The Pale One(s)   Posted by Blayze.Group: 0
Blayze
 GM, 5 posts
Wed 25 Jan 2017
at 22:56
The Pale One(s)
Camp is set up for the day to rest the horses and get organized. Beregen is let off the tree for short, well supervised, personal hygiene breaks. Once a fire is going, you rouse me long enough to get me into more comfortable bedding. Lunch is prepared and eaten, and the decision is made to head back to Illium with Beregen tied to a horse in the middle of the group, as soon as the horses look ready to go.

We travel through the afternoon and into the twilight until we find the smuggler camp where you spent the night on the way in. The guards happily set up camp, continuing to regale your prisoner with exaggerated tales of your exploits, to amuse themselves and keep the prisoner off kilter. Beregen looks annoyed but resigned, like he's willing to wait out the behavior of children, as long as it suits his purposes.

Watches are set, and nothing much happens, so the next morning, after eating, we all set out for the city. Beregen often looks distant as you travel, like his mind is elsewhere, though he still doesn't attempt to escape.

(go into Illium? Hire a boat from the harbor? Travel another route?)
Gerin
 GM, 4 posts
Thu 26 Jan 2017
at 18:39
The Pale One(s)
That evening, I break out the medallion.  First, to let Faulris know what's happened and second, to ask Lethan what he wants done with his present (letting him know about his threats and the fact that he's probably working for or with a Pale One).  Once I've spoken with Lethan, I can make a decision on a travel route.
Blayze
 GM, 6 posts
Thu 26 Jan 2017
at 22:50
The Pale One(s)
In reply to Gerin (msg # 2):

You find yourself in the dark space that is the communication spell. Faulris wanders in and sits down. 'My recipe for a new tea is coming along nicely, thank you. I'm trying to decide whether rose hips or petals would be more efficacious. How are things on your side? Many funerals to be attended by your foes?' His words are light, but his eyes are scanning you closely.
Gerin
 GM, 5 posts
Fri 27 Jan 2017
at 14:35
The Pale One(s)
"I've got her, old friend," I say, running my hair through my hair, "I think she'll be fine.  There has been a wrinkle, however.  It turns out that the kidnapper was none other than Beregren.  The good news is that I had knocked him out and moved on before I recognized him, otherwise he might well be grub food.

"I'm going to contact Lethan and offer him first swing at his interrogation."

Blayze
 GM, 7 posts
Fri 27 Jan 2017
at 23:01
The Pale One(s)
In reply to Gerin (msg # 4):

'Uh huh.' Faulris' eyes widen a touch. "Are you planning to bring this 'scholar' here to the castle or over to Lethan's? Can I get a bit of advanced warning so that I can vacate the area first? Or at least get out of weapons range?" He seems to be only half-kidding.

"Seriously, though. Why would someone who seemed to be a serious magical scholar want to kidnap your wife?" He turns to joking again. "Did he hear her sing and want to whisk her away to be his own personal bard?" You know him well enough you can see the wheels turning in his head.
Gerin
 GM, 6 posts
Sat 28 Jan 2017
at 18:21
The Pale One(s)
"He spouted something about her not being able to avoid her destiny.  As for Lethan, I'm planning to talk to him next to see what he wants to do.  I'm sure if there's any information to be gotten, he'll get it."