Attack; ATK: -2 melee; CMD: -2 melee; DMG: 4 melee | Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex; [D: 6]]
Taboo: [ATTACK (M)] bite [EFFECTS -2] [1d20+11 = 18]
Attack [18] -> [at Taboo] [DEF EFFECTS +1] [MISS]
GM: [ATTACK (M)] bite [EFFECTS -2] [18]
Attack [18] -> [at Troll 3] [HIT]
Taboo: [ATTACK (M)] claw [MOD:DEX] [FULL] [EFFECTS -2] [1d20+10 = 19]
Attack [19] -> [at Troll 3] [HIT]
Taboo: [ATTACK (M)] claw [MOD:DEX] [FULL] [EFFECTS -2] [1d20+10 = 25]
Attack [25] -> [at Taboo] [DEF EFFECTS +1] [HIT]
Taboo: [ATTACK #2 (M)] claw [MOD:DEX] [FULL] [EFFECTS -2] [1d20+5 = 11]
Attack [11] -> [at Taboo] [DEF EFFECTS +1] [MISS]
Taboo: [ATTACK #2 (M)] claw [MOD:DEX] [FULL] [EFFECTS -2] [1d20+5 = 23]
Attack [23] -> [at Troll 3] [HIT]
Taboo: [DAMAGE (M)] bite [EFFECTS +4] [TYPE: untyped (2d8+11=19)] [2d8+11 = 19]
Damage [19] -> [to Taboo] [STATUS: Wounded]
Taboo: [DAMAGE (M)] bite [EFFECTS +4] [TYPE: untyped (2d8+11=22)] [2d8+11 = 22]
Damage [22] -> [to Troll 3] [STATUS: Heavy]
[TURN] Perlivash - [Invisible | Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex; [D: 6]]
Perlivash: [SKILL] Perception [ASSIST] [1d20+15 = 21]
[TURN] Troll 3
Troll 3: [ATTACK (M)] Claw [1d20+8 = 14]
Attack [14] -> [at Taboo] [DEF EFFECTS +1] [MISS]
Troll 3: [ATTACK (M)] Claw [1d20+8 = 21]
Attack [21] -> [at Taboo] [DEF EFFECTS +1] [MISS]
[TURN] Kargadd
[TURN] Troll 2
[TURN] Hargulka
[TURN] Trollhound 1
[TURN] Koh - [Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex; [D: 6]]
Troll 3: [ATTACK (M)] Bite [1d20+8 = 12]
Attack [12] -> [at Koh] [DEF EFFECTS +1] [MISS]
Koh: [ATTACK (M)] +1 Falcata (Single) [CRIT 19] [1d20+14 = 30]
Attack [30] -> [at Troll 3] [HIT]
Koh: [DAMAGE (M)] +1 Falcata (Single) [TYPE: slashing, magic (1d8+6=13)] [1d8+6 = 13]
Damage [13] -> [to Troll 3]
[TURN] Nagrundi
[ROUND 5]
[TURN] Calex Shadowbourne - [Fiendish Resistance; RESIST: 5 cold; RESIST: 5 fire; RESIST: 5 electricity | Arcane Pool; DMG: 2; ATK: 2; DMGTYPE: magic; [D: 7] | Flaming Burst; DMGTYPE: fire; DMG: 1d6; [D: 7] | Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex; [D: 5]]
Calex Shadowbourne: [SKILL] Acrobatics [1d20+6 = 21]
Troll 3: [ATTACK (M)] Bite [1d20+8 = 26]
Attack [26] -> [at Calex Shadowbourne] [DEF EFFECTS +1] [HIT]
Troll 3: [DAMAGE (M)] Bite [TYPE: piercing,slashing,bludgeoning (1d8+5=9)] [1d8+5 = 9]
Damage [9] -> [to Calex Shadowbourne]
Calex Shadowbourne: [CONCENTRATION] [MOD:INT] [1d20+13 = 18]
Calex Shadowbourne: Corrosive Touch
Calex Shadowbourne: Corrosive Touch
Calex Shadowbourne: Shocking Grasp
Calex Shadowbourne: [ATTACK (M)] +1 Cold Iron Scimitar (1H) [MOD:DEX] [CRIT 15] [EFFECTS +2] [+2] [1d20+17 = 19]
Attack [19] -> [at Troll 3] [HIT]
Calex Shadowbourne: [DAMAGE] lvl 1 Shocking Grasp (I) (L) [TYPE: electricity,spell (9d6=33)] [9d6 = 33]
Damage [33] -> [to Troll 3] [STATUS: Dying]
Calex Shadowbourne: [DAMAGE (M)] +1 Cold Iron Scimitar (1H) [EFFECTS 1d6+2] [TYPE: magic, cold iron, slashing,fire (2d6+9=18)] [1d6+1p6+9 = 18]
Effect ['REGEN: 5 acid or fire'] -> [DISABLED] [on Troll 3]
Damage [18] -> [to Troll 3] [STATUS: Dead]
[TURN] Walben Wobblekettle - [Bond to the Land 11(Forrest); AC: 2 | Mage Armor; AC: 4 | Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex; [D: 5]]
Walben Wobblekettle: [CAST] Scorching Ray [at Walben Wobblekettle]
Walben Wobblekettle: [CAST] Scorching Ray [at Trollhound 1]
Walben Wobblekettle: [ATTACK (R)] Scorching Ray [TOUCH] [1d20+9 = 29]
Attack [29] -> [at Walben Wobblekettle] [DEF EFFECTS +7] [AUTOMATIC HIT]
Walben Wobblekettle: [ATTACK (R)] Scorching Ray [TOUCH] [1d20+9 = 12]
Attack [12] -> [at Trollhound 1] [HIT]
Walben Wobblekettle: [ATTACK (R)] Scorching Ray [TOUCH] [CONFIRM] [1d20+9 = 19]
Attack [19] -> [at Walben Wobblekettle] [CRIT NOT CONFIRMED]
Walben Wobblekettle: [DAMAGE] Scorching Ray [TYPE: fire,spell (4d6=11)] [4d6 = 11]
Damage [11] -> [to Walben Wobblekettle] [STATUS: Wounded]
Damage [11] -> [to Trollhound 1] [STATUS: Wounded]
Walben Wobblekettle: [DAMAGE] Scorching Ray [TYPE: fire,spell (4d6=9)] [4d6 = 9]
Damage [9] -> [to Walben Wobblekettle]
Damage [9] -> [to Trollhound 1]
[TURN] Belthazor - [Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex; [D: 5] | Flanking; ATK: 2]
[TURN] Lomman Stormchest - [Power Attack (one handed); ATK: -2 melee; CMB: -2 melee; DMG: 4 melee | Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex; [D: 5]]
[TURN] Taboo - [Power Attack; ATK: -2 melee; CMD: -2 melee; DMG: 4 melee | Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex; [D: 5]]
Taboo: [ATTACK (M)] bite [EFFECTS -2] [1d20+11 = 24]
Attack [24] -> [at Trollhound 1] [HIT]
Taboo: [ATTACK (M)] bite [EFFECTS -2] [1d20+11 = 25]
Attack [25] -> [at Taboo] [DEF EFFECTS +1] [HIT]
Taboo: [ATTACK #2 (M)] claw [MOD:DEX] [FULL] [EFFECTS -2] [1d20+5 = 8]
Attack [8] -> [at Trollhound 1] [MISS]
Taboo: [ATTACK (M)] claw [MOD:DEX] [FULL] [EFFECTS -2] [1d20+10 = 26]
Attack [26] -> [at Trollhound 1] [HIT]
Taboo: [ATTACK #2 (M)] claw [MOD:DEX] [FULL] [EFFECTS -2] [1d20+5 = 19]
Attack [19] -> [at Taboo] [DEF EFFECTS +1] [MISS]
Taboo: [ATTACK (M)] claw [MOD:DEX] [FULL] [EFFECTS -2] [1d20+10 = 25]
Attack [25] -> [at Taboo] [DEF EFFECTS +1] [HIT]
Taboo: [DAMAGE (M)] bite [EFFECTS +4] [TYPE: untyped (2d8+11=20)] [2d8+11 = 20]
Damage [20] -> [to Taboo]
Taboo: [DAMAGE (M)] bite [EFFECTS +4] [TYPE: untyped (2d8+11=19)] [2d8+11 = 19]
Damage [19] -> [to Trollhound 1] [STATUS: Heavy]
Taboo: [DAMAGE (M)] claw [EFFECTS +4] [TYPE: untyped (1d10+11=13)] [1d10+11 = 13]
Damage [13] -> [to Taboo] [STATUS: Heavy]
Taboo: [DAMAGE (M)] claw [EFFECTS +4] [TYPE: untyped (1d10+11=15)] [1d10+11 = 15]
Damage [15] -> [to Trollhound 1] [STATUS: Dying]
Taboo: [DAMAGE (M)] Rake [EFFECTS +4] [TYPE: untyped (1d10+11=17)] [1d10+11 = 17]
Damage [17] -> [to Trollhound 1] [STATUS: Dead]
[TURN] Perlivash - [Invisible | Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex; [D: 5]]
[TURN] Kargadd
GM: [REGEN] Regeneration [TYPE: untyped (5)] [5]
Regeneration [5] -> [to Troll 2]
[TURN] Troll 2
[TURN] Hargulka
Koh: [SAVE] Reflex [EFFECTS +1] [1d20+5 = 13]
Calex Shadowbourne: [SAVE] Reflex [EFFECTS +1] [1d20+9 = 17]
Taboo: [SAVE] Reflex [EFFECTS +1] [1d20+10 = 29]
Lomman Stormchest: [SAVE] Reflex [EFFECTS +1] [1d20+4 = 16]
Walben Wobblekettle: [SAVE] Reflex [EFFECTS +1] [1d20+7 = 14]
Walben Wobblekettle: [SKILL] Knowledge (arcana) [1d20+13 = 24]
GM:  [1d6 = 5]
GM:  [1d6 = 1]
GM:  [8d6 = 30]
[TURN] Koh - [Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex; [D: 5]]
Hargulka: [ATTACK (M)] +1 darkwood thundering morningstar [1d20+16 = 30]
Attack [30] -> [at Koh] [DEF EFFECTS +1] [HIT]
Calex Shadowbourne: fireball; 8d6 fire
Hargulka: [DAMAGE (M)] +1 darkwood thundering morningstar [TYPE: bludgeoning,piercing,magic (2d6+9=15)] [2d6+9 = 15]
Damage [15] -> [to Koh]
Koh: [ATTACK (M)] +1 Falcata (Single) [CRIT 19] [1d20+14 = 27]
Attack [27] -> [at Hargulka] [HIT]
Koh: [DAMAGE (M)] +1 Falcata (Single) [TYPE: slashing, magic (1d8+6=14)] [1d8+6 = 14]
Damage [14] -> [to Hargulka] [STATUS: Wounded]
[TURN] Nagrundi
[ROUND 6]
[TURN] Calex Shadowbourne - [Fiendish Resistance; RESIST: 5 cold; RESIST: 5 fire; RESIST: 5 electricity | Arcane Pool; DMG: 2; ATK: 2; DMGTYPE: magic; [D: 6] | Flaming Burst; DMGTYPE: fire; DMG: 1d6; [D: 6] | Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex; [D: 4]]
Calex Shadowbourne: Shocking Grasp
Hargulka: [ATTACK (M)] +1 darkwood thundering morningstar [1d20+16 = 31]
Attack [31] -> [at Calex Shadowbourne] [DEF EFFECTS +1] [HIT]
Hargulka: [DAMAGE (M)] +1 darkwood thundering morningstar [TYPE: bludgeoning,piercing,magic (2d6+9=15)] [2d6+9 = 15]
Damage [15] -> [to Calex Shadowbourne] [STATUS: Heavy]
Hargulka: [ATTACK (M)] +1 darkwood thundering morningstar [1d20+16 = 21]
Attack [21] -> [at Calex Shadowbourne] [DEF EFFECTS +1] [MISS]
Calex Shadowbourne: Arcane Accuracy (Sw) [1 PP]
Effect ['Arcane Accuracy; ATK: 5'] -> [to Calex Shadowbourne]
Calex Shadowbourne: [ATTACK (M)] +1 Cold Iron Scimitar (1H) [MOD:DEX] [CRIT 15] [EFFECTS +7] [1d20+20 = 23]
Attack [23] -> [at Hargulka] [HIT]
Walben Wobblekettle: Scorching Ray
Calex Shadowbourne: [ATTACK (M)] +1 Cold Iron Scimitar (1H) [MOD:DEX] [CRIT 15] [EFFECTS +7] [23]
Attack [23] -> [at Hargulka] [HIT]
GM: [ATTACK (M)] +1 Cold Iron Scimitar (1H) [MOD:DEX] [CRIT 15] [EFFECTS +7] [23]
Attack [23] -> [at Hargulka] [HIT]
[TURN] Walben Wobblekettle - [Bond to the Land 11(Forrest); AC: 2 | Mage Armor; AC: 4 | Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex; [D: 4]]
Walben Wobblekettle: [CAST] Deep Slumber [at Walben Wobblekettle]
Walben Wobblekettle: [CAST] Deep Slumber [at Hargulka]
Hargulka: [SAVE] Will [1d20+4 = 12]
Save [12][vs. DC 19] -> [for Hargulka] [vs Walben Wobblekettle] [FAILURE]
Walben Wobblekettle: [SAVE] Will [1d20+9 = 24]
Save [24][vs. DC 19] -> [for Walben Wobblekettle] [vs Walben Wobblekettle] [SUCCESS]
[TURN] Belthazor - [Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex; [D: 4] | Flanking; ATK: 2]
Belthazor: [SKILL] Perception [1d20+12 = 20]
[TURN] Lomman Stormchest - [Power Attack (one handed); ATK: -2 melee; CMB: -2 melee; DMG: 4 melee | Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex; [D: 4]]
[TURN] Taboo - [Power Attack; ATK: -2 melee; CMD: -2 melee; DMG: 4 melee | Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex; [D: 4]]
[TURN] Perlivash - [Invisible | Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex; [D: 4]]
Perlivash: [SKILL] Perception [ASSIST] [1d20+15 = 33]
[TURN] Kargadd
GM: [REGEN] Regeneration [TYPE: untyped (5)] [5]
Regeneration [5] -> [to Troll 2]
[TURN] Troll 2
[TURN] Hargulka
Effect ['Helpless'] -> [to Hargulka]
[TURN] Koh - [Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex; [D: 4]]
Koh: [ATTACK (M)] +1 Falcata (Single) [CRIT 19] [1d20+14 = 29]
Attack [29] -> [at Kargadd] [HIT]
Kargadd: [ATTACK (M)] Bite [1d20+10 = 19]
Attack [19] -> [at Koh] [DEF EFFECTS +1] [MISS]
Koh: [DAMAGE (M)] +1 Falcata (Single) [TYPE: slashing, magic (1d8+6=13)] [1d8+6 = 13]
Damage [13] -> [to Kargadd] [STATUS: Wounded]
[TURN] Nagrundi
Nagrundi: [ATTACK #2 (M)] Claws [FULL] [1d20+13 = 14]
Attack [14] -> [at Lomman Stormchest] [DEF EFFECTS +1] [AUTOMATIC MISS]
Nagrundi: [ATTACK #2 (M)] Bites [FULL] [1d20+13 = 30]
Attack [30] -> [at Lomman Stormchest] [DEF EFFECTS +1] [HIT]
Nagrundi: [ATTACK (M)] Bites [FULL] [1d20+13 = 14]
Attack [14] -> [at Lomman Stormchest] [DEF EFFECTS +1] [AUTOMATIC MISS]
Nagrundi: [ATTACK (M)] Claws [FULL] [1d20+13 = 22]
Attack [22] -> [at Lomman Stormchest] [DEF EFFECTS +1] [HIT]
Nagrundi: [DAMAGE (M)] Claws [TYPE: bludgeoning,slashing (1d6+8=13)] [1d6+8 = 13]
Damage [13] -> [to Lomman Stormchest]
Nagrundi: [DAMAGE (M)] Bites [TYPE: piercing,slashing,bludgeoning (1d8+8=16)] [1d8+8 = 16]
Damage [16] -> [to Lomman Stormchest] [STATUS: Heavy]
[ROUND 7]
Effect ['Arcane Accuracy; ATK: 5'] -> [EXPIRED] [on Calex Shadowbourne]
[TURN] Calex Shadowbourne - [Fiendish Resistance; RESIST: 5 cold; RESIST: 5 fire; RESIST: 5 electricity | Arcane Pool; DMG: 2; ATK: 2; DMGTYPE: magic; [D: 5] | Flaming Burst; DMGTYPE: fire; DMG: 1d6; [D: 5] | Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex; [D: 3]]
Calex Shadowbourne: [DAMAGE] lvl 1 Shocking Grasp (I) (L) [CRITICAL] [TYPE: electricity,spell (9d6=36)] [TYPE: electricity,spell,critical (9d6=29)] [9d6+9g6 = 65]
Damage [65] -> [to Hargulka] [STATUS: Heavy]
Calex Shadowbourne: [DAMAGE (M)] +1 Cold Iron Scimitar (1H) [CRITICAL] [EFFECTS 1d6+4] [TYPE: magic, cold iron, slashing,fire (2d6+9=13)] [TYPE: magic, cold iron, slashing,critical,fire (1d6+9=14)] [1d6+1g6+1p6+18 = 27]
Damage [27] -> [to Hargulka]
[TURN] Walben Wobblekettle - [Bond to the Land 11(Forrest); AC: 2 | Mage Armor; AC: 4 | Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex; [D: 3]]
Walben Wobblekettle: [HEAL] Cure Light Wounds [1d8+5 = 12]
Heal [12] -> [to Calex Shadowbourne] [STATUS: Wounded]
Walben Wobblekettle: [CAST] Fireball [at Kargadd]
Walben Wobblekettle: [CAST] Fireball [at Calex Shadowbourne]
Walben Wobblekettle: [CAST] Fireball [at Troll 2]
Walben Wobblekettle: [CAST] Fireball [at Nagrundi]
Nagrundi: [SAVE] Reflex [1d20+3 = 16]
Save [16][vs. DC 19] -> [for Nagrundi] [vs Walben Wobblekettle] [FAILURE]
Kargadd: [SAVE] Reflex [1d20+3 = 7]
Save [7][vs. DC 19] -> [for Kargadd] [vs Walben Wobblekettle] [FAILURE]
Calex Shadowbourne: [SAVE] Reflex [EFFECTS +1] [1d20+9 = 18]
Save [18][vs. DC 19] -> [for Calex Shadowbourne] [vs Walben Wobblekettle] [FAILURE]
Troll 2: [SAVE] Reflex [1d20+4 = 22]
Save [22][vs. DC 19] -> [for Troll 2] [vs Walben Wobblekettle] [SUCCESS]
Walben Wobblekettle: [DAMAGE] Fireball [TYPE: fire,spell (8d6=32)] [8d6 = 32]
Damage [32] -> [to Kargadd]
Damage [27] -> [to Calex Shadowbourne] [PARTIALLY RESISTED]
Effect ['REGEN: 5 acid or fire'] -> [DISABLED] [on Troll 2]
Damage [16] -> [to Troll 2] [HALF]
Damage [32] -> [to Nagrundi] [STATUS: Wounded]
[TURN] Belthazor - [Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex; [D: 3] | Flanking; ATK: 2]
Belthazor: [SKILL] Perception [+5] [1d20+17 = 20]
[TURN] Lomman Stormchest - [Power Attack (one handed); ATK: -2 melee; CMB: -2 melee; DMG: 4 melee | Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex; [D: 3]]
Lomman Stormchest: [ATTACK (M)] Waraxe, dwarven [CRIT 19] [EFFECTS -2] [1d20+12 = 16]
Attack [16] -> [at Nagrundi] [MISS]
Lomman Stormchest: [ATTACK (M)] Waraxe, dwarven [CRIT 19] [EFFECTS -2] [1d20+12 = 13]
Attack [13] -> [at Nagrundi] [AUTOMATIC MISS]
[TURN] Taboo - [Power Attack; ATK: -2 melee; CMD: -2 melee; DMG: 4 melee | Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex; [D: 3]]
Calex Shadowbourne: Benefit: As a standard action, you can make a single attack at your full base attack bonus against a foe within reach. If you hit, you deal damage normally and can make an additional attack (using your full base attack bonus) against a foe that is adjacent to the previous foe and also within reach. If you hit, you can continue to make attacks against foes adjacent to the previous foe, so long as they are within your reach. You cannot attack an individual foe more than once during this attack action. When you use this feat, you take a Ė2 penalty to your Armor Class until your next turn.
Calex Shadowbourne: Vital Strike (Combat) You make a single attack that deals significantly more damage than normal. Prerequisites: Base attack bonus +6. Benefit: When you use the attack action, you can make one attack at your highest base attack bonus that deals additional damage. Roll the weaponís damage dice for the attack twice and add the results together before adding bonuses from Strength, weapon abilities (such as flaming), precision-based damage, and other damage bonuses. These extra weapon damage dice are not multiplied on a critical hit, but are added to the total.
Taboo: [ATTACK (M)] bite [EFFECTS -2] [1d20+11 = 14]
Attack [14] -> [at Nagrundi] [MISS]
[TURN] Perlivash - [Invisible | Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex; [D: 3]]
[TURN] Kargadd
Kargadd: [ATTACK #2 (M)] Claws [FULL] [+2] [1d20+12 = 23]
Attack [23] -> [at Lomman Stormchest] [DEF EFFECTS +1] [HIT]
Kargadd: [ATTACK (M)] Claws [FULL] [+2] [1d20+12 = 22]
Attack [22] -> [at Lomman Stormchest] [DEF EFFECTS +1] [HIT]
Kargadd: [ATTACK (M)] Bite [+2] [1d20+12 = 17]
Attack [17] -> [at Lomman Stormchest] [DEF EFFECTS +1] [MISS]
Kargadd: [DAMAGE (M)] Claws [TYPE: bludgeoning,slashing (1d6+6=12)] [1d6+6 = 12]
Damage [12] -> [to Lomman Stormchest] [STATUS: Heavy]
[TURN] Troll 2
Troll 2: [ATTACK (M)] Bite [+2] [1d20+10 = 21]
Attack [21] -> [at Lomman Stormchest] [DEF EFFECTS +1] [MISS]
[TURN] Koh - [Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex; [D: 3]]
Walben Wobblekettle: Fireball
Koh: [ATTACK (M)] +1 Falcata (Main) [CRIT 19] [1d20+11 = 26]
Attack [26] -> [at Kargadd] [HIT]
Koh: [DAMAGE (M)] +1 Falcata (Main) [TYPE: slashing, magic (1d8+7=11)] [1d8+7 = 11]
Damage [11] -> [to Kargadd] [STATUS: Heavy]
Koh: [ATTACK (M)] Cold Iron Falcata (Off) [CRIT 19] [1d20+11 = 28]
Attack [28] -> [at Kargadd] [HIT]
Koh: [DAMAGE (M)] Cold Iron Falcata (Off) [TYPE: slashing, cold iron (1d8+3=6)] [1d8+3 = 6]
Damage [6] -> [to Kargadd]
Koh: [ATTACK #2 (M)] +1 Falcata (Single) [CRIT 19] [1d20+9 = 21]
Attack [21] -> [at Kargadd] [HIT]
Koh: [DAMAGE (M)] +1 Falcata (Single) [TYPE: slashing, magic (1d8+6=10)] [1d8+6 = 10]
Damage [10] -> [to Kargadd]
[TURN] Nagrundi
Nagrundi: [ATTACK (M)] Claws [FULL] [+2] [1d20+15 = 25]
Attack [25] -> [at Lomman Stormchest] [DEF EFFECTS +1] [HIT]
Nagrundi: [ATTACK #2 (M)] Claws [FULL] [+2] [1d20+15 = 24]
Attack [24] -> [at Lomman Stormchest] [DEF EFFECTS +1] [HIT]
Nagrundi: [ATTACK (M)] Bites [FULL] [+2] [1d20+15 = 17]
Attack [17] -> [at Lomman Stormchest] [DEF EFFECTS +1] [MISS]
Nagrundi: [ATTACK #2 (M)] Bites [FULL] [+2] [1d20+15 = 21]
Attack [21] -> [at Lomman Stormchest] [DEF EFFECTS +1] [MISS]
Nagrundi: [DAMAGE (M)] Claws [TYPE: bludgeoning,slashing (1d6+8=14)] [1d6+8 = 14]
Damage [14] -> [to Lomman Stormchest]
Nagrundi: [DAMAGE (M)] Claws [TYPE: bludgeoning,slashing (1d6+8=10)] [1d6+8 = 10]
Damage [10] -> [to Lomman Stormchest]
[ROUND 8]
[TURN] Calex Shadowbourne - [Fiendish Resistance; RESIST: 5 cold; RESIST: 5 fire; RESIST: 5 electricity | Arcane Pool; DMG: 2; ATK: 2; DMGTYPE: magic; [D: 4] | Flaming Burst; DMGTYPE: fire; DMG: 1d6; [D: 4] | Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex; [D: 2]]
Calex Shadowbourne: [SKILL] Knowledge (Arcana) [1d20+16 = 20]
Calex Shadowbourne:  [1d8 = 3]
Calex Shadowbourne:  [4d6 = 11]
Calex Shadowbourne: [ATTACK (R)] Ranged Attack [EFFECTS +2] [1d20+14 = 26]
Calex Shadowbourne: [CAST] Glitterdust
Kargadd: [SAVE] Reflex [1d20+3 = 8]
Troll 2: [SAVE] Reflex [1d20+4 = 5]
Nagrundi: [SAVE] Reflex [1d20+3 = 11]
[TURN] Walben Wobblekettle - [Bond to the Land 11(Forrest); AC: 2 | Mage Armor; AC: 4 | Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex; [D: 2]]
Walben Wobblekettle: [CAST] Fireball [at Troll 2]
Walben Wobblekettle: [CAST] Fireball [at Kargadd]
Walben Wobblekettle: [CAST] Fireball [at Nagrundi]
Kargadd: [SAVE] Reflex [1d20+3 = 8]
Save [8][vs. DC 19] -> [for Kargadd] [vs Walben Wobblekettle] [FAILURE]
Nagrundi: [SAVE] Reflex [1d20+3 = 22]
Save [22][vs. DC 19] -> [for Nagrundi] [vs Walben Wobblekettle] [SUCCESS]
Troll 2: [SAVE] Reflex [1d20+4 = 20]
Save [20][vs. DC 19] -> [for Troll 2] [vs Walben Wobblekettle] [SUCCESS]
Walben Wobblekettle: [DAMAGE] Fireball [TYPE: fire,spell (8d6=28)] [8d6 = 28]
Effect ['REGEN: 5 acid or fire'] -> [DISABLED] [on Troll 2]
Damage [14] -> [to Troll 2] [HALF] [STATUS: Heavy]
Damage [28] -> [to Kargadd] [STATUS: Dying]
Damage [14] -> [to Nagrundi] [HALF]
[TURN] Belthazor - [Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex; [D: 2] | Flanking; ATK: 2]
[TURN] Lomman Stormchest - [Power Attack (one handed); ATK: -2 melee; CMB: -2 melee; DMG: 4 melee | Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex; [D: 2]]
Lomman Stormchest: [ATTACK (M)] Waraxe, dwarven [CRIT 19] [EFFECTS -2] [1d20+12 = 27]
Attack [27] -> [at Kargadd] [HIT]
Lomman Stormchest: [DAMAGE (M)] Waraxe, dwarven [EFFECTS +4] [TYPE: slashing (1d10+11=18)] [1d10+11 = 18]
Damage [18] -> [to Kargadd]
Lomman Stormchest: [ATTACK (M)] Waraxe, dwarven [CRIT 19] [EFFECTS -2] [1d20+12 = 13]
Attack [13] -> [at Troll 2] [AUTOMATIC MISS]
This floor of this wide cavern is littered with half a dozen pallets made of branches, leaves, and smelly, uncured hides.
[TURN] Taboo - [Power Attack; ATK: -2 melee; CMD: -2 melee; DMG: 4 melee | Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex; [D: 2]]
Lomman Stormchest: [SKILL] Acrobatics [1d20-2 = 4]
Taboo: [ATTACK (M)] bite [EFFECTS -2] [1d20+11 = 13]
Attack [13] -> [at Nagrundi] [MISS]
Taboo: [ATTACK (M)] claw [MOD:DEX] [FULL] [EFFECTS -2] [1d20+10 = 12]
Attack [12] -> [at Nagrundi] [MISS]
Taboo: [ATTACK #2 (M)] claw [MOD:DEX] [FULL] [EFFECTS -2] [1d20+5 = 24]
Attack [24] -> [at Nagrundi] [HIT]
Taboo: [DAMAGE (M)] claw [EFFECTS +4] [TYPE: untyped (1d10+11=20)] [1d10+11 = 20]
Damage [20] -> [to Nagrundi] [STATUS: Heavy]
[TURN] Perlivash - [Invisible | Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex; [D: 2]]
Perlivash: Grease
Perlivash: [CAST] Grease [at Nagrundi]
Perlivash: [CAST] Grease [at Troll 2]
Troll 2: [SAVE] Reflex [1d20+4 = 15]
Save [15][vs. DC 15] -> [for Troll 2] [vs Perlivash] [SUCCESS]
Nagrundi: [SAVE] Reflex [1d20+3 = 11]
Save [11][vs. DC 15] -> [for Nagrundi] [vs Perlivash] [FAILURE]
[TURN] Kargadd
[TURN] Troll 2
Kargadd: [STABILIZATION] [at -19] [FAILURE] [1d20-12 = 5]
Damage [1] -> [to Kargadd]
Effect ['Prone'] -> [to Nagrundi] [by Calex Shadowbourne]
Troll 2: [ATTACK (M)] Bite [1d20+8 = 13]
Attack [13] -> [at Kargadd] [MISS]
[TURN] Koh - [Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex; [D: 2]]
Koh: [ATTACK (M)] +1 Falcata (Main) [CRIT 19] [1d20+11 = 18]
Attack [18] -> [at Nagrundi] [DEF EFFECTS -4] [HIT]
Koh: [DAMAGE (M)] +1 Falcata (Main) [TYPE: slashing, magic (1d8+7=13)] [1d8+7 = 13]
Damage [13] -> [to Nagrundi]
Koh: [ATTACK (M)] Cold Iron Falcata (Off) [CRIT 19] [1d20+11 = 23]
Attack [23] -> [at Nagrundi] [DEF EFFECTS -4] [HIT]
Koh: [DAMAGE (M)] Cold Iron Falcata (Off) [TYPE: slashing, cold iron (1d8+3=7)] [1d8+3 = 7]
Damage [7] -> [to Nagrundi]
Koh: [ATTACK #2 (M)] +1 Falcata (Single) [CRIT 19] [1d20+9 = 23]
Attack [23] -> [at Nagrundi] [DEF EFFECTS -4] [HIT]
Koh: [DAMAGE (M)] +1 Falcata (Single) [TYPE: slashing, magic (1d8+6=14)] [1d8+6 = 14]
Damage [14] -> [to Nagrundi]
Koh: [ATTACK (M)] +1 Falcata (Single) [CRIT 19] [1d20+14 = 21]
Attack [21] -> [at Nagrundi] [DEF EFFECTS -4] [HIT]
Koh: [DAMAGE (M)] +1 Falcata (Single) [TYPE: slashing, magic (1d8+6=11)] [1d8+6 = 11]
Damage [11] -> [to Nagrundi]
[TURN] Nagrundi - [Prone]
Koh: [ATTACK (M)] +1 Falcata (Single) [CRIT 19] [1d20+14 = 30]
Attack [30] -> [at Nagrundi] [DEF EFFECTS -4] [HIT]
Taboo: [ATTACK (M)] bite [EFFECTS -2] [1d20+11 = 27]
Attack [27] -> [at Nagrundi] [DEF EFFECTS -4] [HIT]
Koh: [DAMAGE (M)] +1 Falcata (Single) [TYPE: slashing, magic (1d8+6=13)] [1d8+6 = 13]
Damage [13] -> [to Nagrundi]
Taboo: [DAMAGE (M)] bite [EFFECTS +4] [TYPE: untyped (2d8+11=14)] [2d8+11 = 14]
Damage [14] -> [to Nagrundi] [STATUS: Dying]
[ROUND 9]
[TURN] Calex Shadowbourne - [Fiendish Resistance; RESIST: 5 cold; RESIST: 5 fire; RESIST: 5 electricity | Arcane Pool; DMG: 2; ATK: 2; DMGTYPE: magic; [D: 3] | Flaming Burst; DMGTYPE: fire; DMG: 1d6; [D: 3] | Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex; [D: 1]]
Nagrundi: [STABILIZATION] [at -9] [FAILURE] [1d20-2 = 0]
Damage [1] -> [to Nagrundi]
Calex Shadowbourne: [SKILL] Knowledge (Arcana) [1d20+16 = 17]
Calex Shadowbourne: -1 [1d8-1 = 5]
Calex Shadowbourne: [CAST] Glitterdust [at Troll 2]
Troll 2: [SAVE] Will [1d20+3 = 18]
Save [18][vs. DC 17] -> [for Troll 2] [vs Calex Shadowbourne] [SUCCESS]
Calex Shadowbourne:  [2d6 = 8]
[TURN] Walben Wobblekettle - [Bond to the Land 11(Forrest); AC: 2 | Mage Armor; AC: 4 | Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex; [D: 1]]
[TURN] Belthazor - [Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex; [D: 1] | Flanking; ATK: 2]
[TURN] Walben Wobblekettle - [Bond to the Land 11(Forrest); AC: 2 | Mage Armor; AC: 4 | Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex; [D: 1]]
Walben Wobblekettle: Fireball
Walben Wobblekettle: Fireball
Walben Wobblekettle: [CAST] Scorching Ray [at Nagrundi]
Walben Wobblekettle: [CAST] Scorching Ray [at Troll 2]
Walben Wobblekettle: [CAST] Scorching Ray [at Kargadd]
Walben Wobblekettle: [ATTACK (R)] Scorching Ray [TOUCH] [1d20+9 = 19]
Attack [19] -> [at Nagrundi] [DEF EFFECTS +4] [HIT]
Walben Wobblekettle: [ATTACK (R)] Scorching Ray [TOUCH] [1d20+9 = 20]
Attack [20] -> [at Troll 2] [HIT]
Walben Wobblekettle: [ATTACK (R)] Scorching Ray [TOUCH] [1d20+9 = 21]
Attack [21] -> [at Kargadd] [HIT]
Walben Wobblekettle: [DAMAGE] Scorching Ray [TYPE: fire,spell (4d6=17)] [4d6 = 17]
Damage [17] -> [to Nagrundi] [STATUS: Dead]
Effect ['REGEN: 5 acid or fire'] -> [DISABLED] [on Troll 2]
Damage [17] -> [to Troll 2]
Damage [17] -> [to Kargadd] [STATUS: Wounded]
Walben Wobblekettle: [DAMAGE] Scorching Ray [TYPE: fire,spell (4d6=13)] [4d6 = 13]
Damage [13] -> [to Nagrundi]
Damage [13] -> [to Troll 2]
Damage [13] -> [to Kargadd]
Walben Wobblekettle: [DAMAGE] Scorching Ray [TYPE: fire,spell (4d6=11)] [4d6 = 11]
Damage [11] -> [to Nagrundi]
Damage [11] -> [to Troll 2] [STATUS: Dying]
Damage [11] -> [to Kargadd]
Walben Wobblekettle: [HEAL] Cure Light Wounds [1d8+5 = 9]
Heal [9] -> [to Kargadd]
Walben Wobblekettle: [HEAL] Cure Light Wounds [9]
Heal [9] -> [to Kargadd]
Calex Shadowbourne: [HEAL] Cure Light Wounds [9]
Heal [9] -> [to Lomman Stormchest]
Walben Wobblekettle: [HEAL] Cure Light Wounds [1d8+5 = 11]
Heal [11] -> [to Kargadd]
Calex Shadowbourne: [HEAL] Cure Light Wounds [11]
Heal [11] -> [to Lomman Stormchest]
Walben Wobblekettle: [HEAL] Cure Light Wounds [1d8+5 = 11]
Heal [11] -> [to Kargadd]
Lomman Stormchest: [HEAL] Cure Light Wounds [11]
Heal [1] -> [to Kargadd] [STATUS: Healthy]
Calex Shadowbourne: [HEAL] Cure Light Wounds [11]
Heal [11] -> [to Lomman Stormchest] [STATUS: Wounded]
Druaz: Potion (Cure Moderate Wounds)
Calex Shadowbourne: +3 [2d8+3 = 10]
Lomman Stormchest: +3 [2d8+3 = 12]
Walben Wobblekettle: +3 [2d8+3 = 11]
Calex Shadowbourne: +3 [3d8+3 = 15]
Calex Shadowbourne: +3 [2d8+3 = 10]
Calex Shadowbourne: +3 [3d8+3 = 18]
Calex Shadowbourne: +3 [2d8+3 = 9]
Walben Wobblekettle: +3 [11]
Lomman Stormchest: [HEAL] Cure Light Wounds [11]
Heal [11] -> [to Lomman Stormchest] [STATUS: Wounded]
The air in this cavern seems somewhat cooler than that of the rest of complex, but the stench of decaying flesh hangs heavy in the air. Along the walls are stacked the carcasses of dozens of beasts, from foxes and wolves to deer and elk, as well as a couple of horses and what appears to be a skinned bear. The southern portion of the room holds a grislier collection of corpses: the bodies of several humanoids, from gnomes and halflings to humans and elves. Most of the cadavers seem to have been decapitated.
The ceiling of this cavern arches thirty feet overhead. A wagon with its wheels removed sits against the eastern wall, heaped with smelly furs, and a single barrel stands in the southwest corner. Against the northern wall, a crude throne carved from a giant tree stump sits atop a makeshift dais made of boulders, with a large bearskin spread on the floor before it.
Calex Shadowbourne: [SKILL] Perception [ASSIST] [1d20+8 = 24]
Perlivash: [SKILL] Perception [ASSIST] [1d20+15 = 32]
Calex Shadowbourne: [SKILL] Perception [1d20+8 = 18]
Calex Shadowbourne: [SKILL] Perception [ASSIST] [1d20+8 = 21]
The rough tunnel widens into a thirty-foot-high natural cavern hung with dripping stalagmites. Gnawed bones litter the floor, while the northern portion of the room holds a collection of severed, humanoid heads arranged around a large circle drawn on the floor with dried blood.
[PARTY] -> [Perlivash] : Necklace of Fireballs
A wide flight of stone stairs leads up to a circular chamber with a high ceiling. A foul stench fills the air, emanating from the layers of filth caked on the floor.
[Koh] -> [PARTY] : Amulet of Natural Armor +1
[PARTY] -> [Koh] : Amulet of Natural Armor +2
[PARTY] -> [Lomman Stormchest] : Amulet of Natural Armor +1
[PARTY] -> [Koh] : Orange Garnet
[PARTY] -> [Koh] : Orange Garnet
[PARTY] -> [Koh] : Orange Garnet
[PARTY] -> [Koh] : Orange Garnet
[PARTY] -> [Koh] : Orange Garnet
[PARTY] -> [Koh] : Wooden Dragon Statue
[PARTY] -> [Walben Wobblekettle] : Ioun Stone, Dusty rose
GM: Party taking overnight rest.
[PARTY] -> [Walben Wobblekettle] : Spear +1 Keen
GM:  [1d100 = 91]
Walben Wobblekettle: [HEAL] Cure Light Wounds [1d8+5 = 11]
Heal [11] -> [to Koh]
Walben Wobblekettle: [HEAL] Cure Light Wounds [1d8+5 = 6]
Walben Wobblekettle: [HEAL] Cure Light Wounds [1d8+5 = 10]
GM: [HEAL] Cure Light Wounds [6]
Heal [6] -> [to Walben Wobblekettle]
GM: [HEAL] Cure Light Wounds [10]
Heal [10] -> [to Walben Wobblekettle]
Belthazor: [SKILL] Perception [+5] [1d20+17 = 30]
Lomman Stormchest: [SKILL] Knowledge (Dungeoneering) [1d20+11 = 14]
The walls of this octagonal chamber are decorated with mosaics of dwarven life. A thin layer of dust coats the floor that is stone and tiled with geometrical shapes. A burst of power emenates from somewhere deep within these chambers as the walls glow mometarily with a deep crimson hue before fading back to dark.
Lomman Stormchest: [SKILL] Knowledge (Dungeoneering) [1d20+11 = 26]
Belthazor: [SKILL] Perception [+5] [1d20+17 = 18]
Lomman Stormchest: [SKILL] Perception [1d20+5 = 15]
Lomman Stormchest: [SKILL] Perception [1d20+5 = 18]
Lomman Stormchest: [SKILL] Knowledge (Dungeoneering) [1d20+11 = 28]
Belthazor: [SKILL] Perception [1d20+12 = 22]
Lomman Stormchest: [SKILL] Perception [1d20+5 = 18]
Lomman Stormchest: [INIT] [1d20+1 = 2]
Calex Shadowbourne: [INIT] [1d20+8 = 24]
Perlivash: [INIT] [1d20+3 = 11]
Belthazor: [INIT] [1d20+3 = 10]
Walben Wobblekettle: [INIT] [1d20+10 = 18]
Koh: [INIT] [1d20+3 = 8]
Taboo: [INIT] [1d20+4 = 21]
'Druaz' disconnected
'NickAbbey' disconnected

Chat log started at 31.12.2018 / 13:43:05

Advanced Bestiary extension for Fantasy Grounds 3.0+, v1.0.1 Author ddavison
PFRPG ruleset v3.3.7 for Fantasy Grounds Copyright 2015 Smiteworks USA, LLC
3.5E ruleset v3.3.7 for Fantasy Grounds Copyright 2015 Smiteworks USA, LLC
CoreRPG ruleset v3.3.7 for Fantasy Grounds Copyright 2015 Smiteworks USA, LLC
Extension (AdvancedBestiary) loaded.
Customised Item Generator by Faelwen.
PFRPG - Raccourcis Actions (v3.3.3_A) Team CQFG - Suivez notre travail sur : (LINK)
(LINK)
PFRPG - Enhanced Items v4.1 For Fantasy Grounds v3.3+ and the Pathfinder Rulesets By Llisandur, based on the work by Sciencephile and Jwguy
[320 XP] -> Belthazor
[320 XP] -> Calex Shadowbourne
[320 XP] -> Lomman Stormchest
[320 XP] -> Koh
[320 XP] -> Walben Wobblekettle
Awarded XP to the Party. (1600)
[4800 XP] -> Belthazor
[4800 XP] -> Calex Shadowbourne
[4800 XP] -> Lomman Stormchest
[4800 XP] -> Koh
[4800 XP] -> Walben Wobblekettle
Awarded XP to the Party. (24000)
DM
 GM, 479 posts
Mon 31 Dec 2018
at 19:21
07: The Birth of a Nation
In reply to DM (msg # 57):

The date is Sunday 24th of Kuthona, 4711 in the Age of Lost Omens.

As the sounds of the last dying troll died out, the group stilled and looked about for any that might be regenerating.  They could hear from the hallway beyond the central stairs the sounds of a guttural howl in the distance and the approach of trolls from below.  Quickly moving into action, the group rushed down the stairs to meet the onslaught head on.

Walben lit up the hallway where two trolls were approaching with a ball of fire and the battle began.  It soon became apparent that this was not some ordinary bunch of trolls, as an instant after the two trolls were vanquished in the chamber, a ball of fire erupted around the group.  In the flash of the darkness, they could see an armored warrior troll bearing a wicked looking Morningstar.  He was reaching for a globe on a necklace as they rushed him.  Koh felt the power behind the Morningstar as she and Taboo cut off the hallway, Lomman quickly following along with Calex.

Walben had a solution for this troll as well.  With a wink and a snap of his fingers, this armored brute collapsed on the floor in a deep slumber.  Beyond the nexus point in the hallway where this occurred, they could see a trio of trolls and a troll hound forming up for a rush.  One was a giant of a troll, standing close to 15 feet tall and it had a pair of misshapen heads.  Another was smaller, but appeared to be made of stone.  The third, a regular troll and the keeper of the trollhounds, ordered his pet into the fray.

Koh pushed past the fallen armored troll, the one who hurled fire, and took on the massive two headed troll directly, flying over the sleeping warrior troll.  Calex was charging up a spell on his blade and he shouted, "I've got this one, make sure we don't get rushed."  Resisting her urge to murder the fallen troll, Koh met the two-headed troll and was nearly knocked out of the air.  Lomman levitated over the fallen troll warrior and into the room as well, getting pounded mercilessly by the three trolls who had formed a line.  The trollhound was a mere inconvenience for Taboo as Walben hurled more fire into the chamber.

Calex plunged his electrified blade into the body of the would-be troll king, ending his life before his gang could become a threat to the Marchlands.  Koh and Lomman held the line, taking a horrific pounding from the trio of trolls.  Calex drew a bead off of the fallen warrior's corpse and hurled it into the cavern.  The battle raged in tight ranks, Taboo pressed for space, while Lomman and Koh were injured to the point of falling.

In the end, the group persisted and the cavern grew quiet.

Perlivash and Belthazor, who had sought shelter in the trollhound kennel to look for a good place to avoid the intitial rush, had joined the battle late.  When all was calm, they repoted that they had found something of interest, a secret door in the wall outlined with dwarven runes.

The group scoured the place for valuables and clues to its origins, having vanquished all of the foes.

When they were done with that, they investigated the secret portal, which Belthazor and Perlivash had rashly opened.  Now, it seemed they had no way to close it.  Perlivash reported feeling a dark wave of cold when the portal opened, but reported no ill effects. The group set up a rudimentary alarm system to warn them should something arise from below the dwarven watch tower, and set up camp for the night to heal their grievous wounds.

Being badly wounded, they set up camp in the small watch tower that sprouted from the hill overlooking the Gurdrin River.  From the vantage of the roof, they could see dim lights across the river, miles away.  Perhaps this was the gnomish town of Jovvox in the River Kingdom of Mivon.

The date is Moonday, 25th of Kuthona, 4711 in the Age of Lost Omens.

Using what resources they had at their disposal, the group healed up as best they could and took to searching the chambers below the dwarven watch tower.
DM
 GM, 480 posts
Sun 13 Jan 2019
at 20:04
07: The Birth of a Nation
In reply to DM (msg # 58):

Unedited Chatlog Session 56, January 3rd 2019

Belthazor: [SKILL] Perception [1d20+12 = 26]
Lomman Stormchest: [INIT] [1d20+1 = 5]
Calex Shadowbourne: [INIT] [1d20+8 = 12]
Perlivash: [INIT] [1d20+3 = 21]
Taboo: [INIT] [1d20+4 = 23]
Walben Wobblekettle: [INIT] [1d20+10 = 24]
Belthazor: [INIT] [1d20+3 = 7]
Four tunnels exit this circular chamber in the cardinal directions. Four large monstrous faces, carved from stone, leer and grimace from each of the walls between the tunnel entrances. A skeleton sprawls facedown in the middle of the room.
Koh: [INIT] [1d20+3 = 18]
Walben Wobblekettle: Fly
[TURN] Walben Wobblekettle - [Bond to the Land 11(Forrest); AC: 2 | Mage Armor; AC: 4]
[TURN] Skeletal Champion 5 - [Haste; ATK: 1; AC: 1 dodge; SAVE: 1 dodge,reflex; SPEED: 30 enhancement; [D: 10]]
[TURN] Taboo - [Power Attack; ATK: -2 melee; CMD: -2 melee; DMG: 4 melee]
Breath of Despair Trap: [ATTACK (M)] Ray of exhaustion ranged touch [TOUCH] [1d20+5 = 19]
Taboo: [SAVE] Fortitude [1d20+8 = 13]
Effect ['Exhausted; Moves at half speed'] -> [to Taboo]
Taboo: [ATTACK (M)] bite [EFFECTS -5] [1d20+8 = 11]
Attack [11] -> [at Skeletal Champion 5] [DEF EFFECTS +1] [MISS]
Taboo: [ATTACK (M)] claw [MOD:DEX] [FULL] [EFFECTS -5] [1d20+7 = 12]
Attack [12] -> [at Skeletal Champion 5] [DEF EFFECTS +1] [MISS]
Taboo: [ATTACK #2 (M)] claw [MOD:DEX] [FULL] [EFFECTS -5] [1d20+2 = 10]
Attack [10] -> [at Skeletal Champion 5] [DEF EFFECTS +1] [MISS]
[TURN] Skeletal Champion 4 - [Haste; ATK: 1; AC: 1 dodge; SAVE: 1 dodge,reflex; SPEED: 30 enhancement; [D: 10]]
Skeletal Champion 4: [ATTACK (M)] Mwk longsword [CRIT 19] [EFFECTS +1] [+2] [1d20+10 = 17]
Attack [17] -> [at Taboo] [DEF EFFECTS -3] [MISS]
[TURN] Perlivash - [Invisible]
Perlivash: [CAST] Grease [at Skeletal Champion 5]
Perlivash: [CAST] Grease [at Skeletal Champion 4]
Skeletal Champion 5: [SAVE] Reflex [EFFECTS +1] [1d20+2 = 8]
Save [8][vs. DC 15] -> [for Skeletal Champion 5] [vs Perlivash] [FAILURE]
Skeletal Champion 4: [SAVE] Reflex [EFFECTS +1] [1d20+2 = 16]
Save [16][vs. DC 15] -> [for Skeletal Champion 4] [vs Perlivash] [SUCCESS]
[TURN] Skeletal Champion 3 - [Haste; ATK: 1; AC: 1 dodge; SAVE: 1 dodge,reflex; SPEED: 30 enhancement; [D: 10]]
Effect ['Prone'] -> [to Skeletal Champion 5] [by Calex Shadowbourne]
Perlivash: Grease
Skeletal Champion 3: [ATTACK (M)] Mwk longsword [CRIT 19] [EFFECTS +1] [+4] [1d20+12 = 15]
Attack [15] -> [at Taboo] [DEF EFFECTS -3] [MISS]
[TURN] Koh
Skeletal Champion 4: [ATTACK (M)] Mwk longsword [CRIT 19] [EFFECTS +1] [1d20+8 = 20]
Attack [20] -> [at Koh] [MISS]
[TURN] Calex Shadowbourne - [Fiendish Resistance; RESIST: 5 cold; RESIST: 5 fire; RESIST: 5 electricity]
Effect ['Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex'] -> [to Belthazor] [by Calex Shadowbourne]
Effect ['Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex'] -> [to Walben Wobblekettle] [by Calex Shadowbourne]
Effect ['Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex'] -> [to Taboo] [by Calex Shadowbourne]
Effect ['Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex'] -> [to Lomman Stormchest] [by Calex Shadowbourne]
Effect ['Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex'] -> [to Perlivash] [by Calex Shadowbourne]
Effect ['Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex'] -> [to Calex Shadowbourne]
Calex Shadowbourne: Haste
Calex Shadowbourne: Arcane Accuracy (Sw) [1 PP]
Effect ['Arcane Accuracy; ATK: 5'] -> [to Calex Shadowbourne]
Effect ['Arcane Pool; DMG: 2; ATK: 2; DMGTYPE: magic'] -> [to Calex Shadowbourne]
Calex Shadowbourne: Flaming burst(Su) [2 PP]
Effect ['Flaming Burst; DMGTYPE: fire; DMG: 1d6'] -> [to Calex Shadowbourne]
[TURN] Skeletal Champion 1 - [Haste; ATK: 1; AC: 1 dodge; SAVE: 1 dodge,reflex; SPEED: 30 enhancement; [D: 10]]
Skeletal Champion 1: [ATTACK (M)] Mwk longsword [CRIT 19] [EFFECTS +1] [+4] [1d20+12 = 21]
Attack [21] -> [at Taboo] [DEF EFFECTS -2] [HIT]
Skeletal Champion 1: [DAMAGE (M)] Mwk longsword [TYPE: slashing (1d8+3=4)] [1d8+3 = 4]
Damage [4] -> [to Taboo]
[TURN] Skeletal Champion 2 - [Haste; ATK: 1; AC: 1 dodge; SAVE: 1 dodge,reflex; SPEED: 30 enhancement; [D: 10]]
[TURN] Breath of Despair Trap
[TURN] Skeletal Champion 6 - [Haste; ATK: 1; AC: 1 dodge; SAVE: 1 dodge,reflex; SPEED: 30 enhancement; [D: 10]]
Skeletal Champion 6: [ATTACK (M)] Mwk longsword [CRIT 19] [EFFECTS +1] [1d20+8 = 18]
Attack [18] -> [at Calex Shadowbourne] [DEF EFFECTS +1] [MISS]
[TURN] Belthazor - [Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex; [D: 8] | Flanking; ATK: 2]
Belthazor: [ATTACK (R)] Crossbow, hand [CRIT 19] [EFFECTS +2] [-4] [1d20+5 = 12]
Attack [12] -> [at Skeletal Champion 6] [DEF EFFECTS +1] [MISS]
[TURN] The Lonely Warrior - [Haste; ATK: 1; AC: 1 dodge; SAVE: 1 dodge,reflex; SPEED: 30 enhancement; [D: 10]]
The Lonely Warrior: [ATTACK (M)] Axe [EFFECTS +1] [+2] [1d20+15 = 23]
Attack [23] -> [at Koh] [HIT]
Calex Shadowbourne: ac: -2
The Lonely Warrior: [DAMAGE (M)] Axe [TYPE: slashing (1d10+9=12)] [1d10+9 = 12]
Damage [12] -> [to Koh]
Koh: [SAVE] Fortitude [1d20+7 = 17]
Calex Shadowbourne: nlvl: 1
[TURN] Lomman Stormchest - [Power Attack (one handed); ATK: -2 melee; CMB: -2 melee; DMG: 4 melee | Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex; [D: 8]]
Calex Shadowbourne: yeah checked it on the effects site
Lomman Stormchest: [ATTACK (M)] Waraxe, dwarven [CRIT 19] [EFFECTS -2] [1d20+12 = 26]
Attack [26] -> [at Skeletal Champion 2] [DEF EFFECTS +1] [HIT]
Lomman Stormchest: [DAMAGE (M)] Waraxe, dwarven [EFFECTS 1d10+4] [TYPE: slashing (2d10+11=19)] [1d10+1p10+11 = 19]
Damage [14] -> [to Skeletal Champion 2] [PARTIALLY RESISTED] [STATUS: Wounded]
[TURN] Breath of Despair Trap
Breath of Despair Trap: [ATTACK (M)] Ray of exhaustion ranged touch [TOUCH] [1d20+5 = 9]
Attack [9] -> [at Taboo] [DEF EFFECTS -2] [MISS]
[ROUND 2]
[TURN] Walben Wobblekettle - [Bond to the Land 11(Forrest); AC: 2 | Mage Armor; AC: 4 | Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex; [D: 8]]
Walben Wobblekettle: Fireball
Skeletal Champion 1: [SAVE] Reflex [EFFECTS +1] [1d20+2 = 6]
Save [6][vs. DC 19] -> [for Skeletal Champion 1] [vs Walben Wobblekettle] [FAILURE]
Skeletal Champion 3: [SAVE] Reflex [EFFECTS +1] [1d20+2 = 7]
Save [7][vs. DC 19] -> [for Skeletal Champion 3] [vs Walben Wobblekettle] [FAILURE]
Walben Wobblekettle: [SAVE] Reflex [EFFECTS +1] [1d20+7 = 21]
Save [21][vs. DC 19] -> [for Walben Wobblekettle] [vs Walben Wobblekettle] [SUCCESS]
Walben Wobblekettle: [DAMAGE] Fireball [TYPE: fire,spell (8d6=34)] [8d6 = 34]
Damage [34] -> [to Skeletal Champion 3] [STATUS: Dead]
Damage [34] -> [to Skeletal Champion 1] [STATUS: Dead]
[TURN] Skeletal Champion 5 - [Haste; ATK: 1; AC: 1 dodge; SAVE: 1 dodge,reflex; SPEED: 30 enhancement; [D: 9] | Prone]
Taboo: [ATTACK (M)] bite [EFFECTS -5] [1d20+8 = 19]
Attack [19] -> [at Skeletal Champion 5] [DEF EFFECTS -3] [HIT]
Taboo: [DAMAGE (M)] bite [EFFECTS +1] [TYPE: untyped (2d8+8=12)] [2d8+8 = 12]
Damage [7] -> [to Skeletal Champion 5] [PARTIALLY RESISTED] [STATUS: Wounded]
Skeletal Champion 5: [ATTACK (M)] Mwk longsword [CRIT 19] [EFFECTS -3] [+2] [1d20+6 = 26]
Attack [26] -> [at Taboo] [DEF EFFECTS -2] [AUTOMATIC HIT]
Skeletal Champion 5: [ATTACK (M)] Mwk longsword [CRIT 19] [EFFECTS -3] [+2] [CONFIRM] [1d20+6 = 14]
Attack [14] -> [at Taboo] [CRIT NOT CONFIRMED]
Skeletal Champion 5: [ATTACK (M)] Mwk longsword [CRIT 19] [EFFECTS -3] [+2] [1d20+6 = 15]
Attack [15] -> [at Taboo] [DEF EFFECTS -2] [MISS]
Skeletal Champion 5: [DAMAGE (M)] Mwk longsword [TYPE: slashing (1d8+3=11)] [1d8+3 = 11]
Damage [11] -> [to Taboo]
[TURN] Taboo - [Power Attack; ATK: -2 melee; CMD: -2 melee; DMG: 4 melee | Exhausted; Moves at half speed | Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex; [D: 8]]
Taboo: [ATTACK (M)] bite [EFFECTS -5] [1d20+8 = 25]
Attack [25] -> [at Skeletal Champion 5] [DEF EFFECTS +1] [HIT]
Taboo: [DAMAGE (M)] bite [EFFECTS +1] [TYPE: untyped (2d8+8=17)] [2d8+8 = 17]
Damage [12] -> [to Skeletal Champion 5] [PARTIALLY RESISTED] [STATUS: Heavy]
Taboo: [ATTACK (M)] claw [MOD:DEX] [FULL] [EFFECTS -5] [1d20+7 = 21]
Attack [21] -> [at Skeletal Champion 5] [DEF EFFECTS +1] [MISS]
Taboo: [ATTACK #2 (M)] claw [MOD:DEX] [FULL] [EFFECTS -5] [1d20+2 = 15]
Attack [15] -> [at Skeletal Champion 5] [DEF EFFECTS +1] [MISS]
[TURN] Skeletal Champion 4 - [Haste; ATK: 1; AC: 1 dodge; SAVE: 1 dodge,reflex; SPEED: 30 enhancement; [D: 9]]
Skeletal Champion 4: [ATTACK (M)] Mwk longsword [CRIT 19] [EFFECTS +1] [+2] [1d20+10 = 17]
Attack [17] -> [at Taboo] [DEF EFFECTS -2] [MISS]
Skeletal Champion 4: [ATTACK (M)] Mwk longsword [CRIT 19] [EFFECTS +1] [+2] [1d20+10 = 23]
Attack [23] -> [at Taboo] [DEF EFFECTS -2] [HIT]
Skeletal Champion 4: [DAMAGE (M)] Mwk longsword [TYPE: slashing (1d8+3=8)] [1d8+3 = 8]
Damage [8] -> [to Taboo]
[TURN] Perlivash - [Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex; [D: 8] | Invisible]
Effect ['Invisible'] -> [to Perlivash]
Perlivash: Invisibility, Greater
Perlivash: [SKILL] Acrobatics [1d20+9 = 12]
Perlivash: [SKILL] Acrobatics [1d20+9 = 28]
Skeletal Champion 2: [ATTACK (M)] Mwk longsword [CRIT 19] [EFFECTS +1] [1d20+8 = 20]
Attack [20] -> [at Perlivash] [DEF EFFECTS +1] [MISS]
Perlivash: [CAST] Lightning Bolt (5d6) [at Skeletal Champion 6]
Perlivash: [CAST] Lightning Bolt (5d6) [at Skeletal Champion 5]
Perlivash: [CAST] Lightning Bolt (5d6) [at Skeletal Champion 4]
Skeletal Champion 6: [SAVE] Reflex [EFFECTS +1] [1d20+2 = 14]
Save [14][vs. DC 14] -> [for Skeletal Champion 6] [vs Perlivash] [SUCCESS]
Skeletal Champion 4: [SAVE] Reflex [EFFECTS +1] [1d20+2 = 14]
Save [14][vs. DC 14] -> [for Skeletal Champion 4] [vs Perlivash] [SUCCESS]
Skeletal Champion 5: [SAVE] Reflex [EFFECTS +1] [1d20+2 = 3]
Save [3][vs. DC 14] -> [for Skeletal Champion 5] [vs Perlivash] [FAILURE]
Perlivash: [DAMAGE] Lightning Bolt (5d6) [TYPE: electricity,spell (5d6=14)] [5d6 = 14]
Damage [14] -> [to Skeletal Champion 5] [STATUS: Dead]
Calex Shadowbourne: [DAMAGE] Lightning Bolt (5d6) [TYPE: electricity,spell (7)] [7]
Damage [7] -> [to Skeletal Champion 4] [STATUS: Wounded]
Calex Shadowbourne: [DAMAGE] Lightning Bolt (5d6) [TYPE: electricity,spell (7)] [7]
Damage [7] -> [to Skeletal Champion 6] [STATUS: Wounded]
[TURN] Koh - [nlvl: 1]
Koh: [ATTACK (M)] +1 Falcata (Main) [CRIT 19] [1d20+11 = 19]
Attack [19] -> [at The Lonely Warrior] [DEF EFFECTS +1] [MISS]
Koh: [ATTACK (M)] Cold Iron Falcata (Off) [CRIT 19] [1d20+11 = 20]
Attack [20] -> [at The Lonely Warrior] [DEF EFFECTS +1] [MISS]
Koh: [ATTACK #2 (M)] +1 Falcata (Single) [CRIT 19] [1d20+9 = 14]
Attack [14] -> [at The Lonely Warrior] [DEF EFFECTS +1] [MISS]
[TURN] Calex Shadowbourne - [Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex; [D: 7] | Fiendish Resistance; RESIST: 5 cold; RESIST: 5 fire; RESIST: 5 electricity | Arcane Pool; DMG: 2; ATK: 2; DMGTYPE: magic; [D: 9] | Flaming Burst; DMGTYPE: fire; DMG: 1d6; [D: 9]]
Calex Shadowbourne: [CONCENTRATION] [MOD:INT] [1d20+14 = 19]
Calex Shadowbourne: [ATTACK (M)] +1 Cold Iron Scimitar (1H) [MOD:DEX] [CRIT 15] [EFFECTS +2] [1d20+15 = 23]
Attack [23] -> [at Skeletal Champion 6] [DEF EFFECTS +1] [HIT]
Calex Shadowbourne: [DAMAGE (M)] +1 Cold Iron Scimitar (1H) [EFFECTS 1d6+2] [TYPE: magic, cold iron, slashing,fire (2d6+9=14)] [1d6+1p6+9 = 14]
Damage [14] -> [to Skeletal Champion 6] [STATUS: Heavy]
Calex Shadowbourne: [ATTACK (M)] +1 Cold Iron Scimitar (1H) [MOD:DEX] [CRIT 15] [FULL] [EFFECTS +2] [1d20+15 = 31]
Attack [31] -> [at Skeletal Champion 6] [DEF EFFECTS +1] [CRITICAL THREAT]
Calex Shadowbourne: [ATTACK #2 (M)] +1 Cold Iron Scimitar (1H) [MOD:DEX] [CRIT 15] [FULL] [EFFECTS +2] [1d20+10 = 12]
Attack [12] -> [at Skeletal Champion 6] [DEF EFFECTS +1] [MISS]
Calex Shadowbourne: [ATTACK (M)] +1 Cold Iron Scimitar (1H) [MOD:DEX] [CRIT 15] [FULL] [EFFECTS +2] [CONFIRM] [1d20+15 = 16]
Attack [16] -> [at Skeletal Champion 6] [CRIT NOT CONFIRMED]
Calex Shadowbourne: [DAMAGE (M)] +1 Cold Iron Scimitar (1H) [EFFECTS 1d6+2] [TYPE: magic, cold iron, slashing,fire (2d6+9=18)] [1d6+1p6+9 = 18]
Damage [18] -> [to Skeletal Champion 6] [STATUS: Dead]
[TURN] Skeletal Champion 2 - [Haste; ATK: 1; AC: 1 dodge; SAVE: 1 dodge,reflex; SPEED: 30 enhancement; [D: 9]]
Calex Shadowbourne: [DAMAGE] lvl 1 Shocking Grasp (I) (L) [TYPE: electricity,spell (9d6=26)] [9d6 = 26]
Damage [26] -> [to Skeletal Champion 6]
Calex Shadowbourne: [DAMAGE] lvl 1 Shocking Grasp (I) (L) [TYPE: electricity,spell (26)] [26]
Damage [26] -> [to Skeletal Champion 6]
Calex Shadowbourne: Shocking Grasp
Skeletal Champion 2: [ATTACK (M)] Mwk longsword [CRIT 19] [EFFECTS +1] [1d20+8 = 23]
Attack [23] -> [at Lomman Stormchest] [DEF EFFECTS +1] [MISS]
Skeletal Champion 2: [ATTACK (M)] Mwk longsword [CRIT 19] [EFFECTS +1] [1d20+8 = 21]
Attack [21] -> [at Lomman Stormchest] [DEF EFFECTS +1] [MISS]
[TURN] Belthazor - [Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex; [D: 7] | Flanking; ATK: 2]
Belthazor: [ATTACK (R)] Crossbow, hand [CRIT 19] [EFFECTS +2] [-4] [1d20+5 = 14]
Attack [14] -> [at Skeletal Champion 4] [DEF EFFECTS +1] [MISS]
[TURN] The Lonely Warrior - [Haste; ATK: 1; AC: 1 dodge; SAVE: 1 dodge,reflex; SPEED: 30 enhancement; [D: 9]]
The Lonely Warrior: [ATTACK (M)] Axe [EFFECTS +1] [1d20+13 = 25]
Attack [25] -> [at Koh] [HIT]
The Lonely Warrior: [DAMAGE (M)] Axe [TYPE: slashing (1d10+9=13)] [1d10+9 = 13]
Damage [13] -> [to Koh]
Koh: [SAVE] Fortitude [1d20+7 = 19]
The Lonely Warrior: [ATTACK (M)] Axe [EFFECTS +1] [1d20+13 = 21]
Attack [21] -> [at Koh] [HIT]
The Lonely Warrior: [DAMAGE (M)] Axe [TYPE: slashing (1d10+9=17)] [1d10+9 = 17]
Damage [17] -> [to Koh] [STATUS: Heavy]
Koh: [SAVE] Fortitude [1d20+7 = 8]
The Lonely Warrior: [ATTACK (M)] Axe [EFFECTS +1] [1d20+8 = 25]
Attack [25] -> [at Koh] [HIT]
The Lonely Warrior: [DAMAGE (M)] Axe [TYPE: slashing (1d10+9=12)] [1d10+9 = 12]
Damage [12] -> [to Koh]
[TURN] Lomman Stormchest - [Power Attack (one handed); ATK: -2 melee; CMB: -2 melee; DMG: 4 melee | Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex; [D: 7]]
Lomman Stormchest: [ATTACK (M)] Waraxe, dwarven [CRIT 19] [EFFECTS -2] [1d20+12 = 22]
Attack [22] -> [at Skeletal Champion 2] [DEF EFFECTS +1] [HIT]
Lomman Stormchest: [DAMAGE (M)] Waraxe, dwarven [EFFECTS +4] [TYPE: slashing (1d10+11=16)] [1d10+11 = 16]
Damage [11] -> [to Skeletal Champion 2] [PARTIALLY RESISTED] [STATUS: Heavy]
Lomman Stormchest: [ATTACK (M)] Waraxe, dwarven [CRIT 19] [EFFECTS -2] [1d20+12 = 31]
Attack [31] -> [at Skeletal Champion 2] [DEF EFFECTS +1] [CRITICAL THREAT]
Lomman Stormchest: [ATTACK (M)] Waraxe, dwarven [CRIT 19] [EFFECTS -2] [CONFIRM] [1d20+12 = 20]
Attack [20] -> [at Skeletal Champion 2] [CRIT NOT CONFIRMED]
Lomman Stormchest: [DAMAGE (M)] Waraxe, dwarven [EFFECTS 1d10+4] [TYPE: slashing (2d10+11=17)] [1d10+1p10+11 = 17]
Damage [12] -> [to Skeletal Champion 2] [PARTIALLY RESISTED] [STATUS: Dead]
[TURN] Breath of Despair Trap
Breath of Despair Trap: [ATTACK (M)] Ray of exhaustion ranged touch [TOUCH] [1d20+5 = 19]
Attack [19] -> [at Taboo] [DEF EFFECTS -2] [HIT]
[ROUND 3]
[TURN] Walben Wobblekettle - [Bond to the Land 11(Forrest); AC: 2 | Mage Armor; AC: 4 | Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex; [D: 7]]
Walben Wobblekettle: [CAST] Scorching Ray [at Skeletal Champion 4]
Walben Wobblekettle: [ATTACK (R)] Scorching Ray [TOUCH] [1d20+9 = 27]
Attack [27] -> [at Skeletal Champion 4] [DEF EFFECTS +1] [HIT]
Walben Wobblekettle: [DAMAGE] Scorching Ray [TYPE: fire,spell (4d6=11)] [4d6 = 11]
Damage [11] -> [to Skeletal Champion 4] [STATUS: Heavy]
Walben Wobblekettle: [ATTACK (R)] Scorching Ray [TOUCH] [-4] [1d20+5 = 7]
Attack [7] -> [at Skeletal Champion 4] [DEF EFFECTS +1] [MISS]
[TURN] Taboo - [Power Attack; ATK: -2 melee; CMD: -2 melee; DMG: 4 melee | Exhausted; Moves at half speed | Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex; [D: 7]]
Taboo: [ATTACK (M)] bite [EFFECTS -5] [1d20+8 = 10]
Attack [10] -> [at Skeletal Champion 4] [DEF EFFECTS +1] [MISS]
Taboo: [ATTACK #2 (M)] claw [MOD:DEX] [FULL] [EFFECTS -5] [1d20+2 = 21]
Attack [21] -> [at Skeletal Champion 4] [DEF EFFECTS +1] [MISS]
Taboo: [ATTACK (M)] claw [MOD:DEX] [FULL] [EFFECTS -5] [1d20+7 = 8]
Attack [8] -> [at Skeletal Champion 4] [DEF EFFECTS +1] [AUTOMATIC MISS]
[TURN] Skeletal Champion 4 - [Haste; ATK: 1; AC: 1 dodge; SAVE: 1 dodge,reflex; SPEED: 30 enhancement; [D: 8]]
Skeletal Champion 4: [ATTACK (M)] Mwk longsword [CRIT 19] [EFFECTS +1] [1d20+8 = 11]
Attack [11] -> [at Taboo] [DEF EFFECTS -2] [MISS]
Skeletal Champion 4: [ATTACK (M)] Mwk longsword [CRIT 19] [EFFECTS +1] [1d20+8 = 16]
Attack [16] -> [at Taboo] [DEF EFFECTS -2] [MISS]
[TURN] Perlivash - [Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex; [D: 7]]
Perlivash: Magic Missile
Perlivash: [DAMAGE] Magic Missile [TYPE: force,spell (2d4+2=8)] [2d4+2 = 8]
Damage [8] -> [to Skeletal Champion 4]
[TURN] Koh - [nlvl: 2]
The walls of this chamber are adorned with a plethora of weapons, shields, armor, and tattered banners and standards. Interspersed among the displayed arms are carved scenes of battle, pillage, and conquest. The carvings are caked in flaking pigments that were once brightly colored, but many have been defaced, apparently by repeated blows from a weapon. At the far end of the room, a withered dwarven corpse lies in state atop a stone catafalque, its bony hands clutching an axe across its chest.
Koh: [ATTACK (M)] +1 Falcata (Main) [CRIT 19] [1d20+11 = 29]
Attack [29] -> [at The Lonely Warrior] [DEF EFFECTS +1] [MISS]
Koh: [ATTACK (M)] Cold Iron Falcata (Main) [CRIT 19] [1d20+11 = 30]
Attack [30] -> [at The Lonely Warrior] [DEF EFFECTS +1] [MISS]
Koh: [ATTACK #2 (M)] +1 Falcata (Single) [CRIT 19] [1d20+9 = 15]
Attack [15] -> [at The Lonely Warrior] [DEF EFFECTS +1] [MISS]
[TURN] Calex Shadowbourne - [Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex; [D: 6] | Fiendish Resistance; RESIST: 5 cold; RESIST: 5 fire; RESIST: 5 electricity | Arcane Pool; DMG: 2; ATK: 2; DMGTYPE: magic; [D: 8] | Flaming Burst; DMGTYPE: fire; DMG: 1d6; [D: 8]]
Calex Shadowbourne:  [1d4 = 4]
Effect ['Mirror Image; 1d8'] -> [to Calex Shadowbourne]
[TURN] Belthazor - [Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex; [D: 6] | Flanking; ATK: 2]
Belthazor: [SKILL] Acrobatics [1d20+9 = 15]
Skeletal Champion 4: [ATTACK (M)] Mwk longsword [CRIT 19] [EFFECTS +1] [1d20+8 = 15]
Attack [15] -> [at Belthazor] [DEF EFFECTS +1] [MISS]
Belthazor: [ATTACK (M)] +1 sword, short [CRIT 19] [EFFECTS +2] [+2] [1d20+11 = 26]
Attack [26] -> [at Skeletal Champion 4] [DEF EFFECTS +1] [HIT]
Effect ['Sneak Attack; DMG: 3d6'] -> [to Belthazor]
Belthazor: [DAMAGE (M)] +1 sword, short [EFFECTS 3d6] [TYPE: piercing (4d6+4=15)] [1d6+3p6+4 = 15]
Damage [10] -> [to Skeletal Champion 4] [PARTIALLY RESISTED] [STATUS: Dead]
[TURN] The Lonely Warrior - [Haste; ATK: 1; AC: 1 dodge; SAVE: 1 dodge,reflex; SPEED: 30 enhancement; [D: 8]]
The Lonely Warrior: [ATTACK (M)] Axe [EFFECTS +1] [1d20+13 = 20]
Attack [20] -> [at Koh] [MISS]
The Lonely Warrior: [ATTACK (M)] Axe [EFFECTS +1] [1d20+13 = 14]
Attack [14] -> [at Koh] [AUTOMATIC MISS]
The Lonely Warrior: [ATTACK (M)] Axe [EFFECTS +1] [1d20+8 = 22]
Attack [22] -> [at Koh] [HIT]
The Lonely Warrior: [DAMAGE (M)] Axe [TYPE: slashing (1d10+9=11)] [1d10+9 = 11]
Damage [11] -> [to Koh]
Koh: [SAVE] Fortitude [1d20+7 = 15]
[TURN] Lomman Stormchest - [Power Attack (one handed); ATK: -2 melee; CMB: -2 melee; DMG: 4 melee | Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex; [D: 6]]
[TURN] Breath of Despair Trap
[ROUND 4]
[TURN] Walben Wobblekettle - [Bond to the Land 11(Forrest); AC: 2 | Mage Armor; AC: 4 | Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex; [D: 6]]
Walben Wobblekettle: Scorching Ray
Walben Wobblekettle: Scorching Ray
Walben Wobblekettle: [CAST] Scorching Ray [at The Lonely Warrior]
Walben Wobblekettle: [ATTACK (R)] Scorching Ray [TOUCH] [-4] [1d20+5 = 18]
Attack [18] -> [at The Lonely Warrior] [DEF EFFECTS +1] [HIT]
Walben Wobblekettle: [DAMAGE] Scorching Ray [TYPE: fire,spell (4d6=17)] [4d6 = 17]
Damage [17] -> [to The Lonely Warrior] [STATUS: Wounded]
Walben Wobblekettle: [CAST] Scorching Ray [at The Lonely Warrior]
Walben Wobblekettle: [ATTACK (R)] Scorching Ray [TOUCH] [-4] [1d20+5 = 8]
Attack [8] -> [at The Lonely Warrior] [DEF EFFECTS +1] [MISS]
[TURN] Taboo - [Power Attack; ATK: -2 melee; CMD: -2 melee; DMG: 4 melee | Exhausted; Moves at half speed | Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex; [D: 6]]
[TURN] Perlivash - [Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex; [D: 6]]
Perlivash: Grease
Perlivash: [CAST] Grease [at The Lonely Warrior]
The Lonely Warrior: [SAVE] Reflex [EFFECTS +1] [1d20+6 = 7]
Save [7][vs. DC 15] -> [for The Lonely Warrior] [vs Perlivash] [FAILURE]
Effect ['Grease; prone'] -> [to The Lonely Warrior] [by Perlivash]
[TURN] Koh - [nlvl: 3]
Effect ['Prone'] -> [to The Lonely Warrior] [by Koh]
Koh: [ATTACK (M)] +1 Falcata (Main) [CRIT 19] [1d20+11 = 20]
Attack [20] -> [at The Lonely Warrior] [DEF EFFECTS -3] [MISS]
Koh: [ATTACK (M)] Cold Iron Falcata (Off) [CRIT 19] [1d20+11 = 15]
Attack [15] -> [at The Lonely Warrior] [DEF EFFECTS -3] [MISS]
Koh: [ATTACK #2 (M)] +1 Falcata (Single) [CRIT 19] [1d20+9 = 26]
Attack [26] -> [at The Lonely Warrior] [DEF EFFECTS -3] [MISS]
[TURN] Calex Shadowbourne - [Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex; [D: 5] | Fiendish Resistance; RESIST: 5 cold; RESIST: 5 fire; RESIST: 5 electricity | Arcane Pool; DMG: 2; ATK: 2; DMGTYPE: magic; [D: 7] | Flaming Burst; DMGTYPE: fire; DMG: 1d6; [D: 7] | Mirror Image; 1d8; [D: 79]]
Calex Shadowbourne: [CAST] Chill Touch (vs Undead) [at The Lonely Warrior]
The Lonely Warrior: [SAVE] Will [1d20+8 = 17]
Save [17][vs. DC 16] -> [for The Lonely Warrior] [vs Calex Shadowbourne] [SUCCESS]
Calex Shadowbourne: [ATTACK (M)] Chill Touch (vs Undead) [TOUCH] [EFFECTS +2] [1d20+9 = 26]
Attack [26] -> [at The Lonely Warrior] [DEF EFFECTS -3] [HIT]
Effect ['Sneak Attack; DMG: 3d6'] -> [EXPIRED] [on Belthazor]
[TURN] Belthazor - [Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex; [D: 5] | Flanking; ATK: 2]
[TURN] The Lonely Warrior - [Haste; ATK: 1; AC: 1 dodge; SAVE: 1 dodge,reflex; SPEED: 30 enhancement; [D: 7] | Grease; prone | Prone]
Calex Shadowbourne: [ATTACK (M)] +1 Cold Iron Scimitar (1H) [MOD:DEX] [CRIT 15] [EFFECTS +2] [1d20+15 = 22]
Attack [22] -> [at The Lonely Warrior] [DEF EFFECTS -3] [MISS]
The Lonely Warrior: [ATTACK (M)] Axe [EFFECTS -3] [1d20+9 = 29]
Attack [29] -> [at Calex Shadowbourne] [DEF EFFECTS +1] [AUTOMATIC HIT]
The Lonely Warrior: [ATTACK (M)] Axe [EFFECTS -3] [CONFIRM] [1d20+9 = 23]
Attack [23] -> [at Calex Shadowbourne] [CRITICAL HIT]
GM:  [1d8 = 2]
[TURN] Lomman Stormchest - [Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex; [D: 5]]
Effect ['Mirror Image; 1d7'] -> [to Calex Shadowbourne]
Lomman Stormchest: [ATTACK (M)] Waraxe, dwarven [CRIT 19] [1d20+14 = 20]
Attack [20] -> [at The Lonely Warrior] [DEF EFFECTS +1] [MISS]
Lomman Stormchest: [ATTACK (M)] Waraxe, dwarven [CRIT 19] [1d20+14 = 15]
Attack [15] -> [at The Lonely Warrior] [DEF EFFECTS +1] [AUTOMATIC MISS]
Lomman Stormchest: [ATTACK (M)] Waraxe, dwarven [CRIT 19] [1d20+14 = 33]
Attack [33] -> [at The Lonely Warrior] [DEF EFFECTS +1] [CRITICAL THREAT]
Lomman Stormchest: [ATTACK (M)] Waraxe, dwarven [CRIT 19] [CONFIRM] [1d20+14 = 20]
Attack [20] -> [at The Lonely Warrior] [CRIT NOT CONFIRMED]
Lomman Stormchest: [DAMAGE (M)] Waraxe, dwarven [TYPE: slashing (1d10+7=15)] [1d10+7 = 15]
Damage [15] -> [to The Lonely Warrior]
[TURN] Breath of Despair Trap
[ROUND 5]
[TURN] Walben Wobblekettle - [Bond to the Land 11(Forrest); AC: 2 | Mage Armor; AC: 4 | Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex; [D: 5]]
Walben Wobblekettle: Scorching Ray
Walben Wobblekettle: Scorching Ray
Walben Wobblekettle: [CAST] Scorching Ray [at The Lonely Warrior]
Walben Wobblekettle: [ATTACK (R)] Scorching Ray [TOUCH] [-4] [1d20+5 = 15]
Attack [15] -> [at The Lonely Warrior] [DEF EFFECTS +1] [HIT]
Walben Wobblekettle: [DAMAGE] Scorching Ray [TYPE: fire,spell (4d6=19)] [4d6 = 19]
Damage [19] -> [to The Lonely Warrior] [STATUS: Heavy]
Walben Wobblekettle: [CAST] Scorching Ray [at The Lonely Warrior]
Walben Wobblekettle: [ATTACK (R)] Scorching Ray [TOUCH] [-4] [1d20+5 = 6]
Attack [6] -> [at The Lonely Warrior] [DEF EFFECTS +1] [AUTOMATIC MISS]
[TURN] Taboo - [Power Attack; ATK: -2 melee; CMD: -2 melee; DMG: 4 melee | Exhausted; Moves at half speed | Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex; [D: 5]]
[TURN] Perlivash - [Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex; [D: 5]]
Perlivash: Grease
Effect ['Grease; prone'] -> [to The Lonely Warrior] [by Perlivash]
Perlivash: [CAST] Grease [at The Lonely Warrior]
The Lonely Warrior: [SAVE] Reflex [EFFECTS +1] [1d20+6 = 11]
Save [11][vs. DC 15] -> [for The Lonely Warrior] [vs Perlivash] [FAILURE]
Effect ['Grease; prone'] -> [to The Lonely Warrior] [by Perlivash]
[TURN] Koh - [nlvl: 3]
GM:  [2d8 = 11]
Koh: +3 [2d8+3 = 19]
[TURN] Calex Shadowbourne - [Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex; [D: 4] | Fiendish Resistance; RESIST: 5 cold; RESIST: 5 fire; RESIST: 5 electricity | Arcane Pool; DMG: 2; ATK: 2; DMGTYPE: magic; [D: 6] | Flaming Burst; DMGTYPE: fire; DMG: 1d6; [D: 6] | Mirror Image; 1d7; [D: 79]]
Calex Shadowbourne: [ATTACK (M)] +1 Cold Iron Scimitar (1H) [MOD:DEX] [CRIT 15] [FULL] [EFFECTS +2] [1d20+15 = 35]
Attack [35] -> [at The Lonely Warrior] [DEF EFFECTS -3] [AUTOMATIC HIT]
Calex Shadowbourne: [ATTACK #2 (M)] +1 Cold Iron Scimitar (1H) [MOD:DEX] [CRIT 15] [FULL] [EFFECTS +2] [1d20+10 = 21]
Attack [21] -> [at The Lonely Warrior] [DEF EFFECTS -3] [MISS]
Calex Shadowbourne: [ATTACK (M)] +1 Cold Iron Scimitar (1H) [MOD:DEX] [CRIT 15] [FULL] [EFFECTS +2] [CONFIRM] [1d20+15 = 22]
Attack [22] -> [at The Lonely Warrior] [CRIT NOT CONFIRMED]
Calex Shadowbourne: [ATTACK (M)] +1 Cold Iron Scimitar (1H) [MOD:DEX] [CRIT 15] [EFFECTS +2] [1d20+15 = 16]
Attack [16] -> [at The Lonely Warrior] [DEF EFFECTS -3] [AUTOMATIC MISS]
Calex Shadowbourne: [DAMAGE (M)] +1 Cold Iron Scimitar (1H) [EFFECTS 1d6+2] [TYPE: magic, cold iron, slashing,fire (2d6+9=18)] [1d6+1p6+9 = 18]
Damage [18] -> [to The Lonely Warrior]
Calex Shadowbourne: [CAST] Chill Touch (vs Undead) [at The Lonely Warrior]
Calex Shadowbourne: [ATTACK (M)] Chill Touch (vs Undead) [TOUCH] [EFFECTS +2] [1d20+9 = 22]
Attack [22] -> [at The Lonely Warrior] [DEF EFFECTS -3] [HIT]
The Lonely Warrior: [SAVE] Will [1d20+8 = 27]
Save [27][vs. DC 16] -> [for The Lonely Warrior] [vs Calex Shadowbourne] [SUCCESS]
[TURN] Belthazor - [Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex; [D: 4] | Flanking; ATK: 2]
Belthazor: [ATTACK (R)] Crossbow, hand [CRIT 19] [EFFECTS +2] [-4] [1d20+5 = 11]
Attack [11] -> [at The Lonely Warrior] [DEF EFFECTS +5] [MISS]
[TURN] The Lonely Warrior - [Haste; ATK: 1; AC: 1 dodge; SAVE: 1 dodge,reflex; SPEED: 30 enhancement; [D: 6] | Grease; prone]
Calex Shadowbourne: [ATTACK (M)] +1 Cold Iron Scimitar (1H) [MOD:DEX] [CRIT 15] [EFFECTS +2] [1d20+15 = 32]
Attack [32] -> [at The Lonely Warrior] [DEF EFFECTS -3] [CRITICAL THREAT]
Calex Shadowbourne: [ATTACK (M)] +1 Cold Iron Scimitar (1H) [MOD:DEX] [CRIT 15] [EFFECTS +2] [CONFIRM] [1d20+15 = 17]
Attack [17] -> [at The Lonely Warrior] [CRIT NOT CONFIRMED]
Lomman Stormchest: [ATTACK (M)] Waraxe, dwarven [CRIT 19] [1d20+14 = 32]
Attack [32] -> [at The Lonely Warrior] [DEF EFFECTS -3] [HIT]
Calex Shadowbourne: [DAMAGE (M)] +1 Cold Iron Scimitar (1H) [EFFECTS 1d6+2] [TYPE: magic, cold iron, slashing,fire (2d6+9=18)] [1d6+1p6+9 = 18]
Damage [18] -> [to The Lonely Warrior]
The Lonely Warrior: [SAVE] Will [1d20+8 = 28]
Save [28][vs. DC 16] -> [for The Lonely Warrior] [vs Calex Shadowbourne] [SUCCESS]
Lomman Stormchest: [DAMAGE (M)] Waraxe, dwarven [TYPE: slashing (1d10+7=17)] [1d10+7 = 17]
Damage [17] -> [to The Lonely Warrior] [STATUS: Dead]
Calex Shadowbourne: [SKILL] Spellcraft [1d20+16 = 27]
Perlivash: [SKILL] Spellcraft [1d20+14 = 26]
Calex Shadowbourne: [SKILL] Spellcraft [1d20+16 = 35]
[PARTY] -> [Lomman Stormchest] : +2 bane waraxe, dwarven
[PARTY] -> [Lomman Stormchest] : +1 shield, heavy steel
[PARTY] -> [Koh] : +2 mithral chainmail
[Koh] -> [PARTY] : Chainmail Armor +1
[Koh] -> [PARTY] : Chain shirt
Lomman Stormchest: [SKILL] Perception [1d20+5 = 19]
Lomman Stormchest: [SKILL] Perception [1d20+5 = 23]
Calex Shadowbourne: [INIT] [1d20+8 = 17]
Perlivash: [INIT] [1d20+3 = 21]
[TURN] Lomman Stormchest - [Haste; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 reflex; [D: 4]]
Four tunnels exit this circular chamber in the cardinal directions. Four large monstrous faces, carved from stone, leer and grimace from each of the walls between the tunnel entrances. A skeleton sprawls facedown in the middle of the room.
Calex Shadowbourne: [SKILL] Spellcraft [1d20+16 = 25]
Belthazor: [SKILL] Perception [1d20+12 = 29]
Perlivash: [SKILL] Spellcraft [1d20+14 = 17]
Belthazor: [SKILL] Disable Device [1d20+11 = 29]
[PARTY] -> [Calex Shadowbourne] : Ring of Sustenance
Walben Wobblekettle: Cure Light Wounds
Walben Wobblekettle: Cure Light Wounds
Walben Wobblekettle: [HEAL] Cure Light Wounds [1d8+5 = 13]
Heal [13] -> [to Koh]
Walben Wobblekettle: [HEAL] Cure Light Wounds [1d8+5 = 13]
Heal [13] -> [to Koh] [STATUS: Wounded]
GM: Party taking overnight rest.
Walben Wobblekettle: Cure Light Wounds
Walben Wobblekettle: [HEAL] Cure Light Wounds [1d8+5 = 13]
Heal [13] -> [to Koh]
Walben Wobblekettle: [HEAL] Cure Light Wounds [1d8+5 = 9]
Heal [9] -> [to Taboo]
Walben Wobblekettle: Cure Light Wounds
GM:  [1d100 = 82]
GM:  [1d100 = 77]
GM:  [1d100 = 10]
GM:  [1d100 = 5]
GM:
 Southern Greenbelt Encounter Table: Hills =  [1d100 = 27]
2d6 Elk
GM: 
 Southern Greenbelt Encounter Table: Hills =  [1d100 = 88]
2d6 Wolves
GM:  [2d6 = 9]
GM:  [1d100 = 64]
GM:  [1d100 = 88]
GM:  [1d100 = 54]
GM:  [1d100 = 65]
GM:  [1d100 = 29]
GM:  [1d100 = 67]
GM:  [1d100 = 85]
GM:  [1d100 = 85]
The date is Wealday, 25th Kuthona, 4712 Age of Lost Omens

This message was last edited by the GM at 20:05, Sun 13 Jan 2019.

DM
 GM, 481 posts
Mon 14 Jan 2019
at 16:48
07: The Birth of a Nation
In reply to DM (msg # 59):

The date is Moonday, 25th of Kuthona, 4711 Age of Lost Omens.

Belthazor made his way into the catacombs with Lomman following him at a short distance.
Despite feeling the pulse of energy the previous day when opening the tomb, there seemed to be no detrimental effects and the dust on the stone stairs was undisturbed.

They first made their way into an octagonal antechamber that displayed graven scenes of dwarven life.  Lomman studied the stone work for items of interest and found many, but none of them noteworthy of danger or treasure.  Belthazor was wary of traps as he pressed further in.  Calex, Walben and Taboo made their way down the stairs seeing that Lomman and Belthazor were unmolested, with Perlivash flittering about anxiously.

Moving further into the complex via a tunnel opposite the entry stairs, Belthazor examined another octagonal chamber with the exits at the four cardinal points and carved dwarven faces in the stone in between.  A skeletal body of a long dead tomb robber lay in the middle of the chamber.  Belthazor studied the area for magic and found two sources, a ring on the skeletal remains and the area of the floor beneath him.  "There's a trap in this chamber! Be wary..."

He whispered hoarsely as he peered down the passages.  He could hear the clanks of metal first before he saw them, but it was apparent that the dead did not rest easy in this place.

Squads of skeletal warriors were coming from the north and south, while directly ahead he could see two cold pinpricks of light in the darkness.  As his eyes focused, he could see an armored figured wreathed in dark energy crawl from atop a funeral bier, its eyes fixed on him.

Walben began to move to the tunnel as Taboo raced past him.  The tiger, not understanding Belthazor's warning of traps, raced into the chamber as skeletons clad in breastplates, bearing shields and swords, poured into the chamber from the north and south passages.  Taboo met them and attacked as he pushed past Belthazor.  The dwarven face on the northwest wall issued forth a beam of dark energy that struck Taboo.  Taboo met the skeletons and began the battle, holding off a row of them despite being drained of his vitality.

Koh flew through the central chamber and down the passage where the lone warrior was getting to his feet, putting herself at the edge of the chamber and between her companions and this dangerous undead warrior.  She called out as she past the others, "That door is closing up there!"

Lomman and Walben gained the chamber, Walben hurling fire and Lomman laying into the skeletal warriors with his axe.  Calex joined the fray, with Belthazor firing his crossbow into the battle.  The skeletons did not fall easy and it took some time to dispatch them, Taboo suffering the debilitating effects of the black energy rays as the tiger battled in the center of the room.

Koh was met with a rush as the lone warrior moved with unnatural speed, and struck with his wicked looking axe.  It was clear this was no normal skeleton.  When the first axe strike hit, she could feel her limbs grow cold.  She was unable to penetrate the mithral chainmail and stout shield that the dwarven warrior defended himself with, while she felt the axe keenly on numerous occasions.  As she felt as though she might fall, her companions raced into the fray enabling her to retreat and drink a potion.

Walben's rays of fire, Lomman's axe striking true and Calex's electrical blade were enough to bring the warrior to a halt, but the fight would have gone much differently had Koh not held the threat off long enough to enable a coordinated assault.

When the battle ended and the tomb was searched, the group found a myriad of mundane weapons and armor, as well as four items with magical qualities.

The lone warrior's axe, shield and armor were magical.  Lomman claimed the axe and shield while Koh claimed the armor.  There was a magical ring that the body of the slain tomb robber wore and Calex knew he could benefit from the magic.

The most powerful item as the ancient dwarven waraxe that bore a powerful enchantment against fey creatures.  The mithral chainmail was light and with some adjustments by Lomman back in Hexhill, would clearly be an upgrade for Koh as it would not hinder her flight.

The ring enabled the wearer to go without food or rest for extended periods of time.  It was clear that the tomb robber did not die of starvation.

One final problem remained.  The tomb had sealed itself off again.  When they could not initially find a mechanism to open the door  at the top of the stairs or around the door itself, panic gripped some members.  Would they be sealed in unable to free themselves?  They gathered themselves and after a few hours figured out a sequence of pressing in the eyes of the carved dwarven faces in the central chamber.

With Belthazor the last to exit the chamber, the tomb resealed itself.  The group gathered at their campsite and took to resting, while Walben and Calex used their magic to cross the Gurdrin River to the south.  They travelled to Jovoxx, which was no more than a couple of hours away from the river and met with the gnomes that lived there.
DM
 GM, 482 posts
Mon 14 Jan 2019
at 17:02
07: The Birth of a Nation
In reply to DM (msg # 60):

The date is Toilday, 26th of Kuthona, 4711 in the Age of Lost Omens.

After asking around and finding the only gnome they knew, they found Jubilost Narthropple in his office and told him of their discovery a handful miles north of their village.

They brokered a deal where they would hand over the rights to salvage the armor and weapons of the tomb in return for shipping the goods and materials accumulated by the trolls back to Hexhill.  They also used the opportunity to meet with a few other gnomes of significance and told them of their discovery of the dwarven watchtower.  They knew the place was of interest to Lomman and could see it as a defensive location to be utilized in their kingdom.

They learned more of Mivon, the River Kingdom that Jovoxx technically was located in, and found that it's northern border in the east was marked by the Gurdrin River.  Jubilost and a small team of gnomes with a magical boat that folded into a small wooden cube accompanied them back to the watchtower early in the day.

Koh was still looking frightfully pale from the battle with the dwarven cairn wight, and Taboo was just regaining his strength from the magical trap.  They showed Jubilost the workings of the tomb door and the array of weapons and armor.  Hey eagerly agreed that a joint salvage effort would benefit both parties.

The group rested one more day and the gnomes arrived en masse the next day to begin the job of transporting the goods to the river and loading their boats for transport to Hexhill.
DM
 GM, 483 posts
Mon 14 Jan 2019
at 17:12
07: The Birth of a Nation
In reply to DM (msg # 61):

The date is Moonday, 1st of Abadius 4712, in the Age of Lost Omens.

Having returned to Hexhill a day or two prior to the final day of 4711, the group relaxed and celebrated the New Year with the other inhabitants of their settlement.  The steady snow that fell was no hindrance to the festivities.

The first day of 4712 was marked by a solemn ceremony led by Ayami honoring those who had given their lives to the building of the Marchlands.

The shipments of building materials were also organized and the group plotted how best to use them from their partially completed castle atop the northern hill.  The walls would be complete by the summer and the entire structure complete within a year.  The grand bridge across the Shrike would also be fully completed opening up the rocky hills of the Kamelands to further exploration.  Just making it functional lead to several results. The trolls who were gathering in the southern Kamelands were bereft of leadership and would no longer be an organized menace.  The dwarven watchtower, now laying fallow, would serve as an excellent site to defend the southern portion of the growing Kingdom.  Lomman talked of manning the watchtower come the spring and had begun organizing and training a group of dedicated guardsmen to keep an eye out for threats from the south.  It was also conveniently placed with regards to Jovvox and a growing relationship with the gnomes of the Mivon town was definitely a boon.

Also, while they were away on the previous sojourn, a group of hunters from Restov had cornered and killed the worg Howl-of-the-North-Wind, and a menace that had long plagued the Kamelands had come to a close.

The general attitude of the town was festive, despite the harsh winter they would have to endure and everything was seeded for expansion into the Tuskwater region before a growth boom in the spring.  Things were looking up, and overall, the group was extremely pleased with the progress they had made.

The Marchlands had a solid foundation on which to grow into an actual River Kingdom, one without the lawlessness, banditry and petty lords who seemed to hold sway in the other kingdoms of this area.  It was a prosperous land rich in natural bounties, and their list of allies including the fey or the Narlmarches, the gnomes of Mivon and the Swordlords of Restov was a strong starting point from which to grow.  A road was carved through the Northern Kamelands and Greenbelt between Hexhill and Oleg's Trading Post, which enabled trade from the south that had previously been cut off from river travel through the Hooktongue Slough.  Another village had sprung up of its own volition in the heart of the Narlmarches, and Tatzlford was at the very worst an ally, and at best a town soon to come under the protection of their holdings proper.  A full year had not completely past, but all this was done by the bravery and hard work of the Marchions of the Marchlands and the brave people who had settled it.

This message was last edited by the GM at 16:32, Thu 17 Jan 2019.