IC: Cornelia.   Posted by Narrator.Group: 0
Roff Donzu
 Bangaa Rogue, 48 posts
Sun 11 Jul 2021
at 19:12
Re: IC: Cornelia
"Tut, tut. That's no way to talk about cats," Donzu said, grinning at Abby Zanna. "But before you eat Mog, ma'am, I'd recommend trying the buffet. The bread and sausages are only moderate, but these strange flat things are quite tasty, and not nearly as tough and chewy as a Moogle."

He bowed genteelly. "I am Roff Donzu, professional speculator and esteemed royal agent. Pleased to make your acquaintance. What brings you to Cornelia in these troubled times?"
Abby Zana
 Mithra Witch, 9 posts
 HP: 16/16 AC13/13/10
 F:1 R:3 W:4
Sun 11 Jul 2021
at 20:13
Re: IC: Cornelia

"Mohh..." The keeps word didn't please her, but Roff words gave her a much healthier outlet. As such she turned to him with a smile again. "Of course not. I have to play with him first. And dont think bad of me, one of my sisters looked just your size and color. Nya," The last part towards the moogle.

After ordering her share of the buffet. Fish. She once again turned to Roff. Now without the keep away. "A pleasure here. Abby Zana at your service. Just trying to watch the world, find interesting things, see how far I can reach in this world." Lifting a finger she spoke a few arcane words and a glowing sphere appeared floating in the air, but only a few seconds. "Just the usual. How about you Mister Roff? Nya."
Mog
 Moogle Summoner, 37 posts
Mon 12 Jul 2021
at 02:42
Re: IC: Cornelia
Abby Zana:
"You look sooo adorable that I could just eat you!" Suddenly she turned all smiles and almost made to grab him before stopping herself.


Ugh a granny type? He knew he was a bute kid, but why did they have to be like that? If she starts pinching my cheeks I'm out of here.

Abby Zana:
"Mohh..." The keeps word didn't please her, but Roff words gave her a much healthier outlet. As such she turned to him with a smile again. "Of course not. I have to play with him first. And dont think bad of me, one of my sisters looked just your size and color. Nya," The last part towards the moogle.


Oh. Not a granny, a big sis type. Probably worse! Mog thought. Still, he smiled and waved a hand.
Escar
 Elvaan Fighter, 45 posts
Mon 12 Jul 2021
at 02:58
Re: IC: Cornelia
Escar wasn't sure what to think of the newcomer, or the weird look from the innkeep.

The people in this city were so strange.

Still, the food was quite good. Escar enjoyed the breakfast, not smiling, but nodding carefully and analyzing each bite. "Even by my home country's standards, this would be acceptable."


Though it didn't sound like it, this was actually about as high a compliment a San d'Orian could give.

She remained mostly silent until she saw the arcane gesture.

"You are a mage? A useful and rare skill.

Perhaps she could be useful, assuming she wasn't a spy? That seemed unlikely.
Roff Donzu
 Bangaa Rogue, 49 posts
Tue 13 Jul 2021
at 02:05
Re: IC: Cornelia
"That's an admirable way of looking at the world," Donzu said to Abby. "I share a similar philosophy ordinarily, although just yesterday we were charged by the king with rescuing his daughter!

"I suppose you weren't here to see all of yesterday's excitement, but it appears that a noble knight known as Garland was suddenly taken with a strange madness and rebelled against the king, slaying several of his former comrades and kidnapping the princess! The guards were powerless to stop him, and now the king in his desperate state has asked us to pursue Garland and recover his daughter."


Donzu shrugged and grinned. "I'm not sure how we're going to do it, to be quite honest! But if you don't mind the danger, there's sure to be a grand reward waiting for us if we succeed, so if you want to take the risk, feel free to join us."
Abby Zana
 Mithra Witch, 10 posts
 HP: 16/16 AC13/13/10
 F:1 R:3 W:4
Tue 13 Jul 2021
at 07:44
Re: IC: Cornelia

Escar:
"Even by my home country's standards, this would be acceptable."

"I hope so. That look wasnt nice." She totally decided to ignore her participation on that fact. The food better be good.

Escar:
"You are a mage? A useful and rare skill.

"Thanks. Took some time. But in the end so all good things in life."

She listened at first absently Roff's story, gaining more and more of her attention with each word. At the end she looked gobsmacked. "Wait. That was why this people look so restless? no jest?" The look around the place where answer enough.

She took a moment and then looked up. "Sure I will go. Sounds interesting."
Narrator
 GM, 393 posts
Tue 13 Jul 2021
at 14:29
Re: IC: Cornelia
The door swings open and in walks Zell. He lowers his hood and walks over to the bar without a single word. He seems to have some rain upon him and looks a bit ragged. Zell orders something from the dwarf who goes into the backroom and comes back out with some liquid, hard to make out. He sits down at the bar, staring into it and taking a few sips.
Roff Donzu
 Bangaa Rogue, 51 posts
Fri 16 Jul 2021
at 01:17
Re: IC: Cornelia
"Excellent! The more the merrier, not mention safer! Welcome to our humble party!" Donzu said to Abby. Then, leaning closer he said in a low voice, "Speaking of our party, do you see that fellow at the bar?" He motioned toward Zell. "He's a part of our little band, too, but he had a bit of a falling out with Escar last night over this and that, and we haven't seen him since. A tough nut to crack, our Zell."

Donzu turned to Escar and Mog. "What do you say, fellows? Probably time to go mend the ol' fences, bury the hatchet, smooth the troubled waters and all that, wot?"
Escar
 Elvaan Fighter, 46 posts
Fri 16 Jul 2021
at 07:46
Re: IC: Cornelia
Escar shrugged. "I have no issue working with Zell, but I'm not sure what his problem is.

I honestly do not mind if he hates me, so long as we can accomplish our goals."

Mog
 Moogle Summoner, 38 posts
Fri 16 Jul 2021
at 20:28
Re: IC: Cornelia
Mog paused his energetic eating long enough to shrug, then got back to the business at hand. If they needed his help he'd go over there.  if Escar wasn't even going to talk to him, then it wasn't really his problem.
Narrator
 GM, 400 posts
Sat 17 Jul 2021
at 02:01
Re: IC: Cornelia
The druid looks over at the group, then goes back to drinking from his mug. He stands up, pulling his hood up and goes towards the door leading out but pauses. The dwarf grumbles from behind the bar, watching the area. He ducks down behind the bar for a moment and goes over to the door, holding out a small bag. Zell takes it, nodding his head.

Dhaka goes back to the bar and sits down, resting his feet on it. He leans back and stretches, yawning at times. The waitresses go to each table, checking on them and taking away any plates and mugs as some leave. Some go back to the bar, giving the keep any earnings and he nods. No one seems to be paying attention but one of them slaps the rear of a waitress. Upon seeing this, the dwarf gets up and rolls up his sleeves. He walks over to him, mutters something and the man goes to stand up. Dhaka shoves him down into his chair. The waitress watches this, tears in her eyes. He whispers something to the man who bites his lip as everyone turns towards them. Allowing him to stand, the man walks out, Zell moving to the side as he leaves. The dwarf grumbles and he motions for her to sit by the fire to calm herself and with that she does as told.
Roff Donzu
 Bangaa Rogue, 52 posts
Sun 18 Jul 2021
at 01:06
Re: IC: Cornelia
"Zell, come sit with us, friend," Donzu called, waving a hand toward the druid. "No sense harboring a grudge; we'll all need to work together if we're to succeed, so best let bygones be bygones."

He held out a hand toward Abby. "Besides, there's someone here you should meet. We have a new ally to our cause!"
Zell
 Hume Druid, 5 posts
Sun 18 Jul 2021
at 19:19
Re: IC: Cornelia
Its hard to tell if he is even upset or angry, his face is withdrawn. Zell walks over to them. He is quiet. Not a hint of any emotions.
Mog
 Moogle Summoner, 39 posts
Tue 20 Jul 2021
at 14:07
Re: IC: Cornelia
As Zell comes over, Mog stops eating long enough to give him a friendly wave and a big smile.
Abby Zana
 Mithra Witch, 14 posts
 HP: 16/16 AC13/13/10
 F:1 R:3 W:4
Tue 20 Jul 2021
at 20:34
Re: IC: Cornelia
In reply to Zell (msg # 115):

"Hi! Abby here-" His stare was a little unnerving, but she persisted. "-Just arrived here today, but I hope we can work together." His stare looked... Haunted for some reason.
Narrator
 GM, 401 posts
Wed 21 Jul 2021
at 00:02
Re: IC: Cornelia
The druids hand rests upon the moogles shoulder. He nods to Abby as he drops a bag in front of Mog. Interesting. The waitress takes anything left over and provides a small bag full of bits and pieces of food. He pulls up his hood "Time is of the essence. Shall we go?" Zell speaks out.
Abby Zana
 Mithra Witch, 15 posts
 HP: 16/16 AC13/13/10
 F:1 R:3 W:4
Wed 21 Jul 2021
at 03:07
Re: IC: Cornelia

*Blink* *Blink*. "Go? Where?" Things were lookinggood. Maybe he had already found the pincess. Lucky them, Zell was a super tracked from the look of things. Mithra that can track under the rain can be counted with the fingers of one hand.
With that feeling she got up to follow.
Roff Donzu
 Bangaa Rogue, 53 posts
Wed 21 Jul 2021
at 18:59
Re: IC: Cornelia
"Excellent!" Donzu said. He picked up one last bit of sausage, tossed it in the air and caught it with a quick snap of his sharp teeth, before standing up next to Abby. "Yes, let's be on our way. What have you been up to, Zell? Have you learned something new?"
Mog
 Moogle Summoner, 40 posts
Thu 22 Jul 2021
at 00:34
Re: IC: Cornelia
Abby Zana:
*Blink* *Blink*. "Go? Where?" Things were lookinggood. Maybe he had already found the pincess. Lucky them, Zell was a super tracked from the look of things. Mithra that can track under the rain can be counted with the fingers of one hand.
With that feeling she got up to follow.


Mog gestured enthusiastically. "We've got a princess to save!" Now that he's eaten, he's ready to face the day and boldly rescue the princess. He's only slightly haunted by the mass-murder of guards he saw the Black Knight was capable of.
Abby Zana
 Mithra Witch, 17 posts
 HP: 16/16 AC13/13/10
 F:1 R:3 W:4
Thu 22 Jul 2021
at 07:17
Re: IC: Cornelia

"I meant if he found the place. Can't just run around like headless chickens. Besides, I have less than 5 minutes on the job." She complained in good nature with a smile on her face.
Zell
 Hume Druid, 6 posts
Thu 22 Jul 2021
at 17:42
Re: IC: Cornelia
Lowering his head, he turns and goes towards the door without a word knowing the trip will be a long one. He pauses as he hears the bangai ask "No." No beating around the bush. He pulls out a strange pearl and srares at it then puts it into his pocket.
Narrator
 GM, 406 posts
Fri 23 Jul 2021
at 01:10
Re: IC: Cornelia
A cawwing sound comes from the closed doorway.
Roff Donzu
 Bangaa Rogue, 55 posts
Sat 24 Jul 2021
at 00:56
Re: IC: Cornelia
Donzu stood up and picked up his weapons. "Well, looks like we're following Zell somewhere," he said with a shrug. "Sounds like his chocobo is out there, so mind your hands around it! That creature can be a bit snappy at times."

Hmmm... are chocobos carnivorous? Donzu didn't know, but he supposed he should stand between it and Mog just in case. As he started for the door, he asked Mog, "What's in the bag Zell gave you? Not more kupo nuts, I hope..."
Mog
 Moogle Summoner, 41 posts
Sat 24 Jul 2021
at 14:27
Re: IC: Cornelia
"I dunno, kupo..."

Everyone kept giving him bags here. People were so generous here. He opened it up to see what was inside.
Mog
 Moogle Summoner, 45 posts
Sun 25 Jul 2021
at 04:35
Re: IC: Cornelia
"HA! It is. Man I am going to be hopped up on these things for DAYS!"