(IC) Cornelia: Forest.   Posted by Narrator.Group: 0
Narrator
 GM, 463 posts
Sun 15 Aug 2021
at 00:47
(IC) Cornelia: Forest
Day and night passes unevenfully. Everyone seems focused on the task and soon they come across a ruined temple. There seems to be only one way inside with a closed door. Zell slowly lowers Mog to the ground, and unsheathes his scimitar but leaves his shield upon his back. He looks around for any signs of life but everything seems overgrown. Its eerily quiet. Not a bird or any other wildlife around as if its abandoned least for wildlife. Its eery. The rogue left a message for the group bidding them good luck but he had to depart and possibly return home.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/0f/36/16/0f3616d7a964f076ff45d9526ae9d17d.png

This message was last edited by the GM at 02:40, Sun 15 Aug.

Abby Zana
 Mithra Witch, 54 posts
 HP: 16/16 AC13/13/10
 F:1 R:3 W:4
Sun 15 Aug 2021
at 03:42
(IC) Cornelia: Forest

The place was covered by the green. Ussualy that was ok for her, but it was also eerily quiet... The hair on the back of her neck stood on end. "Is it ussualy this quiet?" She threw the question, hopeing for an answer. On her hands she had her trusty crossbow.
Mog
 Moogle Summoner, 69 posts
Sun 15 Aug 2021
at 03:53
(IC) Cornelia: Forest
"Here? It seems like there is nothing here." He looked around at the temple. "Nothing moving around anyway." He nervously clinched his spear. Something about this place gave him the creeps.
Escar
 Elvaan Fighter, 65 posts
Sun 15 Aug 2021
at 15:30
(IC) Cornelia: Forest
"Hmm. We will have to investigate further."

Naturally, when entering an old abandoned looking temple, probably rife with traps, the rogue had to depart. Very unfortunate.

At least for the next fight they got into today, she'd be wearing her armor.
Narrator
 GM, 466 posts
Tue 17 Aug 2021
at 13:04
(IC) Cornelia: Forest
"No. But it seems ancient. Lost. Animals...regular animals don't go into places that they are not sure of. A wolf patrols near a area before entering for example." The druid grips his sword and slowly approaches.

Escar approaches as well. A decent sized double-door. Zell rests his hand upon it as its got some sort of old runes upon it and then goes to open it but it does mot move.
Abby Zana
 Mithra Witch, 57 posts
 HP: 16/16 AC13/13/10
 F:1 R:3 W:4
Wed 18 Aug 2021
at 17:34
(IC) Cornelia: Forest

"So nothing new here... Just same old, same old." She sounded like she had heard a story till pucking. "Slow and steady. Everyone keep your eyes open as we move. If anyone sees something, dont keep it and infor at all of us." Now if only she didnt feel like she was missing something, everything would be all right in the world.


OOC:
12:30, Today: Abby Zana rolled 8 using 1d20+7.  Perception.

Zell
 Hume Druid, 16 posts
Wed 18 Aug 2021
at 18:17
(IC) Cornelia: Forest
The druid gives the witch a odd look "You seem to be acting very strange. Perhaps this place has started to effect you, but how that remains unknown." He pets the chocobo but doesn't tie him up for some strange reason "Do not scare the moogle." He glances at the others >"Slow and steady, stick together." He goes to press against the door but its not moving. Zell stops and motions Escar to push with him.
Mog
 Moogle Summoner, 72 posts
Wed 18 Aug 2021
at 18:32
(IC) Cornelia: Forest
"you think there's going to be combat?" Mog looked at the overrun temple. "I don't intend to be caught without my Friend this time!"  He said with an angry scowl on his face. those arrows had hurt dang it. He began the Ritual that would call from the darkest and most far away Planes of Existence, his mighty Eidolion!
Abby Zana
 Mithra Witch, 58 posts
 HP: 16/16 AC13/13/10
 F:1 R:3 W:4
Thu 19 Aug 2021
at 07:14
(IC) Cornelia: Forest
Abby looked away, some color on her face. "Got lectured a lot. You can only listen something so many times till it scalds your brain." Taking a few breaths to calm down she aimed her bow for when they open the door.


OOC:
13:16, Today: Abby Zana rolled 19 using 1d20+7.  perception.

This message was last edited by the player at 18:17, Fri 20 Aug.

Escar
 Elvaan Fighter, 67 posts
Fri 20 Aug 2021
at 15:32
(IC) Cornelia: Forest
08:31, Today: Escar rolled 20 using 1d20+7 ((13)). Perception

Escar went over to the door and prepared to open it, giving the thing one last look before she tried heaving the thing open. It could very well be trapped with at least an alarm, but they had a job to do.
Narrator
 GM, 474 posts
Sat 21 Aug 2021
at 00:22
(IC) Cornelia: Forest
The door is pushed open into a corridor. Its light with torched. A door is visible straight ahead and the hallway turns to the left and to the right. Zell pauses and motions for the others to wait and steps over something.
Abby Zana
 Mithra Witch, 61 posts
 HP: 16/16 AC13/13/10
 F:1 R:3 W:4
Sat 21 Aug 2021
at 03:17
(IC) Cornelia: Forest

Abby aims up as the druid stepped up, didnt want to shot him by mistake. She couldnt help but feel anxious bout all this. "Do you see anything?" She whipered at Mog at her side.
Escar
 Elvaan Fighter, 68 posts
Sat 21 Aug 2021
at 15:56
(IC) Cornelia: Forest
Escar stopped her movement towards the door and called out "There!"

She then pointed to a tight looking 10' trip wire below the door, running across the hall.

"So, I don't suppose any one has the spells or skills to deal with that? Or should we try tripping it from a distance?"
Zell
 Hume Druid, 17 posts
Sat 21 Aug 2021
at 16:21
(IC) Cornelia: Forest
The druid goes over to it, about a foot away and steps over it. He glances at Escar "Simple." He waits for the others, the chocobo staying behind.
Escar
 Elvaan Fighter, 69 posts
Sat 21 Aug 2021
at 16:36
(IC) Cornelia: Forest
Escar laughed at hersef and put a small dagger mark on the wall to make it more visible after stepping over the thing.


Sorry, too many months countering poachers and bandits: you always set those traps off.

Not much chance of a civilian or wild animal wandering into this tripwire out here though."


Even Mog should be able to cross that easily without tripping it.
Zell
 Hume Druid, 18 posts
Sat 21 Aug 2021
at 17:12
(IC) Cornelia: Forest
Something about her bothers him-seems she might be of noble birth and poachers don't bother with nobility. Why did she had to deal with them? Another look from Zell and he nods. He looks at the taught trip wire and waits for the others to cross it "Its not ment to catch game. Probably ment to protect this place. Or keep people out."
Mog
 Moogle Summoner, 76 posts
Sat 21 Aug 2021
at 19:55
(IC) Cornelia: Forest
One minute after he started, Mog threw his hands up dramatically. The bit and whisps of magic formed and coalesced into the form of a giant serpent. It was a tremendous snake, when coiled up as tall as a Hume with a poited diamond-shaped head and mottled dark green and brown patterning. Mog had always wondered why a formless entity from the furthest Outer Planes would manifest to have forest camouflaged patterns, but he never got around to asking.

Mog looked around to see everyone was already moving on into the Temple without him. "Hey guys! Wait up!" As he rushed to catch up.
Abby Zana
 Mithra Witch, 62 posts
 HP: 16/16 AC13/13/10
 F:1 R:3 W:4
Sun 22 Aug 2021
at 18:33
(IC) Cornelia: Forest

Taking note of the trap she moves forward with the others. Pausing only wave at Mog and let him walk besides her. "I can apply mage armor. Anyone interested?" she asked around.
Narrator
 GM, 475 posts
Tue 24 Aug 2021
at 14:17
(IC) Cornelia: Forest
As the catfolk waits, the druid makes sure the moogle jumps over the trip wire. He moves up ahead but remains within eyeshot of the group a few yards into the temple. He looks to the left and then to the right, back to the center and waits, motioning for the others to follow.
Mog
 Moogle Summoner, 77 posts
Fri 27 Aug 2021
at 15:08
(IC) Cornelia: Forest
Mog followed further behind somewhat nervously. Traps were a clear sign that someone didn't want them there, and the fact that not only had they not been triggered already by people or animals, but that all the other animals were avoiding this place, meant somebody was coming by and fixing them up.
Abby Zana
 Mithra Witch, 65 posts
 HP: 16/16 AC13/13/10
 F:1 R:3 W:4
Mon 30 Aug 2021
at 02:47
(IC) Cornelia: Forest

Not getting any response she made her wao over the trap. Taking remarcable care to not step a hair on it. Swallowing she continued a little behind the others. Wondering all the while what theyy wer going to face first. Because there was no doubt, the trap made sure of it.
Escar
 Elvaan Fighter, 70 posts
Tue 31 Aug 2021
at 07:06
(IC) Cornelia: Forest
Escar contined on, her axe at the ready.

"Not I, but thank you for the offer."

She had decent steel, though she wished it was of better quLity. Hopefully it would serve against whatever they ended up facing.
Narrator
 GM, 477 posts
Tue 31 Aug 2021
at 12:03
(IC) Cornelia: Forest
To the left is another hallway. It has a closed door and another hallway leading northwards. To the right-same thing. Hallway to a door with another door leading northwards as well. In front is a closed massive door. It has a symbol upon it that looks like a circle but its jagged in the center above the handles. It looks broken into 4 pieces.

Zell ponders where to go, glancing down the hallways and stares at the door "It looks like its locked with some sort of key but not sure."
Abby Zana
 Mithra Witch, 66 posts
 HP: 16/16 AC13/13/10
 F:1 R:3 W:4
Wed 1 Sep 2021
at 21:58
(IC) Cornelia: Forest
She just agreed with Escar. This was no picnic. Following the others gave her another point to look at things. Now looking at the door she couldnt help but wonder if there was more. "I will try to see if there is any magic close... May be a magic door." Casting her spell she pointed first at the door before the others and then at the other door.

After getting what she wanted she looked at the others. "The door seems to be enchanted. But I dont know if its a protection or permanency... Could be a magical alarm or a permanency spell nia... and I dont know a spell that can remove those, jet."

OOC:
Detect magic on  the door and if there is time at the other door. But stay where she is.

This message was last edited by the player at 17:11, Thu 02 Sept.

Escar
 Elvaan Fighter, 71 posts
Thu 2 Sep 2021
at 14:15
(IC) Cornelia: Forest
"If no one has any other options, I suppose I could try battering the door, though I suspect that's a bad idea."

Escar walked over to the broken circle on the door and examined it more closely.

(When you say they are broken, do you mean that they are further out than they should be, or in the wrong place on the door (a puzzle) , or there are pieces missing in the circle that are nowhere visible at all (find the doohickey that opens the door.)